PDA

View Full Version : How long does the post Klieman honeymoon last?

kab1one
12-12-2018, 09:00 PM
Everyone is praising Coach Klieman and NDSU on how well this has been handled versus Craig Bohl leaving. But when does that happy feeling start to fade? NDSU struggles and wins this weekend, does he get flack for being in Kansas 2 days? What if they lose? How is he viewed then?

How about when it comes out which coaches are going / who is staying? What conflict does that create? And lastly, what if some recruits or current players decide to leave?

If they can pull this off, great and more power to them. But whether its a banking, legal, accounting, etc I don't care what type of business relationship you choose, conflicts always come about if a person that is leaving sticks around to long.

BisonLaw
12-12-2018, 09:02 PM
Holy fucking hypothetical

Professor Chaos
12-12-2018, 09:07 PM
How long does this thread last before it's merged with the "pfft" thread?

Vet70
12-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Would he get flack? Yes. Should he? I don't think so. Really, how important is it that he be here for practices. If Mess and Entz can't handle things neither deserves to be the next coach. Coach K could be in Timbuktu and still be in close contact. I hear there are things like the internet, video chats, and phones.

Bison bison
12-12-2018, 09:11 PM
Assistant coaches don't do sh#t.

Case in point:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/41/ea/dd/41eadd93be7f2bf53021a8d63b10544f.jpg

bisonsupporter
12-12-2018, 09:15 PM
As soon as HC is named.

A player goes down, next man up. Same with coaches. And the program moves forward.

runtheoption
12-12-2018, 09:26 PM
This thread title and OP are like a Celine Dion song.

HerdBot
12-12-2018, 09:31 PM
I just want our new head coach to be named sooner than later. The sooner Klieman makes his hires, the sooner we can move on and hire our guy. Right now Friday night is the most important

Bisonfanatical
12-12-2018, 09:55 PM
How long does this thread last before it's merged with the "pfft" thread?

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNation11
12-12-2018, 09:57 PM
Forever. He did great things for the program and university. I will forever be thankful he was here, built us to what we are today, left about as well as you could all things considering and I will cheer for whatever team he coaches in the future (unless he goes to SDSU, Minnesota or Ohio St).

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-12-2018, 10:09 PM
Why so negative? Oh, that's right ...

2011BisonAlumni
12-12-2018, 10:21 PM
Easy depending on the situation

1.) If things go smoothly, Klieman is a great ambassador for NDSU going forward, does not cause a distraction to the team and we win another National Championship, I’ll never stop the honeymoon phase.

2.) If we lay a dud and blow a perfect season, I’ll probably forever have some resentment for the distraction it caused.

Thing that scares me now vs 2013 is that we have a real opponent in the semifinals

gabisonfan
12-12-2018, 10:32 PM
Good intentions never go unpunished. CK is always going to be a class act. Circumstances can always mess with outcomes.

Vet70
12-12-2018, 10:36 PM
Easy depending on the situation

1.) If things go smoothly, Klieman is a great ambassador for NDSU going forward, does not cause a distraction to the team and we win another National Championship, I’ll never stop the honeymoon phase.

2.) If we lay a dud and blow a perfect season, I’ll probably forever have some resentment for the distraction it caused.

Thing that scares me now vs 2013 is that we have a real opponent in the semifinals

If we lose I doubt that it will be because the team was distracted. I would be willing to bet that it is the fans that are distracted. No doubt among some Coach K will be the convenient scapegoat.

56BISON73
12-13-2018, 03:15 AM
Everyone is praising Coach Klieman and NDSU on how well this has been handled versus Craig Bohl leaving. But when does that happy feeling start to fade? NDSU struggles and wins this weekend, does he get flack for being in Kansas 2 days? What if they lose? How is he viewed then?

How about when it comes out which coaches are going / who is staying? What conflict does that create? And lastly, what if some recruits or current players decide to leave?

If they can pull this off, great and more power to them. But whether its a banking, legal, accounting, etc I don't care what type of business relationship you choose, conflicts always come about if a person that is leaving sticks around to long.

