PDA

View Full Version : MSU Post Game Thoughts

Kevin
12-01-2018, 09:58 PM
1) Only thing worse than no hope is false hope. I wonder how many MSU fans they had a chance after that first long pass. They really should have gone for the TD there. Kicking the field goal was basically admitting defeat.
2) Easton Stick, still the best QB in FCS.
3) Anderson, Dunn, Brooks all go over 100 and I'm pretty sure we could have gotten Cofield there too. Amazing job by the line and backs.
4) LOL JMU
5) Congrats to the Bunnies. See you in a few weeks.

WeAreThePride
12-01-2018, 10:03 PM
12-0 baby! I’ve been saying all year, this JMU team is not what it was 2 years ago. Go Bison!

sage
12-01-2018, 10:05 PM
They are a very bad team but I know the herd are very, very good also. Not even a game I which I could of watched it. Go Bison!!!!

ZHerd
12-01-2018, 10:09 PM
12-0 baby! I’ve been saying all year, this JMU team is not what it was 2 years ago. Go Bison!

Ya I had JMU way overvalued even after the Elon loss

NDSU1980
12-01-2018, 10:12 PM
1) Only thing worse than no hope is false hope. I wonder how many MSU fans they had a chance after that first long pass. They really should have gone for the TD there. Kicking the field goal was basically admitting defeat.
2) Easton Stick, still the best QB in FCS.
3) Anderson, Dunn, Brooks all go over 100 and I'm pretty sure we could have gotten Cofield there too. Amazing job by the line and backs.
4) LOL JMU
5) Congrats to the Bunnies. See you in a few weeks.

Bunnies have to get by Kennesaw State first. Never underestimate the power of Stig to screw things up.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-01-2018, 10:14 PM
See sig. line.

DM05
12-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Bunnies have to get by Kennesaw State first. Never underestimate the power of Stig to screw things up.

Agreed. On the road, with 7 days to learn to stop the triple option....when was the last time SDSU played a triple option team? Jacks gave up 38 at Southern Illinois a couple weeks ago...

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-01-2018, 10:23 PM
It was closer than I thought it would be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
12-01-2018, 10:25 PM
It was closer than I thought it would be.

We always take the foot off the gas.

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2018, 10:41 PM
the score finally happened 98 victories later

KC Bison
12-01-2018, 10:44 PM
Seth Wilson can now play in the last potential 3 games and keep his red-shirt year.

Bison20
12-01-2018, 10:47 PM

Not sure anyone can hang with us outside of sdsu. Defense is so good but the offense has been lights out. One of the biggest strengths is mess calling plays. He has done a great job all year

HerdBot
12-01-2018, 10:48 PM

That's funny

oldmantutters
12-01-2018, 10:51 PM
the score finally happened 98 victories laterI thought I was 52-10, other team?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2018, 10:53 PM
I thought I was 52-10, other team?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

good catch.

Damn you NDSU

Vet70
12-02-2018, 12:21 AM
Lots of praise on their board for Saint Troy, "the leading rusher in the game". The kid was good but they don't realize that when you have 407 yards rushing it would be selfish of us to have just one guy do it? Favorite excuse? The refs didn't call holding. Some don't realize they lost by 42. No mention of the weather being a factor.

Christopher Moen
12-02-2018, 12:22 AM
Agreed. On the road, with 7 days to learn to stop the triple option....when was the last time SDSU played a triple option team? Jacks gave up 38 at Southern Illinois a couple weeks ago...

They lost to Cal Poly in 2016. That’s my guess.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 12:24 AM
They lost to Cal Poly in 2016. That’s my guess.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Look at some highlights from that game. The Jacks defense looked awful. Maybe Stig has learned a thing or two.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 12:26 AM
Lots of praise on their board for Saint Troy, "the leading rusher in the game". The kid was good but they don't realize that when you have 407 yards rushing it would be selfish of us to have just one guy do it? Favorite excuse? The refs didn't call holding. Some don't realize they lost by 42. No mention of the weather being a factor.

Bobkitten showed up in front of me after they all ready scored 3 points. Got up during the second quarter tuned around and says that's got to be a mistake. You guys didn't do all that. Pointed to the banners in the South endzone and leaves. Never came back. Drove 900 miles.

KSBisonFan
12-02-2018, 12:29 AM
Listening to the ESPN announcers made me miss Brian and Lee. Can't tell you how many times they got player's names wrong.

Bison20
12-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Listening to the ESPN announcers made me miss Brian and Lee. Can't tell you how many times they got player's names wrong.

I agree, every play they said the wrong guy

Vet70
12-02-2018, 12:31 AM
Bobkitten showed up in front of me after they all ready scored 3 points. Got up during the second quarter tuned around and says that's got to be a mistake. You guys didn't do all that. Pointed to the banners in the South endzone and leaves. Never came back. Drove 900 miles.

Nice Kid appeared after they kicked their field go and unfurled his Montana flag. I told him to come back after halftime. Never showed up or I just missed him.

ndsubison1
12-02-2018, 12:42 AM
My thoughts:

Who is better? This team or 2013?

BisonNeil
12-02-2018, 12:50 AM
My thoughts:

Ask that when and if this team wins a natty. Waaaaay too early to be going down that road.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2018, 12:51 AM
My thoughts:

I wish this team had a crack at a decent FBS team like 2013 had.

ndsubison1
12-02-2018, 12:52 AM
Ask that when and if this team wins a natty. Waaaaay too early to be going down that road.

Nope. Im seeing it now!

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Seth Wilson can now play in the last potential 3 games and keep his red-shirt year.

Fresh legs......this will be a difference maker

semobison
12-02-2018, 01:23 AM
My thoughts:

I won't go down that road till the season is over either but I will say this years offense maybe our best ever....but, nobody was saying that after the Youngstown game just a few weeks ago.

Christopher Moen
12-02-2018, 01:51 AM
Look at some highlights from that game. The Jacks defense looked awful. Maybe Stig has learned a thing or two.

I believe Stig only plans defensively for one team. The rest is about outscoring them.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-02-2018, 03:08 AM
BN is full of good laughs tonight. They have multiple posters in their GDT blaming the refs on the ass whopping they got. Unbelievable, biggest bunch of cry babies I have ever seen.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:25 AM
Nice Kid appeared after they kicked their field go and unfurled his Montana flag. I told him to come back after halftime. Never showed up or I just missed him.

Lolz. That's him. He never came back. Was polite and all. He asked me about Phoenix Sproles. I pointed him out on a long run for having a nice block. Knew my comment went right over the Bob kittens head.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:30 AM

It took balls. Even I have to admit we must seem pretty arrogant to opposing teams fans. But it's a byproduct of success.

Did the Richie brothers buy the alerus center? Looked like a big auction lot.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:37 AM
They're going to be really good in a couple years. According to the kitten.

VirginiaBison
12-02-2018, 03:39 AM
Bison 2 deep must have given MSU the impression that NDSU had two teams playing when every other team barely has a 1 deep team

turkeybucket
12-02-2018, 03:39 AM
Anyone have a link to the post game presser?

bisonaudit
12-02-2018, 03:40 AM

lots of young guys. Our radio team seemed impressed with Anderson’s athleticism and apparently there are better options coming at qb. Seemed as if they liked what the coach was working on but it was obvious that they just aren’t there yet.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 03:43 AM
BN is full of good laughs tonight. They have multiple posters in their GDT blaming the refs on the ass whopping they got. Unbelievable, biggest bunch of cry babies I have ever seen.

So is DukesDomain....man are they pissed at HCMH

Rock
12-02-2018, 03:45 AM

Wait till they see the NDSU team in 2 years! Maybe average by recent NDSU standards but that’s pretty darn good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

X-Factor
12-02-2018, 03:45 AM
Fresh legs......this will be a difference maker

Also some insane talent

Wouldn’t surprise me at all if he ends up being one of the most talented backs to ever play at NDSU

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:46 AM
Do you think they even realize that Klieman and the offense held back? He said post game that they realized early on in the game that Easton wasn't going to have to run.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 03:46 AM
One of the best posts on their board was that our linemen had bigger arms than some of their players' legs.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 03:47 AM
Do you think they even realize that Klieman and the offense held back? He said post game that they realized early on in the game that Easton wasn't going to have to run.

no, no they do not. I would not even try to tell them cuz they would not believe it.

BTW where did you find the post game?

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 03:50 AM
One of the best posts on their board was that our linemen had bigger arms than some of their players' arms.

those big arms make it easier to hold and block in the back....lots of those types of comments. It's like reading BV when we fail to win by 20+

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:53 AM
no, no they do not. I would not even try to tell them cuz they would not believe it.

BTW where did you find the post game?

It was on the radio on the drive home

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:54 AM
those big arms make it easier to hold and block in the back....lots of those types of comments. It's like reading BV when we fail to win by 20+

Number 90 looked tiny compared to the Rams.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-02-2018, 04:08 AM
They're going to be really good in a couple years. According to the kitten.They are a .500 team that shouldn't have got into the playoffs and other than 2 players they have very marginal talent

Hammerhead
12-02-2018, 04:11 AM
Another post on the MSU forum has "Our defense has been on the field 80% of the first half" when the time of possession was just a few seconds from being 50-50 in the first half.

bisonaudit
12-02-2018, 04:16 AM

His 89 yards of total offense is the second lowest of his entire college career. It wasn’t just not running him, he was barely a presence in the offense because we didn’t really need to throw it either.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 04:20 AM
The level of ref whining on the Bobcat board is something to behold.

NDSU scored 50+ with half their offense.

89MTBISON
12-02-2018, 04:40 AM
The level of ref whining on the Bobcat board is something to behold.

NDSU scored 50+ with half their offense.

Yep, lots of rationalizing over there. They think they will be a top 10 preseason team next year, they were awful today. A looooong ways from to 10 IMO. Andersen was much better than I thought he would be, but still that team sucked. What's the line on SDSU laying an egg next saturday?

bisonaudit
12-02-2018, 04:45 AM
Yep, lots of rationalizing over there. They think they will be a top 10 preseason team next year, they were awful today. A looooong ways from to 10 IMO. Andersen was much better than I thought he would be, but still that team sucked. What's the line on SDSU laying an egg next saturday?

Line should probably be around SDSU -7.5 sooooooo, pick ‘em?

89MTBISON
12-02-2018, 04:49 AM
Line should probably be around SDSU -7.5 sooooooo, pick ‘em?

There's good moonshine in Georgia, I see Stig out on the town for some homemade joose the night before the game. More like KSU by 14.

bisonaudit
12-02-2018, 04:55 AM
There's good moonshine in Georgia, I see Stig out on the town for some homemade joose the night before the game. More like KSU by 14.

Considering his baseline state, could even Georgia moonshine Stig cost his team 3 tds?

MontBison
12-02-2018, 04:56 AM
Anyone have a link to the post game presser?

This please

BadlandsBison
12-02-2018, 05:41 AM
I’ll admit the espn3 color guy knew his stuff.

JMB
12-02-2018, 11:23 AM
I’ll admit the espn3 color guy knew his stuff.

I believe he was the same guy who called the SDSU playoff game in Wentz's Jr. Year. With his description of "Bison Pride" at the beginning of that drive, you would have thought he played here

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 11:36 AM
I believe he was the same guy who called the SDSU playoff game in Wentz's Jr. Year. With his description of "Bison Pride" at the beginning of that drive, you would have thought he played here

You're thinking of Pat Hill, former Fresno State coach. If I remember correctly, I haven't heard him do another one since. Too bad, he was good.

Al Groh did the game yesterday. He's done more than a couple of NDSU games. He's good too.

THEsocalledfan
12-02-2018, 02:35 PM
I can't find the postgame press conference posted anywhere?

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 02:42 PM
I'd really like to see baby shark as a song option next week. Do do da do do

tony
12-02-2018, 02:53 PM
I honestly thought the game was going to be closer.

bruinbison
12-02-2018, 03:18 PM

Nice guy, from the Billings area originally, was a Bobcat player 10 years ago, his Dad a Bobcat player in the 80’s.
He lives in the Twin Cities now and was having a good time meeting some of his college buddies in Fargo for the playoffs.
He had very low expectations for the Bobcats and their chances in this game, but likes the direction the program is now headed.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 03:24 PM
Nice guy, from the Billings area originally, was a Bobcat player 10 years ago, his Dad a Bobcat player in the 80’s.
He lives in the Twin Cities now and was having a good time meeting some of his college buddies in Fargo for the playoffs.
He had very low expectations for the Bobcats and their chances in this game, but likes the direction the program is now headed.

He was very nice. Just wish he would have stayed and soaked up a little more of what was going on. Oh yes and he was hollering holding on every run.

bruinbison
12-02-2018, 03:24 PM

Don’t know about those preseason hopes, top 20 is optimistic enough for an 8-5 team......
But, if the Cats get the right transfer QB, they can certainly play their way there during the season. Bobcatnation mentioned they are looking at the JC QB who started as a Griz freshman (?) and then transferred out with the coaching change. Anyways, find a QB so your offense isn’t one dimensional and go from there.
The Cats lose a lot less than the Bison in their senior class.

BisonNeil
12-02-2018, 04:00 PM
At halftime I always walk around the dome. On the west side I had a Bobcat fan grab me by the arm and say "NDSU shouldn't be allowed to play f___ing robots and machines against humans". He then smiled and walked away. Hilarious!

JMB
12-02-2018, 04:52 PM
I am a bit concerned that Montana State's Defense showed other teams how to make NDSU one dimensional. They pretty much took all our passing plays off the table.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 05:02 PM
I am a bit concerned that Montana State's Defense showed other teams how to make NDSU one dimensional. They pretty much took all our passing plays off the table.

Word is on the Cat board that Stick has zero chance of getting drafted because of just being a game manager.

Twincitybizon
12-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Anybody have the post game presser?? Can't find it anywhere??

DakotaOkie
12-02-2018, 05:08 PM
Word is on the Cat board that Stick has zero chance of getting drafted because of just being a game manager.
Yeah, he managed to let the backs walk through the Swiss cheese defense that was Montana State yesterday.

23Bison
12-02-2018, 05:13 PM
I guess I don’t see what Easton needed to do yesterday. He made some good throws when needed and that was it. Absolutely doesn’t need fling the ball all over the place when we have 3 RBs that have over 100 yds a piece!

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 05:17 PM
The kittens need to watch Klieman's postgame presser.

Anybody find it yet? Stupid ncaa playoff rules I'm sure. Don't want anything to take away from the real college football playoffs. I'm cancelling my ESPN + right now.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 05:22 PM
I guess I don’t see what Easton needed to do yesterday. He made some good throws when needed and that was it. Absolutely doesn’t need fling the ball all over the place when we have 3 RBs that have over 100 yds a piece!

Nor was it the game plan to have him chuck it. HCCK says as much in the presser and on the Sunday Coach show...."MSU plays so deep we thought we could run on them"

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-02-2018, 05:35 PM

I don't know if I have ever witnessed a collection of more clueless, crybaby fans in my life. They have no clue how good NDSU is, how shitty their team is, or how bad of a conference they play in. It is like they live in a bubble and have idea what life is like outside of that bubble. Even after getting their asses kicked in, they still don't seem to get it. They also seem to have absolutely no eye for football talent. Yeah, no shit Easton didn't do much yesterday, he didn't have to.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 05:43 PM
Stopped the one trick pony.

Didn't even bring our Stallion out of the stable.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 05:48 PM
I don't know if I have ever witnessed a collection of more clueless, crybaby fans in my life. They have no clue how good NDSU is, how shitty their team is, or how bad of a conference they play in. It is like they live in a bubble and have idea what life is like outside of that bubble. Even after getting their asses kicked in, they still don't seem to get it. They also seem to have absolutely no eye for football talent. Yeah, no shit Easton didn't do much yesterday, he didn't have to.

Oh they have a clue dontcha know......We cheat and the refs, ESPN, and everyone but the there team are in on it...LOL Kinda hilarious and sad all at the same time.

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 05:50 PM

I think the entire Big Fluffy is still living in the past when their conference won a few titles. Especially the Montana schools, they believe that if they are competitive in the conference or are better than the other MT school they must be one of the best teams in the country.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 05:54 PM
I think the entire Big Fluffy is still living in the past when their conference won a few titles. Especially the Montana schools, they believe that if they are competitive in the conference or are better than the other MT school they must be one of the best teams in the country.

The average fan just does not understand that level of quality depth that we have. They get having 1 or 2 horses on the team, but not having horses run 1,2,3 levels deep. Its is just too foreign to most other FCS fans. Many have a hrad time understanding that and thus go to what they know.

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 05:55 PM
The average fan just does not understand that level of quality depth we have. They get having 1 or 2 horses, but not having horses run 1,2,3 level deep. To just too foreign to FCS teams.

This is very true.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-02-2018, 06:01 PM
Word is on the Cat board that Stick has zero chance of getting drafted because of just being a game manager.Yeah but those guys don't know shit about QBs or talent. It's why they want Gresch Jenson our quiiter QB

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-02-2018, 06:02 PM
I don't know if I have ever witnessed a collection of more clueless, crybaby fans in my life. They have no clue how good NDSU is, how shitty their team is, or how bad of a conference they play in. It is like they live in a bubble and have idea what life is like outside of that bubble. Even after getting their asses kicked in, they still don't seem to get it. They also seem to have absolutely no eye for football talent. Yeah, no shit Easton didn't do much yesterday, he didn't have to.You nailed it!

Accurate post

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-02-2018, 06:03 PM
The average fan just does not understand that level of quality depth that we have. They get having 1 or 2 horses on the team, but not having horses run 1,2,3 levels deep. Its is just too foreign to most other FCS fans. Many have a hrad time understanding that and thus go to what they know.Exactly

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 06:04 PM
The comparisons to the HYB are not far off.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 06:04 PM
This is very true.

I was chuckling this past week watching a Bison Fan on the Kitty board try and explain this depth concept. A Kitty fan asks have we ever gone up against anyone as good as Anderson. Bison fan replied; "Yes, every day in practice." Kitty fans jumped all over him for being an asshole. The reality was the bison fan was answering their question honestly. However, because of it so damn uncommon at FCS to have this depth the poor bison fan was not taken seriously,..... Kittys just brushed it off as ass hat NDSU troll.

Tony Almeida
12-02-2018, 06:18 PM
I started reading their board and jumped ahead to the end of a thread titled "NDSU" and I saw a poster mentioning their QB being the game's leading rusher...that's all I needed to see.

