PDA

View Full Version : 3/22 NCAA Tournament Second (aka First) Round vs #1 Duke!

Pages : [1] 2

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 01:15 AM
Let's get it started! If the unthinkable happens this thread is destined for the Hall of Fame!

What do the Bison need to do just to get into the same zip code as Duke? IMO, they're going to have to shoot something absurd like 60%+ from three since Duke is going to murder them on the boards so stops will be few and far between and it will be very difficult for the Bison to score inside the arc with Duke's superior athletes.

Why not us? Why not now?

KSBisonFan
03-21-2019, 01:20 AM
After beating Duke, would we rather play UCF or VCU? Discuss.

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2019, 01:20 AM
strommer needed to make this. hes got the hot hand

GreenfieldBison
03-21-2019, 01:26 AM
I hear Zion tastes like Dentyne.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 01:27 AM
strommer needed to make this. hes got the hot hand
Fine by me if he wants to start another one and we can delete this one.

If not I'm fine with taking full responsibility for a potential Bison loss on Friday.

Bisonator98
03-21-2019, 01:27 AM
Need to shoot lot's and lot's of 3's. I don't know if we were perfect it would matter much though. There's just no way this is a good game. I just hope it's not too embarrassing.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 01:31 AM
If Duke has a weakness it's their own 3 point shooting which is 338th out of 353 teams in D1 at 30.6%. If there was ever a time for the Bison to play zone....

Maybe it wasn't a coincidence that they went 1-3-1 for a few possessions tonight? Of course it makes defensive rebounding even harder when you play zone so maybe they're better off not messing around with a defense they have virtually no experience with.

Bison"FANatic"
03-21-2019, 01:35 AM
If we shoot 80% from 3 we may keep it within 15. Maybe...

23Bison
03-21-2019, 01:39 AM
I just want the score the be closer than what it was against Gonzaga.

KSBisonFan
03-21-2019, 01:51 AM
A fun fact:. After we curbstomp the Dukies, Dave will have another 20-win season to his credit.

Tony Almeida
03-21-2019, 01:54 AM
I just want the score the be closer than what it was against Gonzaga.The Bison are a different team now, maybe 20 pts better...which still makes that game a blow-out.

The Bison had a tough night rebounding against NC Central sooo...also, they tend to go on 3-4 minute scoring droughts, do this against Duke and it will get ugly fast. When the season is over, the players need to take Deng Geu out on a baseball or football field and play catch with him every day. I've noticed all season long he has poor hand-eye coordination, he is clumsy at times...improve this and he will be a force.

Coach K and his boys were watching this game tonight and they know exactly what they have to do to defend the Bison.

NDSU92
03-21-2019, 02:11 AM
Duke has probably every advantage over us other than 3pt shooting, player age and potentially wanting it more. At the end of the day, each team gets 40 minutes and 5 players on the court at a time. Start strong and see what happens

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 02:18 AM
Coach K and his boys were watching this game tonight and they know exactly what they have to do to defend the Bison.
I bet he's already knee deep in spring practice stuff down in the Little Apple. :D

Mr Meaty
03-21-2019, 02:29 AM
Coach K is shitting the bed tonight. We B ball’n ...

ndsubison1
03-21-2019, 02:36 AM
Duke favored by 27. Could've got +35 this am.

Stary2k11
03-21-2019, 02:43 AM

Only way the Bison keep it below 27 is if Duke shuts it down after halftime. Based on what I saw tonight, 40-45 sounds about right.

Snowgoose
03-21-2019, 02:46 AM

I have to imagine the guys are having a blast/laugh figuring out who is going to guard Zion. He is just such a freak it is unreal. He will be the second heaviest player in the nba next season.

EC8CH
03-21-2019, 02:47 AM
I have to imagine the guys are having a blast/laugh figuring out who is going to guard Zion. He is just such a freak it is unreal. He will be the second heaviest player in the nba next season.

We need dex back.

JohnnyExtacy
03-21-2019, 02:50 AM

2nd heaviest with arguably the highest vertical. Unreal athlete.

Vet70
03-21-2019, 02:58 AM

Are kicks in the groin acceptable?

ndsubison1
03-21-2019, 03:06 AM
Need to shoot lot's and lot's of 3's. I don't know if we were perfect it would matter much though. There's just no way this is a good game. I just hope it's not too embarrassing.

Well we arent getting to the rim. At least Bolden might be out.

ndsubison1
03-21-2019, 03:08 AM
Only way the Bison keep it below 27 is if Duke shuts it down after halftime. Based on what I saw tonight, 40-45 sounds about right.

I will bet my life on +40

AKBison
03-21-2019, 03:13 AM

See the 3, be the 3. Let it rain Bison and enjoy playing against a future NBA super star.

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2019, 03:24 AM
Did Richman ever offer Zion? He'd be nice to pair next to Kruser. Modern day twin towers.

Strommer10
03-21-2019, 04:01 AM
Fine by me if he wants to start another one and we can delete this one.

If not I'm fine with taking full responsibility for a potential Bison loss on Friday.

NDSU will need some divine intervention on Friday. I'm not sure it matters who starts the game thread. NDSU is playing with house money and has nothing to lose on Friday. What an opportunity in primetime on CBS with Jim Nantz & Bill Raftery broadcasting the game.

ndsubison1
03-21-2019, 04:13 AM
NDSU will need some divine intervention on Friday. I'm not sure it matters who starts the game thread. NDSU is playing with house money and has nothing to lose on Friday. What an opportunity in primetime on CBS with Jim Nantz & Bill Raftery broadcasting the game.

Never thought Id see the day Nantz does a Bison game. That is awesome.

Vet70
03-21-2019, 04:14 AM

I think the only question in this game is whether ndsubison1 lives or not. Anyone know who he is and where he lives just in case?

HerdThat!
03-21-2019, 05:11 AM
Keys to the game for the team:
1) go the the local middle school consult their basketball coach on what boxing out is how to rebound
2) have the facilities manager slit all pairs of blue Nike’s coming in to the arena Friday
3) double team Zion with Rocky and Ward, double Barrett with Samuelson and Griesel, man to man on Reddish with Geu and leave Tre and Bolden open all game
4) sell Bison shirts outside the arena for all attendees to the games that aren’t Duke fans to create a home atmosphere
5) Will Veasley creates the game plan
6) spit on the floor when Zion is trucking down the lane so he slips on launch

This should help us cover the spread

80ALUM
03-21-2019, 05:35 AM
1) go the the local middle school consult their basketball coach on what boxing out is how to rebound
2) have the facilities manager slit all pairs of blue Nike’s coming in to the arena Friday
3) double team Zion with Rocky and Ward, double Barrett with Samuelson and Griesel, man to man on Reddish with Geu and leave Tre and Bolden open all game
4) sell Bison shirts outside the arena for all attendees to the games that aren’t Duke fans to create a home atmosphere

7. Bribe local highschool kids to wear NDSU shirts to look like we have fans. (Purple, cause that's what Fawkers did the one time they danced)

MangyOldBison
03-21-2019, 05:55 AM
This matchup is the essence of March Madness. And the basketball equivalent of this!:

https://youtu.be/zbQTXFJL8lo

Go Deng Geu! Deng dem Dukes! Go Bison!!
Hey SlickVic! Guess what? I gotta fever. And the only prescription is more Deng Geu!

https://youtu.be/W9EZ2j8bFBI

bisonp
03-21-2019, 11:59 AM
I'm having a hard time getting excited for this one. I'm not convinced getting blown out by 30+ is good exposure. Who remembers those teams each year as anything but irrelevant? While last night was fun to watch, we just barely beat the worst team by far in the tourney from a league that is supposedly far inferior while getting out-muscled in the process. Exceeding expectations or not, things are much worse not just with the Bison but with the Summit than previous years.

Oh well, not going to dwell on it. Hopefully this year is a springboard for a resurgence next year. That can start tomorrow with a respectable showing, however unlikely that is.

stevdock
03-21-2019, 12:03 PM
Did Richman ever offer Zion? He'd be nice to pair next to Kruser. Modern day twin towers.

If we did get him would they play at the same time?

We'll see if we can cover the spread, but I think a more interesting bet would be if Zion can have a 30-30 game against us. After watching last night, I would say the only way he doesn't is if they pull their guys really early.

Vet70
03-21-2019, 12:31 PM
I'm having a hard time getting excited for this one. I'm not convinced getting blown out by 30+ is good exposure. Who remembers those teams each year as anything but irrelevant? While last night was fun to watch, we just barely beat the worst team by far in the tourney from a league that is supposedly far inferior while getting out-muscled in the process. Exceeding expectations or not, things are much worse not just with the Bison but with the Summit than previous years.

Oh well, not going to dwell on it. Hopefully, this year is a springboard for a resurgence next year. That can start tomorrow with a respectable showing, however unlikely that is.

I fully understand what you are saying. Kind of gives a little perspective on how teams like San Diego in football come into the Dome knowing their fate. In spite of what is likely to happen tomorrow night, I would rather the Bison be in this position than going to the NIT and getting knocked out right away or sitting at home like UN_.

tony
03-21-2019, 12:40 PM
If we did get him would they play at the same time?

We'll see if we can cover the spread, but I think a more interesting bet would be if Zion can have a 30-30 game against us. After watching last night, I would say the only way he doesn't is if they pull their guys really early.

HAHAHAHAHA! (for the bolded part)

This is, as Vet70 said, kind of like San Diego v NDSU, except that it wouldn't take two games for NDSU to get to double digits.

But, hey, millions and millions of people will be rooting for NDSU just because they hate Duke so we've got that going for us.

IndyBison
03-21-2019, 12:45 PM

Oh well, not going to dwell on it. Hopefully this year is a springboard for a resurgence next year. That can start tomorrow with a respectable showing, however unlikely that is.
This particular game probably won't remembered, but from a marketing perspective exposure is always good and builds the brand. People have seen the name 4 times in the last 10 years in the tournament. In one of those they were a popular pick for an upset as a 12 seed and then followed through. Add in the exposure of 7 national championships in 8 years and the success of Carson Wentz in Philly and this helps reinforce and build the brand. By Monday most people will have forgotten who Duke beat in the first round, but the general Bison brand will have received a huge boost from the opportunity.

No_Skill
03-21-2019, 12:57 PM

To expand on #3 we may want to try doubling all 5 Dukies.

Strommer10
03-21-2019, 01:02 PM
This particular game probably won't remembered, but from a marketing perspective exposure is always good and builds the brand. People have seen the name 4 times in the last 10 years in the tournament. In one of those they were a popular pick for an upset as a 12 seed and then followed through. Add in the exposure of 7 national championships in 8 years and the success of Carson Wentz in Philly and this helps reinforce and build the brand. By Monday most people will have forgotten who Duke beat in the first round, but the general Bison brand will have received a huge boost from the opportunity.
THIS!
Others also have to remember, this year was supposed to be Daum's coronation in the NCAA Tournament. SDSU was supposed to get their first NCAA Tournament win this year (According to bunny fans). Instead SDSU bows out of the NIT in front of 500 fans.

NDSU secured its 2nd NCAA Tournament win last night and everything beyond this is just gravy IMO.

HerdBot
03-21-2019, 01:11 PM
I think most of the country expects duke to win their first game by 30 against half the bracket. I'll be happy if it's a 15 point loss and the exposure will be huge. Building toward next year when we will have the entire team back plus a 7 foot Center.

Who knows maybe we play out of our minds and Duke plays like crap with the long layover. Maybe they take us lightly

RedRiver
03-21-2019, 01:15 PM

Really? It's about exposure for NDSU and an opportunity for the team. Maybe NDSU should ask not to have their game with Duke on CBS during prime time with the A team announcers. Still whining after a NDSU win in the NCAA basketball tournament, something that will be accomplished by only 30 some teams out of 350 DI schools.

CalBison97
03-21-2019, 01:15 PM

Another telling sign of our rise to fame? The correct pronunciation of biZun (the Z does not stand for Zion).

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 01:29 PM

As a fan it can be different but as a competitor (and I'm a competitive fan) it should be easy getting excited for this one. If you can't get excited about playing Duke on primetime CBS in the NCAA Tournament there's something wrong with you.

23Bison
03-21-2019, 01:30 PM
Well I think the spread is about right. If they play another relatively complete game it could be like the loss against Zags a few years ago where the 3’s rained down toward the end and ended up being like an 11 point loss because Dukes starters will all be out the last couple minutes.

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2019, 01:32 PM

Oh well, not going to dwell on it. Hopefully this year is a springboard for a resurgence next year. That can start tomorrow with a respectable showing, however unlikely that is.I think you're overthinking things. Ndsu vs next yrs top nba pick and a legendary coach/legendary bball program on CBS?

Is a football game vs UNI on espn3 more exciting?

EC8CH
03-21-2019, 02:01 PM
I think you're overthinking things. Ndsu vs next yrs top nba pick and a legendary coach/legendary bball program on CBS?

Is a football game vs UNI on espn3 more exciting?

They both tickle my fancy in different ways.

Vet70
03-21-2019, 02:03 PM
I think everyone is realistic about the outcome of the game tomorrow night. But to be pleased with an xyz point loss? No thanks, I'll leave the moral victories to UN_.

Loud and Proud Bison fan
03-21-2019, 02:09 PM
I am excited as a fan. You cannot ask for more exposure. I guarantee in Vegas, there is decent money on the game too, so I am not the only one excited ;)

After watching last night though, Zion may break the NCAA tournament record for rebounds.

tournament record: 34, Fred Cohen, Temple vs. Connecticut, 1956
Tournament team record: 86, Notre Dame vs. Tennessee Tech, 1958

Most rebounds in a single game: 51 Bill Chambers-William & Mary vs Virginia February 14, 1953

TransAmBison
03-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Maybe the Bison will run the barking like dogs inbounds play. I'll text Dave. Duke would never recover. :)

JMB
03-21-2019, 02:42 PM
Listening to the PowerTrip on KFAN this morning... If we win, Tommy Olsen and Meatsauce said they will walk to Fargo. The team could use that for motivation!

IzzyFlexion
03-21-2019, 02:45 PM
I think everyone is realistic about the outcome of the game tomorrow night. But to be pleased with an xyz point loss? No thanks, I'll leave the moral victories to UN_.

I'm in this camp.
Paging through the <think we'll lose by..…..> posts is killin me.

Strommer10
03-21-2019, 02:45 PM
Game preview from Duke's perspective:

https://247sports.com/college/duke/LongFormArticle/previewing-top-ranked-duke-vs-north-dakota-state-in-NCAA-opening-round-130324717/#130324717_1

GreenfieldBison
03-21-2019, 02:52 PM
... and another

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2019/3/21/18275330/first-up-for-duke-in-the2019-ncaa-tournament-north-dakota-state-zion-williamson-rj-barrett

IzzyFlexion
03-21-2019, 02:58 PM
I like the Tyson Ward on Williamson matchup.

Ward might be able to get him into some foul trouble with his kick ass shot fakes in the post.

Bison"FANatic"
03-21-2019, 03:07 PM
... and another

https://www.dukebasketballreport.com/2019/3/21/18275330/first-up-for-duke-in-the2019-ncaa-tournament-north-dakota-state-zion-williamson-rj-barrett

Interesting that they are bringing up Meidinger and Wilson did they even click on the year stats before they wrote the article..............

"The Bison are pretty big. Jordan Meidinger is 7-0 and 240, Rocky Kreuser 6-10 and 260 and Odell Wilson is a rough matchup for Zion Williamson, at least physically: he’s 6-6 and 255 (his dad played football at Penn State) but didn't play against NCCU and ESPN doesn’t list him...."

GreenfieldBison
03-21-2019, 03:45 PM
Interesting that they are bringing up Meidinger and Wilson did they even click on the year stats before they wrote the article..............

They probably gave the Bison as much mind share as their team is and tried not to offend anyone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison Gal
03-21-2019, 03:55 PM

https://247sports.com/college/duke/LongFormArticle/previewing-top-ranked-duke-vs-north-dakota-state-in-NCAA-opening-round-130324717/#130324717_1

I like this preview--I hope Duke's team is also more worried about no injuries and resting up for game 2. What a fun couple of days for Bison fans to think "what if"....

Mr Meaty
03-21-2019, 04:11 PM
Let the madness begin. See if there is a day one Cinderella or if she does not show up until about 8:00 Friday night...

bri-dog
03-21-2019, 04:38 PM

Coach Rickman?

https://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2018/05/snape.jpg?w=446&h=299&crop=1

ByeSonBusiness
03-21-2019, 04:39 PM
If NDSU keeps it within 10 I might get a tattoo.

If they win I will get a face tattoo.

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2019, 05:09 PM
Listening to the PowerTrip on KFAN this morning... If we win, Tommy Olsen and Meatsauce said they will walk to Fargo. The team could use that for motivation!

haha.

they gotta get back somehow

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2019, 05:15 PM

Ward might be able to get him into some foul trouble with his kick ass shot fakes in the post.

Holy preposterous statement alert.

Its like watching Fred Hoiberg guard LeBron James. Zion will be the single most intimidating specimen NDSU has ever seen in any sport.

bri-dog
03-21-2019, 05:21 PM
Holy preposterous statement alert.

Its like watching Fred Hoiberg guard LeBron James. Zion will be the single most intimidating specimen NDSU has ever seen in any sport.

C'mon, now. That curler from the Rochester Institute of Technology was pretty damn good.

Professorbum
03-21-2019, 05:47 PM
So, in high school I once got involved in a pick-up game against Larry Bird's brother, Eddie, and a couple of Eddie's HS teammates, at the Bird home in French Lick, Indiana. It's been a fun story to tell ever since. For our guys playing against Zion, it'll be kind of the same thing.

MNLonghorn10
03-21-2019, 05:55 PM
So, in high school I once got involved in a pick-up game against Larry Bird's brother, Eddie, and a couple of Eddie's HS teammates, at the Bird home in French Lick, Indiana. It's been a fun story to tell ever since. For our guys playing against Zion, it'll be kind of the same thing.

where was larry?

EC8CH
03-21-2019, 05:58 PM

This story is the white guy equivalent of sketches with Charlie Murphy on the Chappelle Show. Think of all the shit Eddie Bird could get into.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 06:10 PM
this story is the white guy equivalent of sketches with charlie murphy on the chappelle show. Think of all the shit eddie bird could get into.
They should've never gave you whiteys money!!!

Bison03
03-21-2019, 07:09 PM
As a Duke and NDSU fan. I am interrested to see how I will react during this game. Knowing the overwhelming probable outcome makes it a little easier to straight up cheer for Bison success.

RamDawg
03-21-2019, 07:24 PM
As a JMU fan I thought I would never say....GO BIZON! I'm also a long time VCU fan/supporter so until Saturday, me along with millions of other respectable basketball fans will be pulling for the Bizon.

ndsubison1
03-21-2019, 08:35 PM

I hope we arent in man.

Professor Chaos
03-21-2019, 08:58 PM
As a Duke and NDSU fan. I am interrested to see how I will react during this game. Knowing the overwhelming probable outcome makes it a little easier to straight up cheer for Bison success.
I'm a Kansas/NDSU fan and in that March 2009 game there was no conflict. For at least that game I was very ready for my "other favorite team" in KU to lose.

Bison03
03-21-2019, 09:15 PM
I'm a Kansas/NDSU fan and in that March 2009 game there was no conflict. For at least that game I was very ready for my "other favorite team" in KU to lose.
I am going to the Final 4 this year and would love to see Duke there. I guess NDSU playing there would be ok to. Lol

Professorbum
03-21-2019, 09:57 PM
where was larry?

I'm guessing in Boston. I don't recall that we asked, although we probably did.

Bisonator98
03-21-2019, 11:42 PM
Was there a presser today with Duke and NDSU?

KSBisonFan
03-22-2019, 01:44 AM
Prediction:. We might get our asses kicked on the court but we won't lose the game. It may take a few years but we need to be patient. When Duke has to vacate their wins due to NCAA violations for the recruitment of Zion, their win gets erased. It's all good. Patience, people.

Professorbum
03-22-2019, 02:23 AM
If we can somehow keep it reasonably close (less than 20), we'll be doing betting than the other 15's and 16's. They were all getting curb-stomped today.

NDSU92
03-22-2019, 03:43 AM
If we can somehow keep it reasonably close (less than 20), we'll be doing betting than the other 15's and 16's. They were all getting curb-stomped today.

Certainly better for us than another 1 seed getting upset

RonMexico
03-22-2019, 01:09 PM
From the Fantasy Sports Network morning show

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xae2dj6xRU0

Professor Chaos
03-22-2019, 01:16 PM
It's game day gumdrops! Hopefully the boys play like there's nothing to lose today because.... well.... there isn't. I'm pretty sure no one outside their locker room expects them to win but practically everyone will be rooting for them.

Mr Meaty
03-22-2019, 01:23 PM
I believe that we will win!!!!!!!!!!! clap clap clap.

tjbison
03-22-2019, 01:24 PM
Imagine the emotions the team is feeling, I just hope they have fun and soak it all in, let the chips fall and after 40 minutes see were they end up.

Great experience for them

No_Skill
03-22-2019, 01:28 PM
Hopefully we land closer to the Michigan St. vs Bradley game rather than the Gonzaga vs F. Dick. game.

Bison"FANatic"
03-22-2019, 01:29 PM
Rain 3's
Limit Catastrophic Turnovers
Get a few rebounds
Somehow get Duke to foul and make them uncomfortable
PRAY

Enjoy the Stage and give them our best shot and you never know what happens

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 01:31 PM
Fuck em...

THEsocalledfan
03-22-2019, 01:50 PM
Richman winning gameplan for this one:

When you cross half court, shoot and never miss.

We do that, we win the game.

bisonp
03-22-2019, 02:12 PM
ESPN Matchup Predictor has NDSU at 0.9%.

Obligatory:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.gif

Mr Meaty
03-22-2019, 02:17 PM

Obligatory:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.gif

So you are saying there is a chance. Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 02:23 PM

Obligatory:

https://media.giphy.com/media/ToMjGpKniGqRNLGBrhu/giphy.gifHigher than I wouldve guessed

Bisonator98
03-22-2019, 02:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1qxjpHItZc

Professor Chaos
03-22-2019, 02:27 PM
UMBC was a 20.5 point underdog last year against Virginia when they destroyed the line by 40 points. Right now the Vegas consensus is Duke -27... so NDSU needs to win by 13 or more to outdo the University of Maryland Bet Crushers.

I'll probably just take a win though. :D As Herb Brooks once said "Great moments are born from great opportunity". (apologies for the hockey reference)

Strommer10
03-22-2019, 02:47 PM
UMBC was a 20.5 point underdog last year against Virginia when they destroyed the line by 40 points. Right now the Vegas consensus is Duke -27... so NDSU needs to win by 13 or more to outdo the University of Maryland Bet Crushers.

I'll probably just take a win though. :D As Herb Brooks once said "Great moments are born from great opportunity". (apologies for the hockey reference)

If ever there was a time for Richman to have a Herb Brooks type pre-game speech, tonight is it.

