PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite JMU dynasty moment?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

MontBison
12-01-2018, 08:01 PM
Let’s hear them!

bajadanny
12-01-2018, 08:02 PM
Let’s hear them!

Today! What a dynasty!!!

WeAreThePride
12-01-2018, 08:04 PM
Those years where they combined with NDSU to win the last 7 titles.

The stuff legends are made of.

NCBison
Back to back natty....

...appearances.

MontBison
Houston bitching about not being seeded in the playoff bracket.

MNLonghorn10
12-01-2018, 08:27 PM
i thought it was amazing how they lost to an average nc state team

garbageman
12-01-2018, 08:30 PM

Remember that time when. Oh never mind����

WeAreThePride
12-01-2018, 08:32 PM

I said back then. If you want to be an elite team, you gotta beat NC State. They're not exactly Alabama.

HerdThat!
12-01-2018, 08:34 PM
This was one of my faves

1979 Bison
12-01-2018, 08:37 PM
“It’s not fair that they banned our streamers! It’s our thing!!”:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

KSBisonFan
12-01-2018, 08:41 PM
That one time when an unhealthy Bison team beat them in the Natty.

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 08:42 PM
I have to agree my favorite moment was when they were part of winning the last 7 championships.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

NDSU92
12-01-2018, 08:42 PM
I really thought it was brave how they fought their way through this year’s schedule of healthy teams. Truly inspirational

NDSU92
12-01-2018, 08:44 PM

Honestly I knew they were down this year when the JMU guy at hero sports bragged about how that game was competitive for 3 quarters

Bison bison
12-01-2018, 08:48 PM
that one time God's gift to football went whoring around North Carolina for a week then got beat by a toothpaste company.

KSBisonFan
12-01-2018, 09:12 PM
Also, that one time when some dudes disrespected him by not giving him what he wanted and then he went out and proved those dudes right by losing to a healthy Colgate team.

Bison bison
12-01-2018, 09:15 PM
that one time God's gift to football got pissed at the neighborhood for disrespecting his wife and then spent the next week trying to bag a higher class woman.

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 09:16 PM
That time the had NDS WHO signs...

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 09:18 PM
That time they combined with NDSU to win the last 7 National Championships

HerdThat!
12-01-2018, 09:22 PM
That time Colgate beat them in the playoffs....

Bison56
12-01-2018, 09:34 PM
Streamergate

DM05
12-01-2018, 09:36 PM

Which time are you referring to?

wagsabison
12-01-2018, 09:37 PM
The slow burn of the Houston deal is kinda entertaining. At least with Bohl the band aid was ripped off... sort of.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

garbageman
12-01-2018, 09:39 PM
That time they dropped all them passes intentionally giving the BISON the championship

WeAreThePride
12-01-2018, 09:43 PM
That time they dropped all them passes intentionally giving the BISON the championship

Didn't you know JMU would have won 9 times out of 10?

JCEE1990
12-01-2018, 10:13 PM
That time after their 2nd straight natty appearance when I faked handshakes congratulating their fans after the game on their awesome team

DCinOK
12-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Reading Jmu board and laughing at the hardons those guys get from a Mike Houston spit spewing pregame screamfest.

semobison
12-01-2018, 10:53 PM
The old fake punt cost Houston and the Dukes today!

BadlandsBison
12-01-2018, 11:02 PM
When their fans threw streamers on me and other Bison fans in the dome.

NDSU92
12-01-2018, 11:12 PM
Not exactly answering the thread question, but still in the spirit: My only regret of the dynasty is only grabbing streamers to celebrate with after the championship last year and not grabbing an NDSwho sign

Madisonmen
12-01-2018, 11:15 PM
Bison nation, we were hoping for a rematch but it wasn’t meant to be. The bottom line is we just weren’t that great a team this year. We had a stout defense but they had the propensity to give up big plays. Offensively our run game was inconsistent and our signal caller was uber talented but often made bone headed decisions......five picks today! ( ok, one was a Hail Mary at the end of the half but still )
I think you will take care of business against Colgate but i’m guessing they will make you work for it.
Their defense is just all around good.....their one big stud lineman was in our backfield all day. On offense their Senior running back didn’t hurt us to bad outside but he he pounded it between the tackles moving the chains. He scored three td’s on us when they beat us in the playoffs in 2015! QB is sneaky...ran more on us than I expected and can def throw the timely completions.
Maybe we will see you next year........unfortunately it will prob be with another coach. Good luck!

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 11:31 PM
I have two on my trailer. Proudly on display today.
Not exactly answering the thread question, but still in the spirit: My only regret of the dynasty is only grabbing streamers to celebrate with after the championship last year and not grabbing an NDSwho sign

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Solid post. Much truth in this one.
Bison nation, we were hoping for a rematch but it wasn’t meant to be. The bottom line is we just weren’t that great a team this year. We had a stout defense but they had the propensity to give up big plays. Offensively our run game was inconsistent and our signal caller was uber talented but often made bone headed decisions......five picks today! ( ok, one was a Hail Mary at the end of the half but still )
I think you will take care of business against Colgate but i’m guessing they will make you work for it.
Their defense is just all around good.....their one big stud lineman was in our backfield all day. On offense their Senior running back didn’t hurt us to bad outside but he he pounded it between the tackles moving the chains. He scored three td’s on us when they beat us in the playoffs in 2015! QB is sneaky...ran more on us than I expected and can def throw the timely completions.
Maybe we will see you next year........unfortunately it will prob be with another coach. Good luck!

Vet70
12-01-2018, 11:32 PM
When their FBS QB transfer that they bragged about proved he also couldn't cut in the FCS.

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 11:34 PM
So transfers leave their teams for a reason other than they are so good they just want to play down a division?
When their FBS QB transfer that they bragged about proved he couldn't also cut in the FCS.

bisonaudit
12-01-2018, 11:36 PM

Not sure what's unfortunate about it. Be better than that two-years-and-out-never-won-with-his-own-players joker. Do you want to build a program or not?

WeAreThePride
12-01-2018, 11:38 PM
When their FBS QB transfer that they bragged about proved he also couldn't cut in the FCS.

You haven’t heard? He washed out of a POWER FIVE school. Not just anybody can wash out of a POWER FIVE school.

TAILG8R
12-01-2018, 11:39 PM
How do you build a program when you can't get a coach to stay for more tan 2 years?

They were never a program and they never will be.

They won one. Good for them.

I side not in the movie that will be NDSU's legacy.

BisonFanAnn
12-02-2018, 12:00 AM

My son grabbed one.

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 12:06 AM
My son grabbed one.

My two biggest regrets were not grabbing turn in 2013 and not grabbing one of those signs.

My favorite moment? When they thought they could still beat NDSU if they played next week.

VirginiaBison
12-02-2018, 12:07 AM
The 'dynasty' lasted only a moment ...

[given the direction of the JMU program, they were scheduled to not even make the playoff selection next year: Natty, Natty Runnerup, 2nd round ... and out.]

Elvis was a Bison
12-02-2018, 12:07 AM
This Post!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

94computerguy
Bench Warmer

I Root For: JMU
RE: Can't finger which one I want to lean on..
I'm just so disgusted that we couldn't turn "being the better team" into "scoring more points." It hurts, and I *hate* that we have to endure another year of NDSU's head-patting. They need to be smote, and I hate waiting to do it.

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 12:13 AM
He may be waiting a while. Like a long time many years ki d of a while.

