PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Team

Pages : [1] 2

23Bison
12-02-2018, 08:36 PM
I don’t know if this is too early or bad juju and if so mods please delete. I’m curious what our team looks like in the 2019 season. Who do we have at what position and who is/are the next man/men up?

NDSU
12-02-2018, 09:00 PM
Simple answer... look at the roster!

ndsubison1
12-02-2018, 09:14 PM
QB Lance Hotchkiss battle. Lean Lance
WR Watson Williams Sproles
TE Ellefson
RB Clark Wilson Brooks Cofield
FB Robbins
OL Radunz Johnson C Volson Jensen

DL Waege Tuszka Karcz ???
LB Cox ???
CB Bridges Hayes
Safetys Hendicks ???

23Bison
12-02-2018, 09:14 PM
I have looked at the roster. I’m looking for opinions on who is starting at what position. Where are we depth wise? Who are THE young guys to keep an eye on with their development. I know what we have at RB and a decent idea at QB but the OL and LBs I’m not sure.

BisonNeil
12-02-2018, 09:28 PM
Is there a reason why this thread can’t be started during the off season. Are you bored with the playoffs? Are you bored with early signing period in 2 1/2 weeks? Geez Louise! There are three games left. Let’s talk about the 2018 team!

Bison Loaf
12-02-2018, 09:59 PM
”Looking ahead .......... Who’s After These 2018 Guys Because I’m Tired Of Talking About Them And I’m Bored As Hell.”

How did we not see this one coming?!

23Bison
12-02-2018, 10:04 PM
Is there a reason why this thread can’t be started during the off season. Are you bored with the playoffs? Are you bored with early signing period in 2 1/2 weeks? Geez Louise! There are three games left. Let’s talk about the 2018 team!
Hey I posted what I did because I love talking football. Nobody is forcing you to engage in the thread. But I’m willing to bet that if there is a decent discussion about the 2019 team you would read with some interest. They’re are and will be worse threads so I don’t see the problem.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 10:07 PM
”Looking ahead .......... Who’s After These 2018 Guys Because I’m Tired Of Talking About Them And I’m Bored As Hell.”

How did we not see this one coming?!

Gastrointestinal issues from all that OJ yesterday?

Bison Loaf
12-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Gastrointestinal issues from all that OJ yesterday?

I guess I’m just overly sensitive about issues of prematurity, that’s all, although I can assure everyone that it is not a personal problem. : smh: :hide:

Bison Loaf
12-02-2018, 10:30 PM
To be fair (I know Vet LOVES that saying), 23Bison did offer the mods to take down if they thought it was a case of premature threadulation.

(I nominate that as a new entry in the Bisonville Dictionary - “Premature Threadulation”.)

23Bison
12-02-2018, 10:41 PM
Hey I’m all for deleting it if unfriendly juju was going to be cast upon my beloved team. And yes to be honest I am a little bored. I new the MSU game was going to be like that. Had an inkling that JMU could very well lose to Toothpaste. Poof here we are on the way to playing said Toothpaste. I’m excited where we are in the season and am just waiting for the semi finals. This week won’t be interesting for me and for that I’m sorry. Just want to get to the game because I’m tired of hearing about JMUs coach and MSUs f-ing QBLB thing they had taking the snap. Just want some real football talk is all. Please forgive my Premature Threadulation.

Herd
12-02-2018, 10:53 PM
I’m going to allow it, overruled, answer the questions.

Bison Loaf
12-02-2018, 11:20 PM
Hey I’m all for deleting it if unfriendly juju was going to be cast upon my beloved team. And yes to be honest I am a little bored. I new the MSU game was going to be like that. Had an inkling that JMU could very well lose to Toothpaste. Poof here we are on the way to playing said Toothpaste. I’m excited where we are in the season and am just waiting for the semi finals. This week won’t be interesting for me and for that I’m sorry. Just want to get to the game because I’m tired of hearing about JMUs coach and MSUs f-ing QBLB thing they had taking the snap. Just want some real football talk is all. Please forgive my Premature Threadulation.

I hear ya, buddy. It happens to all of us at one time or another (except me, of course).

In the meantime, I recommend cold showers until January 6th and frequents visits to the “AC/DC to the West Lot” thread. Both do wonders at keeping high expectations in check. [emoji16]

Montana-Bison
12-02-2018, 11:21 PM
I am fine with this discussion and its no more “premature...” than the post on “who’s after Klieman”

Bison Loaf
12-02-2018, 11:31 PM
I am fine with this discussion and its no more “premature...” than the post on “who’s after Klieman”

Ok, but before we go down this road, we need a ruling on if it is ever bad ju ju to actually say the words “bad ju ju” in a thread.

Montana-Bison
12-02-2018, 11:45 PM
Ok, but before we go down this road, we need a ruling on if it is ever bad ju ju to actually say the words “bad ju ju” in a thread.

I don’t think so but don’t quote me on this.

Rixen
12-04-2018, 04:33 PM
Didn't want to get a unkempt string of quoted rosters with edits so I will just submit mine solo. I personally love talking about the future of our program while still enjoying the current year. I can't practice and watch film like the players but I can think about their upcoming matchup and discuss future rosters at the same time. My mom is very proud of me!

Note: I am only listing players that I think have been talked about or shown the potential to get legit snaps. Whether that be just 1 at a position or 3+ deep.

QB: Trey and Holden battle it out. I too would lean Lance, but we have multiple players capable enough to make it a battle. That's a good thing.

RB: Ty, Cofield, Seth, and Saybein. Might not be Bruce and Lance (yet) but it is pretty damn great. (not sure on Purifoy and Dimitri position switch expectations)

FB: Robbins and Malstrom back and they've been excellent

TE: Ellefson, Gindorff, and Babicz. Jensen was rock solid but we shouldn't miss a beat.

LT: Radunz and Cordell super sub?

LG: Kubas and I think Willis is switching from C to G so a worthy mention here.

C: Schoenning has received plenty of snaps this year so he is the new starter. Think Willis switches to guard because they really like Freshman Schreiber.

RG: Jensen

RT: Johnson back (Can I just say we need to find Cordell a starting spot? We can't let him only start his senior year.)

DT: Karcz and Biegler who has flashed well in very limited time. Shoutout to Lane Tucker backup because he was one of my most exciting players in the class so I hope it bares out.
NT: Darnell and Alo
DE: Tuszka, Waege, McCormick, and Pierce (Haven't heard enough about Sundt, Ogbu, or Cook to assume roles)

SLB: Cox and Super Sub Jaxon Brown
MLB: Hankey
WLB: Mercadel (think he reclaims this spot if healthy) and Jasir Cox or Hofstedt

CB:Bridges, Hayes, Davis, and Talbert
S: Hendricks and Tutsie with Kaczor and Weber backups

I think a good QB will come out of camp because I like both talents. I think our OL question marks will be answered because we have been spoiled with great Ram development. The WR question mark is still very scary but glad Sproles and Watson got a ton of snaps this year. I think Karcz makes plays all the time so I love him for next year but Darnell doesn't splash like Steidl has, or the NTs in the past. I guess this feels like the first time where our interior DL backups felt like actual backups, instead of studs in waiting. I mean no disrespect to them, but just don't have much evidence to go off of yet.

TLDR: QB, Interior OL, and WR are the biggest question marks. Honorable mention to Interior DL and MLB depth.

ndsubison1
12-04-2018, 05:31 PM
I think they find a starting spot for Cordell Volson

IzzyFlexion
12-05-2018, 03:04 PM
Mercadel and Cox on the field at the same time is going to be really exciting to watch.

23Bison
12-05-2018, 03:14 PM
How has Beau Pauly looked this year in fall camp. Would think he would contribute some and don’t for get that Jaxon Brown May be in the mix also if they continue to eye him as a OLB instead of S.

MankatoBison
12-05-2018, 03:50 PM
Have we asked 56 if there will even be a team after this one? As far as I'm aware, there is no Bison football team after this one.

Christopher Moen
12-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Have we asked 56 if there will even be a team after this one? As far as I'm aware, there is no Bison football team after this one.

https://i.imgur.com/qGhiEIe.gif

Bisonator98
12-05-2018, 04:33 PM
We gonna be stacked.

We're talking back to back 5 straight minimum.........damn you JMU for ruining our 8 peat!

Vet70
12-05-2018, 04:36 PM
Tutsie at safety is going to be very good.

mtoutfitter
12-05-2018, 04:42 PM
Tutsie at safety is going to be very good.

Hankey at MLB looked pretty darn good vs MSU as well. Has anyone heard anything on Begley at LB? Seemed to hyped quite a bit after signing.

23Bison
12-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Oh I had forgot about Begley! I think we will be stacked a LB once the young pups get some experience. I believe our defense is going to be absolutely salty once we play Oregon! Hopefully Jabril stays around for his senior season.

X-Factor
12-05-2018, 09:20 PM
Great post by Rixen. I’m really liking this 19 team the more I look at it (and internally laughing at the rest of FCS in the process), and there is no reason why we can’t talk about it. It’s all football. Should be a whale of a season next fall.

Really hope coach Eck looks at our 2 deep next week and gets his hopes up for 2019. xlolx

Mr. Burgundy
12-05-2018, 09:28 PM
not to mention we redshirted 3 non freshman this year. This program is doing it right. Loaded.

Vet70
12-05-2018, 09:35 PM
not to mention we redshirted 3 non freshman this year. This program is doing it right. Loaded.

What is hilarious is that I keep reading on other boards that we will go back to the pack after 24 Seniors graduate.

23Bison
12-05-2018, 10:05 PM
Thank god then there won’t be a target on the backs of our boys next season. No pressure!

Christopher Moen
12-05-2018, 10:32 PM
What is hilarious is that I keep reading on other boards that we will go back to the pack after 24 Seniors graduate.

I remember hearing the same thing after the Seniors from 2013 team graduated, especially from the Cyclone fans.

Mr Meaty
12-06-2018, 11:25 AM
Teams should quit worrying about NDSU “coming” back to the pack. Why don’t the focus on trying to catch NDSU. If I was one of those teams I would rather knock NDSU off the top of the mountain, than beat NDSU when they are ranked 10th in the country.
PS we will not be ranked that low for a long time.

ndsubison1
12-06-2018, 02:46 PM

Williams Wilson and ???

ndsubison1
12-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Teams should quit worrying about NDSU “coming” back to the pack. Why don’t the focus on trying to catch NDSU. If I was one of those teams I would rather knock NDSU off the top of the mountain, than beat NDSU when they are ranked 10th in the country.

The recruiting classes on paper are amazing.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
12-06-2018, 02:54 PM
Williams Wilson and ???

Purifoy???

StL Bison Fan
12-06-2018, 02:56 PM

So, und is doing it wrong?

BisonNation11
12-06-2018, 03:01 PM
Williams Wilson and ???

Logan McCormick if I followed correctly.

KNOW IT ALL
12-06-2018, 03:29 PM
We have been great at QB since day one of becoming FCS in both talent and leadership. I think Izzo and Kolpack said it best a few weeks ago. What happens if and when NDSU misses on a QB? I look at SDSU this year and if they had Easton Stick and we had their QB, who would be the favorite? It would be close either way. From the little I see of Trey Lance I think he is going to be really good. We change our playbook a bit (which is fun and interesting) but the winning ways should continue into the future.

TAILG8R
12-06-2018, 04:51 PM
You underestimate the pollsters ability to sink NDSU after their next loss. Whenever that may be.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

EC8CH
12-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Is Purifoy still recovering from his knee injury from last year? He's still listed on the roster, but he hasn't played in a single game this year.

OrygunBison
12-06-2018, 05:45 PM
We have been great at QB since day one of becoming FCS in both talent and leadership.

Yeah, I've blocked out 2008 and 2009 as well. That shit never happened...

NDSU
12-06-2018, 11:45 PM
Williams Wilson and ???

Dom Davis?

bison_by_blood
12-07-2018, 12:56 AM
I think they find a starting spot for Cordell Volson

Cordell actually played quite a bit this year. He’s been the first lineman rotating in. He will 100% be the starting RG.

Rixen
12-07-2018, 02:11 PM
Dom Davis?

Dom Davis, and Mercadel for that matter, were juniors this year. So they will be back next year but they already used their redshirts as true freshman. So nothing special for them, just back next year for their senior year. Someone can correct if wrong, please.

BisonNation11
12-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Dom Davis?

Dom Davis, and Mercadel for that matter, were juniors this year. So they will be back next year but they already used their redshirts as true freshman. So nothing special for them, just back next year for their senior year. Someone can correct if wrong, please.

Seriously guyz, it's Logan McCormick. He's played in two games.

Farmer63
12-07-2018, 07:23 PM

Isn't there a Medical red shirt that can be used in addition to the normal red shirt? Zach Vraa played a sixth year. IDK for sure, though.

Vet70
12-07-2018, 07:33 PM
Isn't there a Medical red shirt that can be used in addition to the normal red shirt? Zach Vraa played a sixth year. IDK for sure, though.

That has been my question.

tolnabison
12-07-2018, 07:38 PM
That has been my question.

I am no expert, but I think in order to be granted a 6th year they need to have the same injury twice in 5 years? Example: Vraa broke his collarbone twice, Vaadeland injured his knee twice.

Don't quote me on this, but I thought that was the rule. I could be totally off.

Rixen
12-07-2018, 07:47 PM
Seriously guyz, it's Logan McCormick. He's played in two games.

I knew it was McCormick. I was trying to clear up confusion about the others mentioned.

Vet70
12-07-2018, 07:49 PM
I am no expert, but I think in order to be granted a 6th year they need to have the same injury twice in 5 years? Example: Vraa broke his collarbone twice, Vaadeland injured his knee twice.

Don't quote me on this, but I thought that was the rule. I could be totally off.

So the solution is to go all out Jeff Gillooly.

56BISON73
12-07-2018, 08:24 PM

""""On rare occasions, players may be allowed to play in their sixth year of college if they suffered a serious injury that kept them from competing for more than one season. Former Oklahoma Sooners quarterback Jason White is perhaps the best known example of this; White had redshirted his first year, then subsequently tore the ACL in both knees, forcing him to miss nearly two years of eligible play time. Another recent example is former Houston Cougars quarterback Case Keenum; Keenum redshirted his freshman year of 2006, and subsequently tore an ACL three games into the 2010 season, which would have otherwise been his final year of eligibility.""""

I take this to mean the player experienced two season ending injuries.

23Bison
12-16-2018, 06:23 PM
Thread bump. Don’t want any lingering rival fans thinking the cupboard is empty after Klieman is officially gone.

HerdBot
12-16-2018, 06:42 PM
Thread bump. Don’t want any lingering rival fans thinking the cupboard is empty after Klieman is officially gone.

We will have 4 stud running backs, 3 stud TEs, FB, solid receivers, 2 starting bookends, and talented and experienced young guys to fill the inside. QB is a question mark but Hotchkiss and Lance have good futures. Should be a good battle for 2019.

Defensive line will be talented and deep, although not as deep as this year. Lots of young talent. Corners are great. Tutsie and Hendricks. Linebackers is a question mark but Jabril may be the best player in the FCS

ndsubison1
12-16-2018, 08:17 PM
DT and LB (outside of Cox) are a concern along with WR depth, and not sure about SS

Professor Chaos
12-16-2018, 08:21 PM
DT and LB (outside of Cox) are a concern along with WR depth, and not sure about SS
I think Tutsie will have the SS position pretty well locked down assuming he can stay healthy.

Bison 4 Life
12-16-2018, 08:21 PM

At those respective positions we will have:

Cole Karcz
Aaron Mercadel
Michael Tutsie

All have proven themselves capable in spots. Next year we get both Jasir Cox and Mark Stumpf. See if they can live up to their older brothers' play.

23Bison
12-16-2018, 08:23 PM
I’m really not worried about LB as long as Jabril is back there. We have a lot of young guys back there that are athletic and that doesn’t include any of the backers coming in with this class assuming they all sign. With Hendricks, Tutsie, Jackson Brown I think safety will be pretty solid.

HerdBot
12-16-2018, 08:38 PM

DT should be a strength. Karcz will be an all American caliber player. Quin Alo is uber talented and Matt Biegler has looked good. And dont forget Jack Darnell who will save the best for his senior season. Plus Spencer Waege can move inside on pass rush downs. Lots of good young talent.

Linebackers will be interesting but We have plenty of players with time in our system. Jaxon Brown will be in year #2. Hankey looked good. Mercadel if healthy could be a good one.

IzzyFlexion
12-16-2018, 09:10 PM
DT should be a strength. Karcz will be an all American caliber player. Quin Alo is uber talented and Matt Biegler has looked good. And dont forget Jack Darnell who will save the best for his senior season. Plus Spencer Waege can move inside on pass rush downs. Lots of good young talent.

Linebackers will be interesting but We have plenty of players with time in our system. Jaxon Brown will be in year #2. Hankey looked good. Mercadel if healthy could be a good one.

After seeing him assassinate kick returners last year.....I'm a big Mercadel fan.

DM05
12-17-2018, 12:39 PM
We will have 4 stud running backs, 3 stud TEs, FB, solid receivers, 2 starting bookends, and talented and experienced young guys to fill the inside. QB is a question mark but Hotchkiss and Lance have good futures. Should be a good battle for 2019.

Defensive line will be talented and deep, although not as deep as this year. Lots of young talent. Corners are great. Tutsie and Hendricks. Linebackers is a question mark but Jabril may be the best player in the FCS

I think that'll be the big question at a lot of spots next year; just the loss of proven depth that comes with a large senior class where nearly every one of them is a fairly major contributor. Who wins the QB job will be the big story because Easton in his current form is not replaceable in the immediate future. Story #2 will be the transition to Entz and his staff. But there are a lot of talented kids in the last two classes, and a lot of snaps are opening up for next year. Spring ball should be a blast to follow and should be incredibly competitive.

100% agree on Jabril.....insane amount of talent.

KilldeerBison
12-17-2018, 01:02 PM

At LB, Jackson Hankey. He looks really good IMO.

23Bison
01-05-2019, 10:47 PM
It all falls on the QB position in my mind. Next season will be interesting but think we could very well be right back in Frisco.

Bisonator98
01-05-2019, 10:56 PM
It all falls on the QB position in my mind. Next season will be interesting but think we could very well be right back in Frisco.

Trey looked like he was ready to go today.

Jay
01-05-2019, 10:58 PM
Scholarship grid coming tomorrow. Once I wake up from party mode.

Kevin
01-05-2019, 11:02 PM
It'll be Lance's team I think. But the learning curve is real. I fully believe he'll be a 4 year starter but we'll need to lean hard on the running game for the first few.

My only real concern is who is he going to throw to? We were thin outside of Shep this year. Next year looks thinner.

yopaulie
01-05-2019, 11:15 PM
I'm excited for Christian Watson. He is tall and thin right now, and I think he will get bigger and faster.

23Bison
01-05-2019, 11:32 PM
I think Watson and Sproles could get it going. We will also have a 6’5” ish WR in Mathis so let’s hope he progresses. Also have a LOADED TE room with Ellefson, Babich and Gindorf. Everyone just needs to get that much better and have time to gel and grow this spring and summer going into fall camp. Lots of size in those names with the exception of Sproles which is the same size as Shep.

NDSU1980
01-05-2019, 11:37 PM
It'll be Lance's team I think. But the learning curve is real. I fully believe he'll be a 4 year starter but we'll need to lean hard on the running game for the first few.

My only real concern is who is he going to throw to? We were thin outside of Shep this year. Next year looks thinner.

Nice thing about the schedule next year is two cupcakes to start out with, and then a little bit of a challenge with Delaware before we get into the conference schedule.

Vet70
01-05-2019, 11:50 PM
Nice thing about the schedule next year is two cupcakes to start out with, and then a little bit of a challenge with Delaware before we get into the conference schedule.

UC Davis will also be coming to town.

NDSU1980
01-05-2019, 11:55 PM
UC Davis will also be coming to town.

That's right, totally spaced that out!

CAS4127
01-06-2019, 12:38 AM
I think Watson and Sproles could get it going. We will also have a 6’5” ish WR in Mathis so let’s hope he progresses. Also have a LOADED TE room with Ellefson, Babich and Gindorf. Everyone just needs to get that much better and have time to gel and grow this spring and summer going into fall camp. Lots of size in those names with the exception of Sproles which is the same size as Shep.

Not a Sproles fan at all. Hope he proves me wrong and I can eat crow, just sayin’!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CalBison97
01-06-2019, 12:51 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/4f9326574414759a33181ad47aa599ea.jpg

CAS4127
01-06-2019, 12:52 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190106/4f9326574414759a33181ad47aa599ea.jpg

Yeah, so. He’s an MVP tweeter.

23Bison
01-06-2019, 01:01 AM
Not a Sproles fan at all. Hope he proves me wrong and I can eat crow, just sayin’!

I understand your concern but he is just a freshman and it’s hard to be the second coming of RJ. Time will tell I guess.

1998braves64
01-06-2019, 01:11 AM
I understand your concern but he is just a freshman and it’s hard to be the second coming of "legendowski". Time will tell I guess.

Fixed your post for ya.

scottietohottie
01-06-2019, 01:15 AM
Fixed your post for ya.

Well it's not a very good start considering Legendowski got his name freshman year.

oldmantutters
01-06-2019, 01:19 AM

My only real concern is who is he going to throw to? We were thin outside of Shep this year. Next year looks thinner.Hell have a chance to best Easton's record if he starts.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Alsen
01-06-2019, 01:20 AM

Unless he takes a huge leap forward, he may end up being detrimental to the team. He obviously should have redshirted. He wasn't just ineffective this year, he was bad.

I am still hoping against all hope that they convert Seth Wilson to a role as receiver, and have him on the field almost every offensive down. He may very well be the best all around football player on the team next year. It would be a horrible waste leaving him in a RB rotation with Brooks,Clark,Cofield,Dimitri Williams,Purifoy,and then there is Jalen Bussey, who nobody should ignore, or think he will automatically be redshirted.

Bussey dramatically improved from his junior to senior year on the football field and on the track. There may actually be room for even more dramatic improvement. If he is as electric as it appears he might be.....he could be returning punts and kicks and be a part of the rotation. If he improves his speed even slightly, he will enter a realm where few ever go. Once you go from breaking 11 seconds in the 100 to running in the mid 10's consistently, that's world class. His 200 numbers were really impressive as well. We may have just acquired a bona fide 4.3 guy. If not by next year, maybe in 2020 he will kill some Ducks with a dose of their own medicine. It would be nice to face Oregon with more team speed than they have.

Seth Wilson has great receiving skills. The Bison must get him on the field next year. It would just be absurd not to.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 01:21 AM

Unless he takes a huge leap forward, he may end up being detrimental to the team. He obviously should have redshirted. He wasn't just ineffective this year, he was bad.

I am still hoping against all hope that they convert Seth Wilson to a role as receiver, and have him on the field almost every offensive down. He may very well be the best all around football player on the team next year. It would be a horrible waste leaving him in a RB rotation with Brooks,Clark,Cofield,Dimitri Williams,Purifoy,and then there is Jalen Bussey, who nobody should ignore, or think he will automatically be redshirted.

Bussey dramatically improved from his junior to senior year on the football field and on the track. There may actually be room for even more dramatic improvement. If he is as electric as it appears he might be.....he could be returning punts and kicks and be a part of the rotation. If he improves his speed even slightly, he will enter a realm where few ever go. Once you go from breaking 11 seconds in the 100 to running in the mid 10's consistently, that's world class. His 200 numbers were really impressive as well. We may have just acquired a bona fide 4.3 guy. If not by next year, maybe in 2020 he will kill some Ducks with a dose of their own medicine. It would be nice to face Oregon with more team speed than they have.

Seth Wilson has great receiving skills. The Bison must get him on the field next year. It would just be absurd not to.

WeAreThePride
01-06-2019, 01:42 AM
Trey Lance will go 61-0 as a starter.

23Bison
01-06-2019, 01:51 AM

In what way was Sproles a detriment to the team? Exactly how was he bad? I’m very curious.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 01:55 AM
The QB starting position will be Zeb Noland's to lose.

Why do you guys think he chose NDSU???

He isn't coming here to ride the pine, that's why he left Iowa State.

Time for this forum to get real.

I seriously doubt starting QB will truly be an open competition.

If the coaches were really impressed with either Holden or Lance, Zeb Nolan would not have been vigorously recruited and he would have transferred to one of the other 100 or so FCS schools.

No, Zeb Nolan was recruited to be the starting QB for the NDSU Bison. Book it!

fmfantasy
01-06-2019, 01:57 AM

And still finish 3rd in the walter payton voting..

CAS4127
01-06-2019, 01:57 AM
In what way was Sproles a detriment to the team? Exactly how was he bad? I’m very curious.

Re-read post you commented on and get back to us.

Mr. Burgundy
01-06-2019, 01:58 AM

If the coaches were really impressed with either Holden or Lance, Zeb Nolan would not have been vigorously recruited and he would have transferred to one of the other 100 or so FCS schools.

Please bet me. Real money. Please. Since you know the situation you will bet.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-06-2019, 02:00 AM
Please bet me. Real money. Please. Since you know the situation you will bet.

I was gonna say

bisonp
Didn't read through all the posts, but obviously there's no Wentz or Stick waiting in the wings. It will be a good team, but unless the field is weak it's going to be a struggle to get back to Frisco next year IMO. If we keep that in mind it can still be a fun year.

WhoRepsTheLurker
Alsen talks out his ass. He's either a troll or really dumb

tolnabison
01-06-2019, 02:01 AM

This is one man's (maybe woman's) thoughts. Truth is, he was brought in to bring competition to a young quarterback room. They lost a scholarship QB in Van Dellen, he's replacing his spot. If he starts he won the job, if not, he adds an experienced back up. He's got the least experience in the system of the guys we have.

Mr Meaty
01-06-2019, 02:07 AM

He does and is both.

23Bison
01-06-2019, 02:07 AM
Re-read post you commented on and get back to us.

I did and what am I supposed to find? Redshirting would have been good for him for sure. I still don’t see how he would be a detriment to the team and explain how he was “bad”? Did he have 50 yds receiving every game? No. Was he (as a freshman) not able to get open? Yeah I’ll buy that. That doesn’t make him bad. He was thrown into the fire. How else is he going to learn? Did or will the Bison lose because of him? Absolutely not. So I don’t see how he would be a detriment to the team. I’m genuinely interested on your take.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 02:10 AM

I think he is mediocre to bad at every aspect of being a receiver. I think he is slow, and not fast and quick like he was hyped to be. Shows even worse actual football speed. Doesn't have great hands, didn't get open, doesn't have any size or length advantage, struggled blocking most of the time, although he did make a couple key blocks this year, offers nothing in the way of run after catch, and has difficulty tracking the deep ball.

I have full confidence that Seth Wilson would produce at least five times the amount of positive plays as compared to Sproles. Sproles is a 4.6 guy,Seth Wilson is bona fide 4.4 and his football speed is elite.

If there were parallel universes and in one universe Sproles was the Bison number one target and on the field 90% of the time, and in the other universe Wilson was the number 1 target and on the field 90% of the snaps, Wilson may even produce 10 times as much as Sproles.

Detrimental because there are better football players on the Bison roster.

Christopher Moen
01-06-2019, 02:15 AM

Not seeing a whole lot of truth here, if any.

I’m not saying Zeb will or won’t start, but he’s no Peyton Manning in that he can jump to a new team and expect the reins handed to him before his bags are unpacked.

Also, if the QB situation was as bad as you described, I doubt Jaren Lewis reconsiders his NDSU verbal commitment.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

ndsubison1
01-06-2019, 02:19 AM

Just because he came here doesnt mean he'll be starter. Great to have competition.

BTW Lance was promised a Boise offer if he didn't sign

Alsen
01-06-2019, 02:20 AM
This is one man's (maybe woman's) thoughts. Truth is, he was brought in to bring competition to a young quarterback room. They lost a scholarship QB in Van Dellen, he's replacing his spot. If he starts he won the job, if not, he adds an experienced back up. He's got the least experience in the system of the guys we have.

Sorry man, but that is just naive. If he wasn't being given a leg up, he would not have chosen NDSU. Realize, the guy had a whole country replete with teams that would have loved to have a 3 star FBS QB with experience in big games against power 5 competition.

23Bison
01-06-2019, 02:21 AM

Yup now I see it.

ndsubison1
01-06-2019, 02:23 AM
Also wouldn't it make sense to have Williams back at WR next year?

WeAreThePride
01-06-2019, 02:30 AM
Sorry man, but that is just naive. If he wasn't being given a leg up, he would not have chosen NDSU. Realize, the guy had a whole country replete with teams that would have loved to have a 3 star FBS QB with experience in big games against power 5 competition.

You think Zeb will be given the starting job even if he’s not the best option for the team? Now who’s naive?

Alsen
01-06-2019, 02:33 AM
Also wouldn't it make sense to have Williams back at WR next year?

I don't think they will have him on a yoyo like that, besides, he is kinda a multi-purpose guy and perhaps the best special teams player on the team; especially on kick coverage. Made some really great plays in 2017 when he was on the field for every kick coverage.

Another thing, why are some people thinking Jackson Brown is returning to safety when he was backing up both OLB positions this year?? Jackson Brown is a starting OLB.

We are absolutely loaded at LB. Three deep with talented players at every position. Hankey and Pauly could get beat out by the talented freshman if he isn't redshirted. Jack Begley will probably being backing up Cox next year.

jcdcubs
01-06-2019, 02:33 AM
Zeb Noland is good passing but career rushing yards -22 yards. Trey Lance ran TD two times in 2 games.

tolnabison
01-06-2019, 02:35 AM

Hey I get it, he has the most experience, he played FBS, he chose here instead of other places. He is still the least experienced guy in the room, running our playbook. If he wins the job, good for him. If he doesn't, hope he buys into the bison way sticks it out.

23Bison
01-06-2019, 02:35 AM
You think Zeb will be given the starting job even if he’s not the best option for the team? Now who’s naive?

Some might call that a “detriment” to the team. I just heard that someplace.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 02:37 AM

I said it is his job to lose. Of course he could be beat out. Nevertheless, he is getting first shot at the starting position. Review the situation and circumstances having to do with his time at at Iowa state. Pay attention to the details. This isn't JAG to compete. It IS naive to think that.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 02:41 AM
Zeb Noland is good passing but career rushing yards -22 yards. Trey Lance ran TD two times in 2 games.

Yah, and Holden ran for a nice TD as well. We didn't get to see either of them nearly as much as I thought we would have this year, and we didn't get to see either of them have a real opportunity to get into any kind of throwing rhythm. All I remember is the bad sideline pass by Holden.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 02:59 AM
Hey I get it, he has the most experience, he played FBS, he chose here instead of other places. He is still the least experienced guy in the room, running our playbook. If he wins the job, good for him. If he doesn't, hope he buys into the bison way sticks it out.

There really isn't an advantage there for the younger guys. The guy is already in Fargo. He found a place to live last month. He will be here for all of Spring Football and through the summer. Zeb's father is a football coach. He has been immersed in it since birth. His Dad was QB at Appalachian State back in the day.

Learn to love the name Zeb Nolan. You are going to be hearing it an awful lot in the future.

scottietohottie
01-06-2019, 03:00 AM
There really isn't an advantage there for the younger guys. The guy is already in Fargo. He found a place to live last month. He will be here for all of Spring Football and through the summer. Zeb's father is a football coach. He has been immersed in it since birth. His Dad was QB at Appalachian State back in the day.

Learn to love the name Zeb Nolan. You are going to be hearing it an awful lot in the future.

Besides the fact the younger guys have more talent.

tolnabison
01-06-2019, 03:01 AM

Hope he's as good as you make him sound...

Don't care who the QB is, all about winning games. My money is on Lance, his skill set is similar to Stick.

CAS4127
01-06-2019, 03:09 AM
https://twitter.com/rossuglem/status/1081762997859692545?s=21

tolnabison
01-06-2019, 03:11 AM
https://twitter.com/rossuglem/status/1081762997859692545?s=21

Guy was all over the place against us. Does have an FBS offer from Louisville.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 03:27 AM
Graduate transfer?

tolnabison
01-06-2019, 03:29 AM
Graduate transfer?

Yes, TJ Holl, from Colgate.

yopaulie
01-06-2019, 03:36 AM
Wow. And the other teams in the FCS say..."now that just isn't fair".

AKBison
01-06-2019, 04:42 AM

62-0, your forgetting his start in the senior bowl.

Scooter1
01-06-2019, 04:55 AM
I hope TJ Hall decides to attend NDSU. He was pretty damn good and give us much needed experience.

fmfantasy
01-06-2019, 05:37 AM
I dont think its fair to evaluate Sproles that hard yet. he is a freshman on the best team in the league by far and his chances are minimal

just for comparison I looked up Darren Sproles freshman year at Kstate 6 games 210 yds 1 TD.. I am sure a lot of people were like "I thought this guy was a stud.. didn't show me anything!!!"

2 years later he was top 5 in Heisman on his way to a 13 year 3 time probowl NFL career.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 05:56 AM
Rainy night in Phoenix, I might as well take a shot at a 2019 three deep.

QB:Zeb Nolan,Holden Hotchkiss,Noah Sanders

RB: Ty Brooks,Adam Cofield,Saybein Clark,Jalen Bussey

FB: Brock Robbins,Garrett Maelstrom,Hunter Luepke

TE: Ben Ellefson,Josh Babicz,Noah Gindorf

WR: Trey Lance,Seth Wilson,Christian Watson,Andy Voyen,Zach Mathis,Victor Kizewski

OT: Zach Johnson,Dillon Radunz,Cordell Volson,Josh Howieson,Jalen Sundell

OC: Karson Schoening,Joe Schreiber,Zach Willis

OG: Cordell Volson,Nash Jensen,Ben Hecht,Zach Kubas,Zach Willis,Jack Albrecht

DT: Matt Beigler,Jack Darnell,Cole Karcz,Quinn Alo,Samuel Moore,Lane Tucker

DE: Derek Tuszcka,Spencer Waege,Logan McCormick,Tony Pierce,Tanner Sundt,Bartholomew Ogbu,Justice Kelly

MLB: Luke Weerts,Jackson Hankey,Beau Pauley
SLB: Jackson Brown,Aaron Mercadel,Mark Stumpf
WLB: Jabril Cox,Jack Begley,Jasir Cox

SS: Michael Tutsie,James Kaczor,Jackson Enz
FS: James Hendricks,Dawson Weber, Jayden Price

CB: Marquise Bridges,Josh Hayes,Dom Davis,Destin Talbert,Anthony Coleman,Tre Fort,Terrell Hall

Punter :Garrett Wegner,Nick Phelps,Mason Schwerzler
Kicker: Jake Reinholz,Griffin Crosa

Alsen
01-06-2019, 06:05 AM
I dont think its fair to evaluate Sproles that hard yet. he is a freshman on the best team in the league by far and his chances are minimal

just for comparison I looked up Darren Sproles freshman year at Kstate 6 games 210 yds 1 TD.. I am sure a lot of people were like "I thought this guy was a stud.. didn't show me anything!!!"

2 years later he was top 5 in Heisman on his way to a 13 year 3 time probowl NFL career.

You are probably right. It is just when I see injustice so blatantly sticking it's ugly head out, I attack it. This kid was way over-hyped for no other reason than he was a cousin of Darrin Sproles. He was promoted within the system unrighteously, and I hate that! He did nothing all year long to justify continuing using him on so many snaps. He looked awkward as hell out there and they just kept giving him snaps. He needs to redshirt 2019 and then see if he can be a positive force. One wide open catch on a 10 yard pass in the end zone doesn't mean diddly.

bisonforever
01-06-2019, 06:07 AM

WR: Trey Lance,Seth Wilson,Christian Watson,Andy Voyen,Zach Mathis,Victor Kizewski

DE: Derek Tuszcka,Spencer Waege,Logan McCormick,Tony Pierce,Tanner Sundt,Bartholomew Ogbu,Justice Kelly

CB: Marquise Bridges,Josh Hayes,Dom Davis,Destin Talbert,Anthony Coleman,Tre Fort,Terrell Hall

Kicker: Jake Reinholz,Griffin Crosa Pretty good. But you are drunk if you think Lance will be moved to Wr! He will more than likely be the starter in the Butler game. With that said, I am pretty sure that was troll move by you.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 06:36 AM
Pretty good. But you are drunk if you think Lance will be moved to Wr! He will more than likely be the starter in the Butler game. With that said, I am pretty sure that was troll move by you.

No man, I have posted it before. IMO, the best thing that could happen to the Bison offense in the 2019 season would be to find a spot on accurate QB with excellent timing who could fully exploit the enormous talent on this squad.

When I posted before, I mentioned the QB who followed Kleiman to KSU, and Holden Hotchkiss as guys who could fill that roll, but Zeb Holman fits it all the more. I think Trey Lance is an extraordinary athlete with elite skills who could dominate at the WR position more than Weineke or perhaps even Kupp ever did.

The Bison have a history of converting QB's to other positions where they flourish. I tell you, if Zeb comes in this spring and flashes, and Holden shows to be a superior passer to Trey, it isn't all that improbable considering our WR situation is looking rather pedestrian.

Rixen
01-06-2019, 07:30 AM
Not a betting man but holy shit would I like to make a few bets on that 3-deep roster prediction. A+ trolling, Alsen.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 08:17 AM
Not a betting man but holy shit would I like to make a few bets on that 3-deep roster prediction. A+ trolling, Alsen.

Just because somebody goes a little outside the box and offends your sheep mentality doesn't make them a troll. It just means they are more capable of creative thinking than you are.

So why don't you just take your moronic, imbecilic, vulgar, profanity laced crap, and shove it really, really hard down your idiot throat and maybe you will regurgitate it so hard it will somehow burst into such a torrent that it will deluge your frozen brain and release you to think like a normal human.

bison_by_blood
01-06-2019, 08:18 AM

Kicker: Jake Reinholz,Griffin Crosa

Please, nobody take this idiot serious. That is all

Alsen
01-06-2019, 08:28 AM
Please, nobody take this idiot serious. That is all

Post your own three deep; Otherwise, please, nobody take this coward serious. Do you have anything intelligent or creative to post, or do you just vaguely critique others posts??

Put up....or Shutup!!

bison_by_blood
01-06-2019, 08:35 AM
Post your own three deep; Otherwise, please, nobody take this coward serious. Do you have anything intelligent or creative to post, or do you just vaguely critique others posts??

Put up....or Shutup!!

Sorry, busy partying in Frisco with the real fans. I’ll post a real 3 deep in the off-season.

Alsen
01-06-2019, 08:55 AM
Sorry, busy partying in Frisco with the real fans. I’ll post a real 3 deep in the off-season.

It IS officially the off-season. You aren't in Frisco. And you will never post a three deep. You are a genuine phony. Put up, or shut up!!

Alsen
01-06-2019, 09:20 AM
I am leaving this thread with this one age old thought; a good coach knows how to get his best players on the competitive field of play for the maximum amount of time.

I believe Matt Entz is a smart man and a good coach. I believe he will make the right decisions that will get our best football players out on the field of play and give the Bison the best chance to win in 2019 and beyond.

scottietohottie
01-06-2019, 10:55 AM
I am leaving this thread with this one age old thought; a good coach knows how to get his best players on the competitive field of play for the maximum amount of time.

I believe Matt Entz is a smart man and a good coach. I believe he will make the right decisions that will get our best football players out on the field of play and give the Bison the best chance to win in 2019 and beyond.

And having Zeb hold the clipboard on our sideline prevents him from playing qb for Jon Stigelmeier or any other FCS coach for that matter. And heck maybe even get to start a game or two at nattydsu.

X-Factor
01-06-2019, 12:57 PM
And having Zeb hold the clipboard on our sideline prevents him from playing qb for Jon Stigelmeier or any other FCS coach for that matter. And heck maybe even get to start a game or two at nattydsu.

If I had to venture a guess based on their fan sentiment, the Jacks have a real problem at QB in 2019. Noland in Fargo and the K-State transfer to UTEP really puts the screws on their coaching staff. Maybe more transfers will materialize by signing day?

Hand it to Alsen for stepping out on a limb. If our young WRs don’t step up quick and Zeb is the real deal at QB, why not make it happen? After all, Jabril Cox was a pretty damn good HS QB too

DM05
01-06-2019, 01:51 PM
QB: Lance/Noland/Hotchkiss: competition in the QB room is not a bad thing at all. I think Lance is the top contender right now, but Noland can sling it. Whoever plays just needs someone to catch it.
RB: Brooks-Cofield-Wilson-Clark: they’ll all share the load. Really liked what Cofield and Clark did this year, hope Wilson can get healthy.
WR: ???…..Watson, Sproles, Mathis, Stewart, Voyen: Who knows? Hope Watson can make a giant leap this offseason.
TE/FB: Ellefson, Babicz, Malstrom, Gindorff, hopefully Robbins: plenty of talent but the young TE’s sure didn’t blow up like some expected this year. With questions at WR, this group could get massive work next year.
OL: Radunz, Johnson, Cordell Volson……Jensen, Schoening, Willis, some of the younger guys: lose a lot of snaps up the middle, but plenty of talent and depth in reserve. Returning bookend tackles certainly doesn’t hurt. Interested to see where Volson ends up starting.

DE: Tuszka, Waege……McCormick, Sundt, Pierce, Reed Ryan: Top two are studs, but need to replace lots of depth.
DT: Karcz….Darnell, Alo, Biegler, Tucker, Evans, Cook, Moore: Excited to see which of the young guys step up into significant roles; need to replace lots of depth and Karcz and Darnell will be seniors.
LB: Cox…..Hankey, Begley, Brown, Mercadel, Jasir Cox, Kartes, Weerts, Dwyer, Hendricks: Best player in FCS on either side of the ball + lots of competition for the other two spots. These guys will play huge roles on special teams.
CB: Bridges, Hayes, Talbert…..Price, Davis, Hall, Coleman: decent foundation, but need depth.
S: Hendricks, Tutsie…..Kaczor, Enz, Weber: Hendricks has become a damn solid safety, Tutsie has looked good in limited time.

Special teams: Kennelly back at LS and was solid all year, Wegner should be all-american next two years, need to break in a kicker.

Entz will have a fun start to his head coaching career: Butler at Target Field, Fawkers, @ Delaware, host UC Davis before the MVFC gauntlet.

Remarkable amount of young talent and quite a bit of returning proven players to build around. Spring football will be really fun to follow, need to keep developing depth. Biggest questions to me are QB, WR, and replacing 5 seniors on the D-line.

Vet70
01-06-2019, 02:06 PM
If I had to venture a guess based on their fan sentiment, the Jacks have a real problem at QB in 2019. Noland in Fargo and the K-State transfer to UTEP really puts the screws on their coaching staff. Maybe more transfers will materialize by signing day?

Hand it to Alsen for stepping out on a limb. If our young WRs don’t step up quick and Zeb is the real deal at QB, why not make it happen? After all, Jabril Cox was a pretty damn good HS QB too

If Aleson really wants to step out on a limb he should accept Mr. Burgandy's proposed bet.'

NachZ
01-06-2019, 02:07 PM
Per his Twitter account, NDSU has offered Colgate grad transfer T. j. Holl.

IzzyFlexion
01-06-2019, 02:38 PM
per his twitter account, ndsu has offered colgate grad transfer t. J. Holl.

sign him up!!!!

X-Factor
01-06-2019, 03:21 PM
Hall played ILB in a base 3-4 for Colgate this year. I assume he would play Mike at NDSU?

ndsubison1
01-06-2019, 04:05 PM
Wilson will stay at RB. Could be RB1 with the typical rotation of Brooks, Clark, Cofield. Williams should move back to a slot receiver and occasionally playing in the backfield.

A lot of new faces, but a lot of these guys were highly recruited/different caliber athlete compared to just a few years ago. I do not see an undefeated season, but still compete for another title.

wagsabison
01-06-2019, 04:06 PM
Just because somebody goes a little outside the box and offends your sheep mentality doesn't make them a troll. It just means they are more capable of creative thinking than you are.

So why don't you just take your moronic, imbecilic, vulgar, profanity laced crap, and shove it really, really hard down your idiot throat and maybe you will regurgitate it so hard it will somehow burst into such a torrent that it will deluge your frozen brain and release you to think like a normal human.

This is fun. You put a lot of time into this.

fmfantasy
01-06-2019, 04:10 PM
I like how we all worry every year about who will step up but its been 8 years of constant studs starting and I dont think it will end...

unless someone has some inside info on a bunch of guys that haven't developed at all or are complete busts?

fmfantasy
01-06-2019, 04:12 PM
I wont rip that guys 3 deep much but if we win a Natty with a QB that cant run and our 2 best WR are converted QB and RB then expect our OC to jump right to a P5 school next year.

Bison20
01-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Wr is probably the biggest question mark going into the off season. I think Watson showed some good things as the season went on. No doubt in my mind that Williams has to move back to wr and fill in the shep role. Possibly get Wilson some reps in the slot. Be interesting to see if hotchskiss or Sanders leaves or switches positions.

ndsubison1
01-06-2019, 05:07 PM
I like how we all worry every year about who will step up but its been 8 years of constant studs starting and I dont think it will end...

unless someone has some inside info on a bunch of guys that haven't developed at all or are complete busts?

There should always be a worry esp when a new coach os coming in. Nothing is guaranteed.

Jay
01-06-2019, 06:07 PM
I'll update as pieces change. Fun to look at what's coming, class sizes, etc.

Offense depth and eligibility grid -

Defense depth and eligibility grid -

Special teams depth and eligibility

noryan34
01-06-2019, 06:18 PM
I'll update as pieces change. Fun to look at what's coming, class sizes, etc.

Offense depth and eligibility grid -

Defense depth and eligibility grid -

Special teams depth and eligibility

Looks good!! Believe your missing a Starting OL though

Jay
01-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Looks good!! Believe your missing a Starting OL though

*Fixed. i just clipped my image too short. Thanks.

noryan34
01-06-2019, 06:28 PM
Looking at that chart and some of the bios. What are the chances Mercadel will be granted a medical redshirt for 2020? His bio says he was limited due to injury in 2016 and he missed this year due to injuty. Also, thoughts on him moving inside to MLB?

3Putt
01-06-2019, 08:39 PM
*Fixed. i just clipped my image too short. Thanks.

Do you have some inside info on TJ Holl or just seeing if we are paying attention?

Jay
01-06-2019, 09:50 PM
Do you have some inside info on TJ Holl or just seeing if we are paying attention?

NDSU offered him yesterday.

ndsubison1
01-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Bussey reminds me of a mix of Bruce and Sigers

2011BisonAlumni
01-07-2019, 02:48 AM
I’m looking forward to Trey Lance.

I think he will start and be the real deal. He’s faster than Stick and has a cannon for an arm.

89MTBISON
01-07-2019, 02:56 AM
An undefeated regular season would get us to 33 consecutive wins.

23Bison
01-07-2019, 02:59 AM
Nothing against Zeb but I believe we need a QB that is athletic and has the ability to run. Now, I haven't seen much game film from Zeb but from what I have seen and from what people have said he isn't the most mobile person in the world. That doesn't mean he can't scramble or maybe gain a few yards here and there on the ground but he sure isn't Easton, Carson or even Brock for that matter as far as the feet are concerned. I'll give him credit though, he sure does have a good arm and can really sling it. Spring camp will be interesting to say the least. I wouldn't be surprised to see both Trey and Zeb start a early game. Kind of feel bad for Holden. I really don't think he'll have much of a chance at starting for NDSU. Time will tell I guess.

Vet70
01-07-2019, 03:05 AM
An undefeated regular season would get us to 33 consecutive wins.
While we are dreaming why not make it 37? :D

89MTBISON
01-07-2019, 03:11 AM

Better yet, the all division record is 47 by Oklahoma.

Vet70
01-07-2019, 03:15 AM
Better yet, the all division record is 47 by Oklahoma.

Now you are getting greedy. :rofl:

89MTBISON
01-07-2019, 03:18 AM
It would include beating the Ducks in their house in 2020, so yes, I'll be greedy!

tony
01-07-2019, 11:29 AM

69 would be nice.

EagleBison
01-07-2019, 01:18 PM
Any update on Robbins status for next year, or is that yet to be determined?

Jay
01-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Any update on Robbins status for next year, or is that yet to be determined?

Yet to be determined.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-07-2019, 03:02 PM
Wilson will stay at RB. Could be RB1 with the typical rotation of Brooks, Clark, Cofield. Williams should move back to a slot receiver and occasionally playing in the backfield.

A lot of new faces, but a lot of these guys were highly recruited/different caliber athlete compared to just a few years ago. I do not see an undefeated season, but still compete for another title.

I think we'll see Williams in a sort of "Ty Montgomery role" like in Green Bay. They're going to move him from slot to RB, play a lot in the delta formation. I think we'll see more WR sweeps next year from him specifically.

Hammerhead
01-07-2019, 04:21 PM
There were also 24 seniors (and a pretty good QB to replace) on the 2013 roster just like this past season.

ndsubison1
01-07-2019, 04:28 PM
Also think Cofield deserves a bigger role.

RossUglem
01-07-2019, 05:33 PM
2019 Way too Early Preview (https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/2019-Bison-Football-A-Way-too-Early-Preview-127422786/) is up

Stary2k11
01-07-2019, 05:49 PM
2019 Way too Early Preview (https://247sports.com/college/north-dakota-state/Article/2019-Bison-Football-A-Way-too-Early-Preview-127422786/) is up

Great work! Your article did a great job of easing my worries for next season.

Jay
01-07-2019, 06:34 PM
RE: Brock Robbins

Beth Hoole‏Verified account @bethhooleVNL (https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL) 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1082357578103955457)

My source told me Wednesday the NDSU appeal was denied and the 1-year, NCAA sanctioned suspension would be upheld.

https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1082357578103955457 (https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1082357578103955457)

bajadanny
01-07-2019, 06:38 PM
What the he k did he do??

BadlandsBison
01-07-2019, 06:48 PM

That TJ Holl from Colgate was an awesome linebacker. Even on the other team he was amazing to watch. Get this guy to Fargo please.

Bison20
01-07-2019, 06:59 PM
RE: Brock Robbins

Beth Hoole‏Verified account @bethhooleVNL (https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL) 8m8 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1082357578103955457)

My source told me Wednesday the NDSU appeal was denied and the 1-year, NCAA sanctioned suspension would be upheld.

https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1082357578103955457 (https://twitter.com/bethhooleVNL/status/1082357578103955457)

Does he lose his last year or eligibility?

ndsubison1
01-07-2019, 07:05 PM
Does he lose his last year or eligibility?

Yes he would. Its a year suspension.

ndsubison1
01-07-2019, 07:06 PM
This team may lose a couple games next year and who knows if we win it. But this team has a lot of young talent and could be freakishly good by 2020.

IzzyFlexion
01-07-2019, 07:12 PM
What the he k did he do??

Coach Kleiman said during a pre-championship game press conference that the suspension was because of the presence of a banned stimulant.

Here is what the NCAA site lists in that category:

Stimulants:
amphetamine (Adderall); caffeine (guarana); cocaine; ephedrine; methamphetamine; methylphenidate (Ritalin); synephrine (bitter orange); dimethylamylamine (DMAA, methylhexanamine); “bath salts” (mephedrone); Octopamine; hordenine; dimethylbutylamine (DMBA, AMP, 4-amino methylpentane citrate); phenethylamines (PEAs); dimethylhexylamine (DMHA, Octodrine) etc.
exceptions: phenylephrine and pseudoephedrine are not banned.

http://www.ncaa.org/2018-19-ncaa-banned-drugs-list

wagsabison
01-07-2019, 07:29 PM
Also think Cofield deserves a bigger role.

He was the go to guy at the end of blow outs to just pound the rock. I thought he looked like a good runner and will definitely be a big part of the action next year.

BisonFan2018
01-07-2019, 07:39 PM
My too early 2 Deep prediction.

QB- Trey Lance, Zeb Noland
RB- (1A) Seth Wilson (1B) Ty Brooks (2) Adam Cofield
FB- Garrett Malstrom, Hunter Luepke (Obviously Brock Robbins if he can play is #1)
X WR: Christian Watson, Zach Mattis
Z WR: Phoenix Sproles, Andy Voyen
Slot WR: Dimitri Williams, Trevor Heit
TE" Ben Ellefson, Matt Anderson
LT: Dillon Radunz, Josh Howieson
LG: Nash Jensen, Jacob Kubas
C: Karson Schoening, Zach Willis
RG: Cordelle Volson, Jack Albrecht
RT: Zach Johnson, Jalen Sundell
DE: Derrek Tuszka, Logan McCormick
DE: Spencer Waege, Tony Pierce Jr
NG: Jack Darnell, Quinn Alo
DT: Cole Karcz, Matt Biegler
MLB: Jackson Hankey, Beau Pauly
SLB: Jabril Cox, Mark Stumpf
WLB: Jaxon Brown, Aaron Mercadel
CB: Marquise Bridges, Destin Talbert
CB: Josh Hayes, Trey Fort
FS: James Hendricks, Jackson Enz
SS: Michael Tutsie, James Kaczor

Kermit
01-07-2019, 08:10 PM

FB- Garrett Malstrom, Hunter Luepke (Obviously Brock Robbins if he can play is #1)

You did a nice job here. I will just make a few comments:

I think there will be an opportunity for someone to get carries as the "power back." Saybein Clark, I'm looking at you. I think there is a good chance that Jalen Bussey will find an immediate role. He reminds me of Mike Sigers on video.

If Robbins is unable to play, I think we will see the current trend towards more 1 back, 2 TE sets to accelerate. We need Babicz and Gindorff to step up.

We need some young linebackers to develop. I think Mark Stumpf will be a Will like his brother. I wouldn't be surprised to see a true freshman in the 2-deep at linebacker. I'm really excited about the 4 kids coming in. I bet a couple of them play special teams at least.

Another big question will be who plays the nickel? Wimbush was really well suited to that role.

MankatoBison
01-07-2019, 08:24 PM
Every single prediction is too early at this point... but if Trey were to be a 4 years starter, he'd have a few more games to break the all time wins record at QB.... AGAIN.

How absolutely insane is it to think that a 3rd NDSU QB has a legitimate shot at that record?

yopaulie
01-08-2019, 12:28 AM
Every single prediction is too early at this point... but if Trey were to be a 4 years starter, he'd have a few more games to break the all time wins record at QB.... AGAIN.

How absolutely insane is it to think that a 3rd NDSU QB has a legitimate shot at that record?

Love the optimism. Other than not being named starter yet, or having started and won any games for us yet, he's right on track for the record! :)

Bisonfanatical
01-08-2019, 12:54 AM

Lord knows there is a shortage of 3 star QBs who can lose more games as a starter than they win ... oh yes, it is better to lose to fbs schools though ... a better quality of defeat ... right?

Vet70
01-08-2019, 12:56 AM
Love the optimism. Other than not being named starter yet, or having started and won any games for us yet, he's right on track for the record! :)

https://media1.tenor.com/images/98fdbcba5d42214f3e1c33d0c11017a8/tenor.gif?itemid=5588719

gizmo
01-08-2019, 07:11 PM

Obviously quite a bit of experience on that list but there are many longtime, familiar names missing. I guess this is the first time I have really paid much attention to the big changes that will occur after this amazing senior class is gone.

DCinOK
01-09-2019, 12:15 AM
I think Tutsie is going to be a stud at SS.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-09-2019, 01:51 AM

I agree with this statement

EC8CH
01-09-2019, 01:54 AM

He's a thumper on special teams. Always a good sign.

Bisonwinagn
01-09-2019, 04:01 AM
Trey could break the record even with zero titles.

wagsabison
01-09-2019, 07:34 PM

Experience in big games? You make it seem like he lead ISU for a couple years. He has experience but it isn’t like he played every snap against top opponents. There will be a healthy competition for who the starter is and I think at this point it’s a toss up.

HuskerBizon
01-09-2019, 08:31 PM
Jalen Hurt is available....lol

Alsen
01-12-2019, 12:23 AM

He already is. He was blocked by Grimsley, but make no mistake, he has already arrived. He could be the best safety to ever play for the Bison.

Twincitybizon
01-12-2019, 12:31 AM
He already is. He was blocked by Grimsley, but make no mistake, he has already arrived. He could be the best safety to ever play for the Bison.

Pump the brakes crackhead

CAS4127
01-12-2019, 12:47 AM

If T misses a tackle, and I mean “A” tackle, he will be relegated to Alsen’s shit list. And I wonder if Alsen has even ever had the opportunity to try to attempt a tackle on an elite player. I doubt it, cuz even the best miss at times. But what they do is make game-changing plays when things matter.

Grimsley to the NDSU HOF as quickly as allowed by rules IMO.

EC8CH
01-12-2019, 12:49 AM
If T misses a tackle, and I mean “A” tackle, he will be relegated to Alsen’s shit list. And I wonder if Alsen has even ever had the opportunity to try to attempt a tackle on an elite player. I doubt it, cuz even the best miss at times. But what they do is make game-changing plays when things matter.

The Golden Heagle once bounced off of David Johnson.

True Story!

Alsen
01-12-2019, 12:52 AM

Wait and see. You will regret your post. Do try to pay attention. Some things are just obvious. Bison have some legitimate studs rising through their ranks and Tutsie is preeminent among them, and Seth Wilson could be an all-american as soon as next year if he is used right. Bison also have some paper tigers in their ranks, they will be exposed.

reformedUNDfan
01-12-2019, 12:56 AM
I wish I had more neg rep to give alsen

Trey could break the record even with zero titles.

57-4 with 4 title game losses?

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-12-2019, 12:56 AM
Bison also have some paper tigers in their ranks, they will be exposed.

What Bison fan would say that?

Alsen
01-12-2019, 01:11 AM
What Bison fan would say that?

A Bison fan who cares about winning. A guy who cares about justice, and wants to see the guys who actually deserve to be getting snaps, getting them.

There is a reason why at every level of every sport the wrong players get the accolades and laurels they don't deserve. It is bad fans who support the rah rah popular players instead of the hard working guys who deserve the praise.

This is why every year in the MLB All Star Game and the NFL Pro Bowl there are snub lists.

Like I posted before, smart coaches know how to get their best players on field of play for the ideal number of plays or minutes, no matter what sport it is.

I believe Entz will take control of this team and make sure he maximizes every position on the field. I believe he will be fair and give the opportunities to the guys who deserve it.

24 seniors gone and 21 of those seniors played significant if not all snaps. There are a myriad of different decisions to be made. God bless our coaching staff.

May the best man win.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-12-2019, 01:18 AM
It is bad fans who support the rah rah popular players instead of the hard working guys who deserve the praise.

You're fake

Twincitybizon
01-12-2019, 01:25 AM

1000% on board for the grim reaper in the Hof! I like Tuts slot but dude hasn't played yet. Best ever? Probably should wait a game or two....

Twincitybizon
01-12-2019, 01:30 AM
Wait and see. You will regret your post. Do try to pay attention. Some things are just obvious. Bison have some legitimate studs rising through their ranks and Tutsie is preeminent among them, and Seth Wilson could be an all-american as soon as next year if he is used right. Bison also have some paper tigers in their ranks, they will be exposed.

Who don't you like? Ie paper tigers?

EC8CH
01-12-2019, 01:31 AM

No. Please God no. Don't encourage it.

Twincitybizon
01-12-2019, 01:34 AM
No. Please God no. Don't encourage it.

Curiosity got the better of me.... ��

Christopher Moen
01-12-2019, 02:17 AM

Based just off a few posts he has written the past week on this thread, Phoenix Sproles and Trey Lance are two of the players he'll be treating like he did with Grimsley.

Alsen
01-12-2019, 02:21 AM

Seriously, what are you 10, maybe 12 years old? "Who don't I like?" I don't like you! You are an ignorant fan. Your thoughts and accusations make no sense. Your the problem!

You are like someone on acid trying to play chess.

What did I just post? Do you even know? I would like to here your rendition.

StL Bison Fan
01-12-2019, 02:25 AM
The Golden Heagle once bounced off of David Johnson.

True Story!
True, but remember when he destroyed that bunny in the playoffs?
(I think it was the playoffs but I can still see that hit. He was a freshman too)

Alsen
01-12-2019, 02:30 AM
Based just off a few posts he has written the past week on this thread, Phoenix Sproles and Trey Lance are two of the players he'll be treating like he did with Grimsley.

I love Trey Lance. I think he will be a great football player, whatever the future holds. He is a great young man from the testimony of everyone whose ever known him. Just because I think he might? might? be a better receiver than a passer doesn't diminish that.

Grimsley was one of the smartest and most fundamentally sound players to ever put on a Bison uniform. He had great ball skills and played smart and skilled football with passion every time out. He wasn't a great tackler. He was adequate. Anyone who argues that point just wasn't paying attention. He deserved his awards, everyone of them.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-12-2019, 02:43 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-favorites-win-2019-fcs-national-title-bzbz

23Bison
01-12-2019, 03:01 AM
https://herosports.com/fcs/football-favorites-win-2019-fcs-national-title-bzbz
Well according to this article, NDSU won’t have a dominant defense in 2019. I’ll just go ahead and say that is a false statement and the nation will see it next fall.

ndsubison1
01-12-2019, 04:26 AM
I wish I had more neg rep to give alsen

57-4 with 4 title game losses?

Couple of 12 game seasons coming up

EC8CH
01-12-2019, 06:55 AM
True, but remember when he destroyed that bunny in the playoffs?
(I think it was the playoffs but I can still see that hit. He was a freshman too)

Just pointing out an example of how CAS said even the great players miss plays against elite competition.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-12-2019, 11:24 AM
Well according to this article, NDSU won’t have a dominant defense in 2019. I’ll just
Go ahead and say that is a false statement and the nation will see it next fall.

I know. Just had to clean the slate of Falsen. Bad for the pallet, so to speak

17>1
01-12-2019, 02:20 PM
A Bison fan who cares about winning. A guy who cares about justice, and wants to see the guys who actually deserve to be getting snaps, getting them.

There is a reason why at every level of every sport the wrong players get the accolades and laurels they don't deserve. It is bad fans who support the rah rah popular players instead of the hard working guys who deserve the praise.

This is why every year in the MLB All Star Game and the NFL Pro Bowl there are snub lists.

Like I posted before, smart coaches know how to get their best players on field of play for the ideal number of plays or minutes, no matter what sport it is.

I believe Entz will take control of this team and make sure he maximizes every position on the field. I believe he will be fair and give the opportunities to the guys who deserve it.

24 seniors gone and 21 of those seniors played significant if not all snaps. There are a myriad of different decisions to be made. God bless our coaching staff.

May the best man win.

You're a Bison fan who cares about winning? We just won another national championship with 21 of those 24 seniors playing significant snaps. Dude, you're all over the place. I'd much rather be a fan that supports the rah rah popular player than the "fan" that comes on a fan forum and calls out players by name and says how bad they are the way you do and have in the past. There's a difference between constructive criticism and what you do. You couldn't have been more wrong about Robbie and most everyone here knows it.

Twincitybizon
01-12-2019, 03:08 PM
Seriously, what are you 10, maybe 12 years old? "Who don't I like?" I don't like you! You are an ignorant fan. Your thoughts and accusations make no sense. Your the problem!

You are like someone on acid trying to play chess.

What did I just post? Do you even know? I would like to here your rendition.

Pretty straight forward question but fine be a cunt

StL Bison Fan
01-12-2019, 03:09 PM
Just pointing out an example of how CAS said even the great players miss plays against elite competition.
I got that.

fmfantasy
01-12-2019, 05:39 PM

May the best man win.

How do you even begin to critique a coaching staff that just went undefeated? So with Entz maximizing every position on the field next year how many more games do the Bison win then last year?

GOBISON123
01-12-2019, 08:25 PM
How do you even begin to critique a coaching staff that just went undefeated? So with Entz maximizing every position on the field next year how many more games do the Bison win then last year?

I understand Entz hired to replace Coach K , I don't understand Randy Hedberg promoted to Associate HC, Tyler Rhoel OC , Grant Olson LB hires . I think with new QB and Tyler Rohel inexperience we will run the ball more. More like what Tim Polasek did with Easton. There may be some confusion with who and what on Defense. With this I anticipate a 7-3 season next year with loses to UNI, Jacks and Penguins

BFKasper14
01-12-2019, 08:26 PM
Pretty straight forward question but fine be a cunt

I thought it was pretty straight forward too. Alsen, he is wondering who the supposed paper tigers are on the team. When you make a statement like that, we just wonder who you’re talking about. No need to get salty. Just answer the question.

bisonforever
01-12-2019, 08:50 PM
I understand Entz hired to replace Coach K , I don't understand Randy Hedberg promoted to Associate HC, Tyler Rhoel OC , Grant Olson LB hires . I think with new QB and Tyler Rohel inexperience we will run the ball more. More like what Tim Polasek did with Easton. There may be some confusion with who and what on Defense. With this I anticipate a 7-3 season next year with loses to UNI, Jacks and Penguins So...... we are going to have 2 games cancelled?

1998braves64
01-12-2019, 09:16 PM
I understand Entz hired to replace Coach K , I don't understand Randy Hedberg promoted to Associate HC, Tyler Rhoel OC , Grant Olson LB hires . I think with new QB and Tyler Rohel inexperience we will run the ball more. More like what Tim Polasek did with Easton. There may be some confusion with who and what on Defense. With this I anticipate a 7-3 season next year with loses to UNI, Jacks and Penguins
Probably a token thank you to hedberg sticking around. He's still going to be coaching QBs (passing coordinator part of his title). Also I'm guessing he'll probably help roehl transition into a play caller. That said being he didn't go with Klieman to KSU that he's probably going to retire after a handful more years here being he's in his mid 60s.

