PDA

View Full Version : Illinois St

Professor Chaos
10-15-2018, 07:12 PM
Figured we needed a pre-gameday thread for this one. Illinois St comes in at 5-1 (2-1) with their only loss being a head scratcher to Missouri St. They have a dominating win over FBS Colorado St (who aren't that bad - they're 3-4 overall and 2-1 in the Mountain West) under their belt as well.

Some injury updates for the Bison from Klieman's press conference this afternoon: both Bruce Anderson and Robbie Grimsley sustained hamstring injuries that "weren't as severe as originally expected" (source: Jeff Culhane's twitter) so Klieman says both may play against the Redbirds. He also said Seth Wilson is "not available" and that Tanner Volson and Caleb Butler should be good to go this week.

Another big one in the Fargodome this week! Since we're fans we can look ahead and if the Bison can win this one 11-0 becomes pretty likely.

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2018, 07:14 PM
We're a hotdogging bunch of shitbirds who can't tackle and have only one good WR.

Gonna lose by 3 TD's and their 7 foot tall 400 lb RBs who all run 3.7 40's are going to get 1000 yds rushing.

Did I cover everything?

Vet70
10-15-2018, 07:16 PM
We're a hotdogging bunch of shitbirds who can't tackle and have only one good WR.

Gonna lose by 3 TD's and their 7 foot tall 400 lb RBs who all run 3.7 40's are going to get 1000 yds rushing.

Did I cover everything?

We are doomed.

Honeybooboo
10-15-2018, 07:17 PM

Did I cover everything?

and KVLY sucks, our fanbase is too old, crowd sucks, and students suck

BattleBorn
10-15-2018, 07:22 PM
and KVLY sucks, our fanbase is too old, crowd sucks, and students suck

Thundar's head is falling off!

tony
10-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Thundar's head is falling off!

Time to go to Aspen?

scottietohottie
10-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Is this going to be a standard length game? Or has Spack requested more time so they don't run out?

Mr Meaty
10-15-2018, 07:27 PM

Did I cover everything?
You are still drunk from Macomb. I am not kidding either.

Professor Chaos
10-15-2018, 07:30 PM
Is this going to be a standard length game? Or has Spack requested more time so they don't run out?
Good question.

On a related note he apparently made a bet with his players that if they beat SIU by more than 5 TDs last Saturday he'd shave the stache. He's going to look 20 years younger in this trip to the Fargo! Don't know what's going to happen to his mustache's twitter feed now though (looks like it's been pretty dead lately anyway): https://twitter.com/TheSpackStache

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2018, 07:39 PM
You are still drunk from Macomb. I am not kidding either.

Next time I'm sticking to liquor.

cbline
10-15-2018, 07:39 PM

Did I cover everything?

Missed one thing. I got an email from NDSU Athletics calling for a "Code Green Game" in the stands. I wear yellow, come Hell or high water.

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2018, 07:41 PM
Missed one thing. I got an email from NDSU Athletics calling for a "Code Green Game" in the stands. I wear yellow, come Hell or high water.

It's the only game PL wears what he's told to.

StL Bison Fan
10-15-2018, 07:43 PM

Only time I get to wear my code green shirt. I’m ok with it

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2018, 07:44 PM
Good question.

On a related note he apparently made a bet with his players that if they beat SIU by more than 5 TDs last Saturday he'd shave the stache. He's going to look 20 years younger in this trip to the Fargo! Don't know what's going to happen to his mustache's twitter feed now though (looks like it's been pretty dead lately anyway): https://twitter.com/TheSpackStache

I'll tell you what, they beat NDSU and he may never grow it back.

56BISON73
10-15-2018, 07:55 PM

What??? The school is asking you to wear green and you wont???? Just wait somebody is going to question whether your a team player etc etc etc.:rofl:

56BISON73
10-15-2018, 07:56 PM
It's the only game PL wears what he's told to.

I cant wear yellow?????

Bison 4 Life
10-15-2018, 07:59 PM
I cant wear yellow?????

Keep the apron on, all the bases will be covered.

Vet70
10-15-2018, 08:12 PM
What??? The school is asking you to wear green and you wont???? Just wait somebody is going to question whether your a team player etc etc etc.:rofl:

Cue the fashion police. You know who you are.

G_Funky
10-15-2018, 08:15 PM
Code Green in the stands must mean all green unis for the Bison? Harvest helmets and all?

GOBISON123
10-15-2018, 08:34 PM
Brock Spack lost a bet and shaved his mustache. So apparently this years team is not like the team of previous years. RedBirds have a legit QB and they are playing like the RedBirds from the TreRoberson /Coprich era.

BisonNation11
10-15-2018, 08:37 PM
Code Green in the stands must mean all green unis for the Bison? Harvest helmets and all?

Saw a guy on Facebook that had an email to AD. Larson said they won't be all color rush for the foreseeable future. Will stick with traditional looks. Take that for what it's worth. I'm really hoping they go full color rush some game.

G_Funky
10-15-2018, 08:54 PM
Saw a guy on Facebook that had an email to AD. Larson said they won't be all color rush for the foreseeable future. Will stick with traditional looks. Take that for what it's worth. I'm really hoping they go full color rush some game.

actually only half serious...if i recall the topic has been discussed at lengths multiple times. i am interested to see how well the colors actually match up.

Rixen
10-15-2018, 09:21 PM
What I noticed from a quick stats look:

- Our offenses seem very similar. I would say the only difference between our offense and theirs is that Easton is a legit running threat but their QB is not. Both QBs have had solid but unspectacular throwing seasons thus far. Otherwise dual talented RB threat with obvious reliance on one WR for both teams. TEs only utilized in red zone for both teams. If Bruce was healthy I would give us the running edge, if not I say a push. Slight edge NDSU due to Easton's running being the X factor.

- Defenses also seem very familiar. Turning the ball over at a high clip and shutting down the run game. Only difference here is that NDSU is getting to the QB at a better rate. Almost twice as many sacks for NDSU, 21 to 11. Slight edge to NDSU for our pass rush.

- Special teams are yet again pretty equal. One factor is that although Cam is not automatic, their kicker has gone 5-9 in FGs and missed 2 XP so far this year.

- Homefield advantage for another slight edge.

This should be a great game. Easton's legs, our pass rush, and a loud dome seem to be the key ingredients to a Bison win this Saturday.

Rixen
10-15-2018, 09:32 PM
Brock Spack lost a bet and shaved his mustache. So apparently this years team is not like the team of previous years. RedBirds have a legit QB and they are playing like the RedBirds from the TreRoberson /Coprich era.

This is such a lazy take. Their QB has shown zero propensity to be a dual threat QB like Roberson and I don't think they have anyone like O'Shaughnessey at TE. Not entirely sure they have WRs like Meredith (in the NFL) and Warrum either. Totally changes the dynamic of their offense in comparison. Robinson is a fantastic RB though.

I can't speak confidently to their defensive comparison but they had Pat Meehan and Tevin Allen and I remember those two being great. They are a quality MVFC team that runs the hell out of the ball with solid QB play and a stout defense. They might forge their own path and become great but pump the brakes. That Illinois St. team was special.

Honeybooboo
10-15-2018, 11:52 PM
This is such a lazy take. Their QB has shown zero propensity to be a dual threat QB like Roberson and I don't think they have anyone like O'Shaughnessey at TE. Not entirely sure they have WRs like Meredith (in the NFL) and Warrum either. Totally changes the dynamic of their offense in comparison. Robinson is a fantastic RB though.

I can't speak confidently to their defensive comparison but they had Pat Meehan and Tevin Allen and I remember those two being great. They are a quality MVFC team that runs the hell out of the ball with solid QB play and a stout defense. They might forge their own path and become great but pump the brakes. That Illinois St. team was special.

this^^^^^^

ndsubison1
10-16-2018, 12:20 AM
This will be a tough game if we don't bring it.

Bison 4 Life
10-16-2018, 12:38 AM
This will be a tough game if we don't bring it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1031910703198691328/LTmr-lUi_400x400.jpg

Tony Almeida
10-16-2018, 12:44 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/1031910703198691328/LTmr-lUi_400x400.jpgNDSU wins if they score more points. So lets do this!

Christopher Moen
10-16-2018, 12:45 AM
Figured we needed a pre-gameday thread for this one. Illinois St comes in at 5-1 (2-1) with their only loss being a head scratcher to Missouri St. They have a dominating win over FBS Colorado St (who aren't that bad - they're 3-4 overall and 2-1 in the Mountain West) under their belt as well.

Some injury updates for the Bison from Klieman's press conference this afternoon: both Bruce Anderson and Robbie Grimsley sustained hamstring injuries that "weren't as severe as originally expected" (source: Jeff Culhane's twitter) so Klieman says both may play against the Redbirds. He also said Seth Wilson is "not available" and that Tanner Volson and Caleb Butler should be good to go this week.

Another big one in the Fargodome this week! Since we're fans we can look ahead and if the Bison can win this one 11-0 becomes pretty likely.

This should be another good MVFC game, but in regards to Illinois State's win over CSU, I will disagree that the Rams aren't that bad. They are not doing that campus and town any justice this year.

Bison03
10-16-2018, 01:20 AM
actually only half serious...if i recall the topic has been discussed at lengths multiple times. i am interested to see how well the colors actually match up.
They don’t, thats why they will never do it. They are different material so the color is off. I am hoping for the return of the yellow pants on the road which I have seen a pic of in NDSU social media.

Professor Chaos
10-16-2018, 01:35 AM
This should be another good MVFC game, but in regards to Illinois State's win over CSU, I will disagree that the Rams aren't that bad. They are not doing that campus and town any justice this year.
That's generally what happens when you lose to an FCS team by 3+ TDs (they got a garbage TD to make the margin "only" 16 points).

CAS4127
10-16-2018, 01:43 AM
That's generally what happens when you lose to an FCS team by 3+ TDs (they got a garbage TD to make the margin "only" 16 points).

What Northwestern team did ISUR beat?

Edit: Looks their online schedule is effed up for this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stary2k11
10-16-2018, 02:41 AM
What Northwestern team did ISUR beat?

Edit: Looks their online schedule is effed up for this year.

Colorado State

CAS4127
10-16-2018, 02:46 AM
Colorado State

Yeah—here’s what their game scores look like when I googled them:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181016/85e5fd092d964d47cf67f38dabc7ee1d.png

Stary2k11
10-16-2018, 03:00 AM
I’ve noticed that with several teams. Our schedule on google shows the Iowa game before the opener this year. Weird.

Christopher Moen
10-16-2018, 03:46 AM

I think Illinois State, and a few other MVFC teams, would do well this season the Mountain West.

With that said, this game will probably be a lot like the SDSU game - a ten point margin for the winner.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

Facts
10-16-2018, 03:52 AM
Time to go to Aspen?

California. Nice.

Christopher Moen
10-16-2018, 05:56 AM
California. Nice.

That John Denver is full of.....

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

MNLonghorn10
10-16-2018, 10:10 AM
Yeah—here’s what their game scores look like when I googled them:
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20181016/85e5fd092d964d47cf67f38dabc7ee1d.png

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkGoogle does this with every fcs schedule and its annoying as hell. I think they still have the iowa score up for ndsu.

I mean that's cool to look at and be reminded of, but it's not helping anybody

gumby013
10-16-2018, 01:14 PM
Line -13.5

O/U 40.5

Hypothetical score of ~27-13.

Bison 4 Life
10-16-2018, 01:26 PM
Line -13.5

O/U 40.5

cue the howls of disrespect and bulletin board material among the Redbird faithful.

Professor Chaos
10-16-2018, 01:26 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2k82by.jpg

Bison 4 Life
10-16-2018, 01:34 PM
at the end of the day, is he really more than just a mustache?

He hasn't made the playoffs without Roberson and Coprich. He has averaged about 7.5 wins a season over his career at ISU.

He's Mark Farley in a Mike Ditka mask.

tjbison
10-16-2018, 02:28 PM
Some Figures against DI teams only, ISU played a non-DI in their opener

NDSU

Scoring Avg - 39.33 ppg
Points Allowed avg - 12.5 ppg
SOS - #6 (45.64 points)

ISU-R

Scoring Avg - 37.6 ppg
Points Allowed Avg - 14.4 ppg
SOS - 43 (37.66 points)

Schedules To date

NDSU

Cal Poly - Big Sky
North Alabama - INDY (Transition team, count as DI)
Delaware - CAA
#2 SDSU - MVFC (#3 when they played)
@ #25 UNI - MVFC (#22 When they played)
@ Western Ill - MVFC

Illinois St

St Xavier - NAIA (Non counter)
Eastern Ill - OVC
@ Colorado St - MWC
@ Misery St - MVFC (Loss)
Western Ill - MVFC
Southern Ill - MVFC

NDSU has played the toughest slate to date, W this week and no reason they are not 11-0, outright MVFC Champs, but anything can happen

MrSnuffleupagus
10-16-2018, 03:07 PM
These are the games that scare me. The ones that people don't really think twice about. Ever since USD beat us at home these 'sure wins' are always iffy in my book.

