PDA

View Full Version : Frisco Tailgating Information

OtterTailLakeBison
12-21-2018, 08:54 PM
All - I contacted Hunter Youmans (hyoumans@fcdallas.net and phone 469.365.0196) from Toyota Stadium. He joined the Toyota Stadium team in May but has heard about Bison fans. Hunter indicated that Bison tailgating is focused in the Blue Lot on the East Side. Yes, he did admit that "it will be 80/20 or even 90/10 NDSU so anywhere is safe" :)

They are not allowing tailgating or parking on Friday because of liability and security cost, similar to last year. Hunter indicated the lots will open at 7 AM on Saturday, but I am confident his people will be there by 5 AM so likely we will be able to start moving in by 5:30 AM Saturday. Hunter indicated rigs need to be moved out by midnight on Saturday.

I asked if we could sell out a tailgating section, could we move in early? He said "yes", if we could do 12-6PM entry on Friday. Blue Lot has 550 spots and the North Side has some smaller lots. While I frankly would prefer to tailgate in Red Lot (west side), I am confident we could talk him into Friday and get West if we could commit to 500 plus spots. Spots are $20 each and thus $10K could buy him a lot of security and some margin/profit.

If you are interested in helping show Hunter the response from Bison nation, please email hyoumans@fcdallas.net and/or call 469.365.0196. I'll also be reaching out to the Alumni Association, in the event they could help liaison and bring Friday afternoon/evening tailgating alive. However I understand their focus is on Friday's night Plano Legacy Food Hall event and may not prioritize.

southcliffbison
12-21-2018, 09:19 PM
All - I contacted Hunter Youmans (hyoumans@fcdallas.net and phone 469.365.0196) from Toyota Stadium. He joined the Toyota Stadium team in May but has heard about Bison fans. Hunter indicated that Bison tailgating is focused in the Blue Lot on the East Side. Yes, he did admit that "it will be 80/20 or even 90/10 NDSU so anywhere is safe" :)

They are not allowing tailgating or parking on Friday because of liability and security cost, similar to last year. Hunter indicated the lots will open at 7 AM on Saturday, but I am confident his people will be there by 5 AM so likely we will be able to start moving in by 5:30 AM Saturday. Hunter indicated rigs need to be moved out by midnight on Saturday.

I asked if we could sell out a tailgating section, could we move in early? He said "yes", if we could do 12-6PM entry on Friday. Blue Lot has 550 spots and the North Side has some smaller lots. While I frankly would prefer to tailgate in Red Lot (west side), I am confident we could talk him into Friday and get West if we could commit to 500 plus spots. Spots are $20 each and thus $10K could buy him a lot of security and some margin/profit.

If you are interested in helping show Hunter the response from Bison nation, please email hyoumans@fcdallas.net and/or call 469.365.0196. I'll also be reaching out to the Alumni Association, in the event they could help liaison and bring Friday afternoon/evening tailgating alive. However I understand their focus is on Friday's night Plano Legacy event and may not prioritize.

What is the Plano Legacy? I stayed in Plano last January and was hoping to secure a room there again.

roadwarrior
12-21-2018, 09:42 PM
They have designated the east side lots for NDSU tailgating in years past also. There was only one time where the Bison fans actually used the east lots, and that was the 2nd year in Frisco. I believe that we were supposed to use the east side lots last year, but all of the early arrivals Saturday morning went to the west lots. I arrived shortly after 5am, and the lots were open around 5:30. There will be no Eastern Washington fans there tailgating before the sun rises. I can almost guarantee that.

I am heading to the west lot at 5am Saturday. I think everyone else will also.

VirginiaBison
12-21-2018, 10:20 PM
So if we send this guy $30, it counts? I have no opportunity to tailgate, but if paying for a spot helps, then I am interested in donating. Maybe someone else could use the extra space?

THEsocalledfan
12-22-2018, 01:48 AM
If he thinks we are going East, he is clearly new to his job. We own the West and will not give it up.

EC8CH
12-22-2018, 02:07 AM
This new guys got some learning to do if he thinks Bison arent tailgating in the west lot.

MAKBison
12-22-2018, 02:14 AM
So I was working on a plan, but Its gunna have to wait until next time now.

I was planning on going on a hog hunt Thursday into Friday (still doing that). I wanted to take the hog to the Tgate lot and smoke it (actually ill have 4 but that's a different issue). The Issue for the game hog is the time it takes to smoke the hog and access to the lot. I was able to get a smoker, wood lined up (I know a manufacturer) and the outfitter will let me use their facility to prep the pig. Again, it's about the set up limitations. I thought about just using the hotel lot as it sits adjacent to the Tgate lot, but then your stuck, it takes space etc.

Any ideas?

EC8CH
12-22-2018, 02:16 AM
So I was working on a plan, but Its gunna have to wait until next time now.

I was planning on going on a hog hunt Thursday into Friday (still doing that). I wanted to take the hog to the Tgate lot and smoke it (actually ill have 4 but that's a different issue). The Issue for the game hog is the time it takes to smoke the hog and access to the lot. I was able to get a smoker, wood lined up (I know a manufacturer) and the outfitter will let me use their facility to prep the pig. Again, it's about the set up limitations. I thought about just using the hotel lot as it sits adjacent to the Tgate lot, but then your stuck, it takes space etc.

Any ideas?

Flamethrower hog hunt?

MAKBison
12-22-2018, 02:20 AM
Flamethrower hog hunt?

I am more of a slow and low guy, but not opposed to hot and fast lol.

The Friday night opening idea above would be perfect.

NDSU
12-22-2018, 06:14 AM
There were no designated lots last year, they knew better. Noone from NDSU is tailgating on the east side either. May as well just delete this thread.

EC8CH
12-22-2018, 12:26 PM
Coincidence it took ONE year of NDSU not being in Frisco to screw up the night before setup? Thanks alot JMU & YSU fanbases for messing up a good thing.

Professor Chaos
12-22-2018, 12:57 PM
There were no designated lots last year, they knew better. Noone from NDSU is tailgating on the east side either. May as well just delete this thread.
Did you read the OP? It's more about seeing if we can convince the new tailgating czar to let rigs park there on Friday.

Swaghook
12-22-2018, 01:08 PM
Why not ask to pay $40 for early parking since it will be parking for 2 days it seems fair and it might more likely sway the committee if they see $$$.

VirginiaBison
12-22-2018, 05:08 PM
So if we send this guy $30, it counts? I have no opportunity to tailgate, but if paying for a spot helps, then I am interested in donating. Maybe someone else could use the extra space?

I guess this was a bad idea. Don't know what lot and don't see anyone interested in an extra space.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2018, 01:25 AM
Why not ask to pay $40 for early parking since it will be parking for 2 days it seems fair and it might more likely sway the committee if they see $$$.
No need. Call the mayor of frisco. He fixed us up last year.
We started at 5:15am

EC8CH
12-23-2018, 02:13 AM
No need. Call the mayor of frisco. He fixed us up last year.
We started at 5:15am

He made the announcement at our Pepfest! :rofl:

56BISON73
12-23-2018, 02:20 AM
Coincidence it took ONE year of NDSU not being in Frisco to screw up the night before setup? Thanks alot JMU & YSU fanbases for messing up a good thing.

Thats exactly what the people at Toyota Stadium told me. Said they werent able to conduct themselves as mature adults.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2018, 02:27 AM
Thats exactly what the people at Toyota Stadium told me. Said they werent able to conduct themselves as mature adults.

I think the streamers gave it away.

56BISON73
12-23-2018, 03:04 AM
I think the streamers gave it away.

Then they told me about some the incidents. Some really stupid shit.

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2018, 04:15 AM
Then they told me about some the incidents. Some really stupid shit.
So, what are the chances we get this moved up to five? Is this a new guy again?

56BISON73
12-23-2018, 04:37 AM
So, what are the chances we get this moved up to five? Is this a new guy again?

Sounds like it. The past people were nice but they were hung upon the fact that everything had to be run like they do a Jimmy Buffet concert.
They actually called me a few times over the years asking for input after our initial conversation..

So this guy might be open to some suggestions.

56BISON73
12-23-2018, 05:54 AM
From last year----a JMU tailgate starter kit

https://i.imgur.com/Bsz4UWK.jpg

OtterTailLakeBison
12-23-2018, 01:25 PM
So, what are the chances we get this moved up to five? Is this a new guy again?Hunter (new guy) did say he was staffing at 5am, so a 5:15 or 5:30am entry is highly likely

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

StL Bison Fan
12-23-2018, 01:40 PM
I do wish they would put a dumpster where we cross.. instead of stacking the cans on the curb, you know we throw them away. We won’t see a mess like last year from EW fans either. They had a very nice tailgate in cheney

Da_Bizon
12-24-2018, 06:44 PM
I gotta give this new guy credit... he responded to my email while on vacation this morning. I mentioned the trash issue and he said they'd look at upping the number of garbage cans available... I also recommended a dumpster. As far as assigned lots, he said they weren't planning on assigning lots. He did say, however, that ESPN has decided that our team/fans will be on the East sideline, so maybe there was some miscommunication there. Also, as far as lot-opening time, he stated that it was the city of Frisco that set the 7 am time... apparently they don't want us tailgating in the dark. So, I would say our efforts on that front are better directed toward the mayor. Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays everyone! See you in Frisco!

MrSnuffleupagus
12-24-2018, 07:04 PM
Dont want us tailgating in the dark? Easy fix. Light the dumpsters on fire...again.

Green1
12-24-2018, 07:48 PM
Dont want us tailgating in the dark? Easy fix. Light the dumpsters on fire...again.

If un_ had a nickel....

cx500d
12-25-2018, 12:37 AM
What is the Plano Legacy? I stayed in Plano last January and was hoping to secure a room there again.

Plano legacy food hall is at the new part of Plano legacy on the west side of the Dallas tollway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSUsTALON
12-25-2018, 12:41 AM
Is this the NDSU tailgate information thread or domination thread????????????????????????//

56BISON73
12-25-2018, 12:53 AM
Plano legacy food hall is at the new part of Plano legacy on the west side of the Dallas tollway

Not driving a 1000 miles to go to a food court.

EC8CH
12-25-2018, 01:17 AM
Is this the NDSU tailgate information thread or domination thread????????????????????????//

Same thing for every venue.

Mr Meaty
12-25-2018, 01:38 AM
Not driving a 1000 miles to go to a food court.

What is on the menu PL?

cx500d
12-25-2018, 01:42 AM
What is on the menu PL?

I believe he is doing the same as last year, breakfast burritos

Mr Meaty
12-25-2018, 01:49 AM

Those are always good.

56BISON73
12-25-2018, 01:56 AM

Yes were are!!!

cbline
12-25-2018, 03:33 PM
Yes were are!!!

We stopped by last year for a burrito, but can't remember what flag/set-up we should look for next week. Where can we find you? Thanks.

56BISON73
12-25-2018, 08:59 PM
We stopped by last year for a burrito, but can't remember what flag/set-up we should look for next week. Where can we find you? Thanks.

Dont know about the flag set up. But we will have green and yellow flashing lights. Red-maroon pickup. We will be there very early so I would assume we will be more to the south in the tailgate lot. Probably right around were we were last year.

https://i.imgur.com/QSCMH9T.jpg

Honeybooboo
12-25-2018, 09:29 PM
So everyone is shooting for west lot? They open at 5am?

Da_Bizon
12-26-2018, 03:50 AM
So everyone is shooting for west lot? They open at 5am?

As of now, the stadium says 7 am is the official opening time... stay tuned.

56BISON73
12-26-2018, 03:58 AM
As of now, the stadium says 7 am is the official opening time... stay tuned.

They have said that every year. :biggrin:

Tony Almeida
12-27-2018, 12:44 AM
They have said that every year. :biggrin:When is the earliest anyone has parked their rigs in Frisco? My friend in Texas just bought an RV and he's excited to use it for tailgating. He wants to park the night before, but I told him to wait until Bisonville starts talking and I'll let him know.

He's never been to ND, he's from Michigan, and I met him in Arizona...but I turned him into a Bison fan about 5 yrs ago and now NDSU is his 2nd favorite team behind the blue and yellow of course. He hasn't missed a televised playoff game since. In fact, he's the one that gets the ball rolling when it comes to planning out the Frisco trip.

56BISON73
12-27-2018, 12:51 AM
When is the earliest anyone has parked their rigs in Frisco? My friend in Texas just bought an RV and he's excited to use it for tailgating. He wants to park the night before, but I told him to wait until Bisonville starts talking and I'll let him know.

He's never been to ND, he's from Michigan, and I met him in Arizona...but I turned him into a Bison fan about 5 yrs ago and now NDSU is his 2nd favorite team behind the blue and yellow of course. He hasn't missed a televised playoff game since. In fact, he's the one that gets the ball rolling when it comes to planning out the Frisco trip.

It was really dark. 5am I think.
They told me years ago they didnt want backed up lines. I told them we wait in line for 2-3 hours to get our reserved spots. They coldnt believe it. So they say its going to open at 7 but they never have unless it was for the first game but the kickoff was later for that game I think.

I will be in line at 4:30.

Bison20
12-27-2018, 01:43 AM
Check out these sweet bison blankets just in time for frisco. They are the best and most comfortable.
They come in adult, toddler and baby sizes.
http://Harpermaebysam.etsy.com

StL Bison Fan
12-27-2018, 01:52 AM
It was really dark. 5am I think.
They told me years ago they didnt want backed up lines. I told them we wait in line for 2-3 hours to get our reserved spots. They coldnt believe it. So they say its going to open at 7 but they never have unless it was for the first game but the kickoff was later for that game I think.

