PDA

View Full Version : Delaware 2019

Pages : [1] 2

Gully
01-29-2019, 04:49 PM
Anyone making plans to attend yet? I'm planning on going but haven't even looked into hotels, tickets, etc.

Is there any insight to the ticket situation yet? I'm not sure if they'll try to tightly control things or leave it open for anyone to purchase when they begin selling.

Bison 4 Life
01-29-2019, 04:53 PM
I'm planning on it. Giving up the Target Field game so I can go. Got a room but no ticket yet. I haven't tried to navigate that system yet.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-29-2019, 05:09 PM
I plan on going to the Delaware game. Fly into Philly and hang out there, then drive to the game. Maybe visit Paddys.

gumby013
01-29-2019, 05:28 PM
I'll be there. I have meetings scheduled the following week in NYC.

mrstevens53
01-29-2019, 05:28 PM
I plan on going to the Delaware game. Fly into Philly and hang out there, then drive to the game. Maybe visit Paddys.

Driving down from Maine for this one. Closest game to me in years!

THEsocalledfan
01-29-2019, 05:29 PM
I'm thinking of travel hacking my way there, however, my sons football schedule is likely to make it not possible.

westnodak93bison
01-29-2019, 05:39 PM
Maybe. If I go I want to tour Camden just to see it is really that bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
01-29-2019, 05:44 PM
Maybe. If I go I want to tour Camden just to see it is really that bad.

It is.

10 char

roadwarrior
01-29-2019, 06:19 PM
Homewood suites booked

PlainsBison
01-29-2019, 06:32 PM
NFL needs to schedule the Eagles at home that weekend. Potential for a darn good time.

scbison91
01-29-2019, 07:27 PM
I will be there. .My son goes to school in Philadelphia........

cbline
01-29-2019, 07:45 PM
My nephew's wife started a post-doc at Delaware this past fall, and they live in Philly. We are on the fence about going. Could visit them in their new place and also attend the Bison game. We shall see.

totoinfl
01-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Thinking about this one myself. Either fly cheap into Virginia Beach and drive up or in BWI.

tony
01-29-2019, 08:44 PM
Every time I think I can get to a game, something comes up that squashes my plans. I will not tempt fate by making plans yet.

However, for those thinking of going, it's under 40 miles from Philadelphia International Airport to Newark, DE.

Gully
01-29-2019, 08:53 PM
Every time I think I can get to a game, something comes up that squashes my plans. I will not tempt fate by making plans yet.

However, for those thinking of going, it's under 40 miles from Philadelphia International Airport to Newark, DE.

You must attend. I don't think I've ever met you, although I understand you're a "very ordinary looking guy" :)

Gully
01-29-2019, 08:55 PM
Homewood suites booked

Glad you decided to attend, I'm sure it was a tough decision for you.

ndsubison1
01-29-2019, 08:56 PM
Planning on going

SamsRams
01-29-2019, 09:04 PM
Hotel booked a couple months ago as well as flight into BWI. Still need to book return flight. Pumped for this one. Love seeing NDSU in new stadiums

StL Bison Fan
01-29-2019, 09:06 PM
We are ready! Hotel and plan on driving and sightseeing

NovaBison
01-30-2019, 12:32 AM
Definitely going! Currently driving to Baltimore everyday for work, and this isn't that much farther of a drive.

That plus the Target Field game... going to get my fill of Bison games this year, finally, can't wait!

scbison91
01-30-2019, 01:36 AM

However, for those thinking of going, it's under 40 miles from Philadelphia International Airport to Newark, DE. but if you hit traffic at right time its' about 2 1/2 hours...

Honeybooboo
01-30-2019, 02:02 AM
im booked at the Embassy Suites in Newark in what looks like its just steps from the stadium, undecided for sure if I'm going. Doesn't NDSU get an Allotment of tickets like every team that comes to the dome?

hookerboots
01-30-2019, 02:12 AM
Planning on going....hoping for a Sunday home Eagles game as well!! Just need flights/tickets/hotel :)!!

bisonaudit
01-30-2019, 05:10 AM
Eagles are playing the Jets in 2019 so 10.5 chances in 16 that they’ll be in the neighboorhood.

tony
01-30-2019, 01:33 PM
You must attend. I don't think I've ever met you, although I understand you're a "very ordinary looking guy" :)

That's probably the kindest assessment of my appearance that I've ever read. *sniff*

"When is the last time you got a haircut?" My grandma every single time she saw me.
"Oh dear." My other grandma.
"You look like Hugh Hefner, if Hugh Heffner had been homeless for most of his life." (or a variation thereof) - pretty much everybody that one time I wore my beloved velvet blazer to the Dakotas.
"I loved you in Fargo." waitress in London who mistook me for Steve Buscemi 20 years ago.

Vet70
01-30-2019, 01:45 PM
That's probably the kindest assessment of my appearance that I've ever read. *sniff*

"When is the last time you got a haircut?" My grandma every single time she saw me.
"You look like Hugh Hefner, if Hugh Heffner had been homeless for most of his life." (or a variation thereof) - pretty much everybody that one time I wore my beloved velvet blazer to the Dakotas.
"I loved you in Fargo." waitress in London who mistook me for Steve Buscemi 20 years ago.

Something like this? Still not half as bad as Loaf.
https://i.gifer.com/6cQX.gif

StL Bison Fan
01-30-2019, 01:54 PM

That isn’t your picture next to your name on here???.

BattleBorn
01-30-2019, 04:46 PM
I plan on a group of anywhere from 2-8!

gumby013
01-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Homewood suites booked

I am as well. Booked it in September.

Southern Bison
03-10-2019, 08:51 PM
Anyone making plans to attend yet? I'm planning on going but haven't even looked into hotels, tickets, etc.

Is there any insight to the ticket situation yet? I'm not sure if they'll try to tightly control things or leave it open for anyone to purchase when they begin selling.The Carolinas Alumni group is already working with the UD Athletic Dept., Teammakers, & the Alumni Association to host the "official" tailgate event at Delaware. We will be offering food & beverages as we did in Youngstown & Terre Haute in past years.

We will be getting group ticket pricing from UD for attendees that have RSVP'd to the tailgate. Y'all can join us for all-you-can-eat & drink prior to the game & pick up your ticket from our check-in table.

More details and final pricing will come out as we finalize details with UD & within our group.

You can follow our group on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/306655102712130/?ref=share

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

gumby013
03-10-2019, 08:57 PM
The Carolinas Alumni group is already working with the UD Athletic Dept., Teammakers, & the Alumni Association to host the "official" tailgate event at Delaware. We will be offering food & beverages as we did in Youngstown & Terre Haute in past years.

We will be getting group ticket pricing from UD for attendees that have RSVP'd to the tailgate. Y'all can join us for all-you-can-eat & drink prior to the game & pick up your ticket from our check-in table.

More details and final pricing will come out as we finalize details with UD & within our group.

Thanks for doing all of this. You guys did an awesome job at Youngstown. Great not having to do a damn thing for the tailgate besides show up. I’ll watch for the RSVP.

17>1
03-10-2019, 10:38 PM
Got a new job at the VA and was a bit nervous that this vacation request would carry over since I asked for 2 weeks off. Got the ok this week, see you there!

Go Bison!

EC8CH
03-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Please tell me someone makes this trip dressed as Wayne and Garth.

Gully
03-12-2019, 04:16 PM
The Carolinas Alumni group is already working with the UD Athletic Dept., Teammakers, & the Alumni Association to host the "official" tailgate event at Delaware. We will be offering food & beverages as we did in Youngstown & Terre Haute in past years.

Great, thanks. I just joined your fb group.

GSUsTALON
03-14-2019, 12:06 AM
So after you beat the $h!t out of Delaware by 24+ how many of you will wish you spent your money on a different game????

Just kidding - have fun!

bluehennation
03-15-2019, 03:18 PM
im booked at the Embassy Suites in Newark in what looks like its just steps from the stadium, undecided for sure if I'm going. Doesn't NDSU get an Allotment of tickets like every team that comes to the dome?

it's across the street. Perfect location to stay for the game!

bluehennation
03-15-2019, 03:20 PM
For those coming to Newark, if you want to take a look/keep track of our Stadium project you can view through this link.....

https://bluehens.com/feature/WACConstruction

tony
03-15-2019, 03:40 PM
For those coming to Newark, if you want to take a look/keep track of our Stadium project you can view through this link.....

Thanks! I really like how steep the seating is.

bluehennation
03-15-2019, 04:26 PM
Thanks! I really like how steep the seating is.

yes. it is nice. That was a big concern of many in the design phase of the renovations. No one wanted to lose the sight lines we have had for 50 years. At one point they were talking about a complete rebuild before they went with the retrofit renovation......what also makes it nice is the stands start about 10-12 feet above the field which eliminates the low seats looking into the backs of the guys on the sidelines.......The renovations are a loooooonnnnnggggg time coming and will change the playing field for recruiting...........oh, and your radio guys will be very pleased that they don't have to climb into the old tin can press box that was just removed.......

GSUsTALON
03-18-2019, 03:28 AM
yes. it is nice. That was a big concern of many in the design phase of the renovations. No one wanted to lose the sight lines we have had for 50 years. At one point they were talking about a complete rebuild before they went with the retrofit renovation......what also makes it nice is the stands start about 10-12 feet above the field which eliminates the low seats looking into the backs of the guys on the sidelines.......The renovations are a loooooonnnnnggggg time coming and will change the playing field for recruiting...........oh, and your radio guys will be very pleased that they don't have to climb into the old tin can press box that was just removed.......

As an outsider do you think you stadium is as nice as NDSU's. I know you'll fill it for the game but how many can it hold?

Olton Hall
03-21-2019, 01:14 AM

That's great to hear. I'm following the group on FB. My sister is UD alumni and she's also up for some Bison fun to have a little sibling rivalry.

bluehennation
03-28-2019, 03:43 PM
As an outsider do you think you stadium is as nice as NDSU's. I know you'll fill it for the game but how many can it hold?

Prior to construction it held b/t 22 and 23K......After construction, the capacity will slightly decrease, but the amenities will increase with a dedicated club seating section with cushioned chair back seats. Premium 35-35 yard line chair back seating. Updated concessions.......State of the art press box.....I can not speak to the Fargodome, but I would imagine an indoor facility would have all the amenities you would need. When the Whitney Athletic Center is finished, it will be one of the finest if not the finest facilities in the CAA and FCS.

MNLonghorn10
03-28-2019, 06:02 PM
Prior to construction it held b/t 22 and 23K......After construction, the capacity will slightly decrease, but the amenities will increase with a dedicated club seating section with cushioned chair back seats. Premium 35-35 yard line chair back seating. Updated concessions.......State of the art press box.....I can not speak to the Fargodome, but I would imagine an indoor facility would have all the amenities you would need. When the Whitney Athletic Center is finished, it will be one of the finest if not the finest facilities in the CAA and FCS.

better than Indiana States? doubt it

bluehennation
03-29-2019, 03:02 PM
better than Indiana States? doubt it

http://delawarefirst.udel.edu/priorities/athletics-facilities/
https://www1.udel.edu/giving/henfunder/?cfpage=project&project_id=23868

I would put the finished product up against any in the country....Combined with the indoor practice facility and the refurbished Delaware Stadium, Delaware has terrific athletic facilities. And I can not really take any football stadium that only has seats on one side seriously.....

Bisonator98
03-29-2019, 03:06 PM

I would put the finished product up against any in the country....Combined with the indoor practice facility and the refurbished Delaware Stadium, Delaware has terrific athletic facilities.

I'm sure longhorn was being facetious. Everyone knows Indiana State's facilities aren't even high school worthy. Your stadium is going to be very nice.

Twincitybizon
03-29-2019, 03:39 PM

I would put the finished product up against any in the country....Combined with the indoor practice facility and the refurbished Delaware Stadium, Delaware has terrific athletic facilities. And I can not really take any football stadium that only has seats on one side seriously.....
He's joking, Indiana State is ashit hole

bluehennation
03-29-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm sure longhorn was being facetious. Everyone knows Indiana State's facilities aren't even high school worthy. Your stadium is going to be very nice.

got it. I kind of thought so, but......in cyber world you never know...our facility improvements for football have been a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg time coming. Part of KC Keeler's dismissal was due to the fact that he would not bury the facility topic and freely talked about what he wanted/needed to compete against the top FCS schools.....The old pres was not a big fan of putting cash into athletics......THe new pres and AD are both on board with putting athletics as the "front porch" of the university!

GSUsTALON
03-30-2019, 01:34 AM
got it. I kind of thought so, but......in cyber world you never know...our facility improvements for football have been a loooooooonnnnnnngggggg time coming. Part of KC Keeler's dismissal was due to the fact that he would not bury the facility topic and freely talked about what he wanted/needed to compete against the top FCS schools.....The old pres was not a big fan of putting cash into athletics......THe new pres and AD are both on board with putting athletics as the "front porch" of the university!

GOOD NEWs!

Soup Can
04-10-2019, 05:10 PM
Time to buy airline tickets!
Today's price from Fargo is $288 round trip and from MSP $136.

It will be tough to beat that.

Soup Can
04-10-2019, 05:11 PM
Time to buy airline tickets!
Today's price from Fargo is $288 round trip and from MSP $136.

It will be tough to beat that.

to Philly

10char

Bison 4 Life
04-10-2019, 08:06 PM
to Philly

10char

Since Newark is pretty much suburban Philly, that's where you want to go.

IndyBison
04-10-2019, 09:37 PM
That's Trenton. Newark is across the river from NYC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
04-10-2019, 09:44 PM
That's Trenton. Newark is across the river from NYC.

I think Bison4Life was talking about Newark, DE

IndyBison
04-11-2019, 01:02 AM
I think Bison4Life was talking about Newark, DE

"Upon further review, the call on the field has been changed. The official is an idiot.'

Bison 4 Life
04-11-2019, 02:32 AM
"Upon further review, the call on the field has been changed. The official is an idiot.'

My fault, I didn't pronounce it correctly. I meant NewARK. Apparently that's a thing.

PlainsBison
04-17-2019, 02:38 PM
We’ll know this evening if we have a double header, I.e. Eagles at home or in NYC.

Bison Bridge Guy
04-17-2019, 04:40 PM
We’ll know this evening if we have a double header, I.e. Eagles at home or in NYC.

