PDA

View Full Version : Its Pretty Amazing

NDSUSR
08-11-2019, 05:10 AM
Watching Stick highlights tonight it kind of hit me. It is pretty amazing what NDSU football has accomplished.
Unrivaled championship wins, ESPN Gamesdays, Sports Center shows, potential MVP QB, Stick doing well, Shep doing the leap, other players doing very well in the NFL, sellout crowds nonstop, 30k+ tickets sold vs Butler 300 miles from Fargo, multiple coaching staff changes without regressing, and on and on and on..... Its very remarkable and we are all crazy spoiled for being able to be a part of it. All this from a little berg in the middle of nowhere N.D. Its just crazy.

:cheers:

Sun Bison
08-11-2019, 05:26 AM
It certainly is. Given its location and budget, NDSU shouldn't be able to do what it has. OK, it has a big budget for football among FCS peers, but also think of basketball. I really has been a golden age for NDSU in terms of national presence.

CaBisonFan
08-11-2019, 07:19 PM
...and it will continue...with some peaks and valleys. The caliber of play is the key.

Buffalo.Rider
08-11-2019, 10:15 PM
Pat Simmers deserves significant credit for a lot this ongoing success.

He was the head of Teammakers and this is what most people know him for.
However, he also knew what to look for in the kids who got recruited beyond their talent, and he expected excellence from everyone.
No proof, but I'll go out on a limb and state it here - he influenced player decisions and was sought out for his advice by the coaches and ADs.
He is one of the few people who was there through the transition and all the FCS Nattys.