DCinOK
12-02-2018, 12:44 AM
Bison nation, we were hoping for a rematch but it wasn’t meant to be.

"Wasn't meant to be?!" As if FATE or THE UNIVERSE intervened to prevent a visit to Fargo?! I'd say it had more to do with your Egotistical Excuse-Making Coach, Eastern Arrogance, and a "Power 5 Transfer!" with a wet noodle for an arm.

DCinOK
12-02-2018, 12:46 AM
This thread is not for anyone who blinked recently. If so, you missed The JMU Dynasty! in its entirety.

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 01:02 AM
"Wasn't meant to be?!" As if FATE or THE UNIVERSE intervened to prevent a visit to Fargo?! I'd say it had more to do with your Egotistical Excuse-Making Coach, Eastern Arrogance, and a "Power 5 Transfer!" with a wet noodle for an arm.

No we never threatened your dominance and we were never an FCS dynasty but we sure got you guys hot and bothered for a few years! Hence this thread.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 01:03 AM
That one time they made the Bunnies turn it over 10 times.

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 01:03 AM
I think a few is pushing it. But like all things J-M-WHO why not exaggerate?!?!?
No we never threatened your dominance and we were never an FCS dynasty but we sure got you guys hot and bothered for a few years! Hence this thread.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 01:05 AM

Two years---this year not so much.

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 01:05 AM

And the powerhouse FBS team you played this year was.........?

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 01:07 AM
When they got their streamers taken away from them in Frisco so they went all Ke$ha and threw some glitter made it rain.

Bison bison
12-02-2018, 01:08 AM

Two years. Two very good games.

We are all insane here. We start threads about everyone.

Vet70

And the FCS team you will be playing in the next round is.....? :biggrin:

Bison bison

Everyone that agreed to play us.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 01:10 AM
When they flipped out after we made them think we were being their ticket allotment for the semifinal.

BisonNeil
12-02-2018, 01:12 AM

Seriously? That’s what you’ve got? FBS teams play you because you’ve what, beaten a shitty ECU team, the one your coach is bolting to? And you know damn well no “powerhouse” FBS team will play the Bison because they know they can’t whip our ass and make us scream mama like they can with JMU.

Don’t come here with your pathetic weak-kneed attempts to be clever and make Bison fans feel bad because the nation is filled with chicken shit FBS teams. Go home and suck on your thumb while you wait for another coach to come to your town for two or three seasons.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 01:15 AM
Look at it this way, at least Houston won't have the distraction of another playoff game as he goes job hunting.

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 01:15 AM

And then your streamers were banned.

56BISON73
12-02-2018, 01:17 AM
When they flipped out after we made them think we were being their ticket allotment for the semifinal.

Forgot about that. :rofl:

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 01:19 AM
Forgot about that. :rofl:

https://sep.yimg.com/ay/diabeticfriendly/lollipops-lollypops-or-suckers-all-sugar-free-7.gif

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 01:43 AM
Seriously? That’s what you’ve got? FBS teams play you because you’ve what, beaten a shitty ECU team, the one your coach is bolting to? And you know damn well no “powerhouse” FBS team will play the Bison because they know they can’t whip our ass and make us scream mama like they can with JMU.

Don’t come here with your pathetic weak-kneed attempts to be clever and make Bison fans feel bad because the nation is filled with chicken shit FBS teams. Go home and suck on your thumb while you wait for another coach to come to your town for two or three seasons.

Seriously, what decent FBS teams have you played lately ( I don’t know )? I know you had a great win against Iowa a few years ago ( Wentz? )
We can’t help it that ECU sucked last year. In the last several years we have played North Carolina, West VA, Navy, VA Tech, SMU, Maryland, etc.
Are all of those Midwest schools really hard to get a game with?

Christopher Moen
12-02-2018, 01:44 AM
When McFeeley showed up to their Elon game and cursed them.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 01:48 AM
Yes actually they are they are not shy about saying they do no want to play NDSU.
Seriously, what decent FBS teams have you played lately ( I don’t know )? I know you had a great win against Iowa a few years ago ( Wentz? )
We can’t help it that ECU sucked last year. In the last several years we have played North Carolina, West VA, Navy, VA Tech, SMU, Maryland, etc.

Christopher Moen
12-02-2018, 01:48 AM

Any FBS school outside the PAC-12 won’t answer when Jeremy Jorgensen calls. The Bison have kicked the sand in the faces of those who have invited them to play in their sandbox way too many times the past decade and didn’t apologize as they took their lunch money afterwards.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

NDSUstudent
12-02-2018, 01:52 AM

There aren't a lot of FBS schools in our region and the FBS schools that are in our region(MN, Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska, Wisconsin to name a few) flat out will not play us.

HerdBot
12-02-2018, 01:55 AM
1) The streamers
2) Seeing their fans destroy the tailgating lot after losing
3) Their head coaches fiery speech...
4) How their fans were talking about a repeat and then a dynasty.

Guys... it ain't easy to win 6 out of 7 or 7 out of 8. Appreciate this. Its hard

MAKBison
12-02-2018, 01:59 AM
1) The streamers
2) Seeing their fans destroy the tailgating lot after losing
3) Their head coaches fiery speech...
4) How their fans were talking about a repeat and then a dynasty.

Guys... it ain't easy to win 6 out of 7 or 7 out of 8. Appreciate this. Its hard

Forgot about 2.....yeah that was pretty classy

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 02:04 AM

What decent Patriot league team has JMU beat lately?

StL Bison Fan
12-02-2018, 02:19 AM
My favorite moment was Wednesday. I love a circus. Clowns not so much

DCinOK
12-02-2018, 02:20 AM
No we never threatened your dominance and we were never an FCS dynasty

Many on your board and on AGS made repeated claims that jmu has taken over the FCS throne...that the Bison are chasing us now...that the sun has set on the Bison Dynasty.

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 02:21 AM
What decent Patriot league team has JMU beat lately?

Can’t remember us playing Patriot League teams much.....maybe Lehigh. The CAA is so big, not much room.

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 02:28 AM
Many on your board and on AGS made repeated claims that jmu has taken over the FCS throne...that the Bison are chasing us now...that the sun has set on the Bison Dynasty.

To quote Mark Twain, “the reports of your death are greatly exaggerated “

aces1180
12-02-2018, 02:28 AM
Can’t remember us playing Patriot League teams much.....maybe Lehigh. The CAA is so big, not much room.

Well, it for sure wasn’t Colgate...

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 02:30 AM

You definitely don't want to face a team from that league in the playoffs that's for sure.

DCinOK
12-02-2018, 02:30 AM
To quote Mark Twain, “the reports of your death are greatly exaggerated “

Excellent use of that quote.

Uffda
12-02-2018, 02:34 AM
Wentz beat Iowa State. Stick was Iowa. While we're at it, Jensen beat Kansas State.

NDSU1980
12-02-2018, 02:36 AM
Has anyone seen what the JMU tailgating lot at Colgate looked like after the game? Do they leave a mess everywhere they go, or just Frisco?

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 02:37 AM
Wentz beat Iowa State. Stick was Iowa. While we're at it, Jensen beat Kansas State.

Should have lost a couple of those and they could have kept scheduling.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d2592e723e46b2c9f1fc9e859adab0c6/tenor.gif?itemid=7690866

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 02:39 AM
Has anyone seen what the JMU tailgating lot at Colgate looked like after the game? Do they leave a mess everywhere they go, or just Frisco?

Can you really call a couple rented trailers decorated with streamers a tailgate?

