PDA

View Full Version : Media Day

Bisonguy
08-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Today is media day for Bison football, so watch the news if you're fortunate enough to still live in the FM viewing area. The out-of-region folks can check out what Coach Bohl has to say via the WDAY internet broadcast -http://www.wday.com/ (no sports on the 5:00 broadcast)

Bisonguy
08-09-2005, 03:44 AM
Sounds like a top 10 finish is a team goal for the year.

Now- Just Win, Baby!

MinotBison
08-09-2005, 04:52 AM
Sounds like a top 10 finish is a team goal for the year.

Now- Just Win, Baby!

A very attainable goal, I would think. ;D

Herd_Mentality
08-09-2005, 02:13 PM
This media day picture made me so happy I almost cried.

http://www.in-forum.com/gfx/photos/full/bisonpaint.jpg

Big_BisonFan
08-09-2005, 03:54 PM
That is awesome.

tony
08-09-2005, 04:04 PM
Hehehe, that is great!

Now what will we complain about?

roadwarrior
08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
You would think that with media day, the media might get something correct. Our famous local newspaper has the 2005 Bison football schedule with 9 games. They are missing the last two. Good thing most of us on this board have the schedule memorized by now. You would think that at least Kolpack could COPY it correctly into the paper.

coloradobison
08-09-2005, 11:57 PM
you are assuming Kolpack can see his keyboard and mouse from his chair in order to pull that off!

Tatanka
08-10-2005, 01:50 AM
This media day picture made me so happy I almost cried.

Tatanka was wiping tears as well. Awesome!!!

sambini
08-10-2005, 03:57 AM
Its a great time of year.

coloradobison
08-10-2005, 02:22 PM
I see the Ad at the top of the sports page of in-forum is for sioux football tickets. I guess they paid more?? Makes me sick early in the morning to see that.

mikelsch
08-10-2005, 03:03 PM
The main in-forum page has the banner for NDSU tickets.

roadwarrior
08-10-2005, 03:23 PM
The ads change frequently on the in-forum site.

Bisonguy
08-10-2005, 10:36 PM
I see the Ad at the top of the sports page of in-forum is for sioux football tickets. I guess they paid more?? *Makes me sick early in the morning to see that.

Don't worry. Just find humor in the fact that the only UND football tickets on the ticketmaster.com site (as per the banner ad) are for the game AT Minnesota-Duluth. :P

coloradobison
08-10-2005, 11:11 PM
;D

Bisonguy
08-11-2005, 01:05 AM
Looks like some of the TV clips from the monday and tuesday WDAY sports are up on the Bisonzone.com site. ;D

kchats
08-11-2005, 04:08 AM
I emailed them and asked where they were and they said they would be up this afternoon. It looks like they did what they told me. I like being able to watch them without having to find them.

Bisonguy
08-12-2005, 01:33 AM
WDAY is doing a pretty good job covering NDSU, so far.

There was a feature on Rodney Thompson tonight. He's up to 305lbs. (weight game is supposedly all muscle), and said he learned a lot from Snell and Summerville last year that he's going to put to good use this season.

I kinda feel sorry for the opponent's O line :'( (well, not really)

Bisonguy
08-13-2005, 04:33 AM
Snippets from the WDAY 10:00 news:

Shamen Washington is back in practice. Whatever issue there was has been resolved.

Kole Heckendorf is making a big push for the #3 WR spot

Nick Schommer is currently leading the battle for the starting FS spot.

Gamehunter
08-13-2005, 06:02 PM

There was a feature on Rodney Thompson tonight. He's up to 305lbs. (weight game is supposedly all muscle), and said he learned a lot from Snell and Summerville last year that he's going to put to good use this season.

Gobison.com lists him at 307 already???

Snippets from the WDAY 10:00 news:

Shamen Washington is back in practice. Whatever issue there was has been resolved.

Kole Heckendorf is making a big push for the #3 WR spot

Nick Schommer is currently leading the battle for the starting FS spot.

Good to hear Washington is already back.
Sounds like the recieving corps is off to a good start ;D

Bisonguy
08-14-2005, 06:04 AM
From the WDAY 10:00 news tonight:

Bison held their first scrimmage tonight. Here's the notes (WDAY's take, at least):

Apparently, Steffes and Moore, yes, the same guy that had the outstanding Spring Game, put on a rushing clinic.

Walker looked like he left off where he was at the end of last season (i.e. doing very well).

I'm glad to see that the rushing game is supposedly doing well. Hopefully that means the OL won't be an issue at all.

Bisonguy
08-14-2005, 06:11 AM
Couple of articles in the sunday edition of The Forum:

Medal ready for center spot (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=100373&section=Sports)

Misc. stuff from above article:

Bison running back Shamen Washington was back at practice Friday after a brief suspension for an undisclosed disciplinary matter. … Freshmen Nick Mertens and Mitch Brecke are in a tight battle for the No. 3 quarterback spot. Whoever gets it will travel to road games for emergency use only. “We’ll try to keep the redshirt on him,” Bohl said. …. Other than a handful of players out with slight pulls and strains, NDSU had no significant injuries after one week of practice.

Second article- Bison aim to avoid sophomore letdown
(http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=100374&section=Sports)

DIBISON
08-14-2005, 06:18 AM
Its good to see that Medal from Grand Forks will be rewarded for all of his hard work!!!!!!!!

Especially as a senior.

Gamehunter
08-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Its good to see that Medal from Grand Forks will be rewarded for all of his hard work!!!!!!!!

Especially as a senior.

no garrantees, only the best man plays. It looks like Medal is ready to step up and take that position.

wfduck
08-15-2005, 11:33 AM
no garrantees, only the best man plays. *It looks like Medal is ready to step up and take that position.

If Medal is the best player, then play him. I don't care if Harrington is a true freshmen, let alone a redshrit freshman. If he is better then Hugh, he should get the job.

Bison_Dan
08-15-2005, 04:04 PM
I'm glad the Shamen Washington is back. He adds another dimension to the Bison game. ;D ;D

coloradobison
08-16-2005, 01:27 AM
I liked what they did with Shamen when he was split out getting him on end arounds and stuff. But everytime he was in in that formation, they ran it. They need to run some pass plays with him split out in the slot so its not apparent what is coming.

kchats
08-16-2005, 03:54 AM
Bison Zone has added a few more TV Clips on the Bison scrimmage and on Rodney Thompson. The other thing that has me more excited is that they have a 300 kbps stream now available. I have already sent them a message requesting that they broadcast the televised games on the Bison Zone because at that speed it is pretty watchable at full screen. I know Yahoo! Music Launch is broadcasting at 700 kbps and that is almost as clear as a cable TV broadcast. I actually even game them a shameless plug to broadcast televised games for all Bison games via the internet. I can almost guarantee you that if the only place you could watch all Bison games was on the Bison Zone internet feed they would have a bunch of people buying. E-mail them on the area at the bottom of the Bison Zone page where they ask for questions and comments and push for televising the games on the internet.

;D

Bisonguy
08-16-2005, 04:38 AM
Nice feature on Joe Mays and his new role on defense on the 10:00 WDAY sports tonight.

Bison_Dan
08-16-2005, 01:09 PM
Nice feature on Joe Mays and his new role on defense on the 10:00 WDAY sports tonight.

I missed it - anything interesting?

IowaBison
08-16-2005, 02:10 PM
I missed it - anything interesting?

1. Joe's gonna continue to be a hitter

2. Joe's gonna be more well rounded (ie be where he's supposed to be)

Joe's a dad!

Bisonguy
08-16-2005, 02:45 PM
Joe's a dad!

??? ??? ??? I must have missed that part.

IL_Bison
08-16-2005, 06:55 PM
on Today at 8:10am, NorthDakotaBison wrote:

Joe's a dad!

I must have missed that part.

The audio was kind of bad during that part, but it said he was distracted by not being with his child who was living in suburban Chicago.

Big_BisonFan
08-16-2005, 08:43 PM

I am guessing we will see alot of this, this upcoming seaon.

http://www.gobison.com//pics25/640/GG/GGAOORGKCMTAGTN.20050129181727.jpg

Green-N-Gold
08-16-2005, 09:32 PM
Bring it baby!!!

kchats
08-17-2005, 02:21 AM
What is the word on Cinque Chapman? They have commented on Mark Moore and Kyle Steffes but not Chapman. Is he having a good camp? Is Moore challenging for playing time?

Bisonguy
08-17-2005, 03:04 AM
*Is Moore challenging for playing time?

That's what it sounds like from the media. I haven't heard much about Chapman, either. Guess we'll find out on Sept. 1st for certain.

kchats
08-17-2005, 03:10 AM
Has Chapman redshirted?

Bisonguy
08-17-2005, 03:15 AM
Has Chapman redshirted?
yes, in 2003.

Gamehunter
08-17-2005, 04:44 AM
Wow, talk about depth at RB :o
We all knew it before, but if Moore is actually challenging Chapman for the 2nd spot I find that very impressive after witnessing what the #2 RB accomplished last season.

mikelsch
08-17-2005, 04:45 PM
http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=100526§ion=Sports

Nice article on Richard Bowman - freshman cornerback - from Houston. Sounds like he, and Nate Agbetola, are serious candidates to play as true freshmen.

David Earl is also pushing for playing time at CB with Scott Walter and Bobby Babich. Symeon Cabell has been moved back to offense (originally a RB) from CB.

WYOBISONMAN
08-17-2005, 04:50 PM
Yes....the Herd is looking pretty deep. All the scholies are starting to pay off!

Bisonguy
08-18-2005, 02:57 AM
From the WDAY 6:00 sports-

Bizal and Brower are in a heated battle for one of the starting OLB spots. Most question marks for starting spots should be removed after the scrimmage this saturday.

Bisonguy
08-18-2005, 04:38 AM
More roster tidbits straight from Steve Hallstrom's mouth on the WDAY 10:00 sports:

Well, the starting fullback's first name sure ain't Tyler. Andy DelaBarre will be the starting fullback. Looks like the FB might have a few passes thrown his way this year.

Medal and Harrington are in a dead heat for the starting center spot. Harrington has been closing the gap that Medal had on him early on.

Bowman and Ogbetola will have a good chance to show their stuff in the scrimmage on saturday.

Green-N-Gold
08-18-2005, 03:00 PM
AJ at TE then?

Bisonguy
08-20-2005, 12:28 AM
AJ at TE then?

That's what I expected after the Spring Game.

Gus was on the WDAY 6:00 sports tonight. Looks like the scrimmage tomorrow will showcase a lot of the defensive backups fighting for spots in the rotation.

Bisonguy
08-20-2005, 04:35 AM
First official scrimmage is tomorrow at 9:20 AM, and is open to the public. Obviously, it's at the practice field. If you go to the Fargodome, you'll be watching the circus instead of Bison football (seriously).

Notes from Steve Hallstrom straight from Coach Bohl:

Center is still a battle for the starting position

Joe Mays is still impressing the coaches. He had two picks in practice today.

Something else, but I forgot:-/ - watch the wday.com if you want to know

SDbison
08-20-2005, 08:53 PM
I used to have no problem viewing the archived news programs on wday.com but for both the 6:00 and 10:00 segment last night I have only been able to view the commercial. There is no content that follows. Anybody else having the same problem?
Also, time to remind the slackers at BisonZone to add some more TV clips. I won't pay a dime for their service until they demonstrate a consistent effort to update and improve things.
Note to Gene Taylor.......for the out of state fans who are probably the biggest fan growth opportunity......get free internet broadcasts. Pay the BisonZone folks some fair amount annually to provide a free service to alumni and fans outside the Fargo viewing area to help push Bison Athletics. This investment would more than pay for itself. Since NDSU doesn't have any exclusive television contracts yet this is the least that should be done.

Bisonguy
08-21-2005, 04:38 AM
Guess this is turning into the "Bison in the media" thread-

Notes from tonight's WDAY 10:00 news-

Chapman has a 1st degree MCL sprain, suffered from the scrimmage today. He should be out from two days to a week.

Bowman will be talked to about having his redshirt lifted tomorrow with the coaching staff

Depth chart shuffle- at least one starter will be new (Harrington?), more info on monday.

Bisonguy
08-23-2005, 12:48 AM
Continuing the "Bison in the news" trend-

From the WDAY 6:00 news-
Mike Maresh has is the new starting strong-side linebacker.

Ryan Olson has been moved from the #3 CB to the backup strong safety.

Bowman will be the backup CB to Scott Walter.

Walker is reportedly vastly improved in practice, especially over the last ten days. Hopefully he's saving plenty of mojo for gameday.

Feature on the RB tandem on the 10:00 edition of WDAY sports, so maybe all's well with Chapman.

Bisonguy
08-23-2005, 05:03 AM
per the Scott Miller feature on the WDAY 10:(30) sports-

Kyle Steffes has taken .10 off his 40 time.

Cinque spent a lot of time in the weight room, put on over 10lbs, and supposedly picked up some quickness.

If the O line can move some bodies, this duo is gonna get some yards....

Gamehunter
08-23-2005, 06:04 AM
thx for the update

RedRiver
08-24-2005, 02:21 PM
Media related - - The Forum has a huge NDSU insert in today's issue. It must by 2' by 3', double sided and colored. The main theme is DI Athletics. It includes all of the schedules including basketball and lots of pictures. I defintely see this as a wall hanger!

Bisonguy
08-25-2005, 04:57 AM
Media related - - The Forum has a huge NDSU insert in today's issue. *It must by 2' by 3', double sided and colored. *The main theme is DI Athletics. *It includes all of the schedules including basketball and lots of pictures. *I defintely see this as a wall hanger!

Thanks for the info- I picked up a copy of The Forum, as I only subscribe to the weekends.

Bisonguy
08-26-2005, 04:31 AM
Update from WDAY-

Bohl says the first team defense is suprising

Bowman will be the #3 corner, and will be playing in those change type of defensive formations

Jackson and Majeski are the contenders for the #3 WR spot.

Perles was interviewed and stated the youngesters are stepping up and being leaders.

Bisonguy
08-28-2005, 04:34 AM
Notes from WDAY:

Chapman is doubtful for the first game

Humber may have his redshirt lifted- decision will be made monday

Captains have been made:
offense- Popowski and Walker
defense- Zimmerman, Robinson, and Dahl

Bisonguy
08-30-2005, 05:37 AM
From the press conference on Bisonzone.com, it sounds like NDSU has a good longsnapper. ;D

New Pre-The Forum articles up on Bisonzone-

Steffes champing at the bit (http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=101611)(Kolpack-thanks for increasing my vocabulary-didn't realize 'champ' is another term for 'chomp', but after consulting the dictionary, now I know)

Injuries hit hard before ’05 opener (http://www.bisonzone.com/index.cfm?page=article_full&id=101612)