PDA

View Full Version : The Trophy Case Broke

EC8CH
01-09-2019, 06:58 PM
https://twitter.com/DHolgard/status/1083084820572528641

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dwfj5lAUYAAI3_y.jpg

Couldn't handle the weight of all the trophies!

:rofl:

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2019, 07:05 PM
Now there’s a problem most programs will never face. Anybody have an image of the seven lined up on there? I tried to export the one from NDSU Football Twitter but it won’t let me since I am not a Twitter user. I’d like to send that photo to some of my Gopher friends down here in the cities so they can see what one of those things looks like.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
01-09-2019, 07:16 PM
Now there’s a problem most programs will never face. Anybody have an image of the seven lined up on there? I tried to export the one from NDSU Football Twitter but it won’t let me since I am not a Twitter user. I’d like to send that photo to some of my Gopher friends down here in the cities so they can see what one of those things looks like.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwMtvLjVYAEgmG9.jpg

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2019, 08:18 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwMtvLjVYAEgmG9.jpg

Thank you B4L!!

CAS4127
01-09-2019, 08:40 PM
I hope the ones under the Natty rack weren’t damaged, but kinda looks like they were.

That said, this will be kinda funny if it hits twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
01-09-2019, 08:44 PM
I hope the ones under the Natty rack weren’t damaged, but kinda looks like they were.

That said, this will be kinda funny if it hits twitter.

From what I can see in the first picture, I believe they just took the acrylic tops off the bottom bases and put them on the table.

tony
01-09-2019, 09:26 PM
We need some flying buttresses, stat!

Also looks like the trophy case has run out of room. Can we put the trophies on something like a baggage-claim conveyor belt and have them rotate through whatever space is in the back of the case?

BadlandsBison
01-09-2019, 09:56 PM
This is what happens when you remove the corner supports. What more proof do you want?

GreenfieldBison
01-09-2019, 11:59 PM
As I look at it I think the problem was all with the arrangement. Should have had one trophy, say 2014, right in the middle facing directly at the viewer. Then to the left of that years 11, 12 and 13 angled with left edge forward and facing 30 degrees or so angled toward viewer. Then the 15, 17 and 18 trophies mirroring that on the other side.

This arrangement was likely set up by some ... K, not going there. Somebody who had been celebrating the victory I guess.

But, how heavy are those things? Damn! I like Tony’s idea. Perhaps better yet, a robot who would take a verbal command to retrieve and present for viewing the desired year’s trophy. Gotta think about the future. I mean there is not unlimited shelf space right?

tjbison
01-10-2019, 01:17 AM
pretty bush league, didn't make sure the damn shelf was strong enough? I don't think its very funny

1998braves64
01-10-2019, 03:24 AM
pretty bush league, didn't make sure the damn shelf was strong enough? I don't think its very funnyFasteners can only hold so much! That's what looks like failed, not the shelf itself. Hopefully they install a new longer shelf and beef up the fasteners or increase the number of fasteners.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

OrygunBison
01-10-2019, 04:21 AM
pretty bush league, didn't make sure the damn shelf was strong enough? I don't think its very funny

Good Lord, Wendell. Take a breath. This is pretty damn funny. So much great smack to follow.

Counting on you guys...

GFBison
01-10-2019, 04:48 AM
Hopefully the banner in the dome can take the additional weight when they add the recent year to it.

bisonaudit
01-10-2019, 05:58 AM
Hopefully the banner in the dome can take the additional weight when they add the recent year to it.

If it caves the roof in it will solve the alledged seating capacity issue.

tjamz
01-10-2019, 08:36 AM
But, how heavy are those things? Damn! I like Tony’s idea. Perhaps better yet, a robot who would take a verbal command to retrieve and present for viewing the desired year’s trophy. Gotta think about the future. I mean there is not unlimited shelf space right?

Kinda like this?

https://youtu.be/TBF7EE2xnN4

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
01-10-2019, 10:20 AM
Who the hell engineered that tropy case?

CalBison97
01-10-2019, 11:40 AM
Who the hell engineered that tropy case?

Clearly the same person who did UN_’s.

scottietohottie
01-10-2019, 11:54 AM
They better check the axle ratings on the trailer before they take those trophies on winter tour.

do they still stop at Sioux falls Scheels?

oldmantutters
01-10-2019, 12:26 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI did notice that not only are they going to have to add another year for both conference championship and national championship but they are out of room on the banner. They are going to have to go to a smaller font and replace every single year. This could get expensive, think we'll have to cut a sport to pay for it?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

scottietohottie
01-10-2019, 12:28 PM
I did notice that not only are they going to have to add another year for both conference championship and national championship but they are out of room on the banner. They are going to have to go to a smaller font and replace every single year. This could get expensive, think we'll have to cut a sport to pay for it?

Just keep making it longer and move the opposing teams seats to the South endzone behind it. Maybe give that a test run at the next home game.

GreenfieldBison
01-10-2019, 01:09 PM
Kinda like this?

https://youtu.be/TBF7EE2xnN4

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Exactly right. Good cross disciplinary project for ME, EE and CS teams too.

Vet70
01-10-2019, 02:38 PM
Clearly the same person who did UN_’s.

Not a problem there.
https://i.imgur.com/XQTcyG7.jpg?1

Bison 4 Life
01-10-2019, 02:42 PM
I'm still not convinced it wasn't a stunt. There are a lot of things that are a little hinky.

-Those trophies don't weigh that much
-If they fell, there would be SOME damage
-The trophies below appear to also have suffered no damage.

Literally the best troll tweet ever. Don't care if it's real or not.

JMB
01-10-2019, 02:52 PM
The FargoDome is obviously structurally un-sound. We should immediately build a new stadium.

StL Bison Fan
01-10-2019, 04:13 PM
I did notice that not only are they going to have to add another year for both conference championship and national championship but they are out of room on the banner. They are going to have to go to a smaller font and replace every single year. This could get expensive, think we'll have to cut a sport to pay for it?

I asked about the number being darker when someone asked on here and was told they just put on new numbers and they are darker. But I think this year we get a new one.

SDbison
01-10-2019, 07:26 PM
The FargoDome is obviously structurally un-sound. We should immediately build a new stadium. I will agree to this......

BattleBorn
01-10-2019, 08:56 PM
Who the hell engineered that trophy case?

Same poor bastard who did Minard Hall.

EC8CH
01-10-2019, 09:14 PM
2014 Trophy is red headed step child. Weird fonts.

Vet70
01-10-2019, 09:28 PM
Same poor bastard who did Minard Hall.

Ha! You guys almost got lucky----my old office was crushed to bits. :rofl: