PDA

View Full Version : Title Game Staying in Frisco Through 2025

Da_Bizon
01-04-2019, 03:27 PM
https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/media-center/news/fcs-championship-will-stay-frisco-through-2025-option-2026

I think this is awesome... this a great place for the game. Also an option for 2026.

runtheoption
01-04-2019, 04:22 PM
I wonder if any other conferences / cities / stadiums put in a bid besides the Southland Conference / Frisco / Toyota Stadium trifecta.

If NDSU keeps making it back there, it's good for those of us that like routine, familiarity and a city that seems damn happy that NDSU has made it. Not so good for us that like to take in other parts of the country and would use the FCS championship game as a reason for a 3-6 day excursion to a different place.

HuskerBizon
01-04-2019, 04:25 PM
Truly wish they would move locations. Frisco was fun the first few trips, however the luster of the area has worn off. Time to switch it up a bit imo

56BISON73
01-04-2019, 05:05 PM
Great!!!!! I love frisco!!!!!0

Da_Bizon
01-04-2019, 05:10 PM
I wonder if any other conferences / cities / stadiums put in a bid besides the Southland Conference / Frisco / Toyota Stadium trifecta.

If NDSU keeps making it back there, it's good for those of us that like routine, familiarity and a city that seems damn happy that NDSU has made it. Not so good for us that like to take in other parts of the country and would use the FCS championship game as a reason for a 3-6 day excursion to a different place.

It doesn't sound like anyone else bid on it.

oldmantutters
01-04-2019, 05:29 PM
I'd like somewhere else. A rotation would be nice, yr 1-Frisco, yr 2-Orlando, yr 3-Las Vegas, yr 4-Frisco, etc.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

roadwarrior
01-04-2019, 05:37 PM
Frisco probably allows the largest number of Bison fans to travel. Major airport nearby. Close enough that people will drive. Putting it on either coast would cut the Bison crowd in half.

pucknut9
01-04-2019, 06:21 PM
Truly wish they would move locations. Frisco was fun the first few trips, however the luster of the area has worn off. Time to switch it up a bit imo

It’s run it’s course in Frisco in my opinion. Obviously I’m a hockey guy and I like how the Frozen Four is in a different location every year. But Frisco it will be for at least another 6 years.

CyPanth
01-05-2019, 03:23 PM
How long until they give you guys the naming rights for this game? Your fans have put far more money into the game than any sponsor!

GSUsTALON
01-05-2019, 07:55 PM
They should move it to Fargo.

It would make it a lot easier. ;-)

tony
01-05-2019, 08:43 PM
They should move it to Fargo.

It would make it a lot easier. ;-)

Minneapolis would be better. It's like East Fargo.

GSUsTALON
01-05-2019, 08:50 PM

TONY it was in jest.

NDSU is now and has been the hub of FCS football for the last 8 years & I don't see that being any different in the next 6 years.

I doubt that the FCS will let the NC game be played in Fargo. They wouldn't want to give you anymore advantage.

ndsubison1
01-05-2019, 09:34 PM
It's time for something different. Too bad with the new contract. Turf is awful and played a part of some big plays defense gave up. Id love to see the Bison play in Nashville

MontBison
01-05-2019, 09:36 PM
It's time for something different. Too bad with the new contract. Turf is awful and played a part of some big plays defense gave up. Id love to see the Bison play in Nashville

This. Fuck that field

Hammerhead
01-05-2019, 09:37 PM
At least 3 MLS teams play on turf so it’s not like grass is required.

oldmantutters
01-05-2019, 09:39 PM
At least 3 MLS teams play on turf so it’s not like grass is required.But soccer on turf is awful and they are the main tenant

GSUsTALON
01-05-2019, 09:51 PM
This. Fuck that field

When GSU played for the FCS NC in 99 & 2000 it was at the Chattanooga field. It was the worst turf I've ever seen. Very hard to make cuts on the outside keep/pitch & grass flying everywhere. The Stadium itself was great.

