11-01-2018, 01:32 AM

The only committee rankings to be released prior to selection Sunday

Facts
11-01-2018, 01:40 AM

The only committee rankings to be released prior to selection Sunday

Hmmmmmmmmm

CAS4127
11-01-2018, 01:44 AM
Think what you want, but UC Davis is solid. QB can spin it, good talent on O, and they have long athletes on D and everywhere else. Would not surprise me to see them in Natty if opposite bracket of us. I’ve watched 3 of there games—not you’re normal BSC team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HerdThat!
11-01-2018, 01:49 AM
I’m a little surprised to with 3 CAA teams in the Top 10 none of them are Towson

ndsubison1
11-01-2018, 01:51 AM
I think KSU is better than 6. Mediocre conference, but nearly made semis last year and are better this year.

CAS4127
11-01-2018, 02:00 AM
I think KSU is better than 6. Mediocre conference, but nearly made semis last year and are better this year.

Agreed, and they play pretty physical.

Playoffs are gonna be fun!

Facts
11-01-2018, 02:01 AM
Davis, Elon, and kennesaw. Nice to see some different teams in there.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 02:03 AM
Obviously this will change by Selection Sunday but that would be an incredibly favorable draw on NDSU's side of the bracket as far as seeds go with Weber, Elon, and Wofford on NDSU's side and JMU, UC Davis, Kennesaw, and SDSU on the other side.

CalBison97
11-01-2018, 02:11 AM
3 BSC teams in Top 10. /eye roll/

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ

roadwarrior
11-01-2018, 02:17 AM
Think what you want, but UC Davis is solid.

And they are coming to the dome next fall.

Facts
11-01-2018, 02:21 AM
Big games coming up:
Next week EWU vs UCD

CAA top end has a lot of games against each other to finish:
JMU 6-2 has games left against 5-3 URI, 6-2 Towson, and 2-6 UNH
Towson has JMU, 5-2 Elon, 5-3 Maine
Elon has Towson, URI, and Maine
Delaware has a couple losers and then 6-3 SB.

Kennesaw has 5-3 Campbell, 6-2 Monmouth, and 6-2 Jacksonville State

Weber finishes with Idaho State 5-3

Sdsu cake walks

Wofford plays no one with a winning record to finish

CAS4127
11-01-2018, 02:23 AM

Interesting. This will be fun re: playoffs and next Fall.

G_Funky
11-01-2018, 02:34 AM
Next week EWU vs UCD

Davis should roll...Gubrud is done and EWU’s defense is ghastly.

G_Funky
11-01-2018, 02:36 AM
Somehow SDSU will be on our side of the bracket...no way they keep the only team to play the Bison within a TD all season away from us...esp since it’s a bus trip

DePereBisonFan
11-01-2018, 02:37 AM

Oh snap! That's great!

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 02:46 AM
Somehow SDSU will be on our side of the bracket...no way they keep the only team to play the Bison within a TD all season away from us...esp since it’s a bus trip

The same thing was said last year (many times) and it didn't happen.

Bison 4 Life
11-01-2018, 03:19 AM
Well NDSU has beaten 20% of the top 10. Can anyone else say they've beaten 1?

I'm asking for real, don't know if Elon/Delaware has happened or Davis/Weber

oldmantutters
11-01-2018, 03:25 AM

I'm asking for real, don't know if Elon/Delaware has happened or Davis/WeberElon lost to Delaware making them 1-1 against the top 10. And UCD avoids Weber this year...in the regular season.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

bisonforever
11-01-2018, 03:26 AM

I'm asking for real, don't know if Elon/Delaware has happened or Davis/Weber No and No! Not sure about Delaware and Elon(don’t think they play each other) but I am fairly certain Davis and Weber don’t play each other.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2018, 03:31 AM
Wofford plays no one with a winning record to finish

Samford isn't your average 3-4 team, they have a ton of firepower. Wouldn't shock me if they took Wofford down, they could maybe run the table.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2018, 03:32 AM

I'm asking for real, don't know if Elon/Delaware has happened or Davis/Weber

Weber beat EWU and Elon beat JMU

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 08:51 AM
Weber beat EWU and Elon beat JMU
Delaware also beat Elon (and Towson who I suspect was just barely outside the top 10).

Vet70
11-01-2018, 09:04 AM
UN_ went toe-to-toe in their three losses.

wagsabison
11-01-2018, 11:19 AM
Delaware couldn’t have looked worse when we played them. I guess we jumped out to an early lead with the help of turnovers but I swear we could have put 50 on them easy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 12:16 PM
Delaware couldn’t have looked worse when we played them. I guess we jumped out to an early lead with the help of turnovers but I swear we could have put 50 on them easy.

It's a homerish take but it kinda seens like the committee treated a loss to NDSU similar to an FBS loss. The only two teams in the top 10 with 2 FCS losses (SDSU and Delaware) both have losses to NDSU as one of those. JMU (NC State), UC Davis (Stanford), Weber St (Utah), Elon (South Florida), Kennesaw (Georgia St), and Wofford (Woming) all have FBS losses to teams that are comparably or lower rated than NDSU in the Sagarin/Massey ratings. I think it's only fair to discount SDSU's and Delaware's loss to NDSU if they discount those other team's FBS losses.

MrSnuffleupagus
11-01-2018, 01:06 PM
Tinfoil hat: Committee and NCAA will do everything they can to have another NDSU/JMU matchup in Frisco.

Step 1: NDSU
Step 2: JMU
Step 3: Profit

Bisonator98
11-01-2018, 01:17 PM
Tinfoil hat: Committee and NCAA will do everything they can to have another NDSU/JMU matchup in Frisco.

Step 1: NDSU
Step 2: JMU
Step 3: Profit

Can't blame them, would probably be the best game too.

oldmantutters
11-01-2018, 01:22 PM
Can't blame them, would probably be the best game too.

We'll see, I think the best game would probably be NDSU/SDSU but I'm guessing the powers that be probably don't want another all MVFC championship (although it could have happened last year if not for SDSU opening a pastry shop).

