PDA

View Full Version : Kicking Game

Clawman
01-01-2019, 11:41 PM
Hi Bison Fans;
I have not seen much chatter about your kicking game, both punting and field goals. Maybe that is because you score when you get the ball. On the rare occasion when that does not happen how is your punter? FG kicker? I'm looking forward to Saturday, Eagles in the morning and Seahawks in the evening! Two birds, one trip:)

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2019, 11:54 PM
Hi Bison Fans;
I have not seen much chatter about your kicking game, both punting and field goals. Maybe that is because you score when you get the ball. On the rare occasion when that does not happen how is your punter? FG kicker? I'm looking forward to Saturday, Eagles in the morning and Seahawks in the evening! Two birds, one trip:)

Senior kicker who is often put into bad situations (unnecessary long FGs) but can be clutch.

Best punter in FCS.

HerdBot
01-02-2019, 12:25 AM
Punter has been incredible. Kicker doesnt attempt many but he is clutch. Kicked the game winner vs Iowa in 2016. Although he is put in a lot of super long attempts do his % is better than on paper

DakotaOkie
01-02-2019, 12:27 AM
Hi Bison Fans;
So you are planning to kill two birds with one stone...
Sorry, could not help myself with that setup!

Like B4L indicated, the Bison punter is excellent. The FG kicker has had limited need to be on the field this year (8 of 13 attempts). He has not missed a PAT all year (75 points on PATs)

EC8CH
01-02-2019, 12:29 AM
Hi Bison Fans;

Bison score TDs in the redzone 85%+ of the time. We kick stupid long FGs or score touchdowns.

Gully
01-02-2019, 12:31 AM
I hope they don't kick any field goals unless they're to the 20 yard line. If they cross the 40, they should just go for it. Also, I hope we don't return any kickoffs unless it's a line drive caught at the 5 yard line or out. It seems like we don't get many good returns and frequently get holding or block in the back. Just take it at the 25 and call it good.

56BISON73
01-02-2019, 12:34 AM
I hope they don't kick any field goals unless they're to the 20 yard line. If they cross the 40, they should just go for it. Also, I hope we don't return any kickoffs unless it's a line drive caught at the 5 yard line or out. It seems like we don't get many good returns and frequently get holding or block in the back. Just take it at the 25 and call it good.

By not taking it at the 25 we lose about 25-30 yards of field position a game.

Gully
01-02-2019, 12:36 AM
By not taking it at the 25 we lose about 25-30 yards of field position a game.

Yep, exactly.

Bisonator98
01-02-2019, 12:40 AM
Our punter has been great. Our kicker is solid but 50/50 on anything over 40. Cover teams have been good while return teams seem to be penalized a lot. Shep is a very good punt returner.

Vet70
01-02-2019, 12:41 AM
Kicker.
https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8028&path=football

Punter.
https://gobison.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8049&path=football

EC8CH
01-02-2019, 12:44 AM
Any updates on your DT kicker?

Clawman
01-02-2019, 12:55 AM
Any updates on your DT kicker?
As you know the team does not release any information so all that is out there are rumors. I would like to have him available but he was not an every play guy anyway and we have capable backups. As with an injury, next man up!

EC8CH
01-02-2019, 01:02 AM
As you know the team does not release any information so all that is out there are rumors. I would like to have him available but he was not an every play guy anyway and we have capable backups. As with an injury, next man up!

Think it wont be until gameday that anyone knows, or would he not travel with team?

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2019, 01:35 AM
This isn't a good look for EWU. It doesn't look like the facts are in doubt. If Greg Menard was in this kind of trouble, I as a fan would want him out. That's just me.

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2019, 01:54 AM
This isn't a good look for EWU. It doesn't look like the facts are in doubt. If Greg Menard was in this kind of trouble, I as a fan would want him out. That's just me.

Drugs or booze is one thing. This is violence.
Have we ever had anything like this at ndsu?

TAILG8R
01-02-2019, 02:00 AM
Have we ever had anything like this at ndsu?Travis Beck bar fight that turned out to be self defense I believe.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
01-02-2019, 02:04 AM
Travis Beck bar fight that turned out to be self defense I believe.

I’m gonna pass on that one. 2 against one isn’t a fair fight.
Except with Beck it was stupid on those guys part. I remember Bohl saying line backers are the guys who can clear out a bar. Yep.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2019, 02:04 AM
Travis Beck bar fight that turned out to be self defense I believe.

The facts of that were in doubt. No question what happened here. Everybody is trying to justify it because they are brothers.

TAILG8R
01-02-2019, 02:33 AM
The facts of that were in doubt. No question what happened here. Everybody is trying to justify it because they are brothers.I agree. What this dbag did was unforgivable imo. Kick a guy in the head whiles he's down and unconscious... Oh and he's your brother. Wtf?

I'd be embarrassed as a fan of a team that let someone like that play.

Matter of fact I am embarrassed as a football fan that any team would let him play.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2019, 02:48 AM
I agree. What this dbag did was unforgivable imo. Kick a guy in the head whiles he's down and unconscious... Oh and he's your brother. Wtf?

I'd be embarrassed as a fan of a team that let someone like that play.

Matter of fact I am embarrassed as a football fan that any team would let him play.

I'm sure they are going to paint us with some moral superiority bullshit but this is just why I think this program is special. No one player is above the team.

Christopher Moen
01-02-2019, 03:53 AM
So you are planning to kill two birds with one stone...
Sorry, could not help myself with that setup!

Like B4L indicated, the Bison punter is excellent. The FG kicker has had limited need to be on the field this year (8 of 13 attempts). He has not missed a PAT all year (75 points on PATs)

How about the last PAT agains SDSU with the muffed hold? Does that count against Pedersen?

EC8CH
01-02-2019, 05:04 AM
How about the last PAT agains SDSU with the muffed hold? Does that count against Pedersen?

He never swung his leg, so I'm gonna guess no

Christopher Moen
01-02-2019, 05:32 AM
He never swung his leg, so I'm gonna guess no

Sounds fair. I honestly didn't know.

EC8CH
01-02-2019, 05:39 AM

Neither do I for sure. Wouldn't seem fair for it to count against the kicker though.

Kinda like if the head you kick on the ground is your brothers, then it just doesn't count.

Holy crap! What if Klieman starts writing purple hand written letters? What do we do then?

Christopher Moen
01-02-2019, 06:44 AM
Neither do I for sure. Wouldn't seem fair for it to count against the kicker though.

Kinda like if the head you kick on the ground is your brothers, then it just doesn't count.

Holy crap! What if Klieman starts writing purple hand written letters? What do we do then?

Have a good sense of humor?

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2019, 12:54 PM

botched snaps instantly stop being kick attempts and turn into failed 2 pt conversions.

I looked it up right after because I wondered myself.

El_Chapo
01-02-2019, 03:32 PM
Have we ever had anything like this at ndsu?

An OL guy Scott something Punched his Mom!! (kicked off team) in late 90's