PDA

View Full Version : Potential Playoff Matchups

NEBison
11-06-2018, 10:34 PM
With the regular season winding down it looks like we might get some new faces coming to the dome these playoffs. Who are you guys hoping to see or avoid? I'd like to see UC Davis to see how Maier would play against the Bison defense.

tjbison
11-06-2018, 10:36 PM
With the regular season winding down it looks like we might get some new faces coming to the dome these playoffs. Who are you guys hoping to see or avoid? I'd like to see UC Davis to see how Maier would play against the Bison defense.

Kennesaw St
UC-Davis
Maine
Towson
JSU

Pretty much anyone but

JMU
SDSU
UNI
WIU
Ect..tired of the same teams

PlrbrBison
11-07-2018, 12:06 AM
Kennesaw St
UC-Davis
Maine
Towson
JSU

Pretty much anyone but

JMU
SDSU
UNI
WIU
Ect..tired of the same teams

I mostly agree with this, but would like to give JMU a pounding in the dome.

I'd rather see SDSU in Frisco. I think tbat would be the best game.

NDSU1980
11-07-2018, 12:33 AM
I seem to recall geaux sioux/bigund posting something earlier about a playoff matchup with UN_. He sure doesn't talk about that any more since they've been basically eliminated from playoff possibilities.

PlrbrBison
11-07-2018, 01:48 AM
I seem to recall geaux sioux/bigund posting something earlier about a playoff matchup with UN_. He sure doesn't talk about that any more since they've been basically eliminated from playoff possibilities.

Yes. It's likely over for them. That's another team that I could almost pull for just to get them in the playoffs and then pound them in the dome. But its probably best they just remain irrelevant and go away.

westnodak93bison
11-07-2018, 02:49 AM
I seem to recall geaux sioux/bigund posting something earlier about a playoff matchup with UN_. He sure doesn't talk about that any more since they've been basically eliminated from playoff possibilities.They did lose to that fbs powerhouse Idaho. But did they go toe to toe?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

SomeBeach
11-07-2018, 02:53 AM
They did lose to that fbs powerhouse Idaho. But did they go toe to toe?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They played a whale of a game.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-07-2018, 03:10 AM

Would like to see UN_, just to show them what a real championship team looks like.

tjbison
11-07-2018, 12:53 PM
Would like to see UN_, just to show them what a real championship team looks like.

We get to do that next year and every year after that without them being in the playoffs

cbline
11-07-2018, 01:40 PM
We get to do that next year and every year after that without them being in the playoffs

IF IF IF (don't want to jinx it) the Bison win it all this year, they get to raise the banner at the 2019 home opener with the F'n Hawks. Sweet.

oldmantutters
11-07-2018, 01:45 PM
IF IF IF (don't want to jinx it) the Bison win it all this year, they get to raise the banner at the 2019 home opener with the F'n Hawks. Sweet.

That'll be convenient, when the NCAA ships it to the wrong school again they can just bring it down in the helmet car.

NDSUKurt
11-07-2018, 01:57 PM
I want to play North Carolina A&T.

This way, when NDSU destroys the Aggies, all talk about how they (and all of the HBCU's) are just as good as the rest of FCS can be ended.

There was no reason for A&T to get first place votes early in the year, but they did anyways.

A&T can be proud of their "black national championship" and go home after seeing what a true national champion looks like.

Rixen
11-07-2018, 02:03 PM

***If your erection lasts more than four hours. Please seek medical attention.***

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2018, 02:05 PM

This way, when NDSU destroys the Aggies, all talk about how they (and all of the HBCU's) are just as good as the rest of FCS can be ended.

There was no reason that A&T was getting first place votes early in the year.

A&T can be proud of their "black national championship" and go home after seeing what a true national champion looks like.

That's why they'll never play. They love the money and delusion.

BisonNation11
11-07-2018, 03:41 PM

There was no reason that A&T was getting first place votes early in the year.

This is the one team I want to see in the dome. Bring it. Please make this happen.

NDSUstudent
11-07-2018, 03:49 PM
A&T won't survive Thanksgiving weekend.

tony
11-07-2018, 03:52 PM
A&T won't survive Thanksgiving weekend.

Well, if San Diego can....

JMB
11-07-2018, 04:27 PM
That's why they'll never play. They love the money and delusion.

I think there have been MEAC teams in the playoffs before, the teams that aren't celebration bowl eligible have received at large bids before.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2018, 04:33 PM
I think there have been MEAC teams in the playoffs before, the teams that aren't celebration bowl eligible have received at large bids before.

Shows what I know. I figured they were the top team in the MEAC and it wasn't even close.

Go FAMU, I guess.

NDSUKurt
11-07-2018, 04:43 PM
Shows what I know. I figured they were the top team in the MEAC and it wasn't even close.

Go FAMU, I guess.

Yes, go FAMU. If FAMU wins out, they win the MEAC and go to the Celebration Bowl, and North Carolina A&T will get an at large spot. I truly think that A&T (or their opponent that they are matched up with) would be funneled to play in Fargo in order to get interest from the HBCU fanatics that cling to their dreams of proving how great they are.

NEBison
11-07-2018, 04:48 PM
Yes, go FAMU. If FAMU wins out, they win the MEAC and go to the Celebration Bowl, and North Carolina A&T will get an at large spot. I truly think that A&T (or their opponent that they are matched up with) would be funneled to play in Fargo in order to get interest from the HBCU fanatics that cling to their dreams of proving how great they are.

I hope you are right. I'd love to see that beatdown.

23Bison
11-07-2018, 05:58 PM
Would be an entertaining game!

17>1
11-07-2018, 07:55 PM

Would be cool to see if their fans traveled well for that game, and maybe they could bring the band with too. I don't even know if they have a band, but I think it would be cool to see something like that in the FFD. Something different for a change.

TAILG8R
11-07-2018, 09:49 PM
Buy would they be anywhere close to as good as JSU's band? Because their band wins games for them.
Would be cool to see if their fans traveled well for that game, and maybe they could bring the band with too. I don't even know if they have a band, but I think it would be cool to see something like that in the FFD. Something different for a change.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

89MTBISON
11-08-2018, 01:25 AM
Buy would they be anywhere close to as good as JSU's band? Because their band wins games for them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
JSU's band is undefeated....JSU's football team, not so much.

EC8CH
11-08-2018, 02:33 AM
JSU's band is undefeated....JSU's football team, not so much.

They rely too heavily on their trombones. Their saxaphone game can be exploited.

BisBison
11-08-2018, 03:05 AM
They rely too heavily on their trombones. Their saxaphone game can be exploited.
Now that is funny stuff. :rimshot:

Hammerhead
11-09-2018, 02:39 PM

But their tromboners are really big.

tjamz
11-10-2018, 05:35 PM
But their tromboners are really big.But they lack sax appeal

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk