PDA

View Full Version : Bracketology 3.0

NDSUstudent
11-04-2018, 10:02 PM
New bracket, lots of shuffling after the mayhem on Saturday...

Autobids:
Big Sky: UC Davis
Big South: KSU
CAA: Delaware
MVFC: NDSU
NEC: Sacred Heart
OVC: SEMO
PL: Colgate
PFL: San Diego
SoCon: ETSU
SLC: McNeese State

The Field:
WIU at Maine vs 1.NDSU
Sacred Heart at SBU vs 8. Colgate

Nicholls at JSU vs 4. KSU
Idaho State at EWU vs 5. Weber State

SEMO at UNI vs 3. SDSU
Wofford at NC A&T vs 6. Delaware

USD at McNeese St vs 2. UC Davis
ETSU at JMU vs 7. Elon

At-Large: JMU, Weber State, EWU, SDSU, WIU, UNI, Maine, Wofford, JSU, Elon, SBU, Idaho State, NC A&T and Nichols

Bubble: Samford, ISUB, ISUR, Towson, UCA, Furman, Chattanooga, Montana State, Montana

ndsubison1
11-05-2018, 02:00 AM
CAA could be a mess. Maine wins out and they take autobid if UD loses. Could have Elon, Maine, Delaware, JMU, SBU all at 8-3. How would they seed Maine since they avoided UD, JMU, and SBU on their schedule.

bisonaudit
11-05-2018, 02:28 AM
CAA could be a mess. Maine wins out and they take autobid if UD loses. Could have Elon, Maine, Delaware, JMU, SBU all at 8-3. How would they seed Maine since they avoided UD, JMU, and SBU on their schedule.

If Maine gets the autobid they should play the first weekend. Not saying that’s what the committee will do but it is what they should do.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 04:57 PM
JMU playing on Thanksgiving weekend might be my favorite thing about this season even in NDSU wins the natty.

They have been insufferable.

TAILG8R
11-05-2018, 05:38 PM
JMU playing on Thanksgiving weekend might be my favorite thing about this season even in NDSU wins the natty.

Well, they combined with NDSU have won the last SEVEN National Championships!!!! Dynasty!

StL Bison Fan
11-05-2018, 05:49 PM

Just so we get to watch it.

Professor Chaos
11-05-2018, 06:53 PM

They should be legitimately worried about just making the playoffs at this point. They've got Rhode Island (who beat Delaware at Delaware) and a ranked Towson team to close out the season. If they play offensively like they did against UNH they won't win either. Their QB situation is an absolute mess right now. Houston benched their starting QB Dinucci after he turned it over twice on their first two offense possession the second one being a pick 6. The backup they put was technically their 3rd string guy who's a true freshman. The next 5 offensive possessions they go FG, 3 and out, INT (pick 6), 3 and out, and INT. After the game Houston said he pulled Dinucci because "I had a gut feeling and my gut is usually right". It would be quite the fall from grace for them to go from being ranked #2 by the selection committee on 10/31 to out of the playoffs by 11/18.

tony
11-05-2018, 07:00 PM
They should be legitimately worried about just making the playoffs at this point. They've got Rhode Island (who beat Delaware at Delaware) and a ranked Towson team to close out the season. If they play offensively like they did against UNH they won't win either. Their QB situation is an absolute mess right now. Houston benched their starting QB Dinucci after he turned it over twice on their first two offense possession the second one being a pick 6. The backup they put was technically their 3rd string guy who's a true freshman. The next 5 offensive possessions they go FG, 3 and out, INT (pick 6), 3 and out, and INT. After the game Houston said he pulled Dinucci because "I had a gut feeling and my gut is usually right". It would be quite the fall from grace for them to go from being ranked #2 by the selection committee on 10/31 to out of the playoffs by 11/18.

Wow, my gut tells me not to trust people who rely on their gut feelings.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 08:03 PM

So wait. Mike Houston isn't a super genius?

oldmantutters
11-05-2018, 08:54 PM
So wait. Mike Houston isn't a super genius?