ISUr isn't a bad team by any means. They throttled Southern Illinois this past week.

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2018, 03:09 PM
These are the games that scare me. The ones that people don't really think twice about. Ever since USD beat us at home these 'sure wins' are always iffy in my book.

ISUr isn't a bad team by any means. They throttled Southern Illinois this past week.

Not quite following; this is one of the top teams in the league and throttled colorado st. Who is not thinking twice about it? The team sure better be and Sagarin has it as our toughest remaining game.

Rixen
10-16-2018, 03:17 PM
Not quite following; this is one of the top teams in the league and throttled colorado st. Who is not thinking twice about it? The team sure better be and Sagarin has it as our toughest remaining game.

Agreed. I think many of us feel this game is right up there with SDSU and UNI for difficulty. Southern Illinois is honestly the only game right now that feels "relaxing". Even Mo St. is worth our attention this year.

G_Funky
10-16-2018, 03:31 PM

I dont think the implications of this game vs USD are comparable. USD was really bad in 2015 and hadnt won in Fargo since like the 70s. They were completely irrelevant until all of a sudden they weren't.

ISUr has an FBS win (regardless of opponent) and other than their loss down in Springfield they've proven to be a very formidable opponent. I dont think they've played a team yet that compares to NDSU...but I also think the style of offense the Redbirds run helps them prepare for run heavy teams like NDSU. They also haven't played a team with a defense yet other than WIU and their stats for that game are almost exactly with what NDSU ended up.

Another valley match up between top 10 teams...no way this is a game that is overlooked.

tjbison
10-16-2018, 03:34 PM
Agreed. I think many of us feel this game is right up there with SDSU and UNI for difficulty. Southern Illinois is honestly the only game right now that feels "relaxing". Even Mo St. is worth our attention this year.

only fools think this will be an easy game, look at the numbers I posted, pretty damn even. yes we technically have played a more difficult schedule to date, but that doesn't matter IMO.

we NEED to shut down their run game, again we win this game the schedule does indeed soften up, and late season injuries and depth NDSU should be able to overcome the injury season. Thats the advantage NDSU seems to have over other teams. We have seen it year after year, NDSU seems to improve when in reality I think most other teams regress as the season goes on due to lack of depth

EC8CH
10-16-2018, 03:37 PM
Turns out this will likely be the game that is right up there with SDSU as being the toughest of the regular season. The only people not concerned about this game are the ones not paying attention.

Bison 4 Life
10-16-2018, 04:15 PM
Turns out this will likely be the game that is right up there with SDSU as being the toughest of the regular season. The only people not concerned about this game are the ones not paying attention.

Who isn't concerned? I think we're better than them. Probably not miles better than them but better nonetheless.

G_Funky
10-16-2018, 04:50 PM
"I have a feeling the Mr. Robinson and Mr. Smith wasn't fully happy by not rushing for more yards this week...so on Saturday, behind the biggest O-Line in the MVFC and one of the biggest in all of college football are looking forward to getting in the second tier over and over, mostly in the second have after the O-Line grinds down the defensive line.... again."

Interesting take from one of their fans over at redbirdnation. Based on some of the other posts I've read they are quite confident in their o-line's ability to establish the run.

EC8CH
10-16-2018, 04:53 PM
"I have a feeling the Mr. Robinson and Mr. Smith wasn't fully happy by not rushing for more yards this week...so on Saturday, behind the biggest O-Line in the MVFC and one of the biggest in all of college football are looking forward to getting in the second tier over and over, mostly in the second have after the O-Line grinds down the defensive line.... again."

Interesting take from one of their fans over at redbirdnation. Based on some of the other posts I've read they are quite confident in their o-line's ability to establish the run.

Was that FourthAndShort?
That sounds like FourthAndShort.

Bison 4 Life
10-16-2018, 04:54 PM
Was that FourthAndShort?
That sounds like FourthAndShort.

He's their fan. Who else can it be?

EC8CH
10-16-2018, 05:22 PM
He's their fan. Who else can it be?

crazzymark apparently. Although FourthAndShort is in full effect.

EC8CH
10-16-2018, 05:27 PM
Since it's Redbird week. Anybody know what the Bloomington-Normal Police Department has been up to since last season?

bruinbison
10-16-2018, 07:22 PM

Definitely some size there - not often you see height like the LT.
Only the LG is a new starter this season, so good experience up front as well.

LT - 6’ 10 315 - Soph
LG - 6’ 5” 315 - JR
C - 6’ 2” 300 - Soph
RG - 6’ 6” 315 - SR
RT - 6’ 6” 310 - SR

I don’t think this Redbird poster realizes the depth NDSU has on the DLine. ISU will have to out-execute the Bison to win this battle, not count on “grind down the defensive line”.

G_Funky
10-16-2018, 07:35 PM

LT - 6’ 10 315 - Soph
LG - 6’ 5” 315 - JR
C - 6’ 2” 300 - Soph
RG - 6’ 6” 315 - SR
RT - 6’ 6” 310 - SR

I don’t think this Redbird poster realizes the depth NDSU has on the DLine. ISU will have to out-execute the Bison to win this battle, not count on “grind down the defensive line”.

Any of those guys Kobe Buffalomeat?

Honeybooboo
10-16-2018, 07:38 PM

LT - 6’ 10 315 - Soph
LG - 6’ 5” 315 - JR
C - 6’ 2” 300 - Soph
RG - 6’ 6” 315 - SR
RT - 6’ 6” 310 - SR

we have heard this over and over, remember the SEC line of JSU?? Big doesn't mean shit if they cant move and catch the speed

Professor Chaos
10-16-2018, 07:50 PM
Illinois St has the type of offense the Bison defense matches up well with. Run heavy with a QB who isn't particularly mobile. I think they can keep the Redbird offense behind the chains by being stout on 1st and 2nd down and then making them rely on their somewhat inconsistent QB to move the chains on 3rd and intermediate/long.

Of course I thought the Bison defense matched up well with UNI also and we all know how that went...

All in all these are two very similar teams but I think Easton Stick, particularly his running ability, will be the X-factor that makes the difference (similar to what it did against SDSU).

Bison 4 Life
10-16-2018, 07:54 PM
Illinois St has the type of offense the Bison defense matches up well with. Run heavy with a QB who isn't particularly mobile. I think they can keep the Redbird offense behind the chains by being stout on 1st and 2nd down and then making them rely on their somewhat inconsistent QB to move the chains on 3rd and intermediate/long.

Of course I thought the Bison defense matched up well with UNI also and we all know how that went...

All in all these are two very similar teams but I think Easton Stick, particularly his running ability, will be the X-factor that makes the difference (similar to what it did against SDSU).

If nothing else, a game at home might make the difference.

Mr Meaty
10-16-2018, 07:56 PM
Line -13.5

O/U 40.5

Take the over and not to cover

THEsocalledfan
10-16-2018, 08:34 PM
Take the over and not to cover

I think we cover. SDSU game only was as close as it was due to an incredible pick by the SDSU corner. This team is not as good as SDSU. Sagarin has this at about exactly -13.5 on the overall, but recent has it at about -17. We lost Bruce, but Brooks and Dunn can carry the load. Plus, our D line matches up favorably with their running attack.

I honestly think NDSU is better than most people are crediting them for at this point. (Please, please don't let the team hear this......)

ZHerd
10-16-2018, 08:55 PM
I’m curious to see how well our defense handles their run game. Since we started conference season, our D has not looked nearly as good as I was thinking they would be offseason and have looked looked vulnerable at times in both pass and run defense. They usually seem to kick into a higher gear before playoffs but in conference games this far, they have not looked like a dominant defense. Sat we need our interior D line to have a strong showing. This should be a good game

Bison03
10-16-2018, 09:07 PM
Our D gave up 9 rushing yards last Saturday....that was pretty doninating I would say.

ZHerd
10-16-2018, 09:18 PM
Our D gave up 9 rushing yards last Saturday....that was pretty doninating I would say.

This Sat is against a real team...which is why I’m curious to he how we look/are improving.

Mr Meaty
10-16-2018, 09:21 PM

They only ran 18 times and 5 where probably on the last drive. Western got down early and went away from the run. So you have to consider that as well. But yes defense did only give up 9 yards rushing. It is just as misleading as we only passed the ball 20 times and ran it 43 times. We were up and just wanted the clock to run

Vet70
10-16-2018, 09:25 PM
The run defense has actually been pretty good.

SDSU 155/27 5.7 average
UNI 104/40 2.6 average
WIU 9/18 .5 average

Total 268/85 3.2 average, and 9 sacks (3 each game).

Teams have been passing because they can't run. Well, SDSU did.

heffray
10-16-2018, 09:56 PM

Check the 2018 uniform thread, there's some clever photo-shopping there to show us what they look like...

KNOW IT ALL
10-16-2018, 09:56 PM
It would take a lot of pressure of this team if Special Teams would perform a little better. A theme the past couple years for sure.....

UncleBuck
10-16-2018, 10:53 PM
The BIZON are gonna sneak up on them like this:

http://i.imgur.com/2jZaRg3.gif

Christopher Moen
10-17-2018, 01:51 AM
It would take a lot of pressure of this team if Special Teams would perform a little better. A theme the past couple years for sure.....

Please explain where Special Teams has gotten worse.

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 01:52 AM
Please explain where Special Teams has gotten worse.

Coverage has been sub par. Even Phil mentions how nobody seems to run hard down the field consistently. Punting has gotten way better and Cam's just gonna Cam.

Christopher Moen
10-17-2018, 02:03 AM
Coverage has been sub par. Even Phil mentions how nobody seems to run hard down the field consistently. Punting has gotten way better and Cam's just gonna Cam.

Now this is a statement I can understand and work with. Thanks!

HerdistheWord
10-17-2018, 02:43 AM
Now this is a statement I can understand and work with. Thanks!

Compared to the Jackson Koonce (Koontz?) years, special teams is amazing this year. Sorry, but going from LeCompte to Koonce (Koontz?) was downright traumatic. Perhaps the repressed memories are why i can't recall how to spell Jackson's name.

Bison03
10-17-2018, 02:56 AM
Compared to the Jackson Koonce (Koontz?) years, special teams is amazing this year. Sorry, but going from LeCompte to Koonce (Koontz?) was downright traumatic. Perhaps the repressed memories are why i can't recall how to spell Jackson's name.
To defend Jackson Koonce a little, the first year he kicked he had ZERO return yards all season.

56BISON73
10-17-2018, 03:11 AM
To defend Jackson Koonce a little, the first year he kicked he had ZERO return yards all season.

You didnt use that bullshit excuse did you? He was terrible.

Professor Chaos
10-17-2018, 03:25 AM
Kick returns have been pretty poor also. They've only had 8 returns all year but the 18.88 yards per kick return average is 90th out of 124 FCS teams. With the caliber of athletes they have back there that should be much better. I'm pretty sure the last kick return TD was Bruce Anderson's Houdini act against UNI in the 2015 quarters. Hopefully that average improves and that dry streak ends soon.

WeAreThePride
10-17-2018, 09:30 AM
Kick returns have been pretty poor also. They've only had 8 returns all year but the 18.88 yards per kick return average is 90th out of 124 FCS teams. With the caliber of athletes they have back there that should be much better. I'm pretty sure the last kick return TD was Bruce Anderson's Houdini act against UNI in the 2015 quarters. Hopefully that average improves and that dry streak ends soon.

Didn’t he have another one in the semis that year? Against Richmond?

Professor Chaos
10-17-2018, 10:24 AM
Didn’t he have another one in the semis that year? Against Richmond?
Perkins had a punt return TD in that game but I don't think Bruce had a kick return TD. He had another one in the first playoff game that year against Montana.

1998braves64
10-17-2018, 11:48 AM
You didnt use that bullshit excuse did you? He was terrible.Wasn't an excuse, he stated a fact to say here is a defense for why they put him on the field. For whatever reason Klieman did not have a punter in the wings after lecompte, seems strange that koontz was our best option. Net yards he was a terrible punter but maybe all they asked of him was get it as far as you can with good hang time so that it just forces a fair catch or they don't get anywhere if they try to return.

Not a good punter imo (think we all agree there) but apparently he did as much as they were asking of him and nobody else could outperform that was on the team apparently. Also in a small defense he did improve slightly the 2nd year if I recall correctly.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

HerdistheWord
10-17-2018, 11:53 AM

Clearly, we are not getting kick return touchdowns so that we can get our offense on the field and give our defense a rest. /purple

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 12:31 PM
Wasn't an excuse, he stated a fact to say here is a defense for why they put him on the field. For whatever reason Klieman did not have a punter in the wings after lecompte, seems strange that koontz was our best option. Net yards he was a terrible punter but maybe all they asked of him was get it as far as you can with good hang time so that it just forces a fair catch or they don't get anywhere if they try to return.

