PDA

View Full Version : YSU Post Game Thoughts

Kevin
11-03-2018, 10:34 PM
1) Easton Stick. Still the best QB in FCS.
2) This felt like that one game a year we sleep walk through and lose. Thankfully we woke up enough to get it done.
3) Great play by the defensive front today. Menard is playing a high level.
4) Rough special teams. Blocked punt, two missed field goals, poor kick offs. Hopefully we get that cleaned up again. It was nice not having to think about that side of the game.
5) Great game by Shep. Too many drops by everyone else. That's concerning on a variety of levels.
6) I'll miss Bo.
7) JMU goes down. Playoff race getting interesting.

SoCalBison
11-03-2018, 10:37 PM
Felt a bit lucky to win; never doubted that the Bison are the better team--just wondering why the offense couldn't put anything together for such long stretches. Actually, the offense was never consistent today. Connected on a couple of key passes and a couple of long runs. Other than that, meh.

WeAreThePride
11-03-2018, 10:43 PM
9-0 baby, and yet another conference championship! Defense was lights out.

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2018, 10:47 PM
9-0 baby, and yet another conference championship! Defense was lights out.

9-0. The only thing that matters. Well OK, relatively healthy too. On schedule.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

semobison
11-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Offense struggled, had trouble running the ball until Lance broke two runs in the 4th qtr.
Give Youngstown credit. They played hard!
We have been in the Valley 10 years and if I have learned anything it's that in conference games you have to do more than just show up!

wagsabison
11-03-2018, 11:07 PM
Didn’t play great. Give ysu props. 9-0 sometimes these games happen. This had the USD feeling from a few years ago for a while there. Played much better in the 4th

Christopher Moen
11-03-2018, 11:14 PM
YSU didn’t fold and played with pride, especially on defense. Them being a 35 point underdog was silly.

The Bison defense is really, really good. The receivers played “alright,” but had they fought for a few more of those passes, this game wouldn’t have been as close.

Stick was a bit off today, but not by much.

Lastly, Scottie and his Pa are off the hook......for now.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

semobison
11-03-2018, 11:16 PM
Didn’t play great. Give ysu props. 9-0 sometimes these games happen. This had the USD feeling from a few years ago for a while there. Played much better in the 4th

It almost felt like when Youngstown tied it up we turned on the switch. I'm happy we did but it also bothers me a little.

DCinOK
11-03-2018, 11:19 PM
Bison win. James Madison loses. Not a bad Saturday. I hate the Virginia Pretenders.

CAS4127
11-03-2018, 11:20 PM
It almost felt like when Youngstown tied it up we turned on the switch. I'm happy we did but it also bothers me a little.

Who won the BV debate on this game—CAS4127 or Bison-4–Life?

I’ll hang up and listen...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdBot
11-03-2018, 11:27 PM
1) Defense looked great, except for 1 drive.
2) The offense was way off today. Too much read option early but good adjustments in the 4th quarter.
3) Not much energy in the building until the 4th
4) Ugly game but we won

23Bison
11-03-2018, 11:27 PM
Offense seemed like they were just going through the motion. Was a pretty sloppy game but I’ll take 9-0.

GoRams
11-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Guys on the radio talking about how NDSU hasn't been able to put together a full game yet this year. I think I agree, however I'm not sure they need to play a complete game in all 3 phases to win a national championship this year? Seriously who is the #2 seed right now?

semobison
11-03-2018, 11:32 PM

Without a doubt CAS!

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2018, 11:36 PM
YSU didn’t fold and played with pride, especially on defense. Them being a 35 point underdog was silly.

The Bison defense is really, really good. The receivers played “alright,” but had they fought for a few more of those passes, this game wouldn’t have been as close.

Stick was a bit off today, but not by much.

Lastly, Scottie and his Pa are off the hook......for now.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

I know that Teach said he was going to have a second Stumplifer to cover for Scottie (has anyone heard from him since?). But I am going to take credit for the victory since I wore my NDSU socks - something I have not done since January 6th.

Bison03
11-03-2018, 11:39 PM
Games with Youngstown are always a grind. The Valley is tough. This game showed that. A veteran teams knows how to win when its winning time.

G_Funky
11-03-2018, 11:39 PM
YSU stacked the box and sold out on the run...Easton connects on a couple of those and this is a much different score.

Green1
11-03-2018, 11:41 PM
I know that Teach said he was going to have a second Stumplifer to cover for Scottie (has anyone heard from him since?). But I am going to take credit for the victory since I wore my NDSU socks - something I have not done since January 6th.

Going barefoot for 9 months is quite the "feat" !!!

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2018, 11:42 PM
YSU stacked the box and sold out on the run...Easton connects on a couple of those and this is a much different score.

Easton did connect. His receivers did not alway’s hold up their end.

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2018, 11:43 PM
Going barefoot for 9 months is quite the "feat" !!!

It was a bitch in Jan and Feb let me tall ya...

TAILG8R
11-03-2018, 11:44 PM
7) JMU goes down. Playoff race getting interesting.

I see it this way JMU loses and now the playoffs seem like a cakewalk of epic proportions.

Honestly I just don't buy anyone giving NDSU a real game until 2019 season.

This was the game we usually lose and we pulled our shit together and won.

See you at the after party in my tent in the lot in Frisco!

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

oldmantutters
11-03-2018, 11:49 PM

Sent from my iPad using TapatalkThank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
11-03-2018, 11:51 PM
Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

De nada. Anything for the team (program).

Green1
11-03-2018, 11:58 PM
It was a bitch in Jan and Feb let me tall ya...

I imagine your feet look like these:

Vet70
11-03-2018, 11:58 PM

True, and if YSU scored after the blocked punt and dropped pass by a wide-open receiver it would have been different as well.

Bisonator98
11-04-2018, 12:00 AM
Was an ugly win but still a win.

Hopefully this is the "letdown or wake up" game this season.

Does NDSU have a JUGS machine? Do the receivers use it?

Bison03
11-04-2018, 12:01 AM
I know we are undefeated in both, but does anyone know our win total now in the gold jerseys and the harvest helmets?

GreenfieldBison
11-04-2018, 12:02 AM
I imagine your feet look like these:

Those are pretty. But no, mine just look like this: 8621

EC8CH
11-04-2018, 12:03 AM
I know we are undefeated in both, but does anyone know our win total now in the gold jerseys and the harvest helmets?

28-0 gold jerseys
12-0 green helmets

GreenfieldBison
11-04-2018, 12:04 AM
True, and if YSU scored after the blocked punt and dropped pass by a wide-open receiver it would have been different as well.

Too right. Close game.

BisManBison
11-04-2018, 12:06 AM

That was some easy money :biggrin:

Bison56
11-04-2018, 12:08 AM

Wasnt even close CAS4127 wins

GreenfieldBison
11-04-2018, 12:38 AM
Guys criticizing Easton Stick - did you see the catch made by Scruggs from Tua in the Bama vs LSU game @ 5:00 left to go in 1st quarter? Even Shep doesn’t make that catch. Not sure Vraa would have. Easton would be killing it at that school. We are SO LUCKY to have this kid playing for us and being a fellow Bison Alumnus.

Bison 4 Life
11-04-2018, 12:41 AM

If anyone thought I was willing to die on my hill, you seriously misunderstood me.

BadlandsBison
11-04-2018, 12:42 AM
Youngstown played with fury today. Good team in a bad season. Pelini is a better coach than he gets credit for and I really do hope he ends up in a good situation after this season.

Great win!

Bison 4 Life
11-04-2018, 12:45 AM
Youngstown played with fury today. Good team in a bad season. Pelini is a better coach than he gets credit for and I really do hope he ends up in a good situation after this season.

Great win!

Yeah. Nobody can really know how they would do in similar circumstances but I'm not sure his approach works these days.

Anybody see who Mike Houston blamed this loss on?

BadlandsBison
11-04-2018, 12:54 AM
I read on their fan forum that Youngstown is paying assistants quite minimal salaries and can’t get decent coordinators. Bo’s brother left for Bowling Green which probably didn’t help the situation for Bo.

CAS4127
11-04-2018, 12:58 AM
Yeah. Nobody can really know how they would do in similar circumstances but I'm not sure his approach works these days.

Anybody see who Mike Houston blamed this loss on?

In guessing he blamed it on himself. I know that’s not the thing these days, so he sucks at that. /major purple!!

Burrows
11-04-2018, 01:38 AM

28-0 gold, 12-0 harvest

BisonNeil
11-04-2018, 01:13 AM
The offense was sluggish today because the YSU DL won the line of scrimmage for the most part. It’s that simple.

To be honest, after watching the last four games, I have no idea why Zach Johnson hasn’t been benched and letting Cordell Volson take a few swings at the bat at RT. My guess is Johnson has nearly as many penalties as the rest of the OL put together. He also consistently let the DE get inside of him. Radunz has been struggling the last two games also but tonight was bad. Tanner struggled with #52 all night but at least he battled.

But the bottom line is that the Bison offense did not dominate the LOS tonight, unlike what the Bison DL did against YSU.

scottietohottie
11-04-2018, 01:28 AM
It really is something what this team does. Week in and week out. Off game was a 17-7 win. Who does that? Who?

KTF
11-04-2018, 01:31 AM
Not really game related (I agree with most on not good game and Penquins we're tough), however I keep reading that Pelini is leaving. Where is he going? Or is he just retiring? Reading his biography on Wikipedia he has pretty much done everything in football... I didn't realize his history was so storied. If he is going to the NFL why wait until now or was that part of his settlement with Nebraska?

MAKBison
11-04-2018, 01:53 AM
Not really game related (I agree with most on not good game and Penquins we're tough), however I keep reading that Pelini is leaving. Where is he going? Or is he just retiring? Reading his biography on Wikipedia he has pretty much done everything in football... I didn't realize his history was so storied. If he is going to the NFL why wait until now or was that part of his settlement with Nebraska?

NFL is what several say.
He wanted to bring ysu back to glory and being he makes $125,000 a month now was a great time to do it

el coyote
11-04-2018, 02:21 AM
He's getting paid however many million from Nebraska minus whatever he gets paid at YSU or wherever he would have ended up. I think he wanted to soak Nebraska for whatever he could for as long as he could and that's why he has stayed in Youngstown for the duration of that contract. His last Nebraska paycheck will come in February, so if he wants to continue with the big bucks he's gone. If he's content, maybe not.

BadlandsBison
11-04-2018, 02:28 AM

I get the impression he wanted to keep going as a head coach but he was damaged goods after Nebraska, so no good fbs program would hire him. Youngstown was a stepping stone for another big job but now things aren’t looking so good this season. And his Nebraska buyout ends this year...pay cut incoming.

MAKBison
11-04-2018, 02:31 AM
He's getting paid however many million from Nebraska minus whatever he gets paid at YSU or wherever he would have ended up. I think he wanted to soak Nebraska for whatever he could for as long as he could and that's why he has stayed in Youngstown for the duration of that contract. His last Nebraska paycheck will come in February, so if he wants to continue with the big bucks he's gone. If he's content, maybe not.

The rumor is his ysu salary is 0

KTF
11-04-2018, 02:31 AM
Would an NFL team take another chance on him? I mean he is a loose cannon. Seems to me they would put him where he is very control from the public exposure.

MAKBison
11-04-2018, 02:34 AM
Would an NFL team take another chance on him? I mean he is a loose cannon. Seems to me they would put him where he is very control from the public exposure.
Not a lot of exposure as a position coach sitting in a booth. If the nfl thinks he has the talent he will get a shot.

Professor Chaos
11-04-2018, 03:14 AM
Did anyone else notice that Shepherd was in on kick coverage on the last kickoff? I love the enthusiasm and leadership shown by a senior there but I wonder if that's a necessary risk to take with a guy who's such an integral part of the offense within nothing much behind him???

BisonNeil
11-04-2018, 03:33 AM

My understanding from my NE friends is he had to have a coaching position to get his buy out and his salary would be deducted from the buyout which is why he chose to go to an FCS team so that he could milk maximum dollars out of NE.

KTF
11-04-2018, 03:52 AM
I guess it all makes sense, hard for Tressel to fire Pelini if the agreement was he would work free for 5 years.

bisonaudit
11-04-2018, 04:07 AM
I guess it all makes sense, hard for Tressel to fire Pelini if the agreement was he would work free for 5 years.

No years to buyout at any point though either.

Christopher Moen
11-04-2018, 04:23 AM

Loose cannons aren't uncommon in the NFL.

http://i53.tinypic.com/29yjxh1.jpg

Bison Chief
11-04-2018, 04:28 AM

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkSo that makes CAS what like 1-3 in the head to head debate for the season?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

tjamz
11-04-2018, 09:49 AM
So I was over at the Volson tailgate and ran into the father of the YSU quarterback. I asked him what the sentiment was in the locker room after Bo's post game presser last week. He said "the kids love Bo" and then implied that they were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time. Basically he was letting the media and fans hate him to take the pressure off the kids this week. Reverse psychology if you will.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Snowgoose
11-04-2018, 10:52 AM
I had to listen to the game on the radio but when they blocked the punt I thought to myself I bet they had the three upbacks all on one side of the center. sure enough when I watched the replay that was the case. If someone had time I bet if they looked at the film for the past seven years for that alignment you will notice that the punt is blocked almost every time or has been blocked. It is ridiculous that they do that once in a while. I know they are probably instructed to line up that way based on how the defense sets up so this is all poor coaching.

