PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetical: NDSU vs James Madison (Nashville)

ndsubison1
01-15-2019, 04:49 PM
Okay, I'd love to see NDSU play in Nashville. One neutral game vs JMU. Could we do this? We'd own downtown.

scbison91
01-15-2019, 04:56 PM
There would be a lot of JMU.. only 8 hours from Harrisonburg to Nashville.

Bison 4 Life
01-15-2019, 04:58 PM
This would never happen. ADs are not inclined to do neutral site games.

WeAreThePride
01-15-2019, 05:14 PM
I'm down, as long as it's later in the season. Harvest makes early season games tough. I want to play great teams out of season. Our 24 team playoff, for all it flaws, allows FCS teams to lose games and not lose their playoff hopes.

Vet70
01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
I'm down, as long as it's later in the season. Harvest makes early season games tough. I want to play great teams out of season. Our 24 team playoff, for all it flaws, allows FCS teams to lose games and not lose their playoff hopes.

Why would you be concerned with another team's playoff hopes?

Professor Chaos
01-15-2019, 05:21 PM
Nashville isn't a very big alumni center and it's not really in NDSU's recruiting footprint. I'd wouldn't say it's not possible but there would have to be a substantial financial guarantee for NDSU I'd think. I'm talking in the P5 payout neighborhood of like 400-500k.

Hammerhead
01-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Chicago is roughly halfway between Fargo and Harrisonburg using driving time.

SamsRams
01-15-2019, 05:38 PM
So weird. I was gonna start a thread about a game between NDSU and the 85 Bears on Mars and how cool that would be. Hypothetical of course

mtoutfitter
01-15-2019, 05:46 PM

I'd make sure everyone has their concealed carry permits updated for that!

BisManBison
01-15-2019, 05:46 PM
If we’re going to play in Nashville let’s just play Vanderbilt. Nashville would be a fun weekend!

ndsubison1
01-15-2019, 05:57 PM

I read somewhere that Ndsu proposed a neutral with Jmu but Jmu turned it down cuz it was too far. This may be it.

Ndsu has to continue to think outside the box.

WeAreThePride
01-15-2019, 05:57 PM
Why would you be concerned with another team's playoff hopes?

My apologies. NDSU has never lost, and never will. Praise be to Thundar.

Vet70
01-15-2019, 06:03 PM
My apologies. NDSU has never lost, and never will. Praise be to Thundar.

Apology accepted.

Hammerhead
01-15-2019, 07:03 PM
Notre Dame stadium isn't that far from Chicago. Think the Irish would let us borrow their stadium for a week?

WeAreThePride
01-15-2019, 07:20 PM
Notre Dame stadium isn't that far from Chicago. Think the Irish would let us borrow their stadium for a week?

Doubt it. Ten char

BattleBorn
01-15-2019, 07:42 PM
Nashville isn't a very big alumni center and it's not really in NDSU's recruiting footprint. I'd wouldn't say it's not possible but there would have to be a substantial financial guarantee for NDSU I'd think. I'm talking in the P5 payout neighborhood of like 400-500k.

Nashville has a decent sized watch party, and I would get my crew of 10-15 to go, so we're already in the neighborhood of 40. I'd say all that's left is to sign on the line. All jokes aside, Nashville would be a TON of fun!

Hammerhead
01-15-2019, 07:43 PM
I don't think JMU would ever schedule a neutral site game so it will have to be in Frisco again.

BisonCardinal
01-15-2019, 08:08 PM
Cool idea, but I always thought getting a game with App St would be cool. It would be at their place and I'm not sure how much of a guarantee they could pay with their relatively small staduim (25,000ish).

MNLonghorn10
01-15-2019, 08:25 PM
So weird. I was gonna start a thread about a game between NDSU and the 85 Bears on Mars and how cool that would be. Hypothetical of course85 bears like the 1985 version or whoever's still alive? Sagarin has ndsu at -90

Stary2k11
01-15-2019, 09:26 PM
85 bears like the 1985 version or whoever's still alive? Sagarin has ndsu at -90

10/char

Vet70
01-15-2019, 09:26 PM
https://media1.tenor.com/images/8c3cd2a41ea1b8a76f232bafba3fe609/tenor.gif?itemid=4445135

SamsRams
01-15-2019, 10:40 PM
85 bears like the 1985 version or whoever's still alive? Sagarin has ndsu at -90

Bruh we are talking hypotheticals. So like the ghost of Walter Payton and Richard Dent in his prime. It’s not that hard to hypothesize about so stop being weird

Oh I know. What about NDSU vs UND but UND has to play under water the whole time. That sounds like a good thread hypothetically speaking

MNLonghorn10
01-15-2019, 11:00 PM
ndsu would lose. UND's best players play on (frozen) water

bisonaudit
01-15-2019, 11:01 PM

JFC..... :facepalm:

mtoutfitter
01-15-2019, 11:19 PM
JFC..... :facepalm:

What too Redneck? Just stating facts as I don't know if there's a city with more shootings than Chicago....could be wrong though.

56BISON73
01-15-2019, 11:21 PM
Okay, I'd love to see NDSU play in Nashville. One neutral game vs JMU. Could we do this? We'd own downtown.

Nope cant do it. The AD all ready told fargo media they arent interested in meeting us at a neutral site.

Vet70
01-16-2019, 12:03 AM
What too Redneck? Just stating facts as I don't know if there's a city with more shootings than Chicago....could be wrong though.

OOh, sorry. We were looking for East St. Louis, #1 in both murders per 1,000 and violent crime. Chicago Heights was #28 in murders per 1,000 population. Chicago itself didn't make the top 30 in murders or top 100 in violent crime. Save the carry permits for Detroit.
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/highest-murder-rate-cities
https://www.alarms.org/top-100-most-dangerous-cities-in-america/

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2019, 12:32 AM

have you ever been to Chicago? Last time I was there was 2013 and never felt once I needed to pack heat, but then again, I dont play fake military out in the sticks.

mtoutfitter
01-16-2019, 12:36 AM
Yep, been there half a dozen times. What pray tell is fake military out in the sticks. I did serve 3 yrs active duty in the US Army....how bout you?

IndyBison
01-16-2019, 12:37 AM

As long as you aren't participating in a drug deal you are about as safe as anyone anywhere. This applies in most cities.

scottietohottie
01-16-2019, 12:43 AM
As long as you aren't participating in a drug deal you are about as safe as anyone anywhere. This applies in most cities.

So maybe you have a better chance of being next to a drug deal in Chicago.

mtoutfitter
01-16-2019, 12:50 AM

Above is my original post. Didn't mean to start a "it's not that dangerous" war here. Just going off of what a few clients, who happen to be cops or firefighters in Chicago told me about the place. Although I still would like to know what "Playing fake military out in sticks" consists of?

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2019, 12:50 AM
Yep, been there half a dozen times. What pray tell is fake military out in the sticks. I did serve 3 yrs active duty in the US Army....how bout you?

I dont need guns to "protect" myself from scary Chicago.

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2019, 12:52 AM
Above is my original post. Didn't mean to start a "it's not that dangerous" war here. Just going off of what a few clients, who happen to be cops or firefighters in Chicago told me about the place. Although I still would like to know what "Playing fake military out in sticks" consists of?

You really need an explanation? LOL

It means fake camo wearing, gun toting hicks who carry AR style guns to shoot at targets. Probably out in the rural areas of the woods.

Christopher Moen
01-16-2019, 12:56 AM
So, when can we hypothetically get back on topic?

Since JMU won’t play NDSU at a neutral site, we don’t have to worry about being there.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

scottietohottie
01-16-2019, 12:57 AM
I dont need guns to "protect" myself from scary Chicago.

What if someone sets off an emp bomb while your in Chicago. Shuts down the power grid. Madness pure madness. Maybe the Frisco cruiser is old enough that it's not effected and you drive home. Maybe someone sees the cruiser still running and tries to steal it. Can't ever be to prepared. Hypothetical of course.

westnodak93bison
So weird. I was gonna start a thread about a game between NDSU and the 85 Bears on Mars and how cool that would be. Hypothetical of courseWe would kick their ass. Those guys are old and Walter has passed. However, with 60% less gravity you never know.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
So, when can we hypothetically get back on topic?

