PDA

View Full Version : NDSU v UNI - Homecoming Rivalry Week!

El_Chapo
10-07-2019, 03:53 AM
Well, lets get this thread started.
I hate UNI the most of all the teams we play.
All you have to do is look at some 2008, 2009 threads.
UNI will come in here ready to play and hopefully not throw 1 of our RB's into the wall!
https://valley-football.org/news/2009/10/13/IMPORTED_STORY_2396_131417837244096247.aspx?path=f ootball

Punish UNI on Homecoming, Show No Mercy!

MNLonghorn10
10-07-2019, 04:00 AM
Could have shit weather Thursday- Saturday. Not sure if the ground is cold enough for it to cause trouble but something to think about if you've got to travel here

El_Chapo
10-07-2019, 04:06 AM
Could have shit weather Thursday- Saturday. Not sure if the ground is cold enough for it to cause trouble but something to think about if you've got to travel here

That's right, all 125 UNI panther fans coming up I 35 to I 94 better put their chains on about suck centre

123Gobison
10-07-2019, 04:08 AM
Bryce Paup the prodigal architect of UNIs lights out Defense is back in UNI after a brief stint with Gophers. This will be a touch matchup. Our Offense vs UNI Defense is going to be a all out , knock out , dog fight this year.

EC8CH
10-07-2019, 04:32 AM
https://i.imgflip.com/16kows.gif (https://imgflip.com/gif/16kows)

Christopher Moen
10-07-2019, 08:36 AM
Bryce Paup the prodigal architect of UNIs lights out Defense is back in UNI after a brief stint with Gophers. This will be a touch matchup. Our Offense vs UNI Defense is going to be a all out , knock out , dog fight this year.

He came back last year.

scottietohottie
10-07-2019, 10:17 AM

It sure is something to think about. Im going to say fuck it and head south to Fargo. Been thinking to much lately. Grinding shit through today and tomorrow. Fuck it.

Professor Chaos
10-07-2019, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I have a gut feeling that this game is going to be a barnburner. Maybe it's the Minnesota (pro) sports fan "expect the worst" mentality coming out but things are just rolling so well for the Bison after last Saturday I feel like there's a regression coming and UNI's defense is really really good... good enough to keep them in any game.

Hopefully, if nothing else, that's a successful reverse jinx.

BisonTeacher
10-07-2019, 11:56 AM

Dammit. But thanks for the heads up.

bisonp
10-07-2019, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I have a gut feeling that this game is going to be a barnburner. Maybe it's the Minnesota (pro) sports fan "expect the worst" mentality coming out but things are just rolling so well for the Bison after last Saturday I feel like there's a regression coming and UNI's defense is really really good... good enough to keep them in any game.

Hopefully, if nothing else, that's a successful reverse jinx.

I recall posters claiming ISU's defense was legit last week.

23Bison
10-07-2019, 12:33 PM
As good as UNIs defense supposedly is (like ISU defense) I still think we win by 17. Their offense will struggle to do much and ours will move plenty but slowed a bit once we get to their 40 yard line. We’ll get our points but will have to scratch them out.

Bison 30
UNI 10.

Bisonator98
10-07-2019, 01:07 PM
UNI looked pedestrian against YSU. I'm sure they will play us harder then anyone else per usual but I think we roll to an easy win.

El_Chapo
10-07-2019, 01:44 PM
the Hatred is there. Farley will make sure of that.

El_Chapo
10-07-2019, 04:09 PM
UNI panthers QB is more mobile than their past QB's, that will present a headache or 2. DE's will just have to go wide and push him inside if he wants to scramble.

BisManBison
10-07-2019, 04:22 PM
UNI panthers QB is more mobile than their past QB's, that will present a headache or 2. DE's will just have to go wide and push him inside if he wants to scramble.

He's mobile, but not very accurate on the move. And will make mistakes when under pressure, likes to throw off his back foot. I predict the Bison get 2 to 3 picks this weekend (if they play with some stick em this weekend) with one being a pick 6.

THEsocalledfan
10-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Dammit. But thanks for the heads up.

We'll have he heat on for ya. :)

EC8CH
10-07-2019, 05:32 PM
This news seem relevant:

UNI coach Mark Farley just revealed at his weekly press conference that senior WR Jalen Rima is redshirting & has entered the transfer portal.

Farley said that "everyone deserves to have a good senior year" and "we wish him the best."

https://twitter.com/realColeBair/status/1181258734154256385?s=20

Hasn't been a big factor in their offense this year. Only one reception and a couple of kick returns.

Had 3 catches for 47 yards against us last year.

THEsocalledfan
10-07-2019, 05:58 PM
This news seem relevant:

https://twitter.com/realColeBair/status/1181258734154256385?s=20

Hasn't been a big factor in their offense this year. Only one reception and a couple of kick returns.

Had 3 catches for 47 yards against us last year.

Crazy.....I think he is also related to Gary Rima, the pbp guy for UNI, too. Wonder what his plans are and why he would do this?

El_Chapo
10-07-2019, 06:08 PM
Crazy.....I think he is also related to Gary Rima, the pbp guy for UNI, too. Wonder what his plans are and why he would do this?

cuz he's a PUNK!! 3 years ago down at UNI he was grabbing his junk at us NDSU fans. whatever, good riddance!.

plus he liked that song "Pour Some Sugar on Me" ahem>>>> https://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/uni/football/uni-football-sophomore-rima-charged-with-third-degree-criminal-mischief/article_9ff68096-221c-5444-99f0-bb19cafad4d5.html

THEsocalledfan
10-07-2019, 06:09 PM
cuz he's a PUNK!! 3 years ago down at UNI he was grabbing his junk at us NDSU fans. whatever, good riddance!.

Don't you do that at every tailgate? LOL

23Bison
10-07-2019, 06:51 PM
And now apparently UNIs All-American TE Briley Moore is out with injury for the remainder of the regular season. Could be back for playoffs.

scottietohottie
10-07-2019, 06:51 PM
Rivalry week? We playing sdsu? I got you good you fhawkers.

BadlandsBison
10-07-2019, 07:12 PM
I wonder how many more seasons Farley will continue coaching. Their program is in a bit of a tough spot with basketball eating up all of the funding and NDSU/rabbits dominating the valley. Plus his sons are all graduated, maybe he'll stick around for awhile to get them starting in coaching careers.

23Bison
10-07-2019, 07:20 PM
I wonder how many more seasons Farley will continue coaching. Their program is in a bit of a tough spot with basketball eating up all of the funding and NDSU/rabbits dominating the valley. Plus his sons are all graduated, maybe he'll stick around for awhile to get them starting in coaching careers.
Oh god that’s all we/they need is to have a never ending supply of Farley’s.

Mr Pep Band
10-07-2019, 07:27 PM

Well the Crypt Keeper is IMMORTAL!

23Bison
10-07-2019, 07:34 PM
That makes too much sense! And I don’t like it. Maybe if he gets beat by yet another one of his former assistants he’ll call it quits after this season.

