PDA

View Full Version : Butler Post Game Thoughts/Discussion

Kevin
08-31-2019, 11:11 PM
1) Not sold on Trey Lance. 10-11? 100 yards rushing and 6 td's? Maybe that'd be acceptable against UNI or SDSU but this was Butler. There's absolutely no reason he couldn't have been been 12-12 with 200 yards rushing and 9 td's. But hey, he's a Freshman he'll grow into the role. I hope. /p
2) In seriousness Trey is bigger than I remember him being last year. Really impressive presence in the pocket and on the move. Impressive accuracy as well.
3) Running backs look to be by committee again which is probably best given the diversity of talent this year. I'd like to see Clarke get more first team carries.
4) How about Sproles? That deep route was a thing of beauty. I hope to see a lot more of it.
5) Nice pick by Hendricks. Not a lot to say on defense but they look as solid as ever. Any update on Jasir Cox?
6) Thank God for football season.

WeAreThePride
08-31-2019, 11:15 PM
This team will win MINIMUM 3 Natties under Lance. He will win 55+ games. NDSU will have 13 years of top tier FCS QB talent.

bisonp
08-31-2019, 11:18 PM
Trey picked right up where Easton left off. Incredible. Gotta wonder what Gopher fans in attendance thought.

jcdcubs
08-31-2019, 11:20 PM
Kobe Johnson looks good for #5 RB

heffray
08-31-2019, 11:21 PM
Trey picked right up where Easton left off. Incredible. Gotta wonder what Gopher fans in attendance thought.

All of the intangibles are there. I have to imagine there are some Valley defenses that will give him some trickier looks and make him grow a little. But man you could not ask for more that what he did today for a first game.

HandoEX
08-31-2019, 11:22 PM
Lots of big plays on offense and we lost TOP, which had been pretty rare over the years. Defense pursued really well and plenty of studs on D. Liked what we saw from both CBs. Trey Lance is the mother fucking MAN! Wow!!

Christopher Moen
08-31-2019, 11:26 PM
Today’s game showed that Trey’s play during two games last year weren’t an aberration. I’m happily impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinotBison
08-31-2019, 11:30 PM
This team will win MINIMUM 3 Natties under Lance. He will win 55+ games. NDSU will have 13 years of top tier FCS QB talent.

:nod: :nod: :nod:

ThunderDan
08-31-2019, 11:31 PM
My takeaway is that we played Butler and it's great to get excited about stats and performances, but let's hold off until after the UND game

KSBisonFan
08-31-2019, 11:37 PM
Hope the injuries to Jasir and Reinholz aren't serious.

bisonp
08-31-2019, 11:43 PM
My takeaway is that we played Butler and it's great to get excited about stats and performances, but let's hold off until after the UND game

If by "after" you mean Delaware, yes.

UND sure as hell isn't going to test him.

yopaulie
08-31-2019, 11:52 PM
Awesome game. Tre, Christian, and Phoenix all looked great.

2 things I didn't like:
1. Our kickoffs were all very low and short. Some teams would take great advantage of that.
2. Seeing Jabril Cox on our kickoff special teams. Even after we were up by 30.

bisonfanette
08-31-2019, 11:57 PM
Perhaps this is posted elsewhere (?) but did we hit the bar as far as $ for NDSU with an attendance of $35,500+ ?
Wonderful attendance!

semobison
09-01-2019, 12:04 AM
Lots to be excited about with Trey and the young talent on this team. This was Butler though and they must not have known that Tight Ends were eligible pass recievers. They we're wide open!

KSBisonFan
09-01-2019, 12:10 AM
Perhaps this is posted elsewhere (?) but did we hit the bar as far as $ for NDSU with an attendance of $35,500+ ?
Wonderful attendance!

Announced attendance was 34,544 or something very close to that.

Buffalo.Rider
09-01-2019, 12:22 AM

First game next year will be a significant test, indicator. Oregon, on their turf. They were down a few years, but seem to be getting back top form - they may be formidable next year. Lance by then will have one year of experience.

oldmantutters
09-01-2019, 12:23 AM
Wonderful attendance!34.5

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
09-01-2019, 12:32 AM
First game next year will be a significant test, indicator. Oregon, on their turf. They were down a few years, but seem to be getting back top form - they may be formidable next year. Lance by then will have one year of experience.

They will probably be breaking in a new QB next year as long as Herbert doesn’t get hurt or fall apart this year.

23Bison
09-01-2019, 12:42 AM
If I’m not mistaken, isn’t pretty much their entire o-line going to graduate after this season?

Bison bison
09-01-2019, 12:47 AM

This. Totally ridiculous.

bisonfanette
09-01-2019, 12:47 AM
Announced attendance was 34,544 or something very close to that.

Yes my mistake.... someone mentioned that we hit the bar as far as a nice financial gain for the athletic dept.
I just haven’t read enough about this...

AKBison
09-01-2019, 01:02 AM
1. Trey Lance has an NFL arm and we know what that looks like since our last two starting QB's are in the NFL.

2. DWill has bulked up and is going to contribute big time this year.

3. The Johnson kid isn't going to redshirt.

4. With all the youth we got kinda cocky and didn't have that been there done that swagger.

5. Beth is having a down year and has chunked up a bit.

DakotaOkie
09-01-2019, 01:09 AM
If Lance continues to forget his mouth guard against real defenses, he won’t see the entire season. Coaches need to straighten that detail out.

IndyBison
09-01-2019, 01:17 AM
If Lance continues to forget his mouth guard against real defenses, he won’t see the entire season. Coaches need to straighten that detail out.

Officials need to straighten that out. We hate to be uniform police but that's a safety issue. Sometimes players will have a second mouthpiece in their face mask, but I noticed on a couple close ups he didn't have one in his mouth. I bet they get some feedback from their grader on that.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
09-01-2019, 01:49 AM
I did not hear the post game show. What was the reasoning for the 2 point conversion on the 1st touchdown?

IBleedYellow
09-01-2019, 01:56 AM
We need a bigger stadium. I don't know how we can afford it, or where or any logistics.

But. Woah. We need it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

stevdock
09-01-2019, 01:56 AM
Go cheer on Oregon so we don’t have to hear next year that was our worst team of all time or we always lose our first game.

stevdock
09-01-2019, 01:59 AM
Officials need to straighten that out. We hate to be uniform police but that's a safety issue. Sometimes players will have a second mouthpiece in their face mask, but I noticed on a couple close ups he didn't have one in his mouth. I bet they get some feedback from their grader on that.

I didn’t watch a lot of the SDSU game on Thursday but most of what I watched SDSU’s qb didn’t wear it much either

NDSU1980
09-01-2019, 01:59 AM
I did not hear the post game show. What was the reasoning for the 2 point conversion on the 1st touchdown?

Jeff and Phil figured they wanted to get something on tape for the other coaches to have to worry about the rest of the season. Now they have to worry about running the swinging gate play and will have to practice defending it, even if we never use the play again.

bisonaudit
09-01-2019, 02:02 AM

Hopefully because it's smart and well be doing so consistently going forward.

NDSUSR
09-01-2019, 02:04 AM

Butlers QB never put his in either.

Bisonator98
09-01-2019, 02:04 AM

Just wanted to put a different look out there for teams to practice for I think.

Real happy with Trey's performance, couldn't have asked for a better first game from him. Thought the defense and special teams were both solid. Was a bit disappointed with the defense on that first drive of the second half, they came out flat IMO. The turnovers were unacceptable and need to be cleaned up, Trey has to handle that snap and Ty needs to get that ball tighter to his body. The penalties were pretty normal for a first game and I think those will be corrected this week. Give the players an A for the game.

Now how about the coaching staff, I know it was Butler but I thought Tyler and David both called a great game. Entz didn't have any critical end of half or game decisions to make but he seemed calm on the sideline and seemed to let his staff handle the players and calls on the field. Well done by the new staff and they get an A too!

heffray
09-01-2019, 02:06 AM

Against this team it would not have mattered. But smart on the first score in Valley play? I’m not against it, I just don’t know.

CAS4127
09-01-2019, 02:08 AM

I thought of your dumbass when we did that/purple.

I liked it! Why not...

Bison03
09-01-2019, 02:17 AM
So 35,000 people were sold alcohol for 4 hours today. Did you guys see all the fights, arrests, and frat party drunkenness in the stands? Yeah, me neither. NDSU...Fargodome...can you hear me?

Hammerhead
09-01-2019, 02:20 AM
So 35,000 people were sold alcohol for 4 hours today. Did you guys see all the fights, arrests, and fat party drunkenness in the stands? Yeah, me neither. NDSU...Fargodome...can you hear me?

There was more cursing than we usually hear in the Fargodome.

BattleBorn
09-01-2019, 02:37 AM
So 35,000 people were sold alcohol for 4 hours today. Did you guys see all the fights, arrests, and fat party drunkenness in the stands? Yeah, me neither. NDSU...Fargodome...can you hear me?

Did see one of our own in cuffs on 94...

23Bison
09-01-2019, 02:45 AM
Next week can’t come soon enough.

TAILG8R
09-01-2019, 03:03 AM
The short very low kickoffs concern me...

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

PlainsBison
09-01-2019, 03:20 AM
There’s something about a crowd of 34,000 fans at a venue 240 miles from Fargo. Has to have the administration thinking through some “what if’s” ...

mtoutfitter
09-01-2019, 03:21 AM

Yes, have to agree.

heffray
09-01-2019, 03:27 AM

Was that with Reinholz in or when he was injured and Wegner was doing them?

TAILG8R
09-01-2019, 03:32 AM
None of the kickoffs had me feeling good honestly. .

KSBisonFan
09-01-2019, 03:38 AM
Was that with Reinholz in or when he was injured and Wegner was doing them?

I believe Reinholz injured himself on the first kickoff.

ndsubison1
09-01-2019, 03:51 AM
We are in for a special 4 years with Lance at QB. Kind of Deshaun Watson-esque.

Christopher Moen
09-01-2019, 04:05 AM
I believe Reinholz injured himself on the first kickoff.

Didn’t see much of him after scoring the two-point conversion, so it had to be very early in the game.

EC8CH
09-01-2019, 04:39 AM

I laughed so hard I peed a little.

This was a joke right? Cause it's hilarious.

bisonaudit
09-01-2019, 06:58 AM

Kickoffs are more important than everything else the kicker does.

reformedUNDfan
09-01-2019, 07:37 AM
I'm not sure about 2021, but 2020 and 2022 are going to be better teams than NDSU has ever had

2020 NDSU is going to be a monster.

bison_by_blood
09-01-2019, 08:10 AM
Kickoffs are more important than everything else the kicker does.

Not positive but think the kickoffs may have been based on the field. Butler never hit anything past the 5 either.

steelbison
09-01-2019, 12:50 PM
Trey Lance was unreal. 4 and 24 are our two best RB. Ty is very good but wont last running inside.

Not impressed with the defense. Maybe we weren’t intense against a bad team.

Thought our middle LB looked slow.

Also let’s not forget. CK was the defensive guru for years. Let’s see if we can maintain without him here. Will be interesting.

Can’t wait for the game this week!

Hammerhead
09-01-2019, 01:45 PM
There’s something about a crowd of 34,000 fans at a venue 240 miles from Fargo. Has to have the administration thinking through some “what if’s” ...

Based on the amount of noise when the Bison were on offense, many in attendance were there to party and probably live near the cities like my friend who went with us.

No_Skill
09-01-2019, 01:50 PM
Based on the amount of noise when the Bison were on offense, many in attendance were there to party and probably live near the cities like my friend who went with us.

Agreed. Way more conversations and reunions happening in the stands than home games. It's cool that everyone was able to get together, but I dont think this is a good litmus test for a bigger stadium. If it took a novelty in their backyard to attend a game, why would they show up in Fargo for a bigger stadium?

roadwarrior
09-01-2019, 02:18 PM
Overheard the guy sitting behind me discover that the Bison play home games indoors. He was wearing an NDSU shirt.

Tony Almeida
09-01-2019, 02:29 PM
The defense seemed out of place at times IMO, this may be due to the new coaching staff and first game jitters. The Bison defense is tough to learn so if it is the coaching, I hope it gets fixed as quick as Entz learned from Klieman.

Trey is going to be a stud.

Kobe Johnson is going to be a beast. Preserve that redshirt if they can.

I'm not as worried about the receivers as I was before the game.

The oline has enough talent to have me not worried about Blazek replacing Riley in the near future, hopefully I never have to.

The kicking is concerning, but then again NDSU has never been known to have the strongest legs. I don't think kicking is much of a priority for the Bison as it is for other schools. It is nice to see a kickoff that is high and 5 yards into the end zone once in a while.

GreenfieldBison
09-01-2019, 02:29 PM
Agreed. Way more conversations and reunions happening in the stands than home games. It's cool that everyone was able to get together, but I dont think this is a good litmus test for a bigger stadium. If it took a novelty in their backyard to attend a game, why would they show up in Fargo for a bigger stadium?

We wouldn’t. I am probably a very atypical semi-rabid Bison alum living in the cities since graduation and there is not an ice cube’s chance I would attended this game if played in Fargo even if you gave me the ticket for free. You can’t plan an expanded stadium in Fargo with the assumption that you will draw a meaningful percentage of the capacity from the Twin Cities area fan base. It won’t happen with any regularity.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
09-01-2019, 02:32 PM
Bison football show isn't showing up on the tv guide. Going to DVR infomercials and hope for the best.

heffray
09-01-2019, 02:34 PM
We wouldn’t. I am probably a very atypical semi-rabid Bison alum living in the cities since graduation and there is not an ice cube’s chance I would attended this game if played in Fargo even if you gave me the ticket for free. You can’t plan an expanded stadium in Fargo with the assumption that you will draw a meaningful percentage of the capacity from the Twin Cities area fan base. It won’t happen with any regularity.

It’s an interesting conversation. I would assume that we could fill a bigger stadium in Fargo, but unsure how much bigger. Unsure how a move up to FBS (we may need a bigger better facility to do it) would affect that, but I’m told it would...

bisonfanette
09-01-2019, 02:46 PM
I'm not sure about 2021, but 2020 and 2022 are going to be better teams than NDSU has ever had
2020 NDSU is going to be a monster.

WOW!!! This is an exciting statement!!! I hope you are correct!

bisonp
09-01-2019, 03:43 PM
It’s an interesting conversation. I would assume that we could fill a bigger stadium in Fargo, but unsure how much bigger. Unsure how a move up to FBS (we may need a bigger better facility to do it) would affect that, but I’m told it would...

Only filled the Fargodome twice last year. So I would assume it's already about the right size. At the least, there is no way they could justify the cost of something larger. That's just reality.

ndsubison1
09-01-2019, 04:25 PM
Trey Lance was unreal. 4 and 24 are our two best RB. Ty is very good but wont last running inside.

Not impressed with the defense. Maybe we weren’t intense against a bad team.

Thought our middle LB looked slow.

Also let’s not forget. CK was the defensive guru for years. Let’s see if we can maintain without him here. Will be interesting.

Can’t wait for the game this week!

Yes the defense in some aspects needs some time. Hopefully develop some depth up the middle

heffray
09-01-2019, 04:44 PM
Only filled the Fargodome twice last year. So I would assume it's already about the right size. At the least, there is no way they could justify the cost of something larger. That's just reality.

I don’t disagree. I think we’re right sized for now. I have to think a move up would coincide with a larger stadium and attendance boost. Sustaining it is a whole ‘nother deal...

tony
09-01-2019, 05:05 PM
If this game had been in the Fargodome, the stands would have been half full at best in the fourth quarter instead of 90% still there... pretty amazing.

Soooo close to covering the spread too... I mean inches.

heffray
09-01-2019, 05:10 PM
If this game had been in the Fargodome, the stands would have been half full at best in the fourth quarter instead of 90% still there... pretty amazing.

Soooo close to covering the spread too... I mean inches.

I thought the spread was 46.5, didn’t they win by 47?

Mr Meaty
09-01-2019, 05:12 PM

First spread I heard was 48.5 not sure if it changed.

ndsubison1
09-01-2019, 05:38 PM

The spread on 5D was anywhere from 47-48.5

GreenfieldBison
09-01-2019, 05:39 PM
Sorry if someone already put this out there. Nice little write up by the Strib. Some commenters seem to really understand too.

http://www.startribune.com/ndsu-quarterback-trey-lance-puts-on-a-show-for-34-544-at-target-field-in-bison-s-57-10-rout-over-butler/558974182/

WeAreThePride
09-01-2019, 07:30 PM
I was in the tractor listening to the game. Is there anywhere to watch the 2 point conversion? I’m very curious to see what that was all about.

roadwarrior
09-01-2019, 07:44 PM
I was in the tractor listening to the game. Is there anywhere to watch the 2 point conversion? I’m very curious to see what that was all about.

The Bison Football show is on the Valley News Live channel on YouTube. They show the play in the highlights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT2T3yHeeRQ&t=1s

HerdBot
09-01-2019, 09:36 PM
Trey did as good as possible vs the opponent. That's encouraging obviously. But once the competition gets better, well have a better idea. But I am very optimistic. The kid can play

Tony Almeida
09-01-2019, 10:52 PM
Sorry if someone already put this out there. Nice little write up by the Strib. Some commenters seem to really understand too.

http://www.startribune.com/ndsu-quarterback-trey-lance-puts-on-a-show-for-34-544-at-target-field-in-bison-s-57-10-rout-over-butler/558974182/Not so fast Billy Ray...
Something doesn't add up with the first two photos and their captions...

GreenfieldBison
09-02-2019, 12:04 AM
Just watching the broadcast on ESPN+. Initial impressions: camera work looks great, Jimmy Football is going to be our PAT /FG holder? Oh boy.

EC8CH
09-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Just watching the broadcast on ESPN+. Initial impressions: camera work looks great, Jimmy Football is going to be our PAT /FG holder? Oh boy.

James will have a passing TD before graduation, book it.

IzzyFlexion
09-02-2019, 12:27 AM
Before the previous two Bison wins, I wonder how long it has been since NDSU played two consecutive games on natural grass?

EC8CH
09-02-2019, 12:30 AM
Before the previous two Bison wins, I wonder how long it has been since NDSU played two consecutive games on natural grass?

Natty in Frisco then season opener in Ames.

What do I win?

Those stripy Bison socks were kinda cool.

GreenfieldBison
09-02-2019, 12:40 AM
James will have a passing TD before graduation, book it.

On January 11 I bet. I DESPERATELY want to see this kid earn some jewelry for his final campaign.

GreenfieldBison
09-02-2019, 12:52 AM
I kind of like Matt Gallagher. I want to take him to a karaoke bar and see what he’s got for pipes.

roadwarrior
09-02-2019, 02:51 AM
The Fargodome staff could sure learn a lot from the Target Field staff.

