PDA

View Full Version : Head Coach and players at SEC thUGA

GSUsTALON
03-24-2019, 08:24 PM
StudentEagle - Didn't take long for the honeymoon to end. All the people that were on Mark Richt about marijuana use are going to realize soon that it has a lot more to do with UGA policy and Athens police than it did Mark Richt.
http://m.onlineathens.com/breaking-n...33ADB6925DC7E3

GSU2 - Either they are doing outlandish things to get caught, like the players urinating in public before we played them in 2008, or they are just easier targets because they are on the team. I have no clue, but it seems like their police get football players more than other schools.

AJC Report
http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/colle...ed-felo/nq4Fc/ Felonies, ouch.

JD - No not just a BB gun, having a BB gun on a college campus, then proceeding to use the BB gun and causing significant damage with it. Never mind the alcohol and drug crap right? Law is a little stiff but ignorance of the law is not a defense ever. It will get reduced. If Kirby can get a law passed that lessens folks ability to hold govt accountable I am sure he can get the DA to lessen the charges.

TALON - I can see ignorance or the law in minor cases. Its not that like they hid a bb gun in the room to target practice off campus. They used it on campus and from what people on this board have said caused significant damage, maybe up to $1000, & had drug crap in their room. That much vandalism added to drug paraphernalia = stupid and a willful disregard for the law, Destroy property, don't get caught and have some else pay for it. If the judge lessons the charges they should have a ton of public works to do and pay for the damages.

GSUsTALON
03-24-2019, 08:26 PM
TALON

Here is what I really think happened.

The 2 had a BB gun to help them practice for the summer Olympics rifle squad. They practiced by shooting apples on each other’s head and glass pipes from each other’s mouths. They got a little drunk and high, lost their common sense, went loco.

Never mix drugs and firearms!!!!!

GSUsTALON
03-24-2019, 08:58 PM
Sorry if the links don't work anymore. They did 2 hours ago.

The original post was on March 20th 2019

ByeSonBusiness
03-24-2019, 11:31 PM
What the hell is this nonsense?

tjbison
03-25-2019, 12:28 AM
this is confusing, been hitting the moonshine a bit?

bisonp
03-25-2019, 12:32 AM
Links don't work, no idea what's going on. Something with BB guns I guess.

GSUsTALON
03-25-2019, 12:59 AM
see if this works for you

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/police-georgia-football-players-caused-000-damage-with-gun/Mgr5mHkPcpr8Bff2vgm2TL/

bisonp
03-25-2019, 01:22 AM
So according to the story a straw and spitball fit Georgia's definition of a weapon worthy of felony charges? Who the hell wrote that law? Somebody very proud of themselves I'm sure.

These guys were stupid but it's typical college stupidity IMO, not life-ruining stupidity. Thank God I didn't grow up in today's society. I'd probably be a felon too.

Vet70
03-25-2019, 01:31 AM
So according to the story a straw and spitball fit Georgia's definition of a weapon worthy of felony charges? Who the hell wrote that law? Somebody very proud of themselves I'm sure.

These guys were stupid but it's typical college stupidity IMO, not life-ruining stupidity. Thank God I didn't grow up in today's society. I'd probably be a felon too.

Easy now. Don't you know a spitball can put someone's eye out. :rofl:

GSUsTALON
03-25-2019, 03:41 PM

I was told that this is not a Bison Football thread. I should have used another Bison Forum. You are right.
I know its off football season so I didn’t think you’d mind if I posted this news on UGA here. If the mods would like to move it to a different forum please do!
TALON

Oh, I can see your point bisonp. In the 80's and earlier I dont think the RA would have said anything if they found a BB gun in your room. In the 70's I remember a lot of high school students had gun racks in the back of there trucks and also remember parents comming to pick up Junior High and High school students with guns on those gun racks.

Now a days you cannot bring any type of weapon on school property. I think the UGA admin if told by the Dorm RA would have been called in, reminded of the rules, confiscated the BB gun and then had them take it home.

It's my understanding that they did somewhere between $500 - $1000 worth of damage on the UGA campus & there is where the problem lies.
The Alcohol in their room would have probably been taken care of by the Admin and coaching staff, but the drug paraphernalia is another story.

I can see them drinking a lot maybe using something else & then make a very bad judgment call and vandalizing with the BB gun. You know with all the shootings going on at public schools and colleges even taking a bb gun outside your dorm might set people off. I hope the school and the judge will lessen the charges, the 2 have to reimburse the school and do public works around the school.

Like I said
Here is what I really think happened.
The 2 had a BB gun to help them practice for the summer Olympics rifle squad. They practiced by shooting apples on each other’s head and glass pipes from each other’s mouths. They got a little drunk and high, lost their common sense, went loco.
Never mix drugs and firearms!!!!!

Twincitybizon
03-25-2019, 03:44 PM
This story is rediculous. Do you want to make everyone felons? Over policing at it's finniest. This should not be life ruinning

GSUsTALON
03-25-2019, 03:46 PM
Easy now. Don't you know a spitball can put someone's eye out. :rofl:

Its not that they had a bb gun that made it a big deal IMO it that they vandalized the campus to the tune of $500 - $1000. They would have been better off shooting spit balls at windows.

GSUsTALON
03-25-2019, 03:50 PM
This story is rediculous. Do you want to make everyone felons? Over policing at it's finniest. This should not be life ruinning

I agree, that's why I suggested that the school and Judge reduce the charges, make them pay for the damage & give them public works around the UGA campus as probation. While the damage could be used as a felony charge it doesn't mean they will get one.

Twincitybizon
03-25-2019, 03:56 PM
I agree, that's why I suggested that the school and Judge reduce the charges, make them pay for the damage & give them public works around the UGA campus. While the damage could be used as a felony charge it doesn't mean they will get one.

Your suggestion actually makes sense, so they'll probably never do it. Common sense is practically a super power

GSUsTALON
03-25-2019, 05:02 PM
Your suggestion actually makes sense, so they'll probably never do it. Common sense is practically a super power

A lot depends on what judge they get and the attorney that reps them. Lots of times a good attorney will postpone the trial until he gets the right judge rotation. The DA that is acting on this case is another matter. A hardnosed DA can push for more. With football season comming up I don't see them as having that type of time.

GSUsTALON
03-26-2019, 10:07 PM
Please deleat this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A1pigskin
03-27-2019, 01:30 AM

The spit balls would have got ya.

Bisonator98
03-27-2019, 02:08 PM
WTF? Why is this thread here?? JFC Talon!

WeAreThePride
03-27-2019, 06:47 PM
WTF? Why is this thread here?? JFC Talon!

It's not his fault. He can't help but start a thread on Bisonville every week. It's hard to suck up to NDSU when they're not playing football, so he has to come up with other subjects.

TransAmBison
03-27-2019, 06:56 PM
It's not his fault. He can't help but start a thread on Bisonville every week. It's hard to suck up to NDSU when they're not playing football, so he has to come up with other subjects.So a GSU fan comes on here and praises us rather than trying to run us down, and therefore he is "sucking up"?

WeAreThePride
03-27-2019, 07:02 PM
So a GSU fan comes on here and praises us rather than trying to run us down, and therefore he is "sucking up"?

Do you see what this guy posts? Both here and on his home board?

TransAmBison
03-27-2019, 07:06 PM
Do you see what this guy posts? Both here and on his home board?Yeah, I do. He's a good guy. Much better guy than many on messageboards.

Klepto
03-27-2019, 07:51 PM
This story is from 2016. :uhyeah:

Klepto
03-27-2019, 08:00 PM
In case anyone cares how this ended up... before this thread gets moved/deleted.

One of the kids is still with the team (https://georgiadogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4005). The other got booted (was his second arrest in 3 mos.) and ended up at Marshall (https://herdzone.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4707).

https://www.onlineathens.com/sports/dogbytes/local-news/2017-07-24/uga-dt-rochester-enters-pretrial-program-bb-gun-incident

Vet70
03-27-2019, 08:18 PM
It's not his fault. He can't help but start a thread on Bisonville every week. It's hard to suck up to NDSU when they're not playing football, so he has to come up with other subjects.

If it annoys you so much don't click on the threads he starts and block him. Problem solved, but then again you would have to find something else to gripe about.

