PDA

View Full Version : Misery State Post Game Thoughts

Kevin
11-10-2018, 10:05 PM
1) Easton Stick, still the best QB in the FCS. He deserves some Payton hype.
2) Great running by Cofield and Wilson today. There was one run where Wilson and some linemen push the pile a solid 7-8 yards. That's the right attitude.
3) Nice to see we still have TE's! They were a huge part of that fast start that we've been missing.
4) I hope Freeman is ok. Anyone have an update? Another solid game from Shep minus the fumbles.
5) Awesome punting again today. That'll be huge when/if the competition increases.
6) UNI played themselves out of a playoff spot today. It'll be interesting to see who ends up on our end of the bracket.
7) Outright Valley champs and it doesn't even feel like that big of a deal. We're definitely spoiled.

WeAreThePride
11-10-2018, 10:10 PM
10-0 baby! If Easton doesn’t win the WP, then the whole thing is rigged.

MNLonghorn10
11-10-2018, 10:17 PM

he wont. he doesnt have 35 td's vs pud states so.

tjbison
11-10-2018, 10:34 PM

Has no chance, it's about stats not overall skill

Vet70
11-10-2018, 10:40 PM
For those worried about the O-line and the running game, it turned out just fine: 245 yards on 42 carries, 5.83 average. Cofield and Wilson combined for 180 yards on 20 carries for a pretty good 9 yards per. Stick won't win the Payton, but he just might have another ring in his future.

Bisonator98
11-10-2018, 11:13 PM
Bison are a great team.

Bears are a bad team.

That is all.

NDSUstudent
11-10-2018, 11:55 PM
I could see Stick winning it, there really isn't anyone else out there. Usually the guady numbers guys are on "great" teams.

GreenfieldBison
11-11-2018, 12:02 AM
Bison are a great team.

Bears are a bad team.

That is all.

I know little about the Bears other than what I have heard this year on the Insiders and what I witnessed today.

After ten games though it is evident to me that the 2018 Bison are indeed who we thought (and hoped) they were at season inception.

Sadly they are never going to have the signature FBS triumph to punctuate their accomplishments but dare I say I think they might actually rival the rightly hallowed 2013 crew.

I am hopeful that our seniors have a spectacular day next Saturday and cap off their final regular season with another victory.

Damn they grow up quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KilldeerBison
11-11-2018, 12:28 AM
Coach Messingham, hitting his stride.

BisonNeil
11-11-2018, 12:32 AM
1) Easton Stick, still the best QB in the FCS. He deserves some Payton hype.
2) Great running by Cofield and Wilson today. There was one run where Wilson and some linemen push the pile a solid 7-8 yards. That's the right attitude.
3) Nice to see we still have TE's! They were a huge part of that fast start that we've been missing.
4) I hope Freeman is ok. Anyone have an update? Another solid game from Shep minus the fumbles.
5) Awesome punting again today. That'll be huge when/if the competition increases.
6) UNI played themselves out of a playoff spot today. It'll be interesting to see who ends up on our end of the bracket.
7) Outright Valley champs and it doesn't even feel like that big of a deal. We're definitely spoiled.

Jeremy Jorgenson the FCS world expert says UNI still in it.

MNLonghorn10
11-11-2018, 01:28 AM
I could see Stick winning it, there really isn't anyone else out there. Usually the guady numbers guys are on "great" teams.

i agree. thankfully SHS sucks or else their QB would win.

NDSU1980
11-11-2018, 01:53 AM
Jeremy Jorgenson the FCS world expert says UNI still in it.

Heck over on the SS someone posted a thing from Dom "the UND lap dog" Izzo saying UN_ could still make the playoffs with a win next week. What a joke.

EC8CH
11-11-2018, 01:56 AM
i agree. thankfully SHS sucks or else their QB would win.

Isn't the Samford QB this year's stat king?

Bison03
11-11-2018, 02:06 AM
Is there a way to watch a replay of this game? Dont see it on the watchespn replay list. Can you watch replays with espn+?

DakotaOkie
11-11-2018, 02:13 AM
Is there a way to watch a replay of this game? Dont see it on the watchespn replay list. Can you watch replays with espn+?
It's there. Try this link on computer.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?categoryId=0f8e3d42-fa27-3f60-9e8d-276e4892f50e&type=replay

Bison 4 Life
11-11-2018, 02:22 AM
It's there. Try this link on computer.

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/?categoryId=0f8e3d42-fa27-3f60-9e8d-276e4892f50e&type=replay

Upon watching the replay one thing is clear

Kelly Stewart > Kelly Burke

NDSUstudent
11-11-2018, 02:53 AM
Isn't the Samford QB this year's stat king?

Stat king on a .500 team won't get him far.

bison_by_blood
11-11-2018, 07:39 AM
Coach Messingham, hitting his stride.

I’ll double down on that. Do you guys realize how crazy it is for a Bison OC to go through a whole season without a thread calling for him to be fired? Play calling other than that silly YSU game has been on point all year

Vet70
11-11-2018, 01:12 PM
I’ll double down on that. Do you guys realize how crazy it is for a Bison OC to go through a whole season without a thread calling for him to be fired? Play calling other than that silly YSU game has been on point all year

The season isn't over yet. :rofl:

gumby013
11-11-2018, 01:26 PM
The season isn't over yet. :rofl:

Run the middle screen, save season?

scottietohottie
11-11-2018, 01:31 PM
Stat king on a .500 team won't get him far.

What about A.J. Hines fun Duquesne?

MNLonghorn10
11-11-2018, 02:17 PM

lakes wanted him gone after the team when pear shaped in the second half after going up 28-0 in the first 5 minutes against Delaware

Elvis was a Bison
11-11-2018, 04:19 PM
lakes wanted him gone after the team when pear shaped in the second half after going up 28-0 in the first 5 minutes against Delaware

Ho hum. Think anyone expects more than that from Lakes?

JMB
11-11-2018, 04:48 PM

Hold my beer.

CaBisonFan
11-11-2018, 04:54 PM
Cofield and Wilson...not bad.

17>1
11-11-2018, 06:09 PM
They asked James Hendricks during the post game interview why the Bison are so successful on the road. He said "we have a great mindset, and there's no better feeling than getting off the bus at another teams stadium and knowing you're going to beat them". And some people wonder why Bison fans sound confident, or "over confident" as some on here suggest. When you know our program is at this level, it's pretty easy to have the same mindset as a fan.

wagsabison
11-11-2018, 06:55 PM
Fun to see Seth get some carries. Guy can do it all. Going to enjoy watching him the next 3 years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BisonCardinal
11-11-2018, 07:03 PM
Would have liked to have seen Hotchkiss be allowed to do more than just turn around and hand off. Some roll outs and some QB runs maybe. Could do those without be perceived as running up the score.

stevdock
11-11-2018, 07:16 PM
Would have liked to have seen Hotchkiss be allowed to do more than just turn around and hand off. Some roll outs and some QB runs maybe. Could do those without be perceived as running up the score.

He did have at least one pass play called while he was in. Rush started coming and his eyes came down. No idea if anyone was open but after the heat started, it was automatic run.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-11-2018, 08:58 PM
From the highlights I saw, Stick has never looked better. He is damned fine QB for us.

Play calling is spot on.

I don't know if any team will ever measure up to the 2013 team.

See sig line.

roadwarrior
11-12-2018, 12:31 AM
Just read that the official attendance at the game was 5,224. OK

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2018, 12:33 AM

There were a lot of military folks there.

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2018, 01:20 AM

They count workers and people walking by the stadium

17>1
11-12-2018, 01:42 AM
No mention of injuries from this game, during the post game interviews or Coach K football show. Anyone else notice Wilson leave the field with a possible hammy? They talked about him during the show coming back from a hammy injury this season, hope it's not the same one.

GreenfieldBison
11-12-2018, 02:14 AM
No mention of injuries from this game, during the post game interviews or Coach K football show. Anyone else notice Wilson leave the field with a possible hammy? They talked about him during the show coming back from a hammy injury this season, hope it's not the same one.

What about Shep? He was looking a little gimpy midway through the game.

BisonNation11
11-12-2018, 02:20 AM
No mention of injuries from this game, during the post game interviews or Coach K football show. Anyone else notice Wilson leave the field with a possible hammy? They talked about him during the show coming back from a hammy injury this season, hope it's not the same one.Thought he came back in after that. Freeman is the one I'd be worried about. Was in street clothes after the half.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

17>1
11-12-2018, 03:14 AM
Thought he came back in after that. Freeman is the one I'd be worried about. Was in street clothes after the half.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I only remember Cofield & Clark after I saw him leave. Think it was 4th quarter.

Herd
11-12-2018, 12:29 PM
The “McNorton” screen will surface come playoff time.

KNOW IT ALL
11-12-2018, 03:51 PM
Really like what I seen from the Bison Highlights on TV. A long TD throw to a WR other than Shep and lots and lots of tight end action down the seams. I cant imagine how good this team can be if they continue to work the TE's down and over the middle more. I hope that play calling is a constant for weeks to come:) .

CAS4127
11-12-2018, 03:58 PM
I only remember Cofield & Clark after I saw him leave. Think it was 4th quarter.

You are correct. Wilson our with what looked like high hamstring injury and did not return.

How about Bruce A? He was in for a series or two, then gone???

KC Bison
11-12-2018, 04:06 PM
It was a cold day but as usual, 3/4's of the Mo St fans left after the band played their halftime show. They are a basketball and music school.

StL Bison Fan
11-12-2018, 05:37 PM
You are correct. Wilson our with what looked like high hamstring injury and did not return.

How about Bruce A? He was in for a series or two, then gone???

Was told Bruce is just 90-95%.
They worked on Daris’ ribs a bit on the sideline but he went back in
Didnt see the others

89MTBISON
11-12-2018, 05:41 PM
CK said Wilson's injury was a hip, looked like Seth was stretching his hip following that play where he carried 4 or 15 Mo. State players for 5 extra yards.

Professor Chaos
11-12-2018, 05:56 PM
CK said Wilson's injury was a hip, looked like Seth was stretching his hip following that play where he carried 4 or 15 Mo. State players for 5 extra yards.
Klieman also mentioned on the coach's show yesterday also that they're going to talk with him and look at trying to preserve his redshirt this year. Since they've got, at most, 5 games left and he's got 3 games to burn you'd think they'd be fine with holding him out against SIU to prepare for a probable deep playoff run and still have him around in 2021. With a minor injury and a bye week upcoming it would seem pretty reasonable to hold him out.

Honeybooboo
11-12-2018, 06:01 PM
It was a cold day but as usual, 3/4's of the Mo St fans left after the band played their halftime show. They are a basketball and music school.

If NDSU was as bad at Football as they are, we would be in the same boat, maybe not as extreme, but tickets would be very easy to get

17>1
11-12-2018, 07:45 PM

Interesting. I saw him tap his right hamstring when he got to the sidelines. Either way, appears he probably won't play against SIU (just speculation, haven't seen the presser yet). Get him healthy for the post season stretch and keep that 4 game shirt on him.

bruinbison
11-12-2018, 07:58 PM

In their discussion last night on Bison Media Zone,
Kolpack said “Wilson won’t play Saturday, that much we do know”.

He did not specify if that was due to injury, or in keeping with Wilson’s redshirt strategy for the season.

Dom’s Depth chart post shows Jalen Allison as being back.

Mr Meaty
11-12-2018, 08:36 PM
In their discussion last night on Bison Media Zone,
Kolpack said “Wilson won’t play Saturday, that much we do know”.

He did not specify if that was due to injury, or in keeping with Wilson’s redshirt strategy for the season.

Dom’s Depth chart post shows Jalen Allison as being back.

Today press conference coach said they will keep Wilson’s redshirt for this year.

Mr Meaty
11-12-2018, 08:36 PM
Interesting. I saw him tap his right hamstring when he got to the sidelines. Either way, appears he probably won't play against SIU (just speculation, haven't seen the presser yet). Get him healthy for the post season stretch and keep that 4 game shirt on him.

I saw him do the same thing and was hoping it was nothing.

DCinOK
11-12-2018, 09:24 PM

Their band really was pretty good, and it was cold...even for a Bison fan. I'd have left too if I was them. The stadium had nicely heated rest rooms which is where I spent halftime.

GreenfieldBison
11-12-2018, 09:37 PM
Their band really was pretty good, and it was cold...even for a Bison fan. I'd have left too if I was them. The stadium had nicely heated rest rooms which is where I spent halftime.

And w h a t d i d y o u d o i n t h e r e... no, I take that back. I don’t want to know.

DCinOK
11-13-2018, 12:30 AM
And w h a t d i d y o u d o i n t h e r e... no, I take that back. I don’t want to know.

What I DIDNT do was make eye contact with anyone. Started at the wall and whistled the fight song.