PDA

View Full Version : SDSU Post Game Thoughts

Pages : [1] 2

Kevin
12-15-2018, 03:14 AM
1) Easton Stick, still the best QB in the FCS. Now the greatest QB in Bison history. Give him the Payton.
2) More on Stick, when we struggled he put the team on his back and ran hard. Everyone followed his lead and SDSU was done long before the score reflected it. 10+ yards per carry I believe? Unreal.
3) Cox was a monster in this game. The way he closed the gap to put Christion on his back was amazing. He has potential to be the best of all time as well.
4) Unfocused or over emotional? A lot of penalties coupled with some terrible refs.
5) Congrats to the Bunnies on another great season. You'll most likely get to relive this again next year.
6) This never gets old.

SoCalBison
12-15-2018, 03:17 AM
Really was hoping we'd go for that last TD after the interception, but that's not Klieman.

DakotaOkie
12-15-2018, 03:18 AM
1) \
6) This never gets old.
Disagree with the terrible refs comment...the false starts stunk but were real.

THIS NEVER GETS OLD!!! Awesome play by the BISON!!

Kevin

False starts were legit.

They just were really selective with everything else from holds to blocks in the back to PI's.

Thankfully they weren't in a position to matter.

DCinOK
Easton Flippin' Stick.
As satisfying a win as any during The Run, what with all that happened this week.
So glad we never have to play TC again.

CalBison97
12-15-2018, 03:21 AM
Easton Flippin' Stick.
As satisfying a win as any during The Run, what with all that happened this week.
So glad we never have to play TC again.

But that RB Strong kid is gonna give us fits the next 3 years

Bison03
12-15-2018, 03:22 AM
Winningest qb in FCS history:
Brock Jensen
Easton Stick

DCinOK
12-15-2018, 03:22 AM

For sure...he's really impressive.

CalBison97
12-15-2018, 03:23 AM
Winningest qb in FCS history:
Brock Jensen
Easton Stick

Isn’t it all of D1?

Kevin
12-15-2018, 03:24 AM

He was legit. What's SDSU look like at the QB position?

If they become remotely one dimensional Strong would be easier to scheme for. It seemed like a lot of those long runs were off tackle when we were trying not to get burned on the back end. Then when we started selling out on the corners they hit that option up the seam. Could have been really nasty if they'd been able to find a rhythm like that.

HerdistheWord
12-15-2018, 03:24 AM
Also disagree about the refs. They let the guys play for the most part. No issues.

DCinOK
12-15-2018, 03:28 AM
Having "our team's big game" televised coverage delayed by a Wrestling Dual Meet keeps us humble.

Scooter1
12-15-2018, 03:35 AM
Bison left no doubt.
Great game to have recruits attend.
Another "crockpot" victory.

Kevin
12-15-2018, 03:36 AM
Stick had 3 incomplete passes and some in the GDT are saying he makes the wrong reads? lol

I'd say we've raised the bar to unreasonable levels.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 03:37 AM
Isn’t it all of D1?

Nah. some Boise QB ended up with something like 49 or so since Brock got the record from Armanti Edwards.

Bison Chief
After Easton's touchdown and the PA starts the Alabama... ain't nothing better. Thanks coach Kleiman, thanks seniors, thanks bison fans. This never gets old. SDSU was game, NDSU just better. Bring it home.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

ndsubison1

Not sure how ended up there out of Arkansas

tony
12-15-2018, 03:41 AM
That TD run by Bruce Anderson would get my vote for highlight play of the game even though it got called back. He planted that guy.

tony
12-15-2018, 03:41 AM
Stick had 3 incomplete passes and some in the GDT are saying he makes the wrong reads? lol

And one of those incomplete passes was an obvious pass interference.

Bisonator98
12-15-2018, 03:43 AM
Not sure what the deal was with all the penalties. Guys must have been to jacked up or something. Oline was really bad but thankfully it didn't cost them since they were so dominant. Easton was unreal tonight. Put his stamp on best player in FCS. If he doesn't win the Payton award it'll be a crime.

23Bison
12-15-2018, 03:47 AM
Was a very sloppy game for NDSU standards but I’ll take it. This team is great! I won’t pick one player because it is NDSU and they are a team. Go to Texas and get that fuckn Trophy!!!

Go Bison!!!

bisonp
12-15-2018, 03:47 AM
Bunnies were bunnies. No concussion protocol. Cramps. Chippy.

Dome was rocking. My voice is gone. I bet it hit 120db+.

Easton Stick, just awesome.

One more game and this team will be in the conversation for best ever.

CalBison97
12-15-2018, 03:52 AM
I wonder if Weerts and any other recruits who were present enjoyed that?!

NDSU1980
12-15-2018, 03:53 AM

Pierre Strong is great, no question about it, but how long can he carry the rest of the team? Hopefully Wheeler Dealer Stig can't recruit a few more good players. They sure were lacking a supporting cast for Strong tonight.

Vet70
12-15-2018, 03:58 AM
Too bad we had all those "distractions" this week or we could have put 75 up on SDSU. Oh well.

Kevin
12-15-2018, 04:03 AM
I haven't been on GoEmaw.com since we beat K-State. I'd forgotten what a bunch of entitled morons they are.

They're getting a coach they don't deserve.

tony
12-15-2018, 04:07 AM
Not sure how are defense is going to match up with EWU's offense. SDSU left a lot of rushing yards out there by not running Taryn more. And Strong is the best back I've seen from SDSU - fits their offense perfectly.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 04:09 AM
Craig Haley said the attendance was 18.286

Even with the SDSU band, that seems low.

SomeBeach
12-15-2018, 04:14 AM
We played a sloppy game and still dominated. Damn proud to be a BISON!

BisonNeil
12-15-2018, 04:17 AM
A great Bison win but this defense has proven to be really susceptible to big plays in the playoffs. If EWU makes the game look out, long game, but Maine doesn’t have the offense to compete with the Bison defense IMO

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 04:18 AM
I updated Stig's wikipedia page with the L and his 100th loss on his record.

EC8CH
Don't be stupid committee, give Easton the Payton.

bisonp
A great Bison win but this defense has proven to be really susceptible to big plays in the playoffs. If EWU makes the game look out, long game, but Maine doesn’t have the offense to compete with the Bison defense IMO

Taryn left a lot of yards on the field early. But it wasn't there later.

CAS4127
12-15-2018, 04:23 AM
Jacks had a player “hurt” on almost every big play we had, even if called back for penalty. Yet, that injured/hurt player was right back on the field the next play except NT who was injured coming into game. Even CT tried to play the hurt game up—just like he did 3 years ago in dome. Just amazing how they tried to take momentum away from us and or play possum on O. Zero respect for that BS!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devin45k
12-15-2018, 04:24 AM
Don't be stupid committee, give Easton the Payton.

They vote before the playoffs which makes no sense at all. Playoff pressure is what separates the great players from the good players.

Also SDSU QB looked like he wanted the game to end by the end of the third quarter. Minus the bomb he threw, he couldn’t do much at all.

HerdBot
12-15-2018, 04:27 AM
Taryn Christian clearly had a concussion and couldnt think clearly. No way he passed a concussion protocol. Stig, like he did in 2008, puts a kid back in the game and doesnt give a shit about his players health.

awBison
12-15-2018, 04:31 AM
Honestly think that this team is easily top 10 FBS.

BisonNeil
12-15-2018, 04:33 AM
Taryn Christian clearly had a concussion and could not t think clearly. No way he passed a concussion protocol. Stig, like he did in 2008, puts a kid back in the game and doesnt give a shit about his players health.

I heard that from two other people. Stig doesn’t give a shit about his players heath. He’s a dickhead.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 04:33 AM
Honestly think that this team is easily top 10 FBS.Easily? That's a tough sell without actually playing against top competition week in and week out. Though what's UCF ranked? I guess if they're top ten against a relatively weak schedule, then there's no reason the Bison shouldn't be too.

Quite likely we'll move up in Sagarin and Massey after this performance.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Vet70
12-15-2018, 04:35 AM
Taryn Christian clearly had a concussion and couldnt think clearly. No way he passed a concussion protocol. Stig, like he did in 2008, puts a kid back in the game and doesnt give a shit about his players health.

What concussion protocol?

noryan34
12-15-2018, 04:35 AM
I updated Stig's wikipedia page with the L and his 100th loss on his record.

Ruthless....

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:39 AM
1) Easton Stick, still the best QB in the FCS. Now the greatest QB in Bison history. Give him the Payton.
2) More on Stick, when we struggled he put the team on his back and ran hard. Everyone followed his lead and SDSU was done long before the score reflected it. 10+ yards per carry I believe? Unreal.
3) Cox was a monster in this game. The way he closed the gap to put Christion on his back was amazing. He has potential to be the best of all time as well.
4) Unfocused or over emotional? A lot of penalties coupled with some terrible refs.
5) Congrats to the Bunnies on another great season. You'll most likely get to relive this again next year.
6) This never gets old.