BisManBison
10-07-2019, 07:43 PM

Never know when we're gonna need to poach more coaches from UNI.

scottietohottie
10-07-2019, 07:53 PM
Tommy boy was my favorite.

23Bison
10-07-2019, 07:56 PM
Tommy boy was my favorite.
Such a Legend! Go finish your canola now. We’ve had 3 samples under 9 moisture come in in the last hr.

scottietohottie
10-07-2019, 07:58 PM
Such a Legend! Go finish your canola now. We’ve had 3 samples under 9 moisture come in in the last hr.

Doing wheat. The canola is to muddy wet. Pulling a t800 half a mile to gravel right now.

23Bison
10-07-2019, 08:12 PM
Doing wheat. The canola is to muddy wet. Pulling a t800 half a mile to gravel right now.
Well at least your being productive. :irslow:

El_Chapo
10-08-2019, 12:29 AM
panther fans playing the old "we are gonna get killed" line.... but deep down they think they can compete

bruinbison
10-08-2019, 12:49 AM
Panther news - New plays with QB under center after TE injuries, different defensive line-ups etc......

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/uni-panthers/uni-football-news-vs-north-dakota-state-jalen-rima-transfer-20191007%3ftemplate=amphtml

3. New vs. old against NDSU

Along with a handful of plays from under center this past Saturday, the Panthers also showed new personnel groupings, pre-snap shifts and other wrinkles in their four and five-wide receiver sets.

Meanwhile, UNI’s defense continued to productively use its ability to switch between 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 schemes, using the former to shut down Youngstown State’s run game in the first half and using the latter to limit its passing game in the second half as it played from behind.

El_Chapo
10-08-2019, 02:34 AM
Bryce Paup as Def coach worries me vs Tyler Roehl... just call me crazy.

Nel360
10-08-2019, 02:45 AM
Bryce Paup as Def coach worries me vs Tyler Roehl... just call me crazy.Why he's not suited up and playing.[emoji2369]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
10-08-2019, 01:20 PM
Bryce Paup as Def coach worries me vs Tyler Roehl... just call me crazy.

Ok crazy.:)

UNI's defense always seems to play NDSU tough but UNI's offense is pretty bad so I'm not too worried. We should win this game going away.

El_Chapo
10-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Ok crazy.:)

UNI's defense always seems to play NDSU tough but UNI's offense is pretty bad so I'm not too worried. We should win this game going away.

that's how i am leaving.

UNI great defense, but David Anderson and Kurt Warner aren't walking into the Fargodome saturday.

tjbison
10-08-2019, 03:25 PM
that's how i am leaving.

UNI great defense, but David Anderson and Kurt Warner aren't walking into the Fargodome saturday.

David Johnson???

El_Chapo
10-08-2019, 03:32 PM
lol David Johnson. correct :(

Professor Chaos
10-08-2019, 04:16 PM
Farley has a pretty cushy gig by college football standards. He's the highest paid coach in the MVFC I'm pretty sure if not the FCS... working at his alma mater with the freedom to basically do what he wants with the program... he's not going to get fired, at worst just politely asked if he'd be willing to step down. I wouldn't guess he's in any hurry to retire or coach elsewhere.

Bison 4 Life
10-08-2019, 04:21 PM
Farley has a pretty cushy gig by college football standards. He's the highest paid coach in the MVFC I'm pretty sure if not the FCS... working at his alma mater with the freedom to basically do what he wants with the program... he's not going to get fired, at worst just politely asked if he'd be willing to step down. I wouldn't guess he's in any hurry to retire or coach elsewhere.

He's only 56 with an over .600 winning percentage and a winning record in the playoffs. He can write his own exit when he wants.

Bison03
10-08-2019, 05:00 PM
The weather terrorists are forecasting anywhere from nothing...to 2 feet and a blizzard on Saturday. Tailgating in a blizzard is something that hasn’t occurred at least in recent memory. Might only be the bus and camper tailgaters out in the lot as it would be a nightmare to be outside.

Christopher Moen
10-08-2019, 05:15 PM

In his defense, he did his own contract during that brief stint as AD.

Mr Pep Band
10-08-2019, 05:16 PM
Calling it now, parade will be canceled. Or at least SHOULD be cancel if this storm comes to bear.

Hot Take I know, but this is weather, not sports.

EVERYONE will be driving like southern-speed idiots when that first snowflake falls.

El_Chapo
10-08-2019, 05:18 PM
no blizzard should dampen homecoming or tailgating. suck it up buttercups!
you can transfer to jacksonsville state or go cheer for a team down south.

Professor Chaos
10-08-2019, 05:19 PM
Calling it now, parade will be canceled. Or at least SHOULD be cancel if this storm comes to bear.

Hot Take I know, but this is weather, not sports.

EVERYONE will be driving like southern-speed idiots when that first snowflake falls.
Not everyone... there will be plenty driving 2 mph down the road creating just as much of a hazard as the crazies going too fast.

I'm starting to wonder if this weather will screw with UNI's team travel plans. I'm pretty sure they normally charter in on Friday and it looks like air traffic may be a mess then as well.

HandoEX
10-08-2019, 05:42 PM
Not everyone... there will be plenty driving 2 mph down the road creating just as much of a hazard as the crazies going too fast.

I'm starting to wonder if this weather will screw with UNI's team travel plans. I'm pretty sure they normally charter in on Friday and it looks like air traffic may be a mess then as well.
Agreed, traffic will be at snail pace if it snows

I fly home on Friday, so really hoping for no delays or cancellations when flying into Fargo!

Expecting a close game in this one, UNI will pull out all the stops!

X-Factor
10-08-2019, 06:05 PM
And now apparently UNIs All-American TE Briley Moore is out with injury for the remainder of the regular season. Could be back for playoffs.

Playoffs? What playoffs?

totoinfl
10-08-2019, 06:40 PM
He's only 56 with an over .600 winning percentage and a winning record in the playoffs. He can write his own exit when he wants.

Wow only 56...that dude has been rode hard and put away wet too many times...

MNLonghorn10
10-08-2019, 06:40 PM
no blizzard should dampen homecoming or tailgating. suck it up buttercups!
you can transfer to jacksonsville state or go cheer for a team down south.Yea I'll hard pass this one.

Man this makes me mad. Especially when days like today are borderline perfect

totoinfl
10-08-2019, 06:42 PM

Funny...feels the same way when everyone comes south for the winter and we have the odd rainy day....Martha how do i steer in the rain...i don't know Earl just go faster and you will drive out of it.

Christopher Moen
10-08-2019, 08:29 PM
Funny...feels the same way when everyone comes south for the winter and we have the odd rainy day....Martha how do i steer in the rain...i don't know Earl just go faster and you will drive out of it.

Every time I'm in Florida, I've only seen two types of drivers - super fast and super slow, especially on I-75.

Mr Meaty
10-08-2019, 08:57 PM
Every time I'm in Florida, I've only seen two types of drivers - super fast and super slow, especially on I-75.