EC8CH
03-22-2019, 02:52 PM

https://media2.giphy.com/media/zKsfeEYZI4Ku4/giphy.gif

GreenfieldBison
03-22-2019, 03:02 PM
Bison hoops received some serious love on WCCO (owned by CBS) in the Twin Cities this morning. They not only teased the game on their station tonight but pointed out all the local talent on the team with photos and big NORTH DAKOTA STATE BISON banner at the top. They also showed some Vinny Shahid highlights from the first four game. Tre Jones received only a verbal mention. They spent at least fifteen seconds on this piece, perhaps more. It was at least as much time as they gave to the Gophers upset discussion.

Nice.

ndsubison1
03-22-2019, 03:06 PM
Well I hope we pack the paint and hope they miss 3s. They aren't a good jump shooting team, but I know that wont matter. Hit a bunch of 3s, but they are a terrific defensive team too. I think Ward can do OK and Im interested to watch Shahid try to hold his own against Jones. Looks like Bolden is playing for them but not starting. They are a young team, lets jump on them and see how they react. Yale had LSU shitting their pants the last few minutes. I think we cover the 27 pt spread.

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 03:10 PM
Sucks UMBC won last yr. I mean I love seeing the 16 1 upset in my life..but That probably woke up all of the 1s for the foreseeable future.

cbline
03-22-2019, 03:17 PM

"Hoosiers" vs. the game tonight:

1. In the movie, South Bend wore blue and white uniforms, and lost. Duke wears blue and white.

2. Hickory had gold as a school color. NDSU has gold as a school color.

3. South Bend was the "Bears" with five letters. Each Duke player is "Devil," also five letters.

Coincidences??? I leave that for each person to decide.

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 03:22 PM
The home for Fighting Hawk sports KFGO is nonstop NDSU this morning. Lulz. The last few days actually

Even gap tooth has been on the road in Dayton and now Columbia. Proseed springing forward some money so he can go on these trips that he normally would rarely get to go on

cbline
03-22-2019, 03:28 PM
The home for Fighting Hawk sports KFGO is nonstop NDSU this morning. Lulz. The last few days actually

Even gap tooth has been on the road in Dayton and now Columbia. Proseed springing forward some money so he can go on these trips that he normally would rarely get to go on

I absolutely HATE it when Gap Tooth rides NDSU's coattails. Seeing him in Bison gear in Frisco burned my butt. He once again proves his true colors by hitching his wagon to a winner .

Vet70
03-22-2019, 03:38 PM

Phtt. Bing gives us a 5% chance.

Sioux27
03-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Fuck em...

This might be the best pregame speech of all time for tonights game!!!!!

bruinbison
03-22-2019, 04:45 PM
NBAdraft.net has the following projections for the 2019 NBA draft:

#1 - Zion Williamson - 6’ 6” 280 - PF - FR - Duke

#3 - R.J. Barrett - Duke - 6’ 6” 210 - SG - FR - Duke

#8 - Cameron Reddish - 6’ 7” 215 - SG/SF - FR - Duke

#33 (3rd pick 2nd rd) - Tre Jones - 6’ 2” 185 - PG - Duke

ESPN has them 1, 2, 6, 31......

Am looking forward to Vinnie Shahid taking on Duke PG Tre Jones.
Looks like they played in high school......:)
Shahid (SR) Hopkins HS, Jones (Soph) - Apple Valley

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2016/03/10/class-4a-basketball-hopkins-defeats-apple-valley-in-state-semis/amp/

Class 4A basketball: Hopkins dethrones Apple Valley

Hopkins was the only team to beat Apple Valley this season.

And now the Royals have done it twice.

Hopkins (30-1) put the clamps on Apple Valley, knocking off the Eagles 84-60 on Thursday night in the Class 4A semifinals at Target Center — ending Apple Valley’s repeat bid after winning last year’s title.

Hopkins went on to win the championship, finishing 31-1 on the season.

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 06:02 PM
NBAdraft.net has the following projections for the 2019 NBA draft:

#1 - Zion Williamson - 6’ 6” 280 - PF - FR - Duke

#3 - R.J. Barrett - Duke - 6’ 6” 210 - SG - FR - Duke

#8 - Cameron Reddish - 6’ 7” 215 - SG/SF - FR - Duke

#33 (3rd pick 2nd rd) - Tre Jones - 6’ 2” 185 - PG - Duke

ESPN has them 1, 2, 6, 31......

Am looking forward to Vinnie Shahid taking on Duke PG Tre Jones.
Looks like they played in high school......:)
Shahid (SR) Hopkins HS, Jones (Soph) - Apple Valley

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.twincities.com/2016/03/10/class-4a-basketball-hopkins-defeats-apple-valley-in-state-semis/amp/

Hopkins went on to win the championship, finishing 31-1 on the season.

kinda cool.

i dont think trey is as good as tyus in college. but hes known as one of the best defensive players in college so vinnie has his work cut out

ThunderDan
03-22-2019, 08:03 PM
Sucks UMBC won last yr. I mean I love seeing the 16 1 upset in my life..but That probably woke up all of the 1s for the foreseeable future.

Not so fast my friend!

Virginia looking to go 2 in a row

Strommer10
03-22-2019, 08:03 PM
16 seed Gardner Webb is LEADING at halftime against #1 Virginia 36-30. This game is also in Columbia, SC. Not sure if it helps NDSU's confidence for tonight. Interesting to see Virginia struggle again after last year.

GreenfieldBison
03-22-2019, 08:51 PM
Sunny and Snorty down here in Minneapolis. Got this going.

Hey - this shit works for FB. BisonTeacher better get that stumplifter going...

BisonAccountant44
03-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Stolen from Facebookhttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190322/d3a02721cd5b55a39ffad01073ed73cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

bri-dog
03-22-2019, 09:26 PM
I was at the bar yesterday manning the TVs (channels, sound, etc) and there was a guy sitting next to me that was obviously a basketball fan -- brackets spread out on the bar. I told him my favorite team won their play-in game and now face Duke. I said that NDSU doesn't have much of a chance, but that they'd have a few million fans. Because nobody like Duke, am I right? He turns to me and says "I went to Duke". Oops. :D

barnwintersportsengelstad
03-22-2019, 09:29 PM
[QUOTE=MNLonghorn10;1344454]The home for Fighting Hawk sports KFGO is nonstop NDSU this morning. Lulz. The last few days actually

This is interesting stuff, it's at the highest level.

bisonp
03-22-2019, 11:05 PM
NDSU flags go across the screen as they talk about Duke. Nice.

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 11:05 PM
Shock the world!!!!!!!!!!!!

and keep it within 15

Vet70
03-22-2019, 11:06 PM
The announcer just said it is Duke v. Iona tonight. I guess we are off the hook.

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 11:12 PM
we're fucked lmao

bisonp
03-22-2019, 11:13 PM
Woohoo, Bison lead!

NDSUstudent
03-22-2019, 11:14 PM
Vinnie for THREEEEEEEEEEE!

MontBison
03-22-2019, 11:17 PM
You guys Jim Nantz and Bill Raferty all calling a game we are playing in. That’s maybe the most mind blowing thing of this game

TAILG8R
Go Bison!!!!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ByeSonBusiness
Trololol eat shit duke!

HerdBot
03-22-2019, 11:18 PM
Holy shit we aren't fuckin around!

sbark
Be a win of a battle to make coach k call a time out

Winning the war ultimately ...time will tell :)

IzzyFlexion
Fred Hoiberg just scored on LeBron James...……………………..

MNLonghorn10
holy shit...what in the fuck?

tjbison
03-22-2019, 11:19 PM

Lol...my thoughts exactly

Good start

SC_TX
Say Bisons one more time you son of a gun

HerdBot

Duke looks like they aren't taking us seriously. But we look pretty damn good. That was awesome

Vet70
03-22-2019, 11:20 PM
Duke players have to be pissed.

sbark
03-22-2019, 11:21 PM
Zion only guy
Thought they were all 5 star recruits for duke

sbark
03-22-2019, 11:23 PM
Duke fully extending d....gotta have nads to the hole

Or....double high horns offense to spread the d

HerdBot
03-22-2019, 11:25 PM
We need to calm down. We look nervous

MNLonghorn10
NDSU needs to play a box zone no further than 10 feet from the rim. let them shoot jumpers

ByeSonBusiness
Duke cant shoot 3's apparently? Lmao. Cool.

RonMexico
03-22-2019, 11:27 PM
They need to start setting some off-the-ball screens to free someone up. Everyone just standing around

Bison03
Both teams shooting pretty bad

ndsubison1
Only Richman would have us in man

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 11:28 PM
they look like an NBA team vs the jr high bison. good lord.

17>1
You know me, half glass full, but Deng needs to catch that pass from Ward. Easy dunk from inside gets us out of this drought. Flip side, that start was worth the price of admission...if I had paid...and was there. Go Bison!

Mr Meaty
Settle down and take care of the ball

Vet70
03-22-2019, 11:29 PM
they look like an NBA team vs the jr high bison. good lord.

Clearly outmatched.

GreenfieldBison
How many are we down so far?

DIBISON
Only Richman would have us in man

Why not, its worked so far.

blackdiamond2
We have to try to limit live ball turnovers. We have to try to make them go against a defense. Everybody has a foot in the paint.

We need to keep attaching the basket and look for kick out three's. Zion is going to be crashing for big time blocks. They are switching big guys out top we need to be ready for the guards to attack the bigs. We had a little better spacing with Rocky in th

HerdBot
You know me, half glass full, but Deng needs to catch that pass from Ward. Easy dunk from inside gets us out of this drought. Flip side, that start was worth the price of admission...if I had paid...and was there. Go Bison!

Deng's hands are not soft. Needs some stickem

MNLonghorn10
03-22-2019, 11:30 PM

theyre going to get easy inside buckets.

ndsubison1
03-22-2019, 11:30 PM

Because they cant shoot. Were gonna give up drives more

RonMexico
03-22-2019, 11:35 PM
set some damn screens!!!

bisonp
Out rebounding Duke by 9? Crazy.

HerdBot
What gear duke defense, we need to be more decisive and shoot faster vs an nba caliber team

TAILG8R
03-22-2019, 11:36 PM
Someone tell me why 13 is in the game?????

TAILG8R
03-22-2019, 11:36 PM
Also we are started to look Lost.

tjbison
03-22-2019, 11:37 PM
Wheels coming off....

Hunter cant hit the rim

ndsubison1
Get Ward in and go to a damn zone already

bisonp

Yeah, but it was a fun 10 minutes.

HerdBot

And nervous. Bunch of uncontested air balls and shots that aren't even close.

TAILG8R
03-22-2019, 11:38 PM
Yeah, but it was a fun 10 minutes.Yes it was!!

HerdBot
Wheels coming off....

Hunter cant hit the rim

Still time to right the ship

MNLonghorn10
ok. it was fun while it lasted

IzzyFlexion
Pretty sure we'll see Ward after the TO.
He's gotta be in there.....

Vet70
03-22-2019, 11:39 PM
Yeah, but it was a fun 10 minutes.

At least we didn't get down 19-0.

NDSUBowler
At least NDSU won my favorite MM bet, first to 15!

Bet them at +700 and whole sports book knew what we bet when NDSU hit 15 (despite a lot of nerves being stuck at 14 for ages)

Bisonator98
Not shooting well enough. Need to pack the defense defense and not let them inside. Make the shoot from outside and we can keep it close.

blackdiamond2
03-22-2019, 11:40 PM
Barrett hurt his ankle hopefully that thing tightens up.

MontBison
03-22-2019, 11:40 PM
I mean we’re about to get our dicks blown off but at least we had the lead for almost 10 min lol

TAILG8R
03-22-2019, 11:42 PM
If we could hit a few shots we'd be galling right now. Not that we would run away with it but we could at least be leading stil

bisonp
03-22-2019, 11:42 PM
Rocky with a block on Zion to go with one on Barrett. Nice.

HerdBot
03-22-2019, 11:43 PM
Cmon Deng you gotta shoot that

RonMexico
What the hell is this offense? Watch the guys without the ball...no one is moving...everyone just standing there..

blackdiamond2
it is 6:10 left and we are down 18 to 16. We are doing pretty good.

SC_TX
03-22-2019, 11:44 PM
5 minute scoring drought and only losing by 4 against Duke??

TAILG8R
D has been fantastic but our shots of late are super embarrassing.

twinsguy03
I don't expect a win but we need to run the downhill offense we ran the 1st 8 mins of this game and the last quarter of the season.

ByeSonBusiness
03-22-2019, 11:45 PM
How many airballs can a team shoot lmao

Olton Hall
03-22-2019, 11:46 PM
Maybe it's a good thing I'm not able to watch the game and have to shut my phone off in a few minutes as I'd be biting my finger nails like mad

bisonp
03-22-2019, 11:46 PM
D has been fantastic but our shots of late are super embarrassing.

Exactly opposite of what was expected.

ByeSonBusiness
03-22-2019, 11:47 PM
This is fucking cool

TAILG8R
03-22-2019, 11:48 PM
Let's get out of this half keeping it respectable and I call that a major win.

NDSUstudent
03-22-2019, 11:48 PM
Vinnie!!!!!!

sbark
03-22-2019, 11:49 PM
Gaining r.e.s.p.e.c.t.

Cue the Motown song by a.franklin

NDSUstudent
Defensively not sure we could play any better than we have. Offense now finding some rhythm.

GreenfieldBison
Looks like them Bisons came to play!!

HerdBot
03-22-2019, 11:50 PM

Yep. Only 2:35 to half with hopefully vinny putting us up by 1, which is a miracle

Gotta be a low scoring game to have a shot

twinsguy03

Yes but we won't call it a moral victory like our neighbors 75 miles North

blackdiamond2
All eyes are going to be on this game Friday night! We are tied with 2 minutes left in 1st half people with the number one team in the country. It all gravy after this!

ndsubison1
We want Bama

Vet70
Tied at 24---the Duke board must be going crazy.

MNLonghorn10
settled down.

still need to give up the one on one and force them to take jumpers

Snowgoose
This is fun. Absolutely great defense so far. Need to move on offense or have drive and kicks. Yes

sbark
03-22-2019, 11:51 PM
Maybe coach saving a surprise install for 2nd half

Horns

blackdiamond2
03-22-2019, 11:52 PM
we are only 2/13 from 3 point land.

WestCoastBison
03-22-2019, 11:53 PM
Looking good. Bison always seem to show up for a good scrap.

ByeSonBusiness
03-22-2019, 11:56 PM
Looking good. Bison always seem to show up for a good scrap.

In the tourney yeah. The only let down was the San Diego State game.

ZHerd
03-22-2019, 11:58 PM
It’s almost half, we can’t buy a 3...and we are still right there with Duke. Crazy

17>1
03-22-2019, 11:59 PM
Would love to see us go up for some of those shots after penetrating. Instead of driving, pump faking, and kicking it back out. Aware of Zion and swat city. Let's draw some contact though.

I'll take that score at half though! Go Bison!

Vet70
03-23-2019, 12:00 AM
Down by only 4 at the half. It's not looking good for ndsubison1 betting his life.

HerdBot
03-23-2019, 12:01 AM
Proud of the half. Lets finish. Playing too tight on offense

DakotaOkie
03-23-2019, 12:02 AM
Boy, the Dukie's are going to come out pissed in the second half if Coach K can find his voice. Down 4 at half is unreal given how badly the 3 point game is going.

Bisonator98
This is unreal, as bad as we are shooting it and only down by 4 at halftime. Hope the guys can start draining some of these shots in the second half, we might have a chance to make it interesting.

GreenfieldBison
It would help if a couple of those threes would drop.

HerdistheWord
03-23-2019, 12:03 AM
I really hope they didn’t use up everything in the tank. Our boys are playing their hearts out. They have shot abysmal from 3 and have had some unfavorable calls and yet they are still within 4. Awesome!

NDSUstudent
If you had told me the team would shoot 2/15 from three, I would say we would be down by 20 at the half.

ndsubison1
Boy, the Dukie's are going to come out pissed in the second half if Coach K can find his voice. Down 4 at half is unreal given how badly the 3 point game is going.

He will make a couple adjustments, the players will try to turn up the pace and Im sure it will do us in

bisonp
03-23-2019, 12:04 AM

Oops. This has been awesome to watch! If they could hit some damn threes they'd be in the lead. Unbelievable they are only down by 4 at the half and out-rebounding frickin' Duke.

tjbison
in reality with some of those open 3's drop NDSU could be leading....I did not think I would be saying that right now. I hope I get to eat crow, the old saying Duke has everything to lose and NDSU doesn't
't

Greta Van Herd
If you would’ve told me before the game that the Bison would lead for the first 10 minutes of the game and only be down by 4 at the half, I’d have taken that everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

semobison
Great job on the defensive boards. Thank god for Vinnie's offense. We have a couple of guys playing scared when they have the ball. Need to keep attacking, might get rejected or might get to the line.

gabisonfan
03-23-2019, 12:07 AM
Great half, having depth will help. Uncertainty on Duke's end shows a few more baskets by the Bison and Duke will be wondering.

CalBison97
03-23-2019, 12:08 AM
Omg, I couldn’t be happier! We are in this!

MNLonghorn10
03-23-2019, 12:09 AM
good lord, just make 15% of your 3's and NDSU is up at half.

ndsubison1
03-23-2019, 12:10 AM
Best lineup will continue to be Shahid, Hunter, Ward, Geu, Rocky, also liked the quick bucket Horn provided

23Bison
03-23-2019, 12:11 AM
Yeah the 3s aren’t falling! I hope they play confident in the 2nd half. Keep pressure on and and adjust to what little Duke is giving.

tjbison
03-23-2019, 12:12 AM

few of the boys are a little AWE struck, Hunter being one of them, Ward and Vinnie look the most relaxed, someone needs to step up and score take the pressure off Vinnie.