Thank God they got the interference call on the punt return right.

17>1
12-15-2018, 04:42 AM
My opinion, the Bison tried switching something up with our snap count or timing or something. 5 or 6 false starts doesn't just all of a sudden happen because of a distracting week.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:42 AM

Exactly!! I remember that well, but it seems like he did it more recently too.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:43 AM
Easily? That's a tough sell without actually playing against top competition week in and week out. Though what's UCF ranked? I guess if they're top ten against a relatively weak schedule, then there's no reason the Bison shouldn't be too.

Quite likely we'll move up in Sagarin and Massey after this performance.

One thing I always say to that is: if we were playing them week in and week out, we would also have the extra Scholarships.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:44 AM

We don't need no stinking concussion protocol.

EC8CH
12-15-2018, 04:45 AM

Stigs concussion protocall:

Can you walk straighter than me after a six pack of Joose.

CalBison97
12-15-2018, 04:48 AM
Honestly think that this team is easily top 10 FBS.

If lowly Citadel can play with Alabama for a half, I’d like to think we could play and keep it respectful for 2 halves with at least #s 5-10.

scottietohottie
12-15-2018, 04:50 AM
Stig coaches like a drunk

Kevin
12-15-2018, 04:50 AM
If lowly Citadel can play with Alabama for a half, I’d like to think we could play and keep it respectful for 2 halves with at least #s 5-10.

We'd smoke Bama.

Then five years later when Saban retired and they hired our coach they'd all bitch about it.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:51 AM

If they become remotely one dimensional Strong would be easier to scheme for. It seemed like a lot of those long runs were off tackle when we were trying not to get burned on the back end. Then when we started selling out on the corners they hit that option up the seam. Could have been really nasty if they'd been able to find a rhythm like that.

It seemed like, at least early on, guys weren't keeping track of Strong, or were not trusting their teammates to get their job done and were overrunning the play, so they were vulnerable to the cutback.

SUPERBUNNY
12-15-2018, 04:53 AM
You gouts whipped our butts and proved you are 100% the class of the FCS Division. Enjoy the win! Go win in Frisco!

But, please spare me the Bison are a top 10 team BS. It’s unbecoming even for you.

Seriously, go win another title in Frisco! This Jack’s fan will be cheering for you.

Top 10? Just dumb. Get out of the state more and get some decent cable.

SUPERBUNNY

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 04:54 AM
One thing I always say to that is: if we were playing them week in and week out, we would also have the extra Scholarships.Oh, I think we'd compete well with a chance to win against anyone in the country outside a small handful of teams this year. Even with only 63 schollies. Even if we had to play them week in and week out. But until we actually do it, I don't think you can say that we're "easily top 10."

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:56 AM
I think those dudes are just blowing hot air for fun....at least I hope they are.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 04:57 AM
You gouts whipped our butts and proved you are 100% the class of the FCS Division. Enjoy the win! Go win in Frisco!

But, please spare me the Bison are a top 10 team BS. It’s unbecoming even for you.

Seriously, go win another title in Frisco! This Jack’s fan will be cheering for you.

SUPERBUNNYHa ha! Dumb to think that the Bison might legitimately be a top ten team? No. But dumb to think that it's a given without playing against that level of competition and proving it? I'll give you that.

For what it's worth, I'm guessing that Sagarin will have the Bison in the 10-15 range at the end of this season. Like it or not, it is a legitimate conversation.

Kevin

SUPERBUNNY

I agree top 10 is ridiculous.

Top 5 is far more realistic.

Actually I'm torn between voting us and UCF at #2 behind the Crimson Sabans.

ndsubison1

SUPERBUNNY

Top 20????

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 04:58 AM
We'd have a much better chance if we played like the Colgate game, but this game, no.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 04:58 AM
I think those dudes are just blowing hot air for fun....at least I hope they are.Nope. I don't think you're giving this team enough credit. There are several objective and reasonable opinions to support the idea that this Bison team is in the range of the top 10-15 teams in the country this year.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 05:01 AM
Top ten D1A would eat out defensive secondary for lunch.

B. b. bison
12-15-2018, 05:04 AM
Can you walk straighter than me after a six pack of Joose.

Joose doesn't come in six packs, just a shameful paper bag with six tallboys of Joose in it.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 05:04 AM
Top ten D1A would eat out defensive secondary for lunch.Maybe. I'd love to see a few such games. Until I actually see them played on the field and proven wrong, I'll stick with the objective measures and reasonable opinions that swing the other way.

ndsubison1
12-15-2018, 05:09 AM
Maybe. I'd love to see a few such games. Until I actually see them played on the field and proven wrong, I'll stick with the objective measures and reasonable opinions that swing the other way.

Well unfortunately we won't see this team vs one.

Hopefully Oregon gets their shit together.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 05:10 AM
UCF is #8. Haven't seen them play this year, but I'd put the 2018 Bison on a field with them and still put money straight up on the Bison.

Washington is #9. I've seen them play a few games this year. Pretty sure 2018 NDSU would match up fairly well against them. I wouldn't bet against the Bison.

Sagarin isn't the final say, of course, but it is a reasonable objective measure that has a good track record of determining the relative quality of teams. There is a top 15 team that we'd be favored against per Sagarin on a neutral field. There are a couple others that we'd essentially be a pick 'em against.

awBison
12-15-2018, 05:13 AM
I think that there is a big difference in the top 5 or so and those around 8th and above. I don't think the Bison would compete closely with the top 3 teams, but those from 5-15 would have more than they'd want with this year's team IMO. Honestly think NDSU would win a very high percentage of the games of FBS teams outside of 8th place or so.

oldmantutters
12-15-2018, 05:23 AM
Joose doesn't come in six packs, just a shameful paper bag with six tallboys of Joose in it.It does of you are a baller

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 05:26 AM
I don't think the Bison would compete closely with the top 3 teams, but those from 5-15 would have more than they'd want with this year's team IMO. Honestly think NDSU would win a very high percentage of the games of FBS teams outside of 8th place or so.
What are you smokin', man??? You must not actually watch college football! That's, like, waaay out there. Don't you know they are FCS? They can't compete at that level. No way!

[I don't know how to do purple font on Tapatalk.]

Not purple: But still... Until they actually accomplish such a feat (which will be never unless the fabled jump to FBS happens -- note that I'm NOT trying to get that conversation going again!), there will be lots of doubters, even among our own rabid fan base. But to think that it's not a legitimate question and ponder it is truly out of touch with reality.

ndsubison1
12-15-2018, 05:33 AM
I think we could hang with anyone outside the top 3. Once you get to Bama, Clemson, Georgia that's just a different animal.

oldmantutters
12-15-2018, 05:39 AM
I think we could hang with anyone outside the top 3. Once you get to Bama, Clemson, Georgia that's just a different animal.Mmm Oklahoma has something going and to ignore that is just not being real.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 05:42 AM
I think we could hang with anyone outside the top 3. Once you get to Bama, Clemson, Georgia that's just a different animal.And it's statements like these (and like those that I'm making) that make some people think this fan base is bonkers. (Well, we are bonkers. But not for thinking those types of thoughts.)

But there's not really any good objective arguments against such statements. It all comes down to perception for most college football fans -- especially those that aren't familiar with the Bison.

We've heard it all before. Beating #13 Iowa? Or a #25-26 K-State? Yeah... They weren't that good. They didn't deserve those rankings, and they proved it by losing to an FCS team.

I hope Oregon is ranked in the top 10 in a couple years. (Looking unlikely right now.) Same old excuses will come when we beat them.

IBleedYellow
12-15-2018, 05:54 AM
Taryn's last pass as a college QB was an interception to a NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY BISON.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 05:56 AM
Taryn's last pass as a college QB was an interception to a NORTH DAKOTA STATE UNIVERSITY BISON.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TapatalkWhere's that gif of the crazy Brazilian soccer fan yelling intensely, "Yessssss!" Ha! I like your observation, IBY!

TAILG8R
12-15-2018, 05:59 AM
SDSU QB laid down in the semis multiple times instead of fighting for a 1st down. I had respect for him until tonight.

God damn trip to FIS on the line and you slide or run out of bounds 2 yards short?????

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Reading where some people are complaining about the hits on Rabbit QB when he slid. Problem as I see it is he slid down too late. Those DBs were coming hard and once you commit to the hit there's not much you can do about it. The second time they did pretty much bail out of it. But if he doesn't want to get hit he's got to get down a second sooner. Refs called those plays right.

ZHerd
12-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Mmm Oklahoma has something going and to ignore that is just not being real.

Oklahoma struggled vs an Army team that NDSU would burry. I’d love to see this team play Oklahoma

IBleedYellow
12-15-2018, 06:02 AM
Reading where some people are complaining about the hits on Rabbit QB when he slid. Problem as I see it is he slid down too late. Those DBs were coming hard and once you commit to the hit there's not much you can do about it. The second time they did pretty much bail out of it. But if he doesn't want to get hit he's got to get down a second sooner. Refs called those plays right.He didn't want to win.

He slid instead of putting himself in the line.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 06:03 AM
And it's statements like these (and like those that I'm making) that make some people think this fan base is bonkers. (Well, we are bonkers. But not for thinking those types of thoughts.)

But there's not really any good objective arguments against such statements. It all comes down to perception for most college football fans -- especially those that aren't familiar with the Bison.

We've heard it all before. Beating #13 Iowa? Or a #25-26 K-State? Yeah... They weren't that good. They didn't deserve those rankings, and they proved it by losing to an FCS team.

I hope Oregon is ranked in the top 10 in a couple years. (Looking unlikely right now.) Same old excuses will come when we beat them.

Iowa kinda proved it during the rest of the season.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 06:06 AM
He didn't want to win.

The ESPN announcers mentioned that Christion was taking a lot of hits....and Stick was delivering a lot of hits.

89MTBISON
12-15-2018, 06:07 AM
See you in the 2020 playoffs bunnies. Loosers, or joosers, either way.

EC8CH
12-15-2018, 06:10 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 06:11 AM
Iowa kinda proved it during the rest of the season.Hard to say. What if they would have won against the Bison? What if their egos weren't deflated by that Bison loss. Who knows what impact that might have had on the rest of their season. Butterfly effect and all.

I suspect that Iowa was legitimately a top 15-20 team that year had it not been for the Bison loss.

ByeSonBusiness
12-15-2018, 06:28 AM
False starts were legit.

They just were really selective with everything else from holds to blocks in the back to PI's.

Thankfully they weren't in a position to matter.

I watched with a neutral Bama guy. We agreed on the penalties other than the catch interference. I am not sure if it was a bad call or not, neither was he, we only saw it live and one replay from a bad angle. It's a penalty you don't see much. I was leaning towards it as a penalty, he thought it was clean. I would like Indy's take on it. I wasn't taking a strong stance on that one.

I had a small beef with the pass interference on NDSU in the endzone too. Definitely was one that you can't complain too much one way or the other, my friend thought it was interference. Refs have a tough job.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 06:32 AM
THAT was just a really stupid move by the Bison DB, since the ball was overthrown. Never looked around to see where the ball was.

We had that catch interference called against us last week, so it's nice to get the consistent interpretation this time that benefited us.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 06:39 AM
I watched with a neutral Bama guy. We agreed on the penalties other than the catch interference. I am not sure if it was a bad call or not, neither was he, we only saw it live and one replay from a bad angle. It's a penalty you don't see much. I was leaning towards it as a penalty, he thought it was clean. I would like Indy's take on it. I wasn't taking a strong stance on that one.

I had a small beef with the pass interference on NDSU in the endzone too. Definitely was one that you can't complain too much one way or the other, my friend thought it was interference. Refs have a tough job.Indy already spoke on the subject. He may have phrased it differently than I am here, but the gist is that it looks like the catch kick interference call was legitimate.

thebootfitter
12-15-2018, 06:39 AM
THAT was just a really stupid move by the Bison DB, since the ball was overthrown. Never looked around to see where the ball was.

We had that catch interference called against us last week, so it's nice to get the consistent interpretation this time that benefited us.The difference was that last week's catch kick interference was likely a bad call.

Mr Meaty
12-15-2018, 06:45 AM
NDSU is just better.

ByeSonBusiness
12-15-2018, 06:45 AM
The ESPN announcers mentioned that Christion was taking a lot of hits....and Stick was delivering a lot of hits.

One of them is definitely more physical than the other. No doubt there.

ByeSonBusiness
12-15-2018, 06:48 AM
Indy already spoke on the subject. He may have phrased it differently than I am here, but the gist is that it looks like the catch kick interference call was legitimate.

I believe it. We didn't get a good look. We were fetching another beer at that point, and I was like "Man, that's close, you think that's a penalty?" and he was like, "Shoot tough to tell there."

I defer to Indy on the subject.

roadwarrior
12-15-2018, 07:09 AM
What's next?

BisonDude
12-15-2018, 08:40 AM
That TD run by Bruce Anderson would get my vote for highlight play of the game even though it got called back. He planted that guy.

That was the run of the season! My wish for Bruce is that he could have had a better season, health wise. I feel bad for him. He has been a special player for the Herd.

Christopher Moen
12-15-2018, 08:59 AM

Same thing happened to Austin Sumner in 2014 (Tre Dempsey got the pick).

Christopher Moen
12-15-2018, 09:23 AM
Top ten D1A would eat out defensive secondary for lunch.

To be honest, I'm not sure those receiving corps are as good as they look due to the terrible defenses they play. Look at how well SIU did this year against Ole Miss or SDSU against TCU a few years back. A top-ten team with a good receiving corp would be tough, but how much better would they be compared to some of the good passing teams NDSU has faced throughout the DI years with future NFL talent (or near talent). Northern Colorado had Vincent Jackson, Minnesota had Eric Decker, Central Michigan had Antonio Brown and J. J. Watt (TE then), Kansas State had Tyler Lockett and Tramaine Thompson, Iowa had George Kittle (killed my Broncos last week), SDSU had Jake Wieneke and Dallas Goedert and maybe the team with the hardest receiving corp to defend, Eastern Washington had Cooper Kupp, Kendrick Bourne and Shaq Hill.

Personally, I think NDSU could hold their own against just about any FBS team. For the absolute top FBS teams like Alabama, I think NDSU keeps it within 20.

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2018, 09:37 AM

SUPERBUNNYGive ndsu 20 more scholarships and you don't think they would be considered better than Utah, washington, penn state, iowa, Mississippi state?

Edit i see you think we're asshats according to what you said on sdsufans for thinking like this.

I'll explain it:

Because you're a fan of a loser program, you lose more games. That makes you ranked where you are which is in the 50s... but that'll drop because your team lost, probably back to the 60s which is terrible.

Still with me?

Now because ndsu isnt a loser, they have beaten their opponents by more than what the spread or predictor thinks.

Thus their historical current ranking receives merit because THEY ARE THAT DAMN GOOD.

But i mean to run to your board and call us asshats for likely being right about something is hilarious. Especially when you didnt have the balls to do it on here.

Since we're on the subject of losers... what's up with the majority of your fans wearing the stupid striped bib overalls? I mean it's cool in college, (narrator: it's not) but i saw a lot of people who've likely been out of school for 5+ years in them god forsaken things. Very weird.

EC8CH
12-15-2018, 11:38 AM

https://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gifhttps://media.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif

EC8CH
12-15-2018, 11:41 AM

Since we're on the subject of losers... what's up with the majority of your fans wearing the stupid striped bib overalls? I mean it's cool in college, (narrator: it's not) but i saw a lot of people who've likely been out of school for 5+ years in them god forsaken things. Very weird.

Livestock find them sexy

bisonp
12-15-2018, 11:48 AM
SDSU QB laid down in the semis multiple times instead of fighting for a 1st down. I had respect for him until tonight.

God damn trip to FIS on the line and you slide or run out of bounds 2 yards short?????

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

That's not really fair. He was almost certainly playing with a concussion at that point. I felt bad for him.

BisManBison
12-15-2018, 12:19 PM
That's not really fair. He was almost certainly playing with a concussion at that point. I felt bad for him.

I did too. I don’t think he was healthy from the first snap to be honest. So instead of being critical of him, i’ll sing the praises of Stick. The way he was running tonight, he was not going to be denied. Heart of a champion!!

scottietohottie
12-15-2018, 12:33 PM

Does college football not have concussion protocol? How did TC get back on the field so fast after he got drilled? I think I might have named that big hit before the game.

NDSU92
12-15-2018, 12:44 PM
Livestock find them sexy

Vertical stripes make their game day snowsuits look slimmer

99Bison
12-15-2018, 12:52 PM

Exactly,seems likely he’ll pay for this game the rest of his life. Thanks coach :(

Seriously no concussion protocol for bunnies apparently.

Snowgoose
12-15-2018, 12:54 PM
I too believe TC was playing with a concussion after that first hit. I thought he played great considering the circumstances.

Easton was just the man tonight. He is so durable but I honestly worried he may hurt a should or something with the way he was lowering the boom and that would have definitely made for an interesting championship game.