That is the average ago of people driving on that road as well. :bow:

Christopher Moen
10-08-2019, 09:03 PM
That is the average ago of people driving on that road as well. :bow:

Or maybe the average IQ?

gumby013
10-08-2019, 09:21 PM
Line opens at -21.5

O/U of 40

Theoretical score of ~31-9

VirginiaBison
10-08-2019, 10:09 PM

Hmmmm, interesting thought ... UNI has been a source for NDSU coaches. A Farley(s) on the future staff??

GreenfieldBison
10-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Who is “Earl” and what does he know about driving?

EC8CH
10-09-2019, 01:49 AM

Plus a sweet vacation home on Snake Mountain.

Burrows
10-09-2019, 01:51 AM
With the weather coming, would they ever postpone? Doubt they would refund anything on season ticket? What is policy on this sort of thing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Burrows
10-09-2019, 01:51 AM
Line opens at -21.5

O/U of 40

Theoretical score of ~31-9

High

El_Chapo
10-09-2019, 02:39 AM
High

already bet down to ndsu -19

vegas/books always push ndsu about 5-6 points ahead of where it should be, because they have gotten burned so many times in the fbs games and games in general with ndsu.

roadwarrior
10-09-2019, 12:31 PM
With the weather coming, would they ever postpone? Doubt they would refund anything on season ticket? What is policy on this sort of thing?

Nebraska-Omaha was scheduled to play NDSU at Dacotah Field on Nov 2, 1991. A major winter storm hit the upper Midwest, but mostly south of Fargo beginning Thursday of that week. I was living in the Twin Cities at the time and we received nearly three feet of snow there. UNO was making the trip via bus and got stranded somewhere in SD. On Friday it was announced the game was moved to Sunday afternoon. By Saturday morning it was apparent that this wouldn't be possible either and the conference cancelled ALL games that weekend. Northern Colorado had flown into Grand Forks with no problems on Friday and the NCC cancelled that game also, even though Grand Forks missed the storm.

I don't remember if there was any refund.

scottietohottie
10-09-2019, 12:36 PM
We're not messing around for this one. Pulling the kids out of school and heading down tonight. Some will attend a wedding Saturday. One won't. Go Bison!

Mr Meaty
10-09-2019, 12:39 PM
We're not messing around for this one. Pulling the kids out of school and heading down tonight. Some will attend a wedding Saturday. One won't. Go Bison!

A Man with a plan. Good for you. Last night my girlfriend asked if we would make the game on Saturday due to weather? I said well I will make the game not sure what you are doing. lol Plus I said you better make it or I have to find someone to go to Vikes/Eagles game with me on Sunday. She just glared at me. This is her first season of tailgating and going to games. She is not a big fan of tailgating in cold wet weather.

17>1
10-09-2019, 12:49 PM
Watched a little bit of the UNI vs Youngstown game. That QB for the Panthers is tiny!! I will say he made an athletic play and threw a nice TD pass during the short time I watched, but I'm not overly impressed with the freshman...again, a small sample size. I like our chances against him during his first trip to the FFD.

scottietohottie
10-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Hopefully uni heads to Fargo sometime today as well. Lee timmerman you just wait in Bismarck for a bit. Think you might miss it anyways.

Professor Chaos
10-09-2019, 01:35 PM
Watched a little bit of the UNI vs Youngstown game. That QB for the Panthers is tiny!! I will say he made an athletic play and threw a nice TD pass during the short time I watched, but I'm not overly impressed with the freshman...again, a small sample size. I like our chances against him during his first trip to the FFD.
Their offense isn't going to scare anyone. Of the 124 FCS teams the NCAA tracks for stats they're 90th in yards per play (4.99), 106th in yards per carry (2.91), and 48th in passing efficiency (126.98).

Based on the little bits I've watched of them their QB likes to take shots down the field which means they'll have a puncher's chance of hitting a few explosive plays but they aren't going to sustain drives against the Bison defense. I think the only chance they have is to get a special teams or defensive score (or two).

Their defense is stout though (I know... Illinois St was supposed to have a stout defense also). I could see UNI turning it into a rock fight a la the 2015 quarterfinals. Hopefully the Bison offense is up to the challenge (again).

Burrows
10-09-2019, 02:22 PM
Nebraska-Omaha was scheduled to play NDSU at Dacotah Field on Nov 2, 1991. A major winter storm hit the upper Midwest, but mostly south of Fargo beginning Thursday of that week. I was living in the Twin Cities at the time and we received nearly three feet of snow there. UNO was making the trip via bus and got stranded somewhere in SD. On Friday it was announced the game was moved to Sunday afternoon. By Saturday morning it was apparent that this wouldn't be possible either and the conference cancelled ALL games that weekend. Northern Colorado had flown into Grand Forks with no problems on Friday and the NCC cancelled that game also, even though Grand Forks missed the storm.

I don't remember if there was any refund.

Interesting, thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bisonfanette
10-09-2019, 02:42 PM
Matt Larson is on 970 right now... talking about future scheduling.

Gully
10-09-2019, 02:56 PM

any tidbits?

bisonfanette
10-09-2019, 03:07 PM
He is still working on the schedule for 2021. When he was asked the question about scheduling a future FBS team, he said one of the problems is the fbs school may not have an opening until game nine or game 10. That would not be in the best interest of our team, preparing for playoffs.
He talked about the huge fundraising event and the kick off tomorrow.

HerdThat!
10-09-2019, 03:09 PM

he share anything on past scheduling?

Professor Chaos
10-09-2019, 03:20 PM
He is still working on the schedule for 2021. When he was asked the question about scheduling a future FBS team, he said one of the problems is the fbs school may not have an opening until game nine or game 10. That would not be in the best interest of our team, preparing for playoffs.
I may be reading too much into this but to me that tells me he's talking to ACC and SEC schools. I believe the B1G, Big 12, and Pac 12 will play conference games from this point in the season on and only the ACC and SEC will delve out of conference late in the season to play FCS games.

Mr Meaty
10-09-2019, 03:31 PM
I may be reading too much into this but to me that tells me he's talking to ACC and SEC schools. I believe the B1G, Big 12, and Pac 12 will play conference games from this point in the season on and only the ACC and SEC will delve out of conference late in the season to play FCS games.

That has been their way the past several years. Clemson will come play us at US Bank Stadium.

oldmantutters
10-09-2019, 04:13 PM
He talked about the huge fundraising event and the kick off tomorrow.That was in regards to a question about scheduling Alabama .

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
10-09-2019, 04:30 PM
So far this week, I've watched two games of UNI - Youngstown and Weber State.

I won't get into my breakdown too much right now, but their #22 LB in both games got away with some ridiculous extra curricular activity in both games when tackling an opponent that probably should have been flagged from taunting.

MinotBison
10-09-2019, 04:55 PM

In 2021, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M look to be the only SEC schools who currently have 11 games scheduled. All the rest have 12.

Mr Meaty
10-09-2019, 04:58 PM
Can we run the ball this weekend? Will this be the game Trey needs to throw it 25+ times? O line better be ready and dominate.

BadlandsBison
10-09-2019, 05:14 PM
So far this week, I've watched two games of UNI - Youngstown and Weber State.

