PDA

View Full Version : Looking ahead... Who's after Klieman?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MankatoBison
10-26-2018, 05:21 PM
I dont know anything you dont, but I would imagine that Klieman gets a better offer to Coach elsewhere at the end of the year..

Who do you think is on the short list to replace him? Do we automaically get a "NDSU Guy", or do we go outside our bubble (although it is an excellent bubble).

If we get an outside guy... is Bob Nielsen on that list?

Professor Chaos
10-26-2018, 05:26 PM
I dont know anything you dont, but I would imagine that Klieman gets a better offer to Coach elsewhere at the end of the year..

Who do you think is on the short list to replace him? Do we automaically get a "NDSU Guy", or do we go outside our bubble (although it is an excellent bubble).

Ideally you promote from within given the massive positive momentum of the program. That's not always possible depending on where the outgoing HC is going. If he gets a high profile DC job somewhere then I'd say it's Entz/Messingham/Hedberg (although he's getting kinda old) as the prime candidates. Polasek maybe as well.

It they do look outside, and I think that's a pretty big risk, they should attract an impressive pool of applicants I'd say.

yopaulie
10-26-2018, 05:53 PM
Ideally you promote from within given the massive positive momentum of the program. That's not always possible depending on where the outgoing HC is going. If he gets a high profile DC job somewhere then I'd say it's Entz/Messingham/Hedberg (although he's getting kinda old) as the prime candidates. Polasek maybe as well.

It they do look outside, and I think that's a pretty big risk, they should attract an impressive pool of applicants I'd say.

Hazelton...

BadlandsBison
10-26-2018, 05:54 PM
It would be smart for iowa or iowa state to get chris on their staff imho.

Herd
10-26-2018, 05:57 PM

Nielsen, Bob Stitt, Layne Kiffen, Chip Kelly . . . I saw the short list. We be going up tempo, following the 2011 Griz blueprint.

Bison 4 Life
10-26-2018, 05:58 PM
I keep saying this. He was already a FBS assistant and saw what his mentor, Terry Allen went through making the jump. It isn't terrible to be successful and comfortable.

JMB
10-26-2018, 06:02 PM
Bisonville - We call plays via internet poll.

A) Run the Damn Ball Left
B) Run the Damn Ball Right
C) Run the Damn Ball Middle
D) Pass

Kinda like Techmo Bowl.

Herd
10-26-2018, 06:03 PM
If he goes, I'm guessing Clemson or Georgia DC.

Guys for consideration. Entz, Polasek, Hazeltine
Down the Road: Roehl, GO
What to Avoid: Total outside move with system change. No rowing of boat.

bajadanny
10-26-2018, 06:05 PM

Coach Hedberg is just where we need him and where he is staying, I hope for a long time, he is By far the best in that category.
St. Thomas Tommies head coach is a past Bizun assistant & good at what he does

Hammerhead
10-26-2018, 06:06 PM
John Gruden (no purple intended) He'll be finished in the NFL soon and likes NDSU.

JMB
10-26-2018, 06:08 PM
Coach Hedberg is just where we need him and where he is staying, I hope for a long time, he is By far the best in that category.

I was going to toss Glenn Caruso's name in as well. Not sure what the Bisonville horde would think about someone jumping from D3 to FCS.

EC8CH
10-26-2018, 06:16 PM

If I was forced to pick a HC coach from the MVFC, Nielsen would be my pick.

Bison 4 Life
10-26-2018, 06:20 PM

Laqua or Hunt wouldn't need to go as far.

Professor Chaos
10-26-2018, 06:27 PM
Bisonville would love the speed-em-up spread offense. :rofl:

WestSideRabbit
10-26-2018, 06:28 PM

Personally, I wouldn't touch Nielsen. Yes, he has a decent track record but his teams are always undisciplined and he takes plenty of risks on the recruiting trail. The whole character vs. talent meter is a bit out of whack for my taste.

I think you guys could do better but I don't have a name for ya.

coyotecrazie5
10-26-2018, 06:33 PM
Personally, I wouldn't touch Nielsen. Yes, he has a decent track record but his teams are always undisciplined and he takes plenty of risks on the recruiting trail. The whole character vs. talent meter is a bit out of whack for my taste.

I think you guys could do better but I don't have a name for ya.

Lol, coming from a fan of the biggest out of whack character of a coach in the country. Fine by me, we will keep Nielsen.

Bison 4 Life
10-26-2018, 06:50 PM
Lol, coming from a fan of the biggest out of whack character of a coach in the country. Fine by me, we will keep Nielsen.

If we offered Nielsen, there would be a trail of fire up I-29 like in the Road Runner cartoons.

that said. He's too old. No way jose.

MankatoBison
10-26-2018, 06:55 PM

INTERESTING , Never considered him before!

BisManBison
10-26-2018, 06:57 PM
Nobody mentioned Vigen yet? He would have to be given consideration wouldn't he?

Bison 4 Life
10-26-2018, 06:58 PM
Nobody mentioned Vigen yet? He would have to be given consideration wouldn't he?

We already have a thread for him. Would save time.

aces1180
10-26-2018, 07:01 PM

Yes! Stig is a huge piece of shit and I'm happy to state that everytime his name is mentioned.

Christopher Moen
10-26-2018, 07:07 PM

I don't believe he'll come back ever. He makes pretty good money right now as an OC.

With that said, I stick with the guy I said a few years ago would be ideal for the position - Roehl!!!

KTF
10-26-2018, 07:08 PM
Babich(?) (severe purple)

goyotes
10-26-2018, 07:23 PM
If we offered Nielsen, there would be a trail of fire up I-29 like in the Road Runner cartoons.

that said. He's too old. No way joose.

I corrected your spelling error

Vet70
10-26-2018, 07:32 PM
This topic is becoming an annual ritual.

Bisonator98
10-26-2018, 07:36 PM
I'd think there are only a few jobs Klieman would be interested. I think he sticks around for awhile yet.

DORMIE
10-26-2018, 07:46 PM
A friend of mind from SD told me a couple of weeks ago that Nielsen's wife
told him that this was the last stop. Not moving again.

NEBison
10-26-2018, 08:07 PM
K.C. Keeler? Boy can his teams score

NEBison
10-26-2018, 08:08 PM
K.C. Keeler? Boy can his teams score

Before I get murdered, that was supposed to be purple.

MankatoBison
10-26-2018, 08:12 PM
I would guess there could be a shiny DC or who knows, maybe even a HC job at KSU for Chris if KSU continues to slide and NDSU wins another championship.
Gene Taylor has hired Chris once, I'd bet he'd like to do it again

Bison03
10-26-2018, 08:23 PM
Head coach at a MAC or MWC team is not a step up in my opinion. Now, money talks and thoae schools pay waaaaay more then NDSU could. I think there will be potential offers this coming off season. I hope he stays for a long time. If not, next man up. If I had to pick a potentail new coach, I choose Matt Entz.

Bisonator98
10-26-2018, 08:26 PM
I would guess there could be a shiny DC or who knows, maybe even a HC job at KSU for Chris if KSU continues to slide and NDSU wins another championship.

Should have made Gene sign a non compete clause before he left. Dangit!:)

EC8CH
10-26-2018, 08:31 PM
Bisonville would love the speed-em-up spread offense. :rofl:

Not sure that is a given with Nielson, but could be wrong. Just sayin', out of the rest of the MVFC Head Coaches, Nielson if the gun is to my head.

BisManBison
10-26-2018, 08:44 PM
I don't believe he'll come back ever. He makes pretty good money right now as an OC.

With that said, I stick with the guy I said a few years ago would be ideal for the position - Roehl!!!

I like Roehl as an option.

MAKBison
10-26-2018, 08:48 PM
I like Roehl as an option.

Not sure he is ready yet. If he was why was he not hired by us as an oc

MAKBison
10-26-2018, 08:50 PM
If coach K goes, hope to hell it's for a coordinator position or we can say bye to the entire staff.

Which was what was supposed to happen with Bohl (everone to WY) and when CK renigged caused the big riff.

It's a business accept it now before your feelings get hurt ;)

BadlandsBison
10-26-2018, 08:52 PM
Not sure that is a given with Nielson, but could be wrong. Just sayin', out of the rest of the MVFC Head Coaches, Nielson if the gun is to my head.

I doubt that Nielson is married to any scheme. I think he saw the hurry up as a way to get usd competitive in a hurry and it worked okay. But Nielson doesn't quite pass the smell test for me. Seems like a good coach with questionable ethics

MAKBison
10-26-2018, 08:55 PM
I doubt that Nielson is married to any scheme. I think he saw the hurry up as a way to get usd competitive in a hurry and it worked okay. But Nielson doesn't quite pass the smell test for me. Seems like a good coach with questionable ethics

It doesn't help when your players are raping the coeds

Jay
10-26-2018, 09:12 PM
If Urban Meyer decides to quit at Ohio State, the betting option right now is Matt Campbell to replace him.

Urban Meyer, Ohio State — 5/4 (+125)
Matt Campbell, Iowa State– 7/4 (+175)
Ryan Day, Ohio State (asst.) — 10/1 (+1000)
Jeff Brohm, Purdue — 10/1 (+1000)
Bob Stoops, (former) Oklahoma — 10/1 (+1000)

bruinbison
10-26-2018, 09:14 PM
If Urban Meyer decides to quit at Ohio State, the betting option right now is Matt Campbell to replace him.

Wuh woh....

Bisonator98
10-26-2018, 09:17 PM

That would not be good for us.

Bison 4 Life
10-26-2018, 09:23 PM
Ryan Day isn't given nearly enough odds there. He is VERY highly regarded in Columbus. If Gene Smith wanted a quick resolution, Day would be his guy.

CoachFSCB
10-26-2018, 09:37 PM
I don't think Chris Klieman would move on for just any old FBS job (like a job in the MAC, which seems to be a fairly lateral move), but I'd bet he wouldn't think twice about moving if he were offered the top spot at Kansas State. Bill Snyder is 79 years old, but he just signed a five-year contract there, and the word is that when he is ready to step down, he wants his son Sean to take over as the head man. So even if Gene Taylor would want to hire Klieman, his hands might be tied. I think there is a general consensus that an FCS coach can't step up and take the head job at at a P5 school without first being an OC or DC, but I would love for Taylor and Klieman to prove that wrong. I'm just not sure that it could happen.

bajadanny
10-26-2018, 11:49 PM
Yes! Stig is a huge piece of shit and I'm happy to state that everytime his name is mentioned.