GradBison
11-04-2018, 10:55 AM
Did anyone else notice that Shepherd was in on kick coverage on the last kickoff? I love the enthusiasm and leadership shown by a senior there but I wonder if that's a necessary risk to take with a guy who's such an integral part of the offense within nothing much behind him???

Yup. Not a risk that should be taken IMO.

semobison
11-04-2018, 11:36 AM
So I was over at the Volson tailgate and ran into the father of the YSU quarterback. I asked him what the sentiment was in the locker room after Bo's post game presser last week. He said "the kids love Bo" and then implied that they were aware of what he was going to say ahead of time. Basically he was letting the media and fans hate him to take the pressure off the kids this week. Reverse psychology if you will.

Yep, I have heard the term, he is a players coach. Obviously he is not good with the media and is volatile during games but I have also heard that the players love him. His kids came to play Saturday.

StL Bison Fan
11-04-2018, 11:36 AM

No. He gets paid, plus his Nebraska money. I believe it is his wife that grew up in Youngstown so there’s a connection there.
(His wife must be a saint)
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/reports-bo-pelini-signs-contract-at-youngstown-state/article_aed20122-f34f-11e4-ad31-6369692511e5.html

KSBisonFan
11-04-2018, 11:58 AM

I talked to a couple YSU fans during the game and they are pretty confident Bo will be back next season.

EC8CH
11-04-2018, 12:04 PM
I talked to a couple YSU fans during the game and they are pretty confident Bo will be back next season.

Maybe, I doubt it though.

wisco4
11-04-2018, 12:21 PM

Great win!

YSU ones are every bit as good as NDSUs at just about every position. They remind me of JMU, man they have some players out there. NDSUs ability to rush the passer late in games is such a weapon and they usually can do it without blitzing. Big win, here's to Bruce and Jalen continuing to heal up for a championship run.

1998braves64
11-04-2018, 12:34 PM
No. He gets paid, plus his Nebraska money. I believe it is his wife that grew up in Youngstown so there’s a connection there.
(His wife must be a saint)
https://www.omaha.com/huskers/blogs/reports-bo-pelini-signs-contract-at-youngstown-state/article_aed20122-f34f-11e4-ad31-6369692511e5.htmlPelini is from Youngstown, wife could be too don't know. But it was the Tressel connection that brought him to be coach there. Not sure if their paths crossed directly at tOSU but they both obviously are connected to tOSU.

Tressel was hired as president of ysu the spring before Pelini got canned at Nebraska.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

tjamz
11-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Pelini is from Youngstown, wife could be too don't know. But it was the Tressel connection that brought him to be coach there. Not sure if their paths crossed directly at tOSU but they both obviously are connected to tOSU.

Tressel was hired as president of ysu the spring before Pelini got canned at Nebraska.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.Correct. They are also connected to the Edward DeBartolo family (Bo grew up with the Denise). My guess is that his next contract will be working for Denise DeBartalo in a defensive capacity with the 49ers.

The above info was provided to me by a Youngstown native whose fiance worked for YSU as an assistant women's soccer coach last year.

Bison 4 Life
11-04-2018, 01:36 PM
So where in Bison lore will the spike on 4th down go?

DORMIE
11-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Heard Todd Wash was at the game and interviewed on TV. Wonder
if he thought he could use any of our D linemen in Jacksonville?

EC8CH
11-04-2018, 02:54 PM
Heard Todd Wash was at the game and interviewed on TV. Wonder
if he thought he could use any of our D linemen in Jacksonville?

Don't see many NFL type bodies graduating on the Bison D line this year. Menard has an outside shot as an OLB but even that will probably be an uphill struggle.

Uffda
11-04-2018, 06:32 PM

Bo knows!! I kinda like him after this last meeting with the Bison. Shit..... it's only a game. YSU was a test and a tough out for the Herd.

Uffda
11-04-2018, 06:43 PM
Don't see many NFL type bodies graduating on the Bison D line this year. Menard has an outside shot as an OLB but even that will probably be an uphill struggle.

Would love it if Stanley Jones gets a shot. One of my favorite Bison players. Very humble. His folks live in Mexico and he has 3 brothers and 4 sisters! What a story coming out of Bismarck.

Vet70
11-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Bo knows!! I kinda like him after this last meeting with the Bison. Shit..... it's only a game. YSU was a test and a tough out for the Herd.

Do you know how to use purple?

popefro
11-04-2018, 09:28 PM
So where in Bison lore will the spike on 4th down go?

It's equivalent to an NCC game a couple decades back vs Northern Colorado. 4th quarter, only seconds remaining, had a small lead but needed a goal line stand on 4th down...the qb was rushed from the pocket and threw the ball away thinking it was 3rd down...game over

bosco
11-04-2018, 10:01 PM
I come here to get insight on past games from Bisonloaf and Vet70....so where oh where are they with the information I seek?

Vet70
11-04-2018, 10:17 PM
I come here to get insight on past games from Bisonloaf and Vet70....so where oh where are they with the information I seek?

You are not worthy.

HerdBot
11-04-2018, 10:24 PM
Bo can do whatever he likes. He's a great coach and made enough cash in his lifetime to do that. That's what happens when you spend 8 years as an NFL coach, 5 years as a BCS DC, not to mention the Nebraska contract with the Youngstown money being a bonus. The dude could coach high school football if he likes. He could retire. Maybe he wanted to leave Youngstown in a better place than when he got there and sticks around? I hope he does.

TAILG8R
11-04-2018, 11:31 PM
Not that it matters because he still gets a TON of money but doesn't his Nebraska payout have a clause that he gets paid his buyout/salary minus anything he makes as a coach if he is indeed coaching? That would seem pretty standard.

Herd Mentality
11-04-2018, 11:36 PM
Was Jerome Bettis on the YSU sideline yesterday? Serious question.

IndyBison
11-05-2018, 12:10 PM
It's equivalent to an NCC game a couple decades back vs Northern Colorado. 4th quarter, only seconds remaining, had a small lead but needed a goal line stand on 4th down...the qb was rushed from the pocket and threw the ball away thinking it was 3rd down...game overWorked a game once where visiting team got 1st and goal with 1:20 left in the game, up by 1, and home team has 0 time outs left. Take 2 knees and the game is over. Instead they run a play and score a TD. The defense didn't allow it on purpose because they were complaining the runner was short. I wanted to tell them they just gave you a chance.

Home team goes down the field and scores tying TD and 2 point conversion with 11 seconds remaining and won in OT. Visiting team was undefeated and home team was defending national champion who likely get knocked out of the playoffs if they lose. That coach had to be kicking himself after the game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

bosco
11-05-2018, 02:41 PM
You are not worthy.

