PDA

View Full Version : ESPN3...... forgive me

tojo70
11-24-2018, 06:45 PM
I know that ESPN3 debate has been hashed out about here many times but I have a question. Can I subscribe to ESPN3 or do I need to be with a cable satellite subscriber that has ESPN3?

scottietohottie
11-24-2018, 06:51 PM
Took me twenty minutes but finally have 2 games going on 2 devices.

TAILG8R
11-24-2018, 06:52 PM
I know that ESPN3 debate has been hashed out about here many times but I have a question. Can I subscribe to ESPN3 or do I need to be with a cable satellite subscriber that has ESPN3?

Have to have ESPN3 included in cable/dish/internet service. Can't be purchased as a standalone package.

kristind
11-24-2018, 07:17 PM
You could do a free trial or month long subscription to a service like SlingTV. It was $20 a month, no contract, last year I believe. But again you should have a free trial option as well.

tojo70
11-24-2018, 07:39 PM
You could do a free trial or month long subscription to a service like SlingTV. It was $20 a month, no contract, last year I believe. But again you should have a free trial option as well.
Thanks.
10char

Bison 4 Life
11-24-2018, 07:40 PM
It's literally a part of nearly every cable or internet service. If you have internet, it's probably included.

Hammersmith
11-24-2018, 07:41 PM
Took me twenty minutes but finally have 2 games going on 2 devices.

7 games, 2 devices

ndsubison1
11-24-2018, 07:41 PM
All games are on PS Vue. Its awesome.

tojo70
11-24-2018, 07:55 PM
It's literally a part of nearly every cable or internet service. If you have internet, it's probably included.
Not POS Reservation Telephone out West

TNbison
11-24-2018, 07:57 PM

Ain't pretty but it works

oldmantutters
11-24-2018, 08:05 PM

Ain't pretty but it worksDude, lower your TV. That is way too high.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Buffalo.Rider
11-24-2018, 11:03 PM
I think I heard that some cable providers in the Fargo area provide ESPN3 as part of the Internet service.
If it is through the Internet, then watches the game on the computer monitor (not a television).

TAILG8R
11-24-2018, 11:07 PM
You can also watch on Apple TV and roku etc if you get it through your internet provider.
I think I heard that some cable providers in the Fargo area provide ESPN3 as part of the Internet service.
If it is through the Internet, then watches the game on the computer monitor (not a television).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
11-25-2018, 12:08 AM
If it is through the Internet, then watches the game on the computer monitor (not a television).I believe it is all ISPs in Fargo. It's very common.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tony Almeida
11-25-2018, 12:16 AM

I believe it is all ISPs in Fargo. It's very common.I know MidCo allows ESPN3 just for having internet and no cable.

Hammersmith
11-25-2018, 03:02 AM
I know MidCo allows ESPN3 just for having internet and no cable.

ESPN3 is linked to your internet, not your cable TV. If you have Midco internet but no TV, you get ESPN3. If you have Midco TV but no internet, you don't(at least not from Midco).

Tony Almeida
11-26-2018, 01:09 AM
ESPN3 is linked to your internet, not your cable TV. If you have Midco internet but no TV, you get ESPN3. If you have Midco TV but no internet, you don't(at least not from Midco).Interesting, I always thought it would be the other way around since the ESPN channels are paid for through a cable TV subscription, and it always asks to select your cable provider not your internet provider when logging in with your device...so I just assumed.

Hammersmith
11-26-2018, 02:23 AM
Interesting, I always thought it would be the other way around since the ESPN channels are paid for through a cable TV subscription, and it always asks to select your cable provider not your internet provider when logging in with your device...so I just assumed.

Looks like my info was a bit out of date. ESPN3 started as being linked only to your internet, but was eventually linked to cable or satellite TV in some cases(Direct TV gets you ESPN3). Still, primarily ISP based. (I get it though I don't have cable TV.)

Christopher Moen
11-26-2018, 03:31 AM
Looks like my info was a bit out of date. ESPN3 started as being linked only to your internet, but was eventually linked to cable or satellite TV in some cases(Direct TV gets you ESPN3). Still, primarily ISP based. (I get it though I don't have cable TV.)

DirecTV Now is having issues with allowing viewers to watch FCS Playoffs games. Apparently, they’re “working” on it. I had to unlink my DirecTV Now to my ESPN app in order to watch the games (ESPN automatically recognized my internet connection to allow access).

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

56BISON73
11-26-2018, 04:45 AM
DirecTV Now is having issues with allowing viewers to watch FCS Playoffs games. Apparently, they’re “working” on it. I had to unlink my DirecTV Now to my ESPN app in order to watch the games (ESPN automatically recognized my internet connection to allow access).

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

I have Directv and when I first subscribed to ESPN+ I got ESPN 3 and all the other ESPNs thru my ROKU if that was the mode I was in. Now if I try to access the ESPN thru Roku is says Play back error---channel not part of your tv package. Which is BS because I have sports pack. But I can access all of the ESPNs except 3 by going to Directv.

Christopher Moen
11-26-2018, 05:17 AM
I have Directv and when I first subscribed to ESPN+ I got ESPN 3 and all the other ESPNs thru my ROKU if that was the mode I was in. Now if I try to access the ESPN thru Roku is says Play back error---channel not part of your tv package. Which is BS because I have sports pack. But I can access all of the ESPNs except 3 by going to Directv.

Contact them and they’ll discount your bill a bit.

I’m not sure why everything but ESPN3 works, but they admit they’re the issue and trying to fix it.

MNLonghorn10
11-26-2018, 11:45 AM

Ain't pretty but it works

How do you even see anything if youre on the couch?

why are your cords showing?

Is your sound bar bigger than the TV?

Id stick to the 8 inch mini laptop screen

SoCalBison
12-01-2018, 03:22 PM
My cable guide shows Montana State vs NDSU on ESPN College Game Plan Extra, so it should be on Dish as well.

56BISON73
12-03-2018, 06:54 PM

Talked to Directv today and they said to call Roku. Called them. They had me uninstall ESPN and reinstall it. Then activate it and boom. It works.

3Putt
12-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Talked to Directv today and they said to call Roku. Called them. They had me uninstall ESPN and reinstall it. Then activate it and boom. It works.

I had this same problem on my xbox after signing up for ESPN+ and canceling it. I went to the app's settings menu and changed my TV provider, which was essentially logging out of Midco and logging back in. Everything worked after that.