I am so glad they keep him and think he is a saint!
The bunnies will be better as soon as he is out

Tony Almeida
10-26-2018, 11:52 PM
It has to be someone on this staff now or someone that knows the Bison culture from the Bohl era. This is how dynasties die; when you decide to look elsewhere and change the entire culture. I want someone that has also been studying and picking Klieman's brain especially for defense.
With that said, Roehl would make a great head coach some day with Grant Olson as his DC. All I care about is someone that understands Bison culture and someone that knows Bison defense.

CalBison97
10-27-2018, 01:19 AM
I’d hope for Entz. But seemingly even more important to our success than any coach? Kramer. He’s the one loss I would be really concerned about.

2016 Bisonville Survivor Pick’em Champ

DakotaOkie
10-27-2018, 02:10 AM
Not happening...Bill Snyder wants his son to be the next head coach...Snyder has more pull in Manhattan than Gene Taylor will ever experience as AD (unless Snyder passes away, then the game changes).

DakotaOkie
10-27-2018, 02:13 AM
My opinion is Nebraska is the next call for Klieman if one of his connections at Clemson or thereabouts don't materialize. Scott Frost is not going to survive another year if it looks anything like this year.

ndsubison1
10-27-2018, 02:19 AM
Klieman would go to Iowa State in a heart beat. Maybe they'd hire from the Mac again.

stevdock
10-27-2018, 03:14 AM
I’d hope for Entz. But seemingly even more important to our success than any coach? Kramer. He’s the one loss I would be really concerned about.

I am currently coaching basketball with a former Bison football player and one of our kids asked what we were doing for running tonight. And I said maybe coach has some Coach Kramer conditioning workouts for us. All he would say is you guys definitely don't want that ;)

Bison bison
10-27-2018, 03:37 AM
Not happening...Bill Snyder wants his son to be the next head coach...Snyder has more pull in Manhattan than Gene Taylor will ever experience as AD (unless Snyder passes away, then the game changes).

Snyder's son must be almost 70 years old...

89MTBISON
10-27-2018, 04:12 AM
Gus Bradley.

KSBisonFan
10-27-2018, 11:03 AM
Anyone who thinks Nielson may be a candidate, needs to go back and watch the 4th quarter of their game at k-state this year. Play calling and clock management would have had Bisonville jumping off tall buildings. No thanks!!!

X-Factor
10-27-2018, 02:01 PM
Nielsen, Bob Stitt, Layne Kiffen, Chip Kelly . . . I saw the short list. We be going up tempo, following the 2011 Griz blueprint.

Careful, many on this board have sarcasm deficiencies in their diet and won’t understand unless you color you text like a 2 year old

EC8CH
10-27-2018, 02:07 PM
Anyone who thinks Nielson may be a candidate, needs to go back and watch the 4th quarter of their game at k-state this year. Play calling and clock management would have had Bisonville jumping off tall buildings. No thanks!!!

Which HC from the valley would you pick instead?

EC8CH
10-27-2018, 02:11 PM
I wonder how attached Klieman is to the staff he's put together. Definitely a core group of life long friends. Would that affect his decision to leave alone as a DC? Probably not but interesting situation.

DIBISON
10-27-2018, 03:17 PM
Curt Mallory, Indiana St. head coach. Mallory was the pass coordinator and secondary coach under former North Dakota State head coach Craig Bohl at the University of Wyoming in 2015 and 2016.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-27-2018, 03:42 PM
Bowl might be looking for a job soon.

yopaulie
10-27-2018, 04:19 PM

Save season, don't hire Vigen.

yopaulie
10-27-2018, 04:24 PM

This may not be fair or accurate (so it fits right in on Bisonville), but I have the strong impression that Klieman is still more responsible for our defensive success than Entz is. Am I wrong?

Vet70
10-27-2018, 04:29 PM
This may not be fair or accurate (so it fits right in on Bisonville), but I have the strong impression that Klieman is still more responsible for our defensive success than Entz is. Am I wrong?

https://media.giphy.com/media/Ll2fajzk9DgaY/giphy.gif

NDSU
10-27-2018, 05:43 PM

Snyder's son has never called a play on either side of the ball. Would definitely be nothing more than a team manager or spokesman. Also GT has to be 60+ and if Bill does last another couple seasons I also wonder how much GT plans on working.

tojo70
10-27-2018, 07:26 PM
Carl Pelini:hide:

1998braves64
10-27-2018, 08:09 PM
Carl Pelini:hide:We're going FBS let's go all in on Bo Pelini! /purple

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdBot
10-27-2018, 08:48 PM
Promote from within or find someone with Bison ties. But this a stupid thread.

BlueBisonRock
10-27-2018, 10:22 PM
Promote from within or find someone with Bison ties. But this a stupid thread.

HerdBot, you hit the nail on the head with your second statement. So right.

Kevin
10-27-2018, 10:32 PM
I don't think it's stupid to look ahead. We all know he's on his way to bigger (but certainly not better) things eventually.

It has to be someone with Bison heritage. Someone who understands the culture from the inside. Anything else would be a disaster at this point.

Bison 4 Life
10-27-2018, 10:33 PM
I don't think it's stupid to look ahead. We all know he's on his way to bigger (but certainly not better) things eventually.

It has to be someone with Bison heritage. Someone who understands the culture from the inside. Anything else would be a disaster at this point.

We clearly don't all know that.

Kevin
10-27-2018, 10:38 PM
We clearly don't all know that.

Do you think he'll coach here for the next 15-20 years?

Did anyone think that Bohl would? I mean Bohl left for a vastly inferior program in a subpar conference that more than doubled what we could have possibly afforded to pay him.

Sooner than later Klieman will get a much better offer than Wyoming and while it may be a hard choice to make I think he'll take it.

Bison 4 Life
10-27-2018, 11:21 PM

Did anyone think that Bohl would? I mean Bohl left for a vastly inferior program in a subpar conference that more than doubled what we could have possibly afforded to pay him.

Sooner than later Klieman will get a much better offer than Wyoming and while it may be a hard choice to make I think he'll take it.

Klieman is not Bohl.

ndsubison1
10-28-2018, 12:27 AM
I think Id be ready to give it to Entz if it happens

NDSU92
10-28-2018, 01:16 AM
Farley probably wants a change of scenery

Lulz

HerdBot
10-28-2018, 01:17 AM

Nobody knows what coach wants, what hes thinking, or what his goals are so publicly discussing it is asinine and completely stupid

Maybe hes looking, maybe hes content making almost a half million for the next decade, or maybe hes waiting for an opportunity.

The head coach at Appalachian State Jerry Moore spent 23 years there. Heck it took Bohl a decade to get an offer he liked and Klieman is 10 years younger.

WFBisonFan
10-28-2018, 03:59 AM
My opinion is Nebraska is the next call for Klieman if one of his connections at Clemson or thereabouts don't materialize. Scott Frost is not going to survive another year if it looks anything like this year.

Nebraska didn't shell out huge $ to lure Frost back to his alma mater to fix a program in 2 years or else. He's not going anywhere. Cupboard was bare, he gets minimum 4-5 years to make it happen.

oldmantutters
10-28-2018, 04:25 AM
Nebraska didn't shell out huge $ to lure Frost back to his alma mater to fix a program in 2 years or else. He's not going anywhere. Cupboard was bare, he gets minimum 4-5 years to make it happen.They are also paying 3 head coaches this year. They aren't in a hurry to pay another one.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

56BISON73
10-28-2018, 04:35 AM
Nobody knows what coach wants, what hes thinking, or what his goals are so publicly discussing it is asinine and completely stupid

Maybe hes looking, maybe hes content making almost a half million for the next decade, or maybe hes waiting for an opportunity.

The head coach at Appalachian State Jerry Moore spent 23 years there. Heck it took Bohl a decade to get an offer he liked and Klieman is 10 years younger.

Who would of thought you would be the voice of reason ?????:D:nod:

bisonfanette
10-28-2018, 05:55 AM

Good post. He is young, & money is not everything.

ByeSonBusiness
10-28-2018, 07:09 AM
Money isn't everything....but nobody other than Rocky Hager wants to coach NDSU for life. NDSU was nice enough to provide a photo of him for him to sign for my dad for Christmas a couple years back. My grandma was his childhood babysitter. Looks great in his office.

If Klieman gets an big league opportunity to leave, he's gone. I don't know why anyone would look at that as a bad thing. You don't want a coach who sees NDSU as their forever home, you want hungry guys who want to prove themselves. Being a stepping stone is not a bad thing at all, if NDSU gets a rep as a solid launch point for careers like the Miami(OH) used to have, thats a great place to be. NDSU will never be a destination job, but it can be a great place to swing by for a few years for a coach to go to prove they can keep a good thing going.

HerdBot
10-28-2018, 07:22 AM
Good post. He is young, & money is not everything.

Money is always a factor but Klieman made more in year one than Bohl made in year 10. Its not power 5 money but with incentives he is approaching a half million per year and hes made over 2 million as head coach since hes been here. Do that for another 5-10 years and by 99% of the worlds standards, you're rich.

Maybe his goal is to be super rich? Maybe he likes a coaching staff full of close friends and childhood buddies. Maybe some day he gets bored and wants a new challenge. Maybe he prefers being a Coordinator instead of a head coach. Maybe he wants to be an NFL coach. Maybe he plans on coaching here for another decade. That's his business. I'm just glad hes our guy and as far as I'm concerned, he could sign a lifetime contract and we could double his salary. Hes worth every penny.

ByeSonBusiness
10-28-2018, 07:51 AM
Money is always a factor but Klieman made more in year one than Bohl made in year 10. Its not power 5 money but with incentives he is approaching a half million per year and hes made over 2 million as head coach since hes been here. Do that for another 5-10 years and by 99% of the worlds standards, you're rich.

Maybe his goal is to be super rich? Maybe he likes a coaching staff full of close friends and childhood buddies. Maybe some day he gets bored and wants a new challenge. Maybe he prefers being a Coordinator instead of a head coach. Maybe he wants to be an NFL coach. Maybe he plans on coaching here for another decade. That's his business. I'm just glad hes our guy and as far as I'm concerned, he could sign a lifetime contract and we could double his salary. Hes worth every penny.

Typically guys go to the NFL a good bit younger, don't they? Erhardt went at 42. Bradley at 40. Babich at 41. Klieman is in his 50's. I think he could coach a team like Iowa State if he gets lucky, or be a coordinator at a bigger P5 if he can snag it. He might just stay at NDSU a few more years and call it good depending on his spending habits. North Dakota/Iowa(if he retires at home) aren't exactly expensive places. He's not far from retirement age if he's disciplined.