HerdBot
12-02-2018, 02:43 AM
Forgot about 2.....yeah that was pretty classy

Trying to drive out of the tailgating lot and avoiding the broken glass was a challenge

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 02:44 AM
OMG! I almost forgot the concessions boycott!

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 02:49 AM
I watched the replay of the JMU/Colgate game to see if they showed the Mike Houston pregame speech. Nothing.

No_Skill
12-02-2018, 03:11 AM
I watched the replay of the JMU/Colgate game to see if they showed the Mike Houston pregame speech. Nothing.

We can only imagine

"ALRIGHT MEN AHHHHH!!!!! I'VE GOT THREE JOB INTERVIEWS SCHEDULED NEXT WEEK AHHHHHHH!!!! I REALLY NEED THIS WIN ON MY RESUME AAAHHHHH!!! SO LET'S GO OUT THERE. AAHHHHHH!!! AND GIVE IT AHHHHHHLLLL WE'VE GOT YARRRRRRR!!!!!"

runtheoption
12-02-2018, 03:17 AM
JMU Dick Trippers

turkeybucket
12-02-2018, 03:30 AM

We've won our last 6 FBS games (Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado St, Kansas St, Iowa St, Iowa). Then the Big10 commissioner told its members to stop scheduling FCS teams. Other FCS teams have been able to get some games since then, but not NDSU. Our next one is Oregon in 2 years.

BisonHorns
12-02-2018, 11:11 AM
My least favorite part of their dynasty was the fact that the semi final they beat the Bison they had 7 players banned from playing in the championship game due to performance enhancing drugs. Lame ass cheaters who need drugs to beat us once and then forget that tiny detail.
http://www.richmond.com/sports/college/schools/james-madison/article_db66f0e3-5d7a-5abb-a8e4-1be8ab264ef4.html

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 11:55 AM
When they claimed for 2 years that Mike Houston walked on water and they completely turned on him in the course of 4 days.

scottietohottie
12-02-2018, 12:18 PM
When we were all debating if they would come up this week with or without Mike Houston and then they just don't come at all. Any of them. :rofl:

gizmo
12-02-2018, 12:18 PM
When the JMU coach (sorry, what's his name?) was pissed that they were "disrespected" by the playoff seeding committee.

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 12:21 PM
When the JMU coach (sorry, what's his name?) was pissed that they were "disrespected" by the playoff seeding committee.

Mickey Matthews.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 12:56 PM
When a douchenozzle Duke fan stood right behind me in Frisco and started talking smack about Stick during the start of the 3rd.

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 03:13 PM
We've won our last 6 FBS games (Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado St, Kansas St, Iowa St, Iowa). Then the Big10 commissioner told its members to stop scheduling FCS teams. Other FCS teams have been able to get some games since then, but not NDSU. Our next one is Oregon in 2 years.

Wow.....didn’t know that. No wonder no one will schedule you.

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 03:20 PM

G5 won't even return a call.

IzzyFlexion
12-02-2018, 03:21 PM

By an average margin of 9 points.

Vet70
12-02-2018, 03:23 PM

Overall 9-3 against FBS teams.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 04:19 PM
Overall 9-3 against FBS teams.

Two loses by late FGs.

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 04:28 PM
Two loses by late FGs.

The only time we got beat by more than a FG was probably the worst Bison team in 40 years.

heffray
12-02-2018, 04:43 PM
This moment right here, this thread. Easily my favorite. Especially the part when a JMU fan comes on to try and defend his “dynasty” and gets an education on what a real dynasty looks like...

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-02-2018, 05:13 PM
This moment right here, this thread. Easily my favorite. Especially the part when a JMU fan comes on to try and defend his “dynasty” and gets an education on what a real dynasty looks like...

Effin clueless. The rest of the FCS is clueless as to what NDSU is all about and how good this team really is.

Like Alpha said, it gets really old all these fans from other teams coming on here and telling us about their all-world this and that.

Madisonmen
12-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Effin clueless. The rest of the FCS is clueless as to what NDSU is all about and how good this team really is.

Like Alpha said, it gets really old all these fans from other teams coming on here and telling us about their all-world this and that.

Well boys, I’ve had my fun, prob won’t come on this board again til’ next year. We return 20 of 22 starters in 19’. Hopefully we will make the playoffs again and do some damage this time. I think Colgate might have spared us from a Fardo beat down. We just weren’t that good.
As far as Coach Houston goes, we would love to have him back....37-6, duh. But we will survive either way.
My trash talking has been in good fun....we know who the King Of The Hill is. We were just happy that we caused you some consternation for a couple years. The Dukes will be back!

Bison bison
12-02-2018, 06:05 PM
F#ck the aristocracy!

Bison 4 Life
12-02-2018, 06:10 PM
Well boys, I’ve had my fun, prob won’t come on this board again til’ next year. We return 20 of 22 starters in 19’. Hopefully we will make the playoffs again and do some damage this time. I think Colgate might have spared us from a Fardo beat down. We just weren’t that good.
As far as Coach Houston goes, we would love to have him back....37-6, duh. But we will survive either way.
My trash talking has been in good fun....we know who the King Of The Hill is. We were just happy that we caused you some consternation for a couple years. The Dukes will be back!

Cute. I know a coach who has 29 more wins against 0 more losses.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 06:11 PM
Cute. I know a coach who has 29 more wins against 0 more losses.

In a way better conference too ;)

TAILG8R
12-02-2018, 06:21 PM
Jesus we simply can't let good enough alone can we.

Houston has a solid record at J-M-WHO (see even I can't leave it alone) but he gone and with or without him I just don't see them being at the top of the heap year in and year out. Why? Because one team has ever done that. One.

I'm talking about a new standard. Not 3-4 years.

heffray
12-02-2018, 07:22 PM

Classy response. Thanks and good luck.

Now let’s see if bulldog will come back and eat crow. Doubtful...

DCinOK
12-02-2018, 07:24 PM
Well boys, I’ve had my fun,

That's what Houston said.

EC8CH
12-02-2018, 08:28 PM
That's what Houston said.

Ice cooooooooooooold!

cbline
12-02-2018, 09:40 PM
My favorite dynasty moment: Frisco tailgating when an NDSU fan served "JMU Blood", which consisted of vodka and grape juice I believe. The purple drink hit the spot at 7:30 a.m. on game day.

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 01:27 AM
My favorite dynasty moment: Frisco tailgating when an NDSU fan served "JMU Blood", which consisted of vodka and grape juice I believe. The purple drink hit the spot at 7:30 a.m. on game day.

Was it served warm or cold?

Mr Meaty
12-03-2018, 02:27 AM
Was it served warm or cold?

Warm is best

56BISON73
12-03-2018, 02:36 AM
I loved this JMU tailgate starter kit from the natty

https://i.imgur.com/TjY3vit.jpg

reformedUNDfan
12-03-2018, 02:56 AM

The big ten banned its teams from scheduling FCS teams for several years because of NDSU

TheBisonBeast
12-03-2018, 03:06 AM
What is the name of their board?

EC8CH
12-03-2018, 03:12 AM
What is the name of their board?

https://csnbbs.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=685

MrSnuffleupagus
12-03-2018, 01:25 PM
Wait, who are we talking about?

I forgot about them.

tony
12-03-2018, 01:39 PM
My favorite moment was when their players figured out the secret to "the stick out your tongue and touch your elbow" challenge.

https://cdn.herosports.com/upload/post/manual/01_18/5/121617_SDSU_Gallery-2_93-1515167053.jpeg

Note to UND: While I admire your players' efforts, those are not elbows.

