PDA

View Full Version : 2018 Coach Staff Update

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MAKBison
12-13-2018, 11:27 PM
This is what we know as of today:

Matt Entz ------ Head Coach
https://gobison.com/news/2018/12/13/matt-entz-named-next-ndsu-head-football-coach.aspx

Randy Hedberg ----- Associate Head Coach/Passing Game Coordinator/QB Coach
https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/9/football-hedberg-promoted-to-associate-head-coach-roehl-to-offensive-coordinator.aspx)

Offense
Tyler Roehl ------ Offensive Coordinator/Tight Ends/Fullbacks Coach
https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/9/football-hedberg-promoted-to-associate-head-coach-roehl-to-offensive-coordinator.aspx

Aj-Blazek ------ Offensive Line Coach
https://247sports.com/college/rutgers/Article/AJ-Blazek-will-not-return-as-Rutgers-Football-offensive-line-coach-127568231

Noah Pauley ----- Wide Receivers Coach
https://umdbulldogs.com/coaches.aspx?rc=439&path=football

Dan Larson----- Running Backs Coach
https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/11/football-dan-larson-named-running-backs-coach-at-north-dakota-state.aspx

Defense
David Braun ---- Defensive Coordinator/ Safeties Coach
https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/10/entz-adds-four-to-ndsu-football-coaching-staff.aspx

Grant Olson ----- Linebackers Coach
https://www.inforum.com/sports/football/947843-Olson-to-return-to-NDSU-to-coach-Bison-linebackers

Nick Goeser ----- Tackles Coach/Special Teams Coordinator
https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/9/football-hedberg-promoted-to-associate-head-coach-roehl-to-offensive-coordinator.aspx

Buddha Williams ----- Defensive Ends Coach

Kody Morgan ----- Cornerbacks/

Operations
Ben Klinger ----- Offensive Quality Control
Daniel Goodman ----- Defensive Quality Control
Jake Otten ----- Director of Football Operations/Video Coordinator
Margie Trickle ---- Administrative Assistant

Still open ----- Recruiting Coordinator

Jim Kramer ------ Assistant Athletic Director of Athletic Performance - Football. (Per Bison Football Show)
https://gobison.com/news/2019/1/6/wa...ball-show.aspx

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Welcome
Grant Olson
https://gosycamores.com/coaches.aspx?rc=602&path=football

Aj-Blazek
https://scarletknights.com/staff.aspx?staff=274

David Braun
https://unipanthers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=601

Noah Pauley
https://umdbulldogs.com/coaches.aspx...&path=football

Dan Larson
https://www.blugolds.com/sports/fball/coaches/LarsonDan?view=bio

------------
He Gone:
Chris Klieman Source Offical KSU/NDSU announcment
Courtney Messingham Source Offical KSU announcment
Conor Riley Source Offical KSU announcment
Joe Klanderman Source Offical KSU announcment
Jason Ray Source Offical KSU announcment
Hank Jacobs Source Offical KSU announcmentl

Honeybooboo
12-13-2018, 11:28 PM
just fill in the rest with Bisonville

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2018, 11:37 PM

Who does the least on a day to day basis? I'll take that one.

MAKBison
12-13-2018, 11:41 PM

here is my best Guess:

Matt Entz ---Head Coach
? ---Offensive Coordinator/Running Backs
Nick Goeser ---Defensive Coordinator/Defensive Tackles Coach
Tyler Roehl ---Running Game Coordinator/Tight Ends/Fullbacks Coach
Grant Olsen ---Linebackers Coach
Randy Hedberg ----Quarterbacks Coach
? ---Defensive Backs Coach
Kody Morgan ---Cornerbacks Coach
? ---Wide Receivers Coach
? ---Offensive Line
Buddha Williams ---Defensive Ends Coach
Ben Klinger ---Offensive Quality Control
Daniel Goodman ---Defensive Quality Control
Jake Otten ---Video Coordinator
? ---Director of Football Operations

This is my original and still best guess
The question marks will come from outside except Grant, I already pinned him in

Honeybooboo
12-13-2018, 11:43 PM
here is my best Guess:

Matt Entz ---Head Coach
Joe Klanderman ---Defensive Backs Coach
? ---Offensive Line

This would be a best case scenario IMO

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2018, 11:44 PM
I see RJ on the sidelines, is he a GA right now? That kid could run routes, I'd let him coach WRs.

MAKBison
12-13-2018, 11:45 PM

Based on the best information available that is out in the public domain.

HerdBot
12-13-2018, 11:47 PM
here is my best Guess:

Matt Entz ---Head Coach
Joe Klanderman ---Defensive Backs Coach
? ---Offensive Line

Wonder if Randy Hedberg would be interested in being an Offensive Coordinator? Vigen coached QB and was the OC? Randy certainly has the experience. Our young QBs could use him

Professor Chaos
12-13-2018, 11:50 PM
I thought that too until the rumors that they may retain Messingham surfaced. I don't know if there's any basis behind it but if they retain Entz as head coach, Messingham as OC, and Kramer I hate to downplay the significance of the rest of the staff but just those 3 would be a home run IMO no matter who else stayed or went.

MAKBison
12-13-2018, 11:53 PM
I thought that too until the rumors that they may retain Messingham surfaced. I don't know if there's any basis behind it but if they retain Entz as head coach, Messingham as OC, and Kramer I hate to downplay the significance of the rest of the staff but just those 3 would be a home run IMO no matter who else stayed or went.

Home run for sure, but our recruiting coordinator needs to be solid for the grand slam.

I would love to pencil Mess in, but the to many conflicting reports. If anyone wants to pm why I should Go for it :-)

HerdBot
12-14-2018, 12:03 AM
Klanderman would be a solid candidate for defensive Coordinator too and he spent years as one in D2 Mankato

MAKBison
12-14-2018, 12:05 AM
Klanderman would be a solid candidate for defensive Coordinator too and he spent years as one in D2 Mankato

It was a coin flip between the two for me

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2018, 12:08 AM
Dream scenario. Keeping Mess and Hedberg.

They don't offer a ton of recruiting value for K State and there are a few offensive assistants that seem to be on the good side down there.

bajadanny
12-14-2018, 02:06 AM

Hedberg would be great to have
Hope he doesn’t want to move out of ND

EC8CH
12-14-2018, 10:48 AM

Agree Klanderman to DC seems like a good move.

NDSU92
12-14-2018, 11:12 AM

It’s 2018, surely we could employ a ‘Twitch plays Pokemon’ setup where for the first 10 seconds after each play BV members vote to select the next play from the playbook.

Vet70
12-14-2018, 11:56 AM
It’s 2018, surely we could employ a ‘Twitch plays Pokemon’ setup where for the first 10 seconds after each play BV members vote to select the next play from the playbook.

Many moons ago at one small school in Ohio, they tried this. The problem was the QB got worn out chucking the pigskin downfield.

BisonTeacher
12-14-2018, 12:16 PM
I see RJ on the sidelines, is he a GA right now? That kid could run routes, I'd let him coach WRs.

Not saying he is or isnt...I have no idea.

Sometimes the best athletes dont always make the best coaches. Trying to teach others what they were gifted with isnt always easy. But Sometimes its those who had to struggle to learn and get good at it that are the best coaches.

Just my Friday morning 2 cents from the Education/coaching field.

thunderingherd
12-14-2018, 12:25 PM
Riley would be a big loss.

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2018, 12:34 PM
Not saying he is or isnt...I have no idea.

Sometimes the best athletes dont always make the best coaches. Trying to teach others what they were gifted with isnt always easy. But Sometimes its those who had to struggle to learn and get good at it that are the best coaches.

Just my Friday morning 2 cents from the Education/coaching field.

Yeah. i would agree but he seems like he's trying to do something with coaching since he's still there. Just figured his technique was so good, that might translate.

Professor Chaos
12-14-2018, 12:43 PM
Yeah. i would agree but he seems like he's trying to do something with coaching since he's still there. Just figured his technique was so good, that might translate.
I'm guessing he didn't have an official title with the team. He didn't redshirt so it's likely that he didn't graduate yet last spring (he might be graduating today actually). I guess if anything he would be considered a student manager maybe?

dryash83
12-14-2018, 12:45 PM
PLEASE don't take Coach Kramer.

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2018, 01:02 PM
I'm guessing he didn't have an official title with the team. He didn't redshirt so it's likely that he didn't graduate yet last spring (he might be graduating today actually). I guess if anything he would be considered a student manager maybe?

I think that what what Grant did in 2014 or so.

Bison20
12-14-2018, 01:15 PM
I hope we can keep atleast one of mess or riley. I wouldn't mind see goeser have a chance at DC either. Just really excited entz got the hc job

noryan34
12-14-2018, 06:19 PM

You nailed it. Graduating today.

https://twitter.com/NDSUfootball/status/1073642925211480065

bruinbison
12-14-2018, 07:27 PM
Eric Peterson’s article today describes Urzendowski as “an undergraduate student assistant coach for the Bison”.

Bison 4 Life
12-14-2018, 07:48 PM
Eric Peterson’s article today describes Urzendowski as “an undergraduate student assistant coach for the Bison”.

I hope he sticks around.

bisonfanette
12-15-2018, 07:51 AM

He graduated today. (Friday)

bruinbison
12-15-2018, 03:38 PM
I hope we can keep atleast one of mess or riley. I wouldn't mind see goeser have a chance at DC either. Just really excited entz got the hc job

I also hope NDSU can keep the Sign Lady!
She has really upped her game here in the playoffs - new innovative strategies and all!
But if Coach Klieman and KState needs her, well, we can all understand the allure of Big-Time FBS football......

Bison20
12-15-2018, 03:40 PM
So when do we find out which coaches are leaving? I would think this weekend we should have an idea of who's gone recruiting.

Professor Chaos
12-15-2018, 06:18 PM
So when do we find out which coaches are leaving? I would think this weekend we should have an idea of who's gone recruiting.
Entz's introductory press conference is on Monday. Hopefully we find out something then if not sooner.

BadlandsBison
12-15-2018, 06:24 PM
Entz's introductory press conference is on Monday. Hopefully we find out something then if not sooner.

Just a hunch, I think the k state staff will be settled more into midweek after the recruiting dead period starts

Bisonwinagn
12-15-2018, 07:01 PM
Agree I don't think there will be many changes until after signing day as coaches are too busy recruiting.

Bisonator98
12-15-2018, 07:07 PM
Agree I don't think there will be many changes until after signing day as coaches are too busy recruiting.

Non contact period starts Monday so that's when coaches will fill out their staffs.

Bison20
12-15-2018, 07:36 PM

I would assume any coaches leaving for sure would be recruiting for ksu this weekend and not ndsu. That's y I thought we might get an idea sometime before monday

bri-dog
12-15-2018, 08:51 PM
2011BisonAlumni, sic'em! :)

HerdBot
12-15-2018, 08:58 PM
I would assume any coaches leaving for sure would be recruiting for ksu this weekend and not ndsu. That's y I thought we might get an idea sometime before monday

If you haven't signed a new contract, that is very unethical

Jay
12-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Blake Seiler (DC/LB) is out recruiting with Klieman today. He’ll be on the staff. Which makes sense as their defense wasn’t terrible and Entz was promoted.

wisco4
12-16-2018, 12:29 AM

Coaches Messingham, Klanderman, Ray, Williams and Morgan were with NDSU recruits today. There may have been additional coaches with but those guys a saw for sure.

GOBISON123
12-16-2018, 02:01 AM
All this chatter on WYO board makes me feel how great it would be if Coach Mess stayed. I dont think that would happen. Coach Klieman is certainly taking OC Mess with him.

https://wyonation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=18316

Professor Chaos
12-16-2018, 03:21 AM
Coaches Messingham, Klanderman, Ray, Williams and Morgan were with NDSU recruits today. There may have been additional coaches with but those guys a saw for sure.
Messingham is huge! Klanderman to DC possibly? I would think either he or Goeser would be going to K-State if they didn't get the DC gig here. I'd love to retain Riley but if Mess is staying on as OC you'd think Riley would be going with Klieman. Hedberg is another question mark still. Very surprised Ray is staying with his Oklahoma roots and ties.

Roehl was tweeting out about future Bison being at the game last Friday after Klieman had been announced as the new K-State coach so I would guess it's pretty likely that he's staying also.

reformedUNDfan
12-16-2018, 03:29 AM
I think everyone better prepare themselves for the likelyhood that for at least a year NDSU will be retaining all but a handful of its coaches

23Bison
12-16-2018, 03:43 AM
Yeah I think once Klieman has a season under his belt I wouldn’t be shocked to start seeing some coaches trickle into his system. Although he does have contacts with guys like Cain at Fresno State, Pollini at Youngstown, Austin maybe a possibility but doubt he’ll leave the Pats. Lots of good coaches out there with ties to Klieman so who knows what guys he’ll want to bring in.

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 04:10 AM
2011BisonAlumni, sic'em! :)

I’m out dude. It’s going to be 50 here again tomorrow, and I’ll be fly fishing.

56BISON73
12-16-2018, 04:22 AM
I’m out dude. It’s going to be 50 here again tomorrow, and I’ll be fly fishing.

Where you going to be fly fishing at this time of the year???

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 04:25 AM
Where you going to be fly fishing at this time of the year???

Bighorn River

Love fishing it in the winter. Usually parlay it into a cast and blast and pheasant hunt the islands

MAKBison
12-16-2018, 10:31 PM
Ross just tweeted out that he is hearing 3 coached plus Hank heading to KSU

SafeTeeJ
12-16-2018, 10:38 PM
Bighorn River

Love fishing it in the winter. Usually parlay it into a cast and blast and pheasant hunt the islands

Now we are talking! Cast and blast on the Bighorn sounds awesome!!
I assume it will be all nymph fishing, maybe a late midge hatch? I’ve had good luck with small San Juan worm or small red glitter worm, Ray Charles, scuds, etc(#18 or so). You have your own drift boat?
Good luck! Send me a report

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 10:44 PM
Ross just tweeted out that he is hearing 3 coached plus Hank heading to KSU

Hearing Kramer is one of them and he got an offer that was going to put another zero on the end of his paycheck.

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 10:50 PM
Now we are talking! Cast and blast on the Bighorn sounds awesome!!
I assume it will be all nymph fishing, maybe a late midge hatch? I’ve had good luck with small San Juan worm or small red glitter worm, Ray Charles, scuds, etc(#18 or so). You have your own drift boat?
Good luck! Send me a report

PM sent.....

CAS4127
12-16-2018, 10:51 PM
Hearing Kramer is one of them and he got an offer that was going to put another zero on the end of his paycheck.

Good! That means Mess or Riley is staying.

Complete troll job I realize, but whatever ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 10:52 PM

Me? Not trolling, I am being serious

MAKBison
12-16-2018, 10:56 PM

Never really thought of him as a Fb coach per se, but makes sense I suppose.

noryan34
12-16-2018, 11:03 PM

Well Kstate pays their current S&C $350,000.... what’s Kramer at now then? 60-70k?

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 11:08 PM
So they're getting rid of Chris Dawson?

HerdBot
12-16-2018, 11:09 PM

To put strength and conditioning pay into perspective, the highest paid in the country is the guy from Iowa. $725,000. Most of the Big 12 will pay in the 300-400 range and K State already has a great guy who has been there 20 years.

Also what Kramer does is different for a team like us that redshirts and adds tons weight to a kid over 3 years. K State already recruits athletes who are physically big enough and focus on speed and agility.

So putting an extra zero on Kramers salary seems like a major exaggeration because they cant afford to pay him a million. But he could have been offered

ndsubison1
12-16-2018, 11:10 PM
Ever since Alumni saw those tweets he thinks he's some insider.

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 11:18 PM
Ever since Alumni saw those tweets he thinks he's some insider.

Like I said I just heard this. I’m not an insider.

Not football S&C but director of K State S&C across all athletics.

2011BisonAlumni
12-16-2018, 11:20 PM
To put strength and conditioning pay into perspective, the highest paid in the country is the guy from Iowa. $725,000. Most of the Big 12 will pay in the 300-400 range and K State already has a great guy who has been there 20 years.

Also what Kramer does is different for a team like us that redshirts and adds tons weight to a kid over 3 years. K State already recruits athletes who are physically big enough and focus on speed and agility.

So putting an extra zero on Kramers salary seems like a major exaggeration because they cant afford to pay him a million. But he could have been offered

I was told S&C coordinator across all athletics.

Kansas State is very much a developmental program like NDSU.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 11:23 PM
So to believe this, you would have to believe that one of the most highly regarded S&C coaches in the Big 12 is out the door, at the behest of the new football coach.

Vet70
12-16-2018, 11:27 PM

Where or who did you hear this from?

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 11:28 PM
https://www.standupcomedyclinic.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Stuart-Smalley-1-300x169.jpg

HerdBot
12-16-2018, 11:50 PM

I cant even find that position at K State. You have the top dog job and director of performance Olympic athletics. That's the job Jason Miller has here

GOBISON123
12-17-2018, 12:41 AM

Nope Kramer is not going anywhere. He has a family situation that will keep in in Fargo for a long time.

2011BisonAlumni
12-17-2018, 01:01 AM

Former player he is close to.

He could have been pulling my leg though.

Also heading Tyler Roehl is going. Now that would surprise me, but honestly it might be good if Tyler ever had head coaching aspirations at NDSU.

Hammersmith
12-17-2018, 01:02 AM
I will say this about the Jim Kramer/Chris Dawson debate, if you were looking to hire a S&C coach based on education, which would you hire:

Bachelors in Business Management
MBA

or

Bachelors in Physical Education
Masters in Exercise Science

Not saying those are the only qualifications, but still...

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 01:07 AM
I will say this about the Jim Kramer/Chris Dawson debate, if you were looking to hire a S&C coach based on education, which would you hire:

Bachelors in Business Management
MBA

or

Bachelors in Physical Education
Masters in Exercise Science

Not saying those are the only qualifications, but still...

Cool, lets just say we couldn't get Chris Dawson to come to Fargo. He'll get snapped up by a P5 program the minute he hits the market.

EC8CH
12-17-2018, 02:09 AM
Dom predicts Mess, Riley, Klanderman, and Ray go with Klieman.

Says Kramer status "unknown".

Dunn doubtful for championship per source.

Lots of info on chat tonight.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2018, 02:14 AM

I'd be good with that (minus the Kramer part). I'd assume that means Riley to OC and Goeser to DC. Retain Hedberg, Roehl, Williams, and Morgan.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 02:20 AM
I'd be good with that (minus the Kramer part). I'd assume that means Riley to OC and Goeser to DC. Retain Hedberg, Roehl, Williams, and Morgan.

Get Napoli from SEMO

Vet70
12-17-2018, 02:25 AM

Dunn doubtful for championship per source.

Lots of info on chat tonight.

https://i.imgur.com/cyamGmz.gif

CAS4127
12-17-2018, 02:31 AM

Umm, he said Riley to go with Klieman, no?

StL Bison Fan
12-17-2018, 02:37 AM
https://i.imgur.com/cyamGmz.gif

Gotta be old to get this.
I listen to this on classic radio xm

Professor Chaos
12-17-2018, 02:41 AM
Umm, he said Riley to go with Klieman, no?

Doh! You're right. Well I guess Hedberg at OC isn't a bad option either. Be interesting to see whether Dom is right and Klieman takes 4 assistants with him or if Ross Uglem is right and it's only 3. In either case that would pretty darn good to retain 6 or 7 assistants (including Entz).

Although as some have mentioned before if Klieman has openings on his staff in the next few years he definitely could target some of the remaining assistants from his former staff still at NDSU.

AKBison
12-17-2018, 02:57 AM
Doh! You're right. Well I guess Hedberg at OC isn't a bad option either. Be interesting to see whether Dom is right and Klieman takes 4 assistants with him or if Ross Uglem is right and it's only 3. In either case that would pretty darn good to retain 6 or 7 assistants (including Entz).

Although as some have mentioned before if Klieman has openings on his staff in the next few years he definitely could target some of the remaining assistants from his former staff still at NDSU.

Hedberg is developing a reputation here as the quarterback whisperer and we will need him more than ever starting in February when the guys come back. I say pay him like an OC and let him keep his current role and responsibilities with the team. If Riley wants to go with Kli then maybe we should look outside the program for a guy. With that said, I wouldn't mind giving TR a crack at it, especially with Hedberg on staff. The most important hire is DC and we need the best possible candidate for that role.

CAS4127
12-17-2018, 03:07 AM
Hedberg is developing a reputation here as the quarterback whisperer and we will need him more than ever starting in February when the guys come back. I say pay him like an OC and let him keep his current role and responsibilities with the team. If Riley wants to go with Kli then maybe we should look outside the program for a guy. With that said, I wouldn't mind giving TR a crack at it, especially with Hedberg on staff. The most important hire is DC and we need the best possible candidate for that role.

D will be fine under Entz. We need someone who can keep this O going/maturing.

Hammersmith
12-17-2018, 03:09 AM
Cool, lets just say we couldn't get Chris Dawson to come to Fargo. He'll get snapped up by a P5 program the minute he hits the market.

Yeah, I admit that was a super simplistic way of looking at it, but I was still surprised when I saw Dawson's bio page. In a field that should be always pushing into new science, I would expect a top practitioner to have advanced degrees in it. Of course it's possible that Dawson has attended innumerable conferences and studied all the latest literature, but S&C seems to be a field where the tendency is to teach others to do things just because that's the way you were taught.

I've gotten the feeling that Kramer and the NDSU S&C program(at least the football side of it) don't do that. In comparison to someone close to home, I've seen geauxsioux/thebigund talk about how great the UND FB S&C program is, but that program seems to be out of date based on the results on the field(rate of injuries and lack of strength/endurance development). But GS/TBUND is adamant about it and I wonder if it's only because he was shaped by that program, so it must be the best way. (That wasn't a slam, btw, just pointing out that we all have blind spots in areas where we were shaped.)

I will say that looking at the careers of both coaches as well as the results on the field, I would take Kramer over Dawson. And also that we need to pay Kramer a whole lot more and expand the S&C staff so that we can have more specialized trainers for different sports/genders and create an NDSU S&C culture that's not built solely around a single coach. NDSU has 4 S&C coaches, K-State has 11.

Here's what I mean about the difference in careers between Kramer and Dawson. Kramer was interested in training/conditioning from the beginning. A bachelors in PhyEd from UW-La Crosse was immediately followed by a masters in exercise science at App St where he also worked as a S&C grad assistant. He then goes to Georgia Tech for five years as a player development coach. After GT, he creates the S&C program at Northern Iowa(earning a national S&C coach of the year honor in the process) before spending a year and a half at the US Olympic Training Center helping to develop the Performance Enhancement Teams before coming to NDSU. This feels like a guy always on the cutting edge of things.