HerdBot
10-28-2018, 08:14 AM
Typically guys go to the NFL a good bit younger, don't they? Erhardt went at 42. Bradley at 40. Babich at 41. Klieman is in his 50's. I think he could coach a team like Iowa State if he gets lucky, or be a coordinator at a bigger P5 if he can snag it. He might just stay at NDSU a few more years and call it good depending on his spending habits. North Dakota/Iowa(if he retires at home) aren't exactly expensive places. He's not far from retirement age if he's disciplined.

It seems silly for you to think for him and assume his goal to is to retire in Iowa. You know nothing about him. Maybe he wants to retire in Siberia or Arkansas.

It's also silly to assume his goal is to coach at Iowa State. Money would be great but the last time a head coach there had a career winning record was the mid 1970s.

And Kliemans 51. Maybe he never wants to retire. Maybe he cant wait to retire. Maybe he could afford to retire now if he wanted to. It's just silly assuming anything

gizmo
10-28-2018, 12:31 PM
The Bison Way is the only way to consistently win championships. It has been that way for a long time and it needs to stay that way FOREVER! Any new HC had better adhere to the Bison Way or else. (no purple)

CalBison97
10-28-2018, 12:38 PM
You don't want a coach who sees NDSU as their forever home, you want hungry guys who want to prove themselves.

I do. Why can’t NDSU be someone’s destination job? And can one only be “hungry” enough to coach at NDSU if they aspire to move on? Maybe that is a question asked during the interview process.. “You will be strongly considered if you view us as a stepping stone to that which you perceive as bigger and better opportunities. Then and only then will we know you stay hungry.”

1998braves64
10-28-2018, 12:40 PM
Also don't want to assume that he wants to disrupt his kids life again (aren't 2 still in HS?) or maybe they have told him it doesn't matter if it means a bigger inheritance in 30 years?

gizmo
10-28-2018, 01:00 PM
I do. Why can’t NDSU be someone’s destination job? And can one only be “hungry” enough to coach at NDSU if they aspire to move on? Maybe that is a question asked during the interview process.. “You will be strongly considered if you view us as a stepping stone to that which you perceive as bigger and better opportunities. Then and only then will we know you stay hungry.”

I agree in theory but it rarely works that way. Even at the highest levels, whether it be sports, business or whatever, every position is temporary.

NDSU92
10-28-2018, 01:06 PM
Also don't want to assume that he wants to disrupt his kids life again (aren't 2 still in HS?) or maybe they have told him it doesn't matter if it means a bigger inheritance in 30 years?

I would assume Klieman has had conversations with his family about his chosen profession and what that means for their living situation.

SoCalBison
10-28-2018, 02:06 PM
I agree in theory but it rarely works that way. Even at the highest levels, whether it be sports, business or whatever, every position is temporary.

Especially at the higher levels...

ByeSonBusiness
10-28-2018, 05:12 PM
It seems silly for you to think for him and assume his goal to is to retire in Iowa. You know nothing about him. Maybe he wants to retire in Siberia or Frog Balls Arkansas.

It's also silly to assume his goal is to coach at Iowa State. Money would be great but the last time a head coach there had a career winning record was the mid 1970s.

And Kliemans 51. Maybe he never wants to retire. Maybe he cant wait to retire. Maybe he could afford to retire now if he wanted to. It's just silly assuming anything

He is from there and spent most of his youth, college, and professional years there. Why would it be silly to think he might return to live there once he is done at NDSU? Arkansas and Siberia would be nice cheap places to live as qell.

HerdBot
10-28-2018, 05:44 PM
He is from there and spent most of his youth, college, and professional years there. Why would it be silly to think he might return to live there once he is done at NDSU? Arkansas and Siberia would be nice cheap places to live as qell.

Dude, I'm just saying you dont know. One wouldnt have assumes a UNi guy would come to NDSU either.

I know many people who grew up Fargo and spent most of their youth, college, and professional years here but wouldnt move back from California for any job.

Discussing Kliemans goals is silly IMO

1998braves64
10-28-2018, 06:11 PM
I would assume Klieman has had conversations with his family about his chosen profession and what that means for their living situation.No doubt... I'm sure he also takes their opinions too, just seems like he is a family man, stayed behind a couple years ago to watch his oldest son play senior night... That said 3-4-5 years they'll all be in college... That's when I think things could heat up. Thing is so far he hasn't ever been on a list even other than one or two?? Not to mention he's been here only 3-4 years and just got out from under the shadow of this isn't his recruits etc.

Guess we'll see in a few years I think it'll start coming up.

KTF
10-31-2018, 04:22 AM
I don't believe that Kleiman will leave anytime soon. My thought process is all an AD/president needs to do is look at Bohl. He was winning like crazy here but has yet to develop that same program level as he did here. The prospective schools will look long and hard at that and say Bohl/Kleiman are a product of the system that is NDSU. They will realize that no matter how hard they try, they won't have the same success. It is a culture/community backing and it indeed is very special.

I do believe he will leave in the future but that is a ways down the road.

89MTBISON
10-31-2018, 05:01 AM
January 12, 2034

NDSU head coach Chris Klieman announced his retirement today, 3 days after leading his Bison to their 26th national championship in the NCAA Division 1 title game, defeating #2 ranked University of Houston in Tampa, 42-12. Klieman retires as the winningest football coach in history, measured in national titles. Klieman guided the Bison to their 7th NCAA Division 1 title, following the formation of the new Division 1 in 2025, when the P5 left the NCAA to form their own league. A steady hand at the helm of the powerhouse Bison since 2014, Klieman turned down multiple offers at more prestigious schools, instead choosing to stay in a community he and his family had grown to love, churning out championships and NFL caliber players. His replacement, stalwart coordinator and former player Luke Bacon, will be introduced as head coach at a news conference Tuesday.

JMB
10-31-2018, 12:50 PM
January 12, 2034

NDSU head coach Chris Klieman announced his retirement today, 3 days after leading his Bison to their 26th national championship in the NCAA Division 1 title game, defeating #2 ranked University of Houston in Tampa, 42-12. Klieman retires as the winningest football coach in history, measured in national titles. Klieman guided the Bison to their 7th NCAA Division 1 title, following the formation of the new Division 1 in 2025, when the P5 left the NCAA to form their own league. A steady hand at the helm of the powerhouse Bison since 2014, Klieman turned down multiple offers at more prestigious schools, instead choosing to stay in a community he and his family had grown to love, churning out championships and NFL caliber players. His replacement, stalwart coordinator and former player Luke Bacon, will be introduced as head coach at a news conference Tuesday.

Giving up 12 points to Houston? Its obvious the Klieman has lost the team and was mailing it in, waiting for retirement. Thank god Luke Bacon is taking over. Hey guys, how long until someone comes and steals coach Luke?

Bisonator98
10-31-2018, 12:50 PM
January 12, 2034

Definitely not who I was expecting but I like Bacon!:biggrin:

Bison 4 Life
10-31-2018, 12:55 PM
Giving up 12 points to Houston? Its obvious the Klieman has lost the team and was mailing it in, waiting for retirement. Thank god Luke Bacon is taking over. Hey guys, how long until someone comes and steals coach Luke?

How long will the "Fire Bacon, Save Season" thread be by 2034?

Mr Meaty
10-31-2018, 01:02 PM
how long will the "fire bacon, eat and enjoy" thread be by 2034?

fify!!!!!!!!!

MankatoBison
10-31-2018, 02:18 PM
It seems silly for you to think for him and assume his goal to is to retire in Iowa. You know nothing about him. Maybe he wants to retire in Siberia or Arkansas.

Geesh, all he said is that ND and IA are nice places to retire IF he wants to retire "at home". How could you possibly be this triggered at the thought that someone might think that it is a mere possibility that Kliemen might want to retire someday, and if he does, it is a possibility of retiring in ND or IA.

Goodness- you chastising people for merely speculating about our coaching situation over the long term is the equivalent of those who chastise other Bison fans for being too confident on Bisonville going into a game against USD.

cbline
10-31-2018, 02:38 PM
Who will replace Klieman? Two words: Ditka

CalBison97
10-31-2018, 04:55 PM
January 12, 2034

Thank you, 89MTBison errrrrr Biff! Safe travels...https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181031/c80ce71b646ea896f5006aeea890df48.gif

tjbison
10-31-2018, 05:08 PM
lots of quality candidates that post on here...should be easy to replace him

Mr. Burgundy
10-31-2018, 05:46 PM
someday we will need to look at replacing him. When that time comes, I hope to God that we open this job up to a nation wide search. Look internal and external and find a stud. This is an awesome job, at a school that CARES! We would get some unreal candidates.

Bison 4 Life
10-31-2018, 05:49 PM
I hear Bo Pelini might come available soon.

89MTBISON
10-31-2018, 05:49 PM

Yeah, Kleiman never changed. After going up 42-6 early in the fourth quarter, Klieman ordered his 3rd string QB to simply run backwards on the next three Bison possessions, surrendering 3 safeties.

Bisonator98
10-31-2018, 07:09 PM
someday we will need to look at replacing him. When that time comes, I hope to God that we open this job up to a nation wide search. Look internal and external and find a stud. This is an awesome job, at a school that CARES! We would get some unreal candidates.

I'll just say be careful what you wish for, you could end up with a used car salesman like Brewster.

I'd prefer someone with at least a knowledge of the program.

BisonNation11
10-31-2018, 07:40 PM
I'll just say be careful what you wish for, you could end up with a used car salesman like Brewster.

I think those in charge at NDSU would be able to smell a used car salesman. If they can't, the fanbase would and would let them know it.

Mr. Burgundy
10-31-2018, 08:27 PM

I think after what we did in girls basketball, we are set! Lets go find a replacement from outside! (ok, sorry. Kidding. Sort of. Not really. we suck).

I do think the Bison football job is a BIGTIME job and we would have an unreal list of great candidates. I think any job should be a national search. Klieman has done a great job hiring. One of the many reasons we are a GD dynasty.

ByeSonBusiness
10-31-2018, 08:29 PM
I think after what we did in girls basketball, we are set! Lets go find a replacement from outside! (ok, sorry. Kidding. Sort of. Not really. we suck).

I do think the Bison football job is a BIGTIME job and we would have an unreal list of great candidates. I think any job should be a national search. Klieman has done a great job hiring. One of the many reasons we are a GD dynasty.

Im with ya. I don't know why people are so dang set on keeping it internal, that immediately eliminates a lot of great candidates.

Bisonator98
10-31-2018, 08:41 PM

And yet Klieman was not part of a national search. Although I'm not opposed to an open search or an external candidate, there is an inherent problem with a national search due to ND's open records law. You just don't get the candidates you would otherwise.

Im with ya. I don't know why people are so dang set on keeping it internal, that immediately eliminates a lot of great candidates.

I didn't say it had to be an internal candidate. I said I'd prefer someone with knowledge of the program. There are many national candidates that have an intimate knowledge of the program. Bohl is a good example.

MAKBison
10-31-2018, 08:41 PM

Yep!!!!!! You just make sure during the hiring process you stress how important keeping the traditions are and how that is part of the job.

Snowgoose
10-31-2018, 08:48 PM

While I hear what you are saying I prefer a candidate that has been here before. I am not a fan of any job should be national search (did u switch jobs and get an HR degree :). We have had ridiculous success with promoting or hiring NDSU guys since the 60's and I would prefer when the time comes that we continue that.

I don't want what Nebraska did when they were 10-2 when they fired their coach and went out to get an outsider and hire a Bill Callahan cause they have sucked ever since.

bajadanny
10-31-2018, 08:51 PM
Bohl was a coach here in 1984 he knew what it was all about

Professor Chaos
10-31-2018, 09:00 PM

I think it depends on the timing and the impact on recruiting. Most coaching changes happen in early December which means right before the early signing day. A national search takes time and if you hire a coach from outside the program, especially one who's currently a head coach elsewhere, he's probably going to want to bring "his guys" with him on the coaching staff. Where does that leave the current class of verbals who committed to the outgoing staff? I have a hard time buying that an external candidate would've been able to keep that 2014 class together like Klieman, Goeser, and Riley did. That class had guys like Stick, Urzendowski, Allison, Dunn, Marlette, Menard, Jones, Shepherd, T Volson, B Williams, Wimbush, Jordheim, and Butler.... that's one hell of a foundational class for the success that we've seen over the last 4-5 years. Beyond that what about young guys on the roster who had relationships with the outgoing staff? Not all of them came to NDSU because of the program, the tradition, etc... I'm sure some came here because of the coaches.

I understand the benefit of a national search but with the ridiculous momentum this program has I don't know why you'd even want to risk "rocking the boat" if you don't have to. Just my two cents.

Bisonator98
10-31-2018, 09:18 PM
Bohl was a coach here in 1984 he knew what it was all about

Exactly my point.

BadlandsBison
10-31-2018, 09:35 PM
Appreciate Klieman while he is here. Wish he would stay here forever.

Gene Taylor deserves a shout out for his ability to hire coaches. All of the bad coaching hires we hear about are usually because of bad decisions an AD. Read about this one https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/college/2018/10/14/college-football-bowling-green-state-university-mike-jinks-david-briggs/stories/20181014165?abnpageversion=evoke

BisonNeil
10-31-2018, 09:47 PM
Appreciate Klieman while he is here. Wish he would stay here forever.

Gene Taylor deserves a shout out for his ability to hire coaches. All of the bad coaching hires we hear about are usually because of bad decisions an AD. Read about this one https://www.toledoblade.com/sports/college/2018/10/14/college-football-bowling-green-state-university-mike-jinks-david-briggs/stories/20181014165?abnpageversion=evoke

Taylor ‘s first choice was Vigen who may have been good but at the time I felt Klieman should be the guy, but that’s because I like the Solomonson’s, Hager’s and Bohl’s of the world for their defensive prowess.

EC8CH
10-31-2018, 10:04 PM
I think it depends on the timing and the impact on recruiting. Most coaching changes happen in early December which means right before the early signing day. A national search takes time and if you hire a coach from outside the program, especially one who's currently a head coach elsewhere, he's probably going to want to bring "his guys" with him on the coaching staff. Where does that leave the current class of verbals who committed to the outgoing staff? I have a hard time buying that an external candidate would've been able to keep that 2014 class together like Klieman, Goeser, and Riley did. That class had guys like Stick, Urzendowski, Allison, Dunn, Marlette, Menard, Jones, Shepherd, T Volson, B Williams, Wimbush, Jordheim, and Butler.... that's one hell of a foundational class for the success that we've seen over the last 4-5 years. Beyond that what about young guys on the roster who had relationships with the outgoing staff? Not all of them came to NDSU because of the program, the tradition, etc... I'm sure some came here because of the coaches.

I understand the benefit of a national search but with the ridiculous momentum this program has I don't know why you'd even want to risk "rocking the boat" if you don't have to. Just my two cents.

Agreed. When and how the coaching change needs to happen can dictate some of the search parameters.

BadlandsBison
10-31-2018, 10:44 PM
Taylor ‘s first choice was Vigen who may have been good but at the time I felt Klieman should be the guy, but that’s because I like the Solomonson’s, Hager’s and Bohl’s of the world for their defensive prowess.

I don’t believe Vigen was the first choice. No offense

BisonNeil
10-31-2018, 10:47 PM
I don’t believe Vigen was the first choice. No offense

Well, than Gene lied to me in a conversation.

BadlandsBison
10-31-2018, 11:15 PM
More importantly I made a subtle joke in my last post.

BisonNeil
10-31-2018, 11:38 PM
More importantly I made a subtle joke in my last post.

Ha! Missed it, good one ☝️

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Well, than Gene lied to me in a conversation.
Was he the first one Gene talked to in order to gauge his interest or the one Gene wanted to offer the job to first? As I understood it he wanted both Vigen and Klieman to essentially interview for the HC job and Vigen declined to. I'd imagine that Vigen would've been the first one Gene talked to due to his seniority in the program but I'd be surprised if he was already set on offering the job to Vigen if he agreed to stick around without gauging what Klieman's intentions were first.

BisonNeil
11-01-2018, 12:17 AM
Was he the first one Gene talked to in order to gauge his interest or the one Gene wanted to offer the job to first? As I understood it he wanted both Vigen and Klieman to essentially interview for the HC job and Vigen declined to. I'd imagine that Vigen would've been the first one Gene talked to due to his seniority in the program but I'd be surprised if he was already set on offering the job to Vigen if he agreed to stick around without gauging what Klieman's intentions were first.

Good points.

HerdThat!
11-01-2018, 03:48 AM
I think he wins a few more rings and starts looking for a greater challenge......and takes over the basketball coaching duties. Takes us to the Final Four 6x in 7 years.

totoinfl
11-01-2018, 02:16 PM
Hopefully this thread is more than premature...just downright the product of a bored mind...but considering Nebraska stops paying Pellini after this year, they could back up the truck and dump serious cash for a DC to help drive the program. Frost will get a decently long chance at HC, but they need help everywhere and there seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth among Big Red fans about all the recruits they lose to other programs...NDSU is always mentioned. I think the first choice is Entz, Messingham needs to focus on offense and keep it that way for a while, but while we are dreaming, how about Mike Leach or Mike Gundy...the pressers would be a blast.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Hopefully this thread is more than premature...just downright the product of a bored mind...but considering Nebraska stops paying Pellini after this year, they could back up the truck and dump serious cash for a DC to help drive the program. Frost will get a decently long chance at HC, but they need help everywhere and there seems to be a lot of gnashing of teeth among Big Red fans about all the recruits they lose to other programs...NDSU is always mentioned. I think the first choice is Entz, Messingham needs to focus on offense and keep it that way for a while, but while we are dreaming, how about Mike Leach or Mike Gundy...the pressers would be a blast.
I don't think the money they were paying Pelini had any effect on the rest of their coaching salaries. Those P5 big shots will pay 3 different HCs at once if their AD's trigger finger is twitchy enough. I think Charlies Weis is still getting paychecks from Notre Dame and Kansas and he isn't employed by either right now.

GoRams
11-01-2018, 03:32 PM
I apologize if it's already been said. I think that the next coaching change will be incredibly challenging in keeping this dynasty moving business as usual. It seems like Klieman puts a big emphasis on keeping a staff together. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and takes most of the staff. Id love to see Scott Hazelton come back. When he returned as D coordinator it was a huge turn around for the Bison.

Bisonator98
11-01-2018, 03:39 PM
I apologize if it's already been said. I think that the next coaching change will be incredibly challenging in keeping this dynasty moving business as usual. It seems like Klieman puts a big emphasis on keeping a staff together. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes and takes most of the staff. Id love to see Scott Hazelton come back. When he returned as D coordinator it was a huge turn around for the Bison.

Yeah that's not happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up in the NFL again.

ByeSonBusiness
11-01-2018, 03:40 PM
I don't think the money they were paying Pelini had any effect on the rest of their coaching salaries. Those P5 big shots will pay 3 different HCs at once if their AD's trigger finger is twitchy enough. I think Charlies Weis is still getting paychecks from Notre Dame and Kansas and he isn't employed by either right now.

ND quit playing Weis a couple years back. Kansas... should be wrapping up around this time too.

Vet70
11-01-2018, 05:59 PM
This thread is bad juju. Not that I am ever superstitious.

Professor Chaos
11-01-2018, 08:59 PM
This thread is bad juju. Not that I am ever superstitious.
Just hope that no one starts a "Who's after Jim Kramer?" thread.

Anyway uhhhh….. Vigen blah blah, Hazelton some-such, Entz and so on, Belichick etc etc.

yopaulie
11-02-2018, 03:36 AM
Yeah that's not happening. Wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't end up in the NFL again.

Why not? It would be Hazelton"s first head coaching opportunity, and a step up from being DC at Wyoming. Timing wise, I do think Klieman will be here longer than Hazelton will be at Wyoming.

El_Chapo
11-02-2018, 03:49 AM
NDSU is not a step up from being a DC in FBS.

NDSU will probably have Entz as next head coach with Tyler Roehl as head assistant.

Klieman is crazy if he doesn't leave after this year or next maybe, like Craig Bohl said when he left "What more is there to accomplish at NDSU?"

CyPanth
11-02-2018, 12:55 PM
It would be smart for iowa or iowa state to get chris on their staff imho.

Eastern Iowa already has Little Ferentz lined up, but indeed Klieman would be a much better choice.
Iowa State is fine with Matt Campbell, unless, gulp, he goes to the Browns (as Campbell is from northeast Ohio).
Northern Iowa needs to move into the post-Farley ear and I would love to see Klieman in Cedar Falls on the correct side of the field.

CyPanth
11-02-2018, 12:57 PM

I don't know very many folks deep in Buckeye Nation who think Matt Campbell is ready or worth the risk. They want to see Ohio State hire someone who has already won a national championship with a school other than Mount Union.

CyPanth
11-02-2018, 01:00 PM
Money isn't everything....but nobody other than Rocky Hager wants to coach NDSU for life. NDSU was nice enough to provide a photo of him for him to sign for my dad for Christmas a couple years back. My grandma was his childhood babysitter. Looks great in his office.