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 03:59 PM
Well boys, I’ve had my fun, prob won’t come on this board again til’ next year.

Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year. Maybe it is the specific threads I read (like this one)....but this one is nothing but a bunch of bashing and bragging. Anyone know of a good NDSU forum with solid conversation about actual football? Maybe a group of people that aren't afraid to talk about actual strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?

In all seriousness, no one thought anyone BUT NDSU would win this year. In fact, I would consider it an extremely poor performance to NOT win the championship this year. Returned basically their whole national championship team from last year. Best of luck to them the rest of the year. I imagine they'll blow everyone out along the way (including Colgate).

Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.

23Bison
12-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Nobody on here is bitter about JMU! Why would we be? What we dislike for the most part is your former coach and the fans that said JMU is the new standard in FCS and such. You are not and probably never will be as long as NDSU is in division. Sure you may win a title again some day and who knows, you may be the Bison again to get there. Your arrogant former head coach is an idiot! He's just a scam artist and has yet to coach a team full of HIS recruits to anything worth mentioning. 2 years here and gone. 3 years there and gone. Poof, like slut magic he's gone again to ECU after signing a 10 year extension. We can make fun of your program as much as we want and nobody here cares about your's or your fan bases sensibilities.

Honeybooboo
12-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year. Maybe it is the specific threads I read (like this one)....but this one is nothing but a bunch of bashing and bragging. Anyone know of a good NDSU forum with solid conversation about actual football? Maybe a group of people that aren't afraid to talk about actual strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?

In all seriousness, no one thought anyone BUT NDSU would win this year. In fact, I would consider it an extremely poor performance to NOT win the championship this year. Returned basically their whole national championship team from last year. Best of luck to them the rest of the year. I imagine they'll blow everyone out along the way (including Colgate).

Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.

this thread/forum is not reflective of all NDSU Fans, trust me

Kujava23
12-03-2018, 04:23 PM
When Mike Houston USED Charlotte to land East Carolina job!!

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 04:24 PM
this thread/forum is not reflective of all NDSU Fans, trust me

I don't doubt that. Had a blast tailgating in Frisco with everyone last year. Didn't run into a single confrontational person.

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 04:30 PM
Nobody on here is bitter about JMU! Why would we be? What we dislike for the most part is your former coach and the fans that said JMU is the new standard in FCS and such. You are not and probably never will be as long as NDSU is in division. Sure you may win a title again some day and who knows, you may be the Bison again to get there. Your arrogant former head coach is an idiot! He's just a scam artist and has yet to coach a team full of HIS recruits to anything worth mentioning. 2 years here and gone. 3 years there and gone. Poof, like slut magic he's gone again to ECU after signing a 10 year extension. We can make fun of your program as much as we want and nobody here cares about your's or your fan bases sensibilities.

Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come on, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particularly well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his image and goals. JMU was the standard for 2 years I guess, now it is back to NDSU.

Thought this thread was about a 'dynasty' not general concern/disdain for Mike Houston or the fan base. Must have misread the title....

Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.

23Bison
12-03-2018, 04:36 PM
This is a fair comment. I did come off a hard but that was in case a few more JMU fans wanted to come here and whine about this thread. A few threads are good but will probably take most of the week to get into Xs and Os.

No other Forum options sorry.

Son of a Bison
12-03-2018, 04:37 PM
Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come one, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particular well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his iamge and goals. JMU was the standard for 2 years I guess, now it is back to NDSU. Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.

Who from staff stays at JMU? Who goes to ECU?

We had a messy coach break up in 2013 but Kleiman stayed and kept the program rolling starting with keeping the current senior class of recruits.

BisManBison
12-03-2018, 04:39 PM

You have to filter through and ignore a lot of the bravado posts. It was the same thing with the MSU fans this week. Honestly, JMU is a good program and is clearly capable of challenging us for the national title every year, that's why you see so much discussion about JMU here. It really is a sign of respect if you think about it.

BattleBorn
12-03-2018, 04:42 PM
My favorite moment was the tears on a JMU dad's face when I congratulated him on their semi-final victory. Losing that game sucked hard, but he was one hell of a nice guy, and it reminded me of what it felt like for us back when we appreciated going to Frisco. :hide:

That was also my least favorite moment as it was my dad's final Bison game before his death.

Vet70
12-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come on, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particularly well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his image and goals. JMU was the standard for 1 year I guess, now it is back to NDSU.

Thought this thread was about a 'dynasty' not general concern/disdain for Mike Houston or the fan base. Must have misread the title....

Never said my feelings or sensibilities were hurt. Was mostly asking for another forum that better suited my needs.

Fixed an error in your post for you.

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 04:53 PM
Who from staff stays at JMU? Who goes to ECU?

We had a messy coach break up in 2013 but Kleiman stayed and kept the program rolling starting with keeping the current senior class of recruits.

That I do not know but I am not in the loop as much as some people in town. Bob Trott previously came from Richmond, so I am hoping he does not leave with Houston (as I do not think they had previous connections). He has moved around a lot, from position coaching in the NFL to assistant coach/defensive coordinator in 1-A and FCS. So I am not particularly hopeful but it would be nice if they could retain him. If I were AD, I might even consider attempting to have base the head coach decision on the likelihood of him staying.

As far as players leaving, I wouldn't be surprised if a couple do leave. But I am not expecting more than one or two (maybe I'll be wrong). There is an enormous amount of recruiting opportunity on the east coast, so I am not as worried about players leaving as I am about getting a decent coaching staff. With VA Tech/UVA/UNC/ECU/Duke all sucking this year, recruiting isn't a huge concern in my opinion. There is a ton talent around so if anything, I think recruiting should still be fine.

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 04:56 PM
Fixed an error in your post for you.

Haha up for debate I guess. JMU did hold the #1 throughout the entire season and playoffs, right? Maybe we could settle on 1.99 seasons? :)

MrSnuffleupagus
12-03-2018, 05:03 PM
Same here, just joined to hear the chatter last week. Unlike you I am not sure I will be coming back next year.

https://media.giphy.com/media/Bu8ADbj7NuRry/giphy.gif

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 05:04 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/Bu8ADbj7NuRry/giphy.gif

Haha funny. But what fun is a room full of the same people? Not going to be a lot of productive conversation.

23Bison
12-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Haha funny. But what fun is a room full of the same people? Not going to be a lot of productive conversation.

If you want to see a productive conversation go to the Wake Up Bison Nation thread where FBS talk is happening. Very Purple Statement... You’ll see there are not a bunch of the same people here! Lol

tony
12-03-2018, 05:38 PM

Well, you know your team is good when we feel so threatened that we start a thread like this. Or when I complain that you are in our quarterfinals bracket because usually I love to see non-conference schools in our bracket.

EC8CH
12-03-2018, 06:09 PM

You are aware this is a sports forum right? Smack is talked accordingly because it's a fun part of following sports. Don't pretend we don't talk about "strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?" there are plenty of those threads on this forum as well.

JMU gets special attention because they've done something no other team has done in the past 7 years, beat the Bison in the playoffs. Also because they do silly things too like their Athletic Department makes signs mocking NDSU and their facilities. Their fans do silly things like throw streamers and threaten to boycott Toyota Stadium concession vendors. Some of the news articles about them wrote silly things like suggest they were replacing NDSU as the new FCS Dynasty after winning a single Championship. That gets our attention and gives us something to have fun with in between discussing actual X's and O's.

Chill out. Relax. and have some fun. When game time comes, everyone here in the end appreciates opposing fans and realizes we are all going to the same game and have the right to cheer on their own team. Except Bunny fans and their trash program.

For the time being, JMU has earned a spot with past and current conference rivals as targets of online Bison smack talk. It's an achievement really, and I'd imagine most Bison fans respect JMU for focusing on having a good defense and run game. Other out of conference contenders without that focus who are the target of smack talk have much less respect behind it.

Bison bison
12-03-2018, 06:19 PM
Yep, never thought much of Houston. Has yet to prove himself as a long term coach. Won a championship with another coaches recruits. The defensive coordinator is the real deal though. Don't remember that particular comment but it does sound a bit cocky. But come on, wouldn't you expect anyone to make a comment like that in the moment? Even if it isn't reality, he did particularly well to market himself. From my perspective, JMU was just a stepping stone in his eyes. The statement was all part of his image and goals. JMU was the standard for 1 game I guess, now it is back to NDSU.

Congrats on beating an unhealthy Bison team. Once.

ZHerd
12-03-2018, 06:23 PM

Fan forums will be fan forums. AGS isn’t any different or better than here (as much as some would like to believe). If you don’t like smack or chest thumping then ignore it and talk football. Someone will eventually discuss whatever you’re trying to discuss

GreenfieldBison
12-03-2018, 06:33 PM
Haha up for debate I guess. JMU did hold the #1 throughout the entire season and playoffs, right? Maybe we could settle on 1.99 seasons? :)

Depends on whether your metric is continuous or discrete. I think Vet is lobbying for discrete, based on championships achieved. Oh and didn't NDSU hold the #1 ranking until JMU knocked them off in the semis in '16? If so then even by your continuous metric it is closer to 1.1 than 1.99.

Meh, details.

JMUVtFan
12-03-2018, 06:38 PM
Depends on whether your metric is continuous or discrete. I think Vet is lobbying for discrete, based on championships achieved. Oh and didn't NDSU hold the #1 ranking until JMU knocked them off in the semis in '16? If so then even by your continuous metric it is closer to 1.1 than 1.99.

Meh, details.

True, I can't have it both ways.

Vet70
12-03-2018, 06:40 PM
You are aware this is a sports forum right? Smack is talked accordingly because it's a fun part of following sports. Don't pretend we don't talk about "strengths and weaknesses? Predict game plan? etc.?" there are plenty of those threads on this forum as well.

JMU gets special attention because they've done something no other team has done in the past 7 years, beat the Bison in the playoffs. Also because they do silly things too like their Athletic Department makes signs mocking NDSU and their facilities. Their fans do silly things like throw streamers and threaten to boycott Toyota Stadium concession vendors. Some of the news articles about them wrote silly things like suggest they were replacing NDSU as the new FCS Dynasty after winning a single Championship. That gets our attention and gives us something to have fun with in between discussing actual X's and O's.

Chill out. Relax. and have some fun. When game time comes, everyone here in the end appreciates opposing fans and realizes we are all going to the same game and have the right to cheer on their own team. Except Bunny fans and their trash program.

For the time being, JMU has earned a spot with past and current conference rivals as targets of online Bison smack talk. It's an achievement really, and I'd imagine most Bison fans respect JMU for focusing on having a good defense and run game. Other out of conference contenders without that focus who are the target of smack talk have much less respect behind it.

That right there is a pretty darn good summary. Except the purple on the Bunny trash program.

StL Bison Fan
12-03-2018, 06:55 PM
Fan forums will be fan forums. AGS isn’t any different or better than here (as much as some would like to believe). If you don’t like smack or chest thumping then ignore it and talk football. Someone will eventually discuss whatever you’re trying to discuss

Notice we don’t smack Indiana State or Mo State at the same level

ZHerd
12-03-2018, 08:04 PM
Notice we don’t smack Indiana State or Mo State at the same level

True, of course they pretty much never come here either. I doubt they have more than 2 posters on their own forums

Mr Meaty
12-03-2018, 08:41 PM
Not to rain on a lot of parades. But JMU should be pretty tough next year with the players that are available to come back. Now if they can keep them from leaving and find the staff to coach them up. They will be around yet. I would bet on the being back in the talk next year before Colgate, Austin Peay, UN_ and many other teams.

TAILG8R
12-03-2018, 08:46 PM
In short we reserve serious football talk to those teams we are playing the upcoming Sat that are worthy of it. And quite frankly most aren't. See average margin of victory. The fact that this board gives JMU 12 pages of respect is telling and should be seen as just that, respect. Now when you fall off the face of the FCS earth and aren't' relevant in 3-4 years you'll get the same treatment as the others. :)

TAILG8R
12-03-2018, 08:49 PM
Not to rain on a lot of parades. But JMU should be pretty tough next year with the players that are available to come back. Now if they can keep them from leaving and find the staff to coach them up. They will be around yet. I would bet on the being back in the talk next year before Colgate, Austin Peay, UN_ and many other teams.

A lot of teams are in the playoffs "every year". Wake me when someone is a NC contender year in and year out for more than 2-3 years. So far JMU managed to do it for 2 straight years. Their streak can start again next year.

In reality regardless of how/why they ended up in Frisco SHSU's streak could be considered more of a perennial contender than JMU.

MankatoBison
12-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Best moment? that time where they didnt actually lose to New Hampshire this year. Incredible victory for JMU

56BISON73
12-03-2018, 10:27 PM
They had a moment???

BisonHorns
12-03-2018, 11:58 PM
"Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.[/QUOTE]
I have my options set up to hold more responses. This is only page 3 to me. We have a thread with 1,000,000+ views and it is not even obscene material.

Bison 4 Life
12-04-2018, 12:00 AM
"Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.
I have my options set up to hold more responses. This is only page 3 to me. We have a thread with 1,000,000+ views and it is not even obscene material.[/QUOTE]

Also, Colgate is kind of boring. If JMU hadn't pudded it up this year, this thread would be designated to them as an opponent.

Just sayin.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-04-2018, 12:09 AM
I have my options set up to hold more responses. This is only page 3 to me. We have a thread with 1,000,000+ views and it is not even obscene material.

Also, Colgate is kind of boring. If JMU hadn't pudded it up this year, this thread would be designated to them as an opponent.

Just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much my thoughts. Would rather see JMU this Saturday. They have proven to be the real deal over the past few years.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
12-04-2018, 12:10 AM
Also, what is going on with the "quote" function?

Bison 4 Life
12-04-2018, 12:16 AM
Also, what is going on with the "quote" function?

Pretty much my thoughts. Would rather see JMU this Saturday. They have proven to be the real deal over the past few years.

You deleted the opening Quote tag.

wagsabison
12-04-2018, 02:58 AM
"Also, why are NDSU fans so bitter about JMU? Genuine question, I mean bitter enough to create this 12+ page thread? I would have thought they would enjoy our company as we are the only other FCS team in the country able to consistently travel well. Makes the title game more enjoyable when both sides show up in my opinion.
I have my options set up to hold more responses. This is only page 3 to me. We have a thread with 1,000,000+ views and it is not even obscene material.[/QUOTE]

That thread did get locked for a weekend.

admin
12-04-2018, 01:58 PM

That thread did get locked for a weekend.

And that thread is over 4 million views now.

Also, people can fix broken quote tags (or ask me to do it for you) by clicking the "Switch Editor to Source Mode" button and making sure that there's a QUOTE in square brackets to match up with every /QUOTE in square brackets.

Bison 4 Life
12-04-2018, 02:01 PM
and that thread is over 4 million views now.

Also, people can fix broken quote tags (or ask me to do it for you) by clicking the "switch editor to source mode" button and making sure that there's a quote in square brackets to match up with every /quote in square brackets.

WYSIWYG ftw

Herd
12-04-2018, 02:04 PM
It all comes back to the streamers for me. That's a legacy that won't be forgotten!

Vet70
12-04-2018, 05:59 PM
It all comes back to the streamers for me. That's a legacy that won't be forgotten!

On the Colgate board, one poster stated that students may have been throwing snowballs at JMU fans. The possibility was raised that it was in retaliation for streamers being thrown at them. The lesson is don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

TAILG8R
12-04-2018, 06:16 PM
On the Colgate board, one poster stated that students may have been throwing snowballs at JMU fans. The possibility was raised that it was in retaliation for streamers being thrown at them. The lesson is don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

I always wanted an opposing fan to grab a streamer after it rained down, make sure the "tail" was tucked in and hammer it straight at the nearest JMU fans head. I mean they are just streamers after all ...

BadlandsBison
12-06-2018, 02:35 PM
Seems to be confirmed that Houston is taking both coordinators with him. I wonder if jmu recruits are next?

cbline
12-06-2018, 02:57 PM
Seems to be confirmed that Houston is taking both coordinators with him. I wonder if jmu recruits are next?

Quite possibly like rats off a sinking ship.

tony
12-06-2018, 03:51 PM
Quite possibly like rats off a sinking ship.

JMU is hardly a sinking ship though. They are set up to be a perennial power.

GreenfieldBison
12-06-2018, 03:58 PM

Watched that game last night. Thought I saw some snowballs flyin. Funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christopher Moen
12-06-2018, 04:43 PM
Watched that game last night. Thought I saw some snowballs flyin. Funny.

The announcers were also talking about it too. I just don't remember them (announcers) saying anything about it being in retaliation to having streamers tossed at them.

Vet70
12-06-2018, 04:57 PM
The announcers were also talking about it too. I just don't remember them (announcers) saying anything about it being in retaliation to having streamers tossed at them.

Speculation only by one of the Colgate posters.

THEsocalledfan
12-06-2018, 05:01 PM
I liked that time they complained about streamers.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2018, 12:20 PM
Remember when JMU was in the upper tier of FCS football? That was awesome.

https://www.nbc.com/sites/nbcunbc/files/files/images/2015/5/27/150522_2868143_The_Chris_Farley_Show__McCartney.jp g

Professor Chaos
12-07-2018, 12:26 PM
I realize that it's en vogue to pile on JMU right now but I think they'll be right there amongst the national contenders next year unless they hire a bunch of tool sheds on their coaching staff. They only have handful of seniors this year. Their beat writer said on The Insiders that they return 22 starters next year (he was counting an injured CB who was out all year but started in 2017 and may have been counting specialists as well). They'll be the CAA favorites again most likely next year.

Bison 4 Life
12-07-2018, 12:34 PM
I realize that it's en vogue to pile on JMU right now but I think they'll be right there amongst the national contenders next year unless they hire a bunch of tool sheds on their coaching staff. They only have handful of seniors this year. Their beat writer said on The Insiders that they return 22 starters next year (he was counting an injured CB who was out all year but started in 2017 and may have been counting specialists as well). They'll be the CAA favorites again most likely next year.

Or, they could be Sam Houston State. Really tough for a couple of years before Willie Fritz left now kind of the middle of the pack.

Mr Meaty
12-07-2018, 12:40 PM

After the title game last year, we talked with a couple of their fans about seeing them again in Frisco next year (this year). They said they would not be back do to what they were losing for players. So not seeing them still in it at this point to me is probably expected. They will be back and ready for us.

BisonNation11
12-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Or, they could be Sam Houston State. Really tough for a couple of years before Willie Fritz left now kind of the middle of the pack.

Saw KC Keeler on someone's short list. They could be exactly like SHSU.

Bison 4 Life
12-07-2018, 02:47 PM
Saw KC Keeler on someone's short list. They could be exactly like SHSU.

TBH I thought he would be perfect in there before I read that. He's a CAA guy, cocky brash. He's perfect for them.

23Bison
12-07-2018, 02:48 PM
Well for JMU’s sake I hope they don’t play any healthy teams next year or no Championship appearance for you.

MankatoBison
12-07-2018, 02:54 PM

We should consult the lone Colgate fan, and get straight to the bottom of this. Izzo's probably got a story brewing for TV: "The Last Colgate fan: a living history"

cbline
12-07-2018, 02:57 PM
OK, here's my take, and I'll listen to any corrections that others want to make.

I have my doubts about JMU's short-term prospects for success. They lost nine coaches (Houston and eight assistants) from a team that relies on transfers, not a team/program that builds from the ground up. Next year, a whole new staff will be walking into a place that seems to rely on the "quick fix" rather than relying on a culture of winning. I'm not sure that is a recipe for success.

Vet70
12-07-2018, 03:02 PM
We should consult the lone Colgate fan, and get straight to the bottom of this. Izzo's probably got a story brewing for TV: "The Last Colgate fan: a living history"

Who knows what the real story is---both sides say the other side started the fracas. Personally, I wouldn't believe anyone from JMU if they were Mother Teresa (if she was still alive).

cbline
12-07-2018, 03:26 PM

If you look at the game film, you can see a snowball coming from the grassy knoll at the north end of Andy Kerr Stadium.

TAILG8R
12-07-2018, 05:28 PM
And he'd have a half a chance of finally beating the Bison.
TBH I thought he would be perfect in there before I read that. He's a CAA guy, cocky brash. He's perfect for them.

wagsabison
12-07-2018, 05:49 PM
Well for JMU’s sake I hope they don’t play any healthy teams next year or no Championship appearance for you.

I know Colgate’s coach made this comparison. What’s this from? I think I missed it. Something Houston said?

Mr Meaty
12-07-2018, 06:21 PM
I know Colgate’s coach made this comparison. What’s this from? I think I missed it. Something Houston said?

Houston complained on the selection show about JMU not being seeded and how they lost to a couple healthy teams while Colgate beat them when those teams were hurt. That is why the quote from Colgate coach is priceless.

EC8CH
12-07-2018, 06:36 PM
Houston complained on the selection show about JMU not being seeded and how they lost to a couple healthy teams while Colgate beat them when those teams were hurt. That is why the quote from Colgate coach is priceless.

One reason he's in my consideration to replace Klieman. Savage AF tweet!

wagsabison
12-07-2018, 06:55 PM

I like it!

heffray
12-07-2018, 07:36 PM
If you look at the game film, you can see a snowball coming from the grassy knoll at the north end of Andy Kerr Stadium.

...and you can clearly see his head go back, and to the left...

...back... and to left...

heffray
12-07-2018, 07:37 PM
OK, here's my take, and I'll listen to any corrections that others want to make.

I have my doubts about JMU's short-term prospects for success. They lost nine coaches (Houston and eight assistants) from a team that relies on transfers, not a team/program that builds from the ground up. Next year, a whole new staff will be walking into a place that seems to rely on the "quick fix" rather than relying on a culture of winning. I'm not sure that is a recipe for success.

I agree with this. Maybe they make the playoffs again, because the CAA is proving to be much softer than even the Big Sky this year.

Vet70
12-07-2018, 07:40 PM
...and you can clearly see his head go back, and to the left...

...back... and to left...

Of Course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc

heffray
12-07-2018, 07:41 PM
Of Course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBz3PqA2Fmc

There must have been a second spitter!

CAS4127
12-07-2018, 07:55 PM
I agree with this. Maybe they make the playoffs again, because the CAA is proving to be much softer than even the Big Sky this year.

They return 20-21 starters next year. They won’t need a lot of transfers to fill spots. The biggest question will be the new set of coaches and HC.

THEsocalledfan
12-07-2018, 07:56 PM
They return 20-21 starters next year. They won’t need a lot of transfers to fill spots. The biggest question will be the new set of coaches and HC.

You remember when JMU had a great QB? That was awesome.

(I think that is a huge problem for them.)

Vet70
12-07-2018, 07:57 PM

Tailgating tomorrow?

heffray
12-07-2018, 07:59 PM

Right, and then they dropped 2 conference games and exited the playoffs in round 2. I just don't think a team gets better when there is a coaching change, but I could be wrong about that.

Bison Bridge Guy
12-07-2018, 08:06 PM
Right, and then they dropped 2 conference games and exited the playoffs in round 2. I just don't think a team gets better when there is a coaching change, but I could be wrong about that.

I believe Houston won the championship his first year at JMU...

heffray
12-07-2018, 08:09 PM
I believe Houston won the championship his first year at JMU...

Fair point. That type of IMMEDIATE turn-around has to be some kind of aberration, no?

VirginiaBison
12-07-2018, 11:23 PM
Anyone hook up with the visitors and show them the town tonight (Friday)?

CAS4127
12-07-2018, 11:24 PM
Anyone hook up with the visitors and show them the town tonight (Friday)?

I think you’re in wrong thread. In case you haven’t heard, we play Colgate tomorrow.

Jussayin’!

VirginiaBison
12-07-2018, 11:27 PM
Yea, I tried to delete it, but you were too fast. =) Must be that Northern speed.

SDbison
12-08-2018, 12:57 AM
JMU Dynasty.........like it never happened!

GSUsTALON
12-08-2018, 01:06 AM
WHAT THE H*ll would JMU know about dynasty. They dont understand the definition or concept let alone them being one!

B. b. bison
12-08-2018, 07:04 AM
The Seventh Dynasty of Egypt would mark the beginning of the First Intermediate Period in the early 22nd century BC but its actual existence is debated.

I would say JMU football falls in the same bucket.

BisonHorns
12-08-2018, 11:22 AM
WHAT THE H*ll would JMU know about dynasty. They dont understand the definition or concept let alone them being one!

The thread is tongue in cheek humor about JMU calling themselves a dynasty after one championship. (Which shouldn't even count because 7 of thier players were doped up when they beat the Bison and couldn't play in Frisco.)

Mr Meaty
12-08-2018, 11:32 AM
When their coach left them after a terrible loss and wears his championship game ring for a picture with his new team.

DCinOK
12-10-2018, 01:46 AM
The latest from the JMU board....
"When you read posts like that it really shines a light on the types of people who are NDST fans and just what their daily lives are like. In the end you just kind of feel bad for them.

Remember, these are people with nothing. They live in North Dakota. There is nothing there but basically the one football team that is the center of their universe. Without their string of championships, the suicide rate there would likely be through the roof.

When you read their posts, think about the movie Fargo. It's pretty depressing actually. Which is also a reason I am starting to support a quicker jump to FBS. Even if the JMU - NDST "rivalry" continued, I'm not sure Id want our program associated with theirs.

Oh yaaaah, yuuu betcha!"

Bison 4 Life
12-10-2018, 01:57 AM
"When you read posts like that it really shines a light on the types of people who are NDST fans and just what their daily lives are like. In the end you just kind of feel bad for them.

Remember, these are people with nothing. They live in North Dakota. There is nothing there but basically the one football team that is the center of their universe. Without their string of championships, the suicide rate there would likely be through the roof.

When you read their posts, think about the movie Fargo. It's pretty depressing actually. Which is also a reason I am starting to support a quicker jump to FBS. Even if the JMU - NDST "rivalry" continued, I'm not sure Id want our program associated with theirs.

Oh yaaaah, yuuu betcha!"

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-k0PGhy9wvHA/VfVFRgwdI-I/AAAAAAAAmHs/eVnmDNeqAyE/s1600/volpe-uva-3.jpg

WeAreThePride
12-10-2018, 02:02 AM
Classy at always. Either they actually believe ND is a wasteland, in which case they’re retarded, or they think they’re being clever by making the same joke we hear from everyone.

Vet70
12-10-2018, 02:06 AM

Oh yaaaah, yuuu betcha!"

I assume they do realize that the Patriot League team that beat them lost to us 35-0.

HerdBot
12-10-2018, 02:21 AM
Classy at always. Either they actually believe ND is a wasteland, in which case they’re retarded, or they think they’re being clever by making the same joke we hear from everyone.

Same lame jokes. Kansas and Nebraska gets it all the time too
When someone insults your great state, that means they have lost.

NDSU92
12-10-2018, 02:27 AM

Lol Harrisonburg has about as much going on as Moorhead on a given day. Makes Fargo look like Minneapolis

BisonLaw
12-10-2018, 02:27 AM
I like when people think it sucks here. Keeps the riff raff out. We have a pretty great state!

Christopher Moen
12-10-2018, 03:19 AM

Oh yaaaah, yuuu betcha!"

I’d like to know what post the JMU fan is referring to and where it was posted. If one “ours” is over there trolling, then we here might have more perspective.

NovaBison
12-17-2018, 10:08 PM
Found this interesting... from their new Coach's Presser:

“This is the Alabama of FCS. We have a great, passionate fan base who wants to be engaged. There’s no other school at this level like JMU. You deserve the best and I embrace the expectations.”
-Cignetti on the JMU football program

https://twitter.com/JMUFootball/status/1074721956438700033

HerdistheWord
12-17-2018, 10:15 PM
So he is all huff and puff as well. I would say that JMU is the LSU of the FCS at best. Good, talented team that plays second fiddle to NDSU.

GreenfieldBison

“This is the Alabama of FCS. We have a great, passionate fan base who wants to be engaged. There’s no other school at this level like JMU. You deserve the best and I embrace the expectations.”

Well, if they're the Alabama of the FCS what does that make the Bison program???

DCinOK

Oh my...I see Mike excuseton left his arrogance behind for cignetti to use. That's an insult to Alabama, let alone ndsu.

Christopher Moen
12-17-2018, 10:18 PM

Someone should let him know that Alabama is the NDSU of the FBS.

That’ll give him a brain-cramp.

X-Factor
12-17-2018, 10:19 PM
The thread is tongue in cheek humor about JMU calling themselves a dynasty after one championship. (Which shouldn't even count because 7 of thier players were doped up when they beat the Bison and couldn't play in Frisco.)

I’m pretty sure the article states that the dopers were suspended before the Bison game, not after

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 10:20 PM
Well, if they're the Alabama of the FCS what does that make the Bison program???

The Patriots.

Vet70
12-17-2018, 10:31 PM
Their new HC is delusional. He will fit right in.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 10:37 PM
I've changed my mind. This. this is definitely my favorite moment.

Mr Meaty
12-17-2018, 10:47 PM
East Coast elites that think the world revolves around them.