WeAreThePride
03-27-2019, 08:23 PM
If it annoys you so much don't click on the threads he starts and block him. Problem solved, but then again you would have to find something else to gripe about.

Sorry I offended your buddy.

Vet70
03-27-2019, 08:28 PM
Sorry I offended your buddy.

Thanks for the apology. Please don't offend TAB again.

TransAmBison
03-27-2019, 08:51 PM
Thanks for the apology. Please don't offend TAB again.Hahahaha. I just don't get when people see a post by a non-Bison fan and decide, I think I'll be a dick. Sure...if you are friends...that's what you are pretty much obliged to do. But if you don't know the guy...you are just being a dick. Don't be a dick. I'm looking at you, RTO.

IzzyFlexion
03-27-2019, 09:44 PM
Thanks for the apology. Please don't offend TAB again.

yeah...…...that's my job...…..*

*TAB sucks!**

**not really....***

***well, kinda…****

****but all in all, he's quite adorable.*****

*****Oh great. Now he's gonna be pissed at me for using his "multi-asterisk" format again.******

******And, That. Is. Why. He. Sucks.

GSUsTALON
03-27-2019, 11:43 PM

I suck up to no one or team, but I do respect the NDSU program. As I stated before, NDSU is the only FCS team I really follow. Neither GSU or NDSU are playing an NCAA schedule at this time. There are only about 4 boards that I post on during the off season & your board is one of them.

GSUsTALON
03-27-2019, 11:45 PM
So a GSU fan comes on here and praises us rather than trying to run us down, and therefore he is "sucking up"?

Thanks TA. Its post was a little obtuse.

I don't understand either!

GSUsTALON
03-27-2019, 11:47 PM

What did I post on GSUs board that has upset you???????????

You mean the post I put up saying that GSU should schedule NDSU instead of some 70th ranked slub FCS team. I guess that offended you - right!

GSUsTALON
03-27-2019, 11:50 PM
This story is from 2016. :uhyeah:

That's why I wanted it taken down. I miss read the date.

GSUsTALON
03-27-2019, 11:58 PM

Just be glad you didn't piss TA off on your smack board!

GSUsTALON
03-28-2019, 01:21 AM

Is this the post your pissed at!

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?38449-NDSUvsGSU-after-we-rebuild

GSUsTALON
03-28-2019, 01:21 AM

Is this the post your pissed at on the GSU board?

https://www.gsufans.com/tsc/showthread.php?38449-NDSUvsGSU-after-we-rebuild

WeAreThePride
03-28-2019, 01:57 AM
What did I post on GSUs board that has upset you???????????

You mean the post I put up saying that GSU should schedule NDSU instead of some 70th ranked slub FCS team. I guess that offended you - right!

It doesn't offend me. I just don't understand your fascination with NDSU. We beat Iowa. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth for about 3 weeks on their forums. NDSU hasn't played GSU in what, 6 years? And yet NDSU lives rent free in your head. I've read a few of the threads you repeatedly link from the GSU forum to here. It seems your fellow fans have moved on. We don't make threads about the good D2 teams here. I don't have the slightest idea who won the D2 championship. We've moved on. You haven't.

GSUsTALON
03-28-2019, 10:30 PM
It doesn't offend me. I just don't understand your fascination with NDSU. We beat Iowa. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth for about 3 weeks on their forums. NDSU hasn't played GSU in what, 6 years? And yet NDSU lives rent free in your head. I've read a few of the threads you repeatedly link from the GSU forum to here. It seems your fellow fans have moved on. We don't make threads about the good D2 teams here. I don't have the slightest idea who won the D2 championship. We've moved on. You haven't.

WeAreThePride Offended or just pissed off at me? - "Do you see what this guy posts? Both here and on his home board?"
So what I posted on Talon Talk upset you by giving your team praise?

I still follow NDSU. I guess you can't understand the fascination from any fan outside of NDSU that has watched them play in the FCS for 9 years and win 7 NCs in a playoff system that pits the proven best that the FCS has to offer after winning a place in the playoffs after their regular season wins.

SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSU was there once.

It's called RESPECT!