If Klieman gets an big league opportunity to leave, he's gone. I don't know why anyone would look at that as a bad thing. You don't want a coach who sees NDSU as their forever home, you want hungry guys who want to prove themselves. Being a stepping stone is not a bad thing at all, if NDSU gets a rep as a solid launch point for careers like the Miami(OH) used to have, thats a great place to be. NDSU will never be a destination job, but it can be a great place to swing by for a few years for a coach to go to prove they can keep a good thing going.

Iowa State has had two head coaches leave and win national championships. Johnny Majors and Gene Chizik. If Matt Campbell goes to Ohio State, then Ames is the new cradle of coaches!

Assistant coaches for Iowa State who have gone on to win national championships includes Pete Carroll and Jimmie Johnson.

CyPanth
11-02-2018, 01:05 PM

Have you seen the first FBS Playoff rankings? And have you looked at the Iowa State roster? Matt Campbell is playing young players. Several times per game times when a starting redshirt freshman center hikes to a starting true freshman QB who throws to a starting WR. And there are great young players coming up in the program.

The cupboard is full in Ames.

And so are the porta-potties (the sign of a great tailgate).

EC8CH
11-02-2018, 01:12 PM
Just hope that no one starts a "Who's after Jim Kramer?" thread.

This is the reason I support research into human cloning.

NEBison
11-02-2018, 02:49 PM

That is assuming he takes a job as a HC. if he goes somewhere to be a DC then the majority of the staff will stay the same. That being said I sure hope he stays for another 20 years.

KNOW IT ALL
11-02-2018, 02:58 PM
Hue Jackson is available. I read today that Jackson felt wronged that he wasnt given enough time to make it work in Cleveland. "Now that's funny right there". I hope Klieman sticks around for a while but no man is bigger than the system at NDSU. We all felt the same when Bohl left. I still dont think that Bohl gets the credit he deserves to this day. You can train a lot of people to run a ship but finding a man that can build one from scratch is rare!!!!!

BadlandsBison
11-02-2018, 04:57 PM
I don't know very many folks deep in Buckeye Nation who think Matt Campbell is ready or worth the risk. They want to see Ohio State hire someone who has already won a national championship with a school other than Mount Union.

So what you're saying is Klieman to Ohio State?!

MankatoBison
11-02-2018, 05:08 PM
So what you're saying is Klieman to Ohio State?!

BREAKING, Klieman to Ohio State!! just got the text

Mr Meaty
11-02-2018, 07:02 PM
BREAKING, Klieman to Ohio State!! just got the text

No coach would announce they are leaving for another position while in the middle of a playoff run....... purple......

Rock
11-03-2018, 02:43 PM
This is the reason I support research into human cloning.

What happened to the guy who was under Kramer for a few years and moved on? I think runs strength at a decent school now.

Curious about his success but obviously can’t recall much about him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BisonNation11
11-03-2018, 03:20 PM
What happened to the guy who was under Kramer for a few years and moved on? I think runs strength at a decent school now.

Curious about his success but obviously can’t recall much about him.

He is at SEMO. Up to a ranked school now. Beat JSU recently. Not sure if they're in line to win the conference at all. Ryan Napoli (sp?) I believe is his name. Played softball against the guy. Talk about some moon shots.

Rock
11-03-2018, 06:07 PM
He is at SEMO. Up to a ranked school now. Beat JSU recently. Not sure if they're in line to win the conference at all. Ryan Napoli (sp?) I believe is his name. Played softball against the guy. Talk about some moon shots.

Thank you

JMB
11-03-2018, 06:08 PM
To change the topic slightly... What do you think would be a better career move for an NDSU coach? Moving to a HC position at a below average G5 school or to a coordinator position at an average P5?

Rock
11-03-2018, 06:37 PM
To change the topic slightly... What do you think would be a better career move for an NDSU coach? Moving to a HC position at a below average G5 school or to a coordinator position at an average P5?

Coordinator. Too hard to bring your staff twice and have success. If your d is good you get a chance even if your team isn’t doing well.

El_Chapo
11-04-2018, 03:03 AM
Kansas just opened up

Jay
11-05-2018, 12:00 AM
Coach Kli’s name mentioned here by Pete Thamel for the KU gig.

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1059247308024487937?s=21

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-candidates-kansas-coaching-job-les-miles-might-man-stabilize-jayhawks-220247256.html

Professor Chaos
11-05-2018, 12:23 AM
Coach Kli’s name mentioned here by Pete Thamel for the KU gig.

https://twitter.com/petethamel/status/1059247308024487937?s=21

https://sports.yahoo.com/10-candidates-kansas-coaching-job-les-miles-might-man-stabilize-jayhawks-220247256.html
Money talks and KU would give him a massive raise but hopefully he'd remember what happened to his mentor Terry Allen when he bolted from an FCS power at UNI to KU.

Although I guess I wouldn't really care if my career had to take a step back in 5 years but I'm $10M+ richer.

G_Funky
11-05-2018, 01:22 AM
Goofs fired their DC today...think Klieman wants to go row the boat in that dumpster fire?

NDSUstudent
11-05-2018, 01:47 AM
Goofs fired their DC today...think Klieman wants to go row the boat in that dumpster fire?

Only has as the head coach to replace PJ "The gimmick" Fleck.

2011BisonAlumni
11-05-2018, 01:58 AM

That would be a program killer......

Alsen
11-05-2018, 05:34 AM
Ya, I think this is the year Christopher Paul Klieman gets the offer he can't refuse. Big,Big Money!

Really interesting to see who the next head coach will be. I would think they have to be expecting to lose him by now. Hopefully, plans are being made. It would be one sweet job for a big name wanting to make a comeback. Bison are loaded with talent.

bisonaudit
11-05-2018, 05:52 AM
Ya, I think this is the year Christopher Paul Klieman gets the offer he can't refuse. Big,Big Money!

Really interesting to see who the next head coach will be. I would think they have to be expecting to lose him by now. Hopefully, plans are being made. It would be one sweet job for a big name wanting to make a comeback. Bison are loaded with talent.

D. J. Durkin is available.

HerdBot
11-05-2018, 01:24 PM
Only has as the head coach to replace PJ "The gimmick" Fleck.

When Flecks teams are winning, he is probably a fun guy to play for. But if his teams are losing, he's probably annoyed AF.

But if you become a DC at Minnesota, when Fleck is inevitably fired, you're in a good position to become head coach. Meanwhile you double your pay. Of course if you dont get the job, and the defense doesn't perform, you may end up looking for another job. But if the defense performs well, it could lead to a mega job

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 01:26 PM
So many ifs. I could see if he's just mailing it in and bored with it but you can tell he just loves football. The bigger the program, the less football you deal with.

BizfrmBotno
11-05-2018, 01:54 PM
Hope it doesn't happen but if/when it does shouldn't we employ the same philosophy we do when a team member gets hurt? "NEXT MAN UP"....... It worked with Coach K, who is it on this staff?

2011BisonAlumni
11-05-2018, 03:06 PM
So many ifs. I could see if he's just mailing it in and bored with it but you can tell he just loves football. The bigger the program, the less football you deal with.

LMFAO....

I’ve read a lot of dumb shit in my life on this website, but this one takes the cake.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 03:13 PM
LMFAO....

I’ve read a lot of dumb shit in my life on this website, but this one takes the cake.

OK. Then explain...

I have said many times that he saw what climbing the coaching ladder did to his mentor Terry Allen. It's plausible that he doesn't want to go through that. Plausible doesn't mean certain. Nobody in this thread knows exactly what is going on any more than I do.

bisonp
11-05-2018, 03:48 PM
I think it was mentioned earlier, but I just don't think Klieman will be as successful at the next level as a head coach. Way too many basic game management mistakes. He is a great recruiter and has had the best players on the field in almost every game he's coached. That's not going to happen in FBS.

He'd make a good DC. I can't imagine him putting up with Fleck's circus but maybe staying near home would be a big enough draw to overcome that.

Mr. Burgundy
11-05-2018, 04:20 PM
OK. Then explain...

I have said many times that he saw what climbing the coaching ladder did to his mentor Terry Allen. It's plausible that he doesn't want to go through that. Plausible doesn't mean certain. Nobody in this thread knows exactly what is going on any more than I do.

Your last sentence is not accurate.

KNOW IT ALL
I think it was mentioned earlier, but I just don't think Klieman will be as successful at the next level as a head coach. Way too many basic game management mistakes. He is a great recruiter and has had the best players on the field in almost every game he's coached. That's not going to happen in FBS.

He'd make a good DC. I can't imagine him putting up with Fleck's circus but maybe staying near home would be a big enough draw to overcome that.

I fully agree with you on this. NDSU is a FCS train running down the tracks full speed. You need to be organized more than a 'great football mind'. There are a good number of coaches that can take over the rein's of a winning program and continue to win. There a 'VERY FEW' that can build a program from the bottom like Bohl did. I will always consider Bohl in a class by himself. How soon we forget where NDSU was at when he came to the Bison and where this program was at when he left. The Cupboard was full!!!! That man deserves a statue.

Bison 4 Life
Your last sentence is not accurate.

I forgot. The text, right?

Mr. Burgundy
11-05-2018, 04:21 PM

Lets remove the Klieman to Gophers talk. That isn't happening. You can ask Bryce Paup about coaching for that Elite program.

EC8CH
11-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Lets remove the Klieman to Gophers talk. That isn't happening. You can ask Bryce Paup about coaching for that Elite program.

Replying to note I am limited to liking a post only once.

KNOW IT ALL
11-05-2018, 07:13 PM
Hopefully Klieman sticks around for another 10 years, but I doubt he will. I'd chase the one big contract if it came my way if I were him. As for the Gophers, it sounds like the early beef on PJ (Brewster 2.0) is that he has never coached a big time FBS program, with that, should the Gophs make a change in 2-3 years I dont think it will be a first time FBS guy. Right or Wrong the Gophs next hire wont be a one hit wonder from a mid major.

BisonNeil
11-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Hopefully Klieman sticks around for another 10 years, but I doubt he will. I'd chase the one big contract if it came my way if I were him. As for the Gophers, it sounds like the early beef on PJ (Brewster 2.0) is that he has never coached a big time FBS program, with that, should the Gophs make a change in 2-3 years I dont think it will be a first time FBS guy. Right or Wrong the Gophs next hire wont be a one hit wonder from a mid major.

Fleck is a P5 coach, but there is no way in hell I would qualify the Minnesota Gophers as a "big time FBS program". If they are, then so are all of the teams in the Fun Belt Conference.

ndsubison1
11-05-2018, 09:38 PM
Klieman may get his shot somewhere. Next year we lose 14 starters. Just saying. Could be wrong.