I won't get into my breakdown too much right now, but their #22 LB in both games got away with some ridiculous extra curricular activity in both games when tackling an opponent that probably should have been flagged from taunting.

Where did you watch the games? I'll have some time to kill in the next couple days

Christopher Moen
10-09-2019, 05:47 PM
Where did you watch the games? I'll have some time to kill in the next couple days

ESPN+ for the Youngstown game (Idaho State is also there - just missed the Southern Utah game as they don't keep games older than a month).

The Weber State game can be found at the Big Sky Conference website: https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/11/19/WatchBigSky.aspx

Can't find a full game of them with Iowa State, but here's the end of the game video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yy_eowK8toE

Burrows
10-09-2019, 05:54 PM

Schedule is perfect now, would not want to play an fbs game right before playoffs. Liked home and home or beatable fbs team. Not fan of playing Oregon.

HandoEX
10-09-2019, 06:06 PM
Schedule is perfect now, would not want to play an fbs game right before playoffs. Liked home and home or beatable fbs team. Not fan of playing Oregon.

Sounds like you should pick a different team to be a fan of. Shitty attitude...

scottietohottie
10-09-2019, 06:33 PM
How many tailgate generators to power the fargodome?

cbline
10-09-2019, 06:48 PM

Reminds me of Thomas Aquinas: How many angels can dance on the head of a pin,? or alternately, How many licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?

DORMIE
10-09-2019, 07:07 PM
Road forgot about the best road trip ever. The Road Warriors, Road
Ken Frank, maybe Hal and myself took off for Sioux Falls for a game
with Augi. The roads were not closed, but travel was not advised. After
we got over that hill south on 94 things were fine. We stopped at the
Stark house in Brookings for some food and some bad ass Vodkas. We proceeded
to the game where there was a foot of snow on the field. We drank a lot of beer
at the game, won 25-0 and John Stark got waxed. Lynn Stark was obviously pissed
because after the Quarterfinal game at UC Davis which we won 31-12 they asked John
what time breakfast was the next week on the way to Vermillion for the Semifinal.
John's response "They'rll be no more breakfasts" So much fun back in the day.

pissed as after the Quarterfinal game in UC Davis which we won 31-12 thay asced
John what time breakfast was the next week on the way to Vermillion for the Semifinal.e

Professor Chaos
10-09-2019, 07:27 PM
https://66.media.tumblr.com/928810cae13cb7318b82179cac95876f/tumblr_p297iokWer1rf1yd3o10_500.jpg

Gully
10-09-2019, 07:36 PM
In 2021, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas A&M look to be the only SEC schools who currently have 11 games scheduled. All the rest have 12.

Ok, play South Carolina or Tennessee. I'm fine with that.

Gully
10-09-2019, 07:39 PM

You may not appreciate how hard it is for NDSU to schedule games. Many don't want to play NDSU at all and even if they do, they have to have the weekend open.

THEsocalledfan
10-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Currently, Oregon would be a about a 14 point favorite at their house as we stand. They lose a lot next year, and and we don't. That will be a winnable game.

SDbison
10-09-2019, 07:51 PM
Currently, Oregon would be a about a 14 point favorite at their house as we stand. They lose a lot next year, and and we don't. That will be a winnable game. Yes, it will be winnable! And there will be 10,000 Bison fans there if enough tickets are available.

heffray
10-09-2019, 08:11 PM

Yeah, why would NDSU want to play a renowned FBS team who will potentially be rated in the top 25? When has that ever worked out for us?

MankatoBison
10-09-2019, 08:46 PM
Yeah, why would NDSU want to play a renowned FBS team who will potentially be rated in the top 25? When has that ever worked out for us?

LOL correct, who needs those STUPID FBS games anyways. All it does is makes us look stupid, and incompetant and doesnt give us ANY national exposure.

BisonHorns
10-09-2019, 10:16 PM
Farley's weekly press conference. I haven't watched it yet so enter the crypt at your own risk.
https://youtu.be/21hJaYGarc4

MinotBison
10-09-2019, 10:53 PM
In the ACC, Boston College and Miami currently only have 11 games scheduled in 2021. In the Mountain West, Fresno State only has 11 scheduled for that year.

MinotBison
10-09-2019, 11:12 PM
Yes, it will be winnable! And there will be 10,000 Bison fans there if enough tickets are available.

Just a hunch, but something tells me there would not be 10,000 tickets available for us. :howdy:

EC8CH
10-10-2019, 12:05 AM
Farley's weekly press conference. I haven't watched it yet so enter the crypt at your own risk.
https://youtu.be/21hJaYGarc4

Holy crap that slide right at the beginning scared the shit out of me!

BisonNeil
10-10-2019, 01:10 AM
Just a hunch, but something tells me there would not be 10,000 tickets available for us. :howdy:

Why? Maybe not 10,000 but it could be close. The stadium holds about 58,500. The last two years FCS schools drew 47,000 and a bit over 49,000. That’s 9500 to 12,000 tickets potentially available. The caveat is that the Ducks usually play a FCS team the second game of season whereas I believe the Bison are the first game in 2020. The past two years some shit G5 teams have been the first game and those games drew 50 to 51,000 so only 7500 to 8500 tickets available.

A neighbor of mine has a daughter who is a faculty member at OU and her partner is on the university legal team. They have said repeatedly that Duck fans hate FCS games and they refuse to go and support playing shit teams like that. I’m not sure an opponent with nattys will draw those moths to the flame.

MinotBison
10-10-2019, 01:42 AM
Why? Maybe not 10,000 but it could be close. The stadium holds about 58,500. The last two years FCS schools drew 47,000 and a bit over 49,000. That’s 9500 to 12,000 tickets potentially available. The caveat is that the Ducks usually play a FCS team the second game of season whereas I believe the Bison are the first game in 2020. The past two years some shit G5 teams have been the first game and those games drew 50 to 51,000 so only 7500 to 8500 tickets available.

A neighbor of mine has a daughter who is a faculty member at OU and her partner is on the university legal team. They have said repeatedly that Duck fans hate FCS games and they refuse to go and support playing shit teams like that. I’m not sure an opponent with nattys will draw those moths to the flame.

Does anyone know how many tickets we were allotted for the Iowa, K-State and Gopher games?

NDSU92
10-10-2019, 02:33 AM

Are you saying Duck fans already have Bison Fatigue?

BisonNeil
10-10-2019, 02:51 AM
Are you saying Duck fans already have Bison Fatigue?

Ha! Good one! I love evening belly laughs. Thanks!

UpstateBison
10-10-2019, 03:14 AM
Ok, play South Carolina or Tennessee. I'm fine with that.

This would be so awesome. Knoxville is 2.5 hours and Columbia is 1.5. After going to Delaware, Fargo and Normal in the past 3 games, this would be so nice.

El_Chapo
10-10-2019, 04:24 AM
Does anyone know how many tickets we were allotted for the Iowa, K-State and Gopher games?

5,000 for those games... Iowa State too.

BisManBison
10-10-2019, 02:23 PM
This would be so awesome. Knoxville is 2.5 hours and Columbia is 1.5. After going to Delaware, Fargo and Normal in the past 3 games, this would be so nice.