I've always looked to you as the standard of info and insights. You now have provided nothing. Why I ask...why?

Vet70
11-05-2018, 02:51 PM
I've always looked to you as the standard of info and insights. You now have provided nothing. Why I ask...why?

See my previous post.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 02:55 PM
Was Jerome Bettis on the YSU sideline yesterday? Serious question.

I doubt it. Ryan Gellner would have run a 5 minute interview on split screen during a Bison offensive drive.

KNOW IT ALL
11-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Once again a poor performance by Special Teams. If this team gets upset in the playoffs special teams will be a big part of it. This has been a common theme for a couple years now. How can a team with this level of talent be so avg. to poor on special teams the past couple years? God forbid this staff ever calls for a fake punt, on-side kick, something to change the momentum of a game. A great defense covers a lot of special teams short-comings.

I do think its why teams are able to hang with NDSU at times that seem head scratching. A third phase to this team would move them from really good to GREAT!

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 04:06 PM
Once again a poor performance by Special Teams. If this team gets upset in the playoffs special teams will be a big part of it. This has been a common theme for a couple years now. How can a team with this level of talent be so avg. to poor on special teams the past couple years? God forbid this staff ever calls for a fake punt, on-side kick, something to change the momentum of a game. A great defense covers a lot of special teams short-comings.

I do think its why teams are able to hang with NDSU at times that seem head scratching. A third phase to this team would move them from really good to GREAT!

Who is coaching special teams this year? It was Austin until he left.

Mr. Burgundy
11-05-2018, 04:16 PM

we have won a billion games in a row and you want us to call a fake punt. Or need to kick an on side kick. I love it. I think you should coach. Tell us more! Lets spread it out, bring in 5 wide and empty the backfield and be super fun!!!!

Our punter is damn near all American right now. A kid who BV wanted to cut. Two weeks ago we had a couple of monster punt returns. We had a return TD called back on a bunk hold. Some people have a short memory. I know, we missed a FG and kicked it out of bounds. Such is life. I guess these are good problems to have. Tyler and Nick coach special teams. Maybe call Tyler and tell him he should care more about it. Let us know how that chat goes for you.

Bison56
11-05-2018, 04:23 PM

Painful read, are you and Bison 4 Life related?

KNOW IT ALL
11-05-2018, 04:26 PM
Painful read, are you and Bison 4 Life related?

If you take the talent on this team and equate it to the level of play on special teams, I would honestly give it a D-. This is not year one of poor special teams play and I can only lay this on coaching. NOBODY can say there is a lack talent. You sir are the HOMER!!!!

I come from the Nick Saban School of "Even though we are great, we can get even better" and they have!!!

Bison56
11-05-2018, 04:36 PM
If you take the talent on this team and equate it to the level of play on special teams, I would honestly give it a D-. This is not year one of poor special teams play and I can only lay this on coaching. NOBODY can say there is a lack talent. You sir are the HOMER!!!!

I come from the Nick Saban School of "Even though we are great, we can get even better" and they have!!!
Get your money back, you were cheated.

Vet70
11-05-2018, 04:57 PM

The special teams in the YSU game were horrible. Having said that if you look at the statistics for the season to date they are not that much different from the averages of the teams we have played. Sure every facet of the team can improve, but to expect perfection is not realistic.

17>1
11-05-2018, 05:04 PM
The special teams in the YSU game were horrible. Having said that if you look at the statistics for the season to date they are not that much different from the averages of the teams we have played. Sure every facet of the team can improve, but to expect perfection is not realistic.

To add to this, I would say we've seen an improvement overall compared to our team last year, with a new punter and new long snapper as well.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 05:15 PM
To add to this, I would say we've seen an improvement overall compared to our team last year, with a new punter and new long snapper as well.

TBH, the block just looked like bad blocking. The formation was super weird, which probably contributed but it looked almost as though Caleb Butler was going out for a pass, he didn't even try to block. The wall fell apart very quickly.

stevdock
11-05-2018, 05:19 PM

There is nothing wrong with this take. In fact it's very close to what Phil Hansen said after the game. Our special teams had a rough game and honestly haven't been all that special for a while. Punt team needs to get the blocking figured out so it doesn't happen again since we won't be able to count on a spike on 4th down again ;). FG's looked good so it might just be as simple as the timing is just a hair off. 2/3 of that trio is new and our snapper and holder are just as important as the kicker. I'm sure they'll put in the extra time to get it figured out consistently.

I will say that if we were ever going to run a fake punt during the regular season it should have been Saturday. YSU was set up perfectly for it, but I'm sure the coaches thought we don't need it and will put it in the back pocket for the playoffs. No need to show off to the world that we know how to run one when the defense peels off immediately.

runtheoption
11-05-2018, 05:21 PM

Holy cow Ross Kennelly gets down field quick in punt coverage!

Vet70
11-05-2018, 05:22 PM
TBH, the block just looked like bad blocking. The formation was super weird, which probably contributed but it looked almost as though Caleb Butler was going out for a pass, he didn't even try to block. The wall fell apart very quickly.

Our seats are in the North end zone and when I saw how both teams were lined up I said it was going to be blocked. The formation just looked all wrong.

Christopher Moen
11-05-2018, 05:22 PM

Dude, the team is already pretty much great. This was the first game of the season where the Special Teams struggled. Offensive, especially the receiving corp, also struggled (I credit YSU for keeping the running game in check). Defensively, the Bison were awesome.

With the issues NDSU had on Saturday, guess what happened - they won.

As far as which school you claim to come from, I strongly believe it's the same one that GOBISON123 and Alsen went to, or maybe you all share the same head and keyboard as you guys struggle to say anything positive about the team that has 14 National Championships.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 05:31 PM
Our seats are in the North end zone and when I saw how both teams were lined up I said it was going to be blocked. The formation just looked all wrong.

Yeah. Here it is. Basically 3 wide at the top and an overloaded line. It would be as though you were going to do a fake. Backed up to your end zone, you probably want a max protect formation there.

https://i.imgur.com/DmVGnUW.jpg

Professor Chaos
11-05-2018, 05:39 PM
Yeah. Here it is. Basically 3 wide at the top and an overloaded line. It would be as though you were going to do a fake. Backed up to your end zone, you probably want a max protect formation there.

Especially considering the game situation. 1 minute left in the half and YSU with no timeouts. Just get the ball out of there. The only way YSU puts up any points before the half is a punt block or a huge punt return.

17>1
11-05-2018, 05:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with this take. In fact it's very close to what Phil Hansen said after the game. Our special teams had a rough game and honestly haven't been all that special for a while. Punt team needs to get the blocking figured out so it doesn't happen again since we won't be able to count on a spike on 4th down again ;). FG's looked good so it might just be as simple as the timing is just a hair off. 2/3 of that trio is new and our snapper and holder are just as important as the kicker. I'm sure they'll put in the extra time to get it figured out consistently.

I will say that if we were ever going to run a fake punt during the regular season it should have been Saturday. YSU was set up perfectly for it, but I'm sure the coaches thought we don't need it and will put it in the back pocket for the playoffs. No need to show off to the world that we know how to run one when the defense peels off immediately.

If his take was for this game only, then I wouldn't say it was wrong. But he said it's been poor all year long and I don't agree with that.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 05:48 PM
Especially considering the game situation. 1 minute left in the half and YSU with no timeouts. Just get the ball out of there. The only way YSU puts up any points before the half is a punt block or a huge punt return.

and given that lineup, he could have taken a few steps towards his protection and rugby kicked it.

That whole sequence was puzzling.

CAS4127
11-05-2018, 05:49 PM

In retrospect, I’m kind of glad it got blocked. We were exposed, and better to have that happen in a win game than when it’s too late to adjust/shore things up.

Vet70
11-05-2018, 05:57 PM
If his take was for this game only, then I wouldn't say it was wrong. But he said it's been poor all year long and I don't agree with that.

That is my reaction as well. And the problem with the "Nick Saban School" is "no matter what you do I am going to criticize it".

17>1
11-05-2018, 05:58 PM
In retrospect, I’m kind of glad it got blocked. We were exposed, and better to have that happen in a win game than when it’s too late to adjust/shore things up.

Can't argue with that. Better to get something on film to correct sooner rather than later. Also, Coach seemed pretty happy that the Bison were actually in a 4th quarter game, thinks it'll be beneficial for the team.

BisonNeil
11-05-2018, 06:48 PM

What was the quote Bohl gave ESPN after the perfect season and a third consecutive natty? Something like if you seek perfection on the way you will catch excellence? Anyway, seems appropriate here, I just know I liked it. I think it maybe lifted from Vince Lombardi, but who cares.

KNOW IT ALL
11-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Dude, the team is already pretty much great. This was the first game of the season where the Special Teams struggled. Offensive, especially the receiving corp, also struggled (I credit YSU for keeping the running game in check). Defensively, the Bison were awesome.

As far as which school you claim to come from, I strongly believe it's the same one that GOBISON123 and Alsen went to, or maybe you all share the same head and keyboard as you guys struggle to say anything positive about the team that has 14 National Championships.

You forgot to mention that you think your the only person on this site that has an opinion and the only person that should be allowed one. Are you the hall monitor at the local high school? I dont think our Special teams are any better than last year, other than a punter who can actually punt. This team has more talent on the bench than most teams they play have on the field, Period. Bison special teams have been avg. at best the past few years, or, Post Bohl era. We used to hear how important they were "Third Phase of a Complete Team", now, we only hope for avg. results that dont cost the Bison a game.

Snowgoose
11-05-2018, 08:50 PM
[QUOTE=Bison 4 Life;1308165]Yeah. Here it is. Basically 3 wide at the top and an overloaded line. It would be as though you were going to do a fake. Backed up to your end zone, you probably want a max protect formation there.

We have done this setup before and the each time that punt has either been blocked, tipped, or almost blocked since we switched to the alignment with three upbacks almost 7 years ago. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I listened to the game on the radio and thought to myself I bet they did the stupid formation. Sure enough when I got home to see the game on the DVR there it was. I can't believe Kleiman allows this formation if anybody has ever seen past game tapes they would know it does not work. The alignment I am speaking of is having the 3 upbacks off to one side of the center.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 09:22 PM
We have done this setup before and the each time that punt has either been blocked, tipped, or almost blocked since we switched to the alignment with three upbacks almost 7 years ago. I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but I listened to the game on the radio and thought to myself I bet they did the stupid formation. Sure enough when I got home to see the game on the DVR there it was. I can't believe Kleiman allows this formation if anybody has ever seen past game tapes they would know it does not work. The alignment I am speaking of is having the 3 upbacks off to one side of the center.

This is why I was asking earlier about the ST coordinator. I believe that's his job.

Bisonator98
11-05-2018, 09:30 PM
You forgot to mention that you think your the only person on this site that has an opinion and the only person that should be allowed one. Are you the hall monitor at the local high school? I dont think our Special teams are any better than last year, other than a punter who can actually punt. This team has more talent on the bench than most teams they play have on the field, Period. Bison special teams have been avg. at best the past few years, or, Post Bohl era. We used to hear how important they were "Third Phase of a Complete Team", now, we only hope for avg. results that dont cost the Bison a game.

I don't think the special teams have been too bad this season. Certainly better then the last couple. Our punting and coverage teams have been much improved IMO. Cam has struggled a bit on FG's and had a bad KO Saturday. Our returners have had some issues but they have been rotating so many different guys in those spots it's hard to get a feel for them.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 09:33 PM
I don't think the special teams have been too bad this season. Certainly better then the last couple. Our punting and coverage teams have been much improved IMO. Cam has struggled a bit on FG's and had a bad KO Saturday. Our returners have had some issues but they have been rotating so many different guys in those spots it's hard to get a feel for them.

They put Cam in bad positions a lot. I have a soft spot for him.

Could just be his grandma's cookies though, can't be certain.

Christopher Moen
11-05-2018, 10:25 PM

For someone who claims to know everything, one would think that you actually used statistics to base your opinion on. Instead, you use whatever dumb impression that is floating around your head at the moment.

Special Team stats comparison between this season and the previous two:

NDSU's Kick Return Average: 2018 (20.3 on 14 kicks), 2017 (22.2 on 28 kicks), 2016 (20.7 on 41 kicks)
Opponents' Kick Return Average: 2018 (22.9 on 37 kicks), 2017 (20.9 on 75 kicks), 2016 (18.6 on 63 kicks)
Both sides are down, but with the new fair catch rule, opportunities are also less.

NDSU's Punt Return Average: 2018 (17.1 on 15 punts), 2017 (5.9 on 23 punts), 2016 (12.6 on 12 punts)
Opponents' Punt Return Average: 2018 (3.6 on 14 punts), 2017 (12.2 on 16 punts), 2016 (0.0 on 3 punts)
Huge improvement on both sides, especially in regards to NDSU returning punts.

NDSU's Average Kickoffs per kick: 2018 (60.2 on 61 kicks), 2017 (61.1 on 103 kicks), 2016 (59.3 on 75 kicks)
Opponents' Average Kickoffs per kick: 2018 (61.6 on 26 kicks), 2017 (61.5 on 48 kicks), 2016 (62.0 on 54 kicks)
These stats show that NDSU consistently tries to pin their kickoffs between the 10 yard line and and the endzone (their actual strategy), despite the new the fair-catch rule.

NDSU's Average Net Kickoff: 2018 (40.2 on 61 kicks), 2017 (40.8 on 103 kicks), 2016 (40.4 on 75 kicks)
Opponents' Average Net Kickoffs: 2018 (41.1 on 26 kicks), 2017 (38.7 on 48 kicks), 2016 (40.3 on 54 kicks)
Not much of a change the past few season. NDSU and their opponents are consistently starting around a yard of the 25-yard line.

NDSU's Average Punt: 2018 (42.4 on 42 punts), 2017 (38.6 on 57 punts), 2016 (37.3 on 61 punts)
Opponents' Average Punt: 2018 (41.3 on 54 punts), 2017 (38.8 on 93 punts), 2016 (42.0 on 64 punts)
Tremendous improvement compared to the past two years.

NDSU's Average Net Punt: 2018 (38.3 on 42 punts), 2017 (34.8 on 57 punts), 2016 (36.0 on 61 punts)
Opponents' Average Net Punt: 2018 (35.8 on 54 punts), 2017 (36.9 on 93 punts), 2016 (39.0 on 64 punts)
As above, tremendous improvement and the team is not out-punting their coverage.

NDSU's Field Goal Kicking: 2018 (6/10 for 60%), 2017 (10/16 for 62.5%), 2016 (15/23 for 65.2%)
Opponents' Field Goal Kicking: 2018 (4/6 for 66.7%), 2017 (14/16 for 87.5%), 2016 (15/25 for 60%)
Slightly worse over the past two seasons for Cam, but he's still clutch when needed.

NDSU's PAT Kicking: 2018 (46/46 for 100%), 2017 (75/79 for 94.3%), 2016 (49/50 for 98%)
Opponents' PAT Kicking: 2018 (14/14 for 100.%), 2017 (16/17 for 94.1%), 2016 (25/26 for 96.2%)
Cam has been perfect so far this year.

So far, the stats have shown, NDSU is getting better - not worse. So let's compare this year's team to the best NDSU of the FCS era (so far) - 2013:

NDSU's Kick Return Average: 2018 (20.3 on 14 kicks), 2013 (25.2 on 32 kicks)
Opponents' Kick Return Average: 2018 (22.9 on 37 kicks), 2013 (19.2 on 79 kicks)
A lot worse. Does the new fair catch rule affect this stat? Maybe.

NDSU's Punt Return Average: 2018 (17.1 on 15 punts), 2013 (13.3 on 30 punts)
Opponents' Punt Return Average: 2018 (3.6 on 14 punts), 2013 (2.6 on 8 punts)
A lot better on NDSU returning this year, a yard worse on coverage.

NDSU's Average Kickoffs per kick: 2018 (60.2 on 61 kicks), 2013 (59.1 on 102 kicks)
Opponents' Average Kickoffs per kick: 2018 (61.6 on 26 kicks), 2013 (60.5 on 44 kicks)
A little bit better.

NDSU's Average Net Kickoff: 2018 (40.2 on 61 kicks), 2013 (39.9 on 102 kicks)
Opponents' Average Net Kickoffs: 2018 (41.1 on 26 kicks), 2013 (35.8 on 44 kicks)
About a foot better for 2018 Kickoff's, and as expected with the kick return average from above, the 2013 opponents did worse with their net kickoffs.

NDSU's Average Punt: 2018 (42.4 on 42 punts), 2013 (43.7 on 52 punts)
Opponents' Average Punt: 2018 (41.3 on 54 punts), 2013 (40.8 on 101 punts)
A bit worse, but let's be honest, Lecompte was a stud punter.

NDSU's Average Net Punt: 2018 (38.3 on 42 punts), 2013 (39.4 on 57 punts)
Opponents' Average Net Punt: 2018 (35.8 on 54 punts), 2013 (36.5 on 101 punts)
Again, Lecompte was a stud punter. However the coverage is better by a fraction.

NDSU's Field Goal Kicking: 2018 (6/10 for 60%), 2013 (10/13 for 76.9%)
Worse and Keller was definitely a more accurate kicker than Pedersen.

NDSU's PAT Kicking: 2018 (46/46 for 100%), 2017 (77/79 for 97.5%)
Again, Cam has been perfect so far this year.

Overall, not much a big difference in regards to Special Teams between the 2013 and 2018. Both had big and slight statistical advantages over one other. Therefore the belief that this year's Special Teams is worse than years past is not true.

You, and your fellow negative Nancy's can continue to find ways to demean the Bison in hopes of one day being right that such and such problem is "going to cost them one day!" In the meantime, those of us who are actual fans of the Bison, know this fact, winners know how to win. If the National Championship didn't prove that last year, especially in regards to Special Teams, then you will never appreciate the culture of this team.

stevdock
11-06-2018, 12:12 AM
You do know that it’s possible for stats to lie right??

Christopher Moen
11-06-2018, 12:54 AM
You do know that it’s possible for stats to lie right??

Numbers may or may not lie, but they definitely can be used to influence to fit an argument. Being that I'm not a politician nor am I selling anything, the stats I posted are solid. Plus, I used them in an objective stance.

Professor Chaos
11-06-2018, 02:42 AM
Boy, I saw this film review cutup from Ross Uglem's twitter feed where #52 for YSU treats Tanner Volson (likely an AA offensive lineman by the end of this year) like a rag doll (EDIT: I guess Volson did get chipped by the other DT but still between those 2 DTs they dominated the Bison interior O-line on that play):

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1059618602117160963

It really make you wonder how the hell this YSU team lost to Indiana St by 26 and to freaking Butler who's currently tied for last place in the non-scholarship Pioneer League. Maybe Bo was right to chew their asses publicly in his press conference after their game last week??? It's gotta be insanely frustrating to see your team play games like this one, and make plays like this one, sometimes and then disappear other times.

bisonaudit
11-06-2018, 02:51 AM
They put Cam in bad positions a lot. I have a soft spot for him.

Could just be his grandma's cookies though, can't be certain.

So much this. Just kick less.

bri-dog
11-06-2018, 02:52 AM

So you're saying they should have punted?

1998braves64
11-06-2018, 03:30 AM
So you're saying they should have punted?
Go for it on 4th down.

bri-dog
11-06-2018, 03:41 AM
Go for it on 4th down.

Yeah, I know (thus the purple). BA hates punting. :)

bisonaudit
11-06-2018, 04:17 AM
Yeah, I know (thus the purple). BA hates punting. :)

All the kicking. And it’s not hate for the act so much as the bad decisions that result in there being so much of it.

Alsen
11-06-2018, 09:46 AM

What the hell brought that on? The Bison are beyond great, and IMO, the special teams have improved quite a bit this year. Coaching is awesome and we have the greatest guys in the country on this team. Of course not as talented as top FBS teams, but better men. Hail the Bison with their tails up in the air! You can kiss whats under there.

Alsen
11-06-2018, 09:56 AM
Numbers may or may not lie, but they definitely can be used to influence to fit an argument. Being that I'm not a politician nor am I selling anything, the stats I posted are solid. Plus, I used them in an objective stance.

Wow dude! You really do need to come down off of your,"holier than thou," pedastel. BTW, you most certainly are politicking, and you are trying to sell us all on your being the smartest and greatest Bison superfan ever!

Perhaps you should erect a throne near the entrance to the Fargo Dome so the rest of us peons can come and bow down to you.

Christopher Moen
11-06-2018, 02:39 PM
Wow dude! You really do need to come down off of your,"holier than thou," pedastel. BTW, you most certainly are politicking, and you are trying to sell us all on your being the smartest and greatest Bison superfan ever!

Perhaps you should erect a throne near the entrance to the Fargo Dome so the rest of us peons can come and bow down to you.

I see you don’t like it when you’re brought up negatively on this message board. Perhaps you should think about that the next time before you go off on certain players when they have a play or game.

BisManBison
11-06-2018, 05:09 PM
Boy, I saw this film review cutup from Ross Uglem's twitter feed where #52 for YSU treats Tanner Volson (likely an AA offensive lineman by the end of this year) like a rag doll (EDIT: I guess Volson did get chipped by the other DT but still between those 2 DTs they dominated the Bison interior O-line on that play):

It really make you wonder how the hell this YSU team lost to Indiana St by 26 and to freaking Butler who's currently tied for last place in the non-scholarship Pioneer League. Maybe Bo was right to chew their asses publicly in his press conference after their game last week??? It's gotta be insanely frustrating to see your team play games like this one, and make plays like this one, sometimes and then disappear other times.

Looked to me 91 took Volson off the block and knocked him over rather than 52 throwing him aside.

TAILG8R
11-06-2018, 05:42 PM
Looked to me 91 took Volson off the block and knocked him over rather than 52 throwing him aside.

100% 91 is the player that pushes Volson off the block and sends him rolling. Not sure how he was supposed to combat that while he is engaged with 52 directly in front of him. One of those videos that looks like one thing but is most definitely not as impressive when you realize what really happened.

Christopher Moen
11-06-2018, 05:47 PM

Slow it down a bit more and you can see Colin Conner blocks #91 right into Tanner Volson to create a lane. This causes Tanner to lose contact with #52 and fall down. After that, #52 backs up and goes around to tackle Easton in the lane Colin just opened up. Amazing how much goes on in the trenches.

bisonfanette
11-06-2018, 06:30 PM
Slow it down a bit more and you can see Colin Conner blocks #91 right into Tanner Volson to create a lane. This causes Tanner to lose contact with #52 and fall down. After that, #52 backs up and goes around to tackle Easton in the lane Colin just opened up. Amazing how much goes on in the trenches.

Yes, #64 Conner blocks #91 etc... & yes... SO much is going on! Fun to watch! (Thanks CM!)

Alsen
11-07-2018, 05:57 PM
I see you don’t like it when you’re brought up negatively on this message board. Perhaps you should think about that the next time before you go off on certain players when they have a play or game.

WTH? That last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe you should stop pontificating for awhile and think about how you are presenting your posts.

There are good things to talk about, and bad things to talk about. That's reality....or would you have this forum be strictly rah,rah? I'm sure you would love to rule over every word and make the rest of us bow down to your Lordship.

Christopher Moen
11-07-2018, 06:37 PM
WTH? That last sentence makes no sense whatsoever. Maybe you should stop pontificating for awhile and think about how you are presenting your posts.

There are good things to talk about, and bad things to talk about. That's reality....or would you have this forum be strictly rah,rah? I'm sure you would love to rule over every word and make the rest of us bow down to your Lordship.

If there's good to speak about, then why don't you (and your friend GOBISON123) bring it more, if ever, for the certain player you guys have been complaining about since his Freshman season?

People who speak negatively, are losers.

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server3000/86d67/products/7670/images/10586/8316_9x18_LosersAssemble_BLK-YELL__34547.1535561791.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

KNOW IT ALL
11-07-2018, 08:02 PM
If there's good to speak about, then why don't you (and your friend GOBISON123) bring it more, if ever, for the certain player you guys have been complaining about since his Freshman season?

https://cdn1.bigcommerce.com/server3000/86d67/products/7670/images/10586/8316_9x18_LosersAssemble_BLK-YELL__34547.1535561791.1280.1280.jpg?c=2

And people who feel they need to take over "EVERY SINGLE THREAD" are sickening. You have this fantasy that every person in sports cheers for the same team. Well, got bad news, wouldnt be sports if that happened. Its easy to sit and rub dicks on every subject, sometimes its fun and interesting to challenge the norm to keep things interesting. Sorry to invade your SITE!

56BISON73
11-07-2018, 08:49 PM
And people who feel they need to take over "EVERY SINGLE THREAD" are sickening. You have this fantasy that every person in sports cheers for the same team. Well, got bad news, wouldnt be sports if that happened. Its easy to sit and rub dicks on every subject, sometimes its fun and interesting to challenge the norm to keep things interesting. Sorry to invade your SITE!

So you are saying youre nothing but a troll correct?

Christopher Moen
11-07-2018, 09:29 PM

This is a fan forum, not a hater forum.

Also, keep your Richard to yourself.

Vet70
11-07-2018, 09:43 PM
This is a fan forum, not a hater forum.

Any forum is supposed to be a place for the free exchange of ideas.

Christopher Moen
11-07-2018, 10:09 PM
Any forum is supposed to be a place for the free exchange of ideas.

True, but the negative rhetoric gets old fast and ruins the appreciation most of us here have for NDSU Athletics.

Vet70
11-07-2018, 10:21 PM
True, but the negative rhetoric gets old fast and ruins the appreciation most of us here have for NDSU Athletics.

Two Words: Use the block function.

GOBISON123
11-07-2018, 10:44 PM

You and your dumbass NDSU1980, 56BISON73 should practice what you preach which includes, not sending hate messages to my Inbox everyday.

Christopher Moen
11-07-2018, 11:03 PM

Usually, I just ignore them. However, when they start attacking players on a personal level.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4pVEVcPTCs&feature=youtu.be

Christopher Moen
11-07-2018, 11:04 PM
You and your dumbass NDSU1980, 56BISON73 should practice what you preach which includes, not sending hate messages to my Inbox everyday.

Not once have I sent you any messages. Therefore, you lie as usual.