No conflict here on any of your made up talking points.

westnodak93bison
12-13-2018, 03:22 AM
Some believe an employee can't leave an employer and do double duty with integrity, keep a staff intact to do their job etc. We have some strong senior leadership. We know we have integrity in Gene, Matt and CK. Let it unfold. We are good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

MinotBison
12-13-2018, 03:50 AM
Some believe an employee can't leave an employer and do double duty with integrity, keep a staff intact to do their job etc. We have some strong senior leadership. We know we have integrity in Gene, Matt and CK. Let it unfold. We are good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Well said. Thank you.

BisonDude
12-13-2018, 03:56 AM
Gotta believe that CK knows the best, first impression he can make on his new school and fan base is to win one last title.

ndsubison1
12-13-2018, 03:59 AM

Nope. Everything is sunshine and rainbows.

2011BisonAlumni
12-13-2018, 04:09 AM
seems like most post honeymoon phases now end in one party being resentful of the other, which causes hate and you don’t feel the love anyone until the new hot piece comes into your life...

Alsen
12-13-2018, 05:50 AM
The king is dead.................

Long live the KING!!

Time to forget Klieman. He is already long gone in spirit.

Time to anoint the new majestic sovereign.

SDbison
12-13-2018, 11:30 AM
Already ended. Just watch one of the videos of Klieman wearing purple and talking to Kansas State players about Wildcat pride. No possible way to feel the same after viewing that. Glad for Klieman, but my team will always be the Bison. The game Friday is huge and anything but a win will be a negative towards Klieman. As for business, if he takes any of the best coaches, current players or recruits it will erode my opinion of him. I can still appreciate what Klieman accomplished, but how it ends could tarnish things.

CalBison97
12-13-2018, 11:31 AM
If we lose I doubt that it will be because the team was distracted. I would be willing to bet that it is the fans that are distracted. No doubt among some Coach K will be the convenient scapegoat.

I disagree. I believe we are far and away the stronger team. If we lose to the Jacks, at home, in the playoffs, the move will have played a major factor in the outcome. Our players and coaches have a lot on their minds, some with big decisions to make. No way our train gets derailed had all of this occurred upon conclusion of our season.

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2018, 11:50 AM
God damn, every time I think we can't be more Bisonville, we "RAISE THE BAR"

The student-athletes said they wanted CK to finish the season. That's their choice, not Bisonville's. Even if the younger guys didn't, you bet the senior captains did and that's good enough for me. He is working his ass off to help his new team and his old team. We won't be unprepared because he spent yesterday in Manhattan.

scottietohottie
12-13-2018, 11:59 AM
Honeymoon? Ah that's what Klieman will be doing with kstate once NDSU's football season is done.

BattleBorn
12-13-2018, 12:25 PM
Until the first loss.

thundarsdaddy
12-13-2018, 12:33 PM
Already ended. Just watch one of the videos of Klieman wearing purple and talking to Kansas State players about Wildcat pride. No possible way to feel the same after viewing that. Glad for Klieman, but my team will always be the Bison. The game Friday is huge and anything but a win will be a negative towards Klieman. As for business, if he takes any of the best coaches, current players or recruits it will erode my opinion of him. I can still appreciate what Klieman accomplished, but how it ends could tarnish things.

Exactly...HoneyMoon???

How can it be a Honeymoon, if one of the parties(CK) not only "checked-out" a third party, but they "hooked-up"??

And now they have plans of "shacking-up"?

I love Coach K, but as Bison-coaching-lore has it....we put the past in the past, and focus on the next game!!

HoneyMoon...shit!!

Vet70
12-13-2018, 12:53 PM
Like I posted earlier, we lose and there is already a built-in excuse.

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2018, 12:58 PM
I wonder what the point is of these threads trying to foster bitterness and resentment for CK. Would you rather be a fan of the Jacks? They're going to have their coach for 27 years when it's all said and done.

scottietohottie
12-13-2018, 01:14 PM
Let's put this thread to bed for a couple days and worry about the task at hand.

Could be one of the greatest teams in Bison history. Just need to finish it. I think the seniors could probably coach themselves by this point in the season. And we've got a lot of seniors.

Go Bison!

WeAreThePride
12-13-2018, 01:37 PM
What if a meteorite made of vibranium strikes the fargodome and hits the center logo?

