PDA

View Full Version : Who is the next head coach for women's basketball at NDSU

Mr Meaty
03-11-2019, 05:50 PM
Might was well get a new thread started.
Who is the next coach. I know there has been some mentioned in other threads. Mods could maybe move them over to here or people that posted them can repost here.

MankatoBison
03-11-2019, 07:06 PM
Amy Ruley, Janelle McCarville, Maya Moore, Simone Agustus, Lindsay Whalen.

Those are all of the names I know in Womens Basketball.

oldmantutters
03-11-2019, 07:14 PM
Gino Auriemma. Becky Hammond.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Bisonator98
03-11-2019, 07:17 PM
Will be interesting to see the candidates.

HoopsBison
03-11-2019, 07:23 PM
National search, open it up and see what kind of applications we get. ML and company need to make the right hire here and get this program back to where it belongs!

CaBisonFan
03-11-2019, 07:44 PM
Gino Auriemma. Becky Hammond.

Maybe Gino is looking for a new challenge.

THEsocalledfan
03-11-2019, 07:47 PM
LakesBison

GFBison
03-11-2019, 07:48 PM
Maybe Gino is looking for a new challenge.

New challenge and a big pay cut.

BattleBorn
03-11-2019, 07:58 PM
I hear Rick Pitino isn't doing much these days, just don't open any new Italian restaurants up there for a while...

El_Chapo
03-11-2019, 08:00 PM
Hopkins Girls Coach. Brian Cosgriff 29-0 this year 575-75 in last 13 years. #1 in the state consistently

Huge pipeline to the cities, he works at Cargill IT (Cargill has a plant in west fargo!)

$150k/year and let him keep his $150k/year IT job.

Win Win.

AKBison
03-11-2019, 08:11 PM
How much does the Bunnies coach make?

Mr. Burgundy
03-11-2019, 08:15 PM
National search
mid major current head coach or high major assistant (just because Maren didn't work out, doesn't mean that isn't the correct career path).

imabison
03-11-2019, 08:17 PM
LakesBison

took the words right off my finger tips..or as Director of HR for Athletic program coaching hires

Bisonator98
03-11-2019, 08:31 PM
Please no 6 year deal for the next coach. A 3-4 year contract is more then enough time to see results.

BAT67
03-11-2019, 09:11 PM
we need to take our time and not just go for a flashy name or program do our homework, look at ability to recruit and coach and be someone we can get behind right away. we as fans also have relize that this is more then a 1 or 2 yr turnaround

Mr Meaty
03-11-2019, 09:37 PM
Jan Jensen Associate Head coach at Iowa. Been on staff for 17 years and Associate HC for 14. Recruiting coordinator as well. Coaches post players.

natstar1
03-11-2019, 10:26 PM
National search
mid major current head coach or high major assistant (just because Maren didn't work out, doesn't mean that isn't the correct career path).

I agree with the bold.
Why would a current HC at a mid major come here?

Like a lot posters I know nothing on potential names, but what about UMD's HC?

CAS4127
03-11-2019, 10:33 PM
I liked the description of the coach from a Missouri DII team that someone posted. S/he has watched a few games in person. Who was that? Repost please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MinotBison
03-11-2019, 10:52 PM
What would be a timeline for the hiring process? How long would the position be advertised, when would interviews begin, etc.

Bisonionette
03-12-2019, 01:26 AM
What would be a timeline for the hiring process? How long would the position be advertised, when would interviews begin, etc.

New coach needs be objective and determine current roster viability. I wouldn't commit to any current players, and give them a chance to look for schools to transfer to, or return to their countries. Be honest, none of these players are D1, certainly not D1 starters, for ANY team. New coach needs to have connections with AAU coaches from competitive areas for the country.

MinotBison
03-12-2019, 01:37 AM
New coach needs be objective and determine current roster viability. I wouldn't commit to any current players, and give them a chance to look for schools to transfer to, or return to their countries. Be honest, none of these players are D1, certainly not D1 starters, for ANY team. New coach needs to have connections with AAU coaches from competitive areas for the country.

What if they ALL left, leaving the team with, essentially, no roster? That would be quite a rebuild.

NDSUstudent
03-12-2019, 01:40 AM
High major assistant or lower level head coach...You better find me somebody that can recruit the hell out of this region. Dehoff and Walseth both couldn't recruit, hell Walseth couldn't even recruit this country.

bisoneer
03-12-2019, 02:03 AM
Who ever gets the job had better bring some starters or 6th person players with them from a Big D1 school if NDSU is going to compete in a year or 2 because this is what this program needs. Hoping to get a new coach that can recruit the regional talent in the tri or quad state region is not going to happen overnight as these girls (our best talent) are all currently being recruited by USD, SDSU, Iowa, Iowa St., U of Mn., Moorhead St., UMD and UND because they have winning programs. We need some 6' 4" size that have the "do it all skills" if you want to compete in this league.
How does one go about recruiting talent to win at a high level after your program has been so poor for many years? Any example out there? I guess one can google it.

bajadanny
03-12-2019, 02:15 AM
I agree 100% need to recruit the region!
Get the best coach available, I don’t care high school, small college, D 2, get a hard nosed grinder.

Hell look across the river

westnodak93bison
03-12-2019, 02:26 AM
Are there any restrictions on gender or sexual orientation?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bisoneer
03-12-2019, 02:58 AM
Here is a top 30 list of potentially available head coaches, please send this to ML:

https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/12/top-thirty-up-and-coming-coaches-you-should-know/2/

Look at the ones from Rice, Uconn, Duquesne and U of Alaska, Anchorage.

Tina Langley, Rice head coach- When Langley took the Rice job, the Owls had recorded just one winning season in the previous eight. Now? Year two the team won 22 games, as well as the WBI championship. Last season they won 23 games- the second most in school history- and made it to the second round of the WNIT. She has Power 5 experience- she was the associate head coach at Maryland for seven seasons prior to Rice- and has now proven herself at one of the top academic institutions in the nation. Langley will be getting a lot of phone calls from a lot of ADs, and it’s going to happen soon.

oldmantutters
03-12-2019, 03:52 AM
McFeely has a podcast up with Dom Izzo talking about the WBB situation. Izzo confirms none of the Ms Basketball finals sts in the state were even contacted by NDSU. That right there should be grounds for dismissal

AKBison
03-12-2019, 03:53 AM
Here is a top 30 list of potentially available head coaches, please send this to ML:

https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/12/top-thirty-up-and-coming-coaches-you-should-know/2/

Tina Langley, Rice head coach- When Langley took the Rice job, the Owls had recorded just one winning season in the previous eight. Now? Year two the team won 22 games, as well as the WBI championship. Last season they won 23 games- the second most in school history- and made it to the second round of the WNIT. She has Power 5 experience- she was the associate head coach at Maryland for seven seasons prior to Rice- and has now proven herself at one of the top academic institutions in the nation. Langley will be getting a lot of phone calls from a lot of ADs, and it’s going to happen soon.

Dude, we are not stealing a coach from Rice and Conference USA.

lidgerwoodflash
03-12-2019, 04:00 AM
Kayla Ard, Associated head coach, Denver.

HerdBot
03-12-2019, 04:15 AM

We need to clean house. I dont want any connections. whatsoever.

blackdiamond2
03-12-2019, 04:19 AM
What do you think Western's Illinois coach makes? JD Gravina he would have more resourced to work with her than what he has accomplished at Western.

Dave Slifer - Central Missouri coach would be a great hire. https://ucmathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=747

MSUM and Duluth head coach should get a look to. I would prefer somebody who has been a head coach before and/or has rebuilt programs.

JSUBison
03-12-2019, 04:41 AM
McFeely has a podcast up with Dom Izzo talking about the WBB situation. Izzo confirms none of the Ms Basketball finals sts in the state were even contacted by NDSU. That right there should be grounds for dismissal

I just finished listening to that and was going to post the same thing but you beat me to it. A couple other things that stood out to me that's been talked about here before. One was the fact that scholarships were not being filled out and this seemed to be a yearly issue, even with Dehoff. Another point was the failed international experiment. I just shake my head at that, knowing that there are players in the tri-state area that weren't even getting contacted by Walseth, and ended up going to other places. Missing out on home town players like the one from Davies. The outrageously high attrition rate. They could have talked for an hour more on this.

Last but not least, proof that McFeely reads Bisonville, he levels some Taco John smack on Brookings. I don't care what anyone thinks, I like that guy. Keep stirring things up Mike!

SC_TX
03-12-2019, 06:06 AM

Why would she leave Rice for NDSU?

bisoneer
03-12-2019, 12:05 PM
Money....get out the checkbook....it costs money to win

skolbizun
03-12-2019, 12:09 PM

She wouldn't That's dreaming

BlueKeyAlum
03-12-2019, 02:52 PM
What do you think Western's Illinois coach makes? JD Gravina he would have more resourced to work with her than what he has accomplished at Western.

Dave Slifer - Central Missouri coach would be a great hire. https://ucmathletics.com/coaches.aspx?rc=747

MSUM and Duluth head coach should get a look to. I would prefer somebody who has been a head coach before and/or has rebuilt programs.

Do you hire a male? That means only one female coach (Lopez) in the athletic department (two if you count cheerleading).

Vet70
03-12-2019, 02:57 PM
Do you hire a male? That means only one female coach (Lopez) in the athletic department (two if you count cheerleading).

IMO you hire the best coach you can.

Mr Meaty
03-12-2019, 03:09 PM
IMO you hire the best coach you can.