By contrast, Dawson started as a football player. He got his business bachelors while playing for Oklahoma. While getting his MBA from Oklahoma, he worked as a grad assistant and then became a S&C assistant coach there. After five years at Oklahoma, he spent two months interning with the Dallas Cowboys, five months as team administrator of the XFL LV Outlaws, two years at Minnesota as head strength coach, then six years at Kansas doing the same, all before taking his current job at K-State. I just don't see any outside-the-box work on that resume, and Minnesota and Kansas aren't exactly known for putting exceptionally conditioned teams on the field.

Now this is just a cursory look at their careers without knowing what other work they've done to stay on top of the science of S&C, but I don't see anything that would make me want Dawson over Kramer. And they're almost the same age, so it's not like one has a decade or more experience than the other. On paper it looks like the main reason they are in such different places today is just due to Dawson playing at Oklahoma and getting those early contacts, while Kramer started at a DIII and had to work his way up on his own.

But that's all just an outsider's look.

Bison bison
12-17-2018, 03:15 AM
Got confirmation on one coach going to kstate. Assume the lid is officially off.

MAKBison
12-17-2018, 03:20 AM
Got confirmation on one coach going to kstate. Assume the lid is officially off.

And???????????

stevdock
12-17-2018, 03:21 AM
If Kramer does decide to go with (I personally don't think he will), do we have anyone who has worked under Kramer who can keep the truck rolling here?

This might be the biggest position to fill outside of head coach.

Jay
12-17-2018, 03:21 AM
If Kramer does decide to go with (I personally don't think he will), do we have anyone who has worked under Kramer who can keep the truck rolling here?

This might be the biggest position to fill outside of head coach.

Ryan Napoli, currently at SEMO.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 03:23 AM
Ryan Napoli, currently at SEMO.

Yep, he'll do.

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Ryan-Napoli.jpg

CalBison97
12-17-2018, 03:57 AM

Bisonville turning into Facebook. What’s the purpose of a post like this?

Bison bison
12-17-2018, 04:08 AM
That we should know by noon tomorrow who's leaving.

EC8CH
12-17-2018, 04:14 AM
If Mess, and Riley are both gone, where does Entz go to build up the offensive staff? Seems like there would need to be some new blood pumped into the system.

Agree with CAS this will be biggest hire considering offense will be replacing a lot next year.

56BISON73
12-17-2018, 04:42 AM
If Mess, and Riley are both gone, where does Entz go to build up the offensive staff? Seems like there would need to be some new blood pumped into the system.

Agree with CAS this will be biggest hire considering offense will be replacing a lot next year.

You can bet there are a bunch of coaches who have thrown their hats in the ring. Not to mention all of the coaches hes knows from being in the profession for so long.

B. b. bison
12-17-2018, 04:44 AM
Yep, he'll do.

https://i.imgur.com/ixieMOC.png

EC8CH
12-17-2018, 04:49 AM
You can bet there are a bunch of coaches who have thrown their hats in the ring. Not to mention all of the coaches hes knows from being in the profession for so long.

Seems like so far the coaching transition has been as predictable as possible. Will be interesting to see if there are any surprises with the possible replacement hires. Hopefully good surprises.

BisonTeacher
12-17-2018, 12:17 PM
5 pages and no updates. I love bisonville.

Vet70
12-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Bisonville turning into Facebook. What’s the purpose of a post like this?

What is the purpose of all of the posts that are pure speculation? :rofl:

Jay
12-17-2018, 03:30 PM
K-state 247 ($) Projecting Klieman's Staff:

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/LongFormArticle/Chris-Klieman-coach-Kansas-State-coaching-staff-projection-analysis-126433921/#126433921_1

bruinbison
12-17-2018, 03:38 PM
K-state 247 ($) Projecting Klieman's Staff:

https://247sports.com/college/kansas-state/LongFormArticle/Chris-Klieman-coach-Kansas-State-coaching-staff-projection-analysis-126433921/#126433921_1

Was just going to post on 247’s projections - so will only say there is one surprise guesstimate by 247 at LB Coach - and his wife is a better athlete than he is :)

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 03:44 PM
Was just going to post on 247’s projections - so will only say there is one surprise guesstimate by 247 at LB Coach - and his wife is a better athlete than he is :)

That's been the worst kept secret this whole process.

Bison20
12-17-2018, 03:56 PM

So who are they thinking is leaving? You have to subscribe to read it.

tolnabison
12-17-2018, 03:58 PM

Coach Riley and Coach Klanderman. Along with Hank Jacobs, which we already knew.

Also had them hiring Grant Olson to coach LBs and former Bison coach/current Fresno St D-Tackle Coach Jamar Cain.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 03:58 PM

I was talking about Grant Olson coming back to coach the LB's or something. That was in the mix even before Entz got named.

No, I'm not paying for content. I never do.

Professor Chaos
12-17-2018, 04:03 PM
I was talking about Grant Olson coming back to coach the LB's or something. That was in the mix even before Entz got named.

No, I'm not paying for content. I never do.
Their projection wasn't that Grant Olson would be going to NDSU to coach LBs. Think bigger...

IndyBison
12-17-2018, 04:07 PM
Their projection wasn't that Grant Olson would be going to NDSU to coach LBs. Think bigger...

OL and DL are bigger than LBs generally.

:rimshot::rimshot::bow:

Sorry...couldn't resist. I got to meet Grant a couple times at ISU scrimmages. I wish him the best of luck wherever he goes.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 04:08 PM

That's why I said or something.

ndsubison1
12-17-2018, 04:10 PM

Didn't see any talk about it on here

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 04:12 PM
Didn't see any talk about it on here

Literally mentioned on the 3rd post of this thread. Also, extensively on the CK and ME threads.

Mr. Burgundy
12-17-2018, 04:20 PM
I feel like Grant Olson is going to one of the spots, and I have no idea if the LB position coach is available at KSU or not, but it is here. I feel like this will happen quickly.

If it is true that we lose Riley and Klanderman.....that would mean we keep Messingham (which would SHOCK ME), Goesser, Buddha, Jay Ray, Tyler and Randy Hedberg...... and Entz would be in a great position. I am hoping to keep either Klanderman or Goesser and have them at DC. Both are very deserving. Again, I would be absolutely shocked if Mess doesn't go in some capacity to KSU. Things have to happen quickly. I wish this wasn't signing day week, as things are crazy. So much on the plate of both head coaches.

I really think Tyler ends up the OC, with Randy in his hip pocket. THey are a great team already. Riley is bigtime and everyone knows that. I am interested in who we fill the O Line coach with. I want SOME new blood on the staff. Grant would be great at LB coach...but some new blood is great...and CK did an amazing job bringing in new blood that fit. Messingham, Jamar Cain, Jay Ray, etc. An amazing job of replacing coaches after we lost some over the years.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 04:22 PM
I feel like Grant Olson is going to one of the spots, and I have no idea if the LB position coach is available at KSU or not, but it is here. I feel like this will happen quickly.

If it is true that we lose Riley and Klanderman.....that would mean we keep Messingham (which would SHOCK ME), Goesser, Buddha, Jay Ray, Tyler and Randy Hedberg...... and Entz would be in a great position. I am hoping to keep either Klanderman or Goesser and have them at DC. Both are very deserving. Again, I would be absolutely shocked if Mess doesn't go in some capacity to KSU. Things have to happen quickly. I wish this wasn't signing day week, as things are crazy. So much on the plate of both head coaches.

I really think Tyler ends up the OC, with Randy in his hip pocket. THey are a great team already. Riley is bigtime and everyone knows that. I am interested in who we fill the O Line coach with. I want SOME new blood on the staff. Grant would be great at LB coach...but some new blood is great...and CK did an amazing job bringing in new blood that fit. Messingham, Jamar Cain, Jay Ray, etc. An amazing job of replacing coaches after we lost some over the years.

Keeping Hedberg would mitigate any misgivings that can be had for Tyler's relative inexperience. I like that combination.

Winning is Gr8
12-17-2018, 04:29 PM
i think Mess stays for 1-2 years to help continuity (I think CK wants to Help Entz as much as he can while bring some assistance that can help teach right away) This also gives time for CK to see who on the KSU staff is good and who can go and when an opening happens he will bring Mess (next year or the year after) . Then Tyler becomes OC. This is great news for NDSU as with a new QB next year having Mess, Tyler and Randy all there will definitely be good.

A new OL coach now isn't the worst thing for us as we have experience and the new coach can hopefully mesh and continue the success.

ndsubison1
12-17-2018, 04:30 PM
Literally mentioned on the 3rd post of this thread. Also, extensively on the CK and ME threads.

Not of Grant to KSU.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 04:33 PM
Not of Grant to KSU.

So I learned a few minutes ago. I was talking about Grand to NDSU. see my sig.

BadlandsBison
12-17-2018, 04:55 PM
Goeser, Klanderman, Mess, Riley

We need to keep at least ONE of those 4 or things might get a little shaky...

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 05:01 PM
Goeser, Klanderman, Mess, Riley

We need to keep at least ONE of those 4 or things might get a little shaky...

Not worried. This is a premier destination for coaches with a top 5% salary expectation.

1998braves64
12-17-2018, 05:29 PM
I'd say Roehl might be a good candidate to leave and experience another location, and actually might help him if option ever opens up for him to come back and be a HC here. But he might have to fight GO for that position as they're about on the same timeline.

Any word on GO coming back to NDSU? Maybe they wait until he gets DC at ISUb (or somewhere else?) to lure him home?

Edit: Sorry was still on page 2 or 3. :facepalm:

HerdBot
12-17-2018, 06:21 PM

Jamar Cain was a DC at Wyoming under Dave Christensen. Hes a fan favorite here too

mtoutfitter
12-17-2018, 06:46 PM
Jamar Cain was a DC at Wyoming under Dave Christensen. Hes a fan favorite here too

Wasn't he also Special Teams coach here....seem to remember some grumbling about maybe not doing a very good job at that....could be wrong tho.

BisonLaw
12-17-2018, 06:57 PM
Roehl, Mess, Goeser, and Hedberg present for Entz press conference today if that means anything.

BadlandsBison
12-17-2018, 07:17 PM
Roehl, Mess, Goeser, and Hedberg present for Entz press conference today if that means anything.

Entz just said they are staying

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 07:20 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/3o72EUhWnSSfsghAbe/giphy.gif

HerdBot
12-17-2018, 07:22 PM
He didn't say those 4 coaches are staying, he said as of now, the only open position is Defensive Coordinator. Obviously that is a blanket statement

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2018, 07:23 PM

So, goeser DC?

Bisonator98
12-17-2018, 07:26 PM
Wasn't he also Special Teams coach here....seem to remember some grumbling about maybe not doing a very good job at that....could be wrong tho.

No that was Atif.

Bisonator98
12-17-2018, 07:27 PM

Not exactly.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 07:29 PM
He didn't say those 4 coaches are staying, he said as of now, the only open position is Defensive Coordinator. Obviously that is a blanket statement

When asked about his assistants and the timeline, he said "Right now, they're all standing in the back of the room so the timeline is now" So it seems at least those coaches in attendance are in.

mtoutfitter
12-17-2018, 07:29 PM
No that was Atif.

Thank You for the correction.

EC8CH
12-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Kolpack: "Assistants Matt, Timeline?"

Entz: "Well right now they're all standing in the back of the room, so the timeline is now."

BadlandsBison
12-17-2018, 07:30 PM
Like Bot said, Entz left some ambiguity on staff openings. I would interpret as they are now waiting on Klieman.

IMHO its safe to assume those coaches in the room are staying.

EC8CH
12-17-2018, 07:35 PM
"Do you have any idea how many openings there might be on your staff from Chris moving on or are you still working through that"

"At this time the only opening I know of is the one I left"

THEsocalledfan
12-17-2018, 07:37 PM
"Do you have any idea how many openings there might be on your staff from Chris moving on or are you still working through that"

"At this time the only opening I know of is the one I left"

Very clever. And clearly a canned answer.

Rixen
12-17-2018, 07:42 PM
Know that we will lose some talented coaches but I will echo the others. I will be THRILLED if Mess stays. I would probably rank Mess as my #1 or #2 priority just because Entz is a defensive minded coach and he could mentor or work closely with a new DC. Keeping our OC would alleviate a lot of anxiety for me as he did an excellent job.

Really hope we get some clarity soon though. Hoping for Mess, Goeser, Roehl, Hedberg and Kramer. To be clear for all the coaches reading this, thanks for everything and we will gladly keep whoever wants to stay!

HerdBot
12-17-2018, 08:08 PM
Know that we will lose some talented coaches but I will echo the others. I will be THRILLED if Mess stays. I would probably rank Mess as my #1 or #2 priority just because Entz is a defensive minded coach and he could mentor or work closely with a new DC. Keeping our OC would alleviate a lot of anxiety for me as he did an excellent job.

Really hope we get some clarity soon though. Hoping for Mess, Goeser, Roehl, Hedberg and Kramer. To be clear for all the coaches reading this, thanks for everything and we will gladly keep whoever wants to stay!

Mess is #1 because it keeps all the systems in place and gives other coaches some time to get comfortable in their new roles. Everyone knows Mess will be on a short list for K State

gunner56
12-17-2018, 08:31 PM
I really wish someone could dig up some positive insider info on Kramer.

HerdBot
12-17-2018, 08:35 PM
I really wish someone could dig up some positive insider info on Kramer.

On Twitter, he followed a barber in Mississippi who is friends with an insurance agent in Kansas City who is an alumni of K State whose 3rd cousin's ex girlfriend knew someone who worked in the athletic department

thunderingherd
12-17-2018, 08:36 PM
I wonder if the assistants that were NOT at the press conference have already been locked in at KSU? And keeping everything under wraps for NDSU and KSU coaching moves until after this signing date. CK locking in his recruits and ME locking in his without stirring the pot?

HerdBot
12-17-2018, 08:51 PM
I wonder if the assistants that were NOT at the press conference have already been locked in at KSU? And keeping everything under wraps for NDSU and KSU coaching moves until after this signing date. CK locking in his recruits and ME locking in his without stirring the pot?

I think it's going to be just like most of us have predicted.

Bisonwinagn
12-17-2018, 08:57 PM

This is what I've been saying for the last several days. Plus with recruiting over the weekend today is the first day Klieman had a chance to interview anyone.

KC Bison
12-17-2018, 09:10 PM
What do take from the N. Texas coach that didn't come because he wanted to bring his whole staff with him? Does that mean that Chris will be able to only bring the positions that are available, given the current staff that is already in place?

BadlandsBison
12-17-2018, 09:25 PM
What do take from the N. Texas coach that didn't come because he wanted to bring his whole staff with him? Does that mean that Chris will be able to only bring the positions that are available, given the current staff that is already in place?

K-state guys are saying that coordinators are staying in place for now along with most of the defensive staff. Offensive staff will see some changes.

BisonNation11
12-17-2018, 09:25 PM

Gene said all positions are open. Chris is welcome to bring whomever he likes. Gene simply stated that all of the previous coaches are available to remain on staff/interview with Chris. So some will stay with KSU, some won't. Who knows, maybe he finds roles for everyone. I'm thinking the N. Texas guy didn't see KState as a destination job. More of a stepping stone and wanted an easy way out when they time came. Gene didn't want that.

NDSU1980
12-17-2018, 09:52 PM
Maybe I missed it, and I humbly apologize if I did, but WHAT ABOUT KRAMER?

