PDA

View Full Version : Thank you coach K

Winning is Gr8
12-10-2018, 11:25 PM
I am so happy you were here to keep the ship going after Bohl left and didn't just maintain but you brought us to another level. You will be missed. My only asks are:

1. Please finish the job and bring us another title
2. Make sure you do everything to get the recruits that are committed to sign with us in Dec.

Good luck you are a class act!

Bisonator98
12-10-2018, 11:29 PM
Congrats to Chris! Wish him nothing but the best at Kansas State. Once a Bison always a Bison!

HerdBot
12-10-2018, 11:33 PM
Its crazy I'm actually happy for him. Totally different feel than Bohl. Then again Klieman is my all time favorite head coach. He will do well. Now hopefully we can keep a few assistants and keep this rollin!

GOBISON123
12-10-2018, 11:35 PM
Proud of Coach K and what he was able to accomplish.

Meanwhile our impotent AD who cannot schedule a decent game will fumble around and hire some noname from CAA or Patriot League to replace Coach K and his staff.:facepalm:

heffray
12-10-2018, 11:36 PM
Congrats coach! Maybe teach that stupid fan base a thing or two about Championship football...

HerdBot
12-10-2018, 11:57 PM
7:15, he is on the Bison Football radio show tonight

DCinOK
12-11-2018, 12:04 AM
Being selfish, this really sucks...but a well-deserved step up for Coach.

No_Skill
12-11-2018, 12:10 AM
We all knew this day was coming. Congrats to him and best of luck.

NDSU Football is not about any single person including the HC. I have this strange feeling that we'll be just fine.

Go Bison!

MN_Moose
12-11-2018, 12:11 AM

Meanwhile our impotent AD who cannot schedule a decent game will fumble around and hire some noname from CAA or Patriot League to replace Coach K and his staff.:facepalm:

We're hearing Polosek to replace Klieman.

DCinOK
12-11-2018, 12:12 AM

Who is "we?"

Christopher Moen
12-11-2018, 12:34 AM

Now that you posted it, we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing it won't happen.

Plus, the rumors are either Entz or Polasek according to Kolpack.

2011BisonAlumni
12-11-2018, 12:39 AM
CAS just made an appearance on the coach’s show lol

westnodak93bison
12-11-2018, 12:45 AM
Now that you posted it, we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing it won't happen.

Plus, the rumors are either Entz or Polasek according to Kolpack.Coach P was too stubborn. However, he may have wised up?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

WYOBISONMAN
12-11-2018, 12:50 AM
Klieman is a class act. I am sure this transition will be done with integrity and class unlike when Bohl left. I wish coach Klieman, Gene Taylor and K- State the very best!

GOBISON123
12-11-2018, 12:57 AM

Plus, the rumors are either Entz or Polasek according to Kolpack.

I heard that as well. I hope out AD tries to hire Scotty Fuchs. He is my #1

wagsabison
12-11-2018, 12:58 AM
Listening to Coach K on the coaches show makes me like him even more. Definitely a class act.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

semobison
12-11-2018, 01:04 AM
Congrats to coach K! Very seldom do you see a coach go from FCS to a P5 head coaching position. Not only does that say a lot about CK but it also says a heck of a lot about our program! Bison Proud!

Hammerhead
12-11-2018, 01:04 AM
Good luck coach K. Time for the next coach to add to the Bison dynasty.

SlickVic
12-11-2018, 01:07 AM
Good luck coach K. Time for the next coach to add to the Bison dynasty.

willie mack garza?

WFBisonFan
12-11-2018, 01:13 AM
If people don't go absolutely berzerk when Coach K appears behind the locker room doors on the intro video Friday night, there is seriously something wrong with them. I fully expect that moment to be one of the loudest of the evening. Congrats, Coach, on an amazing run here at NDSU. Well-deserved opportunity at the next level and K-State just gained a whole lot of fans.

Christopher Moen
12-11-2018, 01:19 AM

Well, you just cursed Scotty Fuchs' chance at being the next NDSU HC.

CAS4127
12-11-2018, 01:38 AM

Agree!!!

CAS4127
12-11-2018, 01:40 AM
If people don't go absolutely berzerk when Coach K appears behind the locker room doors on the intro video Friday night, there is seriously something wrong with them. I fully expect that moment to be one of the loudest of the evening. Congrats, Coach, on an amazing run here at NDSU. Well-deserved opportunity at the next level and K-State just gained a whole lot of fans.

So much this. !!!

CAS4127
12-11-2018, 01:43 AM
CAS just made an appearance on the coach’s show lol

Did I embarrass myself? Was just trying to let CK know that former players had his back.

SlickVic
12-11-2018, 01:47 AM
Did I embarrass myself? Was just trying to let CK know that former players had his back.

CAS-------u were a total effein stud as perusual, carrie on

WhoRepsTheLurker
12-11-2018, 02:04 AM
Congrats Coach. You deserve this!! You’re a class act and I guess I’m a KSU fan now (just swallowed a little barf, right there, just now). AD GT got balls!!

If you don't love this coach, you don't get it.

Next man up!!

SlickVic
12-11-2018, 02:11 AM
Congrats Coach. You deserve this!! You’re a class act and I guess I’m a KSU fan now (just swallowed a little barf, right there, just now). AD GT got balls!!

If you don't love this coach, you don't get it.

Next man up!!

next man up!!!!! well said lurker, embarrasin for k state but my first thought when i seen ksu was kennesaw state------tough road ahead for CK, to be sure

Bisonfanatical
12-11-2018, 02:13 AM
Coach K brought a lot of great football into our home every season, and 2 of his 3 championships in Frisco brought me down to watch.