WeAreThePride
12-15-2018, 01:08 PM
14-0 baby! Easton is the best QB in FCS. If he doesn’t win the Payton, then it was rigged.

aces1180
12-15-2018, 01:10 PM

It goes both ways, unfortunately: Steve Walker, 2007.

sage
12-15-2018, 01:12 PM
So proud of this team and the organization year after year. Outstanding Job!!!!

BisManBison
12-15-2018, 01:13 PM
608 yards of offense tonight. SDSU was playing short handed defensively but it’s going to be tough for Maine or EWU to keep it close.

DakotaOkie
12-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Oklahoma struggled vs an Army team that NDSU would burry. I’d love to see this team play Oklahoma
Oklahoma plays video game football. Just score more points and win. Good defense shuts them down and there has been little of that in the B12 this year. 'bama is going to slaughter them. I believe Klieman-State will do the same in a couple of years. GO BISON

GOBISON123
12-15-2018, 01:17 PM

That Holding call which negated the Bruce Anderson 40yards TD run was bogus.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2018, 01:21 PM
That full stat line is a thing of beauty. BIG BOY FOOTBALL

CalBison97
12-15-2018, 01:41 PM
Does college football not have concussion protocol?

If so, it doesn’t seem thorough. Maybe there has to be a lawsuit filed against the NCAA by former players before an adequate protocol is in place.

NDSU1980
Stig coaches like a drunk

He coaches like a drunk? Hell, Stig is a drunk. You can bet he had a few on the bus ride home.

1998braves64
That TD run by Bruce Anderson would get my vote for highlight play of the game even though it got called back. He planted that guy.Someone needs to make a gif off that stiff arm. From my vantage point I was like he's going to be tackled or at least slowed down enough that guys behind him would catch him. Then bam just trucked him into the turf.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Hammerhead
12-15-2018, 02:23 PM
The crowd was much louder than earlier playoff games and it's going to be a long three weeks until the championship game for us fans.

Vet70
12-15-2018, 02:39 PM
MSU gets shellacked 52-10 and it was the refs. Jacks lose 44-21 and guess who is getting a good part of the blame? And TIL that a horse tackle collar is bogus if it is done with only one hand.:rofl:

X-Factor
12-15-2018, 02:44 PM
One of them is definitely more physical than the other. No doubt there.

And one is a legitimate Payton and nfl prospect. The other is not

gunner56
12-15-2018, 02:48 PM
“We got handled a little bit,” Stiegelmeier said.

Understatement of the year.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 02:50 PM
but but but.....

https://i.imgur.com/q60xFes.jpg

Bison20
12-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Easton and taryn showed the difference between programs last night. Easton was doing whatever it took to win the game. Taryn literally laid down and quit. That 3rd down he could have easily got the first down and ran out of bounds. Instead he was scared and went down. Not even close to who is the Patton award winner. Easton deserves that instead of some chump that throws it 50 times a game and has a 500 record.

NDSU1980
12-15-2018, 03:05 PM
It goes both ways, unfortunately: Steve Walker, 2007.

You beat me to it. The pick last night was divine justice for Walker's last college pass being intercepted by a Rabbit, just when we had a chance to win that game.

Ndsu84
12-15-2018, 03:06 PM
Easton and taryn showed the difference between programs last night. Easton was doing whatever it took to win the game. Taryn literally laid down and quit. That 3rd down he could have easily got the first down and ran out of bounds. Instead he was scared and went down. Not even close to who is the Patton award winner. Easton deserves that instead of some chump that throws it 50 times a game and has a 500 record.

I agree Easton is the greatest but Taryn had the Bison defense beating the hell out of him.

perthbison
12-15-2018, 03:15 PM
He didn't want to win.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalkin his defense he likely was playing with a concussion

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 03:19 PM
in his defense he likely was playing with a concussion

If you read the bunny board, their amateur neurologists diagnosed him with not a concussion and they are way smarter than our amateur neurologists.

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2018, 03:27 PM

On November 17th, 2007, NDSU legendary quarterback, Steve Walker, was intercepted by SDSU's Brock Gentile at 1:19 to play in the 4th quarter.

This secured the 29-24 win for the rabbits and ruined the perfect season for the Herd who were still in their transition period and ineligible for post season play.

That was Steve Walker's last pass as a Bison quarterback.

edit: Aces and NDSU1980 beat me to the punch.

StL Bison Fan
12-15-2018, 03:36 PM
If you read the bunny board, their amateur neurologists diagnosed him with not a concussion and they are way smarter than our amateur neurologists.

If you listened to 1660 after the game they were almost screaming about it. They were pretty upset.
The last person I’d be sticking up for is Captain Joose. Someone in that administration needs to hav a sit down and an investigation. No game is worth a guys health.

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2018, 03:39 PM
The second time that Christian needed help from the trainers.....the broadcasters said that he took a shot to the ribs.

Maybe so, but the replay shows his head snapping back and striking the turf hard yet again. I didn't look to me like he was grabbing sore ribs as he laid on the ground.

He was dinged very hard (in the head) twice.

He looked very foggy when shown on the sidelines.

IBleedYellow
12-15-2018, 03:39 PM
On November 17th, 2007, NDSU legendary quarterback, Steve Walker, was intercepted by SDSU's Brock Gentile at 1:19 to play in the 4th quarter.

This secured the 29-24 win for the rabbits and ruined the perfect season for the Herd who were still in their transition period and ineligible for post season play.

That was Steve Walker's last pass as a Bison quarterback.

edit: Aces and NDSU1980 beat me to the punch.Indeed.

Feels good to be in this end of it.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 03:41 PM
You beat me to it. The pick last night was divine justice for Walker's last college pass being intercepted by a Rabbit, just when we had a chance to win that game.

Rohl fumbled that game away just prior to the pick. That was where the game was going to be won.

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2018, 03:47 PM
but but but.....

https://i.imgur.com/q60xFes.jpgCoach eck cried when ET went home

1st&TennBison
12-15-2018, 03:53 PM
If you listened to 1660 after the game they were almost screaming about it. They were pretty upset.
The last person I’d be sticking up for is Captain Joose. Someone in that administration needs to hav a sit down and an investigation. No game is worth a guys health.

I agree with you 100%. Listening to the radio show on the way home after the game made that sink in a little more than while actually watching it go down at the game. That kid was just not right in the head at some point. Two big hits, sliding early short of the first down, and that one incomplete pass he threw where he seemed to have a good 25 yards or more open right in front of him. TC was running out of bounds 3-4 yards before the Bison defenders even got near him, and in some cases even had no defender withing 4 yards and still ran out of bounds 2 yards short (east side of the field 3rd quarter). Never seen a QB, with the game on the line and the season with a trip to a natty, play so scared. Any other player on any team in that situation would run out of bounds but would do so right at the same point a defender would be able to touch him, not 2-4 yards before. And the same goes for his sliding in the field of play, 4-5 yards before a defender was even close. Seems to me like he was afraid.

BisonFanAnn
12-15-2018, 03:53 PM
The crowd was much louder than earlier playoff games and it's going to be a long three weeks until the championship game for us fans.

I need 3 weeks to rest up after last night! It's tougher to bounce back when you get old.

Vet70
12-15-2018, 04:02 PM
I agree with you 100%. Listening to the radio show on the way home after the game made that sink in a little more than while actually watching it go down at the game. That kid was just not right in the head at some point. Two big hits, sliding early short of the first down, and that one incomplete pass he threw where he seemed to have a good 25 yards or more open right in front of him. TC was running out of bounds 3-4 yards before the Bison defenders even got near him, and in some cases even had no defender withing 4 yards and still ran out of bounds 2 yards short (east side of the field 3rd quarter). Never seen a QB, with the game on the line and the season with a trip to a natty, play so scared. Any other player on any team in that situation would run out of bounds but would do so right at the same point a defender would be able to touch him, not 2-4 yards before. And the same goes for his sliding in the field of play, 4-5 yards before a defender was even close. Seems to me like he was afraid.

But their board seems to think it was the refs job to protect him.

IndyBison
12-15-2018, 04:04 PM
I believe it. We didn't get a good look. We were fetching another beer at that point, and I was like "Man, that's close, you think that's a penalty?" and he was like, "Shoot tough to tell there."

I defer to Indy on the subject.I rewatched it this morning to make sure. 52 for SDSU got in Grimsley's path to get to the ball which is one way to get KCI. You don't need contact for that one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OrygunBison
12-15-2018, 04:11 PM
Never seen a QB, with the game on the line and the season with a trip to a natty, play so scared.

Holy crap, you guys have a short memory. Does the name Brian Bell ring a bell? TC is way tougher than you guys give him credit for.

