PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Football 2018 Season Highlight

Christopher Moen
10-01-2019, 08:17 PM
Later than previous Highlight Videos, but enjoy and share this (plus, it's free):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBcJpnfnCXo

HerdBot
10-01-2019, 09:07 PM
Later than previous Highlight Videos, but enjoy and share this (plus, it's free):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBcJpnfnCXo

Good video. Should sell it on Amazon instead of giving it away for free or using the dinosaur DVD model.

Bison03
10-01-2019, 09:21 PM
I would still love to have this on bluray

Professor Chaos
10-01-2019, 10:08 PM
Good video. Should sell it on Amazon instead of giving it away for free or using the dinosaur DVD model.
I think that ship sailed when it wasn't put out until 10/1/2019.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to watching it at some point down the road to remember what a great year 2018 was for Bison football.

I'd love to see a retrospective on that Iowa win... that was one of the biggest pieces of collateral damage that not winning the title in 2016 wrought. All the other great FBS wins... Minnesota in '11, K-State in '13, Iowa St in '14 are featured in a season retrospective and Iowa was the biggest win of them all.

marenlee
10-01-2019, 11:29 PM
Any reason why they didn't release a DVD/Blu-Ray this year? I managed to buy one every year except the 2017. Anyone have any extras they're willing to sell me?

HerdBot
10-01-2019, 11:46 PM
I think that ship sailed when it wasn't put out until 10/1/2019.

Regardless, I'm looking forward to watching it at some point down the road to remember what a great year 2018 was for Bison football.

I'd love to see a retrospective on that Iowa win... that was one of the biggest pieces of collateral damage that not winning the title in 2016 wrought. All the other great FBS wins... Minnesota in '11, K-State in '13, Iowa St in '14 are featured in a season retrospective and Iowa was the biggest win of them all.

I think what we're done is worth an ESPN 30 for 30

HandoEX
10-02-2019, 01:02 AM
Woulda preferred if the audio was LT instead of Culhane.

But in all seriousness, what a fantastic recap vid!!!

EC8CH
10-02-2019, 01:39 AM
Forgot how close so many conference games were that season.

TAILG8R
10-02-2019, 02:40 AM
Forgot how close so many conference games were that season.This actually made me feel a bit better about this season. Or maybe worse, lol. Really thought it helped me remember that even our best teams had close games and last years undefeated team had some close ones too. Point being I've been worried that we may only beat teams by small margins in conference play and what that means for the playoffs. In some weird way watching this video calmed that fear a bit.

Now we just have to win. :)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

THEsocalledfan
10-02-2019, 12:56 PM
I thought it was great Coach Kleiman and Mess participated. They were clearly in Manhattan when this was taped.

Professor Chaos
10-02-2019, 01:34 PM

This actually made me feel a bit better about this season. Or maybe worse, lol. Really thought it helped me remember that even our best teams had close games and last years undefeated team had some close ones too. Point being I've been worried that we may only beat teams by small margins in conference play and what that means for the playoffs. In some weird way watching this video calmed that fear a bit.

It seems to happen every year where one or a lot more than one person says something along the lines of "This team just doesn't have the same look as past championship teams". It seems like once a team wins the title we as fans forget their warts. They all had them... even the 2013 and 2018 teams but whatever this year's team has for warts are the ones we seem to recognize/remember.

THEsocalledfan
10-02-2019, 01:43 PM
It seems to happen every year where one or a lot more than one person says something along the lines of "This team just doesn't have the same look as past championship teams". It seems like once a team wins the title we as fans forget their warts. They all had them... even the 2013 and 2018 teams but whatever this year's team has for warts are the ones we seem to recognize/remember.

I'd pay money to watch 2013 vs 2018. My money would be on 13.

NovaBison
10-02-2019, 01:44 PM
Can't help but think having this video up on Youtube will definitely help with recruiting... not saying it will get 1M views, but if an athlete is interested in NDSU, these season highlights might get them excited to learn more.

Professor Chaos
10-02-2019, 01:54 PM
Would be a fun matchup that's for sure. I posted a statistical breakdown of each this summer: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?40019-2013-vs-2018

In short the 2018 offense was better but the 2013 defense was better (and 2013 probably had a special teams edge as well). There would be a metric ton of Bison HoFers on that theoretical field that's for sure.

GreenfieldBison
10-02-2019, 02:13 PM

The "recency effect" colors our recollection with the way they blew everyones doors off through the playoffs.

Professor Chaos
10-02-2019, 02:28 PM
Another thing on this that I think would be fun is if Wentz does his charity softball game again in Fargo in a future summer 2-3 years from now that they have players from the 2013 era team vs players from the 2018 era team (wouldn't hurt to sprinkle in a few older guys too on each team). See which team has to take their first L and see who gets the D1 supremacy bragging rights. :D

EC8CH
10-02-2019, 02:30 PM
This actually made me feel a bit better about this season. Or maybe worse, lol. Really thought it helped me remember that even our best teams had close games and last years undefeated team had some close ones too. Point being I've been worried that we may only beat teams by small margins in conference play and what that means for the playoffs. In some weird way watching this video calmed that fear a bit.

Exactly what I was thinking. Even years of domination in the win loss record have had their challenges. Key has always been to grow throughout the season and hit the playoffs like a juggernaut. This year is going to be a fun ride to see how it all shakes out unless you are someone who expects blowouts every game to be satisfied.

Bison 4 Life
10-02-2019, 03:39 PM
Man, that was really good. I didn't really plant to sit and watch an hour long youtube video this morning but I started it and couldn't stop.

StL Bison Fan
10-02-2019, 04:00 PM

Long sustained-run the clock drives vs see Bruce run/throw to shep would be fun

wagsabison
10-02-2019, 05:26 PM
Another thing on this that I think would be fun is if Wentz does his charity softball game again in Fargo in a future summer 2-3 years from now that they have players from the 2013 era team vs players from the 2018 era team (wouldn't hurt to sprinkle in a few older guys too on each team). See which team has to take their first L and see who gets the D1 supremacy bragging rights. :D

I like that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk