PDA

View Full Version : FRom thr Gopher Hole on your nrxt game

GSUsTALON
09-06-2019, 05:01 AM
www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?89477-Shama-Gophers-Bison-in-Box-Office-Matchup

Bison"FANatic"
09-06-2019, 09:40 AM
I will bet announced attendance at 34544 for the Bison and let's see how about 49112 for the Gophers

HerdistheWord
09-06-2019, 11:54 AM
Some of those guys have a lot of salt, but I suppose that’s what happens when you root for an irrelevant football team that hasn’t even won its conference since 1967. Most people in the Twin Cities joke about the gophers more than praise them when it comes to football. I’m fairly confident in calling Trey a large miss for the gophers, not just for his Butler performance, but also because he had a pretty good recruit ranking in high school. He wasn’t some nobody and the U should not have overlooked him.

El_Chapo
09-06-2019, 12:33 PM
20 idiot gopher message boarders don't represent u of Minnesota. i met lots that like NDSU

JMB
09-06-2019, 01:58 PM
Some of those guys have a lot of salt, but I suppose that’s what happens when you root for an irrelevant football team that hasn’t even won its conference since 1967. Most people in the Twin Cities joke about the gophers more than praise them when it comes to football. I’m fairly confident in calling Trey a large miss for the gophers, not just for his Butler performance, but also because he had a pretty good recruit ranking in high school. He wasn’t some nobody and the U should not have overlooked him.

A lot of the scorn of Gopherhole is due to the fact there are a couple of NDSU fans who have taken up residence. It would be like a Moorhead state poster camping on our board.

As for Trey, I think he was on the radar but not as QB. I remember Ryan Burns discussing Trey while on with Paul Allen when he was being recruited. They thought he was a great athlete but not Big 10 level QB. I hope he proves them wrong.

ndsubison1
09-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Hope the Gophs can beat Fresno after their showing last week

bisonp
09-06-2019, 02:14 PM
A lot of the scorn of Gopherhole is due to the fact there are a couple of NDSU fans who have taken up residence. It would be like a Moorhead state poster camping on our board.

As for Trey, I think he was on the radar but not as QB. I remember Ryan Burns discussing Trey while on with Paul Allen when he was being recruited. They thought he was a great athlete but not Big 10 level QB. I hope he proves them wrong.

He already has. Who was the last Gophers QB who could make the throws Trey made last week?

And last time MSUM played NDSU they lost by 80 points. Not quite the same thing as NDSU vs Gophers. NDSU is an objectively better program than Minnesota and they proved it on the field.

El_Chapo
09-06-2019, 02:28 PM

DRAGONSFAN? they are 1-0!

23Bison
09-06-2019, 02:56 PM
This is gross.

ndsubison1
09-06-2019, 02:58 PM
He already has. Who was the last Gophers QB who could make the throws Trey made last week?

And last time MSUM played NDSU they lost by 80 points. Not quite the same thing as NDSU vs Gophers. NDSU is an objectively better program than Minnesota and they proved it on the field.

Tony Dungy?

NDSUstudent
09-06-2019, 04:40 PM

I think a lot of it is because we have a better and more respected program and it drives them nuts. We do have annoying fans there but it is their own fans starting threads about NDSU and keeping them fed.

JMB
09-06-2019, 04:51 PM

I hope the Gophers do just well enough to keep Fleck around. He is entertaining as hell..

GSUsTALON
09-07-2019, 12:34 AM

I hope so too, after the beat down GSU took at the hands of LSU we need the Gophers to win this game if GSU is to move up in the polls.

If you want to a team to beat the Gophers than make it the Georgia Southern a G5 program! ;-)

1st&TennBison
09-07-2019, 01:13 AM
That whole program is garbage. And the funny thing is that all their fans know it. A population of 3,3 million and all they can get to a home game is just around 40k while a out of state school comes in and plants 35k in the seats.

GSUsTALON
09-07-2019, 05:59 AM
That whole program is garbage. And the funny thing is that all their fans know it. A population of 3,3 million and all they can get to a home game is just around 40k while a out of state school comes in and plants 35k in the seats.

Some cross over SDSU- Gopher fan is making me a bastard for posting on this board.

BisonTeacher
09-07-2019, 12:34 PM
20 idiot gopher message boarders don't represent u of Minnesota. i met lots that like NDSU

this is true, but there are more than 20. As a member of the gopher fanbase as well as NDSU, there are quite a few who like to remind us that FCS is not MAJOR college football. But those are the same ones who think the gophers are going to the rosebowl every year and have no foothold on reality.

HerdistheWord
09-07-2019, 12:38 PM
this is true, but there are more than 20. As a member of the gopher fanbase as well as NDSU, there are quite a few who like to remind us that FCS is not MAJOR college football. But those are the same ones who think the gophers are going to the rosebowl every year and have no foothold on reality.

I actually don’t think any of the Gopher teams would have won an FCS championship in the last decade. They have been plagued with mediocrity and disappointment. Recruiting gets you the best athletes, but development gets you the best football players. They have failed at both...

NovaBison
09-07-2019, 01:27 PM
I actually don’t think any of the Gopher teams would have won an FCS championship in the last decade. They have been plagued with mediocrity and disappointment. Recruiting gets you the best athletes, but development gets you the best football players. They have failed at both...

100% Agree... winning the FCS title is not as easy as most FBS puds think... goofers would never sniff Frisco

Bisonator98
09-07-2019, 03:31 PM
I hope so too, after the beat down GSU took at the hands of LSU we need the Gophers to win this game if GSU is to move up in the polls.

If you want to a team to beat the Gophers than make it the Georgia Southern a G5 program! ;-)

If GSU doesn't beat the goofers they should give up the FBS ficade and admit the Sunbelch isn't even a decent FCS conference.

Timp
09-08-2019, 09:52 PM
Tony Dungy?

Sandy Stephens

El_Chapo
09-09-2019, 02:38 AM
its GSU vs Gophers week.

Gophers had 2 close games, they will blow out GSU. sorry Talons.

thebootfitter
09-09-2019, 05:20 PM
its GSU vs Gophers week.

Gophers had 2 close games, they will blow out GSU. sorry Talons.
Methinks you may be mistaken. I'll be watching from a distance, but likely won't be back to rub it in if you're off base.

El_Chapo
09-12-2019, 02:36 AM
Gophers 16 point favorite.

I think I take GSU to cover even though I think Gophers win handily.

Gotta believe BisoNation will be 50/50 on this one if I'm guessing right about our fanbase.

I told Georgia Southern Fans. ... NDSU vs Georgia Southern in Nashville in a few years for a non conf game? that'd be fun!!

TransAmBison
09-12-2019, 12:24 PM
I'm taking Southern. I watched their last game. Their center sent the ball sailing over the qb's head a number of times...can't remember how many...I know of at least twice but maybe more. One was at the goal line. If they get that settled down I think they will be just fine. I also watched the Gophers vs SDSU. I was not impressed.

heffray
09-12-2019, 02:27 PM
I'm taking Southern. I watched their last game. Their center sent the ball sailing over the qb's head a number of times...can't remember how many...I know of at least twice but maybe more. One was at the goal line. If they get that settled down I think they will be just fine. I also watched the Gophers vs SDSU. I was not impressed.

The Goofs have that speedy wide-out but not much else. Anyone with a complete game plan who executes could beat them. GSU in a close one is a good pick.

TransAmBison
09-12-2019, 02:52 PM
The Goofs have that speedy wide-out but not much else. Anyone with a complete game plan who executes could beat them. GSU in a close one is a good pick.Yes, but their qb throws about as well as Southern's qb. :)

heffray
09-12-2019, 03:26 PM
Yes, but their qb throws about as well as Southern's qb. :)

Fair point. Is GSU still running the TO?

TransAmBison
09-12-2019, 03:35 PM
Fair point. Is GSU still running the TO?Yup. The qb is fun to watch run. Weird watching them run it out of the shotgun, though.

ByeSonBusiness
09-12-2019, 03:49 PM

There is a difference between a novelty event and a consistent one.

bisonp
09-12-2019, 03:56 PM
There is a difference between a novelty event and a consistent one.

Which is why the SDSU game was their highest attendance in 2 years.

HerdThat!
09-12-2019, 05:58 PM
Go GSU - F the Goofs

IzzyFlexion
09-12-2019, 07:16 PM

Did it sail over the crossbar (which is ON THE GOAL LINE)….I believe that the offense gets 9 deci-points for that if the ball comes to rest within 3.2 centimeters of the end zone logo.

Do that 3 times in a single game, the fans throw their toques on the field...…….I think...…...

HandoEX
09-12-2019, 07:42 PM
GSU lost game one 3-55 and had 7 fumbles their last game. Lol, pathetic. They aren’t beating the Gophers.

MNLonghorn10
09-12-2019, 08:22 PM
As my guy Kevin O'shea once said...some of us are made to score touchdowns (Minnesota) and some of us are made to run the class projector(GSU)

Bison"FANatic"
09-14-2019, 10:42 PM
oh goophers, blocked field goal for TD and then fumble for
td and they may just lose in last 7 minutes

bisonp
09-14-2019, 11:03 PM
Both these teams are terrible.

HandoEX
Haha, Gophers scored with :13 to win.

Bison"FANatic"
I see a eagle defense choking. Gophers are going to get killed in conference play.

oldmantutters
09-14-2019, 11:17 PM
Haha, Gophers scored with :13 to win.Have to wonder how 3rd and 1 changes the end of the game? Really not sure how that spot isn't reviewed during the GaSo timeout.8984

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
09-14-2019, 11:25 PM
GSU defense messed that up, that was a WIN. crazy

BisonTeacher
09-15-2019, 12:02 AM
Fortunately for the gophers, GSU ran a defensive scheme known as the 'Vikings Prevent'.