ByeSonBusiness
03-28-2019, 10:47 PM
WeAreThePride Offended or just pissed off at me? - "Do you see what this guy posts? Both here and on his home board?"
So what I posted on Talon Talk upset you by giving your team praise?

I still follow NDSU. I guess you can't understand the fascination from any fan outside of NDSU that has watched them play in the FCS for 9 years and win 7 NCs in a playoff system that pits the proven best that the FCS has to offer after winning a place in the playoffs after their regular season wins.

SAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GSU was there once.

It's called RESPECT!

It's a little creepy

GSUsTALON
03-28-2019, 10:50 PM
It's a little creepy

Please tell me how it is creepy??????????????????

Do you mean that someone outside of North Dakota pulls for your team?

Don't be an isolationist.

CAS4127
03-29-2019, 12:19 AM
Please tell me how it is creepy??????????????????

Do you mean that someone outside of North Dakota pulls for your team?

Don't be an isolationist.

It’s not creepy. It’s called interests beyond one’s small world. And there is obviously some other, personal issue going one with BSB beyond anything having to do with you/your posts here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vet70
03-29-2019, 12:22 AM
Talon---you are worrying too much about what some other posters think.

TransAmBison
03-29-2019, 03:46 PM
Talon---you are worrying too much about what some other posters think.I don't think Talon puts too much thought into the shots he gets here. GSU's board hits way harder...which is why I like those guys. They take jabs for the fun of it...and because they like the poster. That's why I call it out here when people take jabs not in fun, but to be a dick. Looks bad on us.

That's also why I'm on a crusade to get Loaf banned. He finally got ousted from Thunderstruck Makers. I am confident the report will come out that he not only colluded with UND, but also with the Backstreet Boys to keep AC/DC from coming to the tailgate.

GSUsTALON
03-29-2019, 03:49 PM
It’s not creepy. It’s called interests beyond one’s small world.

Thanks CAS

[QUOTE=Vet70;1345573]Talon---you are worrying too much about what some other posters think.

Your right VET, but 2 years ago I had quite a few Bison Fans pounce on me for saying that you should move up to the G5. After being bashed by at least 5 Bison Fans that didn't give any good reasons why, except to call me an idiot, One very good Bison poster gave me the facts & break down that I needed to understand the problem. Thus, I have not posted another NDSU move up thread on this board. I still get a little edgy when 1 or 2 Bison Fans tell me that *(I'm not a true fan of NDSU)* and go back to the GSU board.

I always give the Bison Football team praise for being the BEST of he BEST in FCS. I truly admire NDSUs *CONSISTENCY !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vet70
03-29-2019, 03:54 PM
I don't think Talon puts too much thought into the shots he gets here. GSU's board hits way harder...which is why I like those guys. They take jabs for the fun of it...and because they like the poster. That's why I call it out here when people take jabs not in fun, but to be a dick. Looks bad on us.

That's also why I'm on a crusade to get Loaf banned. He finally got ousted from Thunderstruck Makers. I am confident the report will come out that he not only colluded with UND, but also with the Backstreet Boys to keep AC/DC from coming to the tailgate.

Ban Loaf? Sign me up. I don't believe the collusion charge but I know for a fact he is trying to squelch the investigation into Thunderstruck's finances.

GSUsTALON
03-29-2019, 04:02 PM
I don't think Talon puts too much thought into the shots he gets here. GSU's board hits way harder...which is why I like those guys. They take jabs for the fun of it...and because they like the poster. That's why I call it out here when people take jabs not in fun, but to be a dick. Looks bad on us..

TA- "I don't think Talon puts too much thought into the shots he gets here."

TALON - THANKS AGAIN TA! I just dont want to make war over a post on NDSUs main football board. If you remember when the few that were on my case for being a GSU poster on this board and were running GSU down *(I put up a post on your smack board to continue the conversation as not to get in trouble by your mods.)*

TA - GSU's board hits way harder...which is why I like those guys. They take jabs for the fun of it...and because they like the poster.

TALON - TA is one of the Talon Talk smack boards favorite posters from an outside team during football season. TA give's us $h!t and we give it right back with no hard feelings.

PARTY ON BISON FANS

TALON

www.gsufans.com (Talon Talk) smack board.