KNOW IT ALL
11-01-2018, 01:42 PM
1. NDSU
2. JMU
3. UCDavis
4. SDSU
Depending on teams winning out, you can flip 2 and 3 but your still gonna get the JMU/NDSU possible final.... Im sure UCDavis would love to host JMU or SDSU at home for a semi. Im not too concerned with seeding this year as NDSU wins out if they stay healthy and protect the football, regardless of who they play. Im predicting NDSU vs. UCDavis in Frisco!!! A California team in the FCS finals wont hurt tv ratings either, other than an early morning game time start for Cali viewers.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
11-01-2018, 02:38 PM
Delaware is 10?

How shitty are the next ten?

cbline
11-01-2018, 02:46 PM
Delaware is 10?

How true! The quality drops off quickly.

Hammerhead
11-01-2018, 04:01 PM
In the current Sagarin ratings, there is 11-point gap from NDSU to JMU and 3-point gaps going from 3rd - 4th and 9th-10th.

bruinbison
11-01-2018, 04:01 PM
Delaware is 10?

A fun one outside the Top-10 I am keeping an eye on is undefeated Colgate (7-0). Here is Brian McGlaughlin’s take on it (Hero Sports). Colgate, if they win their last 2 conference games, have a Superbowl game against FBS Army (6-2) to finish the regular season. An unexpected win there would shoot them up the rankings. If Colgate could do well against Army, not winning though, then the debate for a seed is on......

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-reaction-to-first-fcs-playoff-seeding-report-ajaj

IzzyFlexion
11-01-2018, 04:19 PM
A fun one outside the Top-10 I am keeping an eye on is undefeated Colgate (7-0). Here is Brian McGlaughlin’s take on it (Hero Sports). Colgate, if they win their last 2 conference games, have a Superbowl game against Army (6-2) to finish the regular season. An unexpected win there would shoot them up the rankings. If Colgate could do well against Army, not winning though, then the debate for a seed is on......

https://m.herosports.com/fcs/football-reaction-to-first-fcs-playoff-seeding-report-ajaj

Only 1 other unbeaten is ranked lower than 7-0 Colgate (#115).

Dartmouth, also 7-0, is Sagarin's #120 team.

Army is 40th and has a record of 6-2.

Could be a winnable game for Colgate.

bruinbison
11-01-2018, 08:00 PM
More on Colgate from Eric Peterson:

https://www.inforum.com/sports/911114-Undefeated-Colgate-climbing-FCS-ranks-fueled-by-stingy-defense#.W9siHXhS9KE.twitter

Did not know this about the Patriot League:

The Patriot League doesn't allow redshirt seasons (except in the case of medical hardship waivers) and has a 60-scholarship limit. The FCS limit is 63 scholarships. Teams also have to cap their rosters at 90 players.

NDSUstudent
11-01-2018, 09:16 PM
Delaware is 10?

There are top 10 teams that I would probably take Delaware over...KSU for sure and probably EWU and Wofford as well. I do agree with CAS about UCD, I think they are the real deal and JMU still has the second best defense in the FCS.

I kind of think Delaware was at the wrong place at the wrong time that day, we played poorly against UNA and the team was ready to roll in our first "big test" of the season.

thebootfitter
11-01-2018, 09:26 PM
According to the official policy, that's not how seeding works. And I suspect that any "conspiracy theories" that the official policy is not really what is used are simply that: conspiracy theories without any basis in fact or history.

Hammerhead
11-02-2018, 01:15 AM
I used to think they fudged the numbers on the seedings to group SDSU and NDSU together, but they did put us on opposite sides of the bracket last year.

RedRiver
11-02-2018, 02:20 PM
There are top 10 teams that I would probably take Delaware over...KSU for sure and probably EWU and Wofford as well. I do agree with CAS about UCD, I think they are the real deal and JMU still has the second best defense in the FCS.

I kind of think Delaware was at the wrong place at the wrong time that day, we played poorly against UNA and the team was ready to roll in our first "big test" of the season.

I do not believe that UC Davis is the real deal. #1 they are in the Big Sky and #2 they have not beaten anyone of quality. Their conference schedule includes only one playoff team in EWU and they have not played yet.

KNOW IT ALL
11-02-2018, 03:10 PM
Delaware was one of the Bison's easiest victories this year, that score could have been nasty had the Bison wanted to make a statement. I watched the JMU vs Bison final from last year again yesterday. Forgot how close of a game that really was. Those two teams are/were head and shoulders above most all FCS teams. I have to believe that JMU has something in the tank come playoff time as good as they were last year in that final with plenty of underclassman.

thebootfitter
11-02-2018, 04:22 PM
I do not believe that UC Davis is the real deal. #1 they are in the Big Sky and #2 they have not beaten anyone of quality. Their conference schedule includes only one playoff team in EWU and they have not played yet.
Seriously?

Their only loss is 30-10 against Stanford, who at the time was the #9 FBS team. Their strength of schedule is rated something like 9th toughest in the FCS according to Sagarin. They are rated as the 7th strongest FCS team according to Sagarin. They have already beaten two likely playoff teams in Idaho State and San Diego.
UCD beat Montana. Montana is a decent team this year. Montana beat UNI and nearly beat Western Illinois.
UCD beat Idaho State. Idaho State showed well against Cal and almost beat Liberty. They also beat UND, which like it or not is a probable playoff team this year.
UCD beat FBS San Jose State. Granted SJSU is not a strong FBS team, so this point is debatable, but they still beat a better funded FBS team.
UCD beat San Diego, which is probably a stretch to consider a "quality team," but they are sitting at 6-2 and less than one year removed from a playoff win against a decent Northern Arizona team.

If you were to say that you don't believe UCD has the horses to keep up with NDSU, I'd give you some credit. But if you're suggesting they don't deserve a ranking in the Top 5 or Top 10 of FCS based on what they've accomplished this year, then I have to call you out on that, my friend. That position would suggest you're not paying much attention to the FCS landscape.

IzzyFlexion
11-02-2018, 04:42 PM
Just some objectivity regarding the Stanford vs. Cal Davis game.

Very probable NFL 1st round draft pick and stud Stanford tailback, Bryce Love, sat out of that game because of injury.

He did play the following week and racked up 93 rushing yards on 19 carries in his team's win over Oregon. Then, the following week in Stanford's 19 point loss at then #8 Notre Dame, he ran 17 times for 81 yards.

RedRiver
11-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Seriously?

