PDA

View Full Version : Nice Kolpack comment from BisonMediaBlog

GCWaters
09-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Seeing is believing

The various parents and Bison fans loitering around the Turpin Stadium field after a 35-7 victory against Northwestern State (La.) witnessed something that most Bison fans didn't: a dominating performance. Comments like "wasn't that something?" were common.

That's too bad. This move to I-AA football has a cost -- it has cut into the Bison traveling party simply because of the distance. If only there was a way to either televise every game or bring it back to Fargo via satellite.

If the Bison keep this up, more of their fans will want to see every game.

Posted by: Jeff Kolpack on 9/10/2005 at 10:08 PM | Comments (1)

Big_BisonFan
09-12-2005, 08:47 PM
I agree with Kolpack. Here are some rough ideas for discussion.

Short-term idea:
Broadcast the away games on the big screens at the Fargodome or some other venue, with the call from the WDAY radio crew.

Long-Term Solution:
Bison games on TV in western Minnesota and North Dakota.

WYOBISONMAN
09-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Bison games on satelite........for the alumni to see.......

go_bison
09-12-2005, 09:30 PM
I would like to see the away games broadcasted on WDAY for ND and MN. It would probably increase home attendance.

BISON_PRIDE
09-12-2005, 11:55 PM
I would think a web cast on gobison.com for a subcription might be the next logical avenue. That would bring in more revenue from the alumni not in the viewing area.

I would pay a few bucks to watch the away games now.

BisBison
09-13-2005, 12:12 AM
I would think a web cast on gobison.com for a subcription might be the next logical avenue. *That would bring in more revenue from the alumni not in the viewing area. *

I would pay a few bucks to watch the away games now.
+++

Bisonguy
09-13-2005, 02:21 AM
go_bison and Bison_Pride have good ideas (actually that's what I want, so maybe they're good ideas in my opinion. ;D)

Road games broadcast on TV in the region would be good for home attendance - don't broadcast home games unless they're sold out.

Pay-per webcast on gobison.com would help generate revenue to at least help offset the costs, and could generate greater far-off alumni gifts as they could actually see where their $$$ is going.

kchats
09-13-2005, 04:00 AM
Sounds like it will probably start off with webcast of home games. As Coach Bohl builds this team and they continue to improve the fan base will continue to grow. People like to see good football played by quality young men and coached by a classy and likeable coach.

Bisonguy
09-13-2005, 10:36 PM
Hallstrom just added some nice blogging (or is it blogs, well, whatever?) with a comment about adding TV coverage. The complaint in the past by the TV media is that not enough companies are coughing up the $$$ for advertising during Bison football games on TV. Maybe NDSU could help out and line up some sponsors, just like they do on the Craig Bohl Show.

Hallstrom also did a good job of pointing out the role of the media, as opposed to the fans. One of my pet peeves are the homer media that some teams have. If I want sugar-coating, I'll talk to myself or on this board (although Bisonville is a far cry from the sugar-laden candyland message boards that some other I-AA schools have). I want the media to report the truth, with the lack of green and gold glasses that I wear.

kchats
09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
His blog made it sound like he was either reading this board or somebody to him to task personally for his pick.

Bisonguy
09-13-2005, 11:48 PM
His blog made it sound like he was either reading this board or somebody to him to task personally for his pick.

He was replying to a comment to one of Kolpack's blogs.

gcichy
09-14-2005, 01:39 PM
The key is not WDAY but with Fox Sports North. NDSU needs to work Fox Sports to get some games on TV. CalDavis does it with its regional sports partner, Northern Colorado does it, why not the Bison. This will not only help the fans but with recruiting .

markerman
09-14-2005, 06:18 PM
Grassroots can really help in a situation such as this. If we all send emails to FSN show our interest in seeing the Bison on TV, it can't hurt. There is no reason that they shouldn't be covering Bison Football & basketball and (I apologize) UND Hockey.

gcichy
09-14-2005, 07:01 PM
Here is the information to e-mail Foxsports North
feedback@foxsports.com or sportscomments@newscorp.com.