Bison 4 Life
11-05-2018, 09:44 PM
Klieman may get his shot somewhere. Next year we lose 14 starters. Just saying. Could be wrong.

Everybody says that but when your 2's can beat a lot of other teams, is that a big deal?

I can name a dozen returning players next year that other teams would start this year.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2018, 09:45 PM

I was listening to 740 today and they had a 10 minute conversation about Klieman joining Fleck's staff, one of the guys made it seem like it was this big promotion and that $100k raise was huge. I am sitting there thinking to myself there is no way he would ever want to sign up for that dumpster fire.

NDSUstudent
11-05-2018, 09:49 PM

He has put together a quality staff that has for the most part stuck together, that is a massive quality to have a head coach. I do think he has some issues with clock management but he is a coach that went into Iowa and won. He has kept reloading talent on this team, he and staff are lights out on the recruiting trail. If he could find the right OC to help him with some things he would be more than fine in the FBS.

DakotaOkie
11-09-2018, 12:38 AM
Since my opinion is as relevant as any, I would see a place like Oklahoma having interest in a defensive minded coach like Klieman. Lincoln Riley has already fired his DC (Bob Stoop's brother) since OU can score 40 to 50+ points and still lose in the Big12. OU wants to pretend they belong in "the playoffs" and they need some defense to do so. HC, no, but DC at OU or similar universities places you in a salary bracket of close to $1 million per year. Those folks that think Klieman would somehow only relocate a few hundred miles to Iowa or Minnesota are delusional. Money isn't everything but it sure does influence life decisions. For someone in the coaching profession, there are worse things than being defensive coordinator at a P5 program.

ndsubison1
11-09-2018, 01:07 AM
Looks like KU wants Les Miles

NDSUstudent
11-09-2018, 01:24 AM

The hire the Gophers should have made.

wagsabison
11-09-2018, 03:29 AM
I fully agree with you on this. NDSU is a FCS train running down the tracks full speed. You need to be organized more than a 'great football mind'. There are a good number of coaches that can take over the rein's of a winning program and continue to win. There a 'VERY FEW' that can build a program from the bottom like Bohl did. I will always consider Bohl in a class by himself. How soon we forget where NDSU was at when he came to the Bison and where this program was at when he left. The Cupboard was full!!!! That man deserves a statue.

I do agree to some extent but this train is showing no signs of letting up and I don’t think many coaches can sustain the success that Klieman has done.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EC8CH
11-09-2018, 03:31 AM

He's an actor now.

NDSU92
11-09-2018, 05:05 AM

A lot of people want a lot of things. Would he ever actually go there??

MNLonghorn10
11-09-2018, 10:47 AM
The hire the Gophers should have made.

Man that would've been awesome to have the Hatter in MN.

Bison Loaf
11-09-2018, 01:46 PM
I, for one, CAN'T WAIT for the whole series of threads that will naturally spring from this wonderful font of inane speculation:

"Looking ahead... What changes are made after our next losing season?"
"Looking ahead... Who takes over when Trey Lance transfers?"
"Looking ahead... Where do we tailgate when the West Lot gets shut down?"
"Looking ahead... What new design is used after we lose with the Harvest Helmets?"
"Looking ahead... Who's next in here after AC/DC?"
"Looking ahead... How do we combat an NCAA investigation?"
"Looking ahead... Where will we play when the FargoDome roof caves in?"
"Looking ahead... How many suicides after UND beats us in conference play?"
"Looking ahead... What's our name gonna be after we change out of 'Bison'?"

MankatoBison
11-09-2018, 02:12 PM
Gotta love the morons that think that Klieman EVER leaving is "insane speculation".. HAhahahah, yeah, because SO many NDSU coaches have coached here until their dying breath.

Wenskunas, Anderson, Luymes, Danielson, Mudra, Erhardt, Kjelbertson, Wacker, Morton, Solomonson, Hager, Babich and Bohl were all lifers here. not a single one of them ever took another job after NDSU

Vet70
11-09-2018, 03:06 PM
Gotta love the morons that think that Klieman EVER leaving is "insane speculation".. HAhahahah, yeah, because SO many NDSU coaches have coached here until their dying breath.

Wenskunas, Anderson, Luymes, Danielson, Mudra, Erhardt, Kjelbertson, Wacker, Morton, Solomonson, Hager, Babich and Bohl were all lifers here. not a single one of them ever took another job after NDSU

Maybe not inane, but some are acting like Klieman already has one foot out the door. It's all reading tea leaves, using TAB's Magic 8 Ball, goat entrails, tarot cards, voodoo, seances, fortune telling, emanations from the late Miss Cleo, ouija boards, vision quests, and throwing and reading bones. He could be here another 10 years and all of the replacements mentioned could be dead. I would be willing to bet that the only one to know for sure is Coach. Did I mention this thread is bad juju?

Bison 4 Life
11-09-2018, 03:09 PM
Maybe not inane, but some are acting like Klieman already has one foot out the door. It's all reading tea leaves, using TAB's Magic 8 Ball, goat entrails, tarot cards, voodoo, seances, fortune telling, emanations from the late Miss Cleone, ouija boards, vision quests, and throwing and reading bones. He could be here another 10 years and all of the replacements mentioned could be dead. I would be willing to bet that the only one to know for sure is Coach. Did I mention this thread is bad juju?

Also, I think at least 30-40% of those guys were actually fired.

56BISON73
11-09-2018, 03:27 PM

Kjelbertson was fired and never coached a team again. So yes you are wrong.

Plus the title says ...who's after klieman....
To my knowledge...nobody is after him at this juncture.

Bison Loaf
11-09-2018, 03:37 PM
Maybe not inane, but some are acting like Klieman already has one foot out the door.

How dare you question the OP and the original premise of this thread! :)

……….., but I would imagine that Klieman gets a better offer to Coach elsewhere at the end of the year ..

Besides ...……………. my musings are just as relevant as Mankato's speculations on Klieman.

Do you think that we're NEVER going to have a losing season again?
Do you think that we're NEVER going to have a player transfer again?
Do you think that the West Lot will NEVER get shut down for repairs, or convention centers, or anything else, EVER?
Do you think that we will NEVER lose while wearing the Harvest Helmets?
Do you think that AC/DC will NEVER …………………. wait a minute ……... I think we'll just skip this one for the sake of brevity. :paperbag:

Do you think that we'll NEVER have issues with the NCAA? (Well Ok, I'll give you that one as never gonna happen. :praying: )
Do you think the Fargo Dome will remain structurally sound in perpetuity?
Do you think that we will NEVER lose again to UND? (Ok, admittedly, this one is a stretch, as it is indeed very likely to never happen again, but dammit, I'm not immune to the use of hyperbole either!)
Do you think that the animal rights activists will NEVER come after NDSU's mascot?

Now, I don't know anything that you all don't, but I would not be surprised if all of these things happen .......................... by the end of the year! :)

Bison Loaf
11-09-2018, 04:01 PM
Maybe not inane, but some are acting like Klieman already has one foot out the door. It's all reading tea leaves, using TAB's Magic 8 Ball, goat entrails, tarot cards, voodoo, seances, fortune telling, emanations from the late Miss Cleo, ouija boards, vision quests, and throwing and reading bones. He could be here another 10 years and all of the replacements mentioned could be dead. I would be willing to bet that the only one to know for sure is Coach. Did I mention this thread is bad juju?

To be fair, I think you're being a little hard on Ouija Boards. A hot board, and a six-pack of malt liquor, has provided many an entertaining night for the Loafster. :nod:

unbison
11-09-2018, 07:28 PM

Lighten up PL

MankatoBison
11-09-2018, 08:01 PM

uhhh what? what did I say that was "wrong"? How on earth did I say something that was wrong? I didnt even make a statement outside, of none of these guys coached here until they died.

Bison 4 Life
11-09-2018, 08:14 PM
uhhh what? what did I say that was "wrong"? How on earth did I say something that was wrong? I didnt even make a statement outside, of none of these guys coached here until they died.

You called people morons while simultaneously misrepresenting their positions and insinuating that all of the coaches you listed left on their own accord.

I mean. That's just a few examples.

MankatoBison
11-09-2018, 09:36 PM
You called people morons while simultaneously misrepresenting their positions and insinuating that all of the coaches you listed left on their own accord.

I mean. That's just a few examples.

I never insinuated that they all left on their own accord. I made a point that none of those coaches stayed here forever, none stayed until they died. They retired, got other jobs, got fired, WHATEVER. Someone always followed them as head coach. That isn't "Wrong". Its an actual, verifiable, measurable fact. None of those people are still our coach.

yes, anyone who believes Klieman will be here forever is a moron. Anyone who believes that its "insane speculation" that NDSU will someday have a head coach not named Chris Klieman is indeed a moron.

You personally are a moron for being triggered by the simple truth that someday, maybe even soon, NDSU will have another head coach. I will be sure to check with you and PL in the future before letting my mind wander in regards to NDSU's coaching staff. goodness gracious

MankatoBison
11-09-2018, 09:39 PM

So thats it? NDSU is just gonna close up shop on the football program after Klieman?

Matt Larson: Okay now that chris has either retired, been fired, died, or taken a new position, who's our guy? Who's after Klieman?
NDSU Admin: No one. No one comes after Klieman, PL has spoken.
Fans: well this was fun while it lasted. NDSU had a good run

tjbison
11-09-2018, 09:44 PM
Bubba might be looking for Job

TAILG8R
11-09-2018, 10:18 PM
After a long couple days at a conference, sitting at the bar in Miami drinking a beer and decompressing ... bisonville never disappoints. Or always disappoints I can't seem to choose which.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

GreenfieldBison
11-09-2018, 11:08 PM
After a long couple days at a conference, sitting at the bar in Miami drinking a beer and decompress in ... bisonville never disappoints. Or always disappoints I can't seem to choose which.

It’s both. Need I explain?

You’re in Miami drinking at a bar on the company dime? I hate you.

TAILG8R
11-10-2018, 12:21 AM
You're right it is both that's why I can't stay away.
It’s both. Need I explain?

You’re in Miami drinking at a bar on the company dime? I hate you.

SoCalBison
11-10-2018, 01:05 AM
After a long couple days at a conference, sitting at the bar in Miami drinking a beer and decompress in ... bisonville never disappoints. Or always disappoints I can't seem to choose which.

Sounds like you should be drinking 2 beers--one for never disappoints, the other for always disappoints.