According to the "source" in this article, the Eagles will be at Atlanta. https://www.philly.com/eagles/eagles-schedule-2019-games-nfl-washington-redskins-atlanta-falcons-regular-season-20190417.html

asvor68
05-22-2019, 03:10 PM
According to the "source" in this article, the Eagles will be at Atlanta. https://www.philly.com/eagles/eagles-schedule-2019-games-nfl-washington-redskins-atlanta-falcons-regular-season-20190417.html

...and same day Temple plays Maryland at Eagles home in Philadelphia

Christopher Moen
06-18-2019, 06:49 PM
Just got this email from NDSU about purchasing tickets for the Delaware game:

Bison Fans,

Requests to purchase tickets through North Dakota State University for the football game at the University of Delaware can be submitted online until 4 p.m. Monday, July 1st. The Bison will play the Blue Hens on Saturday, Sept. 14, at Delaware Stadium in Newark, DE.

Order fulfillment and seat assignments will be determined based on priority points.
Price: $35/ticket ($30 + $5 fee)
Limit 4 tickets/account
Requests can be submitted online through Monday, July 1.
Order fulfillment will be determined based on priority points.
Notification of order status (accepted/denied) will be emailed Monday, July 8.
Tickets will be mailed Monday, August 12.
No refunds will be given on accepted orders.

Here's the link to request tickets: https://gobison.com/sb_output.aspx?form=80

Bison 4 Life
06-18-2019, 06:57 PM
Put in my request. I'm going no matter what.

gumby013
06-18-2019, 06:59 PM
My request is in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-apaIOOoAo

SDbison
06-18-2019, 07:24 PM
My wife and I will likely drive the Challenger to Delaware. Have not read all this thread, but I saw a post not too far back that said we need to submit a ticket request by July 1.

gumby013
06-18-2019, 07:25 PM
The Carolina's gang is running their tailgate too.

imabison
06-18-2019, 07:41 PM
My wife and I will likely drive the Challenger to Delaware. Have not read all this thread, but I saw a post not too far back that said we need to submit a ticket request by July 1.

Email from NSDU today for your requests up to 4 tickets per account.

cx500d
06-18-2019, 11:03 PM
Local game for me....Request in for 2, for me and the girlfriend.

NovaBison
06-18-2019, 11:16 PM
Just sent my request... 2 for me as well -- wife's first Bison game (hope this isn't a mistake :) )

56BISON73
06-19-2019, 12:05 AM
4 for myself and family Tatanka.

ndsubison1
06-19-2019, 03:03 AM

See ya there SD

Son of a Bison
06-19-2019, 06:18 AM
Just sent my request... 2 for me as well -- wife's first Bison game (hope this isn't a mistake :) )

Which part. Pretty sure many on here agree marrying is a mistake.

gumby013
06-19-2019, 01:51 PM
Still a lot of work to complete on the stadium. scroll to bottom

https://bluehens.com/feature/seatselection1

scbison91
06-19-2019, 09:09 PM
Just got this email from NDSU about purchasing tickets for the Delaware game:

Here's the link to request tickets: https://gobison.com/sb_output.aspx?form=80 Will be coming up with NC group.... My son goes to college in Wayne PA so he and his girlfriend will be going too..

cx500d
06-19-2019, 09:58 PM

SB, I'll be there with the girlfriend.

westnodak93bison
06-20-2019, 02:17 AM
I think I'll be there or in God's country - Petroleum County Montana chasing elk!

56BISON73
06-25-2019, 10:10 PM
Plane tickets purchased today. Southwest from MPLS to Philly 193.99 round trip.

roadwarrior
07-08-2019, 09:47 PM
Ticket confirmation email received this afternoon.

Olton Hall
07-08-2019, 09:51 PM
Ticket request denied email received.

Bison 4 Life
07-08-2019, 09:53 PM
Ticket request denied email received.

Same.

I'm guessing the tailgate group snapped up a bunch. I'll get one through them.

gumby013
07-08-2019, 10:16 PM
I snagged a ticket. Guessing that I only requested 1 played a part. My ranking isn't all that high.

Tickets will be mailed out on August 12th.

BisonLaw
07-08-2019, 11:55 PM
Got our four! Flights and hotels have been booked for months. So excited to get this non-conference schedule rolling! :cheers:

Gully
07-09-2019, 12:02 AM
I'm in for four! Excited to see this game and a different venue.

56BISON73
07-09-2019, 05:34 AM
Got our 4!!

gumby013
07-09-2019, 03:24 PM
Got our 4!!

1pm eastern start time announced.

56BISON73
07-09-2019, 10:05 PM
1pm eastern start time announced.

Thanks!!!!!!!!

80ALUM
07-10-2019, 04:34 AM
Got 4 also. Any idea what section is the Bison allotment?

bluehennation
07-10-2019, 07:44 PM
Still a lot of work to complete on the stadium. scroll to bottom

https://bluehens.com/feature/seatselection1

Gumby take a look at the cam today. Finally installing thr precast concrete decking for the new grandstand.

bluehennation
07-10-2019, 07:45 PM
Got 4 also. Any idea what section is the Bison allotment?

typically you will be in the lower rows of Section H in the East grandstand.8899

gumby013
07-10-2019, 08:20 PM
Note on the Delaware ticket site for those looking for tickets. The Carolinas group didn't get any tickets from the allotment. I think GA will also be available, but don't know for sure.

ON SALE 7/15! Three game mini plan starting at $55. Only way to secure seats for North Dakota State. All mini plan holders will get North Dakota State, choose either Delaware State or Penn, choose either Albany or Stony Brook and have the option to add a fourth game by choosing either Richmond or New Hampshire.

Bison 4 Life
07-10-2019, 08:49 PM
Note on the Delaware ticket site for those looking for tickets. The Carolinas group didn't get any tickets from the allotment. I think GA will also be available, but don't know for sure.

So we're going to Colgate them?

tjbison
07-10-2019, 08:56 PM
be watching this one from the lake home!!

Bison 4 Life
07-10-2019, 08:57 PM
If I'm reading it correctly, they are doing a sale on 7/15 of the packages which will be the first opportunity to buy tickets for NDSU, which seems to be the one they are selling hard.

August 1 they will sell the rest of the single game tickets, with NDSU being at a $5 premium over the regular cost.

https://media.giphy.com/media/c2pOELjarKcU/giphy.gif

17>1
07-11-2019, 02:27 AM
Thoughts on this one selling out? I'm thinking of waiting until the 8/1 date to get them, should be ok yeah?

Gully
07-11-2019, 01:46 PM
Why wait? I wouldn't. If you buy and don't need, I think you could sell them.

Bison 4 Life
07-11-2019, 01:53 PM
With a capacity of 22,000 before the renovation, it only sold just under 20k to the Elon game last year. The only one to get close. Selling paper tickets 1500 miles away sounds like a PITA.

Are they adding capacity with the reno? I can't find it anywhere.

hockeyplayer
07-11-2019, 06:53 PM

Delaware selling tickets via telephone order starting7:30 am . CDT, Thursday, August 1st . 1-302-831-2257

bluehennation
07-11-2019, 10:57 PM
With a capacity of 22,000 before the renovation, it only sold just under 20k to the Elon game last year. The only one to get close. Selling paper tickets 1500 miles away sounds like a PITA.