What if What if What if

thunderingherd
12-13-2018, 02:25 PM
He's a NDSU great. He took a huge step up in his career. An absolute no-brainer and no resentment for that. Still an NDSU great. But as the shark tanks kevin oleary says, "your dead to me"...……... Next

Professor Chaos
12-13-2018, 02:32 PM
Klieman is an NDSU hall-of-famer just like Bohl will be. An interesting question might be who's inducted first? It'll take some time for those Bohl "exit wounds" to heal but Klieman will likely be in the profession longer into the future.

Bison 4 Life
12-13-2018, 02:33 PM
He's a NDSU great. He took a huge step up in his career. An absolute no-brainer and no resentment for that. Still an NDSU great. But as the shark tanks kevin oleary says, "your dead to me"...……... Next

Need to win two more dang days, then I don't care.

El_Chapo
12-13-2018, 03:14 PM
We are basically the mistress, he left for a hotter , richer wife with bigger boobs.

but ndsu still knows how to jerk his chain :) so he'll come back a few nights to hit it then quit it (IZZY!!)

We are below.. K State is J Lo .

Bisonator98
12-13-2018, 03:43 PM
I wonder what the point is of these threads trying to foster bitterness and resentment for CK. Would you rather be a fan of the Jacks? They're going to have their coach until he's dead or in prison for more DUI's

FIFY:rofl:

StL Bison Fan
12-13-2018, 05:31 PM
FIFY:rofl:

Sometimes the truth is pretty funny

KNOW IT ALL
12-13-2018, 06:17 PM
Until the first loss.

I for one am not anointing Klieman a success at KSU. He needs to rebuild a winning program there and not take over one loaded from top to bottom. He did a GREAT job with the program he was handed here now lets see how it goes for him at KSU, I think its 50/50 at best that he is any better after 3 years than they have been the past couple years under Schneider. He is only gonna be as good as the players he gets to come there!!!! Wish him well, wish he was done yesterday!

CalBison97
12-13-2018, 09:27 PM
I for one am not anointing Klieman a success at KSU. He needs to rebuild a winning program there and not take over one loaded from top to bottom. He did a GREAT job with the program he was handed here now lets see how it goes for him at KSU, I think its 50/50 at best that he is any better after 3 years than they have been the past couple years under Schneider. He is only gonna be as good as the players he gets to come there!!!! Wish him well, wish he was done yesterday!

Schneider??

Rock
12-14-2018, 02:40 AM
Looking like it will go on a while

MinotBison
12-14-2018, 03:48 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqjR8FN5Rg

As a bit of an aviation buff, I was curious what kind of jet it was that K State sent to pick up Klieman right after he was hired. Looks like maybe a fairly new Gulfstream.

SC_TX
12-14-2018, 04:29 AM

Agree with this. The big 12 isn't easy at all. No cupcake teams. Kansas will improve under Miles, ISU looks good with Campbell. Rhule has Baylor rebuilding and of course you have to deal with the Oklahoma monster and the growing Texas monster. WVU, TCU and OK State always solid.

GreenfieldBison
12-14-2018, 04:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NbqjR8FN5Rg

As a bit of an aviation buff, I was curious what kind of jet it was that K State sent to pick up Klieman right after he was hired. Looks like maybe a fairly new Gulfstream.

https://flightaware.com/resources/registration/N2018R

BigHorns
07-15-2023, 03:34 PM
Looks like Klieman will sign an 8 year, $44m deal with K State. Guess he will retire there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37555338/sources-k-state-finalizing-new-44-million-deal-chris-klieman

ByeSonBusiness
07-15-2023, 07:07 PM
Looks like Klieman will sign an 8 year, $44m deal with K State. Guess he will retire there.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/37555338/sources-k-state-finalizing-new-44-million-deal-chris-klieman

He'll leave if he gets a better job offer probably. Must be nice to have that guaranteed cash though

southcliffbison
07-15-2023, 11:24 PM
He'll leave if he gets a better job offer probably. Must be nice to have that guaranteed cash though

Doubtful. As long Gene Taylor is his AD, CK stays in Manhattan.

southcliffbison
07-15-2023, 11:26 PM
If I were Klieman, I'd worry about Taylor getting offered a better gig.

TAILG8R
07-16-2023, 12:11 AM

If he keeps winning he should hope Gene gets a bigger job.

mtoutfitter
07-16-2023, 12:15 AM

Taylor is 65. I'd be surprised if he left for another to school to keep on working.