PDA

View Full Version : Griz thoughts on Bison/Cat Game

Shakermaker
09-21-2005, 11:00 PM
This is a tough one for me as far as who to go for. I'm a Griz fan, but I grew to respect and enjoyed watching the Bison since I lived near Fargo until last year. My cousin was a student at NDSU (I lived in Grand Forks... never got a good feeling about the Sioux) and I went to a few Bison games.

Here is my confused thought process. I'm a Griz fan through and through, but I also pull for the Big Sky, usually, when it comes to a I-AA conferance vs the Big Sky. I hate the Cats as a Griz fan, but I'm not sure I want the Sky to lose to the Bison. I have no ill will towards the Bison for our loss in 2003. Infact, I was at the game, then a week later watched the Bison play Cal Davis (I believe) only to see them lose... that was a bigger slap in the face in a way. Anyhow, I have to go with my gut on this one and drop my Big Sky allegiance and pull for NDSU. After all, even when I wore my Griz garb in the Fargo Dome I always was treated well.

Good luck this weekend.

Whatever_
09-22-2005, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the well wishing, I think the bison are going to need some good luck to get the W. Hopefully not too much though.

Shakermaker
09-22-2005, 12:32 AM
Well, I do think the Cats loss, at least in the way they lost, was not a good representation of their team. I think it will be a good slug fest between the Bison and the Cats in Bozeman.

I'm still scratching my head with the Griz this year. I don't think I can ever remember them scoring so little in Missoula. A lot of unanswered questions on our side of things... except in the Defensive area. This has been a topsy turvey year in the I-AA arena.

barechestcat
09-22-2005, 02:11 AM
Shakermaker,
Do you visit egriz often? I think their biggest problem is at quarterback. My feeling is they should bench Washington and start the RS freshman; at least for one game. Washington just hasn't shown that he can take control of the game as a playmaker and as a field general. This may be a premature evaluation. But, I know Griz fans are not normally the most patient people. Your thoughts?

Shakermaker
09-22-2005, 02:55 AM
Not having seen him play myself, it's hard for me to jump on that band wagon. I'd like to think Hauk saw something in Washington that hasn't surfaced/resurfaced yet. Last year everyone bitched and moaned about the Griz defense until the Eastern Washington game when they gelled. Now it's the offense certain people are moaning about... three games into the season.

I do go to egriz. I think as a rule Griz fans aren't bitching. If you pay attention, it's usually the same fans complaining game in and game out if it's not a blow out wtih the W going to the Griz.

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2005, 06:19 PM
This is a tough one for me as far as who to go for. *I'm a Griz fan, but I grew to respect and enjoyed watching the Bison since I lived near Fargo until last year. *My cousin was a student at NDSU (I lived in Grand Forks... never got a good feeling about the Sioux) and I went to a few Bison games. *

Here is my confused thought process. *I'm a Griz fan through and through, but I also pull for the Big Sky, usually, when it comes to a I-AA conferance vs the Big Sky. *I hate the Cats as a Griz fan, but I'm not sure I want the Sky to lose to the Bison. *I have no ill will towards the Bison for our loss in 2003. *Infact, I was at the game, then a week later watched the Bison play Cal Davis (I believe) only to see them lose... that was a bigger slap in the face in a way. *Anyhow, I have to go with my gut on this one and drop my Big Sky allegiance and pull for NDSU. *After all, even when I wore my Griz garb in the Fargo Dome I always was treated well.

Good luck this weekend. *

I you are pulling for us......why are you picking the Cats to win over on Bobcatnation??

Shakermaker --

Well, I believe Cal Poly and SDSU play this weekend (I may have gotten that one mixed up). It could be an indicator. This weekend may be a make or breaker for the Cats. Granted it's not a Big Sky foe, but the Cats may have to revamp their D or O if they lose and NDSU shouldn't be a cake walk... even in Bozeman.

Cats 21- NDSU 17

Link -- http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/viewtopic.php?t=3291

Either you are with the Bison or you are against us....or are you running for office?...... ;D ;) ;D

Shakermaker
09-22-2005, 06:26 PM
I you are pulling for us......why are you picking the Cats to win over on Bobcatnation??

Shakermaker --

Well, I believe Cal Poly and SDSU play this weekend (I may have gotten that one mixed up). It could be an indicator. This weekend may be a make or breaker for the Cats. Granted it's not a Big Sky foe, but the Cats may have to revamp their D or O if they lose and NDSU shouldn't be a cake walk... even in Bozeman.

Cats 21- NDSU 17

Link -- http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatboard/viewtopic.php?t=3291

Either you are with the Bison or you are against us....or are you running for office?...... ;D ;) ;D

Pulling and reality are two different things. I think the cats are tough. I think you can win, but I really think the Cats are going to win. So when does pulling for a team require me to think you will win. I'm going with the home odds. It's not like I was sugar coating on the cat board saying CATS 45 NDSU 14. Christ... lighten up.

I pulled for the Griz to beat Oregon, but I also picked Oregon to win. I'm not stupid.

Good luck this weekend.

Gamehunter
09-22-2005, 06:59 PM
I think wyo was just trying to give you a hard time with that one ;)

Should be a good game!

BTW, I do at least think your score prediction could be accurate though. My guess is this wont be a high scoring game. The NDSU D should keep things in check for most of the day.

Shakermaker
09-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I think wyo was just trying to give you a hard time with that one *;)

Should be a good game!

BTW, I do at least think your score prediction could be accurate though. *My guess is this wont be a high scoring game. * The NDSU D should keep things in check for most of the day.

Oh, I think you are right. I just saw his last sentence with the smileys and the running for office bit. My bad Wyo.

WYOBISONMAN
09-22-2005, 08:05 PM
Oh, I think you are right. *I just saw his last sentence with the smileys and the running for office bit. *My bad Wyo.

Yes Shaker.....just giving you a wee bit of shit....... ;)

JackJD
09-23-2005, 05:05 AM
I'm betting NDSU 21, MSU 13

ndsubison
09-23-2005, 06:10 AM
Bison 28
Cats13

Bison D gets to Lulay. Steffes/Chapman combo runs ramshod through porous MSU D. Mays brings the heat and Shaman has a sub-par day as nobody kicks to him. You heard it here first...................................

ndsubison
09-23-2005, 06:12 AM
I just wanna know how many Griz believers we (finally) have out there..... :-/

HerdBot
09-25-2005, 06:02 PM
We lost a close game but it's nice to know we can not only compete, but beat very good D1AA teams like Montana and Montana State on the road. Just give us a few years of having max scholorships and we will step it up a notch. Then you could see some really interesting games. :)

sambini
09-25-2005, 06:59 PM
++