EC8CH
11-07-2018, 11:49 PM
Who here likes the Bison and are happy when they win the football game contests?

oldmantutters
11-07-2018, 11:50 PM
Who here likes the Bison and are happy when they win the football game contests?Depends, what's the score in this hypothetical?

EC8CH
11-07-2018, 11:56 PM
Depends, what's the score in this hypothetical?

I luv this post.

CAS4127
11-08-2018, 12:15 AM

“But when men have realized that time has upset many fighting faiths, they may come to believe even more than they believe the very foundations of their own conduct that the ultimate good desired is better reached by free trade in ideas — that the best test of truth is the power of the thought to get itself accepted in the competition of the market, and that truth is the only ground upon which their wishes safely can be carried out.”

X-Factor
11-08-2018, 12:21 AM

How many times have we gone for it on 4th down this year? Not enough. Maybe that one should have been a punt, but either way that was a very low probability shot for our PK

56BISON73
11-08-2018, 12:21 AM

:rofl: :rofl:

Vet70
11-08-2018, 12:43 AM
“But when men have realized that time has upset many fighting faiths, they may come to believe even more than they believe the very foundations of their own conduct that the ultimate good desired is better reached by free trade in ideas — that the best test of truth is the power of the thought to get itself accepted in the competition of the market, and that truth is the only ground upon which their wishes safely can be carried out.”

S.C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes in his Abrams v. United States dissent.

CAS4127
11-08-2018, 12:48 AM
S.C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes in his Abrams v. United States dissent.

Yep—and still true to this day, if one is truthful in their discourse.

Surprised you knew the citation, but I never took a class with you!![emoji51] RTO probably doesn’t even recognize what we are posting about, yet he took classes from you. Loser!!

Vet70
11-08-2018, 12:50 AM
Yep—and still true to this day, if one is truthful in their discourse.

Surprised you knew the citation, but I never took a class with you!![emoji51] RTU probably doesn’t even recognize what we are posting about, yet he took classes from you. Loser!!

Some things stick after teaching 28 years. :biggrin:

CAS4127
11-08-2018, 12:55 AM
Some things stick after teaching 28 years. :biggrin:

The “market place of ideas” ...

oldmantutters
11-08-2018, 02:07 AM

S.C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes
-Michael Scott

Uffda
11-08-2018, 01:33 PM
Stay classy Bison Nation. JFC!

Vet70
11-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Stay classy Bison Nation. JFC!

Go on......

G_Funky
11-08-2018, 02:42 PM

clearly a game inside between those two tackles...probably had it schemed based on our tendencies/formation. If they guess wrong tho and we run that thing to the right there is NO ONE because those backers are flying to the jet motion.

And although this is splitting hairs and highly unlikely, technically Radunz is responsible for front side B gap...once that is secure he's then to climb to the backside LB. If he stays true to that responsibility and doesnt chase #3 then #52 shows up right in his lap and Easton houses the thing. Thats so bang/bang tho there's very little chance that it would work out like that.

Professor Chaos
11-08-2018, 03:12 PM
clearly a game inside between those two tackles...probably had it schemed based on our tendencies/formation. If they guess wrong tho and we run that thing to the right there is NO ONE because those backers are flying to the jet motion.

And although this is splitting hairs and highly unlikely, technically Radunz is responsible for front side B gap...once that is secure he's then to climb to the backside LB. If he stays true to that responsibility and doesnt chase #3 then #52 shows up right in his lap and Easton houses the thing. Thats so bang/bang tho there's very little chance that it would work out like that.
Good point, although if Volson is able to hold his block on #52 then Radunz is right to work up to the LB.

It was just a good play by both YSU DTs. I'm sure they won't be the last D-line to stunt like that as a defense against the QB run on the jet motion but I'm also sure that Riley and Messingham will adjust as well to block it better in the future.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-08-2018, 03:36 PM

Audit? Is that you?

bisonaudit
11-08-2018, 04:06 PM
Audit? Is that you?

I glazed over there for a bit (so there’s one vote in the market place against whatever all that mess was) but CAS got my attention with his valiant attempt to raise the level of discourse (there’s another vote). Even if it was, somewhat, in defense of a conversation I still couldn’t get through on rereading after the Holmes quote.

runtheoption
11-08-2018, 04:58 PM
RTO probably doesn’t even recognize what we are posting about, yet he took classes from you. Loser!!

Keep spouting off old man, and I would say there is a clear and present danger of you getting your ass kicked.

I think your morally tinted words have caused a great deal of confused thinking.

Vet70
11-08-2018, 05:21 PM
Keep spouting off old man, and I would say there is a clear and present danger of you getting your ass kicked.

I think your morally tinted words have caused a great deal of confused thinking.

Let me know when and where. I'll pay your medical bills. :rofl:

CAS4127
11-08-2018, 06:31 PM

Those are fighting words that border on violating those dragnet, Nodak Disorderly Conduct Statutes.

What’s your address?

runtheoption
11-08-2018, 07:30 PM
Those are fighting words that border on violating those dragnet, Nodak Disorderly Conduct Statutes.

What’s your address?

421 University Drive North, Fargo, ND 58102

Snake
11-08-2018, 07:37 PM
Wow RTO, not only are you an arrogant d bag you are also stupid. Best of luck!

CAS4127
11-08-2018, 07:38 PM

Lol! Nice place you have there.

Bisonator98
11-08-2018, 08:03 PM

:rofl::rofl:

TransAmBison
11-08-2018, 08:14 PM
Points awarded to RTO. Well played...

runtheoption
11-08-2018, 08:22 PM
Wow RTO, not only are you an arrogant d bag you are also stupid. Best of luck!

You forgot fat, slow, and out-of-shape.

Also the part where CAS and I are friends, but, carry on...

Bison 4 Life
11-08-2018, 08:23 PM
Hey RTO, I know someone who had relations in your driveway!

TransAmBison
11-08-2018, 08:26 PM

Also the part where CAS and I are friends, but, carry on...You are friends with CAS? I agree with snake...you must be a d-bag. :)

bri-dog
11-08-2018, 08:28 PM

RTO, apparently you need to change your default font to "sarcasm purple". :biggrin:

Vet70
11-08-2018, 08:35 PM

I'll believe it when I hear it from CAS.

runtheoption
11-08-2018, 08:38 PM
You are friends with CAS? I agree with snake...you must be a d-bag. :)

You know the old saying: "Lawyers suck."

Vet70
11-08-2018, 08:44 PM
You know the old saying: "Lawyers suck."

I have always been a fan of Shakespeare: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

bisonaudit
11-08-2018, 11:13 PM
I have always been a fan of Shakespeare: "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers."

Shakespeare needed a sarcasm font too.