PDA

View Full Version : what teams that should leave FBS..

El_Chapo
04-29-2019, 03:49 PM
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2019/1/31/18200696/fbs-membership-leave-fcs

(and they move NDSU to the MAC) lol

Rock
05-01-2019, 11:06 AM
Some interesting magic wand stuff in there. I prefer outside sources making the push vs NDSU begging for consideration. Keep winning NDSU

FTA

“We finally get to see NDSU beat up on Big Ten teams more regularly, or UMass gets more of a path toward football relevance after sitting in independence purgatory. Everyone wins.”

#Big12orBust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
05-01-2019, 03:04 PM
Some interesting magic wand stuff in there. I prefer outside sources making the push vs NDSU begging for consideration. Keep winning NDSU

FTA

“We finally get to see NDSU beat up on Big Ten teams more regularly, or UMass gets more of a path toward football relevance after sitting in independence purgatory. Everyone wins.”

#Big12orBust

How is it Begging when admin hasn't made an attempt to even solicit yet? I just don't want complacency, always moving forward, bring on the competition, raise the bar... we expect the players to buy into these slogans, but not the admin?

Rock
05-01-2019, 04:22 PM
How many sales calls should i make make when everyone already knows I have a better mousetrap?

Wait for the mice. They comin’!

CyPanth
05-01-2019, 08:27 PM
The MVC would need to be renamed the OMMVC to include other major rivers in its footprint.

23Bison
05-01-2019, 08:35 PM
I would like a little nugget of information or glimmer of hope that someone credible somewhere is actively trying to make an actual move up possible. Just some public "hey we are looking into this and contacting AD's and conferences to see what interest is out there". Even if they said "hey we can't make this happen financially for sure in the next 2-3 years but we are shooting for 5 years from now". Something. Anything.

Vet70
05-01-2019, 09:22 PM
I would like a little nugget of information or glimmer of hope that someone credible somewhere is actively trying to make an actual move up possible. Just some public "hey we are looking into this and contacting AD's and conferences to see what interest is out there". Even if they said "hey we can't make this happen financially for sure in the next 2-3 years but we are shooting for 5 years from now". Something. Anything.

There is something but it is not what you and some others want to hear. Bresciani and ML have consistently said they are monitoring the landscape and NDSU will be at the second level of football whatever that may be. They have made it pretty plain that means there will not be a move to FBS as things stand now.

23Bison
05-02-2019, 10:07 PM
I know what they have said. I'm stating what I and possibly others want to hear them say. And you can not with 100% certainty say that a move to FBS will never happen. There is still a chance even if it is a very small chance. Nothing is impossible.

El_Chapo
05-03-2019, 04:39 AM
we are in the 3rd level. so they are lying to us.

P5
G5
FCS
D2
D3

Vet70
05-03-2019, 01:32 PM

P5
G5
FCS
D2
D3

Then so is the NCAA. And you keep saying we should move up to the FBS.

bisonp
05-03-2019, 05:34 PM

P5
G5
FCS
D2
D3

NCAA does not differentiate between P5 and G5. There is no reason, in theory, that a G5 team couldn't win a Dr. Pepper title if they somehow managed to put together the right schedule.

I mean we know you are effectively correct, which is why changes are probably needed. But so long as those G5 schools keep chasing that bowl money it's not likely things will change, regardless of how bad the actual financials look for the majority of G5.

I'd like to see NDSU move up too because we all know they can compete with anybody in the G5, but the funding and conference issues are pretty big hurdles with the potential to destroy not just Bison football but Bison athletics in general. I haven't been convinced they can overcome those hurdles.

cbline
05-07-2019, 07:43 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but allow me to ask a question. We sh*t all over UND for being a hockey school at the expense of their other sports. If NDSU moved to FBS football, would we become a football school at the expense of the other sports? Would the resources needed for FBS have a significantly negative impact in the rest of the athletic department? I'll hang up and listen to the answer. Thanks.

Christopher Moen
05-07-2019, 09:25 PM
Pardon my ignorance, but allow me to ask a question. We sh*t all over UND for being a hockey school at the expense of their other sports. If NDSU moved to FBS football, would we become a football school at the expense of the other sports? Would the resources needed for FBS have a significantly negative impact in the rest of the athletic department? I'll hang up and listen to the answer. Thanks.

This is the main problem G5 schools are experiencing, especially those in the MAC.

Vet70
05-07-2019, 10:15 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/9c830567WqLCw/giphy.gif

CyPanth
05-07-2019, 10:30 PM

Some might suggest that it is already happening with NDSU based on the performance of the basketball program this year. :innocent:

Vet70
05-07-2019, 10:38 PM
Some might suggest that it is already happening with NDSU based on the performance of the basketball program this year. :innocent:

WBB? Not funds, but an incompetent coach.

El_Chapo
05-07-2019, 11:52 PM

NDSU moving to a FBS conference would ENHANCE all of our other sports.
Basketball would be in a bigger conference and get millions in Big Dance credits, better scheduling.
Track, Softball, Volleyball, Baseball and all other sports will play better competition and get even more opportunities at the NCAA level!