No_Skill
09-02-2019, 02:56 AM
The Fargodome staff could sure learn a lot from the Target Field staff.

Agreed. I was told multiple times "thanks for coming" etc. All very helpful as well.

El_Chapo
09-02-2019, 04:01 AM
Twin Cities sports media all got together on twitter/facebook and agreed to not even mention NDSU. it was amazing, no 1 even mentioned it. pretty sad, or extremely jealous of a passionate college football fanbase

westnodak93bison
09-02-2019, 10:56 AM
Twin Cities sports media all got together on twitter/facebook and agreed to not even mention NDSU. it was amazing, no 1 even mentioned it. pretty sad, or extremely jealous of a passionate college football fanbaseMN Nice

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
09-02-2019, 12:56 PM
I read the Star Tribune online Saturday and Sunday. Online had plenty of NDSU articles.

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2019, 01:48 PM
So 35,000 people were sold alcohol for 4 hours today. Did you guys see all the fights, arrests, and frat party drunkenness in the stands? Yeah, me neither. NDSU...Fargodome...can you hear me?

https://twitter.com/bertfarlender/status/1168368001047040000

funny stuff

THEsocalledfan
09-02-2019, 01:50 PM
Twin Cities sports media all got together on twitter/facebook and agreed to not even mention NDSU. it was amazing, no 1 even mentioned it. pretty sad, or extremely jealous of a passionate college football fanbase

And I've pointed out on Twitter to you multiple stories from both newspaper and television covering the event.

23Bison
09-02-2019, 02:12 PM

funny stuff

That’s pretty F-Ing gross. Have a little self respect and possibly show some respect to others and the city. Too lazy to find a bathroom.

scottietohottie
09-02-2019, 02:14 PM
That’s pretty F-Ing gross. Have a little self respect and possibly show some respect to others and the city. Too lazy to find a bathroom.

She was just trying to turn the hydrant on without using her hands

Bison 4 Life
09-02-2019, 02:17 PM
Oh good, salty gopher fans have one valid point. The bitchiness is astounding.

southcliffbison
09-02-2019, 02:39 PM
My theory: some dipshit gopher/fhawker fan paid this homeless woman to drop her pants, gave her a Bison shirt to wear and snapped the pic. Woman and fat dude beside her probably have no connection to Fargo or even know where it's at

DCinOK
09-02-2019, 03:41 PM

funny stuff

Oh my. A definite low point during our Run. We're going to have to live that one down for awhile.

HerdistheWord
09-02-2019, 03:49 PM
It’s one fan out of almost 35,000. Don’t care, moving on.

BisonLaw
09-02-2019, 04:12 PM
Pic reminds me of the shit we're going to take on UND

dewey
09-02-2019, 04:22 PM

Yep. Agreed. Every fan base has some of those fans.

Dewey

SafeTeeJ
09-02-2019, 04:25 PM

Yes! Let’s move on and talk about young lady on the jumbo tron with her blouse hanging off one shoulder.
It received a lot of ooos and aaahs👀

BisBison
09-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Yes! Let’s move on and talk about young lady on the jumbo tron with her blouse hanging off one shoulder.
It received a lot of ooos and aaahs

Better than talking about that, how about a screen shot?

SafeTeeJ
09-02-2019, 05:11 PM

I couldn’t whip it out fast enough...speaking of my phone of course.

KSBisonFan
09-02-2019, 05:20 PM

It's 1 fan in 35,000 but with social media, people will associate that crap with our school, team and fanbase. We expect class from our coaches and teams and fans should be able show some respect and restraint. Maybe act like you've drank a beer before.

southcliffbison
09-02-2019, 05:30 PM
It's 1 fan in 35,000 but with social media, people will associate that crap with our school, team and fanbase. We expect class from our coaches and teams and fans should be able show some respect and restraint. Maybe act like you've drank a beer before.

I still think she was paid to do it; slip trash like this a ten dollar bill and God only know what else she'd do. This had to be pre-planned.

DCinOK
09-02-2019, 05:45 PM
Come on....if it was say, a jmu fan doing it I'd be laughing and mocking them like crazy. We'd better be prepared to, literally, take the piss out of ourselves for this for awhile or it will be even worse.

HerdistheWord
09-02-2019, 05:47 PM
It doesn’t look good, but anyone know the story around it or know someone who witnessed this? She could have had a medical emergency? Or had something slipped in her drink? Or just gotten piss drunk?

I’d rather everyone acted respectable, but I’m not going to flip out over a few fans that don’t. I’m not sure we should brag about how much we can drink as a fanbase and then flip out over people who act drunk.

EC8CH
09-02-2019, 06:00 PM
It doesn’t look good, but anyone know the story around it or know someone who witnessed this? She could have had a medical emergency? Or had something slipped in her drink? Or just gotten piss drunk?

Ooooooor... She just witnessed Trey Lance's first collegiate start and couldn't physically hold in that much excellence.

EC8CH
09-02-2019, 06:17 PM

Oooor, the guy on the phone just read her a post about the real test for NDSU coming the following week and she's bent over laughing trying not to wet herself.

CalBison97
09-02-2019, 06:27 PM
Obviously she wasn’t in her normal state of mind. I feel bad for her that someone had to snap a pic and circulate it. To me it’s not that big of deal, more humorous than offensive. And since this was tweeted directly to NDSU, ya’ll can forget about beer sales in the dome.

EC8CH
09-02-2019, 07:09 PM
Obviously she wasn’t in her normal state of mind. I feel bad for her that someone had to snap a pic and circulate it. To me it’s not that big of deal, more humorous than offensive. And since this was tweeted directly to NDSU, ya’ll can forget about beer sales in the dome.

It's not like taking a picture of someone cross stitching at a baseball game, but it's almost as bad.

TAILG8R
09-02-2019, 07:37 PM
It's not like taking a picture of someone cross stitching at a baseball game, but it's almost as bad.Lololol

GreenfieldBison
09-02-2019, 07:44 PM
Oooor, the guy on the phone just read her a post about the real test for NDSU coming the following week and she's bent over laughing trying not to wet herself.

I believe this is the most likely explanation right here.

GreenfieldBison
09-02-2019, 07:49 PM

I would be willing to bet this incident took place on Sunday, not Saturday. If in fact she and her companions were in attendance at Target Field they most likely walked out under their own power and will under control. Beer sales were curtailed within the stadium pretty early in the third quarter I think. I’m pretty sure I heard a vendor walking up the aisle about then yelling out for last call. It is also far too light out in this photo to be post game on Saturday unless it has been edited.

So if she did indeed poison herself to the point of loss of control it most likely occurred downtown in the postgame celebration. I could be wrong. Happened once this year already.

23Bison
09-02-2019, 07:58 PM
I don’t see a reasonable excuse. There is literally a bathroom in every bar/pub. Judging by the pic it was between or close to the Target Center and Field. You can see the sky walk in the background.

17>1
09-02-2019, 08:11 PM
This picture is from Saturday at around 2:00, outside of Cowboy Jacks. I know because I walked by them on my way to the stadium after having lunch at Dulono's Pizza. I noticed the guy first because he was on all fours with his face on the sidewalk, busted sunglass lying nearby and his phone in his hand. Someone was there trying to get him up but he appeared to be more worried about the cell phone in his hand. He didn't look injured so I kept walking. Then we noticed her, swaying back and forth as she walked a bit ahead of us. We tried to walk around her and she almost stumbled into me and I had to move out of the way. She then ran into one of those metal crowd control fences and nearly went face first over it, but caught herself. We made it to the corner and crossed the street and as we were crossing I decided to look back and noticed that the two of them were standing side by side by the building and it made sense that they were probably together and had been drinking the same thing.

Neither of them represent our fan base. We've heard enough positive reports from other teams fans and businesses we've visited over the years that prove this is the exception and not the rule.

NDSU92
09-02-2019, 08:12 PM

How legal is it to take a picture of someone doing that? How much more illegal is it to post it in public space on the internet?

Why do I feel horrible for this lady, but if it were a guy I would chuckle and move on?

Regardless of legality, if I was the one in the picture I’d be pursuing lawsuit options...

barnwintersportsengelstad
09-02-2019, 08:12 PM
How many ugly scenes will there be after the next Bizon loss?

aces1180
09-02-2019, 08:18 PM
How legal is it to take a picture of someone doing that? How much more illegal is it to post it in public space on the internet?

Why do I feel horrible for this lady, but if it were a guy I would chuckle and move on?

Regardless of legality, if I was the one in the picture I’d be pursuing lawsuit options...

Public street = public record

There are no legal options for this embarrassment.

JMB
09-02-2019, 08:24 PM

I might have an ounce of sympathy if she was trying to hide behind something or in an alley... But out in the open, not so much.

09-02-2019, 08:36 PM

Typical, what a joke. TOOOOOO MUCH beer, plain and simple. Own up to it.
Remember junior being kicked off team by NCAA and some were feeling sorry for him and then the AD throwing him and Mama BB under the bus!
Then some trying to use the excuse of Too much coffee.

Christopher Moen
09-02-2019, 08:37 PM

Thankfully none were apparently taken as she looked younger than 18. It looked like she was goofing around with her friend behind her and when she turned quickly back around towards the camera, her loose shirt/jacket slid from her shoulder down to her elbow and nearly got her left side exposed. Due to the wireless cameras having about a second delay, the near exposure was up on the big screen for a little too long before she realized what happened and readjusted herself. I was shocked that the tech director didn’t switch right away to another camera or cover slide (logo) to prevent a near disaster.

wagsabison
09-02-2019, 08:45 PM
I wonder if Barney will be back this week?

scottietohottie
09-02-2019, 08:48 PM
October 2nd 2021. I will trash the place.

EC8CH
09-02-2019, 08:50 PM

Yeah whatever happened to that guy?

KilldeerBison
09-02-2019, 09:21 PM

Thinking he and his girlfriend, bought some Bison shirts and headed to the Butler game.

aces1180
09-02-2019, 09:24 PM
Thinking he and his girlfriend, bought some Bison shirts and headed to the Butler game.

I think that chick in the street was his daughter...Can't confirm though.

Bisonator98
09-02-2019, 11:30 PM
Thankfully none were apparently taken as she looked younger than 18. It looked like she was goofing around with her friend behind her and when she turned quickly back around towards the camera, her loose shirt/jacket slid from her shoulder down to her elbow and nearly got her left side exposed. Due to the wireless cameras having about a second delay, the near exposure was up on the big screen for a little too long before she realized what happened and readjusted herself. I was shocked that the tech director didn’t switch right away to another camera or cover slide (logo) to prevent a near disaster.

A wardrobe malfuction?

mtoutfitter
09-02-2019, 11:36 PM
Did anyone else notice a few players going with the Vernon Adams single eye black look?

BISONBRI53
09-02-2019, 11:39 PM

I’d rather everyone acted respectable, but I’m not going to flip out over a few fans that don’t. I’m not sure we should brag about how much we can drink as a fanbase and then flip out over people who act drunk.

I saw this girl at Jacks as I was leaving. She was staggering around the men’s room like she needed to go bad... when I was done I snuck out the side door and she was out there getting ready to puke. Fully clothed at that time. Her friends seemed concerned but not too concerned

GreenfieldBison
09-03-2019, 12:12 AM
Public street = public record

There are no legal options for this embarrassment.

Yes and especially so in downtown Minneapolis. You can’t really walk anywhere without being on a camera. All the elevators have cameras in them. Alleys, streets, everything. Then add cellphones. You have absolutely no expectation of privacy in the urban jungle unless you are in your hotel room, apartment or condo.

NDSU1980
09-03-2019, 12:47 AM
Typical, what a joke. TOOOOOO MUCH beer, plain and simple. Own up to it.
Remember junior being kicked off team by NCAA and some were feeling sorry for him and then the AD throwing him and Mama BB under the bus!
Then some trying to use the excuse of Too much coffee.

Yea, almost as embarrassing as a star hockey player pissing in an elevator.

runtheoption
09-03-2019, 01:46 AM
Anyone on here go to the "tailgating" event next to Gate 6 put on by Midwest Sports Tours? It was a complete rip-off. These guys put these types of events on for a living, and completely screwed it up. This was the definition of over-promising and under-delivering. Must have sold well over 1000 tickets. Horribly long lines to just get into the fenced off area, then super long lines for food and the bar. 1 line for food, 1 bar, and only 3 gawd damn porta potties.

The whole thing felt like a big scam.

StL Bison Fan
09-03-2019, 01:54 AM
Anyone on here go to the "tailgating" event next to Gate 6 put on by Midwest Sports Tours? It was a complete rip-off. These guys put these types of events on for a living, and completely screwed it up. This was the definition of over-promising and under-delivering. Must have sold well over 1000 tickets. Horribly long lines to just get into the fenced off area, then super long lines for food and the bar. 1 line for food, 1 bar, and only 3 gawd damn porta potties.

The whole thing felt like a big scam.

Our friends went and between the four of them got 1/2 cup of beer. Met some Bison at the hotel who were complaining and Facebook is full of conversation about it. Someone did suggest charging it back if you used a credit card. Don’t know if it works that way but worth a conversation

Christopher Moen
09-03-2019, 01:58 AM
A wardrobe malfuction?

In my opinion, "yes."

Bison 4 Life
09-03-2019, 02:04 AM
Our friends went and between the four of them got 1/2 cup of beer. Met some Bison at the hotel who were complaining and Facebook is full of conversation about it. Someone did suggest charging it back if you used a credit card. Don’t know if it works that way but worth a conversation

If they want anyone to buy another thing, they'll offer some sort of goodwill refund.

56BISON73
09-03-2019, 03:03 AM

You cant expect privacy or any considerations when you are doing this in the public domain. Its not like some guy came by and noticed she was drunk so he pulled her pants down and took a picture.

It unfortunate. But this is the day and age we live in where everyone is just a second away from becoming a punch line.

EC8CH
09-03-2019, 03:17 AM
http://youtu.be/fXw9hbVxFog

Alsen
09-03-2019, 06:14 AM
Anyone else a little concerned about the LB play against lowly Butler??

Christopher Moen
09-03-2019, 06:39 AM

Not sure why we should. Most of the starters weren't playing after the first half of which the defense gave up 40 total yards on 28 plays. This includes the last Butler drive that got 35 yards against a prevent defense and ended up with a miss FG.

Second half was pretty much a whole lot of experience time for the younger players.

I think the coaches are doing their job.

What else should we start panicking about?

WeAreThePride
09-03-2019, 09:36 AM

I am not. 10 char

BFKasper14
09-03-2019, 12:22 PM

Nope.

THEsocalledfan
09-03-2019, 01:04 PM
http://youtu.be/fXw9hbVxFog

Don't tell Lakes; ruins his narrative that the TC media ignored us..... :)

steelbison
09-03-2019, 01:15 PM

I am. Not sold on our middle backer. Looked slow and very stiff to me. Mentioned it earlier.

Bison"FANatic"
09-03-2019, 02:41 PM
I am. Not sold on our middle backer. Looked slow and very stiff to me. Mentioned it earlier.

I know it is a position that I will be paying attention to this coming few weeks after finally getting to watch the game yesterday. SDSU's speed would have given us a bit of a problem but by the time we get to conference play I expect that will be improved.

heffray
09-03-2019, 02:54 PM

Jackson Hankey. This is the guy all the coaches were raving about in the off-season. Not the fastest or the strongest maybe, but high Football IQ... think Grant Olson. Also, in-state kid.

El_Chapo
09-03-2019, 03:15 PM
Don't tell Lakes; ruins his narrative that the TC media ignored us..... :)

TWITTER TWIN CITIES MEDIA IGNORED IT... how many times i gotta say it.

kfan twitter had 0 from all of them. Ruesse Barrerio Rosen ZERO

GreenfieldBison
09-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Strib had a piece in the Sunday edition. Reusse is a fat old blowhard - who gives damn what he prints. Rosen is retired.

BFKasper14
09-03-2019, 03:19 PM

I’m going to give him a few games before I write him off. First game starting, playing in front of 35,000 people. It’ll slow down for him. In the games I saw of him last year (I know, mop up time) he was very physical and was able to get outside fairly quickly. That being said, if he does struggle against our next few opponents, I will begin to worry.

THEsocalledfan
09-03-2019, 03:21 PM

I saw it multiple times on Twitter which is how I found the articles I sent you! :)

tony
09-03-2019, 03:40 PM
Jackson Hankey. This is the guy all the coaches were raving about in the off-season. Not the fastest or the strongest maybe, but high Football IQ... think Grant Olson. Also, in-state kid.

Yeah, speed picks up when you start making your reads faster. I remember when NDSU looked really slow on defense against Cal Poly one year. The next year, with the same personnel, they looked very, very fast.

17>1
09-03-2019, 03:51 PM
Hankey led the team with 8 tackles, not sure why he is being singled out. Frankly, I think Jabril had a quiet day, y'all worried about him too?

HandoEX
09-03-2019, 03:56 PM

You’re a moron if you think the radio home of the Gophers would give NDSU publicity for this. Total conflict of interest.

NDSUSR
09-03-2019, 04:00 PM
You’re a moron

Edited for clarity.

EC8CH
09-03-2019, 04:04 PM
Hankey led the team with 8 tackles, not sure why he is being singled out. Frankly, I think Jabril had a quiet day, y'all worried about him too?

He chased down a RB on a screen. Looked plenty fast on that play to me.

SDbison
09-03-2019, 04:12 PM
Anybody else concerned about the lack of a pass rush? Our D line should have been able to get to Butler QB more often and at least make him look uncomfortable out there. This is non scholly Butler. Crap, the Bunny O-line, which might be as good as ours, will toss our d-line around if what I saw against Butler is an indication of our pass rush. Sorry if already discussed as I only read a few pages of this thread.

devin45k
09-03-2019, 04:13 PM
Anybody else concerned about the lack of a pass rush? Our D line should have been able to get to Butler QB more often and at least make him look uncomfortable out there. This is non scholly Butler. Crap, the Bunny O-line, which might be as good as ours, will toss our d-line around if what I saw against Butler is an indication of our pass rush. Sorry if already discussed as I only read a few pages of this thread.

I was waiting for the sacks to start happening but they never did.

G_Funky
09-03-2019, 04:21 PM

Sacks are generally a product of movement up front or by bringing extra bodies. It looked to me that we kept our defensive scheme pretty basic. Less tape of what Braun plans to do against more competent competition.

G_Funky
09-03-2019, 04:46 PM
missed a shit load of blocks at the second level of the front 7...didnt really pose much of a problem on Saturday...but could definitely be a factor against a defense that can run and tackle.

I realize we ran for a bunch of yards, but I think Im safe in saying a lion's share of those came from getting the edge and just outrunning them.

89MTBISON
09-03-2019, 06:06 PM
94, 95 and 96 from last year will be hard to replace. We need several new guys to develop the kind of never give up attitude those three had.

17>1
09-03-2019, 10:56 PM
He chased down a RB on a screen. Looked plenty fast on that play to me.

I agree, I never said he was slow. I also didn’t realize it was Alsen that brought up the LB concerns, I never should’ve responded.

If any position group has to be pointed out for critique it could be the DL. No sacks that I remember. But seriously, how often did we see their QB sit back with all day to throw and find open receivers? Not often.

taper
09-03-2019, 11:44 PM
Natty in Frisco then season opener in Ames.

What do I win?

Those stripy Bison socks were kinda cool.

Nothing. That Frisco was the year against Towson, that "grass" was less natural than our turf.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 12:36 AM
Nothing. That Frisco was the year against Towson, that "grass" was less natural than our turf.

It was natural, just dead.

StL Bison Fan
09-04-2019, 12:38 AM
It was natural, just dead.

We have some of that grass growing in the sunroom

89MTBISON
09-04-2019, 01:49 AM

The recipient of his closeline tackle begs to differ.

09-04-2019, 02:28 AM
Yeah whatever happened to that guy?

https://www.google.com/search?q=sliding+into+home+plate+gif&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqlIWmjrbkAhVVvJ4KHcy8DnoQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1366&bih=576#imgrc=QFvOsx0yBo6UVM:

EC8CH
09-04-2019, 03:03 AM
https://www.google.com/search?q=sliding+into+home+plate+gif&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqlIWmjrbkAhVVvJ4KHcy8DnoQsAR6BAgGEAE&biw=1366&bih=576#imgrc=QFvOsx0yBo6UVM:

Exactly how I imagine Barney posting a gif.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/5Zesu5VPNGJlm/source.gif

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 12:59 PM
We have some of that grass growing in the sunroom

I'm SO jealous. I had a clump in my hand and didn't know what to do with it so I left it there.

Trumpster
09-04-2019, 03:39 PM

The most the tickets were sold though. A lot of people have stopped trying to get tickets because the 'know' they can't even when they can. I think the best thing NDSU could have done a couple years back would have been to allow some amount of tailgating during the game to have a place that isn't constrained by the dome that could keep growing on game day. Make a game day the thing you did even if you didn't get tickets, and maybe you'll find tickets to get into the dome, maybe you don't.

Stary2k11
09-04-2019, 04:00 PM
The most the tickets were sold though. A lot of people have stopped trying to get tickets because the 'know' they can't even when they can. I think the best thing NDSU could have done a couple years back would have been to allow some amount of tailgating during the game to have a place that isn't constrained by the dome that could keep growing on game day. Make a game day the thing you did even if you didn't get tickets, and maybe you'll find tickets to get into the dome, maybe you don't.

Many schools have done this for some time with people showing up for early tailgating and continuing through the game with zero intention of entering the stadiums. You can drive by and see people huddled up around TVs or other projector screens watching the game from the tailgate areas just outside. However, this method is probably a bit more exciting with an outdoor stadium.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 04:28 PM
Many schools have done this for some time with people showing up for early tailgating and continuing through the game with zero intention of entering the stadiums. You can drive by and see people huddled up around TVs or other projector screens watching the game from the tailgate areas just outside. However, this method is probably a bit more exciting with an outdoor stadium.

In Carbondale and Missoula, they allow you to go back in and out.

StL Bison Fan
09-04-2019, 04:31 PM

In Carbondale they never go in to begin with

steelbison
09-04-2019, 04:33 PM
The recipient of his closeline tackle begs to differ.

Just telling you what I observed. Could be the first game? The field? Will be able to tell a lot more after Saturday.

Also anyone know when Spencer Waege is going to play? In my opinion he is going to be a very special player.

CaBisonFan
09-04-2019, 07:10 PM
First game next year will be a significant test, indicator. Oregon, on their turf. They were down a few years, but seem to be getting back top form - they may be formidable next year. Lance by then will have one year of experience.Good news is that Oregon will graduate its quarterback.

23Bison
09-04-2019, 07:13 PM
And 4 of 5 OL.

IndyBison
09-04-2019, 07:17 PM

IU is notorious for having more fans tailgating than in the stadium for the games.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 07:19 PM
IU is notorious for having more fans tailgating than in the stadium for the games.

Kansas is the same way. Tailgating goes from early morning to late in the evening.

09-04-2019, 07:19 PM
Exactly how I imagine Barney posting a gif.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/5Zesu5VPNGJlm/source.gif

Called setting the hook.

Hammersmith
09-04-2019, 10:25 PM

He's actually talking about tickets sold. I think there were only two real sellouts last year(>95% tickets sold). But it doesn't make his point correct. What you're seeing with attendance recently is NDSU finding the sweet spot between supply, demand, and price. With a fixed supply, NDSU has been raising the price of seat fees until the demand of people willing to pay the higher prices equals the fixed supply. That way they're not leaving money on the table. Economics 101.

In a new stadium*, the supply would change, so you'd also change the prices. The top prices would stay about the same because there are only so many seats between the 40s and low down. But the mid-range prices would need to come down, and lots more low-price seats would be added. This would bring large numbers of priced-out fans back to the games, and a new supply/demand/price balance would need to be ironed out. What would the final demand be? Don't know. But it would easily be in the low-20s with lowered or no seat fees in the endzones. Remember that there are few if any FCS schools that have higher ticket/seat fee prices than NDSU; and not all that many G5 programs either.

*No, I don't have a clue where the money would come from. This is just a hypothetical to show the point.**

**This is also assuming an enclosed stadium as a replacement. Go with an outdoor stadium and the demand drops through the floor over the long-term. Season ticket sales suffer because people don't want to commit to an entire season when half of the games are miserable. And without season tickets, there go the seat fees that are driving the money bus. At a guess, I bet with an outdoor stadium you'd have barely larger average attendance than now, but with a big drop in overall revenue.

reformedUNDfan
09-04-2019, 11:05 PM
He's actually talking about tickets sold. I think there were only two real sellouts last year(>95% tickets sold). But it doesn't make his point correct. What you're seeing with attendance recently is NDSU finding the sweet spot between supply, demand, and price. With a fixed supply, NDSU has been raising the price of seat fees until the demand of people willing to pay the higher prices equals the fixed supply. That way they're not leaving money on the table. Economics 101.

In a new stadium*, the supply would change, so you'd also change the prices. The top prices would stay about the same because there are only so many seats between the 40s and low down. But the mid-range prices would need to come down, and lots more low-price seats would be added. This would bring large numbers of priced-out fans back to the games, and a new supply/demand/price balance would need to be ironed out. What would the final demand be? Don't know. But it would easily be in the low-20s with lowered or no seat fees in the endzones. Remember that there are few if any FCS schools that have higher ticket/seat fee prices than NDSU; and not all that many G5 programs either.

*No, I don't have a clue where the money would come from. This is just a hypothetical to show the point.**

**This is also assuming an enclosed stadium as a replacement. Go with an outdoor stadium and the demand drops through the floor over the long-term. Season ticket sales suffer because people don't want to commit to an entire season when half of the games are miserable. And without season tickets, there go the seat fees that are driving the money bus. At a guess, I bet with an outdoor stadium you'd have barely larger average attendance than now, but with a big drop in overall revenue.
economics 101 is notoriously horseshit.

what your seeing is just as much that people aren't trying to get tickets because they know they can't get ahold of them

GreenfieldBison
09-04-2019, 11:09 PM
Kansas is the same way. Tailgating goes from early morning to late in the evening.

Used to be the same in Austin. Not sure if it still is that way there.

Christopher Moen
09-04-2019, 11:19 PM
economics 101 is notoriously horseshit.

what your seeing is just as much that people aren't trying to get tickets because they know they can't get ahold of them

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/07/2f/8d/072f8dfddd276ede5e9e39ce5c62f450.gif

bisonp
09-05-2019, 11:43 AM

Sure, if they lowered ticket prices they could sell more tickets. But that would defeat the purpose of a major expansion or new stadium. The finances are a non-starter.

I'd like a bigger stadium as much as anybody else. I just don't see how the economics make sense, especially given that attendance is on a downward trend across the country. On top of that, youth participation in football is declining. For better or worse, maximizing the revenue in the Fargodome is their best option. It's still a very good facility except for the absence of club seating and modern suites. The problem with that is that the city gets the current suite revenue. That would have to change for NDSU to benefit from a renovation.

MankatoBison
09-05-2019, 04:57 PM
The general admission tickets literally sold out in minutes every single year since 2012.
The non sold tickets were students, and student released tickets.

this is an actual fact. People seeing blue in the student section who yell "SeeeEeE?!? TheeErRreEes NoooO DeMaNdDDDd!!" are irredeemable bufoons.

By every single piece of measurable data, there is more demand than there are seats. I'm not suggesting doing a new build- just pointing out that saying "there is no more demand" is to ignore reality

IndyBison
09-05-2019, 06:12 PM
The general admission tickets literally sold out in minutes every single year since 2012.
The non sold tickets were students, and student released tickets.

this is an actual fact. People seeing blue in the student section who yell "SeeeEeE?!? TheeErRreEes NoooO DeMaNdDDDd!!" are irredeemable bufoons.

By every single piece of measurable data, there is more demand than there are seats. I'm not suggesting doing a new build- just pointing out that saying "there is no more demand" is to ignore reality

Some of that demand is from brokers who see an opportunity to sell tickets in the secondary market. Or companies/individuals who are going through multiple avenues to accumulate tickets (i.e. a group of 8 each attempts to get tickets for their group so an apparent demand of 64 is really only a demand for 8). The demand is definitely likely about the current capacity but how much is unknown. The Bison athletic department likely has a pretty good idea though. Anything we are doing is speculation.

bison_by_blood
09-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Some of that demand is from brokers who see an opportunity to sell tickets in the secondary market. Or companies/individuals who are going through multiple avenues to accumulate tickets (i.e. a group of 8 each attempts to get tickets for their group so an apparent demand of 64 is really only a demand for 8). The demand is definitely likely about the current capacity but how much is unknown. The Bison athletic department likely has a pretty good idea though. Anything we are doing is speculation.

Brokers don’t drive demand, they capitalize on it. The fact that tickets regularly go for 3 to 4 times face value on the secondary market is proof of demand. How much demand? That would be speculation.

bisonp
09-05-2019, 07:16 PM
Brokers don’t drive demand, they capitalize on it. The fact that tickets regularly go for 3 to 4 times face value on the secondary market is proof of demand. How much demand? That would be speculation.

Not last year. Plenty of tickets available direct from NDSU during game weeks except SDSU and the semifinal. This is a change from years past. That seems to indicate that whatever demand was last year, it was less than what it was before.

This year started out with a rivalry game. We'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe the uncertainty of a very different team will increase interest this season.

Regardless, this has been gone over enough in past threads, so unless somebody has something new to add I'll leave it at that.

IndyBison
09-05-2019, 09:00 PM

They don't drive demand, but they could contribute to perceived demand. If they think there is demand for tickets they will be as aggressive as possible in purchasing tickets. For example, let's say there are 20k tickets available for an event. If they feel the demand would be 40k they would try to buy as many as possible. Let's just say that number if 5k. Now let's say the actual demand at the original sale was 18k without the brokers and they were able to get 3k of the 5k they tried they now hold inventory. Then they go on the secondary market and list tickets for 3-4x the face value in hopes people will buy. But if the actual demand isn't above 19.5k they will end up dumping those tickets cheap or eating them. So I agree they don't drive demand but their activity could present as artificial demand.

bisonaudit
09-06-2019, 12:17 AM
They don't drive demand, but they could contribute to perceived demand. If they think there is demand for tickets they will be as aggressive as possible in purchasing tickets. For example, let's say there are 20k tickets available for an event. If they feel the demand would be 40k they would try to buy as many as possible. Let's just say that number if 5k. Now let's say the actual demand at the original sale was 18k without the brokers and they were able to get 3k of the 5k they tried they now hold inventory. Then they go on the secondary market and list tickets for 3-4x the face value in hopes people will buy. But if the actual demand isn't above 19.5k they will end up dumping those tickets cheap or eating them. So I agree they don't drive demand but their activity could present as artificial demand.

If you’re the entity selling the tickets, how much do you care? You made your money and eliminated your risk.

Professor Chaos
09-06-2019, 01:52 AM
Not last year. Plenty of tickets available direct from NDSU during game weeks except SDSU and the semifinal. This is a change from years past. That seems to indicate that whatever demand was last year, it was less than what it was before.

This year started out with a rivalry game. We'll see what happens. Who knows, maybe the uncertainty of a very different team will increase interest this season.

Regardless, this has been gone over enough in past threads, so unless somebody has something new to add I'll leave it at that.
I'll add something new. They just sold 35,000 tickets to a game at a baseball field 235 miles from Fargo for a game against Butler.

EC8CH
09-06-2019, 01:54 AM
I'll add something new. They just sold 35,000 tickets to a game at a baseball field 235 miles from Fargo for a game against Butler.

They sold beer.

IndyBison
09-06-2019, 01:55 AM
I'll add something new. They just sold 35,000 tickets to a game at a baseball field 235 miles from Fargo for a game against Butler.That was a unique opportunity to tie into all the Twin Cities alumni that don't travel to Fargo for games. Plus I had several friends from around the country who turned it into as reunion weekend. T doesn't mean they could get 35,000 at every home game.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
09-06-2019, 01:57 AM
They sold beer.

Why did you wait so long to offer that observation?

EC8CH
09-06-2019, 02:01 AM
Why did you wait so long to offer that observation?

Had to finish my beer.

GreenfieldBison
09-06-2019, 02:03 AM
Had to finish my beer.

Ahh, good. Trust the process.

Professor Chaos
09-06-2019, 02:19 AM
That was a unique opportunity to tie into all the Twin Cities alumni that don't travel to Fargo for games. Plus I had several friends from around the country who turned it into as reunion weekend. T doesn't mean they could get 35,000 at every home game.

I wouldn't expect them to draw 35,000 for every home game either but I bet there would be premium games they could get close if they had the capacity. I just find the notion that the Fargodome is right sized pretty ridiculous given what we saw at Target Field this past weekend and the ticket demand we've seen in the last 7+ years.

SDbison
09-06-2019, 02:31 AM
I wouldn't expect them to draw 35,000 for every home game either but I bet there would be premium games they could get close if they had the capacity. I just find the notion that the Fargodome is right sized pretty ridiculous given what we saw at Target Field this past weekend and the ticket demand we've seen in the last 7+ years. Don't even try to convince the backwards, status quo, dorks here at Bisonville that a bigger football venue is needed in the near future. They are happy with the cap at 19,000 forever. If it was up to them horse drawn carriage would still be our primary mode of transportation.

SoCalBison
09-06-2019, 03:12 AM
Don't even try to convince the backwards, status quo, dorks here at Bisonville that a bigger football venue is needed in the near future. They are happy with the cap at 19,000 forever. If it was up to them horse drawn carriage would still be our primary mode of transportation.

"Horseless carriages, you say? Why, that's crazy talk. Don't get a big head."

bisonaudit
09-06-2019, 05:34 AM
Don't even try to convince the backwards, status quo, dorks here at Bisonville that a bigger football venue is needed in the near future. They are happy with the cap at 19,000 forever. If it was up to them horse drawn carriage would still be our primary mode of transportation.

I'm not sure it's so much that as how do you pay for it. No one seems to have a real answer.

B. b. bison
09-06-2019, 08:42 AM
Outside of all the reasons why it won't be possible - Watching the Butler game made me feel like 35k watching the Bison was more representative of where we are at as a program than 19k.

23Bison
09-06-2019, 12:08 PM
Newer competition might help with attendance a little too with the curiosity factor.

bisonp
09-06-2019, 01:03 PM
I wouldn't expect them to draw 35,000 for every home game either but I bet there would be premium games they could get close if they had the capacity. I just find the notion that the Fargodome is right sized pretty ridiculous given what we saw at Target Field this past weekend and the ticket demand we've seen in the last 7+ years.

Nobody builds stadiums anymore sized for one event per year. Except perhaps SDSU, who fills theirs once every two years because they thought it was a dick measuring contest. The idea most all sports teams adhere to today is not to maximize attendance, but to maximize overall revenue, which brings us to...

I'm not sure it's so much that as how do you pay for it. No one seems to have a real answer.

I don't see any way a new stadium could earn more profits than the Fargodome does. Unless somebody donates $200+ million.

It's not about being stuck in the past. It's nice to dream but nobody has any ideas on how to pay for it. If anything, the people who believe they should build a 30,000 seat stadium because they may fill it once in a while are the ones stuck in the past.

GreenfieldBison
09-06-2019, 01:30 PM
For a little perspective:

TCF Bank stadium - 50,800 expandable to 80,000. ~ $305M. No roof

US Bank stadium - 66,500 capacity. - $1B with roof

Twin Cities metro population - 3.28 million.

What is the population of FM metro?

El_Chapo
09-06-2019, 02:40 PM
bad comparison for attendence. do Lincoln or Ames or Manhattan next!

NDSU could fill a 35,000 easily! 45,000 is the sweet spot for Fargo and NDSU ... why you ask?

because the 2nd deck would had 10-15,000 seats at $25/ticket with no donation required. Cheap small town nodaker's would devour that! right now you can't get into Fargodome for $50...

23Bison
09-06-2019, 02:52 PM
I think 30,000 is about right with the possibility to expand 38,000 Something like the Saskatchewan Roughriders Mosaic Stadium with a roof. Cost probably around $310 mill. No small chunk of change.

I’m an expert.

MankatoBison
09-06-2019, 02:55 PM

NDSU could fill a 35,000 easily! 45,000 is the sweet spot for Fargo and NDSU ... why you ask?

because the 2nd deck would had 10-15,000 seats at $25/ticket with no donation required. Cheap small town nodaker's would devour that! right now you can't get into Fargodome for $50...

not sure about THAT, lets not get carried away. although it is true that a 100$ donation plus $50/ticket couldnt get me into any of my top TWO games this year for 2 tickets. so there is an element of truth in there. I go to one game a year unless there is a special occasion like Target field or the SDSU game this year. I have been to more than 1 game precisely 0 times because I cant get more tix than that unless I exclusively want to see the cupcake games or go over hunting. If prices were lower, and tickets more accessible i would go to at least 4 games including playoffs annually.

Realistically, I think we could maybe do 23-28ish per game (VERY similar to Montana IMO), and that would be considering adding a significant number of seats with no donation.

I am not negating the "HOW DO WE PAY FOR IT" argument, I'm strictly talking about how much TRUE demand is there?

23Bison
09-06-2019, 03:00 PM
This is pretty realistic with who we play right now. With a little better competition than what we are seeing now we could probably draw 30,000 depending on the opponent.

G_Funky
09-06-2019, 03:38 PM
Better competition in the form of whom? Home/Home with a MAC or maybe a CUSA school? Im not sure a Home/Home with even a perennial FCS playoff team would make the general population look twice. Hell, Colgate beat JMU last year before coming to Fargo and the attendance was somewhere in the 15kish range. People didnt care bc they had no idea who the hell Colgate was. I also highly doubt the "big boys" of FCS (JMU, EWU, Maine, JSU, Central Ark) are going to want to bite on a home/home when they can go play an FBS match up, get paid, and then wrap their noncon with a couple cupcakes.

The MoVal offers up several marquee match ups each year, many times pinning top 10 foes against each other.

The issue is accessibility. For me personally, I dont go to games because I cant get tickets. And even if I could, with a family of 5 Im looking at at least $250 to just get in the door. I am interested in what Montana, James Madison, or Jacksonville State charges for single game tickets.

23Bison
09-06-2019, 03:55 PM
I do think a home/home with MAC and CUSA teams would bring more people right away because it’s FBS competition and new. Colgate is a bad example. They are in a shit conference although they did beat JMU last year I personally had never heard of them and also knew what that game was going to be like before the coin toss because of the conference they play in. Teams such as NIU or Toledo would have a bit of interest because they are known to be towards the top of their conference on the regular. Now I’m not going to pretend these games would be definite sell outs but yes I do honestly believe the attendance would be quite a bit higher than playing say USD.

And I’m not talking about selling out the Fargo Dome. Was speaking about the hypothetical 30,000 seat stadium.

GreenfieldBison
09-06-2019, 03:58 PM

Fair point in terms of market size and fan intensity. However in all three locations there is no roof required and thus construction and operational costs are much lower. I mean, how much does UN pay to heat Memorial Stadium?

Bison 4 Life
09-06-2019, 04:02 PM
I would say, maybe 25k. About the size of WaGrizz.

Chapo's ass must include some dimensional gateway with as much stuff as he pulls out of it.

MankatoBison
09-06-2019, 04:43 PM
I am interested in what Montana, James Madison, or Jacksonville State charges for single game tickets.

JMU: the perennial kings of the FCS, who have combined for the last 8 national championships with NDSU charge 15-30 dollars for a ticket depending on the matchup. Season tickets start as low as $218 per seat AFTER Duke Club donations. Tickets available for all games

Montana: 34-57$ depending on the opponent. Tickets available for all games

Fear the Beak U: a season ticket on the friggen 50yd line is $70. no donation required

MankatoBison
09-06-2019, 04:45 PM
JMU: the perennial kings of the FCS, who have combined for the last 8 national championships with NDSU charge 15-30 dollars for a ticket depending on the matchup. Season tickets start as low as $218 per seat AFTER Duke Club donations. Tickets available for all games

Fear the Beak U: a season ticket on the friggen 50yd line is $70. no donation required

I had to donate $100 and pay $54/ticket to see the UC davis game this year.

Literally for that price, I could have had Season tickets for JMU or JSU.

"but there's NoOoOoO dEmAnDDDDddddDd for MoRe sEaTTTTts at the DoMEee"

EC8CH
09-06-2019, 05:12 PM

The numbers don't lie.

bisonp
09-06-2019, 05:54 PM
I had to donate $100 and pay $54/ticket to see the UC davis game this year.

Literally for that price, I could have had Season tickets for JMU or JSU.

"but there's NoOoOoO dEmAnDDDDddddDd for MoRe sEaTTTTts at the DoMEee"

I agreed they could sell more tickets if they lowered prices. But lowering prices defeats the point of building a new stadium or significantly expanding the Dome because it's all about overall revenue.

The cheapest Vikings tickets I was able to get this year were $70 each and a couple rows from the very top of the stadium against Detroit. Does that mean the Vikings should have spent an extra billion dollars to build a 100,000 seat stadium and then lower prices to fill it?

OrygunBison
09-06-2019, 07:09 PM

A second deck is the most expensive option in building a stadium so there is no way that NDSU would do that and then load it up with cheap seats. The easiest (least expensive) way to build an outdoor stadium would be similar to how Autzen is put together, meaning dig down, berm up, offices and locker rooms elsewhere. Outdoor concourse that is uncovered, limited cover anywhere but maybe at concessions, which would be up top. Need to think mini-Autzen rather than comparing with TCF or US Bank.

oldmantutters
09-06-2019, 07:12 PM
A second deck is the most expensive option in building a stadium so there is no way that NDSU would do that and then load it up with cheap seats. The easiest (least expensive) way to build an outdoor stadium would be similar to how Autzen is put together, meaning dig down, berm up, offices and locker rooms elsewhere. Outdoor concourse that is uncovered, limited cover anywhere but maybe at concessions, which would be up top. Need to think mini-Autzen rather than comparing with TCF or US Bank.

This has been my thoughts for a while. Couple that with a roof over the stands with in-ground heat and infrared heating around the facility, done deal!

JMUVtFan
09-06-2019, 07:19 PM
They sold beer.
JMU will start doing that this year. I think if it can be done responsibly it is good for everyone. Keeps fans interested in going, interested in staying (during bad weather or a blowout) and money back to the University.

OrygunBison
09-06-2019, 07:38 PM
This has been my thoughts for a while. Couple that with a roof over the stands with in-ground heat and infrared heating around the facility, done deal!

No. NDSU will only be able to afford concrete into the earth. No roof, no snazzy options to keep people warm other than possible liquor sales. This only makes sense with an FBS move as there won't be home games in December anymore.

A future expansion would bring a roof, perhaps similar to the stadium in Frisco.

Now that I think about it more, that might be a perfect stadium example. That indoor club area in the endzone could be used for other events throughout the year.

GCWaters
09-06-2019, 07:55 PM
JMU will start doing that this year. I think if it can be done responsibly it is good for everyone. Keeps fans interested in going, interested in staying (during bad weather or a blowout) and money back to the University.

Looks like Georgia Southern is adding beer sales, too

Edit: looks like outside the stadium, pregame only...

MankatoBison
09-06-2019, 08:23 PM
I agreed they could sell more tickets if they lowered prices. But lowering prices defeats the point of building a new stadium or significantly expanding the Dome because it's all about overall revenue.

The cheapest Vikings tickets I was able to get this year were $70 each and a couple rows from the very top of the stadium against Detroit. Does that mean the Vikings should have spent an extra billion dollars to build a 100,000 seat stadium and then lower prices to fill it?

SHOCKINGLY, some stadiums seat more than ours AND they make more money! Do you really think that revenue and attendance are mutually exclusive?

Obviously you cant just remove all donations for seats and replace them with $20 tickets. Literally no one is suggesting that. The whole argument is that if ANYTHING is done (in the FFD or new) they would likely require more seats, and requisite premium areas as well. Its a pretty easy math problem considering virtually every single major football and basketball program in the country have been able to figure it out.

This is a VERY simplified version of the math problem:

6,000 General admission tickets $50 = 300,000
12,000 premium/donation seats $100 = 1,200,000
Theoretical total Revenue: 1,500,000
An average revenue of $83/fan

Lets add 4k GA Cheap seats and lower the price, keep 7k Premium seats as is, but increase the experience for the remaining 5k premium seats and the donation for each seat

10,000 GA tickets @ $35 =$350,000
7,000 Premium tix @ 100 = 700,000
3,000 Extra Premium tix @ 200 = 600,000
2,000 Mega Premium tix at @300 = 600,000
Theoretical Total : $2,250,000
Average revenue/fan = $102.27

You can increase seats AND revenue per fan at the same time. Youre saying that they are mutually exclusive and that simply isnt true. I know we cant snap our fingers and make this happen, but we can increase revenue, and add cheap tickets and even lower the cost of some tickets

DM05
09-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Isn't the legislature taking comments on how to spend the $6 billion Legacy Fund? Take a billion, split it, build GFCC a non-nazi backed sheet of ice so they can't bitch about NDSU getting state funding. 500 mil should be enough for a roof....

Oh wait....this is reality. We'll actually have to consider how to pay for this thing.

bisonaudit
09-07-2019, 05:12 AM
SHOCKINGLY, some stadiums seat more than ours AND they make more money! Do you really think that revenue and attendance are mutually exclusive?

Obviously you cant just remove all donations for seats and replace them with $20 tickets. Literally no one is suggesting that. The whole argument is that if ANYTHING is done (in the FFD or new) they would likely require more seats, and requisite premium areas as well. Its a pretty easy math problem considering virtually every single major football and basketball program in the country have been able to figure it out.

This is a VERY simplified version of the math problem:

6,000 General admission tickets $50 = 300,000
12,000 premium/donation seats $100 = 1,200,000
Theoretical total Revenue: 1,500,000
An average revenue of $83/fan

Lets add 4k GA Cheap seats and lower the price, keep 7k Premium seats as is, but increase the experience for the remaining 5k premium seats and the donation for each seat

10,000 GA tickets @ $35 =$350,000
7,000 Premium tix @ 100 = 700,000
3,000 Extra Premium tix @ 200 = 600,000
2,000 Mega Premium tix at @300 = 600,000
Theoretical Total : $2,250,000
Average revenue/fan = $102.27

You can increase seats AND revenue per fan at the same time. Youre saying that they are mutually exclusive and that simply isnt true. I know we cant snap our fingers and make this happen, but we can increase revenue, and add cheap tickets and even lower the cost of some tickets

Even if your numbers are accepted at face value an increase of $750,000 per game wouldn’t the interest let alone pay down the debt on a new facility. That math is pretty straight forward as well.