GreenfieldBison
01-06-2019, 06:23 PM

I am strongly opposed to this! I really like my excuse to go warm up in Texas and especially to get that gooooooood BBQ.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
01-06-2019, 11:03 PM
When they announced the renovation with the new locker rooms and football specific stuff under the club and hall of fame you had to have a strongly suspect this game wasn't going anywhere for a while.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
01-07-2019, 07:07 AM
Yeah, that field is simply awful. The HS field the band practiced on, wherever that was, made the Toyota field look like a pasture.

EC8CH
01-07-2019, 12:46 PM
Toyota Stadium is really good except for the turf. Really wish they could figure something out to make it a better surface for football. I wonder what the coaches really think about?

bisonp
01-07-2019, 12:47 PM
Capacity is down, turf is perennially awful, there is now a bad shadow line, and every time you see the stadium, NATIONAL SOCCER HALL OF FAME jumps out at you. Personally I'm disappointed nobody else bid on it, Toyota Stadium used to be OK but it has turned into an embarrassment for football. FCS deserves better.

EC8CH
01-07-2019, 01:00 PM
Capacity is down, turf is perennially awful, there is now a bad shadow line, and every time you see the stadium, NATIONAL SOCCER HALL OF FAME jumps out at you. Personally I'm disappointed nobody else bid on it, Toyota Stadium used to be OK but it has turned into an embarrassment for football. FCS deserves better.

Yeah, the shadow and soccer signage do kinda suck too.

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2019, 01:06 PM

The championship game box score says that the attendance was 17,802. Is that what the capacity has been decreased to?

MankatoBison
01-07-2019, 01:53 PM
Love that the game is staying in Frisco, but not thrilled about toyota stadium fwiw. I would love Orlando or Vegas or New Orleans, but Frisco would cut their limbs off for NDSU and that makes it feel VERY special, specifically for us and no one else haha.

Wish we could get to a better and marginally larger stadium. Turf sucks, Soccer signage is gross and the immense shadow on the field looks terrible on TV.

totoinfl
01-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Love that the game is staying in Frisco, but not thrilled about toyota stadium fwiw. I would love Orlando or Vegas or New Orleans, but Frisco would cut their limbs off for NDSU and that makes it feel VERY special, specifically for us and no one else haha.

Wish we could get to a better and marginally larger stadium. Turf sucks, Soccer signage is gross and the immense shadow on the field looks terrible on TV.

Would love to have the game here in Orlando. They already handle 4 bowl games, 3 college and the pro bowl. Citrus Bowl is pretty big, I would like to see it played at UCF, nice, newer stadium, a nice size for the event, holds right at 45,000.

It is just weird that only one locale bid on the game. That feels like not a lot of confidence the fans would travel for game in Orlando.

wagsabison
01-07-2019, 02:56 PM
Size wise the stadium is perfect. The soccer thing is an issue for people who dont go there to try to discredit us for going to a championship. Only an issue if you want it to be an issue. That area has grown so much and I don’t see it leaving anytime soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CyPanth
01-07-2019, 03:03 PM
When is the nearest time they use the field for anything else? Surely they don't play soccer on a field this bad. Any turf experts know if this is just a dormant period for the grass? Or are they just not maintaining it through December and January?

Stary2k11
01-07-2019, 03:13 PM
When is the nearest time they use the field for anything else? Surely they don't play soccer on a field this bad. Any turf experts know if this is just a dormant period for the grass? Or are they just not maintaining it through December and January?

The stadium schedule lists the Frisco ISD soccer tournament a couple days before the championship game, but that might have been in the surrounding fields outside the stadium. If that's the case, the last event was the Frisco Bowl on Dec. 19th. It looks like FC Dallas hasn't had a game in the stadium since the end of October.

StL Bison Fan
01-07-2019, 03:32 PM
Grass is bred for specific sports. Soccer grass is designed to hold the ball up, as you can imagine, for kicking.
They have a new heat blankets for the field. After soccer season they need to switch to football turf. The bed is sand so don’t know if it would work

Bison bison
01-07-2019, 03:42 PM
Grass seed is bred to be used for bread that can be eaten at sporting events!

StL Bison Fan
01-07-2019, 06:17 PM
Grass seed is bred to be used for bread that can be eaten at sporting events!

THis is also a correct answer

Burrows
01-07-2019, 07:45 PM

Looked bad on tv. Thought they fixed situation.

FrozenTech
01-07-2019, 07:55 PM
It was certainly better then the year that clods were flying everywhere, but it was an odd feeling when I got down on the field post game. I wouldn't think it would have been a great surface for football, but its been far worse.

CyPanth
01-07-2019, 09:28 PM
The stadium schedule lists the Frisco ISD soccer tournament a couple days before the championship game, but that might have been in the surrounding fields outside the stadium. If that's the case, the last event was the Frisco Bowl on Dec. 19th. It looks like FC Dallas hasn't had a game in the stadium since the end of October.

Seems like they would have done something by now about grass that is intended to be dormant during the winter.

bisonaudit
01-07-2019, 09:36 PM
Would love to have the game here in Orlando. They already handle 4 bowl games, 3 college and the pro bowl. Citrus Bowl is pretty big, I would like to see it played at UCF, nice, newer stadium, a nice size for the event, holds right at 45,000.

It is just weird that only one locale bid on the game. That feels like not a lot of confidence the fans would travel for game in Orlando.

nobody travels except for us.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-08-2019, 12:10 PM
Frisco probably allows the largest number of Bison fans to travel. Major airport nearby. Close enough that people will drive. Putting it on either coast would cut the Bison crowd in half.

California, Florida or even Arizona are major tourist locations with multiple major hub airports. A lot more flights are going into there than Dallas. There would be significantly more options to get to these locations. That and cheaper. Think of the millions of people going to each Disney World and Disneyland as one small example.

PattyBison
01-08-2019, 12:20 PM
California, Florida or even Arizona are major tourist locations with multiple major hub airports. A lot more flights are going into there than Dallas. There would be significantly more options to get to these locations. That and cheaper. Think of the millions of people going to each Disney World and Disneyland as one small example.

There are not more options, there are less. The same number of planes will leave Fargo with higher demand because driving will not be an option for most people. 27 hours of driving (through mountains) would reduce the number of people driving greatly.

NDSU92
01-08-2019, 12:29 PM

Dallas is the #4 busiest airport in the US per passengers. So no, there are not a lot more planes going those places than Dallas

MrSnuffleupagus
01-08-2019, 12:37 PM
Dallas is the #4 busiest airport in the US per passengers. So no, there are not a lot more planes going those places than Dallas

LAX handles about 15 million more passengers a year than DFW. Look at domestic flights.

Do you think those puddlejumpers are going into LAX?

Bison 4 Life
01-08-2019, 12:38 PM
Everybody is talking about air travel but all those rigs didn't come on the plane. You'd see a pretty different tailgate.

PattyBison
01-08-2019, 12:45 PM
LAX handles about 15 million more passengers a year than DFW. Look at domestic flights.

Do you think those puddlejumpers are going into LAX?

The issue is not the destination airport, the issue is the capacity at airports in this area. I thought you figured that out on thursday.

StL Bison Fan
01-08-2019, 01:10 PM
Everybody is talking about air travel but all those rigs didn't come on the plane. You'd see a pretty different tailgate.

I might have been slightly crazy bringing the trailer to Texas. It would be insane to take it further to those other places
I will stick with crazy.

Bison 4 Life
01-08-2019, 01:22 PM
I might have been slightly crazy bringing the trailer to Texas. It would be insane to take it further to those other places
I will stick with crazy.

Everybody would have to do those rentals I saw just to the north of you.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-08-2019, 01:43 PM
Everybody would have to do those rentals I saw just to the north of you.