Let's get Vanderbilt scheduled!!! A Bison weekend in Nashville!!!

123Gobison
10-10-2019, 02:25 PM
UNI & Upper Iowa Sports talk radio host Gary Rima had this to say about NDSU Bison
Please listen from the 100 minute mark.
https://www.spreaker.com/user/onpressrow/opr10092019_1?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=user%3A8212023&utm_term=episode_title

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2019, 02:39 PM
UNI & Upper Iowa Sports talk radio host Gary Rima had this to say about NDSU Bison
https://www.spreaker.com/user/onpressrow/opr10092019_1?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=user%3A8212023&utm_term=episode_title

Yeah, he nailed it. It is fascinating to me that FBS folks can't understand this when NDSU keeps winning FBS games and completely destroys FCS competition. Anyone wants to listen to an FBS tool, tune this in.

Its like they guys completely ignore the part of NDSU destroying FCS competition.......tools.

MNLonghorn10
10-10-2019, 02:46 PM
https://www.spreaker.com/user/onpressrow/opr10092019_1?utm_medium=widget&utm_source=user%3A8212023&utm_term=episode_titleHaha good listen and the host says what we've been saying for years.

His cohost is a dork with the cliche "go to camp randall, kinnick then host ohio state and see how you do" line.

Ok ndsu would challenge Wisconsin and iowa and probably get blown out by ohio st like most teams barely do outside of the top 25.

I guess he doesnt consider teams having 100,000,000 more dollars in their athletic budget too.

HerdistheWord
10-10-2019, 02:52 PM
One guy gets it. One guy doesn’t. Calling Iowa a bad team in 2016 is ridiculous. They were loaded with talent that year. The apples to oranges argument is partially true, but it gets diminished when you factor in a fairly objective ranking system capable of accounting for the strength of schedule difference and when you take into account NDSU’s record against against FBS, which includes at least two good wins (Kansas State and Iowa).

Professor Chaos
10-10-2019, 03:03 PM
"They've played 6 FBS game in 9 years... any team can get up for the big one."

Then why do FCS teams lose 90% (or more this year) of games against FBS teams. NDSU is "the big one" for the majority of teams on their schedule yet NDSU is 117-8 in the last 8+ years. It's a tired and easily refuted argument the guy is making.

tjbison
10-10-2019, 03:16 PM
"They've played 6 FBS game in 9 years... any team can get up for the big one."

Then why do FCS teams lose 90% (or more this year) of games against FBS teams. NDSU is "the big one" for the majority of teams on their schedule yet NDSU is 117-8 in the last 8+ years. It's a tired and easily refuted argument the guy is making.

you know whats Funny, last night on ESPN they were bragging up App St and their "upset" over North Carolina this year. adn a fun fact came out I didnt know. Appy beating UNC was their first P5 win since Michigan in 2004....lol

THEsocalledfan
10-10-2019, 03:47 PM
Love all of the discussion, but why don't these tools note that NDSU usually blows out FCS competition the same way a P5 program usually does with limited exceptions.....

Mr Pep Band
10-10-2019, 03:52 PM
you know whats Funny, last night on ESPN they were bragging up App St and their "upset" over North Carolina this year. adn a fun fact came out I didnt know. Appy beating UNC was their first P5 win since Michigan in 2007....lol

Fixed your post.

IndyBison
10-10-2019, 03:57 PM
Haha good listen and the host says what we've been saying for years.

His cohost is a dork with the cliche "go to camp randall, kinnick then host ohio state and see how you do" line.

Ok ndsu would challenge Wisconsin and iowa and probably get blown out by ohio st like most teams barely do outside of the top 25.

I guess he doesnt consider teams having 100,000,000 more dollars in their athletic budget too.

The truth to that statement though is it would be a very different story if the current NDSU team had to play that schedule each season. They've been good and had great results against good P5 teams, but some of those wins were over teams at the right time. Iowa and Kansas State were definitely the most impressive but both of those could have easily gone the other way with winning scores in the last minute.

That doesn't diminish at all what the Bison have accomplished which is incredible. It's amazing to be on this kind of roll at any level. Mount Union is the only other one I would say is remotely comparable. I would love to see what they would do in the D2 tournament, and I"m sure they could beat some FCS playoff teams.

I hope fans truly appreciate what this program has accomplished. They are making it look easy, but it's far from easy.

Professor Chaos
10-10-2019, 04:00 PM
The truth to that statement though is it would be a very different story if the current NDSU team had to play that schedule each season. They've been good and had great results against good P5 teams, but some of those wins were over teams at the right time. Iowa and Kansas State were definitely the most impressive but both of those could have easily gone the other way with winning scores in the last minute.

That doesn't diminish at all what the Bison have accomplished which is incredible. It's amazing to be on this kind of roll at any level. Mount Union is the only other one I would say is remotely comparable. I would love to see what they would do in the D2 tournament, and I"m sure they could beat some FCS playoff teams.

I hope fans truly appreciate what this program has accomplished. They are making it look easy, but it's far from easy.
I've wondered how that Iowa game may have turned out differently had Klieman decided to kick the XP to tie the game at 21 or had they got the 2 point conversion to go up 22-21. Iowa was their own worst enemy with poor execution and timid play-calling on that last offensive series they had. Had they been in a tie game or even been trailing would playing with more urgency have sparked them? We'll never know but it's funny how that decision to go for 2 and failing to convert it worked out in the end.

scottietohottie
10-10-2019, 04:18 PM
Well was going to leave last night but then got a call that the corn chopper was on his way. Now I get to say I chopped corn in a blizzard. Actually froze enough to make the equipment carry better. Going to be a wet mess if it warms up again now. Guessing im going to miss this one too now.

scottietohottie
10-10-2019, 05:17 PM
The boys can handle it. Im putting on my bison starter jacket and trying to make Fargo before dark. I won't post and drive.

LukeDuke
10-10-2019, 05:22 PM
I've wondered how that Iowa game may have turned out differently had Klieman decided to kick the XP to tie the game at 21 or had they got the 2 point conversion to go up 22-21. Iowa was their own worst enemy with poor execution and timid play-calling on that last offensive series they had. Had they been in a tie game or even been trailing would playing with more urgency have sparked them? We'll never know but it's funny how that decision to go for 2 and failing to convert it worked out in the end.

Yep, wasn't too disappointed when they failed to convert. Thought our best chance was Iowa just trying to run out the clock on the last drive, and give us time for 1 last drive. Was hoping Bison were going to get closer to end zone for an easier FGA, but it worked out.

Wait, what thread is this again?

Christopher Moen
10-10-2019, 05:25 PM

I don't believe NDSU wins that game if they get the two-point conversion. This is something I said after the game and still believe it.

Christopher Moen
10-10-2019, 05:26 PM
The boys can handle it. Im putting on my bison starter jacket and trying to make Fargo before dark. I won't post and drive.

Your dad isn't coming to the game is he? If so, we might have to let Vegas know.....

scottietohottie
10-10-2019, 05:28 PM
Your dad isn't coming to the game is he? If so, we might have to let Vegas know.....

