PDA

View Full Version : NDSU / COLGATE TICKETS on sale tomorrow

bisonfanette
12-02-2018, 02:50 AM
I just want to mention something.
I rec'd many text messages from people who could not re-home their tickets. One person had 5 tickets in the 4th row, & the list went on & on. (illness & funerals)
Yes, they were posted in 2-3 places for face value. Many went unused. So I called the Veteran's Admin. in Fargo & spoke with a nice gal.
She said that if anyone would like to donate tickets, she would make arrangements to get Veterans to the game.
Quite honestly, if anyone wanted to purchase (lower row) tickets, & donate them to this cause, that would also be great. What a great Christmas gift!
Or donate your tickets if they become available.
Yes, some of the Veterans can't do stairs very well, so it would be best if the seats were a few rows down, or a few rows up from concourse level.
If they are in wheelchairs... we may be able to get them into the w/c accessible areas. We've done this before! Send a pm if you'd like more info.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2018, 02:52 AM
if i dont buy crest tickets..can i buy sdsu ticks next week w/ season tickets?

bisonaudit
12-02-2018, 02:56 AM
if i dont buy crest tickets..can i buy sdsu ticks next week w/ season tickets?

Why not? Do we have ticket Nazi’s now, too? “Where were you last Saturday!? No Soup For You!”

Christopher Moen
12-02-2018, 03:08 AM
I rec'd many text messages from people who could not re-home their tickets. One person had 5 tickets in the 4th row, & the list went on & on. (illness & funerals)
Yes, they were posted in 2-3 places for face value. Many went unused. So I called the Veteran's Admin. in Fargo & spoke with a nice gal.
She said that if anyone would like to donate tickets, she would make arrangements to get Veterans to the game.
Quite honestly, if anyone wanted to purchase (lower row) tickets, & donate them to this cause, that would also be great. What a great Christmas gift!
Yes, some of the Veterans can't do stairs very well, so it would be best if the seats were a few rows down, or a few rows up from concourse level.
If they are in wheelchairs... we may be able to get them into the w/c accessible areas. We've done this before! Send a pm if you'd like more info.

Great idea!!!

bisonfanette
12-02-2018, 10:45 PM
Right now you can buy Row O in section 12 - & higher. Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had opened up section 13 today... but it also makes sense to sell out 10-12 first.
I DO wish the students would get the same PHONE CALL that the Team makers receive. It has a nice touch of ENTHUSIASM.

PattyBison
12-02-2018, 10:49 PM
Right now you can buy Row O in section 12 - & higher. Honestly, I wouldn't have been surprised if they had opened up section 13 today... but it also makes sense to sell out 10-12 first.
I DO wish the students would get the same PHONE CALL that the Team makers receive. It has a nice touch of ENTHUSIASM.

If you want to reach college students, a phone call is a terrible idea.

bisonfanette
12-02-2018, 10:58 PM
If you want to reach college students, a phone call is a terrible idea.

OK, go ahead & TEXT them, I get that, but you won't get the ENERGY that was projected in that phone call.

Mr Meaty
12-02-2018, 11:34 PM
OK, go ahead & TEXT them, I get that, but you won't get the ENERGY that was projected in that phone call.

Use all UPPER CASE letters

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 11:41 PM
They don't want a text either. You have to Target them where they are with something that interests them. Snapchat story "ads" showing other students having fun before and during the game. Sponsored Instagram posts of students dancing around in the stands.

I don't kniw if any of that is happening or not and I won't say that is even the magic bullet but phone calls, texts and emails are not it.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

stevdock
12-03-2018, 12:52 AM
Lots of great tickets out there. We got row c in section 10 this afternoon. So excited as it’s been a while since I’ve been that low.

Hammerhead
12-03-2018, 12:58 AM
Lots of great tickets out there. We got row c in section 10 this afternoon. So excited as it’s been a while since I’ve been that low.

When did you buy those? Just like last week, the best end zone seats I could find right when they went on sale were much higher so we ended up in row Y in section 10 Last week we were in row EE in the same section.

bisonfanette
12-03-2018, 03:32 AM
When did you buy those? Just like last week, the best end zone seats I could find right when they went on sale were much higher so we ended up in row Y in section 10 Last week we were in row EE in the same section.