I will be in line at 4:30.
Last year we got there at 5:15 and went right in. Hope they just let us in this year and forget then 7am stuff.

Da_Bizon
12-27-2018, 03:54 AM
I'm ready to start tailgating now.

Bison 4 Life
12-27-2018, 04:00 AM
Last year we got there at 5:15 and went right in. Hope they just let us in this year and forget then 7am stuff.

I might just camp on that berm on the west side of the parking lot with a cooler after they close the bars down on Friday night.

StL Bison Fan
12-27-2018, 04:15 AM
I might just camp on that berm on the west side of the parking lot with a cooler after they close the bars down on Friday night.

Save a spot for us

Bison03
12-27-2018, 05:17 PM
I just hope a few idiots dont try and get in the day before like last year and then bitch about not being able to get in. Those few fans gave every Bison fan a bad name. Embarrassing. Lets just be orderly and respectful like 99.9% of us are and let the process play out and get in when we get again...hopefully early.

Honeybooboo
12-27-2018, 05:19 PM
I just hope a few idiots dont try and get in the day before like last year and then bitch about not being able to get in. Those few fans gave every Bison fan a bad name. Embarrassing. Lets just be orderly and respectful like 99.9% of us are and let the process play out and get in when we get again...hopefully early.

Why would they complain, they have to wait in line in Fargo, makes no sense to go down there and Bitch.

Professor Chaos
12-27-2018, 05:21 PM
Got to attack the process!

Mr Meaty
12-27-2018, 05:56 PM
Got to attack the process!

Dominate the Standard

runtheoption
12-27-2018, 06:32 PM
Dominate the Standard
Win the dang day.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-27-2018, 09:41 PM
Win the dang day.

I am very happy to be here! (Wait, that was something else.)

TAILG8R
12-27-2018, 09:48 PM
As PL said the people working the lot have told us in the past that they don't want the lines to back up because there just isn't room on the roads around the stadium. Once 7-10 rigs get in line they open the gates.

They only say 7:00 to try to keep most people from coming super early. Doesn't stop the die hards that are frequent tailgaters at Bison games.

The second year we pulled up to the entrance at around 5:15 and they just moved the barrier aside and took our money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
12-27-2018, 09:52 PM
When is the earliest anyone has parked their rigs in Frisco? My friend in Texas just bought an RV and he's excited to use it for tailgating. He wants to park the night before, but I told him to wait until Bisonville starts talking and I'll let him know.

One year we walked over to the trailer and started setting up around 4:30. That was fun.

The time we were on the east side I had to stop at the store to pick the rolls I ordered. When I got to the stadium is was still O-dark 30 and they were already taking money.

Gully
12-29-2018, 06:42 PM
I assume it's first come, first served on the tailgate parking?

Da_Bizon
12-29-2018, 06:57 PM

You are correct.

BisonNeil
12-29-2018, 10:27 PM

I smell a rookie :D

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2018, 04:39 PM
Anyone listen to the fox this am and hear what the tailgating news was?

Honeybooboo
12-31-2018, 04:51 PM
Anyone listen to the fox this am and hear what the tailgating news was?

I heard Bison 1660 is going to have a "College Gameday" type setup with a booth and lots of guests ect, starting at 530 Am Saturday if thats the news

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2018, 04:53 PM
I heard Bison 1660 is going to have a "College Gameday" type setup with a booth and lots of guests ect, starting at 530 Am Saturday if thats the news

Robbie Daniels said on Facebook that big rig owners would be interested

Honeybooboo
12-31-2018, 05:05 PM
Robbie Daniels said on Facebook that big rig owners would be interested

then I have no Idea

StL Bison Fan
12-31-2018, 08:04 PM
Please make this bigger. Thanks

Basically , you can park bigger rigs overnight but still need to get in line. Park in little red lot by Rudy’s
Lot will open at 5-530. They know us well.

TAILG8R
12-31-2018, 08:22 PM
I have a serious tailgating related question .. which version of In Heaven There Is No Beer is everyone's favorite? Need to add to my mix for after the game

56BISON73
12-31-2018, 08:31 PM
Menu---
Breakfast tacos from Rudys

Brisket
Chorizo
Smoked Sausage with Jalapeno
Bacon

We might also have Green Chili Stew from Rudys also but need to do the taste test first.

We will be in my wifes red-maroon pick up with Green and yellow flashing lights on top of the cab. Also the back window has this picture.

We will be there early so we should be in the south end of the west lot. Look for a grey AGS flag.

https://i.imgur.com/w5zdvit.jpg