PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under 2 Losses in 2019

heffray
08-01-2019, 02:24 AM
...before the playoffs...

Ready. Set. Go.

NDSU1980
08-01-2019, 02:47 AM
As I said earlier, UNDER. One loss, to Illinois State before the playoffs. No losses during the playoffs.

El_Chapo
08-01-2019, 03:24 AM
Under . NDSU program doesn't belong in the FCS...

they should be undefeated every year since 2011. (all of the 8 losses were 1 scores cept at uni)

natstar1
08-01-2019, 05:33 AM
Under . NDSU program doesn't belong in the FCS...

they should be undefeated every year since 2011. (all of the 8 losses were 1 scores cept at uni)
JMU was a 10 point loss.
I counted 25 wins by one score. Unrealistic to think you should go 31-0 in close games.

I think this season has a chance to be one of the worst in the past 9 years. Lots of variables in play with the players we lost and the new coaching staff.

heffray
08-01-2019, 11:53 AM
JMU was a 10 point loss.
I counted 25 wins by one score. Unrealistic to think you should go 31-0 in close games.

I think this season has a chance to be one of the worst in the past 9 years. Lots of variables in play with the players we lost and the new coaching staff.

I’ll score this one as “over”...

23Bison
08-01-2019, 01:49 PM
Under

The answer is 0 losses for the 2019-20 season.

Hammerhead
08-01-2019, 02:05 PM
I'm not a big gambler, but shouldn't it be over/under 1.5 or 2.5 games? I'm going with one loss and new member of the trophy case. Mrs. Hammerhead isn't as confident since she didn't want to buy tickets to the SDSU game until she knew we had a good team. :(

Bisonator98
08-01-2019, 04:54 PM
2 regular season losses - UC Davis out scores us and we have a conference clunker

Probably lose in the semi's on the road......I mean we can't keep winning titles every year and this is a good opportunity to lose with new staff and QB........

CaBisonFan
08-01-2019, 05:10 PM
There isn't a game that the Bison shouldn't win. 0 losses

heffray
08-01-2019, 10:00 PM
I'm not a big gambler, but shouldn't it be over/under 1.5 or 2.5 games? I'm going with one loss and new member of the trophy case. Mrs. Hammerhead isn't as confident since she didn't want to buy tickets to the SDSU game until she knew we had a good team. :(

You are right, but I feel like 2 is a really safe answer so I wanted to push people to selecting more or less than that. You can push if you really want, but we reserve the right to make fun of you, kornheiser always does to wilbaun.

Tony Almeida
08-01-2019, 10:17 PM
2 to 3 sounds about right. Delaware, UC Davis, Illinois St, Youngstown St, the bunnies, and UNI are all going to be tough games...something might give with the new faces in coaching and certain positions.

MinotBison
08-01-2019, 10:44 PM
2 to 3 sounds about right. Delaware, UC Davis, Illinois St, Youngstown St, the bunnies, and UNI are all going to be tough games...something might give with the new faces in coaching and certain positions.

Or, something might also click.

natstar1
08-02-2019, 12:36 AM

I think sometimes they aren't with a .5 added. 2 does seem like the perfect number.

If it was set at 2.5 the under would be (-180) and the over (+220). Am I way off on that, Bowler/Audit?

X-Factor
08-02-2019, 12:54 AM
JMU was a 10 point loss.

There is a lot of truth here. This year’s team should be quite good, and I’d say especially so on defense. The defense alone is probably good enough to win another natty. With that said, this season....pumping the brakes are in order. New QB, and I’d honestly be quite concerned with this receiving corpse even if Easton was the one throwing. There are going to be a lot of frustrating times watching these young men grow up, it’s the nature of the beast after some of the experienced seniors we’ve had.

Forgot to add that given what we have at WR, losing Seth Wilson is going to hurt that much more. He would have been a huge element of the passing and run game

CalBison97
08-02-2019, 05:44 AM
UND going undefeated would be equivalent to us losing 3 regular season games. Impossible. We MAY lose 1 but no more than that...for the season.

cbline
08-02-2019, 12:53 PM
There is a lot of truth here. This year’s team should be quite good, and I’d say especially so on defense. The defense alone is probably good enough to win another natty. With that said, this season....pumping the brakes are in order. New QB, and I’d honestly be quite concerned with this receiving corpse even if Easton was the one throwing. There are going to be a lot of frustrating times watching these young men grow up, it’s the nature of the beast after some of the experienced seniors we’ve had.

Forgot to add that given what we have at WR, losing Seth Wilson is going to hurt that much more. He would have been a huge element of the passing and run game

Should be "corps." Freudian slip??? :)

EC8CH
08-02-2019, 01:27 PM
UnDeFeatEd!