Hammerhead
09-07-2019, 12:43 PM
Even if your numbers are accepted at face value an increase of $750,000 per game wouldn’t the interest let alone pay down the debt on a new facility. That math is pretty straight forward as well.

Plus those premium seats bring in more than $100. As someone else mentioned, 5 years of being a Team Maker close to the minimum donation didn't even get us single-game tickets for our top 3 choices. Some people (companies) donate a boat load of money for the best seats.

NDSU92
09-07-2019, 01:18 PM

Probably a good thing events wouldn’t be restricted to just Bison football games then?

What college football stadium in FCS or even FBS is expected to pay for itself based off 6-7 football games each year?

bisonaudit
09-07-2019, 04:40 PM
Probably a good thing events wouldn’t be restricted to just Bison football games then?

What college football stadium in FCS or even FBS is expected to pay for itself based off 6-7 football games each year?

Well, you’d have the dome to compete with for every other non University event so you’d probably both be worse off than the status quo.

turkeybucket
09-07-2019, 04:57 PM
The cheapest option to sell more tickets is probably to add seating to the 4 corners of the dome. I don't know what it would cost or how many seats could be added, but it's way cheaper than building a new stadium. Those would be some of the worst seats in the house, but it does get more people into the game.

reformedUNDfan
09-07-2019, 05:16 PM
The cheapest option to sell more tickets is probably to add seating to the 4 corners of the dome. I don't know what it would cost or how many seats could be added, but it's way cheaper than building a new stadium. Those would be some of the worst seats in the house, but it does get more people into the game.

build new boxes on the west wall remove the north press box, and replace the old boxes with general seating and bathrooms, add the south end club seating that was proposed a couple years ago, and add a second deck of SRO viewing.

that should get to about 21-22k

GreenfieldBison
09-07-2019, 05:30 PM
build new boxes on the west wall remove the north press box, and replace the old boxes with general seating and bathrooms, add the south end club seating that was proposed a couple years ago, and add a second deck of SRO viewing.

that should get to about 21-22k

Are you going to offer a bid with that plan? :-)

reformedUNDfan
09-07-2019, 05:56 PM
Are you going to offer a bid with that plan? :-)

nope, just how to do it.

I think every component has been on the drawing board at some point or another

AKBison
09-07-2019, 06:48 PM
nope, just how to do it.

I think every component has been on the drawing board at some point or another

Since we're playing this game...new roof, complete the bowl, double deck suites that start at the end of the East side, wrap around the endzone, go along the West side and then wrap around the SEZ. Upper deck on the east side. Seating for 28k, standing room only to 30,001.

NDSU raises money to cover cost of suites and east side upper deck. FFD covers the roof. NDSU then owns and leases suites.

B. b. bison
09-07-2019, 09:11 PM
"We gotta play better" - Bubba Schweigert

Good luck with that.

Twincitybizon
09-08-2019, 01:28 AM
Lack of pass rush is concerning.
Lbs (not jabril) seem a bit slow reading and reacting. Imo Jaxon is 2nd best lb
Holy penalties Batman.
Click management before the half...... Why.....
Happy tutsie flashed

bisonaudit
09-08-2019, 02:05 AM
I get everyone wanted to see the two minute offense at the end of the 2nd qtr, but devils advocate, they need to practice executing the 5 minute offense as well.

CalBison97
09-08-2019, 02:30 AM
I get everyone wanted to see the two minute offense at the end of the 2nd qtr, but devils advocate, they need to practice executing the 5 minute offense as well.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190908/c4740fd1ddf18ebfd6626d61ad1293c7.gif

GreenfieldBison
09-08-2019, 03:11 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190908/c4740fd1ddf18ebfd6626d61ad1293c7.gif

(It’s the one that burns off clock when we have a big lead)

IndyBison
09-13-2019, 05:28 AM
My game this week is at Indiana Wesleyan. My prep includes watching some of their game last week. They lost to Butler in OT. It's strange watching this thinking, "this is the team that played the Bison the previous week." It's probably as close as I'll get to working a Bison game!

IndyBison
09-16-2019, 04:43 AM
Butler played another NAIA school in our conference (Taylor) this weekend and lost by 3. It's still pretty good football but not at the level of NDSU. My game was produced by a local company but they streamed through ESPN3. If you are really bored looking for an exciting football game check it out. It came down to a late FG.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?categoryId=60459870-f8fc-3b3a-a6b9-d8af4bf19223&id=a9ca2088-e555-4336-93df-13220bf153d1

Professorbum
09-16-2019, 06:11 AM
Butler played another NAIA school in our conference (Taylor) this weekend and lost by 3. It's still pretty good football but not at the level of NDSU. My game was produced by a local company but they streamed through ESPN3. If you are really bored looking for an exciting football game check it out. It came down to a late FG.

https://www.espn.com/watch/player?categoryId=60459870-f8fc-3b3a-a6b9-d8af4bf19223&id=a9ca2088-e555-4336-93df-13220bf153d1

No disrespect to Taylor...but as if we needed more evidence that FCS in the aggregate has become a joke. When FCS teams lose to NAIA teams, it is time to re-evaluate whether we're playing at the right level. If necessary, I'd even apply for a waiver and go Indy. Plenty of other independents now with which to schedule home and homes. Or maybe some here would just as soon have us play Taylor like our peers do.

IndyBison
09-16-2019, 11:57 AM
No disrespect to Taylor...but as if we needed more evidence that FCS in the aggregate has become a joke. When FCS teams lose to NAIA teams, it is time to re-evaluate whether we're playing at the right level. If necessary, I'd even apply for a waiver and go Indy. Plenty of other independents now with which to schedule home and homes. Or maybe some here would just as soon have us play Taylor like our peers do.The Pioneer conference is essentially a good D3 conference since they are D1 schools that don't give athletic scholarships for football. They probably have bigger endowments than D3 schools so they can provide more academic money in recruiting and you get access to other D1 athletics. NAIA is better football than D3 so there is no shame in a D3 school losing to an NAIA school or in this case a modified D3 school playing FCS. These teams are in the same conference so they mostly play each other.

The reason for this is all these schools used to be D3 football but D1 everything else. About 20 years ago the NCAA passed legislation you needed to participate in the same level for all sports assuming your level had a Championship for that sport. This was their solution. They are mostly very good schools that are academic peers. Butler, Dayton, and Valpo are all very well respected schools in this area.

Bisonator98
09-16-2019, 12:03 PM
What they need to do is force these schools to either fund the sports they want to be in, get to the level they belong or get rid of the sports they obviously don't care about. It's a joke lumping all these different levels of support into the same divisions. If you want to be a D1 school you should have to support all your D1 programs. If you can't then you are in the wrong division!

WeAreThePride
09-16-2019, 12:10 PM
What they need to do is force these schools to either fund the sports they want to be in, get to the level they belong or get rid of the sports they obviously don't care about. It's a joke lumping all these different levels of support into the same divisions. If you want to be a D1 school you should have to support all your D1 programs. If you can't then you are in the wrong division!
Why? They’ve found a system that works for them. What business is it of ours?

bisonaudit
09-16-2019, 12:26 PM
This is about basketball money. Why would you throw that away on a football team when you could just put it in your pocket?

IndyBison
09-16-2019, 12:30 PM
This is about basketball money. Why would you throw that away on a football team when you could just put it in your pocket?Because alumni still love to come back to campus in the Fall and watch a football game on a Saturday afternoon. The Pioneer League does not hurt the FCS brand at all. Most people understand they are different (similar to Ivy and HBCU being a different flavor of FCS).

NovaBison
09-16-2019, 12:33 PM

Ran into a former Georgetown University football player (from their D3 era), and asked him why they continue to play football at the D1 level, suggesting they could make it a club sport instead... he said that some of their big donors insist that they keep football as a varsity sport... I am sure it's that way at a lot of those schools.

Bisonator98
09-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Why? They’ve found a system that works for them. What business is it of ours?

Because the product sucks. Go play club if you don't want to spend money on the sport.

Bisonator98
09-16-2019, 12:37 PM
Ran into a former Georgetown University football player (from their D3 era), and asked him why they continue to play football at the D1 level, suggesting they could make it a club sport instead... he said that some of their big donors insist that they keep football as a varsity sport... I am sure it's that way at a lot of those schools.

Like I said the NCAA should make them either pay to play or kick them to the club level.

bruinbison
09-16-2019, 06:21 PM
Will MAC schools be forced to fund football at P5 levels??? :)

IndyBison
09-16-2019, 06:31 PM
Because the product sucks. Go play club if you don't want to spend money on the sport.

They are spending plenty of money on the sport. They just aren't funding scholarships, at least not on the athletic side. Butler for example has invested a lot money into their stadium, completely redid their locker rooms in Hinkle Fieldhouse (part of an overall renovation), they pay coaches, athletic administration, game day staff, etc. so there is definitely high expense there. I don't know if they break even, but I assume they do. They don't use football revenue to fund the rest of their athletic programs like many other schools (that often comes from basketball), but it's still a key part of their athletic program. Using this logic every D3 school should drop football as well. It serves a different purpose than NDSU, but it's not a bad thing. It doesn't hurt us at all.