Their only loss is 30-10 against Stanford, who at the time was the #9 FBS team. Their strength of schedule is rated something like 9th toughest in the FCS according to Sagarin. They are rated as the 7th strongest FCS team according to Sagarin. They have already beaten two likely playoff teams in Idaho State and San Diego.
UCD beat Montana. Montana is a decent team this year. Montana beat UNI and nearly beat Western Illinois.
UCD beat Idaho State. Idaho State showed well against Cal and almost beat Liberty. They also beat UND, which like it or not is a probable playoff team this year.
UCD beat FBS San Jose State. Granted SJSU is not a strong FBS team, so this point is debatable, but they still beat a better funded FBS team.
UCD beat San Diego, which is probably a stretch to consider a "quality team," but they are sitting at 6-2 and less than one year removed from a playoff win against a decent Northern Arizona team.

If you were to say that you don't believe UCD has the horses to keep up with NDSU, I'd give you some credit. But if you're suggesting they don't deserve a ranking in the Top 5 or Top 10 of FCS based on what they've accomplished this year, then I have to call you out on that, my friend. That position would suggest you're not paying much attention to the FCS landscape.
Yes, I am serious, but I should have qualified my thought by adding "at this time". If UC Davis beats EWU then I'll consider them the real deal. Their wins so far in the Big Sky are weak, combined record of the teams is like 17-24. Montana & Idaho St. are not at the top tier of the Big Sky. Look at the Sagarin ranking of San Jose State, they are a terrible FBS teams. San Diego is considered non-scholarship for football. As of today, how many quality wins do they have? How many wins do they have over top 15 ranked teams?

thebootfitter
11-02-2018, 07:35 PM
Yes, I am serious, but I should have qualified my thought by adding "at this time". If UC Davis beats EWU then I'll consider them the real deal. Their wins so far in the Big Sky are weak, combined record of the teams is like 17-24. Montana & Idaho St. are not at the top tier of the Big Sky. Look at the Sagarin ranking of San Jose State, they are a terrible FBS teams. San Diego is considered non-scholarship for football. As of today, how many quality wins do they have? How many wins do they have over top 15 ranked teams?
With Gubrud out for the season, I suspect they'll beat EWU handily. I think you're underselling Idaho State a bit. San Diego, regardless of scholarship status, has proven themselves in the past to be a worthy playoff team. I'd be happy to be wrong, as I am certainly not tied to UCD being a top team, but I'm pretty confident they're in a good position to win out and get a seed. I suspect they'll continue to win in the playoffs until they run into JMU or NDSU. Versus any other Valley team in the playoffs -- probably be a toss up. I'm content to let it all play out, but I suspect my position is closer to the target at this point than yours is. Fair enough if you'd rather wait to see how they do against EWU though.

slips
11-02-2018, 10:26 PM
If UC Davis wins out and wins out impressively in blowout fashion I think they will leapfrog JMU. If JMU has similar blowouts and wins out never mind JMU will stay at #2 but if they just squeek out W's I bet we will see a seed swap there when the dust settles. I fully expect Davis to not let off the gas peddle and put up some pretty crooked numbers from here on out. We see this talked about and happening in the FBS landscape and now we are going to see more of it with these FCS teams fighting for seeding position as well given how close I think teams 2-10 resumes look.

Bison 4 Life
11-02-2018, 10:40 PM
UC Davis in Frisco will be like Towson. Fitting as this team is compared to 2013.

BisonNeil
11-05-2018, 07:19 PM
If UC Davis wins out and wins out impressively in blowout fashion I think they will leapfrog JMU. If JMU has similar blowouts and wins out never mind JMU will stay at #2 but if they just squeek out W's I bet we will see a seed swap there when the dust settles. I fully expect Davis to not let off the gas peddle and put up some pretty crooked numbers from here on out. We see this talked about and happening in the FBS landscape and now we are going to see more of it with these FCS teams fighting for seeding position as well given how close I think teams 2-10 resumes look.

Well, it's not the committee ranking, just STATS, but JMU didn't drop as much as I thought they would after being manhandled by a poor New Hampshire team.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181105124458470085404

Guess it doesn't matter though, MH says JMU will play much better next Saturday.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181105141748377091404&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

totoinfl
11-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Well, it's not the committee ranking, just STATS, but JMU didn't drop as much as I thought they would after being manhandled by a poor New Hampshire team.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181105124458470085404

Guess it doesn't matter though, MH says JMU will play much better next Saturday.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181105141748377091404&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

And in the here we go again file...Jacksonville State up to 8th...moving toward getting a seed. And Sam Houston all the way out...

tolnabison
11-05-2018, 07:24 PM
And in the here we go again file...Jacksonville State up to 8th...moving toward getting a seed. And Sam Houston all the way out...

I hope so!

totoinfl
11-05-2018, 07:34 PM
Hung out at that website for a bit. They have the top 20 in FCS for various stats. Oddly enough, you don't really see that much NDSU representation...Wegner is 9th in punting, I think stick was 4th in yards per completion...other than that...nothing...I think J Cox would be on the list for interceptions, but that page looked really messed up. My point being, the Bison really are a football team...not overly reliant on any one player offensively to be successful....now i understand why opposing coaches lose their minds trying to prepare for us.

ndsubison1
11-05-2018, 09:46 PM
JSU still has to play Kennesaw.

NDSU1980
11-05-2018, 09:56 PM
And 5-4 UNI is 22. That should frost a few people up at UN_.

KC Bison
11-05-2018, 09:59 PM
But, UNI actually has wins over good teams, unlike und.

Vet70
11-05-2018, 10:06 PM

But, but SHSU.....

Mr Meaty
11-05-2018, 10:55 PM
But, but SHSU.....

Beat me to that comment

KilldeerBison
11-05-2018, 10:58 PM

UND could get points for Bubba's shoes? Lots of toe 2 toe.

CAS4127
11-05-2018, 11:00 PM

UNI lost to Montana, UN_ beat them handily. It’s an odd year in FCS.

tjbison
11-05-2018, 11:16 PM
UNI lost to Montana, UN_ beat them handily. It’s an odd year in FCS.

and Montana lost to WIU

GOBISON123
11-05-2018, 11:17 PM
JMU loss might be a fluke event. Kinda reminds me of Bison loss against Sycamores few years ago when Brock threw 4 interceptions.