Agree with this statement. (even though I mentioned a female coach earlier). Best person for the position. PERIOD

BlueKeyAlum
03-12-2019, 04:37 PM

I think she is a good coach with Texas connections that might not transfer up to the Midwest region. Her top players are the The younger and shorter Ogwumike Sisters (older sisses Nneka and Chiney were all Americans at Stanford) who transferred back to Texas after a year at Pepperdine and another transfer originally from Texas, 6'9" Nancy Mulkey, returned home after one year at Oklahoma.

And again, why leave Rice for. NDSU.

bisoneer
03-12-2019, 10:58 PM
It was just a suggestion from a hotlist of possible available coaches from that report. https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/12/top-thirty-up-and-coming-coaches-you-should-know/2/

My point is that there are coaches out there that can turn programs around in a short time and there are many other top assistants on that list too from other places. And remember, "money talks". How much was the Walseth contract per year? How much was Ruley making back in her days as coach? What is our budget next year for this position?

Vet70
03-12-2019, 11:10 PM
It was just a suggestion from a hotlist of possible available coaches from that report. https://highposthoops.com/2018/11/12/top-thirty-up-and-coming-coaches-you-should-know/2/

My point is that there are coaches out there that can turn programs around in a short time and there are many other top assistants on that list too from other places. And remember, "money talks". How much was the Walseth contract per year? How much was Ruley making back in her days as coach? What is our budget next year for this position?

$150,000.....

bisoneer
03-13-2019, 03:45 AM
$150,000.....

Oh wow, so I think we can get someone...............that will win..................

twinsguy03
03-13-2019, 04:11 AM
$150,000.....

Will Maren's replacement make 150k like her or do we have to increase that amount to get the right fit?

MinotBison
03-13-2019, 04:21 AM
Will Maren's replacement make 150k like her or do we have to increase that amount to get the right fit?

One would think an increase would be likely.

bisoneer
03-13-2019, 04:43 AM
One would think an increase would be likely.

If you want to win... lets go 250,000, not a big deal considering the big picture.

MinotBison
03-13-2019, 04:48 AM
[QUOTE=bisoneer;1342414]If you want to win... lets go 250,000, not a big deal considering the big picture.[/Q

Just for point of reference, what does the MSUM women's coach make?

bisoneer
03-13-2019, 05:04 AM
[QUOTE=bisoneer;1342414]If you want to win... lets go 250,000, not a big deal considering the big picture.[/Q

Just for point of reference, what does the MSUM women's coach make?

ahhh poverty level ?? see this link...$40,293????

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/2014/06/28/mnscu-coaching-salaries-vary-across-board/11638695/

3Putt
03-13-2019, 07:34 AM
[QUOTE=MinotBison;1342416]

ahhh poverty level ?? see this link...$40,293????

https://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/2014/06/28/mnscu-coaching-salaries-vary-across-board/11638695/
That’s Kris Nelson. It looks like Karla Nelson made $103,600 in 2017.
http://www.mnpay.org/?first_name=Karla&last_name=Nelson&order=-wage&page=1

MinotBison
03-13-2019, 01:14 PM
I wonder how many applications ML has already received. Will there be a formal opening date for the position? And since ML has had a fair amount of time to think about things, is it possible he already has someone in mind?

HerdBot
03-13-2019, 01:24 PM
If you want to win... lets go 250,000, not a big deal considering the big picture.

Not without increasing the budget for mens basketball. Womens basketball is a cash drain. Mens basketball is a revenue sport. Paying a WBB coach more than a mens BB coach is fiscally irresponsible

imabison
03-13-2019, 02:23 PM
Not without increasing the budget for mens basketball. Womens basketball is a cash drain. Mens basketball is a revenue sport. Paying a WBB coach more than a mens BB coach is fiscally irresponsible

But when the women start to win, will it still be a cash drain?? Used to be better attended than men from some of the reports..

SUBISON247
03-13-2019, 03:01 PM
https://twitter.com/Pete_Nakos96/status/1105836267332349954 Better call Saul

EagleBison
03-13-2019, 03:03 PM
But when the women start to win, will it still be a cash drain?? Used to be better attended than men from some of the reports..

Women's attendance grew when the WBB game was on the same night as the men. People would get to games early to get seats for the mens game, and the women's game turned out to be pretty darn good too. The men were good, but the women started winning championships.

HerdBot
03-13-2019, 03:03 PM

Exception not the rule. And the mens team was terrible when it happened. Ticket prices were very low and bolstered by playoff games. They started counting double header numbers towards women and they were winning D2 National Championships. The odds of winning Division 1 National Championships is .00001%

Investing more into WBB than mens is delusional

Although we need to spend more for both programs to take the next step and WBB has the potential to draw very well

StL Bison Fan
03-13-2019, 03:44 PM
https://twitter.com/Pete_Nakos96/status/1105836267332349954 Better call Saul
Can he coach women?

dufferole
03-13-2019, 04:59 PM
Women's attendance grew when the WBB game was on the same night as the men. People would get to games early to get seats for the mens game, and the women's game turned out to be pretty darn good too. The men were good, but the women started winning championships.

I had season tickets back then and the crowd thinned after the women's game was done. It has been a long fall from grace for the Bison women's bb team.

AKBison
03-13-2019, 05:24 PM
I had season tickets back then and the crowd thinned after the women's game was done. It has been a long fall from grace for the Bison women's bb team.

NDSU is a women's Basketball school, or at least it used to be. It is a travesty what happened to the program and even greater travesty that SDSU picked up the reins and ran with it.

IndyBison
03-13-2019, 05:45 PM

I was a student then and I remember one weekend (may have been Bison-Sioux) they played the men's game Friday night and the women's game Saturday to maximize ticket revenue and the women's game was packed. There were plenty of seats the night before for the men's game. They weren't a top team, but they were good and competitive in the conference. I believe they won the conference a couple times in the mid-90s. The women's games were so much fun. They were legit good.

natstar1
03-13-2019, 05:56 PM
How many D1 players are there in the conference? As bad as we were we still won some D1 games.

TAILG8R
03-13-2019, 07:59 PM
Anyone that says NDSU wasn't a women's basketball school wasn't around in the late 80's early 90's. I went to almost every game men's and women's during that time and the women's game was where everyone wanted to be.

bri-dog
03-13-2019, 08:02 PM
I think TransAmBison should apply. Rumor has it that he has a TON of trick plays he's waiting to unveil.

TAILG8R
03-13-2019, 09:00 PM
I think TransAmBison should apply. Rumor has it that he has a TON of trick plays he's waiting to unveil.

He would have to teach players to bark in how many languages? Is he up for it?

:)

ByeSonBusiness
03-13-2019, 09:03 PM
Beg an assistant from UCONN or Notre Dame to come.

SUBISON247
03-13-2019, 09:41 PM
Can he coach women?

Hasn’t mattered the last 2 coaches

KSBisonFan
03-14-2019, 12:30 AM

I think he calls the play 'Nigerian puppy'.

TAILG8R
03-14-2019, 01:10 AM
I think he calls the play 'Nigerian puppy'.Great now we going to add another foreign player to the team?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
03-14-2019, 01:55 AM
Great now we going to add another foreign player to the team?

Yes, but only one. TAB is in charge now and he knows how to coach foreign players.

MinotBison
03-14-2019, 02:43 AM
I wonder how many apps they have already received.

MinotBison
03-14-2019, 02:45 AM
Beg an assistant from UCONN or Notre Dame to come.

We probably couldn't afford them.

Bisonionette
03-14-2019, 11:20 PM
Howz bout these?....
https://siusalukis.com/coaches.aspx?rc=608&path=wbball

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210887650&Q_SEASON=2018

btw do ya'll think anyone in the AD reads this stuff..?

bruinbison
03-15-2019, 12:01 AM
Former Bison assistant Kelly Roysland

https://gophersports.com/staff.aspx?staff=11

But, not sure why she would leave Lindsay Whalen’s staff during their 1st season together - that Gopher job could be a special place, especially depending on how the Paige Bueckers recruitment goes. (2020 top-10 national recruit from Hopkins HS)

Here is the link I posted for Minnesota Duluth’s Head Coach a while back:

https://umdbulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=486&path=wbball

Coach Pearson is busy for a while, has a D2 National Tournament game -
MAR 15 (FRI) 7:30 PM
MSU MOORHEAD (QUARTERFINAL)
HAYS, KS

MinotBison
03-15-2019, 01:02 AM
Howz bout these?....

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=210887650&Q_SEASON=2018

Doubt they'd admit it if they did.

Vet70
03-15-2019, 01:51 AM
Howz bout these?....

I highly doubt they seek out BV's advice.

Bisonionette
03-15-2019, 02:10 AM
I highly doubt they seek out BV's advice.

not advice but maybe a nugget of a suggestion....

Greta Van Herd
03-15-2019, 04:01 AM
Howz bout these?....

Are you kidding me? Sounds very foreign-ish to me. Adams, what is that? Irish? Geohle, Kraut? Never!

You of all people should know better!

El_Chapo
03-15-2019, 04:25 AM
Howz bout these?....

EVERYONE IN THE AD READS THIS BOARD. I 1000% guarantee it.

Bisonionette
03-15-2019, 05:04 AM
Are you kidding me? Sounds very foreign-ish to me. Adams, what is that? Irish? Geohle, Kraut? Never!

You of all people should know better!

oh Greta...... how can you speak of your people that way>?

Mr Meaty
03-15-2019, 05:42 PM
According to the posting for the position, screening of applicants will start on March 25, 2019.

http://jobs.ndsu.edu/postings/10111

Here is the link.

imabison
03-15-2019, 05:46 PM
According to the posting for the position, screening of applicants will start on March 25, 2019.

Here is the link.

Hey whats missing on that posting??

You know...

WIN AT ALL COST or be eaten alive by BV...

BadlandsBison
03-15-2019, 06:04 PM

Here is the link.

The qualifications are very broad. I didn't see any coaching experience requirements unless I missed it. Must be very much a national search.

Bisonator98
03-15-2019, 06:30 PM
Shouldn't BV be involved in the screening of applicants? I didn't get any notifications.:uhyeah:

Vet70
03-15-2019, 07:16 PM
The qualifications are very broad. I didn't see any coaching experience requirements unless I missed it. Must be very much a national search.

I think a number of the minimum qualifications strongly imply experience is required.

Mr Meaty
03-15-2019, 07:54 PM
How about this gal.

A national Coach of the Year honoree as well as the head coach of the USA Basketball Women's U16 and U17 National Teams, Carla Berube is in her 17th season leading the Jumbos.

Coach Berube guided Tufts into the NCAA "Final Four" in four consecutive seasons (2014-17), including two straight appearances in the national championship game. During her tenure, the team has received 10 NCAA berths overall and has a 30-12 record in those games (.714 winning percentage).

Presented with the Pat Summitt Trophy as the 2015 United States Marine Corps / Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) NCAA Division III National Coach of the Year, Coach Berube's teams have compiled a 356-93 overall record for an outstanding .793 winning percentage that ranks 10th among active coaches in Division III.

In April 2017, Berube was selected head coach of the USA Basketball Women's U16 National Team by the USA Basketball Women's Developmental National Team Committee. She guided the team to a 5-0 record at the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Americas Championship in Argentina including a 91-46 win over Canada to win the gold medal. That victory qualified Coach Berube and the team for a berth in the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup, which they won this past summer including a 92-40 victory over France in the final. In December 2017, she was a co-recipients of the USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award. As a player, she had been a member of the bronze medalist team at the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival.

Tufts is well established as a national power under Coach Berube. The Jumbos have a 144-16 overall record since the 2013-14 season when they made their first "Final Four" appearance. Berube was the WBCA's NCAA Division III Regional Coach of the Year for three consecutive seasons from 2013-15, and repeated as D3hoops.com Northeast Region Coach of the Year in 2014-15. She was also selected by the WBCA as the New England Coach of the Year for the 2007-08 season, giving her four of those honors overall. The team's final records of 30-3 in 2016-17, 30-3 in 2014-15, 30-3 in 2013-14, 28-4 in 2015-16, 26-4 in 2007-08, 26-5 in 2017-18, 25-3 in 2012-13, 23-7 in 2011-2012, 22-5 in 2008-09 and 21-6 in 2009-10 - all achieved under Coach Berube - are the best win totals in Jumbo history.

In the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), Coach Berube has guided Tufts to two conference titles and eight league championship games overall. The team has a 47-3 record against league opponents from 2014-18 and an 88-17 record against conference opponents since 2007. Berube is a five-time NESCAC Coach of the Year.

The Jumbos are one of the top defensive teams in the nation each year under Coach Berube. They were sixth nationally in scoring defense last season allowing 48.3 points per game, second nationally in 2017 allowing 43.2 points per game and led the country with a 47.5 mark for 2015-16.

Berube's recruits have been among the nation's best athletically and academically. Tufts was the only team in the country with two players on the 10-member WBCA All-America team in 2017 as Michela North and Melissa Baptista were honored. Baptista repeated as a WBCA All-American last year while current junior Erica DeCandido received an honorable mention All-American award. Current assistant coach Lauren Dillon graduated last year as the Tufts program's all-time leader in assists and steals. North graduated in 2017 as the program's all-time leading scorer and rebounder, as well as a three-time All-American. Academically, North was also a Capital One Academic All-District® Team member in 2017, while guard/forward Hannah Foley was a three-time Capital One Academic All-District® Team member from 2012-15. Three Jumbos were on the NESCAC All-Academic team in 2017-18 for carrying grade point averages of 3.4 or better.

Tufts is also commited to community service under Coach Beurbe. The program has had two Team IMPACT teammates, partnering with the non-profit that works to improve kids’ quality of life and help them experience the camaraderie of collegiate sports. Many team members are also Big Sisters.

A 1997 UConn graduate, Coach Berube was a member of the Huskies' 1995 NCAA Division I national championship team. She played professionally in the American Basketball League before getting into coaching as an assistant at Providence College. She was hired at Tufts in 2002.

Carla and her wife, Meghan, reside in Medford with their son, Parker, and daughter, Brogan.

CAS4127
03-16-2019, 02:56 AM
How about this gal.

A national Coach of the Year honoree as well as the head coach of the USA Basketball Women's U16 and U17 National Teams, Carla Berube is in her 17th season leading the Jumbos.

Coach Berube guided Tufts into the NCAA "Final Four" in four consecutive seasons (2014-17), including two straight appearances in the national championship game. During her tenure, the team has received 10 NCAA berths overall and has a 30-12 record in those games (.714 winning percentage).

Presented with the Pat Summitt Trophy as the 2015 United States Marine Corps / Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) NCAA Division III National Coach of the Year, Coach Berube's teams have compiled a 356-93 overall record for an outstanding .793 winning percentage that ranks 10th among active coaches in Division III.

In April 2017, Berube was selected head coach of the USA Basketball Women's U16 National Team by the USA Basketball Women's Developmental National Team Committee. She guided the team to a 5-0 record at the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) Americas Championship in Argentina including a 91-46 win over Canada to win the gold medal. That victory qualified Coach Berube and the team for a berth in the 2018 FIBA U17 World Cup, which they won this past summer including a 92-40 victory over France in the final. In December 2017, she was a co-recipients of the USA Basketball Developmental Coach of the Year Award. As a player, she had been a member of the bronze medalist team at the 1994 U.S. Olympic Festival.

Tufts is well established as a national power under Coach Berube. The Jumbos have a 144-16 overall record since the 2013-14 season when they made their first "Final Four" appearance. Berube was the WBCA's NCAA Division III Regional Coach of the Year for three consecutive seasons from 2013-15, and repeated as D3hoops.com Northeast Region Coach of the Year in 2014-15. She was also selected by the WBCA as the New England Coach of the Year for the 2007-08 season, giving her four of those honors overall. The team's final records of 30-3 in 2016-17, 30-3 in 2014-15, 30-3 in 2013-14, 28-4 in 2015-16, 26-4 in 2007-08, 26-5 in 2017-18, 25-3 in 2012-13, 23-7 in 2011-2012, 22-5 in 2008-09 and 21-6 in 2009-10 - all achieved under Coach Berube - are the best win totals in Jumbo history.

In the New England Small College Athletic Conference (NESCAC), Coach Berube has guided Tufts to two conference titles and eight league championship games overall. The team has a 47-3 record against league opponents from 2014-18 and an 88-17 record against conference opponents since 2007. Berube is a five-time NESCAC Coach of the Year.

The Jumbos are one of the top defensive teams in the nation each year under Coach Berube. They were sixth nationally in scoring defense last season allowing 48.3 points per game, second nationally in 2017 allowing 43.2 points per game and led the country with a 47.5 mark for 2015-16.

Berube's recruits have been among the nation's best athletically and academically. Tufts was the only team in the country with two players on the 10-member WBCA All-America team in 2017 as Michela North and Melissa Baptista were honored. Baptista repeated as a WBCA All-American last year while current junior Erica DeCandido received an honorable mention All-American award. Current assistant coach Lauren Dillon graduated last year as the Tufts program's all-time leader in assists and steals. North graduated in 2017 as the program's all-time leading scorer and rebounder, as well as a three-time All-American. Academically, North was also a Capital One Academic All-District[emoji2400] Team member in 2017, while guard/forward Hannah Foley was a three-time Capital One Academic All-District[emoji2400] Team member from 2012-15. Three Jumbos were on the NESCAC All-Academic team in 2017-18 for carrying grade point averages of 3.4 or better.

Tufts is also commited to community service under Coach Beurbe. The program has had two Team IMPACT teammates, partnering with the non-profit that works to improve kids’ quality of life and help them experience the camaraderie of collegiate sports. Many team members are also Big Sisters.

A 1997 UConn graduate, Coach Berube was a member of the Huskies' 1995 NCAA Division I national championship team. She played professionally in the American Basketball League before getting into coaching as an assistant at Providence College. She was hired at Tufts in 2002.

Carla and her wife, Meghan, reside in Medford with their son, Parker, and daughter, Brogan.

No thank you.

JohnnyExtacy
03-16-2019, 05:47 PM
I'm going to be the one to say it. Please bring a dude in to come and gut the program and build it from the ground up.

Vet70
03-16-2019, 07:05 PM
I'm going to be the one to say it. Please bring a dude in to come and gut the program and build it from the ground up.

If by "dude" you mean someone who dresses up elaborately I am all for it. If you are suggesting it takes a male to do what you are saying needs to be done, I'm going to be the one to say it. It's a ridiculous notion.

TAILG8R
03-17-2019, 06:44 PM
If by "dude" you mean someone who dresses up elaborately I am all for it. If you are suggesting it takes a male to do what you are saying needs to be done, I'm going to be the one to say it. It's a ridiculous notion.

Are you not aware that the great basketball mind of JohnnyExtacy posted that? You know nothing and should bow down to his amazing prowess.

But yes you are correct, to assume and even state that only a man can change this program is absolutely stupid and he should be ashamed of making such a dumb comment on a public forum. But what do I know I am a football fan.

Vet70
03-17-2019, 07:40 PM
Are you not aware that the great basketball mind of JohnnyExtacy posted that? You know nothing and should bow down to his amazing prowess.

But yes you are correct, to assume and even state that only a man can change this program is fucking stupid and he should be ashamed of making such a dumb comment on a public forum. But what do I know I am a football fan.

Yes, I am well aware of how I am running a risk incurring the wrath of such an esteemed poster who has such a corner on wisdom. At least in that post, he didn't ridicule football fans, just an entire gender.

Greta Van Herd
03-17-2019, 07:48 PM
Yes, I am well aware of how I am running a risk incurring the wrath of such an esteemed poster who has such a corner on wisdom. At least in that post, he didn't ridicule football fans, just an entire gender.

Vet, I certainly agree with you on your assessment of Extacy’s suggestion.

However, can we also agree that we should NOT limit ourselves to a female coach, just because it is a women’s team?

Just get the best person possible for the job.

Vet70
03-17-2019, 07:52 PM
Vet, I certainly agree with you on your assessment of Extacy’s suggestion.

However, can we also agree that we should NOT limit ourselves to a female coach, just because it is a women’s team?

Just get the best person possible for the job.

I stated that early on when it was suggested a female needed to be hired.

twinsguy03
03-17-2019, 08:30 PM

Very well said

HerdBot
03-17-2019, 09:01 PM
Man or Woman, just hire someone who can actually build a basketball program from scratch and can recruit not only regionally but nationally including Jucos. Transfers can fill some holes in basketball.

Mr. Burgundy
03-18-2019, 09:41 PM
correct me if I am wrong...but when Lynn Dorn posted the job that Walseth got...didn't she say....something like...Must be a female.

SOmeone smart should be able to find that. I always thought that was shocking. really? We have to hire a woman? Why? I am actually excited because I do think the fans will come if we can show we are serious. The last 15 or so years has been worse than anyone could have anticipated.

NDSUstudent
03-18-2019, 09:44 PM
correct me if I am wrong...but when Lynn Dorn posted the job that Walseth got...didn't she say....something like...Must be a female.

SOmeone smart should be able to find that. I always thought that was shocking. really? We have to hire a woman? Why? I am actually excited because I do think the fans will come if we can show we are serious. The last 15 or so years has been worse than anyone could have anticipated.

Well when she hired Dehoff it was a condition, I remember a male assistant from a Big 12 school wanted to apply by Dorn wouldn't go for it. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same Walseth.

HerdBot
03-19-2019, 12:11 AM
Well when she hired Dehoff it was a condition, I remember a male assistant from a Big 12 school wanted to apply by Dorn wouldn't go for it. Wouldn't surprise me if it was the same Walseth.

That worked out well pause not.

El_Chapo
03-19-2019, 07:45 PM
Brian Neal - Xavier head coach is looking
Brian Boyer - Arkansas State head coach is looking
Micheal Shafer - Richmond ..." "
Kip Drown - Georgia Southern
Christy Smith - Incarnate Word (she's my pick!! she'd fill the stands!)

HandoEX
03-21-2019, 12:56 AM

Wow!! Is that even legal?

TAILG8R
03-21-2019, 01:12 AM
Wow!! Is that even legal?No it's not that's why that story is hyperbole. I'm not dou ting that she decided going in it would be a woman but you can't limit the search based on sex.

Vet70
03-21-2019, 01:17 AM

Not unless it is considered a "bona fide occupational qualification".
https://smallbusiness.findlaw.com/employment-law-and-human-resources/bona-fide-occupational-qualification.html

imabison
03-21-2019, 01:19 AM

Just remember if you heard it on Bisonville, IT got to be legal.

bisoneer
03-25-2019, 12:33 AM
What is the latest on the head coaching search for NDSU Women's Basketball?? Thx.

Vet70
03-25-2019, 12:39 AM
What is the latest on the head coaching search for NDSU Women's Basketball?? Thx.

https://media.giphy.com/media/HkyKoqokMDq1i/giphy.gif

bisoneer
03-25-2019, 06:08 PM

Where is the Advertisement posted?

bisoneer
03-25-2019, 06:11 PM
Found it:

Head Women's Basketball Coach
SAVED

North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND
Apply on NCAA Career Center
Apply on JobsHQApply on HigherEdJobs
13 days agoFull-time
Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Athletics, the head coach is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive NCAA Division I women's basketball program. This includes recruiting, hiring assistants, fund-raising, public relations, and other duties as assigned.

Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong background in basketball skill analysis and techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
• Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes with emphasis on graduation success.
• Experience in motivating players and staff to achieve maximum levels of performance.
• Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues and the public, understanding the importance of interaction with all levels of support groups and fund raising efforts.
• Strong background in media interaction.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills.
• Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated professional behavior.

Preferred Qualifications:
• Evidence of successful experience in coaching and recruiting basketball at a competitive intercollegiate level.
• Experience in conducting camps, clinics and tournaments
Typical pay for this type of work

ZipRecruiter
$22.5k–99.4kper year
Basketball Operations
Based on local employers

Mr Meaty
03-25-2019, 06:14 PM
Screening of applicants starts today. Any idea on how many and who they maybe?

CAS4127
03-25-2019, 07:37 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/993772-NDSU-athletics-entering-new-arena-in-dealing-with-final-year-of-Walseth-contract

imabison
03-25-2019, 10:44 PM
https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/993772-NDSU-athletics-entering-new-arena-in-dealing-with-final-year-of-Walseth-contract

Just buy out the contract they said...this sure make it look like its not that easy. I agree that all she did was not win games, doubt any of the rest of the negative applies. But that's for others to interpret.

Vet70
03-25-2019, 10:56 PM
Being a lousy coach should be enough to be fired "for cause".

CAS4127
03-25-2019, 11:00 PM
Being a lousy coach should be enough to be fired "for cause".

Agreed. “Lousy” would have to be defined specifically tho.

And I’d liked to know who the fuck sanctioned all the European recruiting FFS!!

Vet70
03-25-2019, 11:07 PM
Agreed. “Lousy” would have to be defined specifically tho.

And I’d liked to know who the fuck sanctioned all the European recruiting FFS!!

Ya, legally it would have to be defined, but 40-106 should qualify.

imabison
03-25-2019, 11:11 PM
Ya, legally it would have to be defined, but 40-106 should qualify.

Article says she was 72-105 but it cant be wrong, it also says they signed her contract in 2104 :)

Tony Almeida
03-25-2019, 11:54 PM
How is that not in the contract already?

bisoneer
03-26-2019, 01:58 AM
Note to file:

Recent comments by "experts" during this years Men's NCAA tourney state that teams with happy and positive coaching styles win and finish more games than teams with cranky, crabby and YELLING type of coaching styles...................

Bisonator98
03-26-2019, 05:06 PM
Just buy out the contract they said...this sure make it look like its not that easy. I agree that all she did was not win games, doubt any of the rest of the negative applies. But that's for others to interpret.

Actually it is easy, unless you want to spend less then the contract stipulates, which is what it sounds like here. Apparently both sides want to move on so it should still get worked out fairly quick and easy and perhaps save NDSU some money.

Bisonator98
03-26-2019, 05:07 PM
Why hasn't the media requested the list of candidates by now?

1998braves64
03-26-2019, 05:27 PM
Actually it is easy, unless you want to spend less then the contract stipulates, which is what it sounds like here. Apparently both sides want to move on so it should still get worked out fairly quick and easy and perhaps save NDSU some money.

I'm guessing there was some "preliminary" verbal numbers thrown about between Walseth camp and NDSU that's how the "mutual agreement" came about. They felt numbers were close enough that they can get a deal done. But legally got to dot the Is and cross the Ts so you don't leave an opening as to hey you know what F you I want all my money (or I'm not paying you any money) when they put something on paper. To me sounds like everyone is doing it right in getting this thing "written" so it doesn't come back to haunt anyone. I didn't read anything saying that it couldn't be done but that it isn't as simple as hey we're going to pay you $X of what your last year was worth and put it on paper and it's done. There is more work to it than that. NDSU probably hasn't done this much so they're getting up to speed on this one.

imabison
03-26-2019, 08:00 PM
Tim Miles is availabel

StL Bison Fan
03-26-2019, 08:04 PM
Tim Miles is availabel

He and Saul. Twitter would break

HerdBot
03-26-2019, 08:45 PM
Found it:

Head Women's Basketball Coach
SAVED

North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND
Apply on NCAA Career Center
Apply on JobsHQApply on HigherEdJobs
13 days agoFull-time
Reporting directly to the Deputy Director of Athletics, the head coach is responsible for planning and executing a comprehensive NCAA Division I women's basketball program. This includes recruiting, hiring assistants, fund-raising, public relations, and other duties as assigned.

Minimum Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Strong background in basketball skill analysis and techniques.
• Thorough knowledge of and commitment to compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
• Commitment to the academic success of student-athletes with emphasis on graduation success.
• Experience in motivating players and staff to achieve maximum levels of performance.
• Evidence of ability to interact positively with student-athletes, parents, colleagues and the public, understanding the importance of interaction with all levels of support groups and fund raising efforts.
• Strong background in media interaction.
• Evidence of strong organizational skills.
• Demonstration of effective oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated professional behavior.

Preferred Qualifications:
• Evidence of successful experience in coaching and recruiting basketball at a competitive intercollegiate level.
• Experience in conducting camps, clinics and tournaments
Typical pay for this type of work

ZipRecruiter
$22.5k–99.4kper year
Basketball Operations
Based on local employers

Putting a range of 22.5k to 99.4 k will not attract any quality candidates. What are we going backwards in pay? Didnt Walseth make 150?

