PDA

View Full Version : Looks like Grant is coming home!

KyleK
12-23-2018, 04:16 PM
https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1076887823691796480
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181223/8a30a4a045b12b8b04b6a4a3e79458b5.jpg

gumby013
12-23-2018, 04:21 PM
https://i.imgur.com/Y5Cdpht.gif

Vet70
12-23-2018, 04:22 PM
"Done Deal" but this hangs out there: "There was/is also interest in Coach Olson at Kansas State."

MinotBison
12-23-2018, 04:24 PM
:D :cheers:

Mr Meaty
12-23-2018, 04:30 PM
Merry Grantmas!!!

MAKBison
12-23-2018, 04:38 PM
Love it when a plan comes together.

Bison20
12-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Good news, I'm sure entz was reading bisonville and finally saw everyone calling for grant

HoopsBison
12-23-2018, 06:59 PM
Awesome, certainly hope Grant comes home!

HerdBot
12-23-2018, 08:28 PM
That would be awesome

CAS4127
12-23-2018, 08:35 PM
We know the kid was a great player, but do we even know whether he is a good coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSUstudent
12-23-2018, 08:37 PM
We know the kid was a great player, but do we even know whether he is a good coach?

I think he can coach LB's, not like he is coming in to be DC.

Professor Chaos
12-23-2018, 08:50 PM

I believe Bohl said something along the lines of him been the smartest player he ever coached. The only question is whether he can communicate and teach that to players. I'd say the results in the first 4 years of being a full fledged coach at Wyoming and Indiana St have been pretty good for his position groups. He was a GA for a year with Entz in 2014 so Entz does have some familiarity with his coaching acumen.

KyleK
12-23-2018, 08:52 PM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkDo you have concerns about his coaching abilities?

If the tweet is accurate and he was being looked at by K. State too, that would mean both Coach Klimen and Entz must hold him in pretty high regard. That would sure make me feel pretty good about it.

Seems to have a pretty solid start to his coaching resume and I sure haven't read anything that would be concerning. From the outside looking in, looks like it would be a homerun.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

CAS4127
12-23-2018, 09:02 PM
Do you have concerns about his coaching abilities?

If the tweet is accurate and he was being looked at by K. State too, that would mean both Coach Klimen and Entz must hold him in pretty high regard. That would sure make me feel pretty good about it.

Seems to have a pretty solid start to his coaching resume and I sure haven't read anything that would be concerning. From the outside looking in, looks like it would be a homerun.

I don’t have concerns, I just know nothing about his coaching and communication skills. I was just asking/inquiring because being a good player doesn’t miraculously make a great for a great coach.

Christopher Moen
12-23-2018, 09:04 PM

I think Middle Linebackers are like Catchers in baseball in that they usually have to be smartest defender on the field and therefore responsible for play calling. I don’t know how many MLB become coaches like Singletary did, but I know a lot of catchers would go on to be managers.

With that said, I think Grant will be pretty good as a coach and recruiter.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

KyleK
12-23-2018, 09:09 PM
I don’t have concerns, I just know nothing about his coaching and communication skills. I was just asking/inquiring because being a good player doesn’t miraculously make a great for a great coach.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkAgree that being a great player doesn't just make you a good coach.

But if both CK & ME want him on their staff that sure says enough for me about his ability as a coach and how some really qualified people feel about him as a coach too.

I would love the hire if it happens.

TransAmBison
12-23-2018, 10:34 PM
I don’t have concerns, I just know nothingThat about says it all right there. :)

scottietohottie
12-23-2018, 10:56 PM
What a great person to have on the coaching staff. He wins at life. I'm excited about this one.

bri-dog
12-23-2018, 11:19 PM
I don’t have concerns, I just know nothing

That about says it all right there. :)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BMjE4Mzg3OTgxNl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTM0MDgxOA@@._ V1_UY1200_CR472,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

imabison
12-23-2018, 11:24 PM
Good news, I'm sure entz was reading bisonville and finally saw everyone calling for grant

Bah you know he was in touch with El Chapo from the beginning.

MAKBison
12-24-2018, 12:03 AM
Agree that being a great player doesn't just make you a good coach, plus it says something that Mollery who was with Grsnt at Wyo asked him to be a tree.

But if both CK & ME want him on their staff that sure says enough for me about his ability as a coach and how some really qualified people feel about him as a coach too.

I would love the hire if it happens.

Just look at how the trees were improving. Also it says something that Mollory who was also at WYO brought GO on.

DakotaOkie
12-24-2018, 12:39 AM
"Done Deal" but this hangs out there: "There was/is also interest in Coach Olson at Kansas State."

I agree. If GO is truly wanted (and I mean offered a job) at K-State, there is no way he lands back in Fargo this coming year. A Big 12 vs MVFC position...hmmm, what to do.

HerdBot
12-24-2018, 02:18 AM
I agree. If GO is truly wanted (and I mean offered a job) at K-State, there is no way he lands back in Fargo this coming year. A Big 12 vs MVFC position...hmmm, what to do.

His wife has a serious professional career too and shes made more money this year than the highest paid assistant coach on K State made.

On_the_road
12-24-2018, 12:13 PM

This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-24-2018, 12:20 PM
This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.

BS

Which 4 teams are gonna beat us next year? Give us prediction here happy guy.

EC8CH
12-24-2018, 12:25 PM
He left Wyo to take a job as a position coach, a step up from being a graduate assistant.

Professor Chaos
12-24-2018, 12:26 PM
The reason he is no longer with Bohl in Wyoming is because he was a defensive quality control coach there and he was offered a position coach (LBs) job under former Wyoming assistant Curt Mallory at Indiana St. Mallory is "part of Bohl's crew". It's not like he was ran out of town as a quality control coach for a defense that was pretty good in 2016 (the year they played in the MWC title game).

BS

Which 4 teams are gonna beat us next year? Give us prediction here happy guy.
Given his "Grant Olson must not be a very good coach since he's no longer in Wyoming" logic I'd say you could ask your magic 8 ball the same question and get results just as accurate.

bosco
12-24-2018, 12:42 PM

Vet70 encouraged me to get back into Bisonville this year after ignoring it for many years. Observation of this post....logical thinking. CAS, why must you bring logical thinking into the conversation? It doesn't go over very well.

Grant will be a great coach and an awesome recruiter for us. That's my opinion.

bosco
12-24-2018, 12:45 PM

So...how was he hired?

Mr Meaty
12-24-2018, 12:49 PM

Relax Francis.

BisonHorns
12-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Grant Olson is an +A hire, if he decides to come here. Mark it down.

Bison20
12-24-2018, 01:01 PM

We will be lucky if we even win a game in the next year��*♂️��*♂️. And the transition went as well as it could have considering we only lost 1 recruit. Some pretty ridiculous statements in your post

southcliffbison
12-24-2018, 01:33 PM
We will be lucky if we even win a game in the next year��*♂️��*♂️. And the transition went as well as it could have considering we only lost 1 recruit. Some pretty ridiculous statements in your post

What exactly is wrong with "the way decisions have been made"? What would you have decided differently ? Or are you just a troll ?

Vet70
12-24-2018, 01:47 PM
Vet70 encouraged me to get back into Bisonville this year after ignoring it for many years. Observation of this post....logical thinking. CAS, why must you bring logical thinking into the conversation? It doesn't go over very well.

Grant will be a great coach and an awesome recruiter for us. That's my opinion.

For the record, I don't have a clue who this clown is.

Vet70
12-24-2018, 01:51 PM
What exactly is wrong with "the way decisions have been made"? What would you have decided differently ? Or are you just a troll ?

I think you may have the wrong quote in your post.

scottietohottie
12-24-2018, 01:54 PM
Well if you go by mcfooleys article. It's not the coaches that make NDSU win anyways. That's why they don't have success anywhere else is how I interpret that article. NDSU shouldn't even have coaches. Heck then maybe the rest of the FCS would have a chance. It's me screaming in the North endzone that makes the Bison so good.

Merry Christmas you filthy animals.

southcliffbison
12-24-2018, 03:11 PM
I think you may have the wrong quote in your post.

I responded to On the Road's post. Review it. He questions how decisions were made regarding hirings, etc.

GOBISON123
12-24-2018, 03:20 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: dont get me wrong, he is a good player but definitely not a good coach. Will hurt us during recruiting.

Vet70
12-24-2018, 03:25 PM
I responded to On the Road's post. Review it. He questions how decisions were made regarding hirings, etc.

My mistake. What threw me off was the quote by Bison 20 in your post.

Vet70
12-24-2018, 03:31 PM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: dont get me wrong, he is a good player but definitely not a good coach. Will hurt us during recruiting.

It is going to be a slow day. Please continue.

Tony Almeida
12-24-2018, 03:33 PM
This is an excellent point. The only people that know what he is like as a coach are Bohl's crew and the coaches where he is now. He was a great player, but that doesn't necessarily translate into a good coach, communicator or recruiter. There is a reason that he is no longer with Bohl at Wyoming. That could be any number of things. When Entz was hired the way he was hired I came to the conclusion that we would be a three loss team next year. Now with four more coaches gone and the way that decisions are being made, I believe that we will be a four loss team next year and probably the year after. Bisonville will once again be up in arms. Let the flame throwing begin.Listening to Grant speak many times during his playing career at NDSU and all that has been said about him, I have no doubt he will make a fantastic communicator and that's half the battle right there.
And about Entz, I would have agreed with you 100% 5 years ago, I had my doubts about him when he got here, but I think he learned and absorbed a lot from Klieman over the years. If there is any question about next year's team, it will be on the offensive side considering there will be a new OC and QB at the helm.

CAS4127
12-24-2018, 03:43 PM
Wouldn’t the new DC want some say in who his LB coach is gonna be? Why hire an LB coach before the DC has been hired/named?

Jay
12-24-2018, 03:46 PM
Wouldn’t the new DC want some say in who his LB coach is gonna be? Why hire an LB coach before the DC has been hired/named?

Maybe the new DC is already on the staff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Tony Almeida
12-24-2018, 03:48 PM
Maybe the new DC is already on the staff ¯\_(ツ)_/¯How to post a meme with a head exploding?

HerdBot
12-24-2018, 03:51 PM

Odds are its Goeser, and Nick was here when Grant was playing

Vet70
12-24-2018, 03:52 PM
How to post a meme with a head exploding?

https://pa1.narvii.com/6975/ab816d7bedd08dd6a7bbbffadc843eed9fa24884r1-400-288_hq.gif

HerdBot
12-24-2018, 03:56 PM
How to post a meme with a head exploding?

Sorry

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/GrotesqueCompleteAfricangoldencat-small.gif

HerdBot
12-24-2018, 04:00 PM

Assuming you weren't being sarcastic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

ndsubison1
12-24-2018, 04:02 PM

4 losses very unlikely. Only if there's major injuries.

ndsubison1
12-24-2018, 04:04 PM
So...how was he hired?

Sounds like someone wanted someone else as coach

Tony Almeida
12-24-2018, 04:09 PM
https://pa1.narvii.com/6975/ab816d7bedd08dd6a7bbbffadc843eed9fa24884r1-400-288_hq.gifDamn...I would have settled for a mind blown hand gesture.

imabison
12-24-2018, 04:11 PM
4 losses very unlikely. Only if there's major injuries.

Um you are beginning to sound like a UND fan, Injuries happen, Next person up.
And about loses, I think that even if NDSU had 5 or 6 loses, they would still be honored with a playoff
spot, just because of past performance...

Vet70
12-24-2018, 04:13 PM
Damn...I would have settled for a mind blown hand gesture.

Hey, anything worth doing is worth doing right. :rofl:

HerdBot
12-24-2018, 04:45 PM
Damn...I would have settled for a mind blown hand gesture.

I did not mean, to blow your mind, but that shit happens all the time

Bison20
12-24-2018, 04:47 PM

I would be surprised if someone already on staff such as goeser isn't promoted to DC. Never know but hes been here for awhile and knows our scheme.

MAKBison
12-24-2018, 06:12 PM
The reason he is no longer with Bohl in Wyoming is because he was a defensive quality control coach there and he was offered a position coach (LBs) job under former Wyoming assistant Curt Mallory at Indiana St. Mallory is "part of Bohl's crew". It's not like he was ran out of town as a quality control coach for a defense that was pretty good in 2016 (the year they played in the MWC title game).

Given his "Grant Olson must not be a very good coach since he's no longer in Wyoming" logic I'd say you could ask your magic 8 ball the same question and get results just as accurate.

Kinda gotta agree with this.....nothing indicates He was ran out if WYO or was not retained. Seems like he is moving up the ladder to me.

ndsubison1
12-24-2018, 07:04 PM
Yes Mallory brought Grant with. Appears On the road doesnt know what he/she is talking about.

Vet70
12-24-2018, 07:08 PM
Yes Mallory brought Grant with. Appears On the road doesnt know what he/she is talking about.

There is a lot of that going around.

Bisonator98
12-24-2018, 07:15 PM

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/JadedHiddenIbis-small.gif

56BISON73
12-24-2018, 07:19 PM

Please explain how you came to this conclusion?