If you let the computer select the seats, it seems as tho you end up higher.
If you use the option to scroll into the section that you are interested in... I saw row B, row C, etc.

stevdock
12-03-2018, 12:15 PM

Right at 3 and the computer selected them for me. At 3 I didn't see the option to look around and choose the best option it just gave them to me.

scottietohottie
12-03-2018, 12:33 PM

So if season ticket holders have until Tuesday to purchase you bought some non season tickets. Crazy. I just don't understand what they are doing with season tickets.

PattyBison
12-03-2018, 12:41 PM
So if season ticket holders have until Tuesday to purchase you bought some non season tickets. Crazy. I just don't understand what they are doing with season tickets.

Section 10 is a student section.

Son of a Bison
12-03-2018, 01:35 PM
Tried to buy my season tickets via website this am. Could not find them in my account or in event calendar to purchase. Will try again later but hope it’s just a site hiccup.

Vet70
12-03-2018, 01:39 PM
Tried to buy my season tickets via website this am. Could not find them in my account or in event calendar to purchase. Will try again later but hope it’s just a site hiccup.

If I were you I would call and find out what is going on. Last year there were a couple of cases around us where the season tickets were sold by mistake.

Son of a Bison
12-03-2018, 02:03 PM
If I were you I would call and find out what is going on. Last year there were a couple of cases around us where the season tickets were sold by mistake.

Thanks for advice. Called and ordered with will call pick up. Mobile devices don’t always work with their website they said. Said to use desktop site or link from email they sent out Sunday.

Mr Meaty
12-03-2018, 02:10 PM

I did not see mine to purchase until after 9:00 last night.

tjbison
12-03-2018, 02:27 PM
No tickets in my account either

StL Bison Fan
12-03-2018, 03:40 PM
I purchased my tickets early yesterday morning. Confirmation e mail didn’t show up til last night so I expect late e ticket delivery. It did say somewhere that there would be a lag.
Still makes me nervous though

roadwarrior
12-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Ticket sales now closed until Wed AM.

bisonfanette
12-03-2018, 06:56 PM
Ticket sales now closed until Wed AM.

So they must have sold out sections 10-12 (hopefully) and that is a good thing!
The student tickets are on sale Monday & Tuesday 8: - 4:00 in the union or at the SHAC 8: - 5:00.
It will be interesting to see if they will fully occupy sections 13-15. Wishful thinking. Yes, students have finals next week.

BisonHorns
12-03-2018, 11:37 PM
I would love a full dome but 17,000 is a pretty frickin remarkable feat. I mean, in like 5 days worth of sales with no tv commercials that I am aware of they can sell that many tickets. Think of any other dome event. A concert has 4 to 6 months to sell tickets to reach that number don't they. I love being a fan of this program.

tjamz
12-03-2018, 11:47 PM
OK, go ahead & TEXT them, I get that, but you won't get the ENERGY that was projected in that phone call.Tcpa compliance issues with a blast text that you didn't opt in to receive. Potentially a 7 figure lawsuit.

I'd advise against a marketing text in this capacity.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

bisonfanette
12-04-2018, 12:02 AM
Tcpa compliance issues with a blast text that you didn't opt in to receive. Potentially a 7 figure lawsuit.
I'd advise against a marketing text in this capacity.
Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Don't worry, they got the usual email with instructions on how to get their tickets.

bisonfanette
12-04-2018, 02:21 PM
Yes, they were posted in 2-3 places for face value. Many went unused. So I called the Veteran's Admin. (Medical Center) in Fargo & spoke with a nice gal.

*** Just an update re: filling the dome, & tickets for Veterans. So far 6 tickets have been donated to get Veterans (& their helpers) into the game.
Please send a pm (or text or call me) if you would like information. Thank you!

Bookem
12-04-2018, 09:41 PM
*** Just an update re: filling the dome, & tickets for Veterans. So far 6 tickets have been donated to get Veterans (& their helpers) into the game.
Please send a pm (or text or call me) if you would like information. Thank you!

What if you don't need a helper! I'd be more interested but I'm on rugrat patrol this weekend and get to plenty of games.

bisonfanette
12-04-2018, 10:43 PM
In this case, the helpers are actually staff from the VA Med. Center in Fargo, who work with the Veterans on a regular basis.
One of them drives the bus (or van) & will bring them to the Fargodome.
If anyone has single tickets they wish to donate, that will provide entry for the staff, or the Veteran who needs to sit in a w/c.
Thank you!

Professor Chaos
12-05-2018, 01:27 PM
Roughly 1600 tickets available as of right now. I'm actually kind of pleasantly surprised it's that low. However, they have none available in section 23 (which is where the visitors seats are at) because I'm assuming they're still waiting for Colgate to return what they can't sell which will likely be a pretty good chunk of that section. They also have 4 student sections unavailable (section 10 and sections 13-15). Maybe Dan Marlette and others got the students a little worked up this week or maybe they're still waiting to see how many tickets students will claim and they'll put more from those sections out on sale later this week also.

bisonfanette
12-05-2018, 01:41 PM
Roughly 1600 tickets available as of right now. I'm actually kind of pleasantly surprised it's that low. However, they have none available in section 23 (which is where the visitors seats are at) because I'm assuming they're still waiting for Colgate to return what they can't sell which will likely be a pretty good chunk of that section. They also have 4 student sections unavailable (section 10 and sections 13-15). Maybe Dan Marlette and others got the students a little worked up this week or maybe they're still waiting to see how many tickets students will claim and they'll put more from those sections out on sale later this week also.

Yes, good news.... but section 10 tickets were available last Sunday to the general public. Probably saving 13-15 for students. Hopefully the tweet worked!

Hammerhead
12-05-2018, 03:17 PM
Going back to our first year in the playoffs, the average score vs. conference opponents in the regular season is 31-15. The average margin of victory in the playoffs is about 4 points larger with an average score of 33-15.

Bison"FANatic"
12-05-2018, 03:29 PM
To those that don't have tickets including the students??????????

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pRfNMAgxYs

cbline
12-05-2018, 06:35 PM
Got an email from the NCAA with links to the ticket sites for each game this weekend. As a percentage of seats already sold, NDSU blows the other three schools out of the water. Was shocked to see how many seats are open at the other stadiums.

oldmantutters
12-05-2018, 06:48 PM
Got an email from the NCAA with links to the ticket sites for each game this weekend. As a percentage of seats already sold, NDSU blows the other three schools out of the water. Was shocked to see how many seats are open at the other stadiums.Why? Have you not paid attention to FCS attendance before? This is pretty much par for the course without Montana hosting a game this weekend.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

cbline
12-05-2018, 06:53 PM
Why? Have you not paid attention to FCS attendance before? This is pretty much par for the course without Montana hosting a game this weekend.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Yes, I've paid attention before, but I certainly expected better results than what I saw two to three days out from the games.

bisonfanette
12-05-2018, 07:11 PM
Project FILL THE DOME with Veterans who love Bison Football!
I just got off the phone with a nice gentleman (Chris) from Project HART in Fargo.
He has at least 10 Veterans+ who would LOVE to attend the game on Sat. if possible.
If anyone would like to donate tickets so some of these Veterans could go, that would be awesome!
(Options: Either purchase tickets in section 12 Row T is available, or donate any unused ticket(s) that you may have.)
I spoke with the ticket office, & they suggested purchasing tickets in sec. 12, with the idea that there may be lower seats available in sec. 13, but we wouldn't know that until game day.
These Veterans are very ambulatory, and steps are not too much of an issue.
If you would like to contact me, please call/text or pm.
(The Fargo VA is bringing 8 Veterans.)

bisonaudit
12-05-2018, 10:26 PM
Going back to our first year in the playoffs, the average score vs. conference opponents in the regular season is 31-15. The average margin of victory in the playoffs is about 4 points larger with an average score of 33-15.

Yes. The conference is very, very good. 7 at-large caliber teams this year.

Christopher Moen
12-05-2018, 10:49 PM
Yes. The conference is very, very good. 7 at-large caliber teams this year.

I think there was too much parity for the average Joe to understand how good the MVFC was this year. They just look at the team records. The worse team in the conference, Southern Illinois, scored 41 points against a SEC team (Ole Miss). Also, five of their nine losses were within one score.