PDA

View Full Version : Bison Fan Day set for August at the Fargodome 13 August 2019

imabison
07-16-2019, 01:05 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/3972658-Bison-Fan-Day-set-for-August-at-the-Fargodome

FARGO — Bison Fan Day xx scheduled to be held Tuesday, Aug. 13, the North Dakota State athletic xxxxxx announced Monday.

Fan Day is free and open to the public and runs from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. at Gate City Bank Field at the Fargodome with Bison fall sports teams and coaches in attendance.

There will be a headrest cover giveaway for the first 1,400 fans, inflatable games, free NDSU yard signs (one per person or two per family), posters, autographs and schedule cards.

Bison Fan Day presented by @MidcoSN will be held Tuesday, Aug. 13 from 6-8pm at the @fdome, mark your calendars Bison fans! #GoBison pic.twitter.com/U0qW9yQnPk

— NDSU Athletics (@NDSUathletics) July 15, 2019

bruinbison
07-16-2019, 05:02 PM
And for those outstate who want yard signs & such

Third Annual NDSU Pioneer Tailgate Tour Making Eight Stops in July

https://gobison.com/news/2019/7/8/general-third-annual-ndsu-pioneer-tailgate-tour-making-eight-stops-in-july.aspx

Wednesday, July 24

Litchville – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Litchville Community Center
500 3rd Ave.
Litchville, ND 58461

Carrington – 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
NDSU Carrington Research Extension Center
663 Hwy 281 N.
Carrington, ND 58421

McClusky – 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Midstate Ag
910 4th St. E.
McClusky, ND 58463

Thursday, July 25

Hunter – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Rush River Seed & Chemical
605 1st St. W.
Hunter, ND 58048

St. Thomas – 4:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
On-Target Ag Services
8830 146th Ave. NE
St. Thomas, ND 58276

Friday, July 26

Wahpeton – 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Corteva Production Plant
17835 ND-13
Wahpeton, ND 58075

Barnesville – 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Blue Eagle Park
160th Ave. S. and 4th St. NE
Barnesville, MN 56514

Tuesday, July 30

Mahnomen – 11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Select Ag
1605 250th St.
Mahnomen, MN 56557

MrSnuffleupagus
07-16-2019, 07:01 PM
Can't wait for the Annual Hording of Yard Signs. Nothing screams Bison Fan more that some middle aged woman walking around with 15 yards signs 'for people who couldn't make it'.

But should it be purple?

StL Bison Fan
07-16-2019, 07:58 PM
Can't wait for the Annual Hording of Yard Signs. Nothing screams Bison Fan more that some middle aged woman walking around with 15 yards signs 'for people who couldn't make it'.

But should it be purple?

I’m so glad I’m past middle age...

KSBisonFan
07-16-2019, 09:36 PM
Looking forward to the annual bitch-athon about this year's sign slogan.

bisonfanette
07-17-2019, 03:34 AM
Looking forward to the annual bitch-athon about this year's sign slogan.

What do you think it’ll be? We should have a guessing contest! No BN clichés please!

KSBisonFan
07-17-2019, 11:44 AM
What do you think it’ll be? We should have a guessing contest! No BN clichés please!

Win the dang afternoons?

bisonfanette
07-18-2019, 05:46 AM
Win the dang afternoons?

I like it!!! :cheers:

EC8CH
07-18-2019, 08:57 AM
"Home of the Herd" was 2012 in this teaser for this year's upcoming version:

https://twitter.com/sarvalley/status/1151155629538590722?s=19

bisonfanette
07-24-2019, 04:59 AM
2019 Yard sign: I AM BISON NATION

imabison
07-24-2019, 02:08 PM
2019 Yard sign: I AM BISON NATION

There goes the team effect. Should it have been WE ARE not I AM..oh well
mine goes to my neighbors yard anyway.

BattleBorn
07-24-2019, 05:02 PM
I really like this year's yard sign, but don't think I'll be able to make it. Can some middle aged lady horde a few for me?

bisonfanette
07-24-2019, 06:42 PM
I really like this year's yard sign, but don't think I'll be able to make it. Can some middle aged lady horde a few for me?

I would be most happy to!!! :bow:
We will go to CORTEVA on Friday.

imabison
08-14-2019, 03:30 PM
Anyone venture to guess the estimated attendance?? Any comments on the major NDSU Bookstore marketing snafu...

1. Having the backpack giveaway on the same date was not really an issue. They had a ribbon fence to direct those people upstairs.
2. Having only 1 single line from the beginning of the Fan Day entrance to the corner and out the door, what a fubar...
The reason appeared to be so the NDSU Bookstore could take over more of the lobby for their use. Good idea, but major marketing failure.
First of all there were only about 75 people inside the rest waiting outside in line. (Good thing it wasnt pouring rain). They did not come in to shop after waiting in line outside and
I suspect after getting their signs and autographs they just left.

3. Fargodome if you have a line thru 1 single door at least have the door with a stop to hold it open, not the people in line doing it.

oldmantutters
08-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Anyone venture to guess the estimated attendance?? Any comments on the major NDSU Bookstore marketing snafu...