Since JMU won’t play NDSU at a neutral site, we don’t have to worry about being there.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

I must have been typing while you posted. Sorry. My bad.

westnodak93bison
01-16-2019, 12:58 AM
How about playing one of the top FL fbs schools? FL State would be great.

mtoutfitter
01-16-2019, 12:59 AM

It means fake camo wearing, gun toting hicks who carry AR style guns to shoot at targets. Probably out in the rural areas of the woods.

Sorry don't do that. Like I said got enough of that when I served in the military....YOU?????

tjamz
01-16-2019, 01:01 AM

It means fake camo wearing, gun toting hicks who carry AR style guns to shoot at targets. Probably out in the rural areas of the woods.Dude, you just described my football off-season

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Vet70
01-16-2019, 01:06 AM

For my part, I just looked up a few things because I am bored as hell. I would never try to stir the pot and cause trouble. :innocent:

scottietohottie
01-16-2019, 01:11 AM
I could totally see the Frisco cruiser making it to the Mars game. Lone Starr and Barf style.

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2019, 01:29 AM
Sorry don't do that. Like I said got enough of that when I served in the military....YOU?????

Nope did not. Why do you need to know that?

WeAreThePride
01-16-2019, 01:37 AM
OOh, sorry. We were looking for East St. Louis, #1 in both murders per 1,000 and violent crime. Chicago Heights was #28 in murders per 1,000 population. Chicago itself didn't make the top 30 in murders or top 100 in violent crime. Save the carry permits for Detroit.
https://www.neighborhoodscout.com/blog/highest-murder-rate-cities
https://www.alarms.org/top-100-most-dangerous-cities-in-america/

I suspect there are enough for both.

mtoutfitter
01-16-2019, 01:37 AM
Nope did not. Why do you need to know that?

Just curious....guess it's cause of the para military shot. Anyway, I'll say one last thing and then I'm done. Feb 28-March 3 I'll be exhibiting at the Red River Valley Sportsmans show in the Dome. My booth is #156, if you have something to say to me personally please stop by as I'm up for whatever!

Christopher Moen
01-16-2019, 01:45 AM
I must have been typing while you posted. Sorry. My bad.

No worries. I just get tired of old arguments that will never see some kind of agreement between those on the left and right, let alone on this forum.

Realistically thinking, would a game between NDSU and JMU in Chicago really draw enough to make it worthwhile? I doubt it. NDSU fans might bring five to eight thousand fans, but can't foresee JMU would bringing more than a couple thousand. I base this off how individuals in wrestling don't travel that far from their homes the closer to the East Coast they reside. The Nashville idea is a better option, but still, I'm not sure how many JMU fans would travel. It's not the same as fans going to Frisco, TX, since there is not a Championship on the line.

As far as the gun concealment question goes, it's a fair question if you've never been there, but have read what happens there in the news. My answer to that is no, you don't need a gun to protect yourself there unless you plan on making a need for one by entering an area you might not be welcomed. That's something that just doesn't exist in Chicago, but many places, rural and urban, in the United States. I once made this mistake looking for a convenient store late at night after a wrestling tournament in Lawton, OK. Luckily, a nice lady ran me back to safety. Would a gun have saved me then if that lady didn't exist? No, I would have been out-gunned at least ten to one and in an open space.

MNLonghorn10
01-16-2019, 01:50 AM
Just curious....guess it's cause of the para military shot. Anyway, I'll say one last thing and then I'm done. Feb 28-March 3 I'll be exhibiting at the Red River Valley Sportsmans show in the Dome. My booth is #156, if you have something to say to me personally please stop by as I'm up for whatever!
We shouldnt need to have concealed weapons for a game in Chicago. That's what Im ending this conversation on.

No im not gonna go to your open invite to the Sportsman show because Im not into that stuff. Thanks tho, have fun.

CyPanth
01-16-2019, 02:04 AM
Being from Chicago, I'm enjoying some of your fear of the Windy City. It helps me think about you guys the way I always wanted to.

P.S. Chicago has its own version of your favorite Frisco stadium: Toyota Stadium.

EP NDSU Fan
01-16-2019, 02:58 AM
What about St Louis at the old Edward Jones Dome? It would have to be cost effective with no NFL team and it’s relatively equidistant from both schools. The greatest show on FCS turf... Gateway to the Best... and hotel rooms could be cheap if the Card are out of town.