Which were freaking sweet.

The owner of that exact rig came over and had a beer with me. Said it was an easy investment and he paid for it within the first year.

CyPanth
01-08-2019, 02:16 PM

The owner of that exact rig came over and had a beer with me. Said it was an easy investment and he paid for it within the first year.

Pics? Please.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-08-2019, 02:20 PM
Pics? Please.

I am fairly certain this is the company. However, if its not...its nearly identical to that. Private bathroom etc.

http://texasstartailgating.com/#!/trailer_more

Bison Bridge Guy
01-08-2019, 02:40 PM
Saw this on twitter last night (Jeff Culhane) - FCS Playoffs moving back a week next year:

FCS Playoffs 2019:
1st Round-Nov 30
2nd Round-Dec 7
Quarterfinals-Dec 13 and 14
Semifinals- Dec 20 and 21
Title Game-January 11, 2020

Was wondering why then checked our schedule for next year - 12 game regular season with last game on 11/23.

Bison_Pyro
01-08-2019, 04:36 PM

That was our group. Honeybooboo handled all the logistics of renting it. The bathroom alone was worth it.

MrSnuffleupagus
01-08-2019, 04:48 PM
That was our group. Honeybooboo handled all the logistics of renting it. The bathroom alone was worth it.

The guy that you guys rented that from was pretty chill. I liked the overall setup for it. Im assuming he had different packages for it. Like one for the trailer, sound, games, tables etc.

CyPanth
01-08-2019, 05:31 PM
The guy that you guys rented that from was pretty chill. I liked the overall setup for it. Im assuming he had different packages for it. Like one for the trailer, sound, games, tables etc.

Needs option for Bison green wrap!

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a reality next year!

Bison_Pyro
01-08-2019, 05:55 PM

Basically two options. A tent option which included some tables, smaller tv and speaker or the option we got which included everything you saw except the food. They even picked up all the alcohol/mixers we wanted for a small service charge. The price was higher than the website, because they have different rate for playoff games.

EC8CH
01-09-2019, 12:56 PM
I do appreciate the symbolism of Toyota Stadium throwing shade on Eastern:

https://i.imgflip.com/2qpwt9.jpg

Blair
01-12-2019, 03:01 AM
Multiple time I've driven to Frisco, 1,100 miles. Phoenix 1,700 miles, and Naples 2,100. Only Frisco is doable in a day, and relatively flat. AZ and FL have some elevation which make tailers more challenging. Not to mention at least 2 days each way. Florida is a realistic 3 day drive. No way we'd get 20K to the coast areas.

StL Bison Fan
01-12-2019, 03:05 AM
I received a thank you card from the Half Shell today and a discount added to the bottom.
The raw oysters I had there were the biggest I have ever had- and tasty too.
I sure hope I’m there on January 10th next year.

BisonDeVille
01-12-2019, 05:54 AM
I received a thank you card from the Half Shell today and a discount added to the bottom.

Hands down my favorite place to eat. Never disappoints.

56BISON73
01-13-2019, 03:06 AM

I will have to give it a try next year.

StL Bison Fan
01-13-2019, 03:31 AM
I will have to give it a try next year.

I go for the oysters but the gumbo and fish tacos are good.
Place is small and intimate. Not really loud so it’s good to hold a conversation

CAS4127
01-13-2019, 03:40 AM
Place is small and intimate. Not really loud so it’s good to hold a conversation

Off topic, but any good Fish Taco’s In Fargo? I’ve had the Vinyl ones and they are Meh IMO.

ByeSonBusiness
01-13-2019, 04:14 AM
Off topic, but any good Fish Taco’s In Fargo? I’ve had the Vinyl ones and they are Meh IMO.

Come on down to Redneck Riviera fam. I'll get you high quality lenten tacos.

56BISON73
01-13-2019, 04:53 AM

Its in Plano correct?

Kermit
01-13-2019, 05:42 AM

I like the fish tacos and shrimp tacos at Deep Blue Seafood.