He leads the nation in pregame speeches.

GreenfieldBison
11-05-2018, 09:00 PM
He leads the nation in pregame speeches.

Is he still going to be moving on soon to bigger and better opportunities?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
11-05-2018, 09:01 PM

According to the JMU board they have nothing to worry about as far as him having any offers for the forseeable future.

Vet70
11-05-2018, 09:27 PM

According to the JMU board they have nothing to worry about as far as him having any offers for the forseeable future.

Just to be safe let's start a "Looking Ahead...Who's After Houston?" thread.

P.S.---posters on their board probably know as much/little as we do about Coach K.

GreenfieldBison
11-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Just to be safe let's start a "Looking Ahead...Who's After Houston?" thread.

P.S.---posters on their board probably know as much/little as we do about Coach K.

That’s good thinking. Best to be prepared.

bisonaudit
11-06-2018, 03:01 AM
Yeah. JMU is still clearly one of the 8 best teams in FCS. Not saying the committee will get that right but...

oldmantutters
11-06-2018, 05:00 AM
There's got to be a blend of how good a team can be mixed with their resume. If you consistently come out flat and put up a couple stinkers against good but not really good competition, how do you compare that to teams who take care of business against lesser competition?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bisonaudit
11-06-2018, 05:56 AM
There's got to be a blend of how good a team can be mixed with their resume. If you consistently come out flat and put up a couple stinkers against good but not really good competition, how do you compare that to teams who take care of business against lesser competition?

Statistically analyze a significant sample of college football games and derive a set of rules that help you predict the true talent of teams based on objective criteria? Just a guess.

oldmantutters
11-06-2018, 11:52 AM
Statistically analyze a significant sample of college football games and derive a set of rules that help you predict the true talent of teams based on objective criteria? Just a guess.Is that what the committee does/will do?

bisonaudit
11-06-2018, 12:32 PM
Is that what the committee does/will do?

Of course not.

Vet70
11-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Is that what the committee does/will do?

They will borrow TAB's Magic 8 Ball.

BlueBisonRock
11-06-2018, 09:29 PM
They will borrow TAB's Magic 8 Ball.

As long as they get the Bison tat from Rev. B0b.

TransAmBison
11-07-2018, 06:12 PM
They will borrow TAB's Magic 8 Ball.That thing is never wrong...except for when it is.

cbline
11-08-2018, 03:03 PM
Wow, my gut tells me not to trust people who rely on their gut feelings.

Also, what we learn from history is that people don't learn from history.

NDSU92
11-09-2018, 05:59 PM
Statistically analyze a significant sample of college football games and derive a set of rules that help you predict the true talent of teams based on objective criteria? Just a guess.

Whatever happened to the Gridiron Index? Lol we should just have Sagarin decide playoff seeds

Mr Pep Band
11-09-2018, 09:11 PM
Whatever happened to the Gridiron Index? Lol we should just have Sagarin decide playoff seeds

The Gridiron Power Index is as dead as the Bearkat's playoff chances vs. The Bison.

ndsubison1
11-10-2018, 01:51 AM
UCD vs EWU is huge. Winner should be 2 seed.

natstar1
11-11-2018, 12:25 AM
what do the Hawks have to do to make the tournament?

NDSUstudent
11-11-2018, 12:28 AM

They still need a lot of help. I guess for starters they need Montana to beat Montana State, they need ISUB to lose, they need Idaho State to lose tonight, Furman to lose and maybe some other stuff.

They have zero control over their own destiny, that is what happens when you don't beat anyone.

DakotaOkie
11-11-2018, 12:30 AM
Hope that 15-20 teams decline their bid to participate in the playoffs...

even at 7-4 they have no resume. They barely won again today (although win they did).