Hammerhead
12-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Many FCS fans don’t believe the Bison are a legit top 40 team year to year.

MNLonghorn10
12-02-2018, 06:29 PM
post game comments on BN are a hoot.

from MSU is on the second tier with ewu/sdsu...to nobody really wants to play them(still), to ndsu didnt stop TA at all.

dunno how alpha deals with these dorks but glad its done

Bisonwinagn
12-02-2018, 06:31 PM
Where the hell is the post game presser????????

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 06:48 PM

MSU bought it out?

NDSUstudent
12-02-2018, 07:04 PM
No idea how an MSU fan could watch that game and think officiating played even 1% into the outcome of that blowout....That is a level of delusion beyond what you see in GF.

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 07:13 PM
Just rewatched the highlights and it is alarming how much faster our backs are then their entire team. Watching the quick cuts and change of direction to immediately leave the defense in their wake. I recommend watching the highlights if you haven't. It's pretty impressive.

Bisonator98
12-02-2018, 07:18 PM

Wondering the same thing. Anybody got links to the pressers?

Hammerhead
12-02-2018, 07:21 PM
Our new game plan is to give opponents false hope with early points and then kick their butts for the next 58 minutes.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-02-2018, 09:59 PM
post game comments on BN are a hoot.

from MSU is on the second tier with ewu/sdsu...to nobody really wants to play them(still), to ndsu didnt stop TA at all.

dunno how alpha deals with these dorks but glad its doneIf you think their fans are stupid (they are) you should see Griz fans............ Its fucking embarrassing how they think we are still relevant. It's been 17 years man wake up

Vet70
12-02-2018, 09:59 PM
I thought this post from the Cat board was interesting. The math is wrong, but the sentiment is there.

"There have been two incredible things happen in the FCS the past 8 years. NDSU has won all but one championship and NDSU didn't win the other."

bisonboone11
12-02-2018, 10:08 PM
Wondering the same thing. Anybody got links to the pressers?https://youtu.be/BIsfyAvd774

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2018, 12:42 AM
If you think their fans are stupid (they are) you should see Griz fans............ Its fucking embarrassing how they think we are still relevant. It's been 17 years man wake up

One fan on egriz thinks the Griz can beat us this year. :facepalm:

TAILG8R
12-03-2018, 12:47 AM
Let me guess, because we "couldn't" pass against the bobcats a d the griz pass D is so good.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 01:04 AM

Anybody over there feeling guilty for their team not forcing him to use any of his other skills?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vet70
12-03-2018, 01:13 AM
Anybody over there feeling guilty for their team not forcing him to use any of his other skills?

Nah, too busy saying how good they will be next year and extolling the virtues of Saint Troy.

ALPHAGRIZ1
12-03-2018, 01:15 AM

Griz wont be able to compete with NDSU in 3 years let alone next year. We are a legit 40-50 place FCS team we shouldnt be in the top 25 in 2-3 more years. Very little talent and ZERO depth

Like I said they are retards of the highest order

Hammerhead
12-03-2018, 01:16 AM
Unless my math is off, this game ties our largest margin of victory in a playoff game. The average margin of victory in the playoffs (calculating losses as negative margin of victory) is 21 points.

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 01:37 AM
Nah, too busy saying how good they will be next year and extolling the virtues of Saint Troy.

They’re still in shock for the most part. Some of them were knowledgeable ahead of time and not surprised. But the average fan among them were/are just shell shocked. It will be some time before they can recover from the PTSD. Apologies to actual war veterans for this soft comparison.

eman
12-03-2018, 02:04 AM
They’re still in shock for the most part. Some of them were knowledgeable ahead of time and not surprised. But the average fan among them were/are just shell shocked. It will be some time before they can recover from the PTSD. Apologies to actual war veterans for this soft comparison.

does anyone have a link to the montana state coaches postgame???

Hammerhead
12-03-2018, 02:07 AM

The video crew in the Fargodome showed their coach just shaking his head once between plays. I think that was sometime in the first half when we still had our foot on the gas.

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 02:18 AM

Try this: https://youtu.be/BIsfyAvd774

minnesotabobcat
12-03-2018, 02:59 PM

Honestly...this was one of the dumber comments I've seen in this thread. For the most part, Montana State fans didn't expect to win, and the game went as expected (Though I figured more like 42-7). No MSU fans are suffering from "PTSD," and most are happy about the season and direction of our program, and if Choate keeps doing his thing, MSU will be in the mix for Frisco in the near future. As far as NDSU goes.....The team is good and I like your coach. However, based on many comments I've read on here....I can't wait until the "dynasty" is over so certain members of your fan base can get a piece of humble pie they have been begging for. For the rest of you, good luck the rest of the season.

DM05
12-03-2018, 03:43 PM
Honestly...this was one of the dumber comments I've seen in this thread. For the most part, Montana State fans didn't expect to win, and the game went as expected (Though I figured more like 42-7). No MSU fans are suffering from "PTSD," and most are happy about the season and direction of our program, and if Choate keeps doing his thing, MSU will be in the mix for Frisco in the near future. As far as NDSU goes.....The team is good and I like your coach. However, based on many comments I've read on here....I can't wait until the "dynasty" is over so certain members of your fan base can get a piece of humble pie they have been begging for. For the rest of you, good luck the rest of the season.

Are you saying Bobcat fans would be humble if they were 109-8 since 2011, going for their 7th title in 8 years, and had 3 losing seasons since 1964? If so, I disagree; any fanbase would be confident in their team. There are reasons we are so confident, and reasons that we tend to doubt the ability of other teams to beat us; those reasons are getting packed tighter and tighter in our trophy case. You don't have to put dynasty in quotes...

Did you come on an NDSU message board and expect fans to take a team that needed a fumble recovery in the last game of the season to make the playoffs and was statistically inferior in nearly every category as a serious threat to win in Fargo?

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 04:26 PM

You’re right, I over generalized. What I should have said was “many of the participants on their fan board” as opposed to implying that all of your fans feel this way. Clearly I have no idea how the majority of your fans feel.

You should feel good about your season given where you started. I like your coach. A lot. I like Troy Andersen and also Infanse. A lot.

Best of luck to all you Bobcats next year and in the coming years as you continue to build on this bit of success.