Nope. He's watching dogs and cows. He did break the curse last fall.

Christopher Moen
10-10-2019, 05:48 PM
Nope. He's watching dogs and cows. He did break the curse last fall.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/13kBpdtkpFYQh2/giphy.gif

heffray
10-10-2019, 06:17 PM
I don't believe NDSU wins that game if they get the two-point conversion. This is something I said after the game and still believe it.

I agree with you that it would change the play-calling of IOWA if they were down 1 instead of up 1. We can agree to disagree on the execution of said plays against the Bison D. Either way though, you're right, and probably what Klieman was thinknig if he missed the conversion, which is why he went for it. I think if it's a few seconds on the clock he would have played for OT and kicked.

JMB
10-10-2019, 08:44 PM

I still remember many years ago, back when we were in the Great West. UNI played Southern Utah, and Rima had someone from their SUU on this program. I don't think we were doing much yet, but I remember the guy saying, "The school to watch is NDSU, I have seen their program they will be a force in the years to come."

CaBisonFan
10-10-2019, 10:23 PM
Any chance this game gets stormed out? And if so...what would happen in terms of a makeup game?

Christopher Moen
10-10-2019, 10:23 PM
I still remember many years ago, back when we were in the Great West. UNI played Southern Utah, and Rima had someone from their SUU on this program. I don't think we were doing much yet, but I remember the guy saying, "The school to watch is NDSU, I have seen their program they will be a force in the years to come."

Rima's cohost reminds me of the old UNI fan phrase towards NDSU when the Bison and Jackrabbits first joined the conference, "You have to prove it."

Bison03
10-10-2019, 10:25 PM
Any chance this game gets stormed out? And if so...what would happen in terms of a makeup game?
Looking like tomorrow will be the worst day. Lingering around saturday. Kind of surprised UNI didnt come up today.

Bison 4 Life
10-10-2019, 10:40 PM

finally got a chance to listen to it. That kid just graduated from Iowa. The salt is strong.

Christopher Moen
10-10-2019, 10:52 PM
finally got a chance to listen to it. That kid just graduated from Iowa. The salt is strong.

I work with a bunch of people who went to Iowa - they're still angry.

bisonfanette
10-10-2019, 11:23 PM

Drive carefully!

scottietohottie
10-10-2019, 11:31 PM
I made it. In west Fargo across the street from nick goeser house. Yeah im staying with his hockey fan neighbors. Don't worry I have 4 days worth of bison gear with. Roads sucked from lakota to gf. Drivers were even worse. One idiot decides to drive 25 and everyone has too. Home is in the 18 to 30 inch zone lets not talk farming. You can plug a corn chopper with snow. Had to stop.

scottietohottie
10-11-2019, 12:20 AM
And now there's no travel advised from where we just came from. You better get your butts to Fargo uni.

EC8CH
10-11-2019, 12:37 AM

Is NDSU better than 50% of FBS teams? Probably.

Is NDSU better than 70% of FBS teams? Maybe.

Is NDSU better than 100% of Iowa teams? Definitely.

bruinbison
10-11-2019, 01:01 AM
In looking at Northern Iowa’s 2-deep (page 8)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/uni.sidearmsports.com/documents/2019/10/8/NDSU.pdf

there are some familiar names from recruiting, especially Minnesota players.
If anyone remembers a different version, please correct.

- Isaiah Weston is at WR, from Albertville, don’t remember NDSU offering and always wondered why (good thing Bison got Christian Watson recruited). Weston was a great track athlete also and this year has 18 receptions for 381 yards, 4 TD’s as a sophomore.

- Elerson Smith - 6’ 5” 230 - DE - sophomore - don’t remember NDSU involved

- Jevon Brekke - 6’ 3” 209 - R - sophomore - DeLaSalle HS - another recognizable name I also don’t remember NDSU being involved with, but always wondered why.

- Omar Brown - 6’ 190 - FR - CB - Minneapolis North - NDSU had an early offer to. Now starting as a true freshman for the Panthers.

Non-Minnesota names include:

- Tristan Roper - 6’ 5” 280 - OT - Blue Springs MO - 2nd team as a true frosh - NDSU offered

- Trevor Penning - OT - Clear Lake IA - 6’ 7” 321 - NDSU offered his “little brother” Jared - 6’ 6” - who went with UNI instead

Uffda
10-11-2019, 03:45 AM

I quit listening at 107:45 when that dork said it wasn't legal for an FBS school to go into a game at a FCS's home field. Really? Did I hear him right? Haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe one you guys have already commented on that remark.

EC8CH
10-11-2019, 03:48 AM
I quit listening at 107:45 when that dork said it wasn't legal for an FBS school to go into a game at a FCS's home field. Really? Did I hear him right? Haven't read the rest of this thread, so maybe one you guys already commented on that remark.

Yes officer, I'm at the Fargodome and I'd like to report a beating.

Uffda
10-11-2019, 03:51 AM
Yes officer, I'm at the Fargodome and I'd like to report a beating. Coach Farley? We were expecting your call. Get over it.

Christopher Moen
10-11-2019, 04:46 AM
Here's my assessment of UNI after watching their last three games (yes, in reverse order) against Youngstown State, Weber State and Idaho State:

The good: Their defense. Although not great, they are very disciplined against the run, especially with gap assignment. I didn't see them as a team that stacked the box a lot, but when it came to tackling the ball carrier, they attacked like a pack of dogs after a three-legged cat. They can give up big runs when they lacked focus, but when they're on, like they were against YSU compared to the other two teams, they are stingy on the ground.

The pass defense isn't nearly as good as their run defense as they gave up big throws in all three games, but they do have talenedt DBs that will battle with the Bison WRs.

The bad (somewhat): Their special teams. They have a good FG kicker and decent punter, but their kick return game isn't very good and probably why I would expect a lot of fair catches from them on Saturday. This aspect was a big reason for their issues against Weber State.

The ugly: Their offense. Not the worse we'll see this year, but everything relies on the gutty performances of Will McElvain. He's not a too terrible passer, but gets his yardage after scrambling like Fran Tarkenton. He doesn't have great speed, but has excellent quickness. How he matches up with NDSU's front four will be interesting. In the last game I watched (Idaho State), I noticed a slight nuance of his that might be able to help the Bison defense guess if the play is a pass or run. While in shot-gun formation, if McElvain took a long look at his sideline, the play most likely was a pass. If he stared straight ahead at the lineman, the play usually was a run.

Like the Redbirds from last week, the Panthers have monstrous linemen. However, this didn't translate well into a good run game or pass protection for them in all three games. As mentioned above, this will be interesting with the Bison front four.

I see this game as brawl because it always is due to the two programs history with each other. Conservatively, I say the Bison should win by at least 15. If the Bison can break the Panther's will, this game could be a similar result to last week's game against the Redbirds.

heffray
10-11-2019, 01:30 PM
Here's my assessment of UNI after watching their last three games (yes, in reverse order) against Youngstown State, Weber State and Idaho State:

The good: Their defense. Although not great, they are very disciplined against the run, especially with gap assignment. I didn't see them as a team that stacked the box a lot, but when it came to tackling the ball carrier, they attacked like a pack of dogs after a three-legged cat. They can give up big runs when they lacked focus, but when they're on, like they were against YSU compared to the other two teams, they are stingy on the ground.

The pass defense isn't nearly as good as their run defense as they gave up big throws in all three games, but they do have talenedt DBs that will battle with the Bison WRs.

The bad (somewhat): Their special teams. They have a good FG kicker and decent punter, but their kick return game isn't very good and probably why I would expect a lot of fair catches from them on Saturday. This aspect was a big reason for their issues against Weber State.

The ugly: Their offense. Not the worse we'll see this year, but everything relies on the gutty performances of Will McElvain. He's not a too terrible passer, but gets his yardage after scrambling like Fran Tarkenton. He doesn't have great speed, but has excellent quickness. How he matches up with NDSU's front four will be interesting. In the last game I watched (Idaho State), I noticed a slight nuance of his that might be able to help the Bison defense guess if the play is a pass or run. While in shot-gun formation, if McElvain took a long look at his sideline, the play most likely was a pass. If he stared straight ahead at the lineman, the play usually was a run.

Like the Redbirds from last week, the Panthers have monstrous linemen. However, this didn't translate well into a good run game or pass protection for them in all three games. As mentioned above, this will be interesting with the Bison front four.

I see this game as brawl because it always is due to the two programs history with each other. Conservatively, I say the Bison should win by at least 15. If the Bison can break the Panther's will, this game could be a similar result to last week's game against the Redbirds.

Love the assessment, CM!

Mr Meaty
10-11-2019, 01:35 PM
No travel out of Jamestown area and not looking good all day. Hope plows are able to get out Saturday morning.

HuskerBizon
10-11-2019, 02:02 PM
No travel out of Jamestown area and not looking good all day. Hope plows are able to get out Saturday morning.

I figured you would have come down last night

Mr Meaty
10-11-2019, 02:57 PM
I figured you would have come down last night

Have a dog to deal with and could not take her til today. Since they could not get into town today now I have to figure out what to do.

gumby013
10-11-2019, 03:05 PM
It's flight stalking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8612/history/20191011/1600Z/KALO/KFAR

CAS4127
10-11-2019, 03:17 PM

Was just gonna ask if travel was going to be a problem for UNI.

Burrows
10-11-2019, 03:20 PM

Be nice if they would move game, even a few hours would make a difference. Any idea percentage of season ticket holders outside of Fargo?

Burrows
10-11-2019, 03:21 PM

Figured they would bus. Always fly for league games?

MNLonghorn10
10-11-2019, 03:22 PM
94 closed from Bismarck to Fargo now.. and im guessing with a foot plus of snow+50 mph winds... that isn't opening up until tomorrow night at the earliest

scottietohottie
10-11-2019, 03:33 PM
Im so glad im in Fargo. Not even a line at the ferris wheel

MrSnuffleupagus
10-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Someone posted online that they saw a charter jet from Trenton New Jersey just land in Fargo....Carson?

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2019, 03:44 PM
Figured they would bus. Always fly for league games?

That's a 7 hr bus ride, at least. I doubt they bus anywhere. Maybe Western since you have to go the Quad Cities anyway.

MNLonghorn10
10-11-2019, 04:01 PM
Someone posted online that they saw a charter jet from Trenton New Jersey just land in Fargo....Carson?Hopefully. Im totally sure philly let their starting qb skip a day of practice and film before travelling so he can attend homecoming.

Bisonator98
10-11-2019, 04:05 PM
Someone posted online that they saw a charter jet from Trenton New Jersey just land in Fargo....Carson?

Probably media doing another story on Carson in Fargo?

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2019, 04:08 PM
Maybe his brother or wife with Cole Davis coming to the game a day early, far more likely.

No_Skill
10-11-2019, 06:51 PM
Be nice if they would move game, even a few hours would make a difference. Any idea percentage of season ticket holders outside of Fargo?

Don't know any solid numbers, but we regularly pass multiple NDSU fans on our way from Bismarck.

This week is a no go for us. Have to sell our 4 tickets plus 4 for the Viks v Eagles game on Sunday. Football weekend shot to hell. Oh well.

scottietohottie
10-11-2019, 07:22 PM
This is going to be like the first fcs playoff game in the dome. Half empty but a blast.

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2019, 07:26 PM
Just can't wait to see how the crowd size is either going to prove or disprove to Lakes about how much the west actually matters.

stevdock
10-11-2019, 07:35 PM

How many teams in the Big Ten actually have to do those three in a row? The closest I could find was Michigan St going to Ohio St and Wisconsin and then home for Penn State. That's a rough schedule for anybody. But most Big 10 schools don't have to do that.

I look at the Gophers schedule and do believe we would probably go 9-3. 7-5 I believe would be the worst we would do against that schedule with a chance of going 10-2.

tjbison
10-11-2019, 08:50 PM
Hopefully. Im totally sure philly let their starting qb skip a day of practice and film before travelling so he can attend homecoming.

Lol...yeah anyone that thinks Carson is here is a total moron

Burrows
10-11-2019, 09:10 PM
Don't know any solid numbers, but we regularly pass multiple NDSU fans on our way from Bismarck.

This week is a no go for us. Have to sell our 4 tickets plus 4 for the Viks v Eagles game on Sunday. Football weekend shot to hell. Oh well.

Having trouble selling on stubhub, obviously asking to much

56BISON73
10-11-2019, 09:12 PM
Im so glad im in Fargo. Not even a line at the ferris wheel

Are you tall enough to ride it? :D

scottietohottie
10-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Are you tall enough to ride it? :D

They go on actual height and not mental capacity so I was good.

Bisman
10-11-2019, 09:55 PM
On Ross Uglem's Bison Radio Preview he mentioned that UNI Wide Receiver Jalen Rima has entered the transfer portal and that Jalen and Coach Entz follow each other.

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/NDSU-Football-Northern-Iowa-Podcast-North-Dakota-State-Podcast-Ross-Uglem-136789313/

Bison 4 Life
10-11-2019, 10:04 PM
On Ross Uglem's Bison Radio Preview he mentioned that UNI Wide Receiver Jalen Rima has entered the transfer portal and that Jalen and Coach Entz follow each other.

https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/NDSU-Football-Northern-Iowa-Podcast-North-Dakota-State-Podcast-Ross-Uglem-136789313/

I don't think he's a graduate transfer, I think he can only go up if he still wants to play next year.

23Bison
10-11-2019, 10:23 PM
I don't think he's a graduate transfer, I think he can only go up if he still wants to play next year.
This is correct

TAILG8R
10-11-2019, 10:30 PM

Was this the same WR from UNI that Jeff and Jeff talked about a couple day ago saying it looked like he was going to redshirt this year and then transfer for next year but he apparently just informed UNI he would still redshirt this year but come back to the Panthers next year?

CAS4127
10-11-2019, 10:33 PM
Was this the same WR from UNI that Jeff and Jeff talked about a couple day ago saying it looked like he was going to redshirt this year and then transfer for next year but he apparently just informed UNI he would still redshirt this year but come back to the Panthers next year?

This post confuses me for some reason ... this year ... next year ... whenever year ....

Bisman
10-11-2019, 10:43 PM

Coach Farley at his press conference today just mentioned @QuickSix_87 Jalen Rima is Red Shirting and going into the transfer portal. He will have one year of eligibility left.

heffray
10-11-2019, 10:47 PM
Coach Farley at his press conference today just mentioned @QuickSix_87 Jalen Rima is Red Shirting and going into the transfer portal. He will have one year of eligibility left.

Saw that it was already posted...

CaBisonFan
10-11-2019, 11:11 PM
A facebook rumor says the game has been moved to Sunday. Have you guys heard anything official?

89MTBISON
10-11-2019, 11:18 PM
A facebook rumor says the game has been moved to Sunday. Have you guys heard anything official?

That's like a 30 hour tailgate.

bri-dog
10-11-2019, 11:21 PM

Team Makers just posted on fb 20 minutes ago, inviting everyone to their heated tents...

A1pigskin
10-11-2019, 11:28 PM

That's a lot of beer to drink.

TAILG8R
10-11-2019, 11:31 PM
This post confuses me for some reason ... this year ... next year ... whenever year ....

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkLol sorry. Earlier in the week I heard about a UNI WR redshirting this year and then transferring. Then later in the week on 1660 the "confirmed" said WR was indeed redshirting but not transferring. And now Farley says he will transfer.

It's just like when my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
10-11-2019, 11:32 PM

Would that be a record?

GreenfieldBison
10-11-2019, 11:33 PM
Lol sorry. Earlier in the week I heard about a UNI WR redshirt ING this year and then transferring. Then later in the week on 1660 the "confirmed" said WR was indeed redshirt ING but not transferring. And now Farley says he will transfer.

It's just like when my best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who’s going with a girl who saw Ferris pass-out at 31 Flavors last night.

What from?

Christopher Moen
10-11-2019, 11:34 PM

That's going to be a lot of yellow snow.

TAILG8R
10-11-2019, 11:35 PM
What from?I don't know but I guess it's pretty serious.

TAILG8R
10-11-2019, 11:38 PM
On another note we just decided that we are not going to set up our tent tomorrow and will do some I door table gating instead.

Last time we had our big tent up in high winds it took two vehicles and a trailer to keep it in place. Not fun standing in a 20x20 heavy commercial tent while it sways in random directions like a wacky inflatable tube man.

scottietohottie
10-11-2019, 11:46 PM
On another note we just decided that we are not going to set up our tent to orrow and will do some I door table gating instead.

Last ti e we had our big tent up in high winds it took two vehicles and a trailer to keep it in place. Not fun standing in a 20x20 heavy commercial tent while it sways in random directions like a wacky inflatable tube man.

The wind blow the m's away?

TAILG8R
10-11-2019, 11:53 PM
The wind blow the m's away?Damn phone and my lack of desire to proofread all my posts!!

MinotBison
10-12-2019, 12:52 AM
What's the weather like in Fargo right now? Up here, its actually rather nice at the moment.

89MTBISON
10-12-2019, 01:07 AM
What's the weather like in Fargo right now? Up here, its actually rather nice at the moment.

We've got 10 inches down here in south Fargo....couldn't help myself.

scottietohottie
10-12-2019, 01:29 AM

Head down 83 to i90 and then come up from the south on i29. Should be smooth sailing. Hopefully im not doing this in reverse order on Sunday. Wife has this job thing she's all worried about Monday.

MNLonghorn10
10-12-2019, 01:42 AM

currently in a blizzard warning, but there isnt snow falling so I hear random gusts of wind. right now but most roads are covered with blow ice but that should melt tomorrow. Moorhead probably saw 2-4 inches, I can still see the dirt that is my yard. not sure what Fargo/west fargo saw for accumulation, probably a little more.

tjamz
10-12-2019, 02:22 AM
Would that be a record?

Not if you count the epic journey that the Frisco Cruiser took to Frisco as one continuous tailgate experience.

westnodak93bison
10-12-2019, 03:12 AM
Wont be able to make it unless I fire up the snow machine or drive south of Bismarck and loop around to Fargo. Could I call and have my tickets printed out for others to pickup to attend the game?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison03
10-12-2019, 03:37 AM
Snow has not really covered the pavement. Maybe less then an inch of slushy stuff. Winds should die down a little by morning

Burrows
10-12-2019, 04:07 AM
Wont be able to make it unless I fire up the snow machine or drive south of Bismarck and loop around to Fargo. Could I call and have my tickets printed out for others to pickup to attend the game?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They have a transfer option in your account online

Bison Chief
10-12-2019, 04:39 AM
I don't know but I guess it's pretty serious.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using TapatalkJesus Christ, man! There's just some things you don't talk about in public!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
10-12-2019, 04:53 AM

What the dorks never take into account is if we were playing fbs teams on that basis, we would be fbs and have the extra schollies.

56BISON73
10-12-2019, 05:30 AM
What the dorks never take into account is if we were playing fbs teams on that basis, we would be fbs and have the extra schollies.

Yep. For some reason that fact is always lost on them.

bruinbison
10-12-2019, 11:51 AM
Things I’ll be watching today include:

- As always, can the Northern Iowa offense keep the NDSU offense off the field?

- Battle of freshman QB’s, everyone knows how wildly efficient Trey Lance is, but look at Mr McElvain! He checks in with a TD/Int ratio of 8/1 on the season - very impressive! Panthers aren’t very good at running the ball - leading rusher Trevor Allen checks in with only 3.8 ypc (70 carries 268 yards), so passing game needs to strike. Can the Panthers hit on some big plays with WR’s Isaiah Weston (21.2 ypc), Jaylin James (16.0 ypc) and Deion McShane (Deion’s brother Steve McShane was very good at Western Illinois)?

UNI is short TE’s due to injuries so what formations do the Panthers work with?

- What does Farley do to help 5’ 11” McElvain against the Bison pass rush? Move the pocket? Roll-outs with pass/run options? FB/TE chips on the DE’s? Designed QB runs?

-Can LT Penning (6’ 7”) and RT Brown (6’ 8”) move their feet fast enough to deal with this pass rush? Panther O-Line is huge, but can they protect Will McElvain?

- 6’ 5” DE Elerson Smith leads FCS with 7.5 sacks. Does he get pressure on QB Trey Lance?

- CB Xavior Williams - does UNI have their own version of Marcus Williams Island, leaving safeties free to defend the run?

- Was UNI’s triple OT loss to Iowa State their best game, or did they save something for the Bison?

El_Chapo
10-12-2019, 01:12 PM
now I'm worried about crowd noise... or lack thereof.... start drinking!!!

El_Chapo
10-12-2019, 07:19 PM
Grimsley confirms in interview.

"Northern Iowa was easily our biggest rivalry, I know some say SDSU, but we always have a fight with UNI and that's why I picked this game to come back to!"