TAILG8R
11-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Maybe but myself and others said before the season started that we felt they just wouldn't be as good this year. Two FCS losses and a loss to a beatable FBS. Doesn't seem like a fluke to me.
JMU loss might be a fluke event. Kinda reminds me of Bison loss against Sycamores few years ago when Brock threw 4 interceptions.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
11-05-2018, 11:43 PM

Which two losses is the fluke?

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 11:56 PM
Maybe but myself and others said before the season started that we felt they just wouldn't be as good this year. Two FCS losses and a loss to a beatable FBS. Doesn't seem like a fluke to me.

Their bubble has burst. They are a hot mess at QB and the transfer train has predictably led them off the cliff.

wagsabison
11-06-2018, 12:10 AM

I’d agree with their loss to Elon but not the New Hampshire one.

EC8CH
11-06-2018, 03:23 AM
Their bubble has burst. They are a hot mess at QB and the transfer train has predictably led them off the cliff.

I don't see how you sustain success with transfers regularly filling key positions like QB and RB. Has to be hard to sustain a winning culture that way.

Bison56
11-06-2018, 11:15 AM
I don't see how you sustain success with transfers regularly filling key positions like QB and RB. Has to be hard to sustain a winning culture that way.

They will call it a rebuilding year.

56BISON73
11-06-2018, 11:19 AM

Jsu and shsu are the same way.

cbline
11-06-2018, 12:11 PM
They will call it a rebuilding year.

Building a Culture > Quick fixes

Professor Chaos
11-06-2018, 01:20 PM
At least the director of NCAA championships shouldn't have to worry about hate mail "streaming" into his inbox in the days leading up to Frisco this year...

Bison56
11-06-2018, 01:24 PM

Maybe they ran out of streamers:biggrin:

Bisonator98
11-06-2018, 01:27 PM

Yeah no. They got their fannies wooped. Their offense has looked like crap most of the season. Their defense is still pretty good but there's trouble in the burg. Houston doesn't have much of a track record of sustained success. He's only been HC 2 other places for 5 total seasons. We'll see if he's worth that big money he got.

NEBison
11-06-2018, 02:49 PM
Yeah no. They got their fannies wooped. Their offense has looked like crap most of the season. Their defense is still pretty good but there's trouble in the burg. Houston doesn't have much of a track record of sustained success. He's only been HC 2 other places for 5 total seasons. We'll see if he's worth that big money he got.

I still think JMU is good but it just goes to show how hard it is to win in a good conference against teams who are familiar with you.

bisonaudit
11-10-2018, 04:25 AM
Apparently the MVFC rep on the committee just spent his interview with McFeeley talking about how good the CAA is. So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

gumby013
11-10-2018, 10:49 AM
Apparently the MVFC rep on the committee just spent his interview with McFeeley talking about how good the CAA is. So we’ve got that going for us, which is nice.

Hopefully Delaware is the CAA champ.

Professor Chaos
11-10-2018, 12:42 PM
This year I don't think it makes a bit of difference who's on the committee or how they feel about the MVFC/NDSU for the Bison's placement. All that matters is the luck of "the draw" (and even that shouldn't matter much).

It is kind of dumb though how the MVFC rep on the selection committee for the last 5 years has been from one of only 2 MVFC schools that hasn't made the playoffs in the last 5 years.

DIBISON
11-11-2018, 12:41 AM
With Gubrud out for the season, I suspect they'll beat EWU handily. I think you're underselling Idaho State a bit. San Diego, regardless of scholarship status, has proven themselves in the past to be a worthy playoff team. I'd be happy to be wrong, as I am certainly not tied to UCD being a top team, but I'm pretty confident they're in a good position to win out and get a seed. I suspect they'll continue to win in the playoffs until they run into JMU or NDSU. Versus any other Valley team in the playoffs -- probably be a toss up. I'm content to let it all play out, but I suspect my position is closer to the target at this point than yours is. Fair enough if you'd rather wait to see how they do against EWU though.

Well, it looks like Davis was not the team you thought they were, 59 - 20!!

DIBISON
11-11-2018, 12:43 AM

You sure hit that nail on the head.

BisonNeil
11-11-2018, 12:47 AM
Hopefully Delaware is the CAA champ.

I may be wrong but I think Maine is in the drivers seat and in lone possession of first place. Don’t think Delaware can win it.

bruinbison
11-11-2018, 12:47 AM

Is this the same guy who was on late during the Bison game?
I did like his logic that, with today’s results* and so few MVFC teams in the playoffs (Bison, Jacks, maybe ISU Blue at 7-4)
that NDSU-SDSU should be paired in opposite brackets.

*ISU Red, Northern Iowa and Western Illinois all losing

bisonaudit
11-11-2018, 01:07 AM
I’m not sure why anyone, let alone the conference’s representative on the selection committee, is accepting the notion that the MVFC is only a two or three bid league.

KNOW IT ALL
11-12-2018, 04:48 PM
Seed the Bison at #1, Let the others worry about themselves, Challenge somebody to come into the dome and walk away a winner!!! I hope the CAA gets a pile of teams in and they get whopped the first two weeks. Nothing will change as the polls will favor the CAA teams again next year.

thebootfitter
11-12-2018, 05:09 PM
Well, it looks like Davis was not the team you thought they were, 59 - 20!!
I didn't see the game or even pay attention to it, but the result did surprise me. Both because EWU might still be better than I expected without Gubrud and because Davis might not be as strong as I thought. Though if anyone saw the game, I'd be curious whether there was some underlying current other than what the final score says.

bajadanny
11-12-2018, 05:19 PM
I didn't see the game or even pay attention to it, but the result did surprise me. Both because EWU might still be better than I expected without Gubrud and because Davis might not be as strong as I thought. Though if anyone saw the game, I'd be curious whether there was some underlying current other than what the final score says.

Ewu threw a pass last play of the game extra td

X-Factor
11-12-2018, 05:20 PM
Seed the Bison at #1, Let the others worry about themselves, Challenge somebody to come into the dome and walk away a winner!!! I hope the CAA gets a pile of teams in and they get whopped the first two weeks. Nothing will change as the polls will favor the CAA teams again next year.

This sounds like a whiny JMU fan but in reverse. RELAX. Who gives an F how many the CAA gets in the playoffs or next year’s polls? FACT, their conf alignment is more conducive to more teams getting 7, 8, 9 wins than MVFC. None of that matters because a 24 team playoff is LOL worthy as it is.

ndsubison1
11-12-2018, 05:28 PM
UCD had 5 turnovers in that game. I wouldn't suddenly call them bad after 1 game. It does appear to be that EWUs defense is better than in the past. For some reason it doesnt seem to matter who they have at QB.