GSUsTALON
11-10-2018, 02:05 AM

It really stinks when you do well, in NDSUs case great, & your HC is picked off & even worse when he takes his staff with him.

Catman
11-10-2018, 02:10 AM
If he is not at Kansas state as the head coach. He will be coaching the bison!

56BISON73
11-10-2018, 03:34 AM
So thats it? NDSU is just gonna close up shop on the football program after Klieman?

Matt Larson: Okay now that chris has either retired, been fired, died, or taken a new position, who's our guy? Who's after Klieman?
NDSU Admin: No one. No one comes after Klieman, PL has spoken.
Fans: well this was fun while it lasted. NDSU had a good run

You need to work on your reading comprehension. Do I need to explain what this statement means?----To my knowledge...nobody is after him at this juncture.
Nothing was said or inferred to the future.

You sure fall apart pretty easily. But your non-sensical ramblings are always amusing when you do.

Wally
11-15-2018, 02:59 AM
https://twitter.com/fargobige/status/1062916701157818368?s=21

Here. We. Go.

EC8CH
11-15-2018, 03:08 AM

Here. We. Go.

Article doesn't really offer any proof to substantiate the Headline.

Does Klieman's past with Tayor all by itself make him the "Top Candidate"? A candidate definitely, but top candidate is a bit much, but you know... Mcfeely.

ndsubison1
11-15-2018, 03:12 AM
He would be a high candidate, but having Taylor there doesnt guarantee they'd hire him

Wally
11-15-2018, 03:20 AM
It’s going to be very interesting on how Gene will navigate this Snyder situation. Snyder’s contract clause gives him “appropriate input” when hiring his replacement. I’m not even sure what that means when the rubber finally hits the road

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/columnist/george-schroeder/2018/08/13/bill-snyder-new-contract-kansas-state/965933002/

El_Chapo
11-15-2018, 03:36 AM
Article doesn't really offer any proof to substantiate the Headline.

Does Klieman's past with Tayor all by itself make him the "Top Candidate"? A candidate definitely, but top candidate is a bit much, but you know... Mcfeely.

PURE SPECULATION by mcfooly. Who lost his radio gig. Lol

K state fans on eMaw would rather have Craig Bohl than klieman

bisonfanette
11-15-2018, 04:23 AM
You need to work on your reading comprehension. Do I need to explain what this statement means?----To my knowledge...nobody is after him at this juncture.

You sure fall apart pretty easily. But your non-sensical ramblings are always amusing when you do.

OMG!!!!!!! :facepalm: :facepalm:

56BISON73
11-15-2018, 04:55 AM
OMG!!!!!!! :facepalm: :facepalm:

I was wondering how dramatic and childish you were going to get after I told you to delete my number from your phone. You did not disappoint. :rofl:

bisonfanette
11-15-2018, 05:33 AM
I was wondering how dramatic and childish you were going to get after I told you to delete my number from your phone. You did not disappoint. :rofl:

YOU sure fall apart pretty easily, but your nonsensical ramblings are always amusing when you do!!! Fits doesn't it!
Good God Man, take your medication! Telling people they are WRONG??? Who in the heck do you think you are?
Telling people to work on their reading comprehension? The constant insults are uncalled for. Listen to your friend unbison, & lighten up.
YOU have no idea if anyone is "After the Coach" at this juncture, or any other juncture for that matter. As if PL knows. What a joke.
For your inf, I have 4 other Pats in my phone. Two are relatives. The only reason you were in my contacts is because YOU CALLED me about GRIZ tickets. That's why you were in there in the first place. When you continually come off with your "Better than thou attitude" you're right... I won't disappoint.

Christopher Moen
11-15-2018, 05:52 AM
Calm down everyone.....playoffs are coming.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

56BISON73
11-15-2018, 05:57 AM
YOU sure fall apart pretty easily, but your nonsensical ramblings are always amusing when you do!!! Fits doesn't it!
Good God Man, take your medication! Telling people they are WRONG??? Who in the heck do you think you are?
Telling people to work on their reading comprehension? The constant insults are uncalled for. Listen to your friend unbison, & lighten up.
YOU have no idea if anyone is "After the Coach" at this juncture, or any other juncture for that matter. As if PL knows. What a joke.
For your inf, I have 4 other Pats in my phone. Two are relatives. The only reason you were in my contacts is because YOU CALLED me about GRIZ tickets. That's why you were in there in the first place. When you continually come off with your "Better than thou attitude" you're right... I won't disappoint.

Dramatic and childish----Bravo Nice show!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

unbison
11-15-2018, 10:24 AM
Dramatic and childish----Bravo Nice show!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rofl:

No her post was spot on .....

1998braves64
11-15-2018, 11:43 AM
Do we need a couple 2009 seasons to get bisonville right again?

This place is going to melt down when the run ends.

Get ur popcorn ready.

Bison 4 Life
11-15-2018, 12:20 PM
https://media0.giphy.com/media/LO0t921ARXhPG/giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095bed72744c39526b322f0cad

JMB
11-15-2018, 12:59 PM
The Kansas State angle is interesting, just because whomever Gene picks his legacy is married to that person. Plus, Kansas State is a football school. It's not Alabama or Texas, but it isn't Iowa State or Minnesota either. If Gene rolls the dice and picks a "longshot" coach (and I call Chris a long shot mainly due to his resume not having a lot of FBS experience), I could see it raising eyebrows. That being said, if he is a leader, he needs to do what he thinks is right.

tjbison
11-15-2018, 01:12 PM
lol..WTF is going on around here, I feel like i'm in High School again. now I remember why I took a break for 8 months

KNOW IT ALL
11-15-2018, 01:33 PM
The Kansas State angle is interesting, just because whomever Gene picks his legacy is married to that person. Plus, Kansas State is a football school. It's not Alabama or Texas, but it isn't Iowa State or Minnesota either. If Gene rolls the dice and picks a "longshot" coach (and I call Chris a long shot mainly due to his resume not having a lot of FBS experience), I could see it raising eyebrows. That being said, if he is a leader, he needs to do what he thinks is right.

K State is the classic hostage situation created by long time legends. They eventually cannot change, adapt to current recruiting trends and coaching styles. The University builds stadiums named after them as if they are gods, which they start believing they are (in a coaching sense). Than and only than do they hold the University hostage by pitting the old gaurd and new gaurd against one another by demanding thier frckn KID gets the job when they leave. A kid that will coach like dad and continue to run a program downward. All along the fans turns against one another taking sides. Taylor will eventually lose his job over this mess, or, hate it!!!

BisonLaw
11-15-2018, 01:40 PM

Here. We. Go.

Leave it to you know who to write a completely speculative article going into the final week of the regular season and senior day. Is what he's saying legit? Sure. Obviously Gene will look hard at Chris. But McFooley could have wrote this same article in January or July, but nah let's stir up a little controversy going into the end of the season and a month before early signing.

KNOW IT ALL
11-15-2018, 01:44 PM
Leave it to you know who to write a completely speculative article going into the final week of the regular season and senior day. Is what he's saying legit? Sure. Obviously Gene will look hard at Chris. But McFooley could have wrote this same article in January or July, but nah let's stir up a little controversy going into the end of the season and a month before early signing.

It is, sort of, HIS JOB!!!! And, he is making nothing up. I dont think players, coaches, anybody would be too caught of guard by any such talk as it is part of any very successful program.

tony
11-15-2018, 01:58 PM

Can't really blame McFeely since Bisonville had a thread about this long before he brought it up.

That said, every time this thread pops to the top of the board (and here I am doing it), it's like "<Insert name of diety>! Not this <insert expletive modifier(s)> <insert synonym for excrement> again!" I don't see the entertainment value or usefulness of it, and here I am bumping it to the top. The AD will make the choice without our input and, hopefully, with a lot more expertise.

Yes, Chris Klieman could take a new opportunity, but, just like with Bohl, it'll probably come as a surprise though no matter how many times people post "Omigod! An FBS job opened up! CK is going to get it!" I'm with BisonLaw, this seems not only pointless but kind of stupid considering the timing. Why not go to recruits' twitter feeds and ask them who they would want to have on a new coaching staff? Hint: Because it's GD stupid, that's why.

No matter what, NDSU is losing a ton of leadership this year from the senior class - to me, having the right leadership in the locker room is just as important as having the right people in the coaches' offices.

Professor Chaos
11-15-2018, 02:01 PM
The big question is whether Klieman would be "a" top candidate or "the" top candidate. Being a top candidate is pretty obvious and many before this have already made that connection. Being the top candidate is just poking the Bisonville hornet's nest by one of the "the" top offenders in that category. Clemson DC Brent Venables and Oregon DC (and former USF HC) Jim Leavitt are both former K-State assistants (Venables is also an alum) that would have to be "top candidates" themselves.

BisonLaw
11-15-2018, 02:17 PM
Can't really blame McFeely since Bisonville had a thread about this long before he brought it up.

That said, every time this thread pops to the top of the board (and here I am doing it), it's like "<Insert name of diety>! Not this <insert expletive modifier(s)> <insert synonym for excrement> again!" I don't see the entertainment value or usefulness of it, and here I am bumping it to the top. The AD will make the choice without our input and, hopefully, with a lot more expertise.

Yes, Chris Klieman could take a new opportunity, but, just like with Bohl, it'll probably come as a surprise though no matter how many times people post "Omigod! An FBS job opened up! CK is going to get it!" I'm with BisonLaw, this seems not only pointless but kind of stupid considering the timing. Why not go to recruits' twitter feeds and ask them who they would want to have on a new coaching staff? Hint: Because it's GD stupid, that's why.

No matter what, NDSU is losing a ton of leadership this year from the senior class - to me, having the right leadership in the locker room is just as important as having the right people in the coaches' offices.

That's my problem with the article. If Kansas State loses it's next two games, then Bill Snyder might step down, then his son might not get the job, then Gene Taylor might hire Chris Klieman.

I actually don't have a problem with the what happens after he leaves talk, because it's an interesting discussion. But speculating when and where is just silly. Craig Bohl left for freaking Wyoming doing the middle of a playoff run.

Professor Chaos
11-15-2018, 02:22 PM
Having the right leadership in the weight room for the offseason S&C program is also vital. I still think that retaining Kramer when Bohl left was almost as important as retaining Klieman in terms of keeping this train barreling down the tracks.

StL Bison Fan
11-15-2018, 02:29 PM
That's my problem with the article. If Kansas State loses it's next two games, then Bill Snyder might step down, then his son might not get the job, then Gene Taylor might hire Chris Klieman.