1st&TennBison
12-15-2018, 04:27 PM
But their board seems to think it was the refs job to protect him.

Nah, that job belongs to his O-Line

Vet70
12-15-2018, 04:27 PM
Holy crap, you guys have a short memory. Does the name Brian Bell ring a bell? TC is way tougher than you guys give him credit for.

The way he avoided contact every chance he had to gain additional yards didn't make him seem all that tough to me. The slide when he could have easily gotten the first down is a prime example. He didn't want to get hit.

bri-dog
12-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Pierre Strong is a pretty good running back. But still...

...North Dakota Tough>Pierre Strong.

1st&TennBison
12-15-2018, 04:37 PM

Just because he might be tougher when he is healthy does not mean that he is tougher once he gets messed up a bit. He seemed out of sorts, and for a team with the season on the line (when the game was still close) he did nothing to put himself out there to squeeze every extra yard out of a play.
And in my opinion, Brian Bell was way tougher. That kid took a total beating from the Bison, I mean he got destroyed many times, and he kept coming back. That kid would have been out there on crutches or in a wheelchair taking hits while playing for his teams seasons life. TC may have been physically tougher and bigger, but Brian Bell had a football attitude.

TNbison
12-15-2018, 04:43 PM
https://j.gifs.com/9QnPg3.gif

I don't think TC is going to have many post game thoughts

TNbison
12-15-2018, 05:11 PM
This was the best, except for the penalty
https://j.gifs.com/MQ0x7Q.gif

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 05:11 PM
Replaying the game on Easton's 2nd TD run, the 34 yarder. It sounded as loud as the video from Brock's 4th and 3 vs GSU.

That is not saying it's 100% there but you could really hear the crowd on that one as he broke tackles.

Vet70
12-15-2018, 05:14 PM
Evidently, a number of running backs were dinged up. Anyone know how bad?

THEsocalledfan
12-15-2018, 05:22 PM

My God. Wtf was stig thinking.

NDSU1980
12-15-2018, 05:23 PM
. Does the name Brian Bell ring a bell? .
No but maybe someone will chime in with a sound update.

IzzyFlexion
12-15-2018, 05:26 PM
No but maybe someone will chime in with a sound update.

Oh, I'm sure some ding-a-ling will have a goofy comment to make.

89MTBISON
12-15-2018, 05:31 PM

And this took place right in front of their bench, Stig had a front row seat for this concussion. He still played the kid.

scottietohottie
12-15-2018, 05:32 PM
Oh, I'm sure some ding-a-ling will have a goofy comment to make.

I got one

Twss!

MNLonghorn10
12-15-2018, 05:34 PM
Jabril is fucking awesome

Bison20
12-15-2018, 05:50 PM

How bout tanner volson wiping the kid out of Bruce's way. Our o line was nasty last night and completely dominated

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 05:56 PM
Was that Snyder that Bruce ran over? If so it would be the second time.

Professor Chaos
12-15-2018, 06:00 PM
Evidently, a number of running backs were dinged up. Anyone know how bad?
Based on Klieman's postgame comments for Ty Brooks it was just cramps (same with Shep). Bruce tweaked a quad and Wilson tweaked a hamstring. Didn't sound like any were serious but anytime a RB has a soft tissue injury like Bruce and Wilson do it's tough to say how soon they can come back. Hopefully they're both 100% by Frisco.

Vet70
12-15-2018, 06:03 PM
Based on Klieman's postgame comments for Ty Brooks it was just cramps (same with Shep). Bruce tweaked a quad and Wilson tweaked a hamstring. Didn't sound like any were serious but anytime a RB has a soft tissue injury like Bruce and Wilson do it's tough to say how soon they can come back. Hopefully they're both 100% by Frisco.

Thanks. Thankful there are 3 weeks.

BadlandsBison
12-15-2018, 06:06 PM
Their phantom injury act is very cowardly. Play football, stig

tony
12-15-2018, 06:10 PM
Was that Snyder that Bruce ran over? If so it would be the second time.

Not sure, but he didn't stiff arm him, he one-hand-slammed him into the ground.

Kind of reminds me of King Frazier catching a pass in the flat and then falcon punching somebody out of his way.

Bison"FANatic"
12-15-2018, 06:19 PM

The telling part is stopped a bit after this gif stops. His arms fall straight out sideways.

Seriously the Bunny coaches are going to get someone really messed up.

Don't get me started on their history of "cramping" and how we, wow imagine that saw a bunch of "cramping" again last night.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-15-2018, 06:20 PM
I know Snyder went off injured at one point, but don't remember when in relation to this play. Bruce ran over Snyder in the Iowa game.

MAKBison
12-15-2018, 06:30 PM
Their phantom injury act is very cowardly. Play football, stig

They did that at Usd last year as well.

MAKBison
12-15-2018, 06:32 PM
The game on the line in the
3rd quarter TC runs out of bounds 2 yards short of the LOG simply for hearing footsteps. He has a lot of talent for sure, but I sure did not see him laying it all out on the field. Now if it turns out he was concussed, that's on Stigg

noryan34
12-15-2018, 06:41 PM
I know Snyder went off injured at one point, but don't remember when in relation to this play. Bruce ran over Snyder in the Iowa game.

Snyder got hurt on the play that Bruce pushed the guy over. He got blocked by the TE (not sure who it was)

Also on TV anyways. after he pushed that guy over that the loudest a game has ever been on TV for me. Sounded like my damn speakers where gonna blow. lol

bruinbison
12-15-2018, 08:05 PM

The Jackrabbits were happy when they signed this guy:

https://gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=7228

Maybe Taryn Christion 2.0
J’Bore Gibbs - 6’ 3” 225 - Chicago - redshirting this season.
He might be the favorite over junior to be Kanin Nelson.
iirc Nelson won some NDSU camp awards but I don’t remember the Bison offering him, but he was at least on the radar.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 09:17 PM

SUPERBUNNY

I see we abandoned "respect" pretty quickly.

BisManBison
12-15-2018, 09:39 PM

So I’m struggling just a bit with people on here questioning how tough TC is after last nights game. The kid had his head dribbled off the turf all night and kept getting up and going back out there. The damn kid was just trying to survive and finish the game. He knew his team had no chance if he didn’t finish the game. He’s one hell of a player I’m glad we don’t have to play anymore. He’s the only quarterback with more than one win against us, winning 40% of his games against us. We can laugh about that all we want, but the average win percentage is 7% over the last 8 years. So could we focus on praising our players and coaches rather kicking a kid on another team and questioning how tough he is?

DCinOK
12-15-2018, 09:48 PM
When TC was getting hurt, seemed to me the trainer who spent the most time talking with him and evaluating his injuries was a girl in her early 20s. Seemed strange...anyone else notice that?

HerdBot
12-15-2018, 09:49 PM

My goodness. Totally clean too.

HerdBot
12-15-2018, 09:51 PM

Ho-lee shit Bruuce!!

Vet70
12-15-2018, 10:25 PM
So I’m struggling just a bit with people on here questioning how tough TC is after last nights game. The kid had his head dribbled off the turf all night and kept getting up and going back out there. The damn kid was just trying to survive and finish the game. He knew his team had no chance if he didn’t finish the game. He’s one hell of a player I’m glad we don’t have to play anymore. He’s the only quarterback with more than one win against us, winning 40% of his games against us. We can laugh about that all we want, but the average win percentage is 7% over the last 8 years. So could we focus on praising our players and coaches rather kicking a kid on another team and questioning how tough he is?

Maybe it is my heart of stone, but I don't see a problem with it. No doubt he is a good player and went back in. The point is he didn't like contact and avoided it even when he could have picked up extra yardage. Even the commentators noted it when they compared him with Stick who did not avoid contact...he dished it out. You are correct, he was worried about surviving.

ZHerd
12-15-2018, 10:53 PM

Imo the sliding was bad and hurt his team, but overall I agree. He is very good and I’m glad we don’t have to face him anymore.

Snowgoose
12-15-2018, 10:55 PM

I completely agree with Bis. Some of us appreciate other teams great players and don’t need to cut everyone down. For me I did not want him to get hurt cause I wanted us to beat them straight up. it was clear he was knocked silly on the first hit and then the hit by Cox he instantly grabbed his head. That pass he threw for the TD in the fourth was 60 yards. It was a thing of beauty for someone with most likely a mild concussion.

Professor Chaos
12-15-2018, 11:03 PM
My goodness. Totally clean too.
It was although it would've been a penalty in the NFL with the "Aaron Rodgers is a pansy" rule they now have.

Bison 4 Life
12-15-2018, 11:05 PM
Maybe it is my heart of stone, but I don't see a problem with it. No doubt he is a good player and went back in. The point is he didn't like contact and avoided it even when he could have picked up extra yardage. Even the commentators noted it when they compared him with Stick who did not avoid contact...he dished it out. You are correct, he was worried about surviving.Me either. One of the elements of winning "straight up" is being able to avoid or withstand the defensive punishment. Easton never thought of sliding.

Herd
12-15-2018, 11:50 PM

Geez you guys, that not Stig’s decision at all. They have a medical team. Knock it off with the criticism of Stig. He does what the medical people say.

NorthernBison
12-16-2018, 12:13 AM
Geez you guys, that not Stig’s decision at all. They have a medical team. Knock it off with the criticism of Stig. He does what the medical people say.

The ultimate decision is Stig’s. Regardless of whether the medical people clear the player, Stig has eyes and direct contact with the player.

It appears to me that Stig has put players on the field in the past under questionable health.

99Bison
12-16-2018, 12:15 AM

As a small college head coach should you:
1. Be aware that your star qb was laying on the turf for a few minutes after hitting his head on the ground... And then only missed one play with basically one “trainer/medical staff” helping player when off the field for 20 seconds.
2. Be aware that said player 10 minutes later was in same position and laid on ground several more minutes?
3. Be at least somewhat concerned for the players long term health?
4. Care at least enough to physically go ask “medical” staff, talk to the player, something, anything?
5. Attempt to create a respectable culture/environment where player concussion/injury is taken seriously, especially around the head?

As an aside:
“Not the coaches/leagues/etc fault” mentality is how the NFL got where it is with the concussion threatening the future of the league itself.

Vet70
12-16-2018, 12:15 AM
I would be interested in someone explaining how anyone can determine whether someone has a concussion in the 30 seconds it takes to run one play.

JMB
12-16-2018, 12:16 AM

For not having a medical school, Bisonville has a lot of people capable of diagnosing a concussion from a TV broadcast.

semobison
12-16-2018, 12:22 AM

Good post! TC has been a great QB for the Jacks the past few years. He is the main reason they beat us twice. I know I'm going to be relieved to see a different face behind center when we play the Bunnies next year!

Jay
12-16-2018, 12:25 AM
https://twitter.com/coachcriles/status/1074112139441434624?s=21

As I reflect on last nights game against SDSU, as well as prepare for upcoming Holiday season it reminds me of an ole’ saying...

“Be careful what you wish for!”

9/29/18
#SeeYouInThePlayoffs

Always stay humble, or you will be humbled. ��������

semobison
12-16-2018, 12:26 AM
For not having a medical school, Bisonville has a lot of people capable of diagnosing a concussion from a TV broadcast.

Arm chair coaches and arm chair trainers evidently!

Bison"FANatic"
12-16-2018, 12:31 AM
Yep and I question their medical team. It is a question that needs to be asked by the SDSU AD and if after looking into it and they are satisfied then great but if not they need to have a discussion on their protocols. We need to follow the same strict protocols at NDSU as it is that important. A student Athlete is owed that by all teams. That all rolls to the top of the team and that is Stig and he is responsible.

89MTBISON
12-16-2018, 12:35 AM

Then they have worthless medical staff, or maybe the perfect medical staff for Stig. Give a listen to the jack post game presser. I think Christion said his head bounced off the turf in that Jabril tackle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shk8vQ6IKIM

56BISON73
12-16-2018, 12:38 AM
Maybe it is my heart of stone, but I don't see a problem with it. No doubt he is a good player and went back in. The point is he didn't like contact and avoided it even when he could have picked up extra yardage. Even the commentators noted it when they compared him with Stick who did not avoid contact...he dished it out. You are correct, he was worried about surviving.

It was obvious he was concussed. He couldnt take another big hit. Stig and the medical staff should be fired over this. There was no concussion protocol. I never saw a doctor examine him. If he tips over they are in serious shit.

wagsabison
12-16-2018, 01:38 AM

The way Cox closed on that play was a thing of beauty.

Bisonwinagn
12-16-2018, 01:42 AM
This thread has turned into a a total fucking shit show based on stupid people not knowing a fucking thing but spreading lies and deceit. Go fuck yourselves idiots. Talk about the game or get the fuck off here.

Bisonguy
12-16-2018, 02:49 AM

Maybe no medical school, but nearly everyone involved in coaching or officiating youth sports now has mandatory concussion awareness training.

No way in hell was that an adequate assessment after that hit.

JMB
12-16-2018, 02:51 AM
Maybe no medical school, but nearly everyone involved in coaching or officiating youth sports now has mandatory concussion awareness training.

No way in hell was that an adequate assessment after that hit.

That I may give you, as I was a bit surprised he was back in after one play.

CAS4127
12-16-2018, 03:04 AM
TC has a history of playing possum. A couple of big hits/hitting head doesn’t = concussion. Give me a break already. Plus, he knew he was the only QB that SDSU had that could beat us, so he bailed on some plays so as not to get hurt again/more. Plus he has a history of not liking contact. PLEASE stop. PLEASE!! Plus, add in the fact injuries/cramps of other players after almost all of our big plays in second half and the picture becomes clear.

Lots of neurologists here apparently. Good God already. Plus, it’s SDSU’s problem (to the extent there even is one) so ....

BadlandsBison
12-16-2018, 03:21 AM
TC has a history of playing possum. A couple of big hits/hitting head doesn’t = concussion. Give me a break already. Plus, he knew he was the only QB that SDSU had that could beat us, so he bailed on some plays so as not to get hurt again/more. Plus he has a history of not liking contact. PLEASE stop. PLEASE!! Plus, add in the fact injuries/cramps of other players after almost all of our big plays in second half and the picture becomes clear.

Lots of neurologists here apparently. Good God already. Plus, it’s SDSU’s problem (to the extent there even is one) so ....

I have to agree. I think he was trying to draw flags and act hurt. The whole team played the Phantom injury game

perthbison
12-16-2018, 03:27 AM
If TC plays this game against JMU last year the jacks likely make their first chipper appearance last year. Cas is correct about the amount of possum on that team, too much for coincidence. As far as the possible concussions go, I saw it like PL, just a lack of assessment and work up when a head bang happens

Hammerhead
12-16-2018, 03:46 AM
On his first slide, it didn't even look like he got hit very hard or have his head bounce off the turf.

Professor Chaos
12-16-2018, 03:51 AM
On his first slide, it didn't even look like he got hit very hard or have his head bounce off the turf.
Watching the replay it looked they were looking at his jaw. Hendricks' shoulder came right across his chin strap so I'd say he got his bell rung but it wasn't as jarring to his head as that hit from Cox was later in the game.

ndsubison1
12-16-2018, 03:55 AM
TC had a hell of a career and is very comparable to Stick. Similar styles. Id prolly take him if I had to choose another Fcs QB after Stick. Props to him. Wonder if he will get any NFL try outs.

Sdsu brings back 15 or 16 starters and will be very good again if they get quality QB play.

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2018, 05:11 AM
Perhaps white uniforms were a bad choice.
Could have been worse with white helmets added.

noryan34
12-16-2018, 06:15 AM
https://twitter.com/coachcriles/status/1074112139441434624?s=21

As I reflect on last nights game against SDSU, as well as prepare for upcoming Holiday season it reminds me of an ole’ saying...

“Be careful what you wish for!”

9/29/18
#SeeYouInThePlayoffs

Always stay humble, or you will be humbled. ��������

Gonna have to help me out on this one. Other than the date is there some submliminal messaging here?

scottietohottie
12-16-2018, 12:13 PM
It's not how you start the season but how you finish it.

John Stigelmeier. Before the first meeting with the Bison.

Professor Chaos
12-16-2018, 12:20 PM
Gonna have to help me out on this one. Other than the date is there some submliminal messaging here?
It's a not-so-thinly veiled shot at a particular SDSU coach who likes to take not-so-thinly veiled shots at the Bison (and other SDSU opponents) via twitter.

That SDSU coach's twitter handle may or may not be @Coach_Eck.

JMB
12-16-2018, 12:38 PM
I saw this article (it's kinda sorta, not really about the game) but thought it was worth sharing.

https://amp.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article223155125.html

scottietohottie
12-16-2018, 12:41 PM
Doesn't Beth know you're not supposed to wear white after labor day?

1998braves64
12-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Unless he deleted something here is what he tweeted that day. But that # Sounds like something Eck would have tweeted maybe this was a verbal statement on field after the game?

https://twitter.com/Coach_Eck/status/1046186843778224128?s=19

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2018, 12:52 PM
Unless he deleted something here is what he tweeted that day. But that # Sounds like something Eck would have tweeted maybe this was a verbal statement on field after the game?