17>1
12-03-2018, 05:15 PM
Had a chance to speak with two separate Bobcat fans prior to kickoff. Asked them how the drive/flight over from Bozeman was. Both of them were actually from the cities and had family playing for the team. I find this is pretty typical of most visiting fans, they're usually family members. Nothing wrong with that, but it makes me appreciate Bison fans and how well we travel even more. I may be a rarity a bit when it comes to NDSU fans. I'm not family or an alum, just grew up by campus and both parents went there...that's my connection. Anyway, I went to strike up some football conversation which I normally like to do before games, but both of these guys said it was their first game they've gone to this year and really didn't know much about the team. Nothing like talking with opposing teams fans and letting them know who to watch on their team, haha.

X-Factor
12-03-2018, 05:54 PM

Solid post, but I’d have to say the comments about MSU being in the mix for Frisco in the near future are certainly possible, but more likely misguided. Far too often fans see their team make a short playoff run and optimistically think their team is on the upswing when in reality it is closer to a peak.

I understand you’ll be better next year with what you have coming back, but let’s be honest, the bobcats are nowhere near a title contender with or without a home playoff game.

MSU has been a middle of the road program for decades. What exactly is going to be the catalyst to be that much of a game changer for MSUs program?

Vet70
12-03-2018, 06:46 PM
Solid post, but I’d have to say the comments about MSU being in the mix for Frisco in the near future are certainly possible, but more likely misguided. Far too often fans see their team make a short playoff run and optimistically think their team is on the upswing when in reality it is closer to a peak.

I understand you’ll be better next year with what you have coming back, but let’s be honest, the bobcats are nowhere near a title contender with or without a home playoff game.

MSU has been a middle of the road program for decades. What exactly is going to be the catalyst to be that much of a game changer for MSUs program?

Hope springs eternal.

thebootfitter
12-03-2018, 06:46 PM

Try this: https://youtu.be/BIsfyAvd774
That's just a link to the NDSU post-game presser. I haven't been able to find one for Montana State either. Maybe they refused to do one? Are they allowed to decline?

Vet70
12-03-2018, 06:49 PM
That's just a link to the NDSU post-game presser. I haven't been able to find one for Montana State either. Maybe they refused to do one? Are they allowed to decline?

Their coach strikes me as the type of guy who would not opt out if he could.

thebootfitter
12-03-2018, 06:50 PM
Their coach strikes me as the type of guy who would not opt out if he could.
I agree. But usually those things aren't so difficult to find. Even on their own YouTube channel it isn't shown.

BisManBison
12-03-2018, 06:53 PM

I don't believe they are allowed to decline. There was reference made to their post game press conference in several articles on the game, but like many, have not been able to find that posted anywhere online.

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 07:17 PM
I don't believe they are allowed to decline. There was reference made to their post game press conference in several articles on the game, but like many, have not been able to find that posted anywhere online.

They definitely had some interviews. I was in Fargo for the game and we saw/heard some quotes on the evening news Saturday and in the Forum yesterday. That said I have been unable to find a video of their presser.

This article contains some excerpts: https://billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-state-bobcats-look-for-positives-from-second-round-playoff/article_b62e2b1d-4b43-5b09-8988-4c092081f2d8.html

minnesotabobcat
12-03-2018, 07:33 PM

Number one, I'd have to say Coach Choate....he's upped the recruiting game and is more focused on player development. Number 2, they'll have a better QB next year. Troy Andersen is a great player....but he's not a good QB, and with any luck will be moving back to linebacker next season. That makes the defense better....plus 2 of our best linebackers missed most of the season with injuries. Anyway, they will get a lot of depth back on defense with guys simply healing up (we were pretty dinged up in the secondary as well). Big Sky Conference is also getting better, and though you guys refer to it as the big fluffy....I don't think they are as far behind the Valley as you guys think (and will actually pass you up as a conference in the next year or two). Also, renewed push for facilities. Finally, how many teams do you think are "in the mix" for Frisco this year? I have 4....NDSU, SDSU, EWU and Weber State (though I give Kennesaw State honorable mention as I believe they are underrated). Not sure what SDSU loses other than qb.....but you guys are losing 16 starters an likely your coach, and Montana State is catching up with EWU and Weber. Regardless of whether you guys continue on your run or start to slide back to the pack......I would expect MSU to be mentioned as a possible title contender over the next few years.

thebootfitter
12-03-2018, 08:15 PM
Number one, I'd have to say Coach Choate....he's upped the recruiting game and is more focused on player development. Number 2, they'll have a better QB next year. Troy Andersen is a great player....but he's not a good QB, and with any luck will be moving back to linebacker next season. That makes the defense better....plus 2 of our best linebackers missed most of the season with injuries. Anyway, they will get a lot of depth back on defense with guys simply healing up (we were pretty dinged up in the secondary as well). Big Sky Conference is also getting better, and though you guys refer to it as the big fluffy....I don't think they are as far behind the Valley as you guys think (and will actually pass you up as a conference in the next year or two). Also, renewed push for facilities. Finally, how many teams do you think are "in the mix" for Frisco this year? I have 4....NDSU, SDSU, EWU and Weber State (though I give Kennesaw State honorable mention as I believe they are underrated). Not sure what SDSU loses other than qb.....but you guys are losing 16 starters an likely your coach, and Montana State is catching up with EWU and Weber. Regardless of whether you guys continue on your run or start to slide back to the pack......I would expect MSU to be mentioned as a possible title contender over the next few years.
--On Troy being a good QB... I dunno... I think he is pretty good. Maybe not great at QB, but I don't think you guys would have gotten to where you are without him being pretty good. I concur that he is an amazing athlete, regardless of position played.

--On the Big Fluffy... I suppose it is always possible that they improve beyond the MVFC, but I don't see that happening in the next year or two. It's a hard thing to measure, though. (Unless you use some sort of computer system like Sagarin, which currently has the MVFC rated at about 10 points higher than the Big Sky -- and the way he ranks conferences is that less weight is placed on the highest and lowest rated teams and more on the middle teams. If NDSU had a higher weight, the disparity would be even greater.) Head to head match-ups over time give some indication, but are not always the best measure of the relative strength of conferences.

--On title contenders this year... you are probably about right at this point. A few weeks ago, I would have included JMU. Though, if SDSU were in the other side of the bracket, I might lean toward only two real contenders. EWU has overcome some adversity this year and is still looking strong. I was impressed with Weber last year, but haven't kept up with them this year.