Bisonator98
12-24-2018, 07:20 PM

Same way he comes to every conclusionhttps://camo.derpicdn.net/9435c7f1bfb74434a0c770f68a0e0b1703204459?url=http% 3A%2F%2Fwww.adrants.com%2Fimages%2Fhead_up_ass.jpg

56BISON73
12-24-2018, 07:24 PM
Kinda gotta agree with this.....nothing indicates He was ran out if WYO or was not retained. Seems like he is moving up the ladder to me.

If he would of stayed at WY the idiots would say he stayed under the Bohl umbrella and didnt have the wide range of experience one needs to move up. That he needs a few more stops to gain that experience. So now he gets out from under Bohl to gain experience and hes being criticized for that too. JFC.

MAKBison
12-24-2018, 07:57 PM
If he would of stayed at WY the idiots would say he stayed under the Bohl umbrella and didnt have the wide range of experience one needs to move up. That he needs a few more stops to gain that experience. So now he gets out from under Bohl to gain experience and hes being criticized for that too. JFC.
Agreed Pat. I think its pretty telling in what is/was GO's first substantial position (trees LB coach) that He was getting B12 looks. Speaks volumes in my mind!

He also fits a recruiting need. Entz was the legman for the TC area. GO is from there and recruited there for the trees.

wagsabison
12-24-2018, 08:03 PM
GO gets it. He’ll do just fine.

MAKBison
12-24-2018, 08:05 PM
GO gets it. He’ll do just fine.

Yes he will a great fit in a Nick G. Defense....i mean ndsu defense :) ;):-)

GOBISON123
12-24-2018, 11:25 PM

...... .....

Vet70
12-24-2018, 11:35 PM
...... .....

Well, that was illuminating.

56BISON73
12-24-2018, 11:53 PM
Well, that was illuminating.

But it does clear up a lot of things when it comes to his posting. ..............=duh

GOBISON123
12-25-2018, 04:30 AM
But it does clear up a lot of things when it comes to his posting. ..............=duh

I don't like the fact that I am right. This is about the team, the athletes , the university and not me.

56BISON73
12-25-2018, 04:45 AM
I don't like the fact that I am right. This is about the team, the athletes , the university and not me.

Bring the facts forward.

mtoutfitter
12-25-2018, 05:40 AM
Bring the facts forward.

Waiting for those facts myself PL...

56BISON73
12-25-2018, 05:56 AM
Waiting for those facts myself PL...

His posts and facts rarely collide.

Christopher Moen
12-25-2018, 11:22 AM
His posts and facts rarely collide.

Easiest way to find the truth is to take the opposite of what he/she writes. Writing anything truthful won’t give it the attention it seeks.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Bison"FANatic"
12-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Dots equal Kansas State

Who writes in code on a message board??????

scottietohottie
12-25-2018, 12:50 PM

Have you ever been to Laramie Wyoming? I'm more concerned about someone who decides to stay there verses getting the hell out of there the first chance they get.

Vet70
12-25-2018, 02:49 PM
Dots equal Kansas State

Who writes in code on a message board??????

Who takes time to decipher code on a message board? ..... .........!

GOBISON123
12-25-2018, 06:05 PM
Have you ever been to Laramie Wyoming? I'm more concerned about someone who decides to stay there verses getting the hell out of there the first chance they get.

I understand that, I would have done that myself. I think some kids need more time to become mature adults.

scottietohottie
12-25-2018, 06:24 PM
I understand that, I would have done that myself. I think some kids need more time to become mature adults.

You'll get there someday I'm sure.

NDSU1980
12-25-2018, 07:21 PM

Easy. All un_ fans think we'll start to slip and he's certainly one of them.

HerdBot
12-25-2018, 08:54 PM

I trust the judgement of Craig Bohl, Chris Klieman, Mallory, and Matt Entz over your opinion. How did that Rob Grimsley player ever work out?

Tony Almeida
12-26-2018, 12:28 AM
I trust the judgement of Craig Bohl, Chris Klieman, Mallory, and Matt Entz over your opinion. How did that Rob Grimsley player ever work out?Meh, he's no Cyrus Lemon.

NDSU92
12-26-2018, 12:46 AM
I trust the judgement of Craig Bohl, Chris Klieman, Mallory, and Matt Entz over your opinion. How did that Rob Grimsley player ever work out?