DIBISON
11-11-2018, 12:30 AM

Hope and pray. They have a very weak resume with no quality wins and they don't play Eastern Washington & Cal Davis.

bruinbison
11-11-2018, 12:54 AM

Dom Izzo
Dom Izzo
@DomIzzoWDAY
·
3h

With today’s developments; #UND wins next week and I believe they’re in the playoffs.

In just the MVFC Western Illinois, Northern Iowa & Illinois State all helped today......all with 5 losses now

NDSUstudent
11-11-2018, 01:33 AM
Idaho State is getting drilled, another playoff team biting the dust unless they beat Weber State which seems highly unlikely.

NDSUstudent
11-11-2018, 03:17 AM
Not sure I've ever seen so many things go right for UND, they still aren't in but they aren't far off.

NorthernBison
11-11-2018, 12:00 PM
Not sure I've ever seen so many things go right for UND, they still aren't in but they aren't far off.

People always overthink what committees might do.

Get to 7-4 and they are a bubble team. That’s 7-3 against FCS with the FBS loss not having any affect on the resume.

The number of expected selections from the East could work in their favor if the committee sees a need for “balance”.

KSBisonFan
11-11-2018, 01:07 PM
So Dom is projecting Incarnate Word to make the field if they win this weekend. Their schedule says they have a game scheduled with Iowa State on December 1st. Someone explain to me how that would work? Am I missing something regarding the Iowa State game?

Nel360
11-11-2018, 01:24 PM
So Dom is projecting Incarnate Word to make the field if they win this weekend. Their schedule says they have a game scheduled with Iowa State on December 1st. Someone explain to me how that would work? Am I missing something regarding the Iowa State game?They added this game when someone cancelled them. It's in the contract if either Iowa State makes the big 12 champ game or UIW makes the playoffs the game is cancelled.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

KSBisonFan
11-11-2018, 01:29 PM
They added this game when someone cancelled them. It's in the contract if either Iowa State makes the big 12 champ game or UIW makes the playoffs the game is cancelled.

Thanks. I figured there were stipulations. I hope IW makes the field just to mess things up. I'm wondering if they could play an opening round game, get beat and then play the money game at ISU.

Vet70
11-11-2018, 01:32 PM
They added this game when someone cancelled them. It's in the contract if either Iowa State makes the big 12 champ game or UIW makes the playoffs the game is cancelled.

Actually after the SDSU/ISU game got called due to weather IWU canceled their North Alabama game to pick up extra bucks.

NDSU1980
11-11-2018, 02:31 PM

Even if they somehow make the playoffs, UN_ will still get their asses handed to them in that game no matter who they play.

ndsubison1
11-11-2018, 04:23 PM
Put in a 6-5 MVC team. I hope the SLC only gets 1 team in.

Mr Meaty
11-11-2018, 04:38 PM
Guaranteed SHSU will not be at FD for another semi final beatdown this year.

Professor Chaos
11-11-2018, 09:26 PM
So Dom is projecting Incarnate Word to make the field if they win this weekend. Their schedule says they have a game scheduled with Iowa State on December 1st. Someone explain to me how that would work? Am I missing something regarding the Iowa State game?

Actually after the SDSU/ISU game got called due to weather IWU canceled their North Alabama game to pick up extra bucks.
Yep, Incarnate Word doesn't even play this week. The ESPN.com schedule still shows the Incarnate Word/North Alabama game but it's not on their official site (https://uiwcardinals.com/schedule.aspx?path=football) (or North Alabama's for that matter) so pretty safe to say that the ESPN.com schedule is wrong (shocking I know).

56BISON73
11-12-2018, 01:21 AM
Guaranteed SHSU will not be at FD for another semi final beatdown this year.

I loved it when we busted their chops by playing the TX music at the end of the game.

1998braves64
11-12-2018, 11:42 AM
I loved it when we busted their chops by playing the TX music at the end of the game.Not sure it was deliberate just because they are from Texas because they've done that every single semi final game when the game was in hand. GSU #2 pretty much is the only one we didn't have a significant lead and not sure if we played any Texas music that year. I was too giddy!

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.