Eventually position coaches have to transition to a coordinator, think roehl has the ability, will know in a year! He has contacts with a few of NDSU's succesful ones. Can't imagine they couldn't "help" if he really felt he was struggling and he gave them a call.

You do realize normally there are 11 games in a season and next year we have 12, so unless 2 get cancelled, so 7-3 isn't likely. [emoji3]
Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2019, 09:39 PM
Probably a token thank you to hedberg sticking around. He's still going to be coaching QBs (passing coordinator part of his title). Also I'm guessing he'll probably help roehl transition into a play caller. That said being he didn't go with Klieman to KSU that he's probably going to retire after a handful more years here being he's in his mid 60s.

Eventually position coaches have to transition to a coordinator, think roehl has the ability, will know in a year! He has contacts with a few of NDSU's succesful ones. Can't imagine they couldn't "help" if he really felt he was struggling and he gave them a call.

You do realize normally there are 11 games in a season and next year we have 12, so unless 2 get cancelled, so 7-3 isn't likely. [emoji3]

Weird. It's like he doesn't know what he's talking about.

GOBISON123
01-12-2019, 10:32 PM

My bad, not 7-3, atleast 3 loses.

Twincitybizon
01-12-2019, 10:43 PM

I could see 2-3 loses, but not ysu. They are not better next year. They weren't good this year. Is pick isur as the other loss

Bison 4 Life
01-12-2019, 10:47 PM
I could see 2-3 loses, but not ysu. They are not better next year. They weren't good this year. Is pick isur as the other loss

Nor is SDSU. They whiffed on getting Zeb Noland. They are a bigger question mark at QB than we are next year, and our offense isn't overly reliant on a chuck and duck QB

23Bison
01-12-2019, 11:44 PM
I’m just going to go ahead and say that we don’t lose one regular season game.

EC8CH
01-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Maybe Bison went after Zeb to have an experienced backup in order to allow Trey Lance to cut it loose in the ground game to avoid another Mertens situation.

Mr. Burgundy
01-12-2019, 11:58 PM
We've also added a QB walk on and we are still recruiting a high school quarterback to add to this class. This maybe should be in recruiting thread. But, it's applicable here.

mtoutfitter
01-13-2019, 12:18 AM
We've also added a QB walk on and we are still recruiting a high school quarterback to add to this class. This maybe should be in recruiting thread. But, it's applicable here.

I'm assuming the walk on QB has not been identified yet Mr B? Or should I say that his name has not been made public yet.

Tony Almeida
01-13-2019, 02:11 AM
Why is everyone forgetting about the Redbirds? You too Sam Herder. Especially when the game is away.

Rock
01-13-2019, 02:29 AM

Fine 14-3.

23Bison
01-13-2019, 03:20 AM
Not going to lose a single game next year. The defense will still be lit and carry the team for the most part till the offense starts to click. Then everyone had better watch out! Back to back undefeated season and the FBS talk will explode like never before.

Go Bison!

ndsubison1
01-13-2019, 05:15 AM
Not going to lose a single game next year. The defense will still be lit and carry the team for the most part till the offense starts to click. Then everyone had better watch out! Back to back undefeated season and the FBS talk will explode like never before.

Go Bison!

Sdsu brings back a lot and if they get good QB play could win the conference. We will play them in Frisco at some point.

StL Bison Fan
01-13-2019, 10:45 AM
Sdsu brings back a lot and if they get good QB play could win the conference. We will play them in Frisco at some point.

Could they? Yes, I believe they could.
Will they? They can’t get past the big games. So I would be surprised they could get it done

gizmo
01-13-2019, 11:18 AM
Other teams: "Finally, our turn has come. NDSU is losing everybody."

Bison fans: "See you in Frisco."

Truth: The New Bison have a lot to prove.

Twincitybizon
01-13-2019, 03:43 PM
Other teams: "Finally, our turn has come. NDSU is losing everybody."

Bison fans: "See you in Frisco."

Truth: The New Bison have a lot to prove.

Most interested to see the new LBs play together, wr growth (there better be some), qb competition, and don't forget about replacing the interior lineman. Line needs time to gel

CAS4127
01-13-2019, 03:57 PM
Most interested to see the new LBs play together, wr growth (there better be some), qb competition, and don't forget about replacing the interior lineman. Line needs time to gel

I like our early games for line to gel, and I’m way more concerned about WR group than I am LB group. Also need to get more production out of TEs, or at least given them more chances to be productive. Young TEs were highly touted when signed.

Twincitybizon
01-13-2019, 04:41 PM
I like our early games for line to gel, and I’m way more concerned about WR group than I am LB group. Also need to get more production out of TEs, or at least given them more chances to be productive. Young TEs were highly touted when signed.

Great point! Forgot about that TE group. I feel we have tremendous mismatches if they reach their (projected) potential. I love watching TEs catch and maul dbs

Twincitybizon
01-13-2019, 04:48 PM

Also, other than Vollson( who looks like a stud) how do you think the 2 new guys will do? Hard to replace AA fcs top lineman and center.

Bison 4 Life
01-13-2019, 04:49 PM
Also, other than Vollson( who looks like a stud) how do you think the 2 new guys will do? Hard to replace AA fcs top lineman and center.

yet we do it all the time.

TAILG8R
01-13-2019, 04:52 PM
10 TDs to the TEs this year from my count.

Twincitybizon
01-13-2019, 04:54 PM
10 TDs to the TEs this year from my count.

Talking about the Young blood, gindorff and babich who had little to no production

Twincitybizon
01-13-2019, 04:55 PM
yet we do it all the time.

I'm not trying to be negative just saying it's a hurdle we gotta jump over on our way to greatness this upcoming season. ��

EC8CH
01-13-2019, 05:36 PM
Talking about the Young blood, gindorff and babich who had little to no production

Not uncommon for young TEs especially when there are two more senior proven playmakers at the position. Learn to block first.

KSBisonFan
01-13-2019, 08:32 PM

What are the odds someone on the current roster transfers out?

EC8CH
01-13-2019, 08:34 PM
What are the odds someone on the current roster transfers out?

Sanders sounds pretty committed to program regardless of the depth chart.

reformedUNDfan
01-13-2019, 08:43 PM
What are the odds someone on the current roster switching positions?

FYP

Sanders is supposed to be a pretty solid athlete, he must have good hands...

KSBisonFan
01-13-2019, 08:55 PM
FYP

Sanders is supposed to be a pretty solid athlete, he must have good hands...

Yes, I thought of that too. Just looked up Sanders' profile on GoBison and noticed he also punted in HS. No mention of playing defense. Spring ball will be extra interesting this year.

Son of a Bison
01-13-2019, 09:59 PM
I would like to see us line up 3 tight ends in tight or even 1 in backfield initially and show run so other team subs or lines up heavy. then split them out like wide receivers and out physical their safeties and corners or even get LB mismatch. Roehl can do this.

CAS4127
01-13-2019, 10:15 PM
I would like to see us line up 3 tight ends in tight or even 1 in backfield initially and show run so other team subs or lines up heavy. then split them out like wide receivers and out physical their safeties and corners or even get LB mismatch. Roehl can do this.

Solid take.

BisonNeil
01-13-2019, 10:39 PM
Perhaps one of the issues facing the 2019 Bison is that they have only six home games during the regular season compared to seven this past season. A younger team will be on the road for five games (including a home game NDSU gave up to play in MSP at Target field). It will be interesting to see if the maturity level is high enough to deal with the travel stress after being so spoiled this past year. But, maybe no big deal upon further reflection.

Twincitybizon
01-13-2019, 10:43 PM

This would be sexy, bison sexy

Son of a Bison
01-13-2019, 11:05 PM
This would be sexy, bison sexy

Maybe call it the “Twin Peaks” package after some T- - - ends from Frisco.

CAS4127
01-16-2019, 12:06 AM
The more I read and study, I become less concerned about players and more concerned about coaches. This is gonna be interesting and perhaps disappointing. Matt Larsen better have his radar up and NOT agree to long contracts.

scottietohottie
01-16-2019, 12:14 AM
The more I read and study, I become less concerned about players and more concerned about coaches. This is gonna be interesting and perhaps disappointing. Matt Larsen better have his radar up and NOT agree to long contracts.

When you say read and study does that mean Twitter? Just curious because I honestly don't tweet. And I would love to read and study this

HerdBot
01-16-2019, 01:14 AM

I think the way everything is laid out, we are in as good of shape if not better from a coaching staff than when we were when Bohl left.

My bigger concern is some coaches could be quick stop coaches

23Bison
01-16-2019, 01:27 AM
My only concern is the new DC. With the guys that will be around him such as Entz, Olson Gosier, I think there is enough experience there to teach him along the way
So my concern isn’t very high.

CAS4127
01-16-2019, 01:31 AM
When you say read and study does that mean Twitter? Just curious because I honestly don't tweet. And I would love to read and study this

More off of watching vids of existing coach interviews and reading bio’s, some of which came from twitter but is otherwise available. Think—>very green and inexperienced at many positions. Good players don’t automatically = good coaches, and I’m feeling some deer-in-headlights issues, up to HC level.

Think this—>coaches matter, and we have THE most inexperienced coaches in the MVFC and kinda in the FCS for that matter. Contrast that to what JMU put together for a staff. Gonna be interesting ...

CAS4127
01-16-2019, 02:20 AM
https://twitter.com/bethhoolevnl/status/1083511366894436352?s=21