MAKBison
12-17-2018, 09:57 PM
Maybe I missed it, and I humbly apologize if I did, but WHAT ABOUT KRAMER?

For HR purposes I believe he is a state employee. I am sure he is under Larson and not Entz. But to answer your questions....NO ONE KNOWS :-)

MAKBison
12-17-2018, 10:03 PM
What do take from the N. Texas coach that didn't come because he wanted to bring his whole staff with him? Does that mean that Chris will be able only to bring the positions that are available, given the current staff that is already in place?

FYI...this has been widely reported now....you have to accept the KSU coordinators is and always was FAKE NEWS.
The guy you speak of pulled out cuz he was not sure in. His agent made up the rational as for why he pulled out, which again is FAKE NEWS. the real reason he pulled out is he did not want to potentially lose the job to an FCS guy....his team thought it would lower his stock. Hence the fake news runor was created. BTW....This all comes from the KSU local news beat wirtter that has been 100% right with all of his info throughout this.

westriver bison
12-17-2018, 11:27 PM
K-state guys are saying that coordinators are staying in place for now along with most of the defensive staff. Offensive staff will see some changes.

The Kstate guys on message boards are speculating just like everyone else.

BadlandsBison
12-17-2018, 11:36 PM
The Kstate guys on message boards are speculating just like everyone else.

I know. We will find out soon enough.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 11:45 PM
Remember, CK has a larger pool than just the NDSU coaches. Likely people with good recruiting for the areas they need.

NDSUstudent
12-17-2018, 11:45 PM
I think Klieman would be making a big mistake if he doesn't bring in his own coordinators. His first call should be to Hazelton.

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 12:04 AM

CK can bring anyone he wants to.

BisonLaw
12-18-2018, 12:20 AM

Pic from today's press conference from the Forum website.

23Bison
12-18-2018, 12:26 AM
I can about imagine what they had to say about it.

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 12:27 AM

Well that's everybody. Can't be everybody.

Weird looks on their faces.

DakotaOkie
12-18-2018, 12:27 AM

Jeez, that is not a crew that seems very happy about anything.

EC8CH
12-18-2018, 12:28 AM
Well that's everybody. Can't be everybody.

Weird looks on their faces.

Winter camp game face.

BisonLaw
12-18-2018, 12:30 AM
I wouldn't look to much into the looks on their faces. Rob Sobolik (I believe?) and the random old guy in the background have the same random look. Don't even know who was talking when the pic was taken. I think what is most telling is that they all showed up to support, regardless of whether they're staying or going.

Professor Chaos
12-18-2018, 12:36 AM
It was probably taken right after McFeely asked a question. /notpurple

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 12:39 AM
Too be candid, not everyone is 100% in on the hire.

And Mrs. Entz needs to get the hell off Twitter, as do a number of players. No, I don’t follow them. Others that I do follow re-tweet their posts.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2018, 12:43 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;1323885]Too be candid, not everyone is 100% in on the hire.

And Mrs. Entz needs to get the hell off Twitter, as do a number of players. No, I don’t follow them. Others that I do follow re-tweet their posts.

There is no hire that would make 100% everyone happy.

SDbison
12-18-2018, 12:54 AM
[QUOTE=CAS4127;1323885]Too be candid, not everyone is 100% in on the hire.

There is no hire that would make 100% everyone happy. How very true. Not to mention who knows how things are going to.turn out for the new staff (who is promoted, who takes job with Klieman or elsewhere and who was or will be over-looked). All these coaches work their ass off to make the Bison the best football program in the country!

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 01:01 AM
I wouldn't look to much into the looks on their faces. Rob Sobolik (I believe?) and the random old guy in the background have the same random look. Don't even know who was talking when the pic was taken. I think what is most telling is that they all showed up to support, regardless of whether they're staying or going.

The random old guy is a huge Bison supporter$$$$$$$$$ that used to own Fargo Wire and Harness.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 01:04 AM
The random old guy is a huge Bison supporter$$$$$$$$$ that used to own Fargo Wire and Harness.

Fargo Assembly??!

BFKasper14
12-18-2018, 01:06 AM

Any details regarding the first statement?

roadwarrior
12-18-2018, 01:07 AM
Fargo Assembly??

Yes...…...

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-18-2018, 01:07 AM
8704Pic from today's press conference from the Forum website.

I didn't see this in the forum. Do you have the original link?

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 01:10 AM
There is nothing out of line on Brenda Entz's Twitter feed.

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-18-2018, 01:10 AM
I didn't see this in the forum. Do you have the original link?

Never mind. Found it. Hard to read much into that, IMO

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 01:12 AM
Yes...…...

He and his wife have been huge NDSU supporters going way back, and I mean WAY back. Very nice people too.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 01:13 AM
Any details regarding the first statement?

No, other than I’m not referring to current coaches, staff or anyone else in the pic. Just to be clear.

Honeybooboo
12-18-2018, 01:16 AM

What has she tweeted that is so bad....I haven't saw anything bad

BFKasper14
12-18-2018, 01:18 AM
No, other than I’m not referring to current coaches, staff or anyone else in the pic. Just to be clear.

Gotcha. Thanks for that! I was thinking maybe some of the coaches were sour about it. Good to know.

Mr. Burgundy
12-18-2018, 01:20 AM
He and his wife have been huge NDSU supporters going way back, and I mean WAY back. Very nice people too.

Agreed, they are great people!!! Big time supporters!

scottietohottie
12-18-2018, 01:27 AM

Somebody show them an old irrelevant nickel?

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 01:38 AM
Fargo Assembly??!

Yep...thats it.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 01:48 AM
Agreed, they are great people!!! Big time supporters!

Would you also agree that this isn’t a “CK-like” hire, in that Entz, at least right now, is not nearly as polished and ready as CK and family was/were when he was hired. And, this is a ML hire, not a GT hire—I’ve put a lot of thought into that personally. And yeah, I’m a bit concerned, as are others.

HerdBot
12-18-2018, 01:49 AM

Pic from today's press conference from the Forum website.8707

If you look at this picture, nobody looks happy but obviously everyone is.

HerdBot
12-18-2018, 01:51 AM
Jeez, that is not a crew that seems very happy about anything.

So are you saying Matt Entz, Matt Larson, and the Prez arent happy? Cmon silly speculation. The Foolum easily manipulates the simple minded people

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=8707&d=1545101279

HerdBot
12-18-2018, 01:57 AM
Would you also agree that this isn’t a “CK-like” hire, in that Entz, at least right now, is not nearly as polished and ready as CK and family was/were when he was hired. And, this is a ML hire, not a GT hire—I’ve put a lot of thought into that personally. And yeah, I’m a bit concerned, as are others.

I think Entz has been around great coaches his entire life. He even saw the exact same process unfold. Klieman wasnt that polished right away. His on camera and press conferences used to be awkward compared to Bohl. He even almost forgot to take a timeout in his first game and kept interfering with the Coordinators. Now he is polished as hell

NDSUstudent
12-18-2018, 01:59 AM
There was no CK-like hire, Entz is probably as close to it as we could get though.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 02:09 AM

What post are u talking about? Ms. Entz has posted nothing any sane person would balk at.

wagsabison
12-18-2018, 02:10 AM
We’ll definitely hit a few road bumps next year and there will be some growing pains. College football has turnover and we’ll see how well we do this go around.

StL Bison Fan
12-18-2018, 02:11 AM
I think Entz has been around great coaches his entire life. He even saw the exact same process unfold. Klieman wasnt that polished right away. His on camera and press conferences used to be awkward compared to Bohl. He even almost forgot to take a timeout in his first game and kept interfering with the Coordinators. Now he is polished as hell

We got Coach K through the rough times of the poorly tied tie.

2011BisonAlumni
12-18-2018, 02:13 AM

Eh I don’t know. Was Klieman really that polished?

We all had some concerns about Klieman. More or less, he been a DB coach save for 2 years as a defensive coordinator at NDSU and one year with a losing record as a head coach at a D3 school.

TAILG8R
12-18-2018, 02:18 AM
Those were pretty damn bad. It's like he was trying to wring the life out of those suckers.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

BisonLaw
12-18-2018, 02:32 AM
Well, Mrs. Entz's tweets are protected now.

Bisonville strikes again.

JMB
12-18-2018, 02:34 AM

Sounds like it is a lesson well learned.. :)

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 02:39 AM
I hope nobody harassed her. There was nothing wrong with her Twitter feed.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 02:42 AM

Good!! And I hope she quits replying to player tweets and that players quit the tweeting, at least until Natty is done. Sproles is the worst, and he really hasn’t shown up yet on the field. Hopefully he steps it up next year and we can use him to replace Shep, which will be really big shoes for him to fill.

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 02:43 AM

I didnt think CK was all that comfortable in front of the camera when he was first hired. Hedidnt look comfortable in a suit. At the end he was pretty slick. Entz will find his way also.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 02:44 AM
Eh I don’t know. Was Klieman really that polished?

We all had some concerns about Klieman. More or less, he been a DB coach save for 2 years as a defensive coordinator at NDSU and one year with a losing record as a head coach at a D3 school.

He and his family were humble and respected the tradition of NDSU. Could not care less about the balance of your post.

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 02:48 AM

Bisonville always has to Bisonville.

Ndsu84
12-18-2018, 02:50 AM

Ha!

My wife used to say you can tell Straus took over Klieman’s wardrobe. :)

Honeybooboo
12-18-2018, 02:52 AM
Good!! And I hope she quits replying to player tweets and that players quit the tweeting, at least until Natty is done. Sproles is the worst, and he really hasn’t shown up yet on the field. Hopefully he steps it up next year and we can use him to replace Shep, which will be really big shoes for him to fill.

Sproles has not put anything negative out on social media, I think your missing something

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 02:56 AM
Sproles has not put anything negative out on social media, I think your missing something

https://media.makeameme.org/created/forget-it-hes-nqunii.jpg

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 02:58 AM

No, I’m not missing anything, and that’s the problem. He just needs to shut it down IMO. Way to active on social media from what I’ve seen and want (again, I don’t follow him, but people like so-called and other do and re-tweet). I don’t see shit from Stick, Shep, Bruce etc. Get what I mean?

thunderingherd
12-18-2018, 02:59 AM

Wow. Im relieved someone called the twitter police. Go to bed

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 02:59 AM

The only tweet I could find that matches what you seem to be hyperventilating over is a pic of the players rushing the stands after the win. The caption reads: Why NDSU, this is why #family

All the rest of his post are generic family etc. What's the problem?

<blockquote cl

Honeybooboo
12-18-2018, 03:00 AM
https://media.makeameme.org/created/forget-it-hes-nqunii.jpg

I just don't see anything wrong with Phoenix congratulating his cousin on a verbal to Umary today, and calling NDSU a Family

But apparently he needs to play better to earn the right to tweet...lol my god

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:02 AM
Wow. Im relieved someone called the twitter police. Go to bed

Huh? Just stated my opinion—apparently it may have resonated somewhere.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:03 AM
This seems to be the tweet in question

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why NDSU?<br>This is why...... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Family?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Family</a> <a href="https://t.co/fMZ05NaAxx">pic.twitter.com/fMZ05NaAxx</a></p>— Phoenix Sproles (@PSproles) <a href="https://twitter.com/PSproles/status/1074459609153314816?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 17, 2018</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yeah, that makes it clear ....

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 03:04 AM
All I've seen from Twitter is that this team is a huge family and that players, coaches, and their families all buy into it.

Pardon me while I find a fainting couch.

Professor Chaos
12-18-2018, 03:05 AM
No, I’m not missing anything, and that’s the problem. He just needs to shut it down IMO. Way to active on social media from what I’ve seen and want (again, I don’t follow him, but people like so-called and other do and re-tweet). I don’t see shit from Stick, Shep, Bruce etc. Get what I mean?
Activity on social media (as long as it's not done during games/practices/etc) has little to no impact on performance on the field from a player and especially from a coach's wife. If it bothers you that much maybe you should spend less time on social media.

Twincitybizon
12-18-2018, 03:06 AM

Grrrrr . Get off my lawn.... You sounds old.... Have a pbr and relax eh

Bison bison
12-18-2018, 03:09 AM
These kids better not be making any long distance phone calls either.

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 03:10 AM
Activity on social media (as long as it's not done during games/practices/etc) has little to no impact on performance on the field from a player and especially from a coach's wife. If it bothers you that much maybe you should spend less time on social media.

What he is alluding to is the perception one could get from a few misspoken words. After its been posted you can never retract it no matter how innocent the person posting it thought the post was.We had a player a few years ago posting on who was injured. Stupid shit like that can get you in to trouble.
Others can misconstrue what was said. Nothing good comes out of it.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:11 AM
Yeah, that makes it clear ....

I fixed it

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:12 AM
What he is alluding to is the perception one could get from a few misspoken words. After its been posted you can never retract it no matter how innocent the person posting it thought the post was.We had a player a few years ago posting on who was injured. Stupid shit like that can get you in to trouble.

And he is doing nothing close that.

One pic with the players celebrating with the students and the caption " why ndsu #family"

What's more someone tweeted him about being good and he tweets back?..."its about the Team"

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:14 AM

Pretty sure he posted within 5-10 mins of the SDSU win (from what I saw from re-tweets from people that post here), which means he was in locker room with “his” team. Yeah, that’s a solid teammate. Run to your phone and call for attention. Nah, do it on the field and you don’t have to do that.

Professor Chaos
12-18-2018, 03:18 AM
Fair enough and that's a good point. The content of tweets can be questioned. That Lehigh receiver that got suspended for a tweet a few years back is evidence enough of that.

But I don't see an issue with Sproles in particular. He's got coaches following him so I'm sure there's checks in place there.

El_Chapo
12-18-2018, 03:18 AM
Pretty sure he posted within 5-10 mins of the SDSU win (from what I saw from re-tweets from people that post here), which means he was in locker room with “his” team. Yeah, that’s a solid teammate. Run to your phone and call for attention. Nah, do it on the field and you don’t have to do that.

Sure hope Pheonix and the rest don't fly to Miami and take a picture on a yacht!! (ODJ of Giants 3 years ago)

I follow every single player, everything is good, even Aaron Mercadel sliding into hottie's DM's... LOL.

Bison bison
12-18-2018, 03:19 AM
It was 24 minutes.

This is how many communicate.

Shocked if he was the only one with his phone out by then. And who cares if he was?

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:20 AM
Pretty sure he posted within 5-10 mins of the SDSU win (from what I saw from re-tweets from people that post here), which means he was in the locker room with “his” team. Yeah, that’s a solid teammate. Run to your phone and call for attention. Nah, do it on the field and you don’t have to do that.

One tweet about going to Frisco a retweet of the official NDsU tweet and a tweet congratulating stick which was a official fcs retweet.

Not seeing it.....trying to, but can't find the there.

Honeybooboo
12-18-2018, 03:23 AM
Lol..someone on the joose tonight??

Professor Chaos
12-18-2018, 03:24 AM

Ok, I see where you're coming from and I'd agree that's not the best time to be pulling out your phone. If anything a quick word from a coach should be all that's needed since it was harmless enough in that situation.

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 03:26 AM
For someone who doesn't follow Twitter, that's quite the forensic accounting job.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:30 AM
Ok, I see where you're coming from and I'd agree that's not the best time to be pulling out your phone. If anything a quick word from a coach should be all that's needed since it was harmless enough in that situation.

I call bs.....first chuck was pissed about the #family pic. Now it's because it was too soon after a game. Whatever.....dude is just in a mood.

The pregame retweet between PS and his dad must really be bugging u CAS. I mean How could he be focused on the game. Lol

Vet70
12-18-2018, 03:30 AM
I've said it before---anyone who spends any time on social media is an idiot.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:31 AM
For someone who doesn't follow Twitter, that's quite the forensic accounting job.

I process quickly.

PattyBison
12-18-2018, 03:31 AM

Meh. 5 years ago a lot of players were really active on twitter. Twitter isn't the most popular with the current batch of college kids. I am sure there is a lot of social media activity that you don't see. This generation doesn't know any other reality.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:32 AM
I've said it before---anyone who spends any time on social media is an idiot.

Lmao!!

CAS4127
I call bs.....first chuck was pissed about the #family pic. Now it's because it was too soon after a game. Whatever.....dudes in a mood.

What family pic?

Bison bison
I process quickly.

And you were only off by 19 minutes!

Wally
I might have to sit out a few plays and try BV again in a week or so. Uff

MontBison
12-18-2018, 03:33 AM

Had and still has the worst haircut in the game. Who hacks off there sideburns like that?

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:37 AM
What family pic?

His dad twitted him wishing him and the team good look tonight. There is a pic with him and his dad on the field who knows when that was taken, but again who cares.

Bison bison
12-18-2018, 03:42 AM
Looks like it was on field - during a game!

Holy sh#t! Kids these days!!!

His dad tweeted it at 6.39 in morning. You know what that means!!!

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 03:44 AM

His dad tweeted it at 6.39 in morning. You know what that means!!!

Be nice. It's dark outside so he can't yell at any clouds until tomorrow.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:44 AM
And you were only off by 19 minutes!

Don’t think so and, any players who is out of locker room in less than 30 mins after a big, physical game is, well, trying to get out of locker room for a reason. If you haven’t been there, your wouldn’t understand.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:45 AM

This just in from SM aka The Devil's Tool

Grimsley, Johnson Named to Walter Camp FCS All-America Team

Bison bison
12-18-2018, 03:47 AM
Don’t think so and, any players who is out of locker room in less than 30 mins after a big, physical game is, well, trying to get out of locker room for a reason. If you haven’t been there, your wouldn’t understand.

It's a fact.

It's time stamped at 10.33. the game was over at 10.09 according to the box score. Took me all of three minutes to find this out.

I'm sure he posted it from the locker room.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:48 AM

U should of just stopped when we told ya u were being too sensitive. Tell me, u just didn't say....." You guys just don't understand ". OMG. This is getting uncomfortable u need someone to stop by Walgreens. Lol

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 03:51 AM
It's a fact.

It's time stamped at 10.33. the game was over at 10.09 according to the box score. Took me all of three minutes to find this out.

I'm sure he posted it from the locker room.

Perfect. Proves my point that he was posting will still locker room with “his”team!

Bison bison
12-18-2018, 03:53 AM
Who f#ckin cares!

Bison 4 Life
12-18-2018, 03:53 AM
If you haven’t been there, your wouldn’t understand.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/95a898eef5ab45dda0e2493333cc40cc/tenor.gif?itemid=3430376

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 03:57 AM
Who f#ckin cares!

Let me break this down 4 u.
He is.....

1) oversensitive
2) telling u that " u just don't understand"
3) getting upset cuz PS dared to multi task when his entire focus should have been on providing suppor ....despite the fact PS Was indeed providing support.
4) fixating on the time.... min by min.
5) being unreasonably and not logical
6) being judgmental about Entz's wife SM habits of being too supportive.
7) can't admit being wrong.

U get where I am going with this

Bison bison
12-18-2018, 03:59 AM
Fine. I'll quit. Hope you're happy, MAK.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 04:00 AM
Fine. I'll quit. Hope you're happy, MAK.
Good call.....I find it best to just let nature run its course. Lol

Bisonwinagn
12-18-2018, 05:34 AM
Jfc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Grow the fuck up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 05:49 AM
Good call.....I find it best to just let nature run its course. Lol

No you really dont let nature take its course like you are some innocent by stander. You always seem to lend a helping hand.:biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
12-18-2018, 11:35 AM
https://www.kansas.com/sports/college/big-12/kansas-state/article223215485.html

Sounds like Klieman is making some staff decisions this week; betting after signing day. I think we will have some clarity by Friday.

BisonCardinal
12-18-2018, 11:57 AM
Reading that kansas.com article, it would seem odd to have both Collin Klein and Randy Herberg, both QB coaches, on staff. I'm thinking Hedberg stays.

westriver bison
12-18-2018, 12:49 PM
Reading that kansas.com article, it would seem odd to have both Collin Klein and Randy Herberg, both QB coaches, on staff. I'm thinking Hedberg stays.

I don’t think Klein will be qb coach. Probably tight ends.

Professor Chaos
12-18-2018, 12:56 PM

Was that supposed to be purple???

Honeybooboo
12-18-2018, 12:59 PM

Really? Former star QB and current QB coach is going to be moved to TE coach??

I highly doubt it

BadlandsBison
12-18-2018, 01:17 PM
Gonna be a long week.

westriver bison
12-18-2018, 01:21 PM

I highly doubt it

He played quarterback more like a fullback, same with the quarterbacks he’s coached in Manhattan. He never threw the ball well and neither do the players he coached. Kstate’s system will change a lot. I don’t see them looking at the sideline when they are lined up to get the play.

Wally
12-18-2018, 01:34 PM

I highly doubt it

If a guys ultimate goal is to be an OC, it makes perfect sense that he may be a TE coach, an RB coach, etc along the way

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 02:14 PM
No you really dont let nature take its course like you are some innocent by stander. You always seem to lend a helping hand.:biggrin:

So are saying one needs to give cas a hug, be a good listener, maybe even pick some chocolate. I mean, I guess if I think it would help.

ndsubison1
12-18-2018, 02:14 PM
Dont have to play and coach the same position

IzzyFlexion
12-18-2018, 03:22 PM
I might have to sit out a few plays and try BV again in a week or so. Uff

Concussionville protocol?!?! :rofl:

GOBISON123
12-18-2018, 05:23 PM
He played quarterback more like a fullback, same with the quarterbacks he’s coached in Manhattan. He never threw the ball well and neither do the players he coached. Kstate’s system will change a lot. I don’t see them looking at the sideline when they are lined up to get the play.

He trained Eli Dunn the UNI QB while he was at UNI and Eli Dunn was okay this year.

TAILG8R
12-18-2018, 05:32 PM
He trained Eli Dunn the UNI QB while he was at UNI and Eli Dunn was okay this year.So Dunn was good after he was no longer coached by him?

:)

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
12-18-2018, 09:28 PM
So are saying one needs to give cas a hug, be a good listener, maybe even pick some chocolate. I mean, I guess if I think it would help.

Thats what you took from my post? :facepalm:

tjbison
12-18-2018, 09:31 PM
This thread got stupid....but go figure

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 10:21 PM
Thats what you took from my post? :facepalm:

Nay, I was just ignoring it. Given the uptick in the cred count last night, it seems my theme was a hit. A guys gotta Stick with what works, plus its funny cuz it was true

BisonTeacher
12-18-2018, 10:42 PM
This thread got stupid....but go figure

13 pages and no updates on coaches. Yeah...I'd say so.

MAKBison
12-18-2018, 11:02 PM
13 pages and no updates on coaches. Yeah...I'd say so.

Can't update until there is something to update

ndsubison1
12-18-2018, 11:08 PM
Urban Meyer to OC