--Finally, I really like Choate and believe he has the capacity to bring a program to a different level. It's fun for individual teams to speculate on what is coming next year and future years, but I've seen enough really good teams loaded with younger players and a solid coach that have had a good year and then fizzled a bit the next year. It's a very difficult prospect to maintain success at this level of football. I'm glad NDSU has been so successful over the past several years in D-I, but there will likely be a few "down" years here and there too. They have obviously figured something out that other teams haven't been able to reproduce yet. It would be fun for other teams to up their game a bit so that the entire FCS landscape increases the level of play.

VirginiaBison
12-03-2018, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=thebootfitter;1315591--Finally, I really like Choate and believe he has the capacity to bring a program to a different level. It's fun for individual teams to speculate on what is coming next year and future years, but I've seen enough really good teams loaded with younger players and a solid coach that have had a good year and then fizzled a bit the next year. It's a very difficult prospect to maintain success at this level of football. I'm glad NDSU has been so successful over the past several years in D-I, but there will likely be a few "down" years here and there too. They have obviously figured something out that other teams haven't been able to reproduce yet. It would be fun for other teams to up their game a bit so that the entire FCS landscape increases the level of play.[/QUOTE]

This, I agree with "really good teams loaded with younger players and a solid coach that have had a good year and then fizzled a bit the next year." At NDSU its about the 'program', not the players and coaches. The NDSU program is a secret ingredient that carries class to class, year to year, player to player.....history, institution, character, etc. Player accountability prevents the level of drop off many teams experience after a successful season. Coach Karmer puts the previous year behind, and ensures the new year is a new year. --- program, institution & history. Returning graduated players keep checking up on the current program and players to ensure the program is on the right track year in and year out.

Who else has that kind of structure? You don't build that in one year or on one Natty, etc.

minnesotabobcat
12-03-2018, 09:10 PM
--On Troy being a good QB... I dunno... I think he is pretty good. Maybe not great at QB, but I don't think you guys would have gotten to where you are without him being pretty good. I concur that he is an amazing athlete, regardless of position played.

--On the Big Fluffy... I suppose it is always possible that they improve beyond the MVFC, but I don't see that happening in the next year or two. It's a hard thing to measure, though. (Unless you use some sort of computer system like Sagarin, which currently has the MVFC rated at about 10 points higher than the Big Sky -- and the way he ranks conferences is that less weight is placed on the highest and lowest rated teams and more on the middle teams. If NDSU had a higher weight, the disparity would be even greater.) Head to head match-ups over time give some indication, but are not always the best measure of the relative strength of conferences.

--On title contenders this year... you are probably about right at this point. A few weeks ago, I would have included JMU. Though, if SDSU were in the other side of the bracket, I might lean toward only two real contenders. EWU has overcome some adversity this year and is still looking strong. I was impressed with Weber last year, but haven't kept up with them this year.

--Finally, I really like Choate and believe he has the capacity to bring a program to a different level. It's fun for individual teams to speculate on what is coming next year and future years, but I've seen enough really good teams loaded with younger players and a solid coach that have had a good year and then fizzled a bit the next year. It's a very difficult prospect to maintain success at this level of football. I'm glad NDSU has been so successful over the past several years in D-I, but there will likely be a few "down" years here and there too. They have obviously figured something out that other teams haven't been able to reproduce yet. It would be fun for other teams to up their game a bit so that the entire FCS landscape increases the level of play.

...let me rephrase that....Troy is amazing at running the ball from the quarterback position. NDSU knew what was coming, and he still managed to rush for 129 yards. However, he's not really consistent at passing the ball. In our games against NDSU, Weber and EWU....they just loaded the box to stop the run, and our offense stalled. I just don' think the Cats can jump to the next level without a better passing game, as they were too one dimensional this year.

-Well....UND is jumping into the Valley in 2 years (?). That alone could shift things to the Big Sky :) There is Sagarin...but they have UNI above UC Davis and Montana, who both beat them.....so I think Sagarin has some flaws, especially at the FCS level. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Vet70
12-03-2018, 09:25 PM
...let me rephrase that....Troy is amazing at running the ball from the quarterback position. NDSU knew what was coming, and he still managed to rush for 129 yards. However, he's not really consistent at passing the ball. In our games against NDSU, Weber and EWU....they just loaded the box to stop the run, and our offense stalled. I just don' think the Cats can jump to the next level without a better passing game, as they were too one dimensional this year.

-Well....UND is jumping into the Valley in 2 years (?). That alone could shift things to the Big Sky :) There is Sagarin...but they have UNI above UC Davis and Montana, who both beat them.....so I think Sagarin has some flaws, especially at the FCS level. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Troy was impressive, but a good chunk of those yards were on a missed run fit. NDSU has had problems with running QB's, but everyone else gets shut down. By the way, MSU knew what was coming and we wound up with 3 100 yard rushers and 407 yards. :D

thebootfitter
12-03-2018, 10:01 PM

Sagarin doesn't have "flaws." It is exactly what it is supposed to be. It is simply a calculation to predict future outcomes based on past results. Sometimes the real results on the field go a different way, but that doesn't mean that Sagarin is "wrong." In any predictive model, the outcomes are predictive within certain levels of probability. Even when there's a 1% chance that a team wins, there's still a chance (a-la Dumb and Dumber).

Both of those games you mentioned were within a score. UNI has a rating of 62.7 and UC Davis is 61.7. That's pretty much identical. When you consider home field advantage, Sagarin actually was correct on predicting the UNI vs UC Davis game. Montana's rating is 52.7. Add in home field advantage, and Sagarin only predicts UNI would beat Montana by a touchdown. If you remember much about stats, that's only 0.5 standard deviations from the expected outcome, which means Sagarin predicted (in hindsight) a close game. It was pretty close in reality.

Regarding UND from Big Sky to MVFC... yeah... you could have a solid point there. Ha!

tony
12-03-2018, 10:35 PM
Unless my math is off, this game ties our largest margin of victory in a playoff game. The average margin of victory in the playoffs (calculating losses as negative margin of victory) is 21 points.