1. Having the backpack giveaway on the same date was not really an issue. They had a ribbon fence to direct those people upstairs.
2. Having only 1 single line from the beginning of the Fan Day entrance to the corner and out the door, what a fubar...
The reason appeared to be so the NDSU Bookstore could take over more of the lobby for their use. Good idea, but major marketing failure.
First of all there were only about 75 people inside the rest waiting outside in line. (Good thing it was pouring rain). They did not come in to shop after waiting in line outside and

3. Fargodome if you have a line thru 1 single door at least have the door with a stop to hold it open, not the people in line doing it.

Oh, that was last night?

PattyBison
08-14-2019, 03:38 PM

First of all there were only about 75 people inside the rest waiting outside in line. (Good thing it was pouring rain). They did not come in to shop after waiting in line outside and

Pouring rain?

imabison
08-14-2019, 05:33 PM
Pouring rain?

corrected :) certainly could have been rain instead of mist.

bisonfanette
08-14-2019, 05:39 PM
Last year they had the line inside the entrance winding around many times, and this year they did not do that because the bookstore had tables set up. I would’ve moved those tables, closer to the east windows, and got more people inside the lobby! The bookstore tables of merchandise could’ve easily been moved further east. Oh well...

imabison
08-14-2019, 06:03 PM
Last year they had the line inside the entrance winding around many times, and this year they did not do that because the bookstore had tables set up. I would’ve moved those tables, closer to the east windows, and got more people inside the lobby! The bookstore tables of merchandise could’ve easily been moved further east. Oh well...

Exactly they expanded the area and shot their availability to their product in the foot.

EC8CH
08-14-2019, 06:06 PM
What makes the least amount of sense is the end of the line. Why not break up the single line at the end into 5 or 6 and have that many people across handling out yard signs. Instead they put the same number of people but all in a single line with just one guy most of the time handing out a sign. Obviously no one in charge of the setup has worked at or even been to a retail store with multiple checkout lanes.

bisonfanette
08-14-2019, 06:14 PM
But the rest of Bison fan day was enjoyable as always! Lord knows, there were a lot of Bison volleyball players & football players signing autographs! 120 or so football players? So many amazing bison athletes, who were sociable and very appreciative of their fans. Nice to have Matt Larson and the coaches walking around talking to everyone! It’s really a wonderful event! 8915

imabison
08-14-2019, 06:16 PM
What makes the least amount of sense is the end of the line. Why not break up the single line at the end into 5 or 6 and have that many people across handling out yard signs. Instead they put the same number of people but all in a single line with just one guy most of the time handing out a sign. Obviously no one in charge of the setup has worked at or even been to a retail store with multiple checkout lanes.

The single line has always been the way its been done. If you have 5 or 6 lines you need 5 or 6 people.
I look at my Cost Cutter car coasters and think, who would ever see the logo, its at the bottom of the cup :) Looks nice thought.

EC8CH
08-14-2019, 06:17 PM
But the rest of Bison fan day was enjoyable as always! Lord knows, there were a lot of Bison volleyball players & football players signing autographs! 120 or so football players? So many amazing bison athletes, who were sociable and very appreciative of their fans. Nice to have Matt Larson and the coaches walking around talking to everyone! It’s really a wonderful event! 8915

My complaint of the line setup aside, I agree completely with you. Crazy to see the number of fans who turn out for this year after year. The way all the fans, players, and coaches mingle on the field makes for a close knit feeling.

EC8CH
08-14-2019, 06:21 PM
The single line has always been the way its been done. If you have 5 or 6 lines you need 5 or 6 people.

They've always had about that many people when I'm there. They just march the single line past multiple people handing out signs. That's what doesn't make sense. I'm just saying there is room to improve efficiency there.

StL Bison Fan
08-14-2019, 06:38 PM
We went to get a yard sign and thought maybe they would give out tailgate passes like last year (they didn’t) Didn’t go through the autograph line. We have the last 8 years on the mat and framed with pictures but don’t have all hung up. Time for us to let others have that fun.
We didn’t stay too long but enjoyed it.

BattleBorn
08-14-2019, 08:11 PM
1000 miles later and I got my sign. Very excited by this development.

bisonfanette
08-14-2019, 09:25 PM
1000 miles later and I got my sign. Very excited by this development.

WHAT??? I’m seriously offended! You found another middle-age lady? What’s with that?!! :confused:

Emoji needed with hands up in the air!

Hammerhead
08-14-2019, 10:05 PM
The one line is better than people going in 2 or 3 different doors and trying to queue up in the lobby. What I loved is when we arrived, the line moved from the sidewalk out into the road instead of just remaining on the sidewalk.

There was a line of people making purchases at the store like us when we left. It's easier to buy on your way out instead of carrying a bag around for an hour. I'm just happy we got the metal stakes for our sign as they ran out at least one year.

Hammerhead
08-14-2019, 10:06 PM
One of Bisonville's own was on the WDAY report from fan day. I'm not going to name him or her in case he/she wants to keep her identity secret.

BadlandsBison
08-14-2019, 11:07 PM
One of Bisonville's own was on the WDAY report from fan day. I'm not going to name him or her in case he/she wants to keep her identity secret.

It's a transgender poster, you just totally gave away who it is.

Hammerhead
08-15-2019, 02:10 AM
It's a transgender poster, you just totally gave away who it is.

Oops. I was going to write his/her although she is a she so that rules out most on this board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrSnuffleupagus
08-15-2019, 12:29 PM
WHAT??? I’m seriously offended! You found another middle-age lady? What’s with that?!! :confused:

They are not in short supply. Everyone needs 15 for their yards. Remember, the more free swag you get, the bigger the fan you are.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-15-2019, 12:30 PM
Nothing like complaining about how a free event should have been handled. People had to stand outside, how awful.

EC8CH
08-15-2019, 12:49 PM
Nothing like complaining about how a free event should have been handled. People had to stand outside, how awful.

Welcome to the board where we find things to complain about a football team who's won 7 out of 8 national championships ;)

bisonfanette
08-15-2019, 04:45 PM
They are not in short supply. Everyone needs 15 for their yards. Remember, the more free swag you get, the bigger the fan you are.

I think you realize I was kidding!!!
I never remember Purple!

StL Bison Fan
08-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the board where we find things to complain about a football team who's won 7 out of 8 national championships ;)

It’s wonderful isn’t it?

Hammerhead
08-15-2019, 05:49 PM
At least they have people handing out the signs. We were disappointed at one alumni event (I think it was the Iowa game) where they ran out of baseball caps right away and then we saw people walking around with a stack of 20 in their hands. :(

StL Bison Fan
08-15-2019, 06:02 PM
At least they have people handing out the signs. We were disappointed at one alumni event (I think it was the Iowa game) where they ran out of baseball caps right away and then we saw people walking around with a stack of 20 in their hands. :(

Iowa state. It was Disappointing

BattleBorn
08-16-2019, 02:28 PM

I decided to be my own middle-age lady. It IS the 2010s and all...

After some encouraging from the players, we hit up the soccer game as well. That was a great time, and I hope to make more of these in the future!

imabison
08-16-2019, 02:51 PM

Actually it was more to point out that NDSU Bookstore shot itself in the foot, by having the Fargodome force people to stand outside and not right beside their tables of merchandise.
Oh well, its over and we will see what happens next year.

Christopher Moen
08-16-2019, 08:39 PM
Just got this mail today and it appears that one of us here is kicking butt as a Bison Fan - congrats!!!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t5PKS_8rZoUobbd_rSa3bVc8fKzvaWDiHJB42-euyB7O-fSo6LkSr_X7ZzDgDS82P22iuOI2ppt4kvfTG6V4YhwsocO-dGsVxouqXiTfWB6d4mtvlk-dUvPDVKxGF31XFRkdqgB3_uADzJZJ1kdNR2Co8YJ-Mhy3aZdYVo6Mudi88E_aa09J4ipfJiZ4AjlP2tbeuX3GSxpaw2 Kp-nJVvk3vJhNtl8ViuNTtVglEyZtXGdlR5QZCZTPbKdtDz-sVshKWVwN_wIKsrTWGaHC-nnoURa2QvWBRBZjy_F74ZbLjTbIQZbZAb4G4vAuxZ77vmLJ2jm vVxdyAeexm4X8Jy7FvH0Kvn1sPorRA8n_Ye_HDbI0NVK8zgk5P WxT5ReDRHkxxyqIR1NGF37rrAISz-WaNI7nygU-QHVMGabTXGJ-8uWce_DTgj8ZmjApTEU-8V_PCTivVgbNbjniKmuCd9F3aepMd6EPW1eptWARkF59BUGpLJ f4a9OYp3n4bmK1k1-sR1x6CQeNXoH-L308SJ5x-sZJ5g18pNq52wlz5cGQOV6wHWeaYFSAx_WHiItkwidqtYLIJDk kr2JXSXqcalm93hYrpi8NSPjFrwNZuCpKkvZr7BLvXzZBurkbL u1T70OtaUMfodcNaoCpflCIodEuUPJgRgGU=w1128-h984-no

1998braves64
08-17-2019, 12:14 AM
At least they have people handing out the signs. We were disappointed at one alumni event (I think it was the Iowa game) where they ran out of baseball caps right away and then we saw people walking around with a stack of 20 in their hands. :(Like first 10000 fans twins game giveaways too, family of four or 5 really need 4 or 5 bobble heads? For Joe Nathan's me and my wife turned them down, had two for the kids that is plenty for us! Hopefully a couple of kids behind us were able to get the last ones!

I get if you're picking one up for a friend but it probably shouldn't be 20 friends you do that for. It's a nice memento reminder for those that were actually there.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

bisonfanette
08-18-2019, 12:15 AM
From 2019 Fan Day - This may end up at a fundraiser or a benefit...