PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line

Gamehunter
09-13-2005, 12:55 AM
So what is the verdict after facing a very strong Northwestern D?

They completely shut down our running game....Steffes had one tough day out there.
However, we were obviously still able to make enough plays to win convincingly.

What is the word on Popowski? Hopefully his injury is not major. He is a vital part of the OL which is already stretched thin.

How is Medal holding up? From what I have heard, he is doing better than expected.

Maybe roadwarrior can answer some of these since he was at the game.

On the Defensive Line

From what I have seen, this is going to be a very dominant group this year. Robinson was pulled with injury correct? How is he doing?

Overall, I was impressed with the line play. I didn't think we would dominate nearly as much as we did. If the OL gets things together in the next couple games that could make the difference between a good year and an awesome year.

Bisonguy
09-13-2005, 02:31 AM
The press conference should have better answers on Popowski and Robinson. From the coaches show last night, it sounds like they should be back. Biazal's injury was supposedly the most severe of the three.

I think the line did OK. Yeah, there wasn't a lot of rushing yards, but Walker had time to throw, even on five step drops. If Walker had tons of pressure on him, and NDSU couldn't run, then I would be worried about the OL. The biggest part of the inability to run was NSU's defense. They threw everything to stop the run, which openend up the passing game. Good adjustment by the coaches to put the team in the position to win the game.

roadwarrior
09-13-2005, 03:28 AM
The offensive line did a great job of protecting Walker on passing plays. NSU did not get into the backfield very much, but it definitely was a brick wall when trying to run through them.

silkamilkamonico
09-13-2005, 05:58 AM
Anyone catch what kind of defensive system they play?

Did I hear a 4-2-5 they were going as their base?

Bisonguy
09-13-2005, 08:43 PM
Anyone catch what kind of defensive system they play?

Did I hear a 4-2-5 they were going as their base?

Yes, and they love to blitz and use the LB's and rover (or whatever they call the fiftth DB) to stuff the run. The defense attacks a lot and is very aggressive.