KNOW IT ALL
11-12-2018, 06:03 PM
This sounds like a whiny JMU fan but in reverse. RELAX. Who gives an F how many the CAA gets in the playoffs or next year’s polls? FACT, their conf alignment is more conducive to more teams getting 7, 8, 9 wins than MVFC. None of that matters because a 24 team playoff is LOL worthy as it is.

"OK, I see, WHAT??????"

Honeybooboo
11-12-2018, 06:11 PM

EWU has another QB that can sling it, i watched several minutes each qtr, Davis could stop them, and their Offense obviously has not been tested all year

not sure how to gauge either team

IzzyFlexion
11-12-2018, 06:15 PM
Notes from the UC Davis/EWU game:

Davis only scored 3 points in the 2nd half.
EWU had 669 yards of offense. (372 on the ground!)
EWU average yards per play: 7.1
Surprisingly, the Eagles did punt 5 times.
EWU Time of Possession: 37:15. (22:45 for UC Davis)

tjbison
11-12-2018, 06:36 PM
Notes from the UC Davis/EWU game:

Davis only scored 3 points in the 2nd half.
EWU had 669 yards of offense. (372 on the ground!)
EWU average yards per play: 7.1
Surprisingly, the Eagles did punt 5 times.
EWU Time of Possession: 37:15. (22:45 for UC Davis)

Weather favored EWU, also

CAS4127
11-12-2018, 06:57 PM
EWU has another QB that can sling it, i watched several minutes each qtr, Davis could stop them, and their Offense obviously has not been tested all year

not sure how to gauge either team

And he can run—very quick and fast.

UCD has a good starting lineup on both sides, but lacks depth, especially Dline. They were gassed.

Bison 4 Life
11-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Has any team taken a bigger nosedive than ISUr? I mean, NDSU absolutely killed their season, it seems.

DIBISON
11-12-2018, 07:15 PM

UCD has a good starting lineup on both sides, but lacks depth, especially Dline. They were gassed.

Their defense is terrible. Everyone had them ranked and seeded but they had not played anybody. Now they play a team in EWU and give up 59 points and get blown out. Doesn't matter about the weather or being gassed, if you are considered a top 4 team you just don't get blown out like that. Especially at the end of the regular season. I don't believe that UCD is a top 10 team.

DIBISON
11-12-2018, 07:15 PM

Their defense is terrible. Everyone had them ranked and seeded but they had not played anybody. Now they play a team in EWU and give up 59 points and get blown out. Doesn't matter about the weather or being gassed, if you are considered a top 4 team you just don't get blown out like that. Especially at the end of the regular season. I don't believe that UCD is a top 10 team.

RedRiver
11-12-2018, 09:30 PM
with gubrud out for the season, i suspect they'll beat ewu handily. I think you're underselling idaho state a bit. San diego, regardless of scholarship status, has proven themselves in the past to be a worthy playoff team. I'd be happy to be wrong, as i am certainly not tied to ucd being a top team, but i'm pretty confident they're in a good position to win out and get a seed. I suspect they'll continue to win in the playoffs until they run into jmu or ndsu. Versus any other valley team in the playoffs -- probably be a toss up. I'm content to let it all play out, but i suspect my position is closer to the target at this point than yours is. Fair enough if you'd rather wait to see how they do against ewu though.

ewu 59 ucd 20.

El_Chapo
11-01-2019, 02:45 AM
what day is this happening? this sunday or next Wednesday?

southcliffbison
11-01-2019, 03:12 AM
what day is this happening? this sunday or next Wednesday?

If you're scoring at home, it's Wednesday.

89MTBISON
11-01-2019, 03:27 AM
Here's a blurb http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20191030102209988257604&ref=hea&tm=&src=FCS

stevdock
11-01-2019, 11:35 AM
Let's just hope they actually put thought into this unlike a few years ago

EC8CH
11-01-2019, 11:39 AM
Let's just hope they actually put thought into this unlike a few years ago

Bwahahahaha!

El_Chapo
11-01-2019, 01:30 PM
is it true that this is the only ranking until selection sunday? so odd.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2019, 01:32 PM
is it true that this is the only ranking until selection sunday? so odd.
Yep, last year was the same way. They released one ranking on 10/31 (which was pretty good I thought) and that was it until Selection Sunday. In 2016 and 2017 I believe there were 2 releases.

El_Chapo
11-01-2019, 01:50 PM
pointless imo.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2019, 01:56 PM
pointless imo.
On the contrary, I think these are the only rankings that aren't pointless.

El_Chapo
11-01-2019, 01:57 PM
On the contrary, I think these are the only rankings that aren't pointless.

pointless in only doing it 1 time

Professor Chaos
11-01-2019, 02:01 PM
pointless in only doing it 1 time
Yeah, it would be better if they did them every week from here on out like the CFP selection committee does. I'm nearly positive they've been voting and conversing over a conference call about their consensus rankings for the last week or two if not more. I think they learned in 2016 when they released their rankings for the first time with, by the selection committee chair's own admission, no discussion amongst themselves beforehand that they need to smooth out the rough edges before putting something like that out again. For the last couple years I've thought their rankings were better than what the STATS and Coaches polls had at the time of their release.

bisontown
11-01-2019, 02:03 PM
Absolutely pointless. There are 4 weeks left in the season. Who cares who is ranked where right now. Especially if its like last year when the committee basically drew names out of a hat. Bison #1, JMU #2. After that its not even relevant.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2019, 02:06 PM
Absolutely pointless. There are 4 weeks left in the season. Who cares who is ranked where right now. Especially if its like last year when the committee basically drew names out of a hat. Bison #1, JMU #2. After that its not even relevant.
Maybe you don't but I'd prefer a little insight and transparency into how the committee sees things right now. For instance I'll be interested to see how the committee ranks SDSU in comparison to the winner of the Big Sky showdown this week between Sac St and Weber St for the #3 and #4 spots.

You're also confusing last year for 2016. Since that initial ranking in 2016 that was a disaster they've done a pretty good job IMO of being fair and putting out a reasoned set of rankings. Like I said earlier, they've done it better than the STATS and Coaches poll have been doing at the time.

NDSU92
11-01-2019, 02:15 PM
Maybe we need to set up a committee to rank the current ranking committee among previous ranking committees?

El_Chapo
11-01-2019, 02:36 PM

bingo. just fat guys on a committee trying to prove that they are working or watching. haha

bisontown
11-01-2019, 03:27 PM
Maybe we need to set up a committee to rank the current ranking committee among previous ranking committees?

Now we are getting somewhere!! LOL

El_Chapo
11-01-2019, 04:13 PM
Now we are getting somewhere!! LOL

oh boy.............

scottietohottie
11-01-2019, 04:18 PM
I'll burn some sage to bless the committee.

89MTBISON
11-01-2019, 04:27 PM

This has a familiar ring to it, where have I heard something like this before.

Christopher Moen
11-01-2019, 04:32 PM

Absolutely NO! Last thing the FCS needs is allowing the F’Hawkers to get involved and ruin everything like they’ve done in the past.

Mr Meaty
11-01-2019, 05:51 PM

Are we now UND?????

bisonaudit
11-02-2019, 01:39 AM

I think bashing these clowns week after week would get tiresome. Twice a year is fine. #committeefatigue

GreenfieldBison
11-02-2019, 02:10 AM
Anyone have any success identifying the committee members? I struck out so far.

Hammersmith
11-02-2019, 02:58 AM
Anyone have any success identifying the committee members? I struck out so far.

Here we go:

Big South - Eugene Marshall Jr. - Hampton
OVC - Greg Seitz - Jacksonville State - Chair
Big Sky - Kent Haslam - Montana
MVFC - Kyle Moats - Missouri State
Southern - Randy Eaton - Western Carolina
Pioneer - Timothy S. Murray - Marist
NEC - William Smith - Bryant
Southland - Matt Roan - Nicholls State
CAA - Thorr Bjorn - Rhode Island
Patriot - Jermaine Truax - Bucknell

GreenfieldBison
11-02-2019, 03:02 AM
Here we go:

Big South - Eugene Marshall Jr. - Hampton
OVC - Greg Seitz - Jacksonville State - Chair
Big Sky - Kent Haslam - Montana
MVFC - Kyle Moats - Missouri State
Southern - Randy Eaton - Western Carolina
Pioneer - Timothy S. Murray - Marist
NEC - William Smith - Bryant
Southland - Matt Roan - Nicholls State
CAA - Thorr Bjorn - Rhode Island
Patriot - Jermaine Truax - Bucknell

Props to you dude! You must be a Google ninja!!! Thanks.

Hammersmith
11-02-2019, 03:04 AM
Props to you dude! You must be a Google ninja!!! Thanks.

Was a bitch until I finally came across the actual name of the committee. All the news sources call it the FCS Playoff Selection Committee, but it's actually the Division I Football Championship Committee. Use the correct search term and boom, there it is. lol

GreenfieldBison
11-02-2019, 03:16 AM
Was a bitch until I finally came across the actual name of the committee. All the news sources call it the FCS Playoff Selection Committee, but it's actually the Division I Football Championship Committee. Use the correct search term and boom, there it is. lol

Regardless, I yield to my superior.

As soon as I tire of listening to these blues tonight I’m gonna send a missive or two off to these folks and make sure they are attuned to the ascendency of the MVFC.

89MTBISON
11-07-2019, 02:10 AM
New Effing Hampshire at #10, that alone is a joke.https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2019-11-06/north-dakota-state-no-1-unh-rounds-out-ncaa-di-football

TAILG8R
11-07-2019, 02:12 AM
Top-10 Rankings (record through games played on Nov.*2):

North Dakota State (9-0)

James Madison (8-1)

Weber State (7-2)

South Dakota State (7-2)

Sacramento State (6-3)

UNI (6-3)

Central Arkansas (7-2)

Montana (7-2)

Furman (6-3)

New Hampshire (5-3)

TAILG8R
11-07-2019, 02:13 AM
Every time I bother to look past the top 5 of any FCS poll I am reminded how many light years NDSU is ahead of the entire division.

Bison03
11-07-2019, 02:17 AM
Games on 11/16 are going to shake these rankings up with UNI playing SDSU and Weber playing Montana.

ndsubison1
11-07-2019, 02:17 AM
Is it me or are we heading towards a shit ton of teams finishing with 5-7 losses?

Christopher Moen
11-07-2019, 02:20 AM
Top-10 Rankings (record through games played on Nov.*2):

North Dakota State (9-0)

James Madison (8-1)

Weber State (7-2)

South Dakota State (7-2)

Sacramento State (6-3)

UNI (6-3)

Central Arkansas (7-2)

Montana (7-2)

Furman (6-3)

New Hampshire (5-3)

They're there for one reason - to give JMU a "signature" victory and reason why they should be #2 if Weber State and/or SDSU win the rest of their respective games.

EC8CH
11-07-2019, 02:37 AM
They're there for one reason - to give JMU a "signature" victory and reason why they should be #2 if Weber State and/or SDSU win the rest of their respective games.

I said it's because no way MVFC or Big Sky gets 4 and CAA only gets 1, but your explanation makes sense too.

89MTBISON
11-07-2019, 02:43 AM
Okay I'm not pulling any punches on this one, UNH is fucking 23 in the Stats poll and fucking 25 in the coaches fucking poll. That's fucked up. First time in my life I'll be pulling for JMU to absolutely slaughter an opppnent.

TAILG8R
11-07-2019, 03:04 AM
Okay I'm not pulling any punches on this one, UNH is fucking 23 in the Stats poll and fucking 25 in the coaches fucking poll. That's fucked up. First time in my life I'll be pulling for JMU to absolutely slaughter an opppnent.But that will just make JMU look better than they are for beating the "#10 team"

NDSU92
11-07-2019, 04:07 AM
New Hampshire has naked pictures of someone important. For 8 years now they’ve been overrated every single year

Professor Chaos
11-07-2019, 04:25 AM
New Hampshire is going to have their work cut for them just to get to 7-4 (they only play 11 games this year). They probably won't win at JMU this Saturday which would drop them to 5-4. Then they finish at Albany and vs Maine in a rivalry game and they need both of those to get to 7-4. Really odd to see them at #10. They're #20 in the AGS Poll, #23 in the STATS Poll, and #25 in the Coaches Poll so the committee is obviously seeing something the rest of us aren't seeing (or aren't seeing something the rest of us are seeing).