Look at the date. Look at who we played. It was someone at SDSU and those of us on twitter can surmise who.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 12:59 PM

Yeah, I can't find anything either. He might have said something to him personally like "we'll get you in the playoffs" or something. Wouldn't be out of character.

EC8CH
12-16-2018, 01:32 PM
See some butthurt from bunny fans that I mentioned I wouldn't take their freshman RB over Dunn, Anderson, or Brooks. I stand by that statement. Their kid is definitely good and will be for years to come. Has the speed to take the edge for sure.

Last night he got yards on a team playing coverage to prevent plays deep and spying on TC. As a freshman he looks thin right now and didn't see much hard running ala the Bruce stiff arm spectacular on the TD called back for holding. He'll probably develope but isn't there as a freshman right now. Never showed a burst quite like you see out of Brooks. Other than a swing pass don't think he caught anything downfield like Dunn, Anderson, and even Wison do regularly.

This year he would be fighting for time with Wison and Cofield. Sorry if that bothers bunny fans, but the Bison running backs room is just that deep and a talented, but young and not fully developed player is going to break into the regular rotation that easily.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 01:42 PM
See some butthurt from bunny fans that I mentioned I wouldn't take their freshman RB over Dunn, Anderson, or Brooks. I stand by that statement. Their kid is definitely good and will be for years to come. Has the speed to take the edge for sure.

Last night he got yards on a team playing coverage to prevent plays deep and spying on TC. As a freshman he looks thin right now and didn't see much hard running ala the Bruce stiff arm spectacular on the TD called back for holding. He'll probably develope but isn't there as a freshman right now. Never showed a burst quite like you see out of Brooks. Other than a swing pass don't think he caught anything downfield like Dunn, Anderson, and even Wison do regularly.

This year he would be fighting for time with Wison and Cofield. Sorry if that bothers bunny fans, but the Bison running backs room is just that deep and a talented, but young and not fully developed player is going to break into the regular rotation that easily.

I would also contend that some tape on him might help. We managed to bottle up Robinson from ISUr this year.

BisonHorns
12-16-2018, 01:52 PM
[/QUOTE]Since we're on the subject of losers... what's up with the majority of your fans wearing the stupid striped bib overalls? I mean it's cool in college, (narrator: it's not) but i saw a lot of people who've likely been out of school for 5+ years in them god forsaken things. Very weird.[/QUOTE]
HURRAY! BISONVILLE finally has a judgy teenage girl!

EC8CH
12-16-2018, 01:53 PM
I would also contend that some tape on him might help. We managed to bottle up Robinson from ISUr this year.

Exactly. If he's the focus of the defensive game plan, he has a different stat line by the end of the night. Promising young player for sure though.

BisonHorns
12-16-2018, 01:56 PM

HURRAY! BISONVILLE finally has a judgy teenage girl! Tell us princess what is the proper attire for football games.

NDSU1980
12-16-2018, 02:03 PM
I have to agree. I think he was trying to draw flags and act hurt. The whole team played the Phantom injury game

So it goes back to the lack of ethics on Stigs part! I can't believe how low that guy will go.

Roj
12-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Were any of the hits on TC cheap shots? I think part of SDSU's failure on Friday was due to TC's fear of getting hit. Didn't think Hendricks hit was targeting and didn't see that he hit TC in the head at all. Actually thought he had the wind knocked out or something on that play. How big an impact did the hits on TC play on the outcome of the game and could/should any have been flagged?

EC8CH
12-16-2018, 02:11 PM
Were any of the hits on TC cheap shots? I think part of SDSU's failure on Friday was due to TC's fear of getting hit. Didn't think Hendricks hit was targeting and didn't see that he hit TC in the head at all. Actually thought he had the wind knocked out or something on that play. How big an impact did the hits on TC play on the outcome of the game and could/should any have been flagged?

Hendricks hit could have drawn a flag. Close call he committed early and TC slide late. Hit shoulder to chest but slide up and caught him under the chin.

I hate sliding unless it's early enough to ensure contact is avoided. Otherwise just puts everyone in a bad spot.

Other hits were all perfectly clean.

MAKBison
12-16-2018, 02:17 PM

TC said they were clean

MAKBison
12-16-2018, 02:21 PM

He looks right to the ref and motions for a flag....so yeah, I agree and we were all saying it at the game.

Big play = jack injury
Jack injury = walk to the sideline, no evaluation, back in next play. It's shit FB and speaks being weak of mind. Trash coaches for either accepting or teaching that bs.

More to the point Who The F cares....we win they lose. And, if that is who they are (weak) they will never take the next step.

Vet70
12-16-2018, 03:07 PM
TC said they were clean

TC in the presser said the hit by Cox was clean. Did he comment somewhere else about the others?

scottietohottie
12-16-2018, 03:31 PM
The Matt Larsen football show?

Bison"FANatic"
12-16-2018, 03:39 PM
Coaches out recruiting. Last day before signing day as dead period starts tomorrow I believe.

scbison91
12-16-2018, 04:32 PM
The Matt Larsen football show? Jeremeny stated last week Larson would be on show today as coaches are out recruiting....

04 Badger
12-16-2018, 04:41 PM
Interesting article in the Sioux Falls newspaper
https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/college/south-dakota-state-university/2018/12/15/sdsu-ndsu-football-playoff-loss-jackrabbits-bisons/2276985002/

phxbison
12-16-2018, 05:15 PM
Totally agree with you !

MAKBison
12-16-2018, 05:28 PM
TC in the presser said the hit by Cox was clean. Did he comment somewhere else about the others?

Not that I know of.....imo, You don't go out of your way to suggest one is clean if believe others were not. Watching them several times, at best its a judgment call and being it was not called on the field. And, or called in by reply, I'll go with it bring a none penalty.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but targeting which is what a lot of people are suggesting can be called on the field or in the booth.

BisonNeil
12-16-2018, 05:31 PM
How bout tanner volson wiping the kid out of Bruce's way. Our o line was nasty last night and completely dominated

Volson kicked #2, their stud LBs ass, but I think that was the illegal block in the back on that play unfortunately.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 05:38 PM
Volson kicked #2, their stud LBs ass, but I think that was the illegal block in the back on that play unfortunately.

No, they called the penalty on Ellefson. Holding because he took his dumb ass to the ground. He was going there anyway.

gizmo
12-16-2018, 05:42 PM
The Bison clobber the bunnies annually in the playoffs. SDSU is not a near-championship program....not even close.

Vet70
12-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Eh, other than the Bison as close as anyone else.

IndyBison
12-16-2018, 05:54 PM
Not that I know of.....imo, You don't go out of your way to suggest one is clean if believe others were not. Watching them several times, at best its a judgment call and being it was not called on the field. And, or called in by reply, I'll go with it bring a none penalty.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but targeting which is what a lot of people are suggesting can be called on the field or in the booth.Correct. If replay felt that was targeting they could have stopped it and called it. It was close on both targeting and late hit and it wouldn't have surprised me if either was called. It looked more like he got the wind knocked out of him on that one. The Cox got was definitely legal. Sometimes players do get hurt in legal hits.

BisonNeil
12-16-2018, 05:55 PM
Actually, it’s only every other year:D
The Bison clobber the bunnies annually in the playoffs. SDSU is not a near-championship program....not even close.

Roj
12-16-2018, 06:19 PM
Correct. If replay felt that was targeting they could have stopped it and called it. It was close on both targeting and late hit and it wouldn't have surprised me if either was called. It looked more like he got the wind knocked out of him on that one. The Cox got was definitely legal. Sometimes players do get hurt in legal hits.

I agree. There was another one later in the game too where TC was looking for a flag and then limped around like he'd really been hurt. Game plan needs to include limiting TC's success, but without cheating. I don't want Jacks to have any excuse, Bison are clearly the better team and win this matchup a majority of the time, even with a 100% healthy SDSU team.

IzzyFlexion
12-16-2018, 06:29 PM
Correct. If replay felt that was targeting they could have stopped it and called it. It was close on both targeting and late hit and it wouldn't have surprised me if either was called. It looked more like he got the wind knocked out of him on that one. The Cox got was definitely legal. Sometimes players do get hurt in legal hits.

You're not referring to the Cox hit are you??

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 06:48 PM
Either TC was faking all of his injuries to buy time or get flags or he was legitimately hurt and they kept throwing him out there.

Neither is a good look for Stig and, unfortunately, neither is out of character.

MNLonghorn10
12-16-2018, 08:37 PM
HURRAY! BISONVILLE finally has a judgy teenage girl! Tell us princess what is the proper attire for football games.

oh sorry, Cletus. are you a 30+ year old wearing the green and yellow ones?

BisonNation11
12-16-2018, 09:05 PM

Sent from my SM-G930V using TapatalkI agree regarding the first hit. The first hit he was kicking his legs and immediately took his helmet off on his own. Out one play without getting looked at and right back in. The Cox hit he just laid there and had his helmet removed for him. With that and minimal movement on his part, I feared he was hurt worse. They took him to the bench on the sidelines and "checked" him out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

BisonHorns
12-16-2018, 09:53 PM
oh sorry, Cletus. are you a 30+ year old wearing the green and yellow ones?

You still didn't say what to wear. Are you rolling your pant cuffs and handing out friendship bracelets. This is the cue for his cheerleader friends to walk up and add some trash talk. Insert an image from Clueless or something.

MNLonghorn10
12-16-2018, 10:10 PM
You still didn't say what to wear. Are you rolling your pant cuffs and handing out friendship bracelets. This is the cue for his cheerleader friends to walk up and add some trash talk. Insert an image from Clueless or something.Nobody knows what you're talking about. Good to know you remember scenes from clueless tho.

Golden
12-16-2018, 10:19 PM
No, they called the penalty on Ellefson. Holding because he took his dumb ass to the ground. He was going there anyway.

Ellefson blocked #27 out of the play...no holding there...just a solid block and a bad call. At least 3 bunnies got rocked on this play. #27 was honing in on Bruce...not going to the ground as you stated.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 10:25 PM
Ellefson blocked #27 out of the play...no holding there...just a solid block and a bad call. At least 3 bunnies got rocked on this play. #27 was honing in on Bruce...not going to the ground as you stated.

After he met Ben he did :), although most of it was on his own. It could look like Ben tackled him which would draw the penalty but that's not what happened.

scottietohottie
12-16-2018, 10:25 PM
SDSU offensive line held all night and their QB still got rocked. Heck Menard had a guy lay on top of him once.

IndyBison
12-16-2018, 10:41 PM
You're not referring to the Cox hit are you??No. The first slide when he was hit by two different players. The Cox got was legal but he smacked the back of his head on the turf. That is a common source of concussion and not much they can do to avoid that.

IndyBison
12-16-2018, 10:45 PM
After he met Ben he did :), although most of it was on his own. It could look like Ben tackled him which would draw the penalty but that's not what happened.I think it must have looked like a tackle from the angle of the official who threw the flag.

StL Bison Fan
12-16-2018, 11:06 PM
Don’t remember anyone posting this...
https://youtu.be/Shk8vQ6IKIM

Gully
12-16-2018, 11:09 PM
I think it must have looked like a tackle from the angle of the official who threw the flag.

I think you're talking about the TD called Back when Bruce stiff armed the guy to the ground? I watched that play over and over and couldn't figure out where the penalty was. What did you see?

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 11:14 PM
I think you're talking about the TD called Back when Bruce stiff armed the guy to the ground? I watched that play over and over and couldn't figure out where the penalty was. What did you see?

You can see it in the gif. right away at the bottom.

noryan34
12-16-2018, 11:40 PM
You can see it in the gif. right away at the bottom.

Was it called on the guy pushing the defending that had nothing to do with the play (on the bottom of the GIF) or was it on the TE who leveled the S right in the middle of the field?

I am pretty sure it was on the TE that smoked Snyder and he had to leave the game after getting blocked so hard

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 11:42 PM
Was it called on the guy pushing the defending that had nothing to do with the play (on the bottom of the GIF) or was it on the TE who leveled the S right in the middle of the field?

I am pretty sure it was on the TE that smoked Snyder and he had to leave the game after getting blocked so hard

It was Ben Ellefson, the TE.

noryan34
12-16-2018, 11:49 PM
It was Ben Ellefson, the TE.

Ya im pretty sure that was who leveled snyder right in the middle of the field. Hard to see numbers on the replay though

Professor Chaos
12-17-2018, 02:20 AM
It was a horrible call. Ellefson had Snyder squared up, give him a shove to the left shoulder, and Snyder went down awkwardly. But it didn't really matter in the end except for making Bruce's highlight reel stiff arm not actually count.

stevdock
12-17-2018, 02:23 AM
Playoff football makes the regular season insanely boring around here because we know before the game starts who we can run our base package against and dominate and who we might have to get more creative with. When we played SDSU the first time around I do believe we showed just enough to win the game while keeping so much in our back pocket for Friday night. First time I thought we could have run at will on them and we really put it to them last night. I think the coaches knew that first time around and didn't want to tip their hand for game 2.

Also I love the creative play calls that happen when the season is on the line and we played and coached like this was the biggest game of the season. I listened to the 1st quarter on the radio and Phil said the first wheel route we had never run like that before. The TD pass to Bruce I don't believe we've run that either. And I might be wrong but Easton's huge run for a TD was the same play that Brock scored on against GSU and that might be the first time we've run it that way since that game.

Christopher Moen
12-17-2018, 02:29 AM
Playoff football makes the regular season insanely boring around here because we know before the game starts who we can run our base package against and dominate and who we might have to get more creative with. When we played SDSU the first time around I do believe we showed just enough to win the game while keeping so much in our back pocket for Friday night. First time I thought we could have run at will on them and we really put it to them last night. I think the coaches knew that first time around and didn't want to tip their hand for game 2.

Also I love the creative play calls that happen when the season is on the line and we played and coached like this was the biggest game of the season. I listened to the 1st quarter on the radio and Phil said the first wheel route we had never run like that before. The TD pass to Bruce I don't believe we've run that either. And I might be wrong but Easton's huge run for a TD was the same play that Brock scored on against GSU and that might be the first time we've run it that way since that game.

That Stick TD reminded me of the time he did something similar to Iowa (gave Desmond King a heck of a stiff-arm).

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Mr. Burgundy
12-17-2018, 03:27 AM
Line was telling them the play we were running and then ran it up their ass. Over and over. That was laughable. TC was either scared or hurt. Stig gets exposed after halftime.

IndyBison
12-17-2018, 04:38 AM
It was a horrible call. Ellefson had Snyder squared up, give him a shove to the left shoulder, and Snyder went down awkwardly. But it didn't really matter in the end except for making Bruce's highlight reel stiff arm not actually count.

I wouldn't call it a terrible call. It did appear he tackled him. If he got his arms around the defender rather than keeping them inside I'm sure it looked much worse than it was. That's still a judgement call and if it was downgraded (I assume it was). it probably wouldn't be a full downgrade.

bloodmakesthegrassgrow
12-17-2018, 06:33 AM

Christion sliding so late made it a bang-bang play.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2018, 12:05 PM
I wouldn't call it a terrible call. It did appear he tackled him. If he got his arms around the defender rather than keeping them inside I'm sure it looked much worse than it was. That's still a judgement call and if it was downgraded (I assume it was). it probably wouldn't be a full downgrade.
Did you watch the replay? It's tough to tell from that gif but watching the replay it didn't look at all like a tackle to me. He hands were outside because Snyders shoulders were perpendicular to Ellefson's (if that makes sense) but he made contact with Snyder's shoulder with his chest and didn't grab or wrap with his arms. I think Snyder's awkward fall caused the flag. There were plenty of other borderline holding calls (for instance on Hendricks' on Strong's TD run) that weren't called. I stand by that it was a bad, and inconsistent, call.

Now the holding call later in that drive on Conner.... that one was legit.

westnodak93bison
12-17-2018, 12:20 PM
Christion sliding so late made it a bang-bang play.Agree

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

DM05
12-17-2018, 12:32 PM
1. Glad to see Stig will be in Brookings for the foreseeable future...TV guys kept talking about his storied career, and I kept laughing.
2. The Christion vs. Stick argument comes down to watching them run the ball: Stick was lowering his shoulder and running hard every time even with a lead, Christion gave himself up a yard short on 3rd down in the most important game in his programs history. That was the biggest in game white flag I've ever seen, and it tells you everything you need to know about each of those players....
3. Our offensive line put on an absolute clinic.
4. SDSU RB Strong is legit, can't figure out how he didn't have 35 carries.
5. Jabril Cox: lets enjoy watching him for two more years. Him, Tuszka, and Waege are going have some fun next year.

scottietohottie
12-17-2018, 12:40 PM
Stick played like a champion.

John Stigelmeier.

Other then that. I've got nothing. 2018 Bison have left me speechless.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2018, 12:51 PM
1. Glad to see Stig will be in Brookings for the foreseeable future...TV guys kept talking about his storied career, and I kept laughing.

In spite of the Joose incident and speculation about his handling of player injuries he has had a pretty remarkable career there. Keep in mind they were an average at best program in D2 and he's led the way transforming them into what is now a top 10, if not a top 5, FCS program. They're in a tough spot because they're only a couple hundred miles for the behemoth of the subdivision so compared to NDSU they and Stig may not look all that successful but, make no mistake about it, that is a solid program that he's built up from very little.