Wish you the best over there

I don’t watch Fbs unless we are playing/beating them but I will watch some of your games every year because you will bring passion and skill to their boring defense.

Professor Chaos
12-11-2018, 02:22 AM
Happy for Coach Klieman, he's handled himself with class and professionalism from day 1 here and that continued through today despite some pretty tough circumstances.

Hopefully his dream job doesn't turn into a nightmare though... going through the reaction on the K-State message boards and on social media truly disgusts me. These people don't deserve the coach they're getting. Hopefully he can win right away and make the couch potato critics eat crow in a hurry. He's going from a place he's beloved to a place where, at least right now, he seems mostly despised.

Still I wish him nothing but the best and, if anything, this becoming official has gotten me even more pumped to see this team send Coach K and the seniors off the right way starting this Friday. Let's play! (copyright PA)

SoCalBison
12-11-2018, 02:23 AM
Good luck Coach K. Sometimes the tough jobs with lots of constraints yield the greatest results. Show them how to win!

MAKBison
12-11-2018, 02:29 AM
SO I have been saving this for a few weeks now.
1) am grateful for CK and would have been happy if he stayed and was a lifer. BUT...............It was time! SU needed a new challenge. I am excited for him- a $14M total contract....hell yeah!!!! He deserved it!
2) I am really excited for NDSU and whats around the corner.....this is a good time to be a Bison.

We need to send Coach of the right way this Friday! CK asked that we bring the noise one more time......I say we give it to him!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kl1hgXfX5-U

Mr Meaty
12-11-2018, 03:07 AM
We all knew this day was coming. Congrats to him and best of luck.

NDSU Football is not about any single person including the HC. I have this strange feeling that we'll be just fine.

Go Bison!

Correct, NDSU football is bigger than any one coach or player. It is a program and we have been blessed to have great coaches and players that work hard and win. Best of luck to Coach and as said Once a Bison Always a Bison.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2018, 03:08 AM
Correct, NDSU football is bigger than any one coach or player. It is a program and we have been blessed to have great coaches and players that work hard and win. Best of luck to Coach and as said Once a Bison Always a Bison.

I mean, we get to stay, right? Progam's fine.

StL Bison Fan
12-11-2018, 03:09 AM

No. It was fine. Took me a minute to figure it was you, so your covered :biggrin:

Bison03
12-11-2018, 03:15 AM
Thank you coach K. Now lets send you out with a bang and win 2 more this season. Once a Bison, always a Bison.

Bison_Pride
12-11-2018, 09:30 AM
It seems like just yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J3znu3WuGM

wagsabison
12-11-2018, 10:34 AM
I thought CK did a great job on his radio show being up front and talking about the process of what went down. The phone call during practice from Gene seemed a bit over the top.

JMB
12-11-2018, 12:08 PM
I mean, we get to stay, right? Progam's fine.

Well since this came up. I would like to announce that there are a number of us as members of the fansbase are transitioning to Kansas State as well. However the NDSU program is stronger than any one fan, and whomever takes up cheering in our place wil carry on the tradition.

Professor Chaos
12-11-2018, 12:13 PM
I thought CK did a great job on his radio show being up front and talking about the process of what went down. The phone call during practice from Gene seemed a bit over the top.

I'd say that's on Taylor not Klieman. Apparently Taylor thought practice was over when he called (it's probably debatable how much he really cared) but when a call like that comes in you answer unless your wife is giving birth at the time or something (and some people might even do it then :)). That's a life changing opportunity.

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2018, 12:20 PM
It seems like just yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7J3znu3WuGM

Gosh all the players in that video look so YOUNG.

Kujava23
12-11-2018, 01:05 PM
Coach Klieman is a great person who has represented NDSU very well. He also is one helluva coach. I appreciate everything he did for NDSU and wish him the best at Kansas State. I am also proud Gene Taylor went after WHO HE thought was best coach for his current program.

NOW lets go kick some bunny ass

scottietohottie
12-11-2018, 01:06 PM
Thanks coach. Good luck.

Kujava23
12-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Gosh all the players in that video look so YOUNG.

that was pretty cool

Bison 4 Life
12-11-2018, 01:17 PM
that was pretty cool

I remember when that was posted. I tried looking for it a couple months ago but couldn't find it. Glad someone found it. Really fun.

tony
12-11-2018, 01:42 PM
NDSU has had a lot of good head coaches in my life time (500+ wins in my lifetime, btw.)

He was/is my favorite. I'm very happy that he got this opportunity.

MankatoBison
12-11-2018, 02:10 PM
Chris epitomizes what it means to be a Bison. "Bison Pride" might sound like some hokey, ambiguous slogan, but Chris reminded us what it truly means every single week of his tenure.
Work hard and you will be rewarded, always deflect praise and offer credit to those around you, always give credit to your opponent, be respectful to eachother and your opponents, don't say anything you're going to regret, be honest and forthcoming in all things, recruit to character always, be humble, be hungry, be respectful to those who came before you, etc. etc. etc.

Glad he was our football coach, but those kids have been blessed to learn from a man of integrity in their time at NDSU. People always say that a football coach should be a "molder of men" etc.... VERY few ever actually are. Chris, above all things, took his relationship with these young men seriously, and his impact off the field will far outweigh the incredible accomplishments ON the field. Wish him all the best at KSU- we will all be rooting for him to have unprecedented success at his time there.