PDA

View Full Version : The Clash! Will they stay or will they go?

Bison bison
12-12-2018, 05:41 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Who do you think will stay?

roadwarrior
12-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Obviously an oversight on your part, but I don't see my name on the poll.

Should I move to Manhattan and start over at game zero, or should I stay?

BisonNeil
12-12-2018, 06:57 PM

:D

11.chars

BisonNeil
12-12-2018, 06:58 PM

:D

11.chars

THEsocalledfan
12-12-2018, 07:20 PM

Clearly, start over. :) (You are expected on Friday!)

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2018, 07:22 PM

It’s about the team not any one fan. You’re already in so I expect to see you Friday. Besides, you don’t look like a guy from Kansas.

StL Bison Fan
12-12-2018, 11:31 PM
Mcfeely tweet:

Another important cog in the NDSU machine the last few years, motivational/spiritual advisor Ben Newman, will have the same role at Kansas State, Klieman said today.

23Bison
12-12-2018, 11:36 PM
Haha, there it is folks the run is over! We lost Ben!!!

MAKBison
12-12-2018, 11:47 PM

It did not say we lost Ben, it said will have the same role. He works for a few different teams

2011BisonAlumni
12-12-2018, 11:52 PM
Mcfeely tweet:

Another important cog in the NDSU machine the last few years, motivational/spiritual advisor Ben Newman, will have the same role at Kansas State, Klieman said today.

No wonder the Fargo Forum has gone downhill. They payed that loser to drive to Manhattan Kansas to ask two questions that Klieman had already answered. He could have asked some tough questions....

“Chris, what do you say to the folks in Fargo who are devastated to see you go?”

“Chris, there were reports of your Director of Football Operations reaching out to K State recruits late Sunday night via social media. Did you know then you had the job?”

“Chris, what are your feelings regarding your time in Fargo and are you sad in anyways to leave?

“Chris, would you be open to scheduling a game against NDSU in the future?”

“Chris, what do you say to the underclassmen and recruits you are leaving behind at NDSU?”

Vet70
It did not say we lost Ben, it said will have the same role. He works for a few different teams

I don't like our motivational speaker splitting his time with other teams.

23Bison

Well that I didn’t actually know. Learn new things every day.

HerdBot
12-12-2018, 11:58 PM
Mcfeely tweet:

Ben Newman is not an important cog. Nice guy and good speaker but Ben Newman doesn't train, prep, or play the football games.

ndsubison1
12-13-2018, 12:07 AM
Messingham gone with his Big 12 experience

StL Bison Fan
12-13-2018, 12:09 AM
No wonder the Fargo Forum has gone downhill. They payed that loser to drive to Manhattan Kansas to ask two questions that Klieman had already answered. He could have asked some tough questions....

“Chris, what do you say to the folks in Fargo who are devastated to see you go?”

“Chris, there were reports of your Director of Football Operations reaching out to K State recruits late Sunday night via social media. Did you know then you had the job?”

“Chris, what are your feelings regarding your time in Fargo and are you sad in anyways to leave?

“Chris, would you be open to scheduling a game against NDSU in the future?”

“Chris, what do you say to the underclassmen and recruits you are leaving behind at NDSU?”

Actually, this mcfeely tweet/question is important:

Klieman on whether he would try to take current NDSU recruits with him to Kansas State: "That would be tough for me to do. It's something that we'll discuss over the weekend. Most of those kids chose North Dakota State because of North Dakota State."

89MTBISON
12-13-2018, 12:24 AM
I think Mess stays until Klieman can work through the Snyder holdovers. That guy is gonna be hard to follow, not because he was such an icon there, but because in the end it wasn't about the program/school, it was about Snyder and his clan. Lots of landmines to work through for Coach K.

bosco
12-13-2018, 12:25 AM

The second CK took the job ML should have helped you clean out your desk and sent you out the door. I know what would happen if I worked for company ABC and said I was taking a job with company XYZ.................you get the picture.

bosco
12-13-2018, 12:28 AM
I don't like our motivational speaker splitting his time with other teams.

Well then maybe you should do it!

NDSUstudent
12-13-2018, 12:37 AM
I think Mess stays until Klieman can work through the Snyder holdovers. That guy is gonna be hard to follow, not because he was such an icon there, but because in the end it wasn't about the program/school, it was about Snyder and his clan. Lots of landmines to work through for Coach K.

There may be some holdovers but I bet that Klieman will have his own OC and DC.

GFBison
12-13-2018, 02:29 AM
Obviously you are a program guy, so you will stay.

Rock
12-13-2018, 02:40 AM
Ben Newman is not an important cog. Nice guy and good speaker but Ben Newman doesn't train, prep, or play the football games.

He spoke at a conference I was at. Was stoked to hear some Bison stories and what he had learned from the program. Chose him over a very well thought of speaker and convinced some friends from Fargo to join me. Saw him in the hallway and flashed him the Horns and said Go Bison. He looked at me like I was speaking Dutch and flipping him off.

When he spoke mainly referenced the teams he worked with to pump himself up as if he was a very important cog for the Patriots, Alabama. Only mentioned NDSU as kind of an afterthought, maybe because it was in Indianapolis.

Didn’t touch on anything he learned from these great programs, but a lot about what he had brought them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noryan34
12-13-2018, 02:50 AM
Well that I didn’t actually know. Learn new things every day.

Taken directly from his website. He works with a lot of athletes.

Minnesota Vikings
Miami Dolphins
North Dakota State Bison Football
University of Iowa
Creighton University
Wake Forest University
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
University of Missouri

StL Bison Fan
12-13-2018, 02:53 AM
Taken directly from his website. He works with a lot of athletes.

Minnesota Vikings
Miami Dolphins
North Dakota State Bison Football
University of Iowa
Creighton University
Wake Forest University
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
University of Missouri

He lives in StL and works with the Cards

ndsubison1
12-13-2018, 04:02 AM
Colin Klein vs Hedberg. Very interesting.

HerdBoy
12-13-2018, 05:10 AM
If they go there will be trouble. If they stay it will be double.

Alsen
12-13-2018, 05:34 AM

https://www.bisonillustrated.com/ben-newman-ndsus-secret-weapon/

You are a fool to think this doesn't matter.

wagsabison
12-13-2018, 12:03 PM
He spoke at a conference I was at. Was stoked to hear some Bison stories and what he had learned from the program. Chose him over a very well thought of speaker and convinced some friends from Fargo to join me. Saw him in the hallway and flashed him the Horns and said Go Bison. He looked at me like I was speaking Dutch and flipping him off.

When he spoke mainly referenced the teams he worked with to pump himself up as if he was a very important cog for the Patriots, Alabama. Only mentioned NDSU as kind of an afterthought, maybe because it was in Indianapolis.

Didn’t touch on anything he learned from these great programs, but a lot about what he had brought them...

I’ve listened to some of his stuff and listened to others in the world of public speaking. I don’t think he’s that great but if it helps to get the kids to buy into the program it’s not all bad.

He was on the early days of the MFCEO podcast. Listen to him talk and listen to Andy Frisella talk. Ben is in the minor leagues compared to him.

EagleBison
12-13-2018, 12:11 PM

If you do move, Klieman IS the best recruiter in all of college football.