Bison 4 Life
12-17-2018, 10:56 PM
What I'm guessing is coming from such a pud program as Elon, he had to try to alpha the place a little bit so he went over the top. Probably could have used some different language so his ass wasn't hanging out there so much but, whatever.

DCinOK
12-17-2018, 11:26 PM
Another Friday comment from the Virginia One-hit Wonders...

"In order to win in the Fargo Dome, you have to beat the hell out of the Bizn so that there is no doubt who the better team is. If you are locked in a tight game the refs will make sure the Bizn end up victorious.

No targeting penalties, no late hit penalties, random fair catch interference to give the Bizn the ball back. If this was a neutral site game SDST would be winning."

Da Bison
12-17-2018, 11:30 PM
Kinda reminds me of Tim Brewster. Just another used car salesman blowing smoke up your azz.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

DakotaOkie
12-18-2018, 12:03 AM
Their new HC is delusional. He will fit right in.

Must have been an acrimonious departure...Elon removed his photo from the 2018 coaching roster.

23Bison
12-18-2018, 12:17 AM
I must say that their new coach fits right in with the rest of the JMU faithful. It is quite entertaining.

VirginiaBison
12-18-2018, 12:25 AM
Since their drug amped game to beat NDSU, its been down hill ... just saying.

BisonLaw
12-18-2018, 12:28 AM
HOT TAKE ALERT. JMU goes 7-5 in 2019 and loses in the first round at home to Delaware. Book it!

BISON Thunder
12-18-2018, 12:32 AM
What I'm guessing is coming from such a pud program as Elon, he had to try to alpha the place a little bit so he went over the top. Probably could have used some different language so his ass wasn't hanging out there so much but, whatever.
Money talks BS walks.

EC8CH
12-18-2018, 12:33 AM
If only streamers shot out when he said that.

Honeybooboo
12-18-2018, 01:12 AM
Who cares what JMU and their fans think....

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 01:33 AM
Someone should let him know that Alabama is the NDSU of the FBS.

That’ll give him a brain-cramp.

Everyone bitches about McFeely but, had he been at the presser he would have likely asked “What about NDSU?”

And I would think many people in the room were thinking that ...

wagsabison
12-18-2018, 02:13 AM
That’s awesome. The arrogance is unbelievable.

thebootfitter
12-18-2018, 07:30 AM
Since their drug amped game to beat NDSU, its been down hill ... just saying.This keeps getting repeated, but I am pretty certain that the players doping were NOT playing against the Bison. Worth verifying before you spread the information.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

B. b. bison
12-18-2018, 07:40 AM
Ah, yes, Alabama. The program famous for sitting on their asses watching the postseason from their couches.

bisonboone11
12-18-2018, 12:05 PM
This keeps getting repeated, but I am pretty certain that the players doping were NOT playing against the Bison. Worth verifying before you spread the information.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalkhttp://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18319293/seven-players-suspended-james-madison-dukes
According to this, 2 of the 7 were confirmed to not have played against NDSU. Doesn't mention who the other 5 are though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MrSnuffleupagus
12-18-2018, 01:33 PM
This thread confuses me. Who's JMU?

BISON Thunder
12-18-2018, 01:41 PM
This thread confuses me. Who's JMU?
The more recent version of Towson.

MankatoBison
12-18-2018, 02:21 PM
Imagine the level of East Coast Bias you need to have to forget about every football season in program history through 2003, and then the seasons of 2005-2015, and then 2017-18. Holy Sh*t bruh

IzzyFlexion
12-18-2018, 03:13 PM
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18319293/seven-players-suspended-james-madison-dukes
According to this, 2 of the 7 were confirmed to not have played against NDSU. Doesn't mention who the other 5 are though.

Remembering back to when this information came to the surface, an important point was raised by at least one poster on here...…………

How many total players were tested? Was it a random sample or was it the entire squad?

Rock
12-18-2018, 03:16 PM
Would anyone consider them the Alabama of the rest of the FCS?

I could give some grace if the thought behind is- well yeah besides NDSU, that goes without saying.

They are kinda auburn with cam newton though.

Mr Pep Band
12-18-2018, 03:19 PM
Favorite part was listening and reading all of the East-Coast elitism and snobbery ever since JMU beat us in 2016, and then watching it all vanish and float away into thin air on a crisp early-January afternoon in a suburb of Dallas.

And then after it all vanished, watching them trying to reconstitute back into anything meaningful. Like trying to catch air with a fishing net.

:cheers:

TAILG8R
12-18-2018, 03:46 PM
The best part about this is he used a phrase that others outside of NDSU have been using to describe NDSU over the past number of years. Contrast that with Matt Entz's intro press conference.

1) NDSU does not stand up in front of the media or any one else and say "We are the Alabama of the FCS". Others do that for them
2) NDSU doesn't want to be the Alabama of the FCS because NDSU is NDSU
3) You stole pretty well known talking point/descriptor from the most visible program in your division and tried to use it as your own. LOLOLOL

cbline
12-18-2018, 03:47 PM
Favorite part was listening and reading all of the East-Coast elitism and snobbery ever since JMU beat us in 2016, and then watching it all vanish and float away into thin air on a crisp early-January afternoon in a suburb of Dallas.

And then after it all vanished, watching them trying to reconstitute back into anything meaningful. Like trying to catch air with a fishing net.

:cheers:

To make a paraphrase of Warden Norton from "The Shawshank Redemption:" Lord, it's a miracle! JMU's dynasty up and vanished like a fart in the wind!

heckler
12-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Where is The Official Shit on JMU No Matter How They Do Thread ??

Vet70
12-18-2018, 08:50 PM

Right here.

CAS4127
12-18-2018, 08:58 PM
Here’s a more detailed article about other things that were talked about after the JMU presser—> https://twitter.com/kevin_schnepf/status/1075142527060193281

TAILG8R
12-18-2018, 09:47 PM
Here’s a more detailed article about other things that were talked about after the JMU presser—> https://twitter.com/kevin_schnepf/status/1075142527060193281

"JMU and North Dakota State are the only two schools to hoist the FCS championship trophy in the last seven years."

There it is again!!!!! I love that people keep using some form of this. It's so sad really.

BISON Thunder
12-18-2018, 09:58 PM
"JMU and North Dakota State are the only two schools to hoist the FCS championship trophy in the last seven years."

There it is again!!!!! I love that people keep using some form of this. It's so sad really.

Fully expect to see in the next couple weeks, “Eastern Washington, along with JMU and North Dakota State are the only three schools to hoist the FCS championship trophy in the last eight years”.

Vet70
12-18-2018, 10:31 PM

Not according to Nodak78 on SS: "Jacksonville won two years ago."

DakotaOkie
12-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Fully expect to see in the next couple weeks, “Eastern Washington, along with JMU and North Dakota State are the only three schools to hoist the FCS championship trophy in the last eight years”.

Seriously, Clark??

GreenfieldBison
12-18-2018, 11:13 PM

Think you mean nine years eh?

Da Bison
12-18-2018, 11:14 PM

There it is again!!!!! I love that people keep using some form of this. It's so sad really.That's similar to the Aaron brothers Hank and Tommie.
They lead the major leagues in career home runs by siblings with 768 dingers

Hank 755
Tommie 13

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
12-18-2018, 11:26 PM

We don't have one, JMU has never done anything. No shit.

WFBisonFan
12-19-2018, 12:21 AM
JMU AD: "This is the best FCS job in the country".......ummm, yeah, ok.