I really don't mind trading bucket for bucket for a bit, Pressure Duke to make big outside shots down the strectch and that could bode well for NDSU. Both with a chance to win and not get blown out, Im going to be damn happy just to see a close score at the final buzzer no matter the outcome for NDSU

EC8CH
03-23-2019, 12:12 AM
Have I mentioned I love this team.

TAILG8R
03-23-2019, 12:13 AM
He will make a couple adjustments, the players will try to turn up the pace and Im sure it will do us inI feel like he's simply going to tell them they are bigger and stronger so dump it in low and score the damn ball.

tcbison
Bison are competing and that is all you can ask for. Need to make some shots and keep rebounding the ball. Shahid has been awesome and need to ride him and Ward on offense. Someone else needs to step up. Hopefully we can get to the foul line as well. Go Bison!

JCEE1990
Need to make coach K have a reason to really yell hard!

blackdiamond2
03-23-2019, 12:14 AM

We need the correct guys shooting them. Hunter, Eady and Samuelson are over 40%. Schad is like 37%. Lowest of our normal players is Ward and Griesel.

We need to get ready for a physical half of basketball. Our corner shoorts need to help the driver by make themselves more available for the passes. They are going to be open.

Mr Meaty
03-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Maybe coach saving a surprise install for 2nd half

Horns

Weave is coming out!!!!

EC8CH
03-23-2019, 12:15 AM
Charles Barkley can also STFU. Fat mumbling moran.

wagsabison
03-23-2019, 12:16 AM
If the 3’s start dropping Duke could get nervous. Credit Dukes D... we aren’t getting many open looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Meaty
03-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Eyes are still on this game and will be back on second half. Free exposure and it is great. Hang in there guys and do it.

MNLonghorn10
03-23-2019, 12:17 AM
Charles Barkley can also STFU. Fat mumbling moran.

lol whatd he say? Love charles.

TAILG8R
03-23-2019, 12:19 AM
lol whatd he say? Love charles.All I heard him say was we can't beat them.

sbark
03-23-2019, 12:19 AM
Weave is coming out!!!!
Haha....gwaaadd

Strommer10
03-23-2019, 12:20 AM
If you would’ve told me before the game that the Bison would lead for the first 10 minutes of the game and only be down by 4 at the half, I’d have taken that everyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Add to that NDSU is only shooting 13% from 3. Very happy at halftime is an understatement. Shahid is playing like a star.

sbark
03-23-2019, 12:22 AM
Points in the paint at the half

Duke 18, bison 16

Adjustments........lets see if Dave Richmond saved any looks

IzzyFlexion
03-23-2019, 12:22 AM
Sounds line Jim Nance has transitioned from Bisson to Bizon.

bisonp
03-23-2019, 12:23 AM

He got my text.

bisonp
03-23-2019, 12:24 AM
Oof. Well it was fun while it lasted.

SC_TX
03-23-2019, 12:24 AM
And here we go

ByeSonBusiness
03-23-2019, 12:25 AM
Guess I'm not getting that tattoo

No_Skill
Shahid just made the highlight reel. Damn.

tjbison
Ouch....well hell of a run boys

OrygunBison
03-23-2019, 12:26 AM
I wish we'd stop playing down to Duke's level.

bisonsupporter
No matter what happens the rest of the game, this game only helps future Bison recruiting.

MNLonghorn10
All I heard him say was we can't beat them.

Haha. well hes not wrong.

Strommer10
03-23-2019, 12:27 AM

https://twitter.com/BShawnMidcoSN/status/1109242222271172609

ByeSonBusiness
How does this team go this cold shooting? Like missing open stuff bad.

Oh well. Should be good next year!

Greta Van Herd
Vinnie doesn’t look 100% now. Ankle tweaked more than thought before half?

ndsubison1
03-23-2019, 12:28 AM
Can we make a damn 3

TAILG8R
03-23-2019, 12:29 AM
Why the f is 13 out there again? That's what our answer to their run???

RonMexico
03-23-2019, 12:31 AM
Looks like Duke is done fooling around.

Bisonator98
03-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Was fun while it lasted. Vinnie is our only offense tonight. Other guys are ice cold.

tjbison
03-23-2019, 12:33 AM
Why is Samuelson driving the lane? The lineup before break was a bit puzzling

DIBISON
03-23-2019, 12:34 AM
Why the f is 13 out there again? That's what our answer to their run???

Why not, nobody else is doing anything?

Strommer10
03-23-2019, 12:35 AM
Was fun while it lasted. Vinnie is our only offense tonight. Other guys are ice cold.

Vinnie will be a star next year. The rest of the Summit League is taking notice.

ByeSonBusiness
Why is Samuelson driving the lane? The lineup before break was a bit puzzling

Why does he even play?

semobison
Vinnie has 18 of our 30. Might as well bring in Eady, Horn and Hunter, see if we can't get some offense going.

tjbison
03-23-2019, 12:37 AM
Why does he even play?

Yes, that should be asked also

RonMexico
03-23-2019, 12:40 AM
just can't buy and outside shot now..

bisonp
03-23-2019, 12:41 AM
Can't stop anything either.

semobison
03-23-2019, 12:41 AM
Good first half but we ain't going to cover the spread!

ByeSonBusiness
03-23-2019, 12:43 AM
Well...this is not fun anymore haha. Goodness. Wonder how the 2014 team would have done against this Duke team. Those guys ruled.

HerdBot
03-23-2019, 12:43 AM
We've peed a little on the 2nd half. At this pace, they will win by 60

SC_TX
03-23-2019, 12:44 AM
Uh oh. Hope we don't get completely blown here