Lol why are people still arguing w/ this guy

Vet70
12-26-2018, 01:10 AM
Lol why are people still arguing w/ this guy

https://i.imgur.com/rh1CP7G.png?1

wisco4
12-26-2018, 01:28 AM
Bring the facts forward.

I know a few players that were not to keen on him his first go around on staff here.

56BISON73
12-26-2018, 02:04 AM
I know a few players that were not to keen on him his first go around on staff here.

There were also players not keen on Bohl and numerous other coaches. Fact is with over a hundred players on the team and what 35-40 support staff? Not everyone is going to like everyone. If the issues are big they wont last long.

KyleK
01-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Posted 20 minutes ago.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/8ebde771e0449cb75d1f8292fc0aa100.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/a55b7154a35240bfefc358f3b8e474b5.jpg

Nel360
01-06-2019, 10:04 PM
In the stands yesterday, someone was saying Grant and Amy bought Coach K's house[emoji869]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
01-07-2019, 11:22 AM
Cant help but laugh at fargo media trying to sound big time. "Multiple sources can confirm..."

Burrows
01-07-2019, 02:34 PM
Cant help but laugh at fargo media trying to sound big time. "Multiple sources can confirm..."

Yeah, getting a bit tired of Fargo media.

Bison20
01-07-2019, 03:05 PM

Should have said multiple sources on bisonville����

IBleedYellow
01-07-2019, 03:36 PM
NDSU gets better media coverage than most G5 schools.

Probably should count our blessings there.

MankatoBison
01-07-2019, 03:44 PM

what are you talking about? We are getting SEC level coverage from local media. Literally could not dream of a better local situation for media.

Vet70
01-07-2019, 03:50 PM

If you really want to read complaints about the Fargo media visit SS.

garbageman
01-07-2019, 04:32 PM

No kidding what a bunch of whiny babies. Complaining that the forum didn’t report on Brock. I bet they didn’t know anything about it cause they are always trying to get a story. Our coaching staff and players are pretty tight lipped just like how they kept Wentzs return quite until the day before the championship

Honeybooboo
01-07-2019, 04:50 PM

well if grand forks wasnt such a shithole they would have a local media outlet to cover them and not depend on another city

Tony Almeida
01-07-2019, 08:22 PM
NDSU gets better media coverage than most G5 schools.

Probably should count our blessings there.This.

what are you talking about? We are getting SEC level coverage from local media. Literally could not dream of a better local situation for media.And this.

56BISON73
01-08-2019, 02:30 AM
No kidding what a bunch of whiny babies. Complaining that the forum didn’t report on Brock. I bet they didn’t know anything about it cause they are always trying to get a story. Our coaching staff and players are pretty tight lipped just like how they kept Wentzs return quite until the day before the championship

Well the bozos to the north dont realize that the media down here has learned that they arent going to throw a player under the bus until they get the facts. When they get the facts nothing is going to stop them from reporting it. They act as though its some type of cover up.

They have been eating so many shit sammies the last couple of years they are grasping for anything they can throw shade at.

2011BisonAlumni
01-08-2019, 02:42 AM

They give the Fargo media far too much credibility.

Substantially more likely the media knew nothing of it versus the chance of a conspiracy/coverup.

Highly unlikely they would have noticed Brock’s absence. The team got there Thursday and it was reported on Friday.

bri-dog
01-08-2019, 04:45 AM
I guess it's now official..

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/947843-Olson-to-return-to-NDSU-to-coach-Bison-linebackers#.XDQyJdNHSW4.twitter

wagsabison
01-08-2019, 09:42 AM
I guess it's now official..

https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/947843-Olson-to-return-to-NDSU-to-coach-Bison-linebackers#.XDQyJdNHSW4.twitter

Good deal. I think he has a bright future and will only get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aces1180
01-08-2019, 01:40 PM
They give the Fargo media far too much credibility.

Substantially more likely the media knew nothing of it versus the chance of a conspiracy/coverup.

Highly unlikely they would have noticed Brock’s absence. The team got there Thursday and it was reported on Friday.

The MOMENT FCC would have found out about it, McFeely would have tweeted it. Scooping is a big deal to his ego.

overquota
01-08-2019, 02:53 PM
The MOMENT FCC would have found out about it, McFeely would have tweeted it. Scooping is a big deal to his ego.

That is McFeely’s job

MrSnuffleupagus
01-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Good deal. I think he has a bright future and will only get better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agreed. Looking forward to seeing what is going to come next few seasons.