#TheyH8UsCauseThey8ntUs

tony
08-09-2019, 12:00 PM
I'm going to go over - 3 losses.

NDSU might have lost one of the best senior classes in history plus Brock Robbins. The loss of experience that is the biggest deal, but the loss of talent is huge too. Stick-Shepherd alone were the offensive difference makers in the last two championships - they had a combination of talent and experience that were not going to see this year.

Throughout NDSU's history, the Bison have beaten more talented teams because of their superior experience and execution. They are going to need to grow up quickly this year so that they are playing like vets by the time the playoffs roll around, and I think that they'll take some L's on the way.

WYOBISONMAN
08-09-2019, 01:29 PM
I would think that we are going to see some losses this year. We are rebuilding and have lost a lot. I would go with 3. Probably not a number 1 or 2 seed so we will fight to get to Frisco again. That being said, I think if the injuries don't plague us and some luck we could repeat. Because of the unknowns this will be a very exciting season!

El_Chapo
08-09-2019, 02:05 PM
i saw a practice this week.

any loss would be a failure for this team
Stacked w Depth.

KSBisonFan
08-09-2019, 03:20 PM
i saw a practice this week.

any loss would be a failure for this team
Stacked w Depth.

But lack experience in key positions, including the coaching staff.

Mr Meaty
08-09-2019, 03:26 PM
I will take the under on this.

EC8CH
08-09-2019, 03:29 PM
But lack experience in key positions, including the coaching staff.

But what appears to be monster O and D lines. The Defense overall I don't expect much of a drop off with Cox, Tuzska, Hendrix, plus a lot of impressive younger talent. I think it's gonna be a fun year.

KSBisonFan
08-09-2019, 03:36 PM
But what appears to be monster O and D lines. The Defense overall I don't expect much of a drop off with Cox, Tuzska, Hendrix, plus a lot of impressive younger talent. I think it's gonna be a fun year.

Agreed. Our line play should be awesome on both sides of the ball.

Twincitybizon
08-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Agreed. Our line play should be awesome on both sides of the ball.

Should, though if weage is delayed that is an issue. He's a key cog to the d line

Professor Chaos
08-09-2019, 03:49 PM
Should, though if weage is delayed that is an issue. He's a key cog to the d line
FWIW, they listed Waege as a backup to Tuzska on the depth chart dispersed at media day this week. Logan McCormick was listed as the other starting DE. Of course having depth on the D-line has always been a key for the Bison but if Waege has to miss the first couple games I think they'll be just fine. I've said it elsewhere but I think Ogbu is the guy to watch on the D-line this year.

Twincitybizon
08-09-2019, 03:57 PM
FWIW, they listed Waege as a backup to Tuzska on the depth chart dispersed at media day this week. Logan McCormick was listed as the other starting DE. Of course having depth on the D-line has always been a key for the Bison but if Waege has to miss the first couple games I think they'll be just fine. I've said it elsewhere but I think Ogbu is the guy to watch on the D-line this year.

I like his versatility to play inside as well as DE. We are a bit thinner/untested inside

EC8CH
08-09-2019, 04:07 PM
I've said it elsewhere but I think Ogbu is the guy to watch on the D-line this year.

Sounds like he'll start out in 3rd down packages. Definitely a player to watch.

Bisman
08-09-2019, 04:33 PM
Sounds like he'll start out in 3rd down packages. Definitely a player to watch.

Bartholomew Ogbu and Derek Tuszka were both sprinters in high school. I think they both ran 11.52s in the 100 meters.

reformedUNDfan
08-09-2019, 08:48 PM
heading to Oregon with 37 consecutive wins

89MTBISON
08-09-2019, 09:18 PM
Thought I heard Entz say Tuszka is nursing a hamstring. Plenty of questions on the d line interior. Karcz and Darnell are somewhat known commodities, didn't see much of Biegler last year. Evans must be very impressive to make the two deep as a red shirt Fr.

Twincitybizon
08-09-2019, 09:46 PM
Thought I heard Entz say Tuszka is nursing a hamstring. Plenty of questions on the d line interior. Karcz and Darnell are somewhat known commodities, didn't see much of Biegler last year. Evans must be very impressive to make the two deep as a red shirt Fr.

Coach had good things to say about biegler on 1660

heffray
08-10-2019, 08:00 PM
heading to Oregon with 37 consecutive wins

Thats “Under,” right? ;)

heffray
08-10-2019, 08:04 PM
Count so far:

Overs: 5
Unders: 8
1 cowardly push