PDA

View Full Version : TV Coverage This Weekend ?

wiscobison
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
I know this has been covered before, but I was just checking the coverage for WDAZ in Grand Forks from the TV Guide website and they show that the SUs will be on this weekend in GF. Anybody have some info?

IowaBison
09-21-2005, 07:09 PM
I contacted the SID at NDSU to notify him of this last week after NDSU's press release omitted WDAZ.

He never got back to me verifying this (as it was news to him), but I'm assuming that it will be aired by the station.

wiscobison
09-21-2005, 07:40 PM
thanks

Tatanka
09-22-2005, 01:31 AM
Saw the WDAZ news last night and PatS weeney announced that the game would in fact be on WDAZ this weekend. (Of course, the announcement was made all in one breath and took about 15 seconds, after spending well over two minutes in a feeble attempt to hype the und-augustana game, but what do you expect from PatS weeney?)

Da_Bizon
09-22-2005, 05:30 AM
I checked the listings on my satellite dish and it is listed as being shown on WDAZ.

RedRiver
09-22-2005, 02:23 PM
Statewide coverage in ND on all of the ABC stations and also statewide coverage in Montana on their Bobcat network.

IowaBison
09-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Statewide coverage in ND on all of the ABC stations and also statewide coverage in Montana on their Bobcat network.

Not quite true. Last time I check 6,000 sorry folks in the Glendive DMA will be missing the game.

teamsioux
09-22-2005, 02:42 PM
Saw the WDAZ news last night and PatS weeney announced that the game would in fact be on WDAZ this weekend. *(Of course, the announcement was made all in one breath and took about 15 seconds, after spending well over two minutes in a feeble attempt to hype the und-augustana game, but what do you expect from PatS weeney?)

Of course being a GF station, I can't imagine them spending more time on the local team that has very high interest right now....that is outright crazy! ;)

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Not quite true. *Last time I check 6,000 sorry folks in the Glendive DMA will be missing the game.

That is too bad. With Glendive's proximity to the ND/MT border I am sure there is a lot of interest in Dawson County.

IowaBison
09-22-2005, 03:00 PM
Of course being a GF station, I can't imagine them spending more time on the local team that has very high interest right now....that is outright crazy! ;)

that's debateable.

TheBisonator
09-22-2005, 06:04 PM
UND-Augie wil be about as interesting as watching paint dry. I bet that only the hardest of the hardcore Sue football fans (all 2 dozen of them) will be pumped up for this game. I agree completely with another poster in the Bobcat game thread who said that getting hyped up for a game like ours versus MSU is a heck of a lot better than getting pumped up for Augustana, Morningside or UNO.

TheBisonator
09-22-2005, 06:06 PM
That is too bad. With Glendive's proximity to the ND/MT border I am sure there is a lot of interest in Dawson County.

Hey WYO, I know that Glendive has its own market area, so am I to assume it has its own TV station(s), or do they get theirs from Dickinson and/or Billings? If they got their own station, I don't see why they can't show the game, because it would be part of the broadcasting network in Montana.

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2005, 06:22 PM
Hey WYO, I know that Glendive has its own market area, so am I to assume it has its own TV station(s), or do they get theirs from Dickinson and/or Billings? If they got their own station, I don't see why they can't show the game, because it would be part of the broadcasting network in Montana.

I know that they have at least one TV station in Glendive. I also know the NBC and CBS coverage is out of Williston on transponders (KUMV for NBC and KXMD for CBS).

JBB
09-22-2005, 06:35 PM
If there was a big game in gf it would be on TV. *The big game is in Bozeman with NDSU and thats what they will see up there. *This is the beauty of Division I. We can have the entire state unite behind us all the time. *We can have a large, supportive audiance in gf as well as the rest of the state on the BISON Sports Network. *Thats why we need to stay away from any in-state rivals.

Hey I wish we were playing Augi too ::) but we scheduled Montana State and a TV tiime slot throughout ND and MT instead! * 8)

IL_Bison
09-22-2005, 07:56 PM
I know that they have at least one TV station in Glendive. I also know the NBC and CBS coverage is out of Williston on transponders (KUMV for NBC and KXMD for CBS).

Sorry, this is off topic, but the KUMV reference made me think of the infamous Jon Cole, sportscaster for KUMV. He was awesome, is he still around?

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Sorry, this is off topic, but the KUMV reference made me think of the infamous Jon Cole, sportscaster for KUMV. *He was awesome, is he still around?

Yes, John Cole is still the sportcaster in Williston. He is still doing a fantastic job too!

Chipps
09-23-2005, 11:34 PM
If you can't view the game from your home town, according to kchats in the DI-AA section, he contacted bisonzone.com and they are broadcasting a video/audio feed for the game, go sign up there for this game, its gonna be a great game, GO BISON!

kchats
09-24-2005, 12:21 AM
Yep. I E-mailed them to ask when the link would be available this is what the reply was.

kchats: When will the link be up
> on the Bison Zone webpage for viewing the NDSU vs. Montana State game?
>

kchats,

The game starts at 2pm central time, so the link should be up and available
for viewing shortly before that.

Sincerely,

BisonZone Support
support@bisonzone.com
www.bisonzone.com

Chipps
09-24-2005, 12:42 AM
Awesome!

I just went to sign up for the game this weekend, and they already have the link on there! Thats awesome, gonna be the first game this season that i get to watch! Thanks BisonZone and thanks kchats for informing us with their emails and confirming it even more!!!!

sambini
09-24-2005, 01:45 AM
Whos doing the play by play on tv? I suppose Hallstrom and the color ?

kchats
09-24-2005, 01:49 AM
I read somewhere that it is the Montana State guys doing the play by play and Steve Hallstrom will be one of two color guys. I may have to watch the video and listen to the radio broadcast with Scott Miller and Phil Hansen.

sambini
09-24-2005, 01:53 AM
I think thats what we will do also my o my.

Tatanka
09-24-2005, 03:51 PM
I read somewhere that it is the Montana State guys doing the play by play and Steve Hallstrom will be one of two color guys. *I may have to watch the video and listen to the radio broadcast with Scott Miller and Phil Hansen.
Definitely ++. Although I'll likely switch to the TV in the second half to see how the MSU announcers handle defeat. ;D 8)

sambini
09-25-2005, 01:21 AM
TV coverage was good. And the annoucers were ok.