Vet70
03-26-2019, 09:14 PM
NCAA Career Center where applications are taken lists the salary as commensurate with experience.
https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/12091221/head-women-s-basketball-coach

Klepto
03-26-2019, 11:33 PM
That pay range is not the official NDSU number. It’s ZipRecruiter’s guesstimate.

kab1one
03-28-2019, 02:12 PM
That pay range is not the official NDSU number. It’s ZipRecruiter’s guesstimate.

Are they using Zip Recruiter and doing a $99 search?

laniersmith
03-28-2019, 03:28 PM
I would hope that we could get a list soon usually we know the list right after the closing date and so far nothing. So either they are keeping it private or no one has asked for the list. It would be nice to know who has applied and the caliber of applicant due to our recent ineptness.

JSUBison
03-30-2019, 03:17 PM
Can someone with twitter ask Izzo or Kolpack if or when a list of applicants will be reported? They had names the last hiring process.

CAS4127
04-02-2019, 10:12 PM
https://twitter.com/ndsuathletics/status/1113199435368947713?s=21

Grizzled
04-03-2019, 02:12 AM
I would hope that we could get a list soon usually we know the list right after the closing date and so far nothing. So either they are keeping it private or no one has asked for the list. It would be nice to know who has applied and the caliber of applicant due to our recent ineptness.

Izzo and Kolpack has more interest in the UND football coaching opening. Such poor reporting on this. Is it that hard to get the info? Either the applicant suck or they were told not to report on it by NDSU.

SlickVic
04-03-2019, 02:20 AM
Izzo and Kolpack has more interest in the UND football coaching opening. Such poor reporting on this. Is it that hard to get the info? Either the applicant suck or they were told not to report on it by NDSU.

I agree, but can we at least get some more CAS stories while we wait! Drop ur clock and grab your socks cCAS let's go!

devin45k
04-03-2019, 05:09 PM
https://twitter.com/ndsuathletics/status/1113199435368947713?s=21

Ill gladly let them know how messed the leg room is now.

bisoneer
04-04-2019, 02:01 AM
The game of BBall at the college level is always fun to watch but why buy a season ticket and commit yourself to more long term debt and time committment when you can walk in and get a general admin and see the same game? Especially being that the game is not nearly sold out.

Elephants Dream?
04-04-2019, 07:14 PM
Ill gladly let them know how messed the leg room is now.

I've been in well over 30 college gyms and the Worst is that dumpster fire of seating in north Fargo.
I caught hell for calling it a "Shithole", but that is exactly what it is.
It's an embarrassment to the university.
I've had people tell me "I'm never going back." and I don't blame them for feeling that way.
I've cut back on my game attendance because of the horrible seating.

BisonVifte
04-05-2019, 08:36 PM
They sure are quiet about this.

MinotBison
04-05-2019, 11:17 PM
They sure are quiet about this.

Couldn't they at least say how many have applied?

roadwarrior
04-05-2019, 11:21 PM
Couldn't they at least say how many have applied?

If someone asked them, they would have to give an a answer.

CAS4127
04-06-2019, 12:38 AM
If someone asked them, they would have to give an a answer.

Think noone very qualified. We need someone who is an up-and-comer and give that person a chance. Pretty simple really.

Also, understand that our ADs are very young and inexperienced, and at least one loves to spend time at Fargo Country Club, but I’m thinking they all do.

CAS4127
04-06-2019, 12:40 AM
The game of BBall at the college level is always fun to watch but why buy a season ticket and commit yourself to more long term debt and time committment when you can walk in and get a general admin and see the same game? Especially being that the game is not nearly sold out.

Yes!!

bisoneer
04-06-2019, 02:31 AM
Yes!!

Make all the seats general admin. except for the parents and include opponents parents, give them reserved for all the womens home games, fill up the bottom bowl so it can be loud and supportive for the players, first come first serve gets the best seats, all the same price, like 10 bucks for year one with the new coach.

The scattering of 500 to a 1000 fans is senseless for this mess...........

NDSU92
04-06-2019, 11:22 AM
Do women’s coaching interviews usually take place during March madness like the men’s coaches do? If so, that’s a reason why they don’t have much info yet

Grizzled
04-06-2019, 02:54 PM
Do women’s coaching interviews usually take place during March madness like the men’s coaches do? If so, that’s a reason why they don’t have much info yet
They should still be able to get a list of applicants. I’m guessing they are protecting the school and not requesting.

DORMIE
04-06-2019, 03:49 PM
The only time I see Matt at the FCC, he's usually putting the arm on someone, like the Bergen's.

TAILG8R
04-11-2019, 10:14 PM
I thought it was interesting that Jeff and Dom said something to the effect of applicants having to reach semifinalist status before open records laws are relevant. So that is why we haven't heard boo about candidates to this point.

El_Chapo
04-12-2019, 01:51 AM
for anyone still clamoring for MSUM Karla Nelson .... a Big Fat NO !! she just was awarded the "Tom Clifford UND Achievement Award"

OH HELL NO.

Kelly Roysland Gopher is who I call, she'd take it in a Heartbeat. she's a great Minnesota recruiter which is what NDSU needs https://gophersports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=688&path=wbball

MinotBison
04-12-2019, 03:43 AM
for anyone still clamoring for MSUM Karla Nelson .... a Big Fat NO !! she just was awarded the "Tom Clifford UND Achievement Award"

OH HELL NO.

Kelly Roysland Gopher is who I call, she'd take it in a Heartbeat. she's a great Minnesota recruiter which is what NDSU needs https://gophersports.com/coaches.aspx?rc=688&path=wbball

Has either even applied, or are they actively pursuing anyone in particular? This is what we don't know as long as there is radio silence.

JSUBison
04-12-2019, 04:34 AM
I thought it was interesting that Jeff and Dom said something to the effect of applicants having to reach semifinalist status before open records laws are relevant. So that is why we haven't heard boo about candidates to this point.

That can't be right. Remember when UND was hiring their FB coach and Chuck the Pigskin applied. Unless Chuck the Pigskin was in fact a semifinalist.....

So does that mean during the Walseth hiring process NDSU didn't have to release the list of apps but they decided to anyway? This thread from 2014 shows that Jeff and Dom got names of some who applied. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32753-First-Applicants

nodak651
04-12-2019, 05:26 AM
That can't be right. Remember when UND was hiring their FB coach and Chuck the Pigskin applied. Unless Chuck the Pigskin was in fact a semifinalist.....

So does that mean during the Walseth hiring process NDSU didn't have to release the list of apps but they decided to anyway? This thread from 2014 shows that Jeff and Dom got names of some who applied. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?32753-First-Applicants

If I remember correctly, I think the law was amended.

Vet70
04-12-2019, 11:37 AM
Different type of search but a couple of years ago there was a Deans search at NDSU where they refused to release any names until the 3 finalists.

Mr Meaty
04-12-2019, 01:38 PM
If I remember correctly, I think the law was amended.

The law was changed and only names are released when they get to the semi-final stage of the process.

summitfever
04-12-2019, 03:31 PM
Well, it's been a month and nothing has been publicly announced. And no rumors to my knowledge. Anyone have any idea why it's taking long to hear anything at all?

El_Chapo
04-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Well, it's been a month and nothing has been publicly announced. And no rumors to my knowledge. Anyone have any idea why it's taking long to hear anything at all?

I KNOW WHY...

because we are getting nobodies for applications...... sad really. that's why ADMIN can't just sit back and weed thru garbage resumes, drive to minneapolis, take Kelly Roysland out to Manny's and tell her we will double her current salary and voila . we are done. (she's at $100k)

Honeybooboo
04-12-2019, 04:27 PM
I KNOW WHY...

because we are getting nobodies for applications...... sad really. that's why ADMIN can't just sit back and weed thru garbage resumes, drive to minneapolis, take Kelly Roysland out to Manny's and tell her we will double her current salary and voila . we are done. (she's at $100k)

yeah its that simple....you do realize a coach at a STATE university is a STATE employee and hiring guidelines need to be followed EOE, Its not a private sector job. They cant just Go wine and dine, throw a salary figure out and BOOM.. I know you know better so just stop

El_Chapo
04-12-2019, 04:58 PM
yeah its that simple....you do realize a coach at a STATE university is a STATE employee and hiring guidelines need to be followed EOE, Its not a private sector job. They cant just Go wine and dine, throw a salary figure out and BOOM.. I know you know better so just stop

haha.. i know. but NDSU admin has never been too proactive and soliticing in most endeavors.

Vet70
04-12-2019, 06:21 PM
I KNOW WHY...

The highlight of my day is to read what Chapo is going to bitch about next. :facepalm:

El_Chapo
04-12-2019, 06:59 PM
not bitching. just the truth. if there was a good candidate we'd hear about it, since there isn't. we are hearing silence. its ok

kab1one
04-12-2019, 07:23 PM
not bitching. just the truth. if there was a good candidate we'd hear about it, since there isn't. we are hearing silence. its ok

At the JR Grand Am last weekend in Grand Forks. Some coaches, referees from the high school division were discussing and made mention that the person most talked is from Minnesota Duluth.

As for the continual El Chapo rant to hire the person from the Cities and we will be able to recruit the cities. It really doesn't work that way with the ladies from what I have seen.

Whereas with the boys football players. The south and davies kids for example, they went to the best program and or offer and didn't care where their buddies was going. Whereas the girls basketball players travel in packs. For example look at the three that are going to UND next fall. they didn't play high school BB together. They played AAU together. They went to camps together. UND (Not NDSU). So just because you are from the cities it doesn't mean you will get cities girls to come to fargo.