Yeah, I ran the numbers this morning. If you take out conference teams, the average score of an NDSU playoff game is 37-12. Against conference teams, it's 29-15.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-03-2018, 11:52 PM

I think you forgot to use purple. LOL. Under what matrix did you arrive at at this conclusion? This kind of comment is very typical of what I have read on BN. I'm not sure if it is delusion or utter ignorance. But like I said in an earlier post, most BN fans are very ignorant of life outside of the Big Sky and have an overinflated idea of the level of play in that conference. The minute a Bison fan points that out, you guys start crying about us being arrogant.

Sorry kitty, it is not arrogance, it is fact. For the better part of a decade, in the FCS, it has been us and "insert team here" as contenders for the title, some years just us. This year it is us.....possibly SDSU. As far as us dropping off after this year, that you and the rest of the FCS have been waiting for with giddy anticipation, don't hold your breath. After the 2013 season (a season in which we went undefeated with a team that is arguably one of the greatest in NDSU history) we lost 23 seniors, most of which were starters, (including our QB and many all-Conference and multiple all-Americans) and our head coach. Did we drop off? Well, by our standards we did, but we were still good enough to win the national title once again.

So you see kitty, NDSU is not going anywhere fast. In stead of waiting for us to drop off, maybe MSU should try to catch up.

I'll get off my soap box. Cue the predictable state smack and claims of arrogance from kitty fans.................

BadlandsBison
12-04-2018, 02:09 PM
I noticed one of their DTs (#90) is from Aledo, Texas whose football team was the subject of a great high school football documentary call Titletown, Tx.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article196011419.html

James Williams was one of the stars of Season 1. He desperately wants a division 1 scholarship but is afraid he won't get one because he is too short. Obviously Montana State ended up recruiting him.

minnesotabobcat
12-04-2018, 02:42 PM
I think you forgot to use purple. LOL. Under what matrix did you arrive at at this conclusion? This kind of comment is very typical of what I have read on BN. I'm not sure if it is delusion or utter ignorance. But like I said in an earlier post, most BN fans are very ignorant of life outside of the Big Sky and have an overinflated idea of the level of play in that conference. The minute a Bison fan points that out, you guys start crying about us being arrogant.

Sorry kitty, it is not arrogance, it is fact. For the better part of a decade, in the FCS, it has been us and "insert team here" as contenders for the title, some years just us. This year it is us.....possibly SDSU. As far as us dropping off after this year, that you and the rest of the FCS have been waiting for with giddy anticipation, don't hold your breath. After the 2013 season (a season in which we went undefeated with a team that is arguably one of the greatest in NDSU history) we lost 23 seniors, most of which were starters, (including our QB and many all-Conference and multiple all-Americans) and our head coach. Did we drop off? Well, by our standards we did, but we were still good enough to win the national title once again.

So you see kitty, NDSU is not going anywhere fast. In stead of waiting for us to drop off, maybe MSU should try to catch up.

I'll get off my soap box. Cue the predictable state smack and claims of arrogance from kitty fans.................

The third playoff team from the MVC lost to both UC Davis and Montana. Montana State beat Western Illinois, who was probably considered the 4th or 5th best team in your conference. If you take NDSU and SDSU out of the MVFC....that's a very mediocre conference. NDSU may vey well be the best team in the country this year, but EWU, Weber can play with them.....and are equal to SDSU. UC Davis is a step below that, and MSU/Montana area step below that...but a step above anything else in the MVFC. Oh...I wouldn't say you are arrogant....I'd say ignorant.

minnesotabobcat
12-04-2018, 02:54 PM
I noticed one of their DTs (#90) is from Aledo, Texas whose football team was the subject of a great high school football documentary call Titletown, Tx.

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article196011419.html

James Williams was one of the stars of Season 1. He desperately wants a division 1 scholarship but is afraid he won't get one because he is too short. Obviously Montana State ended up recruiting him.

Williams held out for that FBS scholarship til' the very end...but ended up re-committing to MSU at the last minute, and was the cherry on top of last year's recruiting class. He was injured for parts of the season, but when he was in he made an impact. He hurt himself at the goal line in the NDSU game, and it didn't look good, but they cut away for commercial and I haven't heard how serious the injury was.

RedRiver
12-04-2018, 02:56 PM
The third playoff team from the MVC lost to both UC Davis and Montana. Montana State beat Western Illinois, who was probably considered the 4th or 5th best team in your conference. If you take NDSU and SDSU out of the MVFC....that's a very mediocre conference. NDSU may vey well be the best team in the country this year, but EWU, Weber can play with them.....and are equal to SDSU. UC Davis is a step below that, and MSU/Montana area step below that...but a step above anything else in the MVFC. Oh...I wouldn't say you are arrogant....I'd say ignorant.

Regular season head to head: MVFC 5 - Big Sky 3.

minnesotabobcat
12-04-2018, 03:12 PM
Regular season head to head: MVFC 5 - Big Sky 3.

Yes, you had wins against Poly (NDSU), MSU (SDSU), NAU (MS), Montana (WI), Northern Colorado (SD)...and the Weber beat SD, MSU beat Western Illinois and Montana beat Northern Iowa. The big sky played arguably the 4 best teams in the Valley, but he Valley missed the best team in the Big Sky (EWU), and the third best team (UC Davis) and arguably 4th or 5th best team (Idaho State). Outside of NDSU/SDSU....who in the Valley can consistently hang with EWU....or UC Davis for that that matter. Yes, the conferences are hard to compare because the Big Sky is so big....but like I said earlier, you take the top 2 teams out of both conferences and the Valley was mediocre at best this year....and UD Davis/MSU/Montana/Idaho State > UNI/Western Illinois/Indiana State/Illinois State.

bisonaudit
12-04-2018, 03:22 PM
Williams held out for that FBS scholarship til' the very end...but ended up re-committing to MSU at the last minute, and was the cherry on top of last year's recruiting class. He was injured for parts of the season, but when he was in he made an impact. He hurt himself at the goal line in the NDSU game, and it didn't look good, but they cut away for commercial and I haven't heard how serious the injury was.

I thought that was the guy. Our radio guys didn’t think it looked good either. Hope he’s OK.

With your incisive analysis of those teams I think you’re ready to join the selection committee.

minnesotabobcat
12-04-2018, 03:29 PM
I thought that was the guy. Our radio guys didn’t think it looked good either. Hope he’s OK.

With your incisive analysis of those teams I think you’re ready to join the selection committee.

...It's the offseason.....so I have time for lot's of analysis :) Plus, for the record....I would have put Indiana State in over Incarnate Word.......

EC8CH
12-04-2018, 03:30 PM
Yes, you had wins against Poly (NDSU), MSU (SDSU), NAU (MS), Montana (WI), Northern Colorado (SD)...and the Weber beat SD, MSU beat Western Illinois and Montana beat Northern Iowa. The big sky played arguably the 4 best teams in the Valley, but he Valley missed the best team in the Big Sky (EWU), and the third best team (UC Davis) and arguably 4th or 5th best team (Idaho State). Outside of NDSU/SDSU....who in the Valley can consistently hang with EWU....or UC Davis for that that matter. Yes, the conferences are hard to compare because the Big Sky is so big....but like I said earlier, you take the top 2 teams out of both conferences and the Valley was mediocre at best this year....and UD Davis/MSU/Montana/Idaho State > UNI/Western Illinois/Indiana State/Illinois State.

Thanks to this year's bracket, the Big Sky will finally get a team back to the championship game since 2010. So you got that going for you.

minnesotabobcat
12-04-2018, 03:52 PM
Thanks to this year's bracket, the Big Sky will finally get a team back to the championship game since 2010. So you got that going for you.

SDSU should have thought of that before they went out and lost to Northern Iowa. And....if you swapped them out with Maine....there's still a decent chance the Big Sky gets to Frisco.

Honestly, you guys are still the team to beat. But if you take an objective look at your conference this year....it's not as good as it has been. What's wrong with saying that? For most of the past 5 years, outside of EWU....the Big Sky hasn't sent many threats to the playoff's. However, Weber is now pretty good, UC Davis and MSU are on the rise, and you had Montana/Idaho State on the fringe of being decent. You guys have been on cruise control since the beginning of October....and was the Youngstown score a function of them playing a great game....or you guys coming out flat? During the last 8 years, give me a year that you think the conference was worse than this year.

thebootfitter
12-04-2018, 03:55 PM
SDSU should have thought of that before they went out and lost to Northern Iowa. And....if you swapped them out with Maine....there's still a decent chance the Big Sky gets to Frisco.

Honestly, you guys are still the team to beat. But if you take an objective look at your conference this year....it's not as good as it has been. What's wrong with saying that? For most of the past 5 years, outside of EWU....the Big Sky hasn't sent many threats to the playoff's. However, Weber is now pretty good, UC Davis and MSU are on the rise, and you had Montana/Idaho State on the fringe of being decent. You guys have been on cruise control since the beginning of October....and was the Youngstown score a function of them playing a great game....or you guys coming out flat? During the last 8 years, give me a year that you think the conference was worse than this year.
I'm not aware of anyone denying that the Valley may be a little down this year. And it's conceivable that the Big Sky is a little up.

bisonaudit
12-04-2018, 03:56 PM

That’s not the right question. 2018 teams aren’t competing with 2011 teams for playoff births.

WeAreThePride
12-04-2018, 06:00 PM
...It's the offseason.....so I have time for lot's of analysis :) Plus, for the record....I would have put Indiana State in over Incarnate Word.......

It's the offseason for some teams.

JMB
12-04-2018, 10:57 PM
I saw an interesting stat on the MSU web page. NDSU is now MSU's most common playoff opponent, with three games.

NDSU
12-05-2018, 01:09 AM

Has anyone heard anything? No weight on I believe the right leg as they took him off the field. Was later taken by stretcher from the sideline.

Son of a Bison
12-05-2018, 04:27 AM
Would like MSU and UM fan to respond. I really thought MSU and UM would be more of force in FCS when NDSU joined especially after we met MSU in 2010 playoffs. Since NDSU joined FCS, those programs have been down and really the Big Sky overall at the championship level. Which to me is surprising given how the rules of football have really started to favor passing teams and wide open offenses more typical of the Big Sky. It doesn’t seem that NDSU and MSU/UM compete for too many recruits and Montana recruits stay in state. So what happened to MSU/UM? Would the championship teams or runner up teams from UM compete with the current Bison teams? Would those programs be better if NDSU had joined their conference - kind of like SDSU has had success just seem to meet NDSU too often and too early in the playoffs.

minnesotabobcat
12-05-2018, 03:44 PM
Would like MSU and UM fan to respond. I really thought MSU and UM would be more of force in FCS when NDSU joined especially after we met MSU in 2010 playoffs. Since NDSU joined FCS, those programs have been down and really the Big Sky overall at the championship level. Which to me is surprising given how the rules of football have really started to favor passing teams and wide open offenses more typical of the Big Sky. It doesn’t seem that NDSU and MSU/UM compete for too many recruits and Montana recruits stay in state. So what happened to MSU/UM? Would the championship teams or runner up teams from UM compete with the current Bison teams? Would those programs be better if NDSU had joined their conference - kind of like SDSU has had success just seem to meet NDSU too often and too early in the playoffs.

As far as Montana State goes.....after 2010, they just had some bad recruiting classes where guys didn't pan out....and Ash lost the team (he also started swinging and missing on problem guys from FBS programs). He built a great offense.....but at the end his defense couldn't stop Bozeman High School. I do think Choate has MSU pointed the right direction....and will be able to make more of a game of it next time. As far as Montana goes.....I think their fall coincides with EWU's rise. I think U of M used to have their pick of the FCS recruits in Washington...and now EWU gets a lot of those guys (who knew an ugly red field could be such a good recruiting tool). Also, MSU has been getting more of the in-state guys. In years past, MSU pretty much got only the in-state guys who wanted to go into engineering (or some legacy players). Anyway, now I'd say it's more of a 50/50 deal with instate recruits right now. Everyone is interested to see Choate and Hauk go head to head on in-state recruiting. But, all in all....I think UM has taken a hit from the east and west on some of their recruits. It pains me to admit that Hauck will probably get Montana moving in the right direction too....and I think both MSU/UM will be top teams in the FCS in the not too distant future. As far as MSU goes, they have another good start to their recruiting class....and they have gotten better ever year under Choate...so I would expect them to be better next year as well.

scottietohottie
12-16-2018, 12:59 PM
Best player in college football. Used him against SDSU.