PDA

View Full Version : ROB HUNT RELEASED

sambini
08-31-2005, 12:04 AM
Ijust heard on KX4 sports at 530 ROB HUNT was released by the Colts. That is a shock.

insane_ponderer
08-31-2005, 01:15 AM
thats completely ridiculous...i would really be curious what the situation was that caused him to be let go.

no worries, some other team will pick him up and the colts will be sorry.

MinotBison
08-31-2005, 01:37 AM
Don't veterans sometimes get released and then re-signed for a lower salary? Not sure how it is for rookies.

Gamehunter
08-31-2005, 01:39 AM
It is possible Rob didn't fit in well with their offense. I have confidence he will find a good home with another program though.

kchats
08-31-2005, 02:00 AM
Arizona is low on centers and Denver is having trouble with their offensive line. The Rams also could use help.

Uni_of_No_Diks
08-31-2005, 03:01 AM
hey now...

Dont be homer's..... face facts....... 5th round is a dangerous spot to be as a player..

you're resorted basically to the fact that your' gonna be on a practice squad... and stuff... ya know..

and if your cut.. you have to pray to get on another teams practice squad once the season starts..

sooo.. rob will have to keep working out and wait til the season starts and get on a practice squad...

good luck...

kchats
08-31-2005, 03:04 AM
There was a quote on another thread that said the Colts told him he would probably be on the practice squad there. Big paycut though.

Bisonguy
08-31-2005, 04:31 AM
From the WDAY 10:00 news-

Injuries on the Colts D line created the need for extra cuts. Rob was cut on sunday, but his agent was apparently getting calls about him on monday from other teams that are interested.

Big_BisonFan
08-31-2005, 03:35 PM
Although this could be considered a negative, it could be a blessing in disguise for Rob. He could catch on with a team that needs immediate help. Or he could be picked up on a practice squad. Practice squad duty isn't all that bad, he gets to improve and is still being paid to play football. Also, it took Jared Peck a few years of being shuffled around and now he is a solid 2nd stringer for the Falcons.

Good Luck to Rob, there is a place in the NFL for his size, speed, leadership, and ability.

go_bison
08-31-2005, 04:32 PM
Where did you here/see that Jared Peck is 2nd string for the Falcons? I have only seen him listed as the #4 TE. I hope he moves up the depth chart that would be sweet. All I have been hearing this pre-season is our Bison players moving down the depth chart (Gordon, Hunt). :'(

IowaBison
08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
That's the official word too:

http://www.atlantafalcons.com/team/depthChart.jsp

Big_BisonFan
08-31-2005, 05:03 PM
My bad, he was 2nd string at the start of the preseason. Saw good playing time in the game in Tokyo.

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah
08-31-2005, 05:49 PM
Arizona is low on centers and Denver is having trouble with their offensive line. *The Rams also could use help.

Did any of you guys watch the Indy-Denver game? The Colts line looked like it was struggling to. It seems that the line has been struggling the entire pre-season (shown in the O's struggles) That's what shocks me about this cut. I guess maybe they are trying to bring in a vet or something?

jjbluecw
08-31-2005, 05:53 PM
Did any of you guys watch the Indy-Denver game? The Colts line looked like it was struggling to. It seems that the line has been struggling the entire pre-season (shown in the O's struggles) That's what shocks me about this cut. I guess maybe they are trying to bring in a vet or something?

Yeah, I don't get it. Saturday is hurt, so they are down to one healthy center right now if Rob was indeed 3rd on the depth chart.

bisonfan5959
09-03-2005, 05:59 PM
Where did you here/see that Jared Peck is 2nd string for the Falcons? I have only seen him listed as the #4 TE. I hope he moves up the depth chart that would be sweet. All I have been hearing this pre-season is our Bison players moving down the depth chart (Gordon, Hunt).

Yeah that is unfortunate but it seems as though you forgetting about Isaac Snell Who has been moving up all of camp.

sambini
09-03-2005, 06:03 PM
I heard Rob was working out for Atlanta and possiblly Denver?

insane_ponderer
09-03-2005, 11:43 PM
how has snell been doing...is there a chance he makes the roster or is he for sure a practice squader?