PDA

View Full Version : FCS Championship Game Preview

bri-dog
12-29-2018, 04:00 PM
Maybe this has already been posted (sorry if it has), but I just noticed that THE FCS ACTUALLY HAS A PREGAME SHOW! Don't remember seeing that in past years, but I could be wrong...

ESPN News at 10:30 Central next Saturday, right before the game.

Bison 4 Life
12-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Maybe this has already been posted (sorry if it has), but I just noticed that THE FCS ACTUALLY HAS A PREGAME SHOW! Don't remember seeing that in past years, but I could be wrong...

almost sure to be at least 50% talking about the CFBP.

bri-dog
12-29-2018, 04:33 PM
almost sure to be at least 50% talking about the CFBP.

You're probably right, even though the description says "A look at the two teams to compete for the FCS title"...

NovaBison
12-29-2018, 04:36 PM

Watched it last year... the host was that well known FCS "expert" Jay Walker -- it totally focused was on the FCS playoffs. Was it "must watch TV?" NO... but it was ok

bri-dog
12-29-2018, 04:46 PM
Watched it last year... the host was that well known FCS "expert" Jay Walker -- it totally focused was on the FCS playoffs. Was it "must watch TV?" NO... but it was ok

Cool -- I don't remember that. I hope that idiot picks EWU to win it.

Vet70
12-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Cool -- I don't remember that. I hope that idiot picks EWU to win it.

Book it....

Da_Bizon
12-29-2018, 06:56 PM
I probably shouldn't complain that they are actually making an effort, but why not put it on the same channel as the game? And, please, no Jay Walker... he might talk about the FCS, but he somehow always turns it into a conversation about HBCU schools.

GreenfieldBison
12-29-2018, 07:37 PM
Book it....

If I remember corrrectly he already picked the field over NDSU during the Selection Sunday show. Will be interesting to see if he wants to hedge now.

B. b. bison
12-31-2018, 07:59 AM
If I remember corrrectly he already picked the field over NDSU during the Selection Sunday show. Will be interesting to see if he wants to hedge now.

He's a coward if he does.

Professor Chaos
12-31-2018, 12:55 PM
I thought it was on the deuce this year (same network as the game itself)? Last year it was on ESPNEWS if I recall correctly.

scottietohottie
12-31-2018, 01:36 PM
I see the Bison app just updated. Must be getting ready to track the herds annual migration.

Christopher Moen
12-31-2018, 06:58 PM
I see the Bison app just updated. Must be getting ready to track the herds annual migration.

Migration? More like the world’s largest Scandinavian invasion since the age of the vikings.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Da_Bizon
12-31-2018, 07:42 PM
I thought it was on the deuce this year (same network as the game itself)? Last year it was on ESPNEWS if I recall correctly.

According to the program guide, it's on ESPNEWS... they are leading into our game with "NFL Championship Chase" on the deuce.

CoachFSCB
12-31-2018, 11:42 PM

It looks as if we don't have to worry about some worthless college basketball game running long again and pre-empting the start of the championship game on ESPN2...they are airing a one-hour NFL Wild Card Weekend preview show running from 10:00 am until 11:00 am. The FCS Championship Preview show is on ESPNU from 10:30 to 11:00 am. That will no doubt be packed with about five minutes of FCS Championship talk and around 25 minutes of the Alabama-Clemson game, but at least they have something.

KSBisonFan
01-01-2019, 01:22 PM
He's a coward if he does.

Well, coward rhymes with Howard, where he played college football, and since you brought up the NFL, did you know he played in the league? Also, he played in the league.

Buffalo.Rider
01-01-2019, 11:39 PM
It looks ... The FCS Championship Preview show is on ESPNU from 10:30 to 11:00 am. That will no doubt be packed with about five minutes of FCS Championship talk and around 25 minutes of the Alabama-Clemson game, but at least they have something.

Aargh ... this. I would be surprised if during the half-time show of the FCS Championship, ESPN's announcers say anything about FCS football other than passing comments. Even in the playoff games, ESPN programmed talk about FBS football. Not right in my opinion. There is plenty of FCS football, and some of the great players to come out of FCS, to talk about. ESPN is largely an insult to FCS football. The NCAA could fix this.

scbison91
01-02-2019, 12:13 AM
Aargh ... this. I would be surprised if during the half-time show of the FCS Championship, ESPN's announcers say anything about FCS football other than passing comments. Even in the playoff games, ESPN programmed talk about FBS football. Not right in my opinion. There is plenty of FCS football, and some of the great players to come out of FCS, to talk about. ESPN is largely an insult to FCS football. The NCAA could fix this. yea but ESPN pays a lot a money to the power 5 conferences so broadcast their games so figured they would talk about them a lot