PDA

View Full Version : If the coordinators go, why not Tyler Roehl?

2011BisonAlumni
12-11-2018, 05:07 PM
I keep hearing the names thrown out, and frankly, I want to puke at the thought of Polasek. I posted in another thread, but I think Entz and Messingham are both gone. There was a pretty telling sign on Sunday IMO.

Brings me to outsider candidates. Why not Tyler Roehl? People keep on throwing out age, but hell, why is it any different than PJ Fleck? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he 31 or something when he took over at WMU? Had never been a coordinator before. Sean McVay is the best coach in the NFL and is the same age as Roehl.

If anything, I think Roehl might be the type of guys who legitimately would see NDSU as a dream job. He's from West Fargo. He played at NDSU. Heck, he has actually said the head coaching job at NDSU is his dream job.

Go watch a Day in the Life - Tyler Roehl. This guy is born to do this job.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-11-2018, 05:09 PM
I keep hearing the names thrown out, and frankly, I want to puke at the thought of Polasek. I posted in another thread, but I think Entz and Messingham are both gone. There was a pretty telling sign on Sunday IMO.

Brings me to outsider candidates. Why not Tyler Roehl? People keep on throwing out age, but hell, why is it any different than PJ Fleck? Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he 31 or something when he took over at WMU? Had never been a coordinator before. Sean McVay is the best coach in the NFL and is the same age as Roehl.

If anything, I think Roehl might be the type of guys who legitimately would see NDSU as a dream job. He's from West Fargo. He played at NDSU. Heck, he has actually said the head coaching job at NDSU is his dream job.

I'd prefer to have someone with at least some coordinator experience first before being a HC, just my opinion though.

BisonLaw
12-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Tyler Roehl lies.

Kevin
12-11-2018, 05:13 PM
I'd love to see Roehl and Olson with coordinator spots in the next few years.

Then let them have a competition of strength and wit to determine who will be the next coach after Entz.

OrygunBison
12-11-2018, 05:13 PM
I'd prefer to have someone with at least some coordinator experience first before being a HC, just my opinion though.

I absolute love TR and think that he would make a great Bison Head Coach some day. He just has it in his DNA. That being said, I hope that he goes away for a bit and makes a bunch of mistakes (has learning moments) on someone else' watch before returning and kicking ass again here.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2018, 05:14 PM

if you also watch it, you'll see how much pride he has for this community and school. How many shit-stirring threads are you going to start?

ndsubison1
12-11-2018, 05:16 PM
Not experienced enough yet. Should be an OC first.

2011BisonAlumni
12-11-2018, 05:18 PM
if you also watch it, you'll see how much pride he has for this community and school. How many shit-stirring threads are you going to start?

How exactly is this stirring the pot?

Bisonator98

Exactly.:bleh:

Bison"FANatic"
I absolute love TR and think that he would make a great Bison Head Coach some day. He just has it in his DNA. That being said, I hope that he goes away for a bit and makes a bunch of mistakes (has learning moments) on someone else' watch before returning and kicking ass again here.

This has been my thought. I would actually not be unhappy if he followed to K state and learned from a few different people and made some more contacts in the coaching world before coming back to NDSU. When you are in one system you don't know what you don't know.

HerdBot
12-11-2018, 05:39 PM
Conor Riley is the run game coordinator, so it is a natural switch to offensive coordinator but he's so good at his job. Hedberg would be solid but damn, he's also so good at his job. Hedberg is older and closer to the end of his career so who knows what he wants to do.. He's kind of been there and done that. Vigen was a QB coach / Offensive Coordinator. Tyler Roehl is a great mind, what's working against him is he just doesn't have the same level of experience since he's younger. The cupboard is stocked.

AKBison
12-11-2018, 05:46 PM
I would love to see Hedberg stay but I just don't see it.

HerdBot
12-11-2018, 05:48 PM
I would love to see Hedberg stay but I just don't see it.

Call it a gut feeling but I would be shocked if he leaves. He is a likely candida ate for offensive coordinator too