Are they adding capacity with the reno? I can't find it anywhere.

no. not adding capacity. actually there will be a slight reduction in capacity after the reno. Adding a ton of comfort aspects for both fans and press. New press box will be huge especially in comparison to the old one. The club section with have cushioned chair back seats with cup holders, the loge seats will have table seating and sections C, D, and E will have basic chair back seating. Under the stands will be the new club and below that on the concourse will be upgraded concessions. that being said, I expect this game to sell out. Something that used to be a regular occurrence in years past.

Bison 4 Life
07-11-2019, 11:05 PM
no. not adding capacity. actually there will be a slight reduction in capacity after the reno. Adding a ton of comfort aspects for both fans and press. New press box will be huge especially in comparison to the old one. The club section with have cushioned chair back seats with cup holders, the loge seats will have table seating and sections C, D, and E will have basic chair back seating. Under the stands will be the new club and below that on the concourse will be upgraded concessions. that being said, I expect this game to sell out. Something that used to be a regular occurrence in years past.

I'm not sure that's a good move for the ticket office. I'll buy 3 games and you'll have an empty seat for two games. USD did that and I ate the other ticket too.

17>1
07-12-2019, 03:31 AM

Think I'll take my chances and wait until 8/1. Never not gotten into a game I wanted to go to. And I'm not interested in buying some package deal early.

Would love to see a sell out though, certainly helps with the atmosphere and as an opposing fan gets me even more excited for the game.

SamsRams
07-12-2019, 05:02 AM

I’m just a single so it’s easy to wait until game day

IndyBison
07-12-2019, 12:11 PM
I'm not sure that's a good move for the ticket office. I'll buy 3 games and you'll have an empty seat for two games. USD did that and I ate the other ticket too.Those seats may have been empty anyway but more they get some revenue for them. And their gags who buy them may decide to go to the game since they have the ticket. Sure some will eat the ticket but some won't. It's a good marketing tactic.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

bluehennation
07-13-2019, 03:49 PM
I'm not sure that's a good move for the ticket office. I'll buy 3 games and you'll have an empty seat for two games. USD did that and I ate the other ticket too.

and actually for this season they will be down even more seats as they had to build a temporary press box on the east side because construction fell so far behind.

cx500d
07-14-2019, 06:28 PM
Got my two.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
07-14-2019, 10:00 PM
I think, since I'm also going for a single ticket, I might punt on tomorrow. I can't imagine that I won't be able to find a GA ticket for less than $55 for the game.

tony
07-15-2019, 12:29 PM
I think, since I'm also going for a single ticket, I might punt on tomorrow. I can't imagine that I won't be able to find a GA ticket for less than $55 for the game.

That's what I was thinking too. I'm going to take my chances - especially since I don't know if I'll be able to go.

Southern Bison
07-16-2019, 05:00 PM
Note on the Delaware ticket site for those looking for tickets. The Carolinas group didn't get any tickets from the allotment. I think GA will also be available, but don't know for sure.Gumby, I have spoken with UD Athletics & tickets will be available in the visitor sections through our tailgate for an additional $20/ticket.

I spoke with them today and will hopefully have an exact location, tent details, & cost per person finalized by the end of the week.

Bison 4 Life
07-16-2019, 06:43 PM
Gumby, I have spoken with UD Athletics & tickets will be available in the visitor sections through our tailgate for an additional $20/ticket.

I spoke with them today and will hopefully have an exact location, tent details, & cost per person finalized by the end of the week.

thanks Mark. Can't wait.

Southern Bison
07-19-2019, 09:38 PM
Update:

- We have a location with tent/tables/chairs.

- We have a hold on an additional 250 game tickets for anyone that missed out on the Athletic Dept. allotment. They can be purchased as an add-on to the price of the tailgate through our group and will be handed out when you check in.

- Our group has our hotel rooms reserved.

It's T-57 days and we should be ready to broadcast the shindig and begin accepting RSVPs & payments in another week.

Bonus: The "rig" will be wrapped in the next few weeks. She's ready for her maiden voyage!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190719/7dbfbcab41f1a7d79100420c01befee4.jpg

NovaBison
07-19-2019, 11:13 PM
Update:

- We have a hold on an additional 250 game tickets for anyone that missed out on the Athletic Dept. allotment. They can be purchased as an add-on to the price of the tailgate through our group and will be handed out when you check in.

It's T-57 days and we should be ready to broadcast the shindig and begin accepting RSVPs & payments in another week.

Bonus: The "rig" will be wrapped in the next few weeks. She's ready for her maiden voyage!

Wow... thank you for all your hard work! Hoping to get tickets with you guys... but will be attending one way or another -- This should be a fun time

StL Bison Fan
07-20-2019, 03:17 AM
Update:

Bonus: The "rig" will be wrapped in the next few weeks. She's ready for her maiden voyage!https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190719/7dbfbcab41f1a7d79100420c01befee4.jpg

Been looking forward to this!

Southern Bison
07-28-2019, 01:01 PM
The Bison football team is returning to the the east coast! A matchup between 2018 FCS playoff teams is the only "true" away game for our boys on the 2019 non-conference football schedule. If you are planning to attend, there is no need to schlep your tailgate trailer or bus, or bring your cooler and grill accros the country as the NDSU Alumni & Fans of the Carolinas have organized a gathering at Newark, DE for the North Dakota State vs. Delaware football game on Sept. 14, 2019. We have hosted tailgate events at Youngstown ('13 & '17) and Indiana St. ('15) as well as a pre-game party for the 2019 NCAA Tournament game between NDSU & Duke in Columbia,SC.

The day will include a tailgate cookout with players' families, University leadership, and alumni from across the country. Local Fargo media will be broadcasting live from our location. The tailgate lot opens at 9 am and we will be open from 9:30-12:30. Kickoff is at 1pm ET.

Tailgate menu: TBD, assorted side dishes, water, assorted pop and beer.

$60/person includes tailgate cookout and game ticket (parking fees not included)
$30/person includes tailgate cookout only (parking fees not included)

Please RSVP by Tuesday, September 3rd for us to accurately plan for food & game tickets.

***RSVP to carolina.ndsu@gmail.com with number of attendees and if game tickets are needed.***

Please park in grass lot of our tailgate area. Cost is $20/car (paid at the entrance). Tailgate cookout will be held one block south of 601 Sincock Lane, Newark, DE (for your GPS) at the pin on the map below.

Look for the tent with the Bison flags flying high!
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190728/b5858e5f0f5cdf617f2433c1844dcd8e.jpg

Winterborn
07-29-2019, 03:57 PM
I will be there as well.

Bison 4 Life
08-02-2019, 09:16 PM
Still looks like the only way to get NDSU tickets is through the $55 mini plan.

I bought through the tailgate, but that's some South Dakota bullshit.

17>1
08-03-2019, 02:32 AM
Still looks like the only way to get NDSU tickets is through the $55 mini plan.

I bought through the tailgate, but that's some South Dakota bullshit.

Agreed

10char

StL Bison Fan
08-03-2019, 03:04 AM
Baltimore is an hour away. We are heading to the inner harbor after the game. It is a great area that I would recommend if you have time. We are staying near the National Aquarium which is really nice. And of course, crab cakes :hungry:

17>1
08-03-2019, 06:40 AM
Baltimore is an hour away. We are heading to the inner harbor after the game. It is a great area that I would recommend if you have time. We are staying near the National Aquarium which is really nice. And of course, crab cakes :hungry:

I took 2+ weeks of vacation, but we haven't quite dialed in the specifics of our itinerary yet. I know we're hitting up Pittsburgh and Philly on the way there, possible quick trip into NYC prior as well to see family. Then DC following the game. We have yet to make any hotel reservations either, may just kind of figure things out as we go.

I've really never been anywhere on the east coast except NYC when I was in high school. So looking very forward to seeing some great historical sights along the way!

gumby013
08-03-2019, 11:52 AM
Have meetings the following day in NYC, so taking Amtrak after the game. Actually flying into Newark on Friday and taking Amtrak to Wilmington.

THEsocalledfan
08-04-2019, 11:16 PM
So, looks like TSCF is in. Was worried I'd have to fly coach, but thank goodness, I found F seats to BWI. (Just can't sit with the common folk, could I? :) ) Any suggestions where to stay? I also emailed the carolina group hoping a day late is still okay.

gumby013
08-04-2019, 11:21 PM
So, looks like TSCF is in. Was worried I'd have to fly coach, but thank goodness, I found F seats to BWI. (Just can't sit with the common folk, could I? :) ) Any suggestions where to stay? I also emailed the carolina group hoping a day late is still okay.

Staying at the Homewood Suites across the street from the stadium.

THEsocalledfan
08-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Anyone have a good way to contact the Carolina group? I tried PM and the e-mail provided but no dice; just hoping to get in on this deal, but I was a day late.

Bison 4 Life
08-05-2019, 09:04 PM
Anyone have a good way to contact the Carolina group? I tried PM and the e-mail provided but no dice; just hoping to get in on this deal, but I was a day late.

carolina.ndsu@gmail.com

roadwarrior
08-05-2019, 09:09 PM
Please RSVP by Tuesday, September 3rd for us to accurately plan for food & game tickets.

***RSVP to carolina.ndsu@gmail.com with number of attendees and if game tickets are needed.***

September date

THEsocalledfan
08-05-2019, 09:11 PM
September date

Whew.....I was in a panic.

Southern Bison
08-06-2019, 12:40 AM
Staying at the Homewood Suites across the street from the stadium.

That's where the Carolinas group is staying as well.

Feelin' good, Louis! :cheers:

Southern Bison
08-06-2019, 12:50 AM
Update:

We have had a great response already in just a few days after opening up RSVPs. Rest assured, there will be plenty of room (and food and beer) as we are planning on 500 Bison fans attending. We also have plenty of game tickets available as a part of the tailgate package.

If you haven't RSVP'd yet, please do so as we are planning this outside of our career & family time which is limited. Emails coming in today are a lot easier to handle than at the deadline (Sept. 3rd)

Email me at carolina.ndsu@gmail.com with the names, email & mailing addresses, phone numbers, & graduation year (if applicable) and if you need game tickets as well.

Thank you for your support of our group's events since 2013!

BisonLaw
08-13-2019, 03:58 PM
Tickets came today. Section N Row W from the NDSU allotment.

BisonLaw
08-13-2019, 04:23 PM
In other news, I would love to see the Bisonville meltdown if our stadium looked like this and we kicked off in 16 days at home like them....

Bisonator98
08-13-2019, 05:00 PM
In other news, I would love to see the Bisonville meltdown if our stadium looked like this and we kicked off in 16 days at home like them....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJhHjACjJjA

bluehennation
08-13-2019, 05:35 PM

oh.....there is plenty of melting down on the gohens site....although there are plenty of yes men on the site that chastise anyone who points out the obvious situation with the stadium construction.....

MankatoBison
08-13-2019, 05:39 PM
oh.....there is plenty of melting down on the gohens site....although there are plenty of yes men on the site that chastise anyone who points out the obvious situation with the stadium construction.....

THere arent even walls yet, LOL. Their friggen stadium is just a bunch of termites holding hands

Bison 4 Life
08-13-2019, 05:44 PM
Hey now, they're putting seats in.....right?

roadwarrior
08-13-2019, 05:46 PM
Their construction plan only has the seating on the west side completed for this season. All of the rest will not be ready until next year.

MrSnuffleupagus
08-13-2019, 06:09 PM
You can see what they have completed by viewing their construction live camera:

BisonLaw
08-13-2019, 06:12 PM
Their construction plan only has the seating on the west side completed for this season. All of the rest will not be ready until next year.

That is the west side. They haven't even started on the east side yet (I'm not sure they are renovating the east side?)

Edit* Nvm misread your post!

bluehennation
08-13-2019, 06:17 PM

well it was originally also to include the press box, but instead of increasing man hours, they cut it out of the project and built a god awful temporary structure on the other side....As for the previous comment about termites and walls....termites do not eat concrete and we play football outside in Delaware.

bluehennation
08-13-2019, 06:19 PM
That is the west side. They haven't even started on the east side yet (I'm not sure they are renovating the east side?)

the east side in in future phases of the stadium renovation. after the west side and whitney athletic center project is finished next year, they will focus on the field hous/indoor practice facility. then likely move on to the other stadium enhancements....

StL Bison Fan
08-13-2019, 06:19 PM
Just so the seats aren’t Worse than SDSUs yellow bleachers of death, I’m good.

oldmantutters
08-13-2019, 06:20 PM
well it was originally also to include the press box, but instead of increasing man hours, they cut it out of the project and built a god awful temporary structure on the other side....As for the previous comment about termites and walls....termites do not eat concrete and we play football outside in Delaware.

I don't get this whole attitude that because you play football outside that makes you tough.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
08-13-2019, 06:21 PM

Found this on their website:

Future plans call for fixing up the East side of Delaware Stadium

BisonLaw
08-13-2019, 06:25 PM
Found this on their website:

Thanks!

For reference, a picture of the current east side with the temporary press boxes can be found a few posts down in this entertaining thread...

http://www.gohens.net/boards/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=25597&start=705

Bisonator98
08-13-2019, 06:47 PM

Awww that's cute.....we win inside or outside. :duel::biggrin:

EC8CH
08-13-2019, 06:49 PM
we play football outside in Delaware.

Well, that explains what happened in the Fargodome last year.

Twincitybizon
08-13-2019, 07:24 PM

Not in January you don't........

gumby013
08-13-2019, 11:08 PM
Got my allotment ticket in section N.

BisonLaw
08-19-2019, 07:24 PM
https://www.udel.edu/udaily/2019/august/delaware-stadium-what-to-expect-this-fall/

1) I didn't realize they sold beer, so that's, um, awesome!

2) The beer sales are right behind the NDSU section it appears. Double win!

Gully
08-19-2019, 08:56 PM
https://www.udel.edu/udaily/2019/august/delaware-stadium-what-to-expect-this-fall/

1) I didn't realize they sold beer, so that's, um, awesome!

2) The beer sales are right behind the NDSU section it appears. Double win!

How can they do this without the world ending?

Bison 4 Life
08-19-2019, 09:00 PM
better get that hotel for the second night in Newark.

southcliffbison
08-19-2019, 10:04 PM
How can they do this without the world ending?

I would hope that all Bison fans will show restraint and decorum.:howdy:

gumby013
08-19-2019, 10:08 PM
I would hope that all Bison fans will show restraint and decorum.:howdy:

We are fairly used to venues running out of beer.

GreenfieldBison
08-19-2019, 10:26 PM
We are fairly used to venues running out of beer.

Why on earth does that keep happening? I hope somebody has given the Twins a little heads up.

HerdThat!
08-20-2019, 08:43 PM
I dont see this game broadcast on ESPN+, can anyone confirm or know how to catch it outside of ND NBC?

BisonLaw
08-20-2019, 09:35 PM
I dont see this game broadcast on ESPN+, can anyone confirm or know how to catch it outside of ND NBC?

The CAA has a deal with FloSports so this game will be streamable there. It won't be on ESPN+. Looks like it starts at $12.50/month.

CaBisonFan
08-21-2019, 12:38 AM
The CAA has a deal with FloSports so this game will be streamable there. It won't be on ESPN+. Looks like it starts at $12.50/month.Would my Roku stream it?

BisonLaw
08-21-2019, 12:41 AM
Would my Roku stream it?

https://www.flosports.tv/join-now/

Looks like it!

Stary2k11
08-21-2019, 12:59 AM
The CAA has a deal with FloSports so this game will be streamable there. It won't be on ESPN+. Looks like it starts at $12.50/month.

Flo sucks and the MVFC should boycott CAA away games until they drop the Flo contract. 8934

Christopher Moen
08-21-2019, 12:59 AM
Would my Roku stream it?

Yes. We use Roku sticks to stream the Flo app to the warm-up areas so the wrestlers know where we are during the finals (delay is usually less than 30 seconds).

Christopher Moen
08-21-2019, 01:01 AM
Flo sucks and the MVFC should boycott CAA away games until they drop the Flo contract. 8934

One of Flo's talent is a JMU grad and this has been something he/they've been working to get added to their program recently.

bri-dog
08-21-2019, 01:03 AM
One of Flo's talent is a JMU grad and this has been something he/they've been working to get added to their program recently.

Well, we all know JMU's just a bunch of streamers.

Christopher Moen
08-21-2019, 01:08 AM
Well, we all know JMU's just a bunch of streamers.

Darn right they are!

17>1
08-22-2019, 02:59 AM
Ended up reserving 2 spots with the alumni group. Figured instead of paying $55 for a package deal, we'd pay $60 for a single ticket and food/drink prior.

Scratched the NYC idea, felt like we were trying to do too much. Hitting up Pittsburgh, Gettysburg, Philly, the game, Baltimore and then DC. Should be a fun road trip! Gotta get that W though, that's the most important thing.

Go Bison!

gumby013
08-22-2019, 07:21 PM
Delaware depth chart.

https://i.imgur.com/p3JGTgT.jpg

Mr Meaty
08-23-2019, 01:08 PM
Delaware depth chart.

https://i.imgur.com/p3JGTgT.jpg

Looks like a young team not many Sr or R-SR on the team.

gumby013
08-23-2019, 01:09 PM
Looks like a young team not many Sr or R-SR on the team.

The linebackers and secondary are really young.

Southern Bison
08-26-2019, 10:44 PM
We have had a great response for the Delaware tailgate event! We're going to have our biggest event ever...over 200 Bison fans coming from 14 different states. If you're going and haven't emailed us or know someone who is, we are still accepting RSVPs through Tuesday, September 3rd. It will be a catered meal of Burgers/hotdogs/brats with hot & cold sides, pop, water, and a 3-tap hydrant (in progress pic below) of draft beers to choose from. We also have plenty of game tickets available in the visitor sections at a savings over buying through UD ticket office. Email us at carolina.ndsu@gmail.com to make your reservations.

Bison Media Blog is broadcasting from the tailgate and AD Matt Larsen and President Dean Bresciani will be speaking at the event.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190826/87f4cd2c558c34840097dd740796c57f.jpg

G-city Bison Fan
08-27-2019, 06:14 PM
Looking forward to it, 5 of us are driving in from Maryland. Excited to see everyone.

We have had a great response for the Delaware tailgate event! We're going to have our biggest event ever...over 200 Bison fans coming from 14 different states. If you're going and haven't emailed us or know someone who is, we are still accepting RSVPs through Tuesday, September 3rd. It will be a catered meal of Burgers/hotdogs/brats with hot & cold sides, pop, water, and a 3-tap hydrant (in progress pic below) of draft beers to choose from. We also have plenty of game tickets available in the visitor sections at a savings over buying through UD ticket office. Email us at carolina.ndsu@gmail.com to make your reservations.

Bison Media Blog is broadcasting from the tailgate and AD Matt Larsen and President Dean Bresciani will be speaking at the event.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190826/87f4cd2c558c34840097dd740796c57f.jpg

IBleedYellow
09-04-2019, 05:43 PM
I think it's time we start talking about this game coming up.

Roll call and thoughts on the actual game?

bison_by_blood
09-04-2019, 05:48 PM
I think it's time we start talking about this game coming up.

Roll call and thoughts on the actual game?

There has been a thread for this since January...

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 05:52 PM
I'm going but we probably shouldn't do this.

StL Bison Fan
09-04-2019, 06:15 PM
Bad mojo.
Coach says don’t overlook this week

ZHerd
09-04-2019, 06:19 PM
Bad mojo.
Coach says don’t overlook this week

We have a bye this week, but Delaware should be a good test. They return much of their offense plus they’re at home

StL Bison Fan
09-04-2019, 06:34 PM
We have a bye this week, but Delaware should be a good test. They return much of their offense plus they’re at home

Ok. Ill buy this about a bye

gumby013
09-04-2019, 06:40 PM
I'll be there. Flying into Newark on Friday and taking Amtrak down.

Highlights from their game against Delaware State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRxHK1EmeL0

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 06:40 PM
I'll be there. Flying into Newark on Friday and taking Amtrak down.

Highlights from their game against Delaware State.

In before someone confuses Newarks.

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 06:41 PM
Ok. Ill buy this about a bye

It's going to be a pretty delicious bye though, I have to say.

Olton Hall
09-04-2019, 07:11 PM
In before someone confuses Newarks.
And that they are pronounced differently as well.

barnwintersportsengelstad
09-04-2019, 07:17 PM
I'm going but we probably shouldn't do this.

I like this thinking ahead, and planning for two games during the same week and then the next week fine polishing the play book.
We did this last week!

Bison 4 Life
09-04-2019, 07:18 PM
I like this thinking ahead, and planning for two games during the same week and then the next week fine polishing the play book.
We did this last week!

Meh, this will go only slightly different than last week. Next week is going to be a blast.

El_Chapo
09-04-2019, 07:52 PM
it'll be a fun game after watching this weeks biggest game of the week Vikings vs Atlanta.

Cant wait for some real football in Delaware

CaBisonFan
09-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Too bad it's not on tv or espn plus. Not sure if I'll pay for flosports.

gumby013
09-04-2019, 09:28 PM

It’s almost cheaper to make the trip to Delaware.

Stary2k11
09-04-2019, 09:34 PM

Flo sucks. There are likely ways to stream the game online via other sources rather than paying inflated prices for a crap product.

bri-dog
09-04-2019, 09:37 PM

I just saw this on teh twitters; not sure if you can find NBC Sports Philly or NBC Sports Washington anywhere. DirecTV lists the latter as 642, but it schedule so far says "Programming not available". So not sure on that...

https://twitter.com/DelawareFB/status/1169260762059202561

mtoutfitter
09-04-2019, 09:45 PM
I just saw this on teh twitters; not sure if you can find NBC Sports Philly or NBC Sports Washington anywhere. DirecTV lists the latter as 642, but it schedule so far says "Programming not available". So not sure on that...

https://twitter.com/DelawareFB/status/1169260762059202561

Scrolled ahead on 642 on my DirecTV unit and it shows The Citadel vs Georgia in that timeslot. Although there is also a 642-1 channel in the guide and it does show "To be announced"

bri-dog
09-04-2019, 09:50 PM
Scrolled ahead on 642 on my DirecTV unit and it shows The Citadel vs Georgia in that timeslot. Although there is also a 642-1 channel in the guide and it does show "To be announced"

Yep, I did the same thing. Just couldn't remember exactly what it said. I know my local bar doesn't get that channel, but Christopher has it covered...

Christopher Moen
09-04-2019, 10:12 PM
Yep, I did the same thing. Just couldn't remember exactly what it said. I know my local bar doesn't get that channel, but Christopher has it covered...

Ah yes, the privilege of getting a free membership per employee at USAW when we agreed to our ten year deal with them. Unfortunately, their system has gotten better at not allowing people to use the same login at the same time.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-05-2019, 12:11 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/BhEJyu9Kn9vR6/giphy.gif

El_Chapo
09-05-2019, 03:38 PM
REDDIT.com

IBleedYellow
09-05-2019, 03:50 PM
REDDIT.com

reddit.com/r/cfbstreams

MankatoBison
09-05-2019, 04:02 PM
This is going to be a murder scene. we win 40-10 backups are in 2 mins into the 4th

ndsubison1
09-05-2019, 06:06 PM
Lets try a little harder to pretend we dont care about this weeks game haha

gumby013
09-08-2019, 12:03 AM
Delaware losing to Rhode Island 13-0 in the second quarter. Kehoe already been picked off three times.

TAILG8R
09-08-2019, 12:04 AM
Delaware losing to Rhode Island 13-0 in the second quarter. Kehoe already been picked off three times.So he's primed and ready for Jabril, perfect.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
09-08-2019, 12:40 AM
Phew. Doesn't jinx it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
09-08-2019, 12:41 AM
Delaware losing to Rhode Island 13-0 in the second quarter. Kehoe already been picked off three times.UC Davis almost lost to San Diego today. Did our OOCall of a sudden take a dump?

CAS4127
09-08-2019, 01:03 AM
UC Davis almost lost to San Diego today. Did our OOCall of a sudden take a dump?

Yeah, I’d go there. /purple.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marenlee
09-08-2019, 01:04 AM
UC Davis almost lost to San Diego today. Did our OOCall of a sudden take a dump?

Butler vs Indiana Wesleyan :sigpalm:

Screaming Chicken
09-08-2019, 02:29 AM
Delaware losing to Rhode Island 13-0 in the second quarter. Kehoe already been picked off three times.

Hens beat Rhode Island 44-36 in triple overtime.

sbark
09-08-2019, 02:29 AM
Any update on safety Hendricks?
Bye week gets him back

tony
09-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Delaware beat Rhode Island in 3OT. Rhode Island used to be terrible but have really improved - almost a playoff team last season.

Delaware has been known for a solid defense and limited offense.

Delaware score 44 against RI but 22 pts came in OT.
RI QB dropped back 48 times... was sacked 0 times.
Delaware shut down their running game though.

BTW, I get a former owners' Delaware alumni magazine. Highlights:

In 1970, Delaware elected a chicken named Cynthia their Homecoming Queen.
In the "What's New in Newark" (new-ark) section: The pub called Catherine Rooney's has been renamed to Finn McCool's "but its pubby Irish accent lingers." Really? For those of you without an interest in Ireland: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fionn_mac_Cumhaill

El_Chapo
09-08-2019, 01:44 PM
over/under how many deleware delaware posts this week spelling it wrong? ill set it at +/- 50

southcliffbison
09-08-2019, 02:22 PM
over/under how many deleware delaware posts this week spelling it wrong? ill set it at +/- 50

Oh, come on, no one is going to spell Deliware wrong.

southcliffbison
09-08-2019, 02:31 PM
One thing for sure, Deloware is easier to spell than Massachewsetts.

Tony Almeida
09-08-2019, 02:31 PM
Oh, come on, no one is going to spell Deliware wrong.You already spelled Delawere wrong.

superman7515
09-08-2019, 02:39 PM
Going to get it handed to us, but thought I would at least mention this:

North Dakota State at Delaware will be the first time in FCS history that two non-Ivy League teams with 700 victories will face off (thanks to the win over Rhode Island putting Delaware at exactly 700), and consequently, will be the first ever non-conference matchup between 700 win teams at the FCS level.

The only other teams are Yale, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Dartmouth.

WhoRepsTheLurker
09-08-2019, 02:42 PM
Hey, it’s no harder than Merryland

I expect a good match up in this one

BisonCardinal
09-08-2019, 02:42 PM
I thought we played them this year, as in 2019.

tony
09-08-2019, 03:37 PM
One thing for sure, Deloware is easier to spell than Massachewsetts.

And I'm not sure I've ever spelled Connecticut right until I realized it's Connect I Cut. Why is there a silent "c" in the middle of that?

1998braves64
09-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Delluwear is easier than missississippi!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

NDSU92
09-08-2019, 04:24 PM
Going to get it handed to us, but thought I would at least mention this:

North Dakota State at Delaware will be the first time in FCS history that two non-Ivy League teams with 700 victories will face off (thanks to the win over Rhode Island putting Delaware at exactly 700), and consequently, will be the first ever non-conference matchup between 700 win teams at the FCS level.

The only other teams are Yale, Harvard, Penn, Princeton, and Dartmouth.

Awesome stat. Also don’t think yall are going to get it handed to you. I’m expecting an NDSU win but not by what Vegas is saying

Tony Almeida
09-08-2019, 04:46 PM
Delluwear is easier than missississippi!.Mississississippi is easy.

ndsubison1
09-08-2019, 06:36 PM
New-Ark...

southcliffbison
09-08-2019, 07:38 PM
And I'm not sure I've ever spelled Connecticut right until I realized it's Connect I Cut. Why is there a silent "c" in the middle of that?

One of many idiosyncrasies of the English language.

THEsocalledfan
09-08-2019, 08:14 PM
Okay, so where are we all meeting up on Friday night?

hockeyplayer
09-08-2019, 10:17 PM
... We are driving from Missouri to Delaware... expect that it will be a competitive game for sure !

chance of rain showers Saturday for the game. Is Delaware Stadium grass or turf?

hockeyplayer
09-08-2019, 10:23 PM
... We are driving from Missouri to Delaware... expect that it will be a competitive game for sure !

chance of rain showers Saturday for the game. Is Delaware Stadium grass or turf?

gumby013
09-08-2019, 11:19 PM

Turf. See you there!

Gully
09-09-2019, 12:28 AM

Good question.....I should get there Friday by 7 or so.

gumby013
09-09-2019, 12:32 AM

TGI Friday across the street from the stadium of course. :nod:

Bison 4 Life
09-09-2019, 12:45 AM
TGI Friday across the street from the stadium of course. :nod:

That's right next to my hotel, capital idea!