El_Chapo
11-07-2019, 04:31 AM
does anyone really care as long as NDSU is #1
? I dont

southcliffbison
11-07-2019, 10:46 AM
? I dont

I'm tired of seeing SDSU in our potential bracket.

scottietohottie
11-07-2019, 10:47 AM
I tired of seeing SDSU in our potential bracket.

Well you better hope they drop a game because they're looking like the 4 seed.

southcliffbison
11-07-2019, 10:57 AM

Or, just climb into the 2 or 3 slot; Weebs State has to go into UMSU-Missoula branch to play the Griz; tough game, could lose. Three weeks left of the season and much could change.

stevdock
11-07-2019, 11:46 AM
One thing that was learned from this I believe, that I agree with, is that quality wins are rated higher than quality losses (no matter the score).

SDSU's two losses are to two undefeated (for this week) teams but a TD in each game.

Weber's two losses are to two FBS teams both by 6 points, but Nevada is 5-4 and San Diego St is 7-1.

Quality wins SDSU has none. Weber has beaten about half of the top 10. Which also says the committee took the lazy way out and gave JMU the 2 spot since they have beaten absolutely nobody with 1 FBS loss to a 3-5 FBS team by a TD compared to Weber's 2 FBS losses.

So out of those 3 teams, what did we learn about the committee? Absolutely nothing since they contradicted themselves or were too lazy to look up the differences between those 3 teams.

HerdistheWord
11-07-2019, 11:48 AM
New Hampshire is going to have their work cut for them just to get to 7-4 (they only play 11 games this year). They probably won't win at JMU this Saturday which would drop them to 5-4. Then they finish at Albany and vs Maine in a rivalry game and they need both of those to get to 7-4. Really odd to see them at #10. They're #20 in the AGS Poll, #23 in the STATS Poll, and #25 in the Coaches Poll so the committee is obviously seeing something the rest of us aren't seeing (or aren't seeing something the rest of us are seeing).

I think UNH benefits from the lack of clarity in ranking after the first 8 teams or so. So many teams have head-scratching loses this year.

NDSU1980
11-07-2019, 12:01 PM

Well if the rabbits do lose a game they just be ranked 5 or 8. Our side of the bracket no matter what.

Professor Chaos
11-07-2019, 12:09 PM
? I dont
I don't care that you don't care.

AKBison
11-07-2019, 12:51 PM

I'm tired of playing the Jack's in the playoffs. Here's to hoping MT can pull off the W against Weber. Ndsu vs MT and JMU vs SDSU would be an awesome semifinal weekend though.

El_Chapo
11-07-2019, 12:53 PM

thanks for your support

after 4-5 it's really a crapshoot

tjbison
11-07-2019, 01:21 PM

had to have 2 from the MIGHTY CAA

Professor Chaos
11-07-2019, 01:31 PM
I'm tired of playing the Jack's in the playoffs. Here's to hoping MT can pull off the W against Weber. Ndsu vs MT and JMU vs SDSU would be an awesome semifinal weekend though.
Well, if the historical pattern is any guide there won't be an SDSU/NDSU matchup in this year's playoffs. They've met in 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2018. Odd numbered years FTW!

123Gobison
11-07-2019, 01:40 PM
? I dont

SDSU is a Dome team, considering how they played us in the past and how it took Carson and RJ to create a miracle to win during the past few encounters, I wouldnt sleep on them.

Professor Chaos
11-07-2019, 01:46 PM
SDSU is a Dome team, considering how they played us in the past and how it took Carson and RJ to create a miracle to win during the past few encounters, I wouldnt sleep on them.
Well, they've came to the dome in the playoffs twice since then, with better teams for that matter, and gotten trucked.

It's kind of strange how worried a lot of you are about where SDSU is at in the bracket. Gives credence to their fans growing egos about them catching NDSU in terms of being a program and that we're scared of seeing them in the playoffs. Send SDSU to the Fargodome in the 2nd round for all I care. If the Bison are on their game, which they tend to be in the playoffs, there's no FCS team including SDSU that can hang with them.

JMB
11-07-2019, 01:47 PM
? I dont

Yep... (As others have said) I am interested in what teams may be inline to play NDSU in the Fargodome. On that list, the only "new" team that NDSU hasn't played is Central Arkansas, correct?

heffray
11-07-2019, 01:59 PM
Yep... (As others have said) I am interested in what teams may be inline to play NDSU in the Fargodome. On that list, the only "new" team that NDSU hasn't played is Central Arkansas, correct?

I’d like to see Weber play in the dome. It’s been a few years since they gave us a scare in Utah.

Bison03
11-07-2019, 02:13 PM
As much as Fargo media, and people here and on social media want to bitch and moan about the conspiracy theory that they put NDSU and SDSU on the same side just to get one of them knocked off, it simply is not true. The committee has stated that they do not look at adjusting seatings to prevent or cause that. That said they rank the seeded teams 1-8 and then determine the thanksgiving games, leaning on travel and location, after that. 2 years ago, the Jacks actually were on the opposite aide of the bracket. They could have met in Frisco had they not turned on the turnover machine in Harrisonburg in the semis.

southcliffbison
11-07-2019, 02:27 PM
Personally, I don't believe anything the selection committee says. You know and I know they don't want two teams from the MVFC in Frisco (looks really bad for their precious CAA). If the Jacks would lose an upcoming game and if the Bison would lose also (Heaven forbid), watch the selection committee throw out their criteria and rewrite a chapter in their book "Creative Bracketing 101"

Professor Chaos
11-07-2019, 02:31 PM
Personally, I don't believe anything the selection committee says. You know and I know they don't want two teams from the MVFC in Frisco (looks really bad for their precious CAA). If the Jacks would lose an upcoming game and if the Bison would lose also (Heaven forbid), watch the selection committee throw out their criteria and rewrite a chapter in their book "Creative Bracketing 101"
How do you "know" that? People see what they want to see. Where was this anti-Bison/MVFC conspiracy at 2 years ago when NDSU and SDSU were on opposite sides of the bracket as the top 2 teams in the conference and NDSU got the perceived easier path to the championship despite being the #2 seed than JMU did as the #1 seed?

NDSU92
11-07-2019, 02:39 PM
I’d like to see Weber play in the dome. It’s been a few years since they gave us a scare in Utah.