ByeSonBusiness
01-13-2019, 05:57 AM

https://media1.tenor.com/images/60e5ca52c2d70586fd4107c760f3d0b6/tenor.gif?itemid=4606674

StL Bison Fan
01-13-2019, 10:42 AM
Its in Plano correct?
Yes. In the Legacy on Bishop Rd. Down the street is the Marriott where the bookstore is and near Scruffy Duffy’s.

I go there on Wednesday for oysters for a dollar.
I can’t even finish those fish tacos there is so much.

SDbison
01-13-2019, 02:46 PM
Back on topic.......I think a stadium in the Dallas area that would be perfect for two bigger FCS fanbases is Apogee Stadium in Denton, TX. Drive by it every time we go to Frisco. 30,850 capacity. Too bad the FCS doesn't deserve anything better than a soccer stadium for its national championship game. I like the Frisco area, but the stadium doesn't look or feel like a college football environment.
https://meangreensports.com/facilities/?id=4

oldmantutters
01-13-2019, 03:29 PM
Back on topic.......I think a stadium in the Dallas area that would be perfect for two bigger FCS fanbases is Apogee Stadium in Denton, TX. Drive by it every time we go to Frisco. 30,850 capacity. Too bad the FCS doesn't deserve anything better than a soccer stadium for its national championship game. I like the Frisco area, but the stadium doesn't look or feel like a college football environment.
https://meangreensports.com/facilities/?id=4

Serious question, do you think any stadium will feel like a "real college football environment" with the sterility of the NCAA being the true host? I've only been to Frisco once, the Sammy II game, and didn't think the venue took away from the feel. The toned down tailgating took away way more than the game bring in a soccer stadium.

BTW I'm in the camp that was disappointed that no one else bid on the game. If the game were in a different location I'd be a lot more tempted to go again, if NDSU were to make it.

56BISON73
01-13-2019, 08:05 PM
Serious question, do you think any stadium will feel like a "real college football environment" with the sterility of the NCAA being the true host? I've only been to Frisco once, the Sammy II game, and didn't think the venue took away from the feel. The toned down tailgating took away way more than the game bring in a soccer stadium.

BTW I'm in the camp that was disappointed that no one else bid on the game. If the game were in a different location I'd be a lot more tempted to go again, if NDSU were to make it.

Even during the playoff the NCAA has to dick with everything. Nobody gives a shit about the videos they show of other schools. Its ridiculous.

EC8CH
01-13-2019, 08:37 PM
Even during the playoff the NCAA has to dick with everything. Nobody gives a shit about the videos they show of other schools. Its ridiculous.

At least the stadium looked better than during the Frisco Bowl or whatever the hell it was called. That game looked like it was being played in a third world country will all the random branding.

Hammerhead
01-13-2019, 09:39 PM
Didn’t they try to mimic the team announcers at least one year such as shouting: “that’s another BISON first down” and things like that?

EC8CH
01-13-2019, 09:40 PM
Didn’t they try to mimic the team announcers at least one year such as shouting: “that’s another BISON first down” and things like that?

That stopped after Jax State bitching.

Christopher Moen
01-13-2019, 11:07 PM

The announcer use to mimic both teams' first down call. Don't know if they did it during the JMU-Youngstown game, but the past two years it has been lacking.

TAILG8R
01-13-2019, 11:24 PM
The announcer use to mimic both teams' first down call. Don't know if they did it during the JMU-Youngstown game, but the past two years it has been lacking.Was noticeably steril this year. Very disappointing.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Honeybooboo
01-13-2019, 11:34 PM
Basically two options. A tent option which included some tables, smaller tv and speaker or the option we got which included everything you saw except the food. They even picked up all the alcohol/mixers we wanted for a small service charge. The price was higher than the website, because they have different rate for playoff games.

We paid the Web rate, but that does not include the Parking spots or the Extra hours we had it after the game (till 4PM) all was well worth it IMO