Sun Bison
09-09-2019, 05:28 AM
I've wanted NDSU to play Delaware since we moved up. I know circumstances have changed, but, I'm still excited for this game. I'm especially excited to see how we perform on the East Coast against a program that is historically good and is full of pride in their team.

tony
09-09-2019, 08:41 AM
Combined three Delaware threads into one Mega Delaware thread.

marenlee
09-09-2019, 09:51 AM
I've wanted NDSU to play Delaware since we moved up. I know circumstances have changed, but, I'm still excited for this game. I'm especially excited to see how we perform on the East Coast against a program that is historically good and is full of pride in their team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-90S-gdVsQ

MrSnuffleupagus
09-09-2019, 12:11 PM
Anyone taking off from MSP at 9:28 am? (American Airlines)

gumby013
09-09-2019, 12:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csw4mYcboZQ

gumby013
09-09-2019, 03:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5ucssjkExc

StL Bison Fan
09-09-2019, 03:59 PM
My oh my, those are some bad uniforms that Rhode Island wears
Interesting that the two teams agreed not to play defense

Christopher Moen
09-09-2019, 04:13 PM
My oh my, those are some bad uniforms that Rhode Island wears
Interesting that the two teams agreed not to play defense

I watched the game last night. Compared to their offenses, both teams’ defenses were superior. I expect Delaware to play their back-up QB, Nolan Henderson, a lot against NDSU as he is pretty mobile and about as accurate of a passer as Kehoe. Right now, I would say Delaware is only marginally better than UND.

KSBisonFan
09-09-2019, 05:22 PM

Talk about an annoying broadcast team. Commentary guy yelling "Ohhhhhh!!!" blew my speakers and destroyed what's left of my hearing.

Twincitybizon
09-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Talk about an annoying broadcast team. Commentary guy yelling "Ohhhhhh!!!" blew my speakers and destroyed what's left of my hearing.

Honestly you're under selling it. That was awful

bluehennation
09-09-2019, 08:45 PM

So the guy yelling OHHHHH was annoying, but in his defense he is an injured student athlete and not a professional broadcaster. Says more about URI athletic admin and the priority they put on football than the kid.

KSBisonFan
09-09-2019, 09:30 PM
So the guy yelling OHHHHH was annoying, but in his defense he is an injured student athlete and not a professional broadcaster. Says more about URI athletic admin and the priority they put on football than the kid.

Thanks for the clarification. Makes more sense now but I'm still pretty much deaf, nonetheless.

Sun Bison
09-09-2019, 09:37 PM
Oops, my memory is as bad as my drinking is heavy. Forgot we faced Delaware before.

EC8CH
09-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Oops, my memory is as bad as my drinking is heavy. Forgot we faced Delaware before.

Excusable. It was over before it started.

Tony Almeida
09-09-2019, 11:12 PM
Talk about an annoying broadcast team. Commentary guy yelling "Ohhhhhh!!!" blew my speakers and destroyed what's left of my hearing.Damn that scared the shit out of me. I picked up my computer and threw it on the ground!

ByeSonBusiness
09-09-2019, 11:45 PM
Rhode Island and Delaware both got dope looks

KSBisonFan
09-10-2019, 12:00 AM

Curious how you see this one turning out? Is this year's team better than last year's?

ndsubison1
09-10-2019, 03:47 AM
5Dimes line is 27. O/U 51.

EC8CH
09-10-2019, 12:06 PM

Wow huge home dogs.

Mr Meaty
09-10-2019, 12:26 PM

Take points and the under. 38-12

NDSU92
09-10-2019, 12:50 PM
Take points and the under. 38-12

Gotta agree. Maybe take NDSU with last year’s team, but that’s wild.

bisonp
09-10-2019, 01:14 PM

It's disappointing how far Delaware has fallen. The FCS is worse for it.

MrSnuffleupagus
09-10-2019, 01:16 PM
Think this is going to be a close one. Delaware is good.

23Bison
09-10-2019, 01:53 PM
Depending in the weather conditions I would say 31-10 Bison. I’m guessing the game will be similar in score as last season but our scoring will be more spread out in quarters 1-3.

17-7 at half Bison.
31-10 final Bison.

Mr Pep Band
09-10-2019, 03:11 PM
UC Davis > Delaware > UN_ > Butler
Non-Con gets tougher each week until Valley play starts, i like this.

Delaware is a better team than UND and the game and final score will show that. Close in first half, but Bison will pull away in second half like usual. Nothing too surprising going to happen IMO. But i doubt the Blue Hens will stack the box like UN_.

Large Furry Mammals- 34
Teal'c Chickens- 14

Funny, we are playing another some-sort-of Fighting Birds.

OatmealWicket92
09-10-2019, 04:16 PM

Delaware is a better team than UND and the game and final score will show that. Close in first half, but Bison will pull away in second half like usual. Nothing too surprising going to happen IMO. But i doubt the Blue Hens will stack the box like UN_.

Large Furry Mammals- 34
Teal'c Chickens- 14

Then we go straight into a MVFC meat grinder. ISU-R, UNI, SDSU all in the next month after non-conference. I think bison win 35-10 this week, hopefully another Jabril Cox pick six.

EC8CH
09-10-2019, 05:25 PM
Danny Rocco always looked so shell shocked playing the Bison in the Fargodome. Wonder if he'll look the same way playing at Dellawear?

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSI3mut6DbrD9eYXVNHihp8knR6XV1sP 7YBUcQwGvil6zEJlz-2

bruinbison
09-10-2019, 05:33 PM
Exciting times for Delaware football

- 3rd season for Coach Rocco, whom the Blue Hens hired away from Richmond

- now up to #18 in both Coaches poll and Stats FCS poll with 2-0 start

- more renovations ready on Delaware Stadium for 2019 season

- #1 NDSU coming to town - what’s not to like???
They may not be ready for this big a leap - huge upset of the Bison - but Coach Rocco has them headed in the right direction. Good name-brand recognition for FCS football.

- Delaware also has FBS Pittsburgh on the schedule, but still could be a playoff team, especially after not losing in OT against Rhode Island.

- pre-season pick at #5 for the Colonial Athletic Association, but Delaware does not play #1 pick James Madison. Can they outperform that forecast? But even so, 5 teams from CAA in the FCS possible.

Bisonator98
09-10-2019, 05:44 PM

Large Furry Mammals- 34
Teal'c Chickens- 14

Eh I'm not so sure on that, I think they are pretty close actually. Neither offense scares me, both average defenses. Watching the Rhode Island "highlights" I think we will have a good day rushing. Kehoe is not good.

Christopher Moen
09-10-2019, 06:00 PM
Eh I'm not so sure on that, I think they are pretty close actually. Neither offense scares me, both average defenses. Watching the Rhode Island "highlights" I think we will have a good day rushing. Kehoe is not good.

This is pretty close to my opinion, which I posted yesterday:

I watched the game last night. Compared to their offenses, both teams’ defenses were superior. I expect Delaware to play their back-up QB, Nolan Henderson, a lot against NDSU as he is pretty mobile and about as accurate of a passer as Kehoe. Right now, I would say Delaware is only marginally better than UND.

During the RI game, they sold out to stop the run up the middle, but struggled against stopping runs on the perimeter. Today, I'm going to go back and watch their Delaware State game as that shouldn't have been close in any kind of way (31-13).

roadwarrior
09-10-2019, 06:40 PM
Weather forecast still shows light rain throughout game time. High of 81.

Bisonator98
09-10-2019, 07:08 PM
Weather forecast still shows light rain throughout game time. High of 81.

With a chance of Thundar? :rimshot:

gumby013
09-10-2019, 07:49 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxrItDDXn7k