I’d like to see Sac State, Weber Or Montana. The CAA is soft and boring. Besides JMU there’s no quality. I was really hoping for Villanova or Towson to emerge as another strong team but they really shit the bed during conference play.

If we get SDSU or Sammy again in the semifinals I’m going to be thoroughly disappointed. I’ve seen those movies too many times already.

heffray
11-07-2019, 02:41 PM
As much as Fargo media, and people here and on social media want to bitch and moan about the conspiracy theory that they put NDSU and SDSU on the same side just to get one of them knocked off, it simply is not true. The committee has stated that they do not look at adjusting seatings to prevent or cause that. That said they rank the seeded teams 1-8 and then determine the thanksgiving games, leaning on travel and location, after that. 2 years ago, the Jacks actually were on the opposite aide of the bracket. They could have met in Frisco had they not turned on the turnover machine in Harrisonburg in the semis.

Yeah. I think SDSU at 4 is very fair. Weber should absolutely be 2, they have a much better resume than JMU, and will have an even better one when they beat the Griz in Missoula.

heffray
11-07-2019, 02:44 PM
I’d like to see Sac State, Weber Or Montana. The CAA is soft and boring. Besides JMU there’s no quality. I was really hoping for Villanova or Towson to emerge as another strong team but they really shit the bed during conference play.

If we get SDSU or Sammy again in the semifinals I’m going to be thoroughly disappointed. I’ve seen those movies too many times already.

I think both of those teams have had a tough slate of injuries, but you’re right. Was hoping for some competition for the Dukes this year.

fmfantasy
11-07-2019, 03:07 PM
Well, they've came to the dome in the playoffs twice since then, with better teams for that matter, and gotten trucked.

It's kind of strange how worried a lot of you are about where SDSU is at in the bracket. Gives credence to their fans growing egos about them catching NDSU in terms of being a program and that we're scared of seeing them in the playoffs. Send SDSU to the Fargodome in the 2nd round for all I care. If the Bison are on their game, which they tend to be in the playoffs, there's no FCS team including SDSU that can hang with them.

can anyone name another team in any sport that worries so much about a team they are 12-2 against the last decade and won half the games by 20 plus?? be like Patriots fans crapping themselves on Jets week..

Bison56
11-07-2019, 04:18 PM
I guess I must be missing why JMU is so high, they haven't been really impressive at all this year.

Bison 4 Life
11-07-2019, 04:25 PM
I guess I must be missing why JMU is so high, they haven't been really impressive at all this year.

Didn't you hear? They are the real dynasty

JMB
11-07-2019, 04:25 PM

I am curious where you think they should be? (And this is meant in an honest, non-asshole way.) I could see swapping them with Weber State (which may happen by the end of the year), but I don't know if I would bump them below SDSU.... I mean they still are undefeated in the FCS and playing from a "power conference".

Bison56
11-07-2019, 04:54 PM
I am curious where you think they should be? (And this is meant in an honest, non-asshole way.) I could see swapping them with Weber State (which may happen by the end of the year), but I don't know if I would bump them below SDSU.... I mean they still are undefeated in the FCS and playing from a "power conference".

I agree with what you said, its the talk about they are head and shoulders above all the other teams is what confuses me.

JMB
11-07-2019, 05:07 PM
I agree with what you said, its the talk about they are head and shoulders above all the other teams is what confuses me.

I haven't watched them enough to provide an intelligent comment. I suspect the Top 4 are the correct top 4. I am not sure any of the Top 4 are without weaknesses.

X-Factor
11-07-2019, 11:51 PM
Typical SDSU fashion will be to trend toward a 4 seed then bomb a game at the end and get #8 or play in and immediately get sent through Fargo.

Bison56
11-08-2019, 12:46 AM
Didn't you hear? They are the real dynasty

Yeah they are officially more delusional than JSU fans.

bisonaudit
11-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Central Arkansas in a bye position is my biggest issue with this ranking, Montana should be seeded instead. Followed by UNH appearing at all, they’re probably the 4th best team in the CAA. The rest of it isn’t bad.

stevdock
11-08-2019, 11:36 AM

I think you could make a logical argument for SDSU to be 3 and JMU to be 4. I've said many times over the last 8 years that teams that play us should almost look at that as an FBS game. I know we're not FBS, but I don't know if a team should be punished for that, especially when it comes down to 1 play. SDSU's two losses are against teams that haven't lost yet, where as JMU's loss was to a 3-5 team. If SDSU wins out and JMU wins out I think SDSU would then have the better resume and could jump JMU. It won't happen as the committee will not open themselves up to that, but the argument could be made.

tjbison
11-08-2019, 11:53 AM
I think you could make a logical argument for SDSU to be 3 and JMU to be 4. I've said many times over the last 8 years that teams that play us should almost look at that as an FBS game. I know we're not FBS, but I don't know if a team should be punished for that, especially when it comes down to 1 play. SDSU's two losses are against teams that haven't lost yet, where as JMU's loss was to a 3-5 team. If SDSU wins out and JMU wins out I think SDSU would then have the better resume and could jump JMU. It won't happen as the committee will not open themselves up to that, but the argument could be made.

SDSU also has their best win as SIU, they need to beat ISU-R and UNI

X-Factor
11-08-2019, 12:17 PM
SDSU also has their best win as SIU, they need to beat ISU-R and UNI

Yahtzee. SDSU wins to date are very pedestrian and JMU has the better resume from a win column standpoint. Quality losses? Sure, give the funnies the trophy for that

The next few weeks in funny land will make/break their season and only then can we talk about them over JMU. I fully expect them to beat ISUr, UNI could be a tough one.

EC8CH
11-08-2019, 01:36 PM
Yahtzee. SDSU wins to date are very pedestrian and JMU has the better resume from a win column standpoint. Quality losses? Sure, give the funnies the trophy for that

The next few weeks in funny land will make/break their season and only then can we talk about them over JMU. I fully expect them to beat ISUr, UNI could be a tough one.

I agree that if the Bunnies win out they should be ranked ahead of JMU, but I doubt the committee would do the right thing.

Mr Pep Band
11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
I really hope NH beats JMU. Puts them in their place and bumps up SDSU to where they belong, 2 seed, maybe the 3 seed at worst if they win out.

It isn't going to happen, but its nice to dream.