Vet70
04-12-2019, 07:50 PM

Actually, it could just as easily be the opposite. Sometimes in recruiting really good candidates may be interested but do not want their name mentioned until the end. You really don't know what is going on any more than anyone else.

Tony Almeida
04-13-2019, 04:07 AM
Maybe Larson and staff feel there's really no need to rush the next hire...nothing to really lose from taking their time and getting the best possible candidate out there.

56BISON73
04-13-2019, 04:11 AM
Maybe Larson and staff may feel there's really no need to rush the next hire...nothing to really lose from taking their time and getting the best possible candidate out there.

Thats what I am thinking. Whats the big rush? Get the best possible candidate. If it takes time so be it.

summitfever
04-13-2019, 10:08 AM
Thats what I am thinking. Whats the big rush? Get the best possible candidate. If it takes time so be it.

I don't disagree, however there is something called recruiting that needs to take place. And the first viewing period is coming up within two weeks. It would be nice to get someone in place so they can get out on the recruiting trail.

Mr Meaty
04-13-2019, 01:59 PM
I don't disagree, however there is something called recruiting that needs to take place. And the first viewing period is coming up within two weeks. It would be nice to get someone in place so they can get out on the recruiting trail.

New coach will have all AAU season to recruit players. Get the right staff in place.

56BISON73
04-13-2019, 04:50 PM

That would be nice but I would rather have a good coach in place first.

kab1one
04-13-2019, 05:42 PM
New coach will have all AAU season to recruit players. Get the right staff in place.

Need to get the kids to the camps. UND Elite camp invites have been sent. The girls talk about which camps to go to. NDSU has sent nothing on camps or even dates.

El_Chapo
04-15-2019, 02:03 AM
Need to get the kids to the camps. UND Elite camp invites have been sent. The girls talk about which camps to go to. NDSU has sent nothing on camps or even dates.

UND isnt the measuring stick for anything in any sport.
SDSU/USD is the measurement.

kab1one
04-15-2019, 04:29 PM
UND isnt the measuring stick for anything in any sport.
SDSU/USD is the measurement.

We were talking about the recruits from ND that UND got and NDSU didn't. They all went to the UND camp.

SDSU and USD are different all together.

UND had 22 campers last summer. Three targeted and they were at the camp.

SDSU has about 150 at the high school camp. Bring a lot through.

NDSU, has a camp. No one signed from it.

laniersmith
04-15-2019, 09:20 PM
It has been three weeks since the closing date it is about time for them to do something unless they are waiting for the buyout of Walseth to see what money they have to pay the new coach. They need to be more transparent about what the status is even if they don't tell names some sort of update is needed.

Vet70
04-15-2019, 09:37 PM
It has been three weeks since the closing date it is about time for them to do something unless they are waiting for the buyout of Walseth to see what money they have to pay the new coach. They need to be more transparent about what the status is even if they don't tell names some sort of update is needed.

The only way updates are going to happen is when posters who want more information start calling the AD. It may not happen then.

StL Bison Fan
04-15-2019, 09:40 PM
Or ask Dom...

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1005665-Izzo-All-quiet-on-Bison-womens-basketball-search

Vet70
04-15-2019, 09:45 PM
Or ask Dom...

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1005665-Izzo-All-quiet-on-Bison-womens-basketball-search

So there is no news.

StL Bison Fan
04-15-2019, 09:53 PM
So there is no news.

And managed to write a whole article. He’s good

MinotBison
04-17-2019, 03:35 AM
If we don't know the names of applicants, do we at least have some idea who is on the selection committee?

ndsubison1
04-17-2019, 02:15 PM
Have people backed off because of the dumpster fire this program has become? Quality of candidates may not be as good as they could be? Legitimate questions for a now bad program.

Mr Meaty
04-17-2019, 04:23 PM
I maybe reaching but this is a great chance for both players and new coaches to make their mark in the world of D1 basketball. Only one way to go and that is up.

WBB Fan
04-17-2019, 04:56 PM
I am new here as a poster, but have followed this board for several years. I specifically joined to share some thoughts about your team as it relates to my daughter’s recruitment process. She plays for one of your SL competitors to the south, but was “recruited” by MW and NDSU a few years ago, if you can call it that.... Yes, we did get a call from MW on September 1st of her junior year. But that was it, until the end of May the following year. In between September and May, my daughter got recruited by approximately 50 division 1 schools and had offers from a dozen of them. We had nonstop contact from coaches of all levels at about two dozen schools. We did unofficial visits, home visits, and then official visits at two schools. In the end of May, my daughter got a call from MW. This call lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end of the call there was a scholarship offer. No personal home visit, no “get to know you” phase, nothing. We thought it very strange, and my daughter and I looked at each other and said “I wonder who just said no to them “. Eventually, my daughter told MW no, and MW was very upset that we were choosing one of the schools that we had been talking to for nine months. If this is the way she was treating all potential recruits, it’s no wonder that your team is in the position that it is in right now. You need a coach that can actively recruit girls and make them feel like they are special and that they were chosen. Not to make them feel like a third or fourth choice after everyone else said no.

El_Chapo
04-17-2019, 06:31 PM
I am new here as a poster, but have followed this board for several years. I specifically joined to share some thoughts about your team as it relates to my daughter’s recruitment process. She plays for one of your SL competitors to the south, but was “recruited” by MW and NDSU a few years ago, if you can call it that.... Yes, we did get a call from MW on September 1st of her junior year. But that was it, until the end of May the following year. In between September and May, my daughter got recruited by approximately 50 division 1 schools and had offers from a dozen of them. We had nonstop contact from coaches of all levels at about two dozen schools. We did unofficial visits, home visits, and then official visits at two schools. In the end of May, my daughter got a call from MW. This call lasted about 45 minutes, and at the end of the call there was a scholarship offer. No personal home visit, no “get to know you” phase, nothing. We thought it very strange, and my daughter and I looked at each other and said “I wonder who just said no to them “. Eventually, my daughter told MW no, and MW was very upset that we were choosing one of the schools that we had been talking to for nine months. If this is the way she was treating all potential recruits, it’s no wonder that your team is in the position that it is in right now. You need a coach that can actively recruit girls and make them feel like they are special and that they were chosen. Not to make them feel like a third or fourth choice after everyone else said no.

Thanks Mr Irwin. hopefully our new coach will know better.

CAS4127
04-17-2019, 09:00 PM

Thanks for posting. I don’t believe any of this is a surprise to anyone here who has been paying attention to NDSU WBB the last many years.

Also, I would not jump to the conclusion that your daughter was lower on the list of recruits than other players and that the “offer” call came only after others declined; rather, I’d opt that the “recruiting” she experienced from MW was just MW’s terrible/incompetent way of recruiting.

Bisonionette
04-17-2019, 09:09 PM
MW was probably the laziest coach in our school's history... in so far as recruiting.... Hence overloaded with low-skilled euro players... How the hell did she recruit them? Hi-lite film? So bogus... anyone can look like Labron in hand selected hi-lites. That is why scouting/recruiting/multiple visits to their schools, phone calls letters.. all important to make the recruit they are the number one choice, even though they may be twentieth on the list. They all need this kind of attention.. But when you have a do nothing coach and incompetent recruiter like MW this is what you get. 40-108 in 5 years. And again her first year was her best, without ANY of her own players.

mdk23
04-18-2019, 03:45 PM
Two names I've heard we should be on the lookout for in the finalist pool.
Chuck Love - Assistant at Nebraska (followed Amy Williams there from USD)
Jory Collins - Assistant at Kansas (won a D2 National Championship in 2010 at Emporia State)

I'd be good with either one. Both have histories of success, and both would bring in Midwest recruiting ties.

Bisonionette
04-18-2019, 04:24 PM
Two names I've heard we should be on the lookout for in the finalist pool.
Chuck Love - Assistant at Nebraska (followed Amy Williams there from USD)
Jory Collins - Assistant at Kansas (won a D2 National Championship in 2010 at Emporia State)

I'd be good with either one. Both have histories of success, and both would bring in Midwest recruiting ties.

Good one. Chuck is preferred, but gender issue may be a factor... wait 'n see

Bison Bridge Guy
04-18-2019, 07:32 PM

Brief article with the names of the four finalists - https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1007587-Four-Division-I-assistants-finalists-for-head-Bison-womens-basketball-coach#.XLjPK32I4-o.twitter

HoopsBison
04-18-2019, 07:42 PM
I think Chuck could do a great job if he is given the job. He would be my pick of the 4 finalists.

bruinbison
04-18-2019, 08:14 PM
Brief article with the names of the four finalists - https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1007587-Four-Division-I-assistants-finalists-for-head-Bison-womens-basketball-coach#.XLjPK32I4-o.twitter

Wow! Look at Drake go (Allison Pohlman Assistant Head Coach)
27-7 this year, 17-1 MVC.
Wins at Nebraska and South Dakota.

Pohlman is a former Northern Iowa player and assistant coach.
Hmmm, where have I read this script before......

Pohlman was inducted in the UNI Athletics Hall of Fame in the fall of 2011.

The Wellsburg, Iowa native and her husband, Kirk, have triplet daughters, Quinn, Rubie and Sidny. Pohlman holds a bachelor's of science in dietetics and a master's degree in Health Education from UNI.

https://godrakebulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=801

Bisonionette
04-18-2019, 08:20 PM

broken link oh well

bruinbison
04-18-2019, 08:25 PM
broken link oh well

How ‘bout this one?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1007587-Four-Division-I-assistants-finalists-for-head-Bison-womens-basketball-coach

Bisonionette
04-18-2019, 08:43 PM
How ‘bout this one?

https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1007587-Four-Division-I-assistants-finalists-for-head-Bison-womens-basketball-coach

THANKS bb. this works

MinotBison
04-19-2019, 12:36 AM

Would seem to be a standout choice. When do interviews take place?

NDSUstudent
04-19-2019, 01:10 AM
Impressive list, much better than the last WBB hire.

MinotBison
04-19-2019, 01:18 AM
Impressive list, much better than the last WBB hire.

To say the least.

Tony Almeida
04-19-2019, 01:23 AM
I'm all in on Jory Collins. He's the only one with head coaching experience it appears and a successful one at that. Also is a good recruiter which is just as important as we have come to learn. I'm afraid to go down that 'hire an assistant from a good program with a successful head coach which automatically translates to the assistants will be just as successful' road again...

Vet70
04-19-2019, 01:33 AM
I'm all in on Jory Collins. He's the only one with head coaching experience it appears and a successful one at that. Also is a good recruiter which is just as important as we have come to learn. I'm afraid to go down that 'hire an assistant from a good program with a successful head coach which automatically translates to the assistants will be just as successful' road again...

This. That is an easy assumption.

CAS4127
04-19-2019, 01:44 AM

Don’t care whether she has triplet daughters. Not a resume builder for WBB coach.

AKBison
04-19-2019, 01:55 AM
How old is Collins?

Vet70
04-19-2019, 02:00 AM
How old is Collins?

Just a baby---40.

El_Chapo
04-19-2019, 03:46 AM
soooo ZERO Minnesota/Twin Cities ties? wow. i mean. hmmm.. wow.

southcliffbison
04-19-2019, 03:53 AM

Now, why did you have to bring up the "G" word.... gender...? I think the past 11 years of ineptitude would prove to every one concerned about the state of WBB at NDSU won't even go there.

El_Chapo
04-19-2019, 04:15 AM
Now, why did you have to bring up the "G" word.... gender...? I think the past 11 years of ineptitude would prove to every one concerned about the state of WBB at NDSU won't even go there.

agreed cliff

BlueKeyAlum
04-19-2019, 04:22 AM

Isn't Pohlman the recruiting coordinator at Drake? They have a number of kids from Minnesota as well as Wisconsin and Iowa on the Bulldog roster. Drake recruits a lot of the areas where NDSU should have a footprint.

roadwarrior
04-19-2019, 12:13 PM

How did the last one work out?

El_Chapo
04-19-2019, 12:23 PM
How did the last one work out?

she lied about her connections or oversold them. gene taylor got snookered or didnt do his research.

Mr Meaty
04-19-2019, 12:35 PM
As some posters have said already this but that is a pretty good list. Best PERSON for the position. That is what is required in this hire. PERIOD........

Vet70
04-19-2019, 12:35 PM

You don't know what kind of contacts they may have."Ties" does not mean you have to be tethered. Drake has 3 players from Minnesota on the roster, all within 50 miles of Minneapolis. You should really do a little research before you complain.

NDSUstudent
04-19-2019, 02:11 PM
Love was at USD, you don't think he knows how to recruit MN El Chalupa?

Bisonionette
04-19-2019, 02:59 PM
I'd put Love on the top of the list. I hope we don't screw this up and let him get away

DIBISON
04-19-2019, 03:04 PM

I'm thinking the same!

AKBison
04-19-2019, 03:28 PM
I'm thinking the same!

I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Jory is probably the heavy favorite but consider this. He took over an Emporia State squad that had just won a national championship and was already a D2 power. He basically kept the train on the tracks for 7 years before taking the assistant coaching gig at KU. Obviously that is no easy task but it is light years easier then what he will face here. Love has been part of two major rebuilds including one in our own conference and probably has a pretty good idea what kind of an athlete it takes to win in the Summit. His current salary is almost 150k so he obviously doesn't want the job because it's a huge pay raise. There isn't a lot of info on the gal from Drake but hopefully she would be able to recruit well given her experience which would be a huge plus for us. With that said, we have been there done that and it hasn't turned out so well. The other candidate from Denver is DOA.

Vet70
04-19-2019, 04:30 PM
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Jory is probably the heavy favorite but consider this. He took over an Emporia State squad that had just won a national championship and was already a D2 power. He basically kept the train on the tracks for 7 years before taking the assistant coaching gig at KU. Obviously that is no easy task but it is light years easier then what he will face here. Love has been part of two major rebuilds including one in our own conference and probably has a pretty good idea what kind of an athlete it takes to win in the Summit. His current salary is almost 150k so he obviously doesn't want the job because it's a huge pay raise. There isn't a lot of info on the gal from Drake but hopefully she would be able to recruit well given her experience which would be a huge plus for us. With that said, we have been there done that and it hasn't turned out so well. The other candidate from Denver is DOA.

MW was getting 198 K. If he got that 32% strikes me as a big increase.

AKBison
04-19-2019, 05:02 PM
MW was getting 198 K. If he got that 32% strikes me as a big increase.

My bad then, thought she was making 160'ish. Jury is making high 80's. Either candidate would be a huge upgrade over what we had.

kab1one
04-19-2019, 05:10 PM
she lied about her connections or oversold them. gene taylor got snookered or didnt do his research.

Name me some big time Twin Cities players playing D1 ball right now? The pool isn't as deep as you think

Bisonator98
04-19-2019, 05:37 PM
Hoping it's Love or Collins. I think either can turn this program around.

NDSUstudent
04-19-2019, 06:01 PM
Love and Collins are also my top two picks but I think the Drake assistant is also interesting. That program has been doing some nice things.

imabison
04-19-2019, 06:14 PM
Love and Collins are also my top two picks but I think the Drake assistant is also interesting. That program has been doing some nice things.

they will all have their good points and bad points, and to be sure that when it is announced people on Bisonville will continue to rip them to shreds if they do not see what they like :0) :0)

wonder how ML will handle the interviews. Bring to Fargo, Telephone or Video conference, will he fly to their locations. I know he said previously that no further announcement will be made until the coach is hired.

NDSUstudent
04-19-2019, 06:22 PM
they will all have their good points and bad points, and to be sure that when it is announced people on Bisonville will continue to rip them to shreds if they do not see what they like :0) :0)

wonder who ML will handle the interviews. Bring to Fargo, Telephone or Video conference, will he fly to their locations. I know he said previously that no further announcement will be made until the coach is hired.

Kolpack did say that he saw Collins on campus, so I would guess he is brining them to campus.

Vet70
04-19-2019, 06:46 PM
Kolpack did say that he saw Collins on campus, so I would guess he is brining them to campus.

Let the stalking begin.

Mr Meaty
04-19-2019, 07:55 PM
This talk of a pending new coach has got me excited for the women's program. The school, community and state are ready to have North Dakota State take its rightful place on top (or at least not at the bottom) of the conference. Lets Go Bison!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elephants Dream?
04-19-2019, 09:03 PM
Meaty --- I've been a fan of WBB for a very long time.
I was ready for this downhill crap to be done for the last 13-14 years.
I'm hopeful, but after that many years I'm not gonna hold my breath either.
I hope they get it correct this time. I'm sick & tired of waiting.

Vet70
04-19-2019, 09:14 PM
I think people might be discouraged with how long it takes to bring the program back.

oldmantutters
04-19-2019, 09:29 PM
I think people might be discouraged with how long it takes to bring the program back.Basketball is a different animal, one or two difference makers can turn a team around quickly. I also think outside of the two SD schools the rest of the league is gettable. We are lacking talent right now, no doubt, but I think the right coach should be able to leverage our facilities to get us to a place where we are competing again.

Bisonionette
04-19-2019, 09:37 PM
Basketball is a different animal, one or two difference makers can turn a team around quickly. I also think outside of the two SD schools the rest of the league is gettable. We are lacking talent right now, no doubt, but I think the right coach should be able to leverage our facilities to get us to a place where we are competing again.

Summit WBB was pretty pathetic minus SD teams this season. Just bad... Opportunities abound for a coach who will work at it.

Bisonator98
04-19-2019, 10:50 PM
Basketball is a different animal, one or two difference makers can turn a team around quickly. I also think outside of the two SD schools the rest of the league is gettable. We are lacking talent right now, no doubt, but I think the right coach should be able to leverage our facilities to get us to a place where we are competing again.

This. BB can turn around in a hurry if the coach is at all capable. That's why there is no reason to be giving out 5-6 year contracts. If they can't show improvement in 2-3 years they can be replaced.

NDSU92
04-19-2019, 10:59 PM
I think people might be discouraged with how long it takes to bring the program back.

Next year if we can go three straight possessions without me feeling embarrassed for the girls I’ll like where we’re at.

Vet70
04-19-2019, 11:17 PM
Okay, I am a football guy so bear with me (although I have watched more Bison BB this year than in the past 10 combined). There are only 2 Seniors on the team so does the new hire just suck it up and deal with MW's players the best he/she can or are they likely to be replaced if possible?

WBB Fan
04-19-2019, 11:35 PM
Name me some big time Twin Cities players playing D1 ball right now? The pool isn't as deep as you think

Scheid - Northwestern
Dean - Drake
Hedstrom, Walker, 2 others - Lehigh
Backes - Wisconsin
Koenen - UNC
Haack - Bradley
Sjerven - USD
Hollie - Michigan State
Robson - Green Bay
I could probably list two dozen more, but I think you get the picture.

