PDA

View Full Version : Legitimate ticket sales?

Sapper6
12-12-2018, 12:33 AM
Sorry to begin new thread if this has been discussed. The background here is this is some email traffic I have related to tickets for sale via craigslist. I have never purchased bison tickets via craigslist before and wanted to see if anyone would suggest staying away from this particular situation??

Seller is claiming they are print at home, I am however skeptical. Please take a look at the email screen shots and lemme know what you experts think.

Thanks in advance. Also looking for 2 tickets anywhere in the dome haha.

Also kinda frustrating if this is legit, that one seller got his hands on this many tickets. Side rant complete.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181212/1e859d3d65beeac164d250d007bafda4.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181212/351a6edc7594e9ac4f4f6651fa265ca8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2018, 12:34 AM
No fucking way is that legit.

EC8CH
12-12-2018, 12:35 AM
I'd force them to use the gobison ticket transfer tool. Then you'd be guaranteed the tickets are legit. If they won't, don't bite.

Sapper6
12-12-2018, 12:37 AM
No fucking way is that legit.

Haha that was my heat of the moment thought when I read that PayPal bs

Sapper6
12-12-2018, 12:43 AM
I'd force them to use the gobison ticket transfer tool. Then you'd be guaranteed the tickets are legit. If they won't, don't bite.

Thanks, I was unaware they had this tool. I sent them a request to use that.

Does NDSU even do print at home ? I’ve always had actual tickets sent to me.

Bison20
12-12-2018, 12:48 AM

Yes you can select to print at home. I did that for last weeks game

MNLonghorn10
12-12-2018, 12:48 AM
no way Id do this.

I had a deal with NDSU facebook ticket exchange today where the gal basically bought them from me on paypal and I emailed them the tickets. Sooooo easy to screw her over but the transaction was super easy and not a pain in the ass like some Ive dealt with

for sure Id use the gobison transfer program instead of buying from some random guy from emails/craigslist. especially with prices that cheap

EC8CH
12-12-2018, 12:56 AM

Yes print at home is a thing. If you use the transfer tool it will send you a new print at home ticket with a new barcode making any previously printed ticket's barcodes no longer valid. It's basically the only way to ensure you're the only one with the valid barcode if you're not the original buyer. Unless you trust the person you're buying from I'd use this tool.

BisonHorns
12-12-2018, 01:02 AM
Total scam! Don't give emails or paypal info. Someone tried to scam me pretending to buy tickets from me and asked for my paypal info so they could give a payment. Then they were trying to switch settings in my account. Turned out they were in New York running a scam.

Swaghook
12-12-2018, 01:04 AM
Anyone else notice it says for "Saturday's game". That seems to be a red flag right there to me.

CAS4127
12-12-2018, 01:18 AM
Anyone else notice it says for "Saturday's game". That seems to be a red flag right there to me.

There are so many red flags there that I’d need B4L’s job to have the time to post all of them. If that doesn’t speak volumes, I can’t help you.

Bison 4 Life
12-12-2018, 01:23 AM
There are so many red flags there that I’d need B4L’s job to have the time to post all of them. If that doesn’t speak volumes, I can’t help you.

https://pa1.narvii.com/5913/cf97c3f40fd661300eeef5e8c9398438fefb2105_hq.gif

Vet70
12-12-2018, 01:24 AM
https://i.imgur.com/TLdaChY.gif

KSBisonFan
12-12-2018, 11:31 AM
For Rabbit fans, disregard previous posts. Totally legit tickets. Time is running out!

Loud and Proud Bison fan
12-12-2018, 01:07 PM
Two of the sales are for section 29, rows GG and HH. That section only goes to FF.
The dome is finally expanding like we have all wanted for years!!

cbline
12-12-2018, 01:41 PM
Two of the sales are for section 29, rows GG and HH. That section only goes to FF.

Did I also see that this ticket offer included NEW AND IMPROVED pretzels???

KNOW IT ALL
12-12-2018, 01:58 PM
Sticking with off the topic a bit but relevant to it: The past few weeks attendance has been discussed a lot on this board. It makes us re-hash thoughts of building a bigger seated facility when defending, undefeated national championship teams have seats available during the playoffs. Local news said last night there were 2000 open seats last weekend, 16,000 attendance. Things wouldn't look so grand in a 25000 seat stadium in Sept and Oct for sure. Maybe change the Fargo Dome seating design in the end zone area's a bit to add a couple thousand and stay PAT. ???? The dome is a really nice building IMO

IzzyFlexion
12-12-2018, 07:28 PM

Good work Agent 86.....
I'm hopeful that an admin saw this post (by L&P Bison Fan) and immediately banned the OP.

Oh....and BTW.....that's wire fraud. Let's get this effer prosecuted.

Bisonville?
12-13-2018, 01:33 AM

I wanted to post an update on this - I actually emailed this seller on Craigslist as well and bought 2 tickets from him. His prices were just so much lower so that was a big red flag, but after we chatted on the phone he agreed to transfer the tickets to me FIRST using the official TicketTransfer thing on GoBison. I bought the ones in Row GG. Not sure where you're getting the info on Section 29 ending at FF but I checked the official GoBison.com seating chart and saw that the Section actually does go past Row FF (it has GG, HH, and II as well... II is the top row).

https://gobison.com/documents/2015/3/5//Football_Season_Ticket_Seating_Chart.pdf?id=1032

Feeling like I can't possibly get burned since a) the seller did the Ticket Transfer thing, so the tickets are only in my inbox and b) I haven't even paid yet. No pretzels included in my offer though and I think quite a few other sellers are pissed he was undercutting their prices. He said he got a lot of threatening emails but seemed like a nice enough dude.

BisonLaw
12-13-2018, 02:05 AM
I wanted to post an update on this - I actually emailed this seller on Craigslist as well and bought 2 tickets from him. His prices were just so much lower so that was a big red flag, but after we chatted on the phone he agreed to transfer the tickets to me FIRST using the official TicketTransfer thing on GoBison. I bought the ones in Row GG. Not sure where you're getting the info on Section 29 ending at FF but I checked the official GoBison.com seating chart and saw that the Section actually does go past Row FF (it has GG, HH, and II as well... II is the top row).

https://gobison.com/documents/2015/3/5//Football_Season_Ticket_Seating_Chart.pdf?id=1032

Feeling like I can't possibly get burned since a) the seller did the Ticket Transfer thing, so the tickets are only in my inbox and b) I haven't even paid yet. No pretzels included in my offer though and I think quite a few other sellers are pissed he was undercutting their prices. He said he got a lot of threatening emails but seemed like a nice enough dude.

Anyone else think this guy is the scammer? :facepalm:

Vet70
12-13-2018, 02:12 AM

Well, he has his tickets for the Saturday game.

Bisonville?
12-13-2018, 02:16 AM

I wish - I'm a fan that will be sitting in 29, GG on Friday. BisonLaw, if this doesn't work out for me I'll be reaching out for Legal Assistance.

BisonLaw
12-13-2018, 02:21 AM
I wish - I'm a fan that will be sitting in 29, GG on Friday. BisonLaw, if this doesn't work out for me I'll be reaching out for Legal Assistance.

Sorry, already representing the scammer! :rofl: