PDA

View Full Version : Who should ML hire as the next WBB coach?

Vet70
04-19-2019, 06:38 PM
Okay, who should ML hire as the next WBB coach? "None of the above" has been added
so Chapo can participate.

roadwarrior
04-19-2019, 07:11 PM
Since we won't be able to participate in the interviews, I'll trust Matt will select the best fit.

Vet70
04-19-2019, 07:43 PM
Since we won't be able to participate in the interviews, I'll trust Matt will select the best fit.

When has a lack of information ever kept BV from having all the answers? :D

56BISON73
04-20-2019, 01:41 AM
Okay, who should ML hire as the next WBB coach? None of the above has been added for Chapo.

I wouldnt hire him either.

Vet70
04-20-2019, 02:05 AM
I wouldnt hire him either.

Everyone is a comedian. :rofl::rimshot:

Elvis was a Bison
04-21-2019, 08:38 PM

Roger that!!!

El_Chapo
04-22-2019, 03:01 AM
yea 0 of them.. but im all in on Kayla. after sources confided with me Lets go!

Christopher Moen
04-22-2019, 07:41 PM
Since I know little about Women's Basketball other than that NDSU was a top-notch program during my years there, I'm going off looks alone (Ard), which of course, eliminates the dudes.

If I had a gun pointed to my head and I was force to make a choice, it would be 1 - Collins, 2 - Love, 3- Pohlman and maybe Ard before reopening the search.

BisonCardinal
04-23-2019, 01:21 AM
I voted for Ard. I'd go to a wbb game just to watch her on sideline. Gotta start somewhere in boosting attendance.

El_Chapo
04-23-2019, 03:11 PM
I voted for Ard. I'd go to a wbb game just to watch her on sideline. Gotta start somewhere in boosting attendance.

If you seen the pictures that Slicky, Endzone & myself have seen, you'd Vote for her ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Plus she was a Louisiana Basketball Legend.

BisonCardinal is correct.

NDSU92
04-23-2019, 04:18 PM
If you seen the pictures that Slicky, Endzone & myself have seen, you'd Vote for her ALL DAY EVERY DAY! Plus she was a Louisiana Basketball Legend.

Could you imagine a Kayla Ard/Kelly Stewart pregame interview?

El_Chapo
04-23-2019, 04:52 PM

we'd lose Izzy & Slick for days

ByeSonBusiness
04-23-2019, 04:57 PM
I voted for Ard. She's a snack.

56BISON73
04-23-2019, 06:38 PM

This just got creepy.

Vet70
04-23-2019, 06:52 PM

we'd lose Izzy & Slick for days

I voted for Ard. She's a snack.

I guess this is a good summary of the status of WBB at NDSU.

BisonCardinal
04-23-2019, 07:31 PM

Now if we could work my personal goddess of broadcasting and leather, Beth H., into that trio, my interest in the wbb program would surely rise.

El_Chapo
04-23-2019, 09:23 PM
when 35 people were at the 2nd to last game....

Mr Meaty
04-24-2019, 02:36 PM
Any idea of when we will hear who the new hire is? Have all visits been done? What is the final step?

ByeSonBusiness
04-24-2019, 02:48 PM
I guess this is a good summary of the status of WBB at NDSU.

It would get some hype going!

imabison
04-24-2019, 02:53 PM
Any idea of when we will hear who the new hire is? Have all visits been done? What is the final step?

Just a guess but could be still working out the details of the Walseth separation agreement.
Or ML will take the splash of the spring game to announce it...(purple)

Or ML has to make sure that he gives El Chapo a text before the announcement so it can be first on BV...(very purple)

El_Chapo
04-24-2019, 03:05 PM
Just a guess but could be still working out the details of the Walseth separation agreement.
Or ML will take the splash of the spring game to announce it...(purple)

Or ML has to make sure that he gives El Chapo a text before the announcement so it can be first on BV...(very purple)

Gene Taylor was Big Time .... Stony Brook D2 isn't as much, so no he won't.

They will need a new coach by end of school year is my opinion.

Mr Meaty
04-24-2019, 05:28 PM

Better be done before that since we know the final four.

imabison
04-24-2019, 06:54 PM

So just to be certain in what you are saying..

Gene Taylor would have text you in advance to let you know the new coach, but ML will not.

Also that NDSU will not be hiring a coach at this time but will need to by the end of the school year.

Bisonator98
04-24-2019, 06:56 PM
I thought we would hear something by the end of this week but now I'm thinking it will probably be Monday.

Honeybooboo
04-25-2019, 02:40 AM
Someone I would guess

El_Chapo
04-25-2019, 02:33 PM
DENVER POSTED THIS YESTERDAY... hmmmmmmmm Welcome to NDSU Kayla Ard ??

Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball
University of Denver
Gmail
Email Print
Application
By using this feature you agree to our Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy.
Details
Posted:
April 24, 2019
Show Map
Salary:
Type:
Full-time - Experienced
Sector:
Collegiate Sports
Categories:
Coaching, Coaching - Basketball
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.

Position Summary

The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.

Essential Functions

El_Chapo
04-25-2019, 02:34 PM

University of Denver
Gmail
Email Print
Application
Details
Posted:
April 24, 2019
Show Map
Salary:
Type:
Full-time - Experienced
Sector:
Collegiate Sports
Categories:
The University of Denver has a proud athletic tradition that compliments the schools academic endeavors. In its history, DU has won 31 national championships and enables student-athletes to compete on 17 Division 1 teams. The Pioneers pursue championships, excel academically, and represent both the University and their respective conferences to the best of their abilities.

Position Summary

The Assistant Coach assists the Head Coach in the administration of all aspects of the sport program including coaching, recruiting, contest scheduling, supervising sports personnel, budget management, student-athlete mentoring, and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, Conference, and University rules and regulations.

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/12253040/assistant-coach-women-s-basketball

HuskerBizon
04-25-2019, 03:04 PM

University of Denver
Gmail
Email Print
Application
Details
Posted:
April 24, 2019
Show Map
Salary:
Type:
Full-time - Experienced
Sector:
Collegiate Sports
Categories:

Position Summary

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/12253040/assistant-coach-women-s-basketball

That is rather interesting. Perhaps does anyone know if Ard only applied to NDSU? Just out of curiosity.

El_Chapo
04-25-2019, 03:14 PM
That is rather interesting. Perhaps does anyone know if Ard only applied to NDSU? Just out of curiosity.

that's good point I guess. hmmm

kab1one
04-25-2019, 03:57 PM
that's good point I guess. hmmm

Actually need to give el chapo credit on this one. This is a potential real scoop.

BisonJer
04-25-2019, 04:58 PM

University of Denver
Gmail
Email Print
Application
Details
Posted:
April 24, 2019
Show Map
Salary:
Type:
Full-time - Experienced
Sector:
Collegiate Sports
Categories:

Position Summary

Essential Functions

I think this position is for Assistant Coach Tommie Johnson's position. He is no longer listed on Denver's coaching staff.

Klepto
04-25-2019, 04:59 PM

If she has applied elsewhere, it hasn't hit online news (https://www.google.com/search?safe=active&rlz=1C1GCEU_enUS823US823&biw=1920&bih=937&tbm=nws&ei=9-bBXNWQIsj0swWZ-KXIDQ&q=%22kayla+ard%22+candidate&oq=%22kayla+ard%22+candidate&gs_l=psy-ab.3...8000.10343.0.10839.2.2.0.0.0.0.147.285.0j2. 2.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.0.0....0.qi9DhMIJpGA).

El_Chapo
04-25-2019, 05:15 PM
quit ruining my dream! & Scoop!

DIBISON
04-25-2019, 05:22 PM
Actually need to give el chapo credit on this one. This is a potential real scoop.

I think this position is for Assistant Coach Tommie Johnson's position. He is no longer listed on Denver's coaching staff.

I found the same thing, that it was for another assistant coach that left the program. It's much better to wait for the facts!

TAILG8R
04-25-2019, 05:30 PM
I found the same thing, that it was for another assistant coach that left the program. It's much better to wait for the TEXT!

Fixed your post.

Bisonionette
04-25-2019, 05:46 PM
All you guyz are so funny....

Vet70
04-25-2019, 06:06 PM
I found the same thing, that it was for another assistant coach that left the program. It's much better to wait for the facts!

If people waited for the facts before posting there would be 75% fewer posts. Feel free to adjust that number upwards.

Mr Meaty
04-25-2019, 06:09 PM
If people waited for the facts before posting there would be 75% fewer posts. Feel free to adjust that number upwards.

I would say 95% fewer posts, but this is BV so it could go at high at 99%. There is some truth out there.

Mr Meaty
04-25-2019, 06:13 PM
All you guyz are so funny....

Bisonionette, what are your thoughts on the 4 final choices for head coach? If you posted it already I missed it. I like Love, Collins, Ard and then Pohlman. I can support any of them. I think they have some good choices to pick from. Glad to see that.

Bisonionette
04-25-2019, 06:18 PM
Bisonionette, what are your thoughts on the 4 final choices for head coach? If you posted it already I missed it. I like Love, Collins, Ard and then Pohlman. I can support any of them. I think they have some good choices to pick from. Glad to see that.

My Personal Preference:

1. Love
2. Collins
3. Pohlman
4. Ard... despite her instagram ...... 4th

imabison
04-25-2019, 06:19 PM

Just thought of something, did these 4 actually apply or are the the list that Matt Larsen chose to try to interview....Since Love was seen I suspect he actually applied but he might have done that to get his recruiting trip to ND paid for by NDSU and not by his own college...My Oh MY...:) :)

Mr Meaty
04-25-2019, 06:40 PM
Just thought of something, did these 4 actually apply or are the the list that Matt Larsen chose to try to interview....Since Love was seen I suspect he actually applied but he might have done that to get his recruiting trip to ND paid for by NDSU and not by his own college...My Oh MY...:) :)

Well, I would hope ML had a short list made up. They still agreed to apply for the job whether they were talked and ask to apply or did it on their own. I do think the level of choice is really good. Whomever gets it has some work to do. If I lived closer to Fargo and had the time, I would think about getting women season tickets. But having mens tickets and living 100 miles away. That is enough travel during the winter for weeknight games.

HuskerBizon
04-25-2019, 07:13 PM
I would think about getting women season tickets.

That would probably happen if Ard was working the sidelines.

El_Chapo
04-25-2019, 07:29 PM
That would probably happen if Ard was working the sidelines.

Email Stony Brook AD like the rest of us :welcome:

kab1one
04-25-2019, 07:31 PM

I prefaced my comment that it was "Potentially" a good scoop. What else is there to talk about if there wasn't make belive?

El_Chapo
04-25-2019, 07:33 PM
I prefaced my comment that it was "Potentially" a good scoop. What else is there to talk about if there wasn't make belive?

ahhh Kab1one got the pic text :judges:

Vet70
04-25-2019, 07:47 PM

My post was actually in response to DIBISON and was a generalization about the general nature of BV and not the comments of any individual in particular. Meanwhile I am trying to figure out if Chapo is 15 or 16.

kab1one
04-25-2019, 08:02 PM
ahhh Kab1one got the pic text :judges:

What pic text?

Facts
04-26-2019, 03:16 AM
It's much better to wait for the facts!

I declare your wait is officially over!

Tony Almeida
04-26-2019, 03:33 PM
I'm starting to favor Love as my first choice now....the whole 'coaching under Amy Williams' thing had me thinking for a while and now I'm intrigued, now that's granted his coaching AND recruiting philosophy is heavily influenced by her. If he says he's doing his own thing in his interview, I'm back to Collins as my first choice.

El_Chapo
04-28-2019, 09:46 PM
jeff kolpack on twitter 43 minutes ago takes el chapos bait from here and mentions denver asst coach opening. 2 days later bahaha

fargo media is so pathetic. this loser and mcfooly loser have zero clue and have never had inside info. hilarious

Jay
04-28-2019, 11:48 PM
Greg Stemen -

.@FGOSPORTSWRITER mentioned possibility of Denver assistant getting NDSU job. Sources say Drake assistant turned job down and Kansas assistant will be named. I’d trust Kolpack over me, but that’s what I’ve heard.

https://twitter.com/gregstemen/status/1122644190494625792?s=21

DePereBisonFan
04-29-2019, 03:29 AM
Greg Stemen -

.@FGOSPORTSWRITER mentioned possibility of Denver assistant getting NDSU job. Sources say Drake assistant turned job down and Kansas assistant will be named. I’d trust Kolpack over me, but that’s what I’ve heard.

Who was the one that coached at Emporia State and won a DII title there? That's the one I would go with...

Mr Meaty
04-29-2019, 12:18 PM
Who was the one that coached at Emporia State and won a DII title there? That's the one I would go with...

Jory Collins

Vet70
04-29-2019, 12:46 PM
Greg Stemen -

The rumor mill keeps churning.
https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/1122673197848121344

kab1one
04-29-2019, 02:46 PM
jeff kolpack on twitter 43 minutes ago takes el chapos bait from here and mentions denver asst coach opening. 2 days later bahaha

fargo media is so pathetic. this loser and mcfooly loser have zero clue and have never had inside info. hilarious

I find it hilarious the forum is tweeting on El Chapo's incorrect info.

Fake news at its best.

Bisonator98
04-29-2019, 04:02 PM
Greg Stemen -

Why would the Drake assistant turn it down? :confused:

Vet70
04-29-2019, 04:07 PM
Why would the Drake assistant turn it down? :confused:

Who knows. Possibly she did not like the salary or was using the job as a bargaining chip with Drake.

Bisonator98
04-29-2019, 04:11 PM
Who knows. Possibly she did not like the salary or was using the job as a bargaining chip with Drake.

The other question is why was she offered the job over the other 3 who are clearly favored in our poll. WTF is Larson doing here??

El_Chapo
04-29-2019, 04:15 PM
dang it :(

Vet70
04-29-2019, 04:17 PM
The other question is why was she offered the job over the other 3 who are clearly favored in our poll. WTF is Larson doing here??

I would say 2 were clearly favored. Maybe ML knows what he is doing and we are a bunch of misogynistic pigs.

El_Chapo
04-29-2019, 04:18 PM
Drake asst turning this down and ending up a d2 head coach isn't a good sign.

but lets face facts, this job & program was allowed to hit garbage levels by this admin.

oldmantutters
04-29-2019, 06:52 PM

but lets face facts, this job & program was allowed to hit garbage levels by this admin.This is a damn good job with nothing but upside if a candidate can't see that, well that's on them.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Vet70
04-29-2019, 06:54 PM

What D2 team? She was promoted to associate head coach at Drake.
http://www.timesrepublican.com/sports/local-sports/2014/07/drake-promotes-pohlman-to-associate-hoops-coach/

TAILG8R
04-29-2019, 06:57 PM
What D2 team? She was promoted to associate head coach at Drake.
http://www.timesrepublican.com/sports/local-sports/2014/07/drake-promotes-pohlman-to-associate-hoops-coach/

You must not have gotten the text ...

:)

Vet70
04-29-2019, 07:02 PM

The internet is a great place to find information. Some of it is even accurate.:D

kab1one
04-29-2019, 09:36 PM

Let's see Drake

Higher rated academic school.

Des Moines Metro has about 600k living there.

Iowa and recruiting area has quite a bit of Girls BB talent.

400 miles south of Fargo. So winter is better.

Didn't check which conference they play in, but football is non scholarship pioneer league. They are D1 cause they want to play D1 basketball for mens.

I did check conference. Missouri Valley, same as mens.

Won the conference. Made the Ladies Dance.

So don't blame the person for not taking the job. Emporia Kansas, as I told lakes earlier. That's a dusty Jamestown.

bisoneer
04-30-2019, 02:50 AM
What is the salary going to be for Collins?