PDA

View Full Version : Weber St game

somebison
09-14-2005, 02:27 PM
Weber brings new attitude to dome (http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=102950&section=Sports)

On the surface, it doesn’t add up. Weber State finished 1-10 last year, yet the Wildcats set a home attendance record two weeks ago against a Division II team.

One man – new head coach Ron McBride — has made that much of a difference to the Ogden, Utah, school. Then again, he’s not really new to the people of Utah.

“He is kind of a legend,” said quarterback Ian Pizarro. “Once he got here things changed drastically.

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
The legendary McBride is indeed packing them in at Weber. I saw a segment on Weber State on the NBC station the other night (our local channels are out of Salt Lake City) and the Bison need to be ready for this Weber team. This will not be the same team they faced last year. We must avoid a letdown after the big win in Louisiana.

JBB
09-14-2005, 03:03 PM
They completly demolished a DII team in front of 17,000+. We only got 13,500 for our DII game. Then did very well against a DI-A team losing by two TDs. I havent looked at rosters or anything yet but I do remember a 2-8 BISON team that came back the next yr to defeat Montana and miss the DII playoffs by a hair. Thats how this Weber team looks to me.

BisonCountry
09-14-2005, 03:43 PM
Then did very well against a DI-A team losing by two TDs.

Fresno St 55 Weber St 17

When did TD's start counting as 18 points? Or did the PAT start counting as 12 points? ;)

Otherwise I agree with you that this team cannot be overlooked.

JBB
09-14-2005, 04:29 PM
Your, right! ::) But the correction in my mistatement doesnt change how I feel. Im a little uneasy.

bisonplayer_43
09-14-2005, 05:07 PM
Its the lack of sexual activity that Mormans are having trouble with. All those Utes are just taking out their pent up energy by going to football games! IMO

WYOBISONMAN
09-14-2005, 05:27 PM
Its the lack of sexual activity that Mormans are having trouble with. *All those Utes are just taking out their pent up energy by going to football games! *IMO

Living just 89 miles from the Utah border I have had occasion to observe this.....and I would say the above statement may well have a lot of truth connected to it........

swany_spectrum
09-14-2005, 06:36 PM
I was at the game last year in Ogden. Weber played a lot better than there 1-10 record indicated. At this level though, you cannot afford to overlook any opponent. From what I hear the team is looking sharp in practice this week and not riding too high after the Northwestern game.

I think this is a byproduct of a coaching staff with BSC coaching experience where if you don't bring it every week you will get beat. I think the Bison win 35-7 or 35-14.

How 'bout the Bison special teams? For the most part fairly solid so far!

JBB
09-14-2005, 08:58 PM
They are averaging 400+ yds per game with passing having a slight edge. Their defense is holding opponents to about half of that. Considering the win over Western State was 61-0 and the loss was 55-17 that looks very balanced. Western obviously had a very bad day at the hands of the Wildcats.

Adrian Conway is their big back, avg 6.8 yds/carry and 113yds/game. Zack Hall seems like a power back for them. He has 3 TDs and not that many yds. He might be the go to guy in short ydg situations.

Ian Pizarro is the QB. He has 7 td passes and is avg 241 yds/game! Good matchup with Walker.

They have several dangerous receivers, but none are over 100 yds/game. Lynzell Johnson is the statistics leader.

MRBISON
09-14-2005, 10:00 PM
I agree....NDSU shouldn't look past these guys (or any team for that matter).....I don't know how their D-Line stacks up?..... but if the Herd can get their running game going to keep those recievers off the field, NDSU should come out ahead.....

roadwarrior
09-15-2005, 01:20 AM
Weber State had more first downs last week than Fresno. And almost as many total yards.

Gamehunter
09-15-2005, 05:33 AM
That is because Fresno made a couple quick plays for a TD and when it was Weber's shot at it, they stuggled gaining a few yards here and there. The same thing happened with the Bison and Northwestern State. It was obvious the Bison were dominating, but look at the yardage and time posession and it doesn't seem so. I know Weber is alot better than last year, and I don't even think they were bad, but I still don't like their chances in this game any more than their chances in last year's game. They are simply outmatched in every aspect as long as the Bison bring their top game.

somebison
09-15-2005, 01:04 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/collegesports/ci_3030726

OGDEN - Weber State allowed two long touchdowns on punt returns against Fresno State last weekend, in a 55-17 loss to the No. 23 Bulldogs at Spartan Stadium.
Clifton Smith rushed for scores of 91 yards and 84 yards.
And that didn't sit well with first-year coach Ron McBride, who, in the week leading into the Fresno game, said his team would "see what it was made of" against the Division I-A school.
"We're too soft," McBride said. "It's pretty easy to see that."

Also of note, we apparently have fieldturf in the dome according to the article

Big_BisonFan
09-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Just heard on KFAN that Cinque Chapman was suspended for the Weber St. game by Coach Bohl. It just said it had to do with a violation of team rules.

It sucks, but he hasn't seen much playing time this season and we are deap at RB.

Bisonguy
09-15-2005, 09:39 PM
Also of note, we apparently have fieldturf in the dome according to the article

Old 1234 is smiling somewhere. ;D

go_bison
09-15-2005, 10:11 PM
Predictions....

Bison 24 Weber St 10 The stats will show a lot closer game then two TDs. (just like last game). Two of the Bison TDs to Heckendorf. (he's going to be a stud)

JBB
09-15-2005, 11:36 PM
I just got back from practice. The BISON looked good, they were working on passing plays. All of sudden from way across the practice fields Coach Bohl started walking and he walked all the way around the practice field, waved at us as he walked by, and then walked over to the gate and right over to the car to introduce himself and find out who we were. I played all my aces, long time season ticket holder, graduate etc. Nice gesture on his part. Therer were a lot of things I could have said but I was very surprised to have him come over so I basically said good luck against Weber State.

Bisonguy
09-15-2005, 11:57 PM
JBB-

LOLOLOL! Your wife lets you go to a practice, but not the game? *;)

I should have ribs waiting for you anytime after about 2:00 on saturday. Better get them early, as they were a hot commodity last year.

Better call in to Bison Feedback tonight on WDAY-AM and thank Bohl for being so nice. The show starts tonight at 6:45, and the phone number is 293-9000 (1-800-279-WDAY for those outside of the local FM area).

Bisonguy
09-16-2005, 01:22 AM
JBB-

LOLOLOL! Your wife lets you go to a practice, but not the game? *;)

I should have ribs waiting for you anytime after about 2:00 on saturday. Better get them early, as they were a hot commodity last year.

Better call in to Bison Feedback tonight on WDAY-AM and thank Bohl for being so nice. The show starts tonight at 6:45, and the phone number is 293-9000 (1-800-279-WDAY for those outside of the local FM area).

JBB,

8) 8) 8) 8)

Do I owe you a beer now, also?

Tatanka
09-16-2005, 01:59 AM
Old 1234 is smiling somewhere. *;D
Shhh. He might hear you!

JBB
09-16-2005, 02:46 AM
Hey BisonGuy,

I did call the Coach. I asked him what the biggest challenge Weber was bringing to the BISON and he said their size. Thanks for the invite BG. If I can get there I will. I tell you about this wild week.

And hey, to all the rest of you yes, you do owe me beers! :D

Ps. Next week everybody that posts here should call in to the Coach. He wants us to call and we are, of course, the experts. I got right in! ::)

WYOBISONMAN
09-16-2005, 02:42 PM
And hey, to all the rest of you yes, you do owe me beers! * :D

Then you better get out to Bozeman and collect....... ;)

sambini
09-17-2005, 02:31 AM
Coach Bohl is a class act and will be glad to talk to anyone about Bison football.

JBB
09-17-2005, 06:07 AM
Well, he walked almost a mile to talk to me and my mother. *Too bad I cant be there this weekend. *If BG doesnt mind you can have my ribs Wyo. *This will only be the third game Ive missed at the FFD! * ;)

Ive never seen a game in Bozeman though. 8)

somebison
09-17-2005, 02:02 PM
http://www.sltrib.com/collegesports/ci_3037438

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=103256&section=Sports

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/index.cfm?id=103260&section=Sports

kchats
09-17-2005, 06:07 PM
The Salt Lake paper must have seen a different game than I did. I don't recall NDSU giving a touchdown up on a kick return. Weren't they both passes?

kchats
09-17-2005, 06:19 PM
My pick for the game NDSU 42 Weber State 7. Another dominating performance by the Bison defense. They sack the QB and basically beat the heck out of him.

Hammerhead
09-18-2005, 05:55 AM
Dang, that's one accurate prediction. The final score was pretty close, including a QB fumble returned 3 yards for a TB.

My pick for the game NDSU 42 Weber State 7. *Another dominating performance by the Bison defense. *They sack the QB and basically beat the heck out of him.

sambini
09-18-2005, 06:07 AM
DOMINATE SAYS IT ALL.

kchats
09-18-2005, 06:09 AM
Pretty much summed it up didn't I. That is one tough defense. We are very lucky to have Coach Bohl as our coach. I hope we can keep him around until we win a couple of national championships. Does anybody doubt him anymore? Is he showing that he was scapegoated at Nebraska or what? He has his guys prepared and they do all the little things right. Great hire Gene Taylor. ;D

DIBISON
09-18-2005, 06:49 AM
It all starts with Coach Bohl and the D Line. Every week our game plan is solid and the studs up front set the tone. Justin Frick # 82 from South Dakota is getting better game by game and is beginning to dominate!!

newNDSUemployee
09-18-2005, 03:46 PM
The offense blows hot and cold but the defense is scary. Hard to believe that Mays is a sophomore. That dude's a machine.

bisongold
09-18-2005, 03:55 PM
I've never seen a linebacker cover as much ground as Mr. A-Mays-ing! One play he chases the QB out the sideline, then he knocks down a deep pass down the middle. He played alot of reps and was getting stronger as the game went on. Also he played on special teams. Worth the price of admission to watch him alone!! Trouble is, there are so many others that are great to watch also!!

NDSU4U2NV
09-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the number of scholorships Weber st. has. I would assume 50+, but I don't know?

BisonCountry
09-18-2005, 04:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone knows the number of scholorships Weber st. has. *I would assume 50+, but I don't know?

I think all Big Sky teams are required to have at least 60 scholarships.

Trainer
09-18-2005, 04:33 PM
Just a quick note:
Bisonguy's photo's for the Weber State game are now posted in Fan Talk (http://wat.midco.net/traci20011/insider/HTML/fantalk.html)

Bob_Holiday
09-18-2005, 04:46 PM
The Great West just keeps getting scarier all the time. Don't you love it? Poly thumps MSU and Davis beats Stanford!!
Go Bison,
Bob Holiday

Flintstone
09-18-2005, 04:49 PM
Bison D looks tough.

Webers chearleaders were HOT!! (The chicks)

SDbison
09-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Just a quick note:
Bisonguy's photo's for the Weber State game are now posted in Fan Talk (http://wat.midco.net/traci20011/insider/HTML/fantalk.html)
Great pictures Bisonguy! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to re-live the game. The action shots are fantastic! More cheerleader photos too!

JBB
09-18-2005, 05:30 PM
What a great addition to Bison Insider and Fan Talk. *A picture saves a thousand words! *BG has the photographers eye for sure.

I wandered the State of Utah for 5 or 6 yrs and one thing I can tell you, there are lots of beautiful women. *Those Cheerleaders are a small sample.

If your going hunting there remember everybody is a Morman but its the Jack Mormans your looking for.

WYOBISONMAN
09-18-2005, 05:57 PM
Bison D looks tough.

Webers chearleaders were HOT!! (The chicks)

Utah is full of hot women, but all us scandanavian Lutherans have to watch out......they are all Morman.... ;)

Tatanka
09-18-2005, 11:33 PM
Thanks for the pictures.

Couldn't tell from my vantage point, but the pictures don't lie. WSU girls were teh hot! :o