Vet70
01-16-2019, 03:05 AM
What about St Louis at the old Edward Jones Dome? It would have to be cost effective with no NFL team and it’s relatively equidistant from both schools. The greatest show on FCS turf... Gateway to the Best... and hotel rooms could be cheap if the Card are out of town.

Now you are talking concealed carry.

StL Bison Fan
01-16-2019, 03:57 AM

Even I’m not that brave

IndyBison
01-16-2019, 12:05 PM
So maybe you have a better chance of being next to a drug deal in Chicago.Not likely. They don't happen in places where tourists and visitors are because those areas have a lot of people and police officers, 2 things must criminals don't want around when committing crimes.

Very little violent crime is random. Yes it happens but it's no more likely in Chicago than anywhere else. I've been in Chicago dozens of times and never felt close to threatened.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
01-16-2019, 01:21 PM
When you think Fargo is the "big city" you tend to not understand what actually happens in larger cities.

Bison"FANatic"
01-16-2019, 01:32 PM
We would kick their ass. Those guys are old and Walter has passed. However, with 60% less gravity you never know.

The 85 bears are all on Oxygen so they probably would have a leg up there.

Vet70
01-16-2019, 02:10 PM
The 85 bears are all on Oxygen so they probably would have a leg up there.

To hell with the 85 Bears. Princeton claims they won 28 titles between 1869 and 1950 and I say we could beat any of the players alive from all of those teams.

Gully
01-16-2019, 02:22 PM
When you think Fargo is the "big city" you tend to not understand what actually happens in larger cities.

Wait, Fargo isn't the big city? <purple>

Bison 4 Life
01-16-2019, 02:41 PM
Wait, Fargo isn't the big city? <purple>

True fact, I learned that Fargo was considered the big city while talking to someone from Linton when I was in high school.

WeAreThePride
01-16-2019, 02:51 PM
True fact, I learned that Fargo was considered the big city while talking to someone from Linton when I was in high school.

If you've got more than 1 McDonalds, you're a big city.

IzzyFlexion
01-16-2019, 02:52 PM
Being from Chicago, I'm enjoying some of your fear of the Windy City. It helps me think about you guys the way I always wanted to.

P.S. Chicago has its own version of your favorite Frisco stadium: Toyota Stadium.

Indeed, it does. Seat Geek Stadium in suburban Bridgeview (fka: Toyota Park) is almost a carbon copy of Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Not even close to the same surroundings in terms of restaurants, hotels, newness, etc.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-16-2019, 03:26 PM

From where I live if you got just 1 McDonalds you're a big city. Shoot, biggest store Linton has is the Family Dollar :rofl:

IndyBison
01-16-2019, 03:43 PM

Growing up in Minot I felt like I grew up in a city. It's all relative. Remote population centers of 35k in an area like North Dakota are very different than many other states. They have a lot more amenities and services than they would elsewhere. A city of 35k (Minot's population when I lived there) likely doesn't have a mall like Dakota Square or an airport with jet service. If they have a college or university it's more likely the hub of that town than it is in Minot. Minot, Bismarck, Grand Forks and to an extent Devils Lake, Jamestown, Dickinson, and Williston are much more business hubs than similar sized towns in many other states.

CyPanth
01-16-2019, 03:45 PM
Indeed, it does. Seat Geek Stadium in suburban Bridgeview (fka: Toyota Park) is almost a carbon copy of Toyota Stadium in Frisco. Not even close to the same surroundings in terms of restaurants, hotels, newness, etc.

I would pay to watch many of you Bison fans navigate that neighborhood in Chicago. It is safe and no problem, until you act like a vulnerable idiot who is just begging to be bothered.

Vet70
01-16-2019, 03:55 PM
I would pay to watch many of you Bison fans navigate that neighborhood in Chicago. It is safe and no problem, until you act like a vulnerable idiot who is just begging to be bothered.

Wherever we travel we can always bring a companion.
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bison-animal-waiting-para-o-metro-da-cidade-comuta-56240959.jpg

GreenfieldBison
01-16-2019, 04:35 PM

Yes indeed. Attended Clapton’s Crossroads concert there in 2010. Night before we had Buddy Guy sign us a t-shirt at his Legends club. Saw a very young Quinn Sullivan trade licks on stage with Buddy that night. It was pretty epic.

tjamz
01-16-2019, 06:37 PM
I could totally see the Frisco cruiser making it to the Mars game. Lone Starr and Barf style.That's where it was most of the 2018 season...scouting trip making sure the Mars liquor stores had the ingredients for end zone bombs, made sure the tailgate lot had enough room to pump it up and we installed some safety nets for when it starts raining (Martian) bitches. I thought this was common knowledge?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

IzzyFlexion
01-17-2019, 02:43 PM

I guess that I must have successfully curbed my vulnerable idiocy that could have gotten me killed when I did home medical service in the Robert Taylor homes, Cabrini Green, etc.

Bison 4 Life
01-17-2019, 02:49 PM
I guess that I must have successfully curbed my vulnerable idiocy that could have gotten me killed when I did home medical service in the Robert Taylor homes, Cabrini Green, etc.

That reminds me of a night out in Chicago with my friends all from Fargo and Rochester, this was maybe 20 years ago. We wandered into a kind of skeevy part of downtown and, while trying to keep a low profile getting reoriented one of my friends sees a sign for an hourly hotel and says, in his outside voice "WHY WOULD SOMEONE NEED A HOTEL FOR ONLY AN HOUR?" We picked up the pace a little bit.

CyPanth
01-17-2019, 04:00 PM
Wherever we travel we can always bring a companion.
https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/bison-animal-waiting-para-o-metro-da-cidade-comuta-56240959.jpg

That's great. It would make most Chicagoans shake in fear like they were from South Dakota!

CyPanth
01-17-2019, 04:05 PM
Yes indeed. Attended Clapton’s Crossroads concert there in 2010. Night before we had Buddy Guy sign us a t-shirt at his Legends club. Saw a very young Quinn Sullivan trade licks on stage with Buddy that night. It was pretty epic.

Yep, I was also there at Crossroads 2010. Perhaps the most enjoyable day of music ever for me. Loved Buddy Guy changing a guitar string while singing a Rolling Stones song with Ronnie Wood. It was my introduction to Robert Randolph. Incredible. And Bill Murray was hilarious. So much better than the little clips on the DVD.

CyPanth
01-17-2019, 04:06 PM

OK, that is not your standard Bison fan resume! :bow:

GreenfieldBison
01-18-2019, 06:07 PM
Yep, I was also there at Crossroads 2010. Perhaps the most enjoyable day of music ever for me. Loved Buddy Guy changing a guitar string while singing a Rolling Stones song with Ronnie Wood. It was my introduction to Robert Randolph. Incredible. And Bill Murray was hilarious. So much better than the little clips on the DVD.

Robert Randolph and his family band played at Bayfront Blues Festival the summer before last I think. During one of the tunes all of the band members traded instruments multiple times. Super talent there.

At 2010 Crossroads I took my wife along. She dragged me out of there early. I made her buy me the full meal deal at Morton’s as payback.

What does this have to do with JMU? Nothing that I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CyPanth
01-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Robert Randolph and his family band played at Bayfront Blues Festival the summer before last I think. During one of the tunes all of the band members traded instruments multiple times. Super talent there.

At 2010 Crossroads I took my wife along. She dragged me out of there early. I made her buy me the full meal deal at Morton’s as payback.

What does this have to do with JMU? Nothing that I can tell.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You missed the set by Steve Winwood and Eric Clapton? And B.B. King with Clapton, Jimmy Vaughn, and Robert Cray as his rhythm section? Ouch!

Back to the point of the thread, either Chicago or Nashville would be awesome places to hang out for a few days around a college football game.

ndsubison1
08-09-2022, 07:56 PM
This would never happen. ADs are not inclined to do neutral site games.

This aged well.

ndsubison1
08-09-2022, 07:58 PM
So weird. I was gonna start a thread about a game between NDSU and the 85 Bears on Mars and how cool that would be. Hypothetical of course

Another one.

El_Chapo
08-09-2022, 09:18 PM
Another one.

it's always the same people.

Kevin
08-09-2022, 09:28 PM
James Madison? Never heard of them bro.