I actually don't have a problem with the what happens after he leaves talk, because it's an interesting discussion. But speculating when and where is just silly. Craig Bohl left for freaking Wyoming doing the middle of a playoff run.

I think it was assumed (dangerous I know) that his son would get the job.
Could be interesting to follow. I’m sure our staff has thought about this.

KNOW IT ALL
11-15-2018, 02:39 PM

The purpose of these such sites is exactly what this thread is doing, Speculation, talk, banter, chatter, discussion. Actually, discussing this topic right after its touched on by USA today and McFeeley in his article makes this the precise reason to have such banter. WAIT!!! Maybe we should keep topics only on discussing over, and over and over and over statistics???? You know, no thought, no imagination, NO OPINONS, just the facts being 'hard statistics'. Now thats fun!! We can call it STATISTICSVILLE

BisonNeil
11-15-2018, 02:44 PM
Having the right leadership in the weight room for the offseason S&C program is also vital. I still think that retaining Kramer when Bohl left was almost as important as retaining Klieman in terms of keeping this train barreling down the tracks.

You nailed it!

tony
11-15-2018, 02:47 PM
The purpose of these such sites is exactly what this thread is doing, Speculation, talk, banter, chatter, discussion. Actually, discussing this topic right after its touched on by USA today and McFeeley in his article makes this the precise reason to have such banter. WAIT!!! Maybe we should keep topics only on discussing over, and over and over and over statistics???? You know, no thought, no imagination, NO OPINONS, just the facts being 'hard statistics'. Now thats fun!! We can call it STATISTICSVILLE

No, I just prefer entertaining threads. I don't happen to get any entertainment from "omigod the coach leaving" threads even when they are started in the off-season. That's an opinion. Do you really find the topic of this thread entertaining?

Note: If CK gets an opportunity and wants to pursue it, really, no coach deserves it more, and I think he'd be up for the task.

Christopher Moen
11-15-2018, 02:48 PM

You do realize who runs this place, right?

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Bison"FANatic"
11-15-2018, 02:56 PM
FCS head coach to Power5 head coach is quite a leap for any AD to make and sell to his/her University. If you are wrong you are gone and probably never get another Power5 AD job. It would take nuts the size of bowling balls and made out of titanium. Now Clemson DC to Kstate and Klieman to Clemson as DC is a interesting thought.

MankatoBison
11-15-2018, 03:05 PM

The word "after" implicitly implies something in the future. It is the actual definition of the word. "after: defined as located farther aft". When used in regards to time, it refers to a time in the future.

I guess someone didn't watch enough sesame street as a kid to learn such complex words as "After"

Goodness Gracious PL

KNOW IT ALL
11-15-2018, 03:36 PM
I just heard from a very reliable source at Chubs Pub that Klieman has a standing offer at KSU and they are working out the financials. This is done deal people and coach K wont be around by Thanksgiving. I also heard that some of the seniors wont be showing up this week for senior day and may even quit. This is really starting to look BAD!!!!!

Professor Chaos
11-15-2018, 03:42 PM
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101224032158/jackyman225/images/3/3f/Brick_yelling.jpg

Bison Loaf
11-15-2018, 03:46 PM
The word "after" implicitly implies something in the future. It is the actual definition of the word. "after: defined as located farther aft". When used in regards to time, it refers to a time in the future.

I guess someone didn't watch enough sesame street as a kid to learn such complex words as "After"

Goodness Gracious PL

Hey Elmo, I'm pretty sure Sesame Street was not around when all of us old, crusty "get off my lawn" types were growing up. Frankly, we spent our time outside ………. you know, actually doing stuff.

But even though many of us may have been deprived of this great bastion of learning that you speak of, I'm pretty sure that some of us DID learn, once upon a time, that many words - including the word "after" - actually have more than one meaning.

I know, shocker right? :facepalm:

(Someone's light bulb about to come on in ………….. 3 ...……… 2 ...………..1 ………….)

Bisonator98
11-15-2018, 04:00 PM
I just heard from a very reliable source at Chubs Pub that Klieman has a standing offer at KSU and they are working out the financials. This is done deal people and coach K wont be around by Thanksgiving. I also heard that some of the seniors wont be showing up this week for senior day and may even quit. This is really starting to look BAD!!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

runtheoption
11-15-2018, 04:14 PM
If Gene rolls the dice and picks a "longshot" coach (and I call Chris a long shot mainly due to his resume not having a lot of FBS experience), I could see it raising eyebrows.

Taylor will eventually lose his job over this mess, or, hate it!!!

Obviously Gene will look hard at Chris.

If Taylor hires Klieman, and it doesn't work out, Taylor will be just fine if he loses his job. He is in that "I'm gonna do what I want" phase of his career. He is 61 years old, and if he loses his job over this next hire, he would probably be in that 64-67 year old range before that would happen.

Bison56
11-15-2018, 04:22 PM
FCS head coach to Power5 head coach is quite a leap for any AD to make and sell to his/her University. If you are wrong you are gone and probably never get another Power5 AD job. It would take nuts the size of bowling balls and made out of titanium. Now Clemson DC to Kstate and Klieman to Clemson as DC is a interesting thought.

That's exactly what I posted on AGS earlier. :nod: would not be surprised alt all if it happened.

Wally
11-15-2018, 04:43 PM
Or CK to K-State as the DC

That's exactly what I posted on AGS earlier. :nod: would not be surprised alt all if it happened.

MankatoBison
11-15-2018, 04:44 PM
Hey Elmo, I'm pretty sure Sesame Street was not around when all of us old, crusty "get off my lawn" types were growing up. Frankly, we spent our time outside ………. you know, actually doing stuff.

But even though many of us may have been deprived of this great bastion of learning that you speak of, I'm pretty sure that some of us DID learn, once upon a time, that many words - including the word "after" - actually have more than one meaning.

I know, shocker right? :facepalm:

(Someone's light bulb about to come on in ………….. 3 ...……… 2 ...………..1 ………….)

Admitting you don't know what the word "after" means.... to dunk on people who... DO know what "after" means..

Damn you guys, how am I going to recover from this sick burn

El_Chapo
11-15-2018, 04:47 PM

if PL is being a Dick to Fanette on a public forum... then the shark has jumped the tank & he should be committed. www.prairie.com
She is the sweetest person ever. wow.

EC8CH
11-15-2018, 05:11 PM
If you are Gene Taylor why not hire the son but put him on a short leash? K-State football sucks right now and if he can't improve things within a few years, cut him loose and go hire your guy at that point. You could say you gave the legacy hire a shot, but by then the Snyder worship will have died down and the fanbase will be more inclined to welcome an outside hire?

That seems like the sound long term play to me. Maybe Taylor doesn't have that kind of time to let things play out?

Mr. Burgundy
11-15-2018, 05:17 PM
His son is a special teams coach. He isn't getting the job.

There is a very good 10 minute video on youtube that the K State media did on the top 10 candidates. It lists all of the guys that this site has probably listed. #1 was Chris and they made it sound like a no brainer. This is a legit concern, and if he decides to take the opportunity if it were to come, then CONGRATS...he has earned it. Expectations are crazy high, and he has been brilliant. Hopefully if this happens, there is some way to do it professionally this time. Gene understands that I am sure after dealing with it. Hopefully SCott Frost doing it last year maybe is a better example of how to do it.

Until then, this week is all about the seniors who committed to Chris, Tyler, Nick and the small staff who stayed. They have truly been amazing. Congrats to the kids. That is what this is all about.

Mr. Burgundy
11-15-2018, 05:18 PM
Finally, my gut feel...I don't think Snyder retires. I think he will get grumpy his son won't get it, so he will want to stay on. Crazy situation. Gene didn't take a bigtime job to not have the final say.

HandoEX
11-15-2018, 05:38 PM
Had to find/watch the vid mentioned by Mr.Burgandy

https://youtu.be/IXxlMo3eq9s

EC8CH
11-15-2018, 05:39 PM
His son is a special teams coach. He isn't getting the job.

There is a very good 10 minute video on youtube that the K State media did on the top 10 candidates. It lists all of the guys that this site has probably listed. #1 was Chris and they made it sound like a no brainer. This is a legit concern, and if he decides to take the opportunity if it were to come, then CONGRATS...he has earned it. Expectations are crazy high, and he has been brilliant. Hopefully if this happens, there is some way to do it professionally this time. Gene understands that I am sure after dealing with it. Hopefully SCott Frost doing it last year maybe is a better example of how to do it.

Until then, this week is all about the seniors who committed to Chris, Tyler, Nick and the small staff who stayed. They have truly been amazing. Congrats to the kids. That is what this is all about.

Guessing this is the article:

https://www.chatsports.com/kansas-state-wildcats/a/top-10-candidates-replace-bill-snyder-next-kansas-state-football-head-coach-if-he-retires-39596

EC8CH
11-15-2018, 05:53 PM
Interesting this article regarding the Kansas candidates only lists Klieman as a third tier choice:

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/for-kansas-football-to-succeed-its-next-coach-must-be-able-to-afford-to-fail/

Either the Taylor connection is being overly considered at Kansas State, or the writer of the Kansas article is underestimating Klieman.

Welcome to Klieman watch 2018! Good times.

JMB
11-15-2018, 06:58 PM
You do realize who runs this place, right?

I thought we were an anarcho-syndicalist commune, were we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week?

tony
11-15-2018, 07:00 PM
I thought we were an anarcho-syndicalist commune, were we take it in turns to act as a sort of executive officer for the week?

I'm pretty sure KNOW IT ALL is being oppressed.

56BISON73
11-15-2018, 07:03 PM
No, I just prefer entertaining threads. I don't happen to get any entertainment from "omigod the coach leaving" threads even when they are started in the off-season. That's an opinion. Do you really find the topic of this thread entertaining?

Note: If CK gets an opportunity and wants to pursue it, really, no coach deserves it more, and I think he'd be up for the task.

Well said.

Bison Loaf
11-15-2018, 07:12 PM

What I am hearing you say is:

Looking ahead...……….. Who's after Tony? (or is it "Who's pursuing Tony?" ……….. "after" is kind of a hard word for me) :)

Looking ahead...………. Who's after Bisonville's Executive Officer of the week?

Looking ahead...………. When the hell does Bison Loaf finally get his turn around here, dammit?

GreenfieldBison
11-15-2018, 07:18 PM

I agree with this.

MAKBison
11-15-2018, 07:31 PM
If coach K goes he goes....good for him. I just hope he does not take the entire staff. I assume JK stays given his kids and xwife

Btw....regardless I think TRoehl needs to leave so he can come back

El_Chapo
11-15-2018, 07:33 PM
well said.

smoooooooooooooooooooooch