Elephants Dream?
04-19-2019, 11:40 PM
Okay, I am a football guy so bear with me (although I have watched more Bison BB this year than in the past 10 combined). There are only 2 Seniors on the team so does the new hire just suck it up and deal with MW's players the best he/she can or are they likely to be replaced if possible?

Actually, only one senior. Rylee will most likely be on the team. Tyrah pulled the plug on her career.

natstar1
04-20-2019, 12:35 AM
I'm going to play Devil's Advocate here. Jory is probably the heavy favorite but consider this. He took over an Emporia State squad that had just won a national championship and was already a D2 power. He basically kept the train on the tracks for 7 years...
So he's the Klieman of women's basketball?

ndsubison1
04-20-2019, 12:38 AM
Drake has a nice program lately

MinotBison
04-20-2019, 01:11 AM

So who among them is going to be the best recruiter? I still think the Drake coach looks like a good fit.

Tony Almeida
04-20-2019, 02:31 AM
I like Collins for his successful head coaching experience and I like Love because he coached under Amy Williams for the past 7 seasons.

NDSU92
04-20-2019, 02:36 AM
Love or Pohlman would be my picks but I’m not knowledgeable on any of these. Seem like good candidates

El_Chapo
04-20-2019, 03:10 AM
Scheid - Northwestern
Dean - Drake
Backes - Wisconsin
Koenen - UNC
Haack - Bradley
Sjerven - USD
Hollie - Michigan State
Robson - Green Bay

#1 recruit in the country Paige Bueckers to U conn. NBD.. haha

kab1one
04-20-2019, 01:13 PM
Scheid - Northwestern
Dean - Drake
Backes - Wisconsin
Koenen - UNC
Haack - Bradley
Sjerven - USD
Hollie - Michigan State
Robson - Green Bay

Thank you for the info. And i believe this proves my point to el chapo. If there are 40 d 1 girls in the cities right now ndsu won’t have a chance with how many? Very few.

Ndsu hiring a coach from the cities probably doesn’t change that since there is are schools from all over already with access and inroads. Breaking into that market to recruit is going to much harder than he thinks. It’s not like football where the gophers don’t offer and the wayzata player comes to the best game around in football.

bruinbison
04-20-2019, 02:24 PM
Thank you for the info. And i believe this proves my point to el chapo. If there are 40 d 1 girls in the cities right now ndsu won’t have a chance with how many? Very few.

Ndsu hiring a coach from the cities probably doesn’t change that since there is are schools from all over already with access and inroads. Breaking into that market to recruit is going to much harder than he thinks. It’s not like football where the gophers don’t offer and the wayzata player comes to the best game around in football.

But you only need 1 or 2 a year, right???:)

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that at least 2 of the candidates are recruiting coordinators. My 2cents is that if the new Head Coach doesn’t have experience in recruiting Minnesota, especially the metro, then make sure you hire an assistant who does have experience/connection to Minnesota.

kab1one
04-20-2019, 04:13 PM
But you only need 1 or 2 a year, right???:)

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that at least 2 of the candidates are recruiting coordinators. My 2cents is that if the new Head Coach doesn’t have experience in recruiting Minnesota, especially the metro, then make sure you hire an assistant who does have experience/connection to Minnesota.

My point with Lakes, it isn't as easy has he wants to make it sound. "Hire someone from the cities, and we will get TC ladies to come to NDSU". Lakes you should come to the North Tartan AAU tournament end of July. You can stay at your brothers place, games are at Bloomington and Hopkins high schools. There will be 80 to 120 coaches (D1 down to NAIA) there looking at same players. Lindsay Whalen was there last year, Brew from UND, don't recall seeing Maren but wasn't looking for her either. This is a regional tournament. Strong Iowa presence teams from Milwaukee as well. The competition for the top tier young ladies is pretty high and they have options.

As for getting 1 or 2 a year. you would think so. I don't know what the number of Div 1 young ladies in the TC's is. but there are probably more schools looking at them then there are available athletes. Another issue to consider when it comes to high school ladies basketball. For many of them you are competing with Volleyball as well.

A young lady on NDSU team had offers from the east coast for BB. Choose VB. So that limits the pool as well.

Tony Almeida
04-20-2019, 04:25 PM
My point with Lakes, it isn't as easy has he wants to make it sound. "Hire someone from the cities, and we will get TC ladies to come to NDSU". Lakes you should come to the North Tartan AAU tournament end of July. You can stay at your brothers place, games are at Bloomington and Hopkins high schools. There will be 80 to 120 coaches (D1 down to NAIA) there looking at same players. Lindsay Whalen was there last year, Brew from UND, don't recall seeing Maren but wasn't looking for her either. This is a regional tournament. Strong Iowa presence teams from Milwaukee as well. The competition for the top tier young ladies is pretty high and they have options.

As for getting 1 or 2 a year. you would think so. I don't know what the number of Div 1 young ladies in the TC's is. but there are probably more schools looking at them then there are available athletes. Another issue to consider when it comes to high school ladies basketball. For many of them you are competing with Volleyball as well.

A young lady on NDSU team had offers from the east coast for BB. Choose VB. So that limits the pool as well.This just makes what the SD schools are doing that much more impressive.

kab1one
04-20-2019, 04:43 PM
This just makes what the SD schools are doing that much more impressive.

It is. looking at USD and SDSU rosters. Few Twin Cities players. Obviously something was fundamentally wrong at NDSU the last couple of years in that they couldn't get local recruits, but the inability to keep players on the roster was an issue as well. Young lady from Cando leaving, Anna Goodhue (sp?) from Sioux Falls not staying. Not getting interest from the three that signed this year at UND.

i would also offer that the players USD and SDSU get signed are not under the radar like many football players that work out for the football team. Listening to an Omaha radio station one day about the bison FB team. They get players that no one else will see. The lineman from Beach or Annamoose are not on Nebraska or U of M's radar. Small town, far away, bison have first crack at them.

Ladies basketball. I would assume these young ladies are playing a top tier circuit of basketball. One local (fargo team ) is going to Chicago and Denver for tournaments. Alone with full straight of TC tournaments this summer. Another ND program out of bismarck is Going to vegas along with Chicago and cities lineup. So the young ladies in these cases are going to where the coaches can see them. And the South Dakota teams get them. Kudo's to them.

Vet70
04-21-2019, 01:13 PM
Kolpack makes his pick. Jeff, do you know we are running a poll on another thread? And thanks for reading BV.
https://www.inforum.com/sports/basketball/1008676-Final-four-Picking-a-winner

bruinbison
04-23-2019, 12:45 AM
Chuck Love staying familiar with this area and the recruiting of it......:)

https://mobile.twitter.com/laurenmarieware/status/1119674956080656386/photo/1

Official visit for Bismarck Century’s Lauren Ware to Nebraska.

Moorhead Spud Sam Haiby already at Nebraska

southcliffbison
04-24-2019, 03:04 AM
Chuck Love staying familiar with this area and the recruiting of it......:)

https://mobile.twitter.com/laurenmarieware/status/1119674956080656386/photo/1

Official visit for Bismarck Century’s Lauren Ware to Nebraska.

Moorhead Spud Sam Haiby already at Nebraska

Good bye, talent.

HerdBot
04-30-2019, 09:17 PM
New NDSU WBB Head Coach Jory Collins Press Conference 4 - 30 - 19
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/new-ndsu-wbb-head-coach-jory-collins-press-conference-4-30-19

Deputy Director Of Athletics Todd Phelps 4 - 30 - 19
https://soundcloud.com/user-744211984/deputy-director-of-athletics-todd-phelps-4-30-19

HoopsBison
05-01-2019, 02:29 AM
Morgan Paige who was an asst under Walseth was at the welcome and presser for Coach Collins. She may possibly be retained.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Bisonionette
05-01-2019, 03:19 AM
Morgan Paige who was an asst under Walseth was at the welcome and presser for Coach Collins. She may possibly be retained.

mistake - 1

imabison
05-01-2019, 12:53 PM
mistake - 1

considering she was still part of the current staff it makes sense that she was there for these meetings.
That does not mean she is continuing. However that said its the new coaches decision. Only his name is listed on gobison.com

bruinbison
05-01-2019, 03:23 PM
mistake - 1

Was curious as to why you felt this way.
It is not uncommon for a new Head Coach to retain an assistant from the previous staff, especially when not bringing multiple staff members from your current staff. Since Coach Collins was an assistant at Kansas, I assume he won’t be bringing any Jayhawk staff members with. Coach Morgan would bring some continuity for the roster and the incoming recruits. She is from Iowa originally and, I would guess, must have some recruiting experience in Minnesota.

Bisonionette
05-01-2019, 03:52 PM
I would think it's best to erase the abortion that was.... entirely...

Continuity is what we're trying to avoid...

HoopsBison
05-01-2019, 05:36 PM
considering she was still part of the current staff it makes sense that she was there for these meetings.
That does not mean she is continuing. However that said its the new coaches decision. Only his name is listed on gobison.comCorrect, just becuase she was there doesnt mean she will be retained but I personally think it does indicate a better chance.

She was prolly lowest rank on Walseth's staff, still young and learning.

Tony Almeida
05-02-2019, 02:20 AM
Was curious as to why you felt this way.
It is not uncommon for a new Head Coach to retain an assistant from the previous staff, especially when not bringing multiple staff members from your current staff. Since Coach Collins was an assistant at Kansas, I assume he won’t be bringing any Jayhawk staff members with. Coach Morgan would bring some continuity for the roster and the incoming recruits. She is from Iowa originally and, I would guess, must have some recruiting experience in Minnesota.If only I knew how to post a 'shocked double take' meme...