Not a good punter imo (think we all agree there) but apparently he did as much as they were asking of him and nobody else could outperform that was on the team apparently. Also in a small defense he did improve slightly the 2nd year if I recall correctly.

Sent by my phone on a bullet train from Hillsboro.

he technically did have a punter in the wings but he liked breaking into cars more than football, it seems.

BisonHorns
10-17-2018, 12:37 PM

The kicking game rules have changed so much. It is making big returns more rare than before.

Professor Chaos
10-17-2018, 12:50 PM
The kicking game rules have changed so much. It is making big returns more rare than before.
Maybe but the rules are the same for everyone yet NDSU is still 90th out of 124 in kick return average. They don't need to start returning kicks for TDs on a regular basis but there's room for improvement.

MankatoBison
10-17-2018, 01:17 PM
he technically did have a punter in the wings but he liked breaking into cars more than football, it seems.

I cant remember- who was that??

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 01:20 PM
I cant remember- who was that??

The wayback machine tells me his name was Ian Gallagher and he was dropped after getting arrested. Looks like he was just being dumb rather than a hard criminal but a Walk On punter seemed more expendable in the LeCompte days.

He might have saved us from Koonce.

semobison
10-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Maybe but the rules are the same for everyone yet NDSU is still 90th out of 124 in kick return average. They don't need to start returning kicks for TDs on a regular basis but there's room for improvement.

Yep, our kick/punt return game has been meh for a while now.

aces1180
10-17-2018, 01:27 PM
The wayback machine tells me his name was Ian Gallagher and he was dropped after getting arrested. Looks like he was just being dumb rather than a hard criminal but a Walk On punter seemed more expendable in the LeCompte days.

He might have saved us from Koonce.

He also became the Gay Jesus and started a van on fire...Now he is in prison with his lover, Mickey Malkovich.

Oh, wrong Ian Gallager.

Professor Chaos
10-17-2018, 01:45 PM
Yep, our kick/punt return game has been meh for a while now.
I think punt returns have been pretty good so far this year. Shepherd and Grimsley have done a nice job of not allowing too many of those low line drive bouncers go uncovered where they pick up 20+ yards rolling and Shepherd has had at least a couple nice returns.

EDIT: The NCAA stats site shows 10 punt returns for 115 yards for an 11.5 yard average so far this year. That's 34th in the FCS. So not elite but pretty good punt return averages. On a related note JMU already has 3 punt return TDs on the year (I believe they had 2 last Saturday alone) from their punt returner Amos who torched the Bison a time or two in Frisco last year.

phxbison
10-17-2018, 01:59 PM
I think punt returns have been pretty good so far this year. Shepherd and Grimsley have done a nice job of not allowing too many of those low line drive bouncers go uncovered where they pick up 20+ yards rolling and Shepherd has had at least a couple nice returns.

EDIT: The NCAA stats site shows 10 punt returns for 115 yards for an 11.5 yard average so far this year. That's 34th in the FCS. So not elite but pretty good punt return averages. On a related note JMU already has 3 punt return TDs on the year (I believe they had 2 last Saturday alone) from their punt returner Amos who torched the Bison a time or two in Frisco last year.

I thought that 18.88 yds per return being 90th out 124 teams didn't sound right. That's a hell of an average.

Professor Chaos
10-17-2018, 02:08 PM
I thought that 18.88 yds per return being 90th out 124 teams didn't sound right. That's a hell of an average.
That's where the Bison are at for kick return average. That's not very good. If you want to play the averages they should be fair catching every kickoff inside the 6 yard line at that rate.

Mr Meaty
10-17-2018, 02:11 PM
That's where the Bison are at for kick return average. That's not very good. If you want to play the averages they should be fair catching every kickoff inside the 6 yard line at that rate.

I think many here have said we should be fair catching kickoffs more. Not enough risk reward to returning them.

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 02:12 PM

I was wondering, do fair catch touchbacks go towards return yards? We know that Bruce probably should have fair caught almost 200yds of returns a couple games ago.

NEBison
10-17-2018, 03:49 PM
I think we cover. SDSU game only was as close as it was due to an incredible pick by the SDSU corner. This team is not as good as SDSU. Sagarin has this at about exactly -13.5 on the overall, but recent has it at about -17. We lost Bruce, but Brooks and Dunn can carry the load. Plus, our D line matches up favorably with their running attack.

I honestly think NDSU is better than most people are crediting them for at this point. (Please, please don't let the team hear this......)

The SDSU game was not that close because of one play. You can pick and choose plays like that on both sides. What if Jalen Allison doesn't make the pick in the endzone?

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 03:53 PM
The SDSU game was not that close because of one play. You can pick and choose plays like that on both sides. What if Jalen Allison doesn't make the pick in the endzone?

I thought that too but going down 14-0 at UNI showed that it might not be the end of the world we thought it would have been then.

NEBison
10-17-2018, 03:57 PM
I thought that too but going down 14-0 at UNI showed that it might not be the end of the world we thought it would have been then.

Very true. I don't think the games over if the Bison are down 14-0 but I also don't think that one play was the difference between SDSU being in the game or not.

KNOW IT ALL
10-17-2018, 04:00 PM

UNI is not SDSU, I agree NEBison, that one single play may have been the difference in that ballgame. Yes, I think NDSU is the best team in the FCS, however, If they dont improve WR play, special teams play and get a bit more fire as a whole, I dont think they win a title this year. Just a feeling I get watching this team. If I have one criticism of coach K its that his teams lack fire, they mirror his image in that way. It seems like it takes a loss to fire this team up most years, I wish the coach could do that without a loss doing that for him. Not a hater, just what i see from the outside....Go Bison!!!!

NEBison
10-17-2018, 04:10 PM
UNI is not SDSU, I agree NEBison, that one single play may have been the difference in that ballgame. Yes, I think NDSU is the best team in the FCS, however, If they dont improve WR play, special teams play and get a bit more fire as a whole, I dont think they win a title this year. Just a feeling I get watching this team. If I have one criticism of coach K its that his teams lack fire, they mirror his image in that way. It seems like it takes a loss to fire this team up most years, I wish the coach could do that without a loss doing that for him. Not a hater, just what i see from the outside....Go Bison!!!!

You very well might be right about NDSU not winning it all this year but there are only a few teams who are even close to there level this year again. If they do lose I have a hard time seeing it happening before the semis.

SDbison
10-17-2018, 04:25 PM
UNI is not SDSU, I agree NEBison, that one single play may have been the difference in that ballgame. Yes, I think NDSU is the best team in the FCS, however, If they dont improve WR play, special teams play and get a bit more fire as a whole, I dont think they win a title this year. Just a feeling I get watching this team. If I have one criticism of coach K its that his teams lack fire, they mirror his image in that way. It seems like it takes a loss to fire this team up most years, I wish the coach could do that without a loss doing that for him. Not a hater, just what i see from the outside....Go Bison!!!! I entirely agree with this post. Also seems NDSU struggles against teams they should soundly beat and struggle against teams that are a bit tough but still overmatched. Still looking for the Bison to play a great game on both sides of the ball for the entire game. Just want to see some fire. To me it appears the attitude of Klieman holding back has transferred over to the players. Without all the interceptions last week that game could of been quite different. The pass defense allows too many big catches and the rush doesn't get to the QB soon enough. Add to that the offense not finishing to get scores after turnovers. Also tired of the dive play for a half yard gain on 1st offensive play of game. Just my opinion. Take it easy homers.

KNOW IT ALL
10-17-2018, 04:46 PM
You very well might be right about NDSU not winning it all this year but there are only a few teams who are even close to there level this year again. If they do lose I have a hard time seeing it happening before the semis.

Agree totally, On pure talent alone this team gets to the Semi's. From there on I really feel they need to tighten things up. I give NDSU about 75% chance of repeating. 90% if they should ever start to show some FIRE!!!

Honeybooboo
10-17-2018, 04:53 PM
I have watched a lot of different FCS teams play this year, we nitpick what other teams call great play, yes there is room for improvement there always is. Just seems this team has for the past 7 years found a different level come Nov-Dec

any given Saturday though, could take an L this week for all we know

WeAreThePride
10-17-2018, 05:57 PM
Perkins had a punt return TD in that game but I don't think Bruce had a kick return TD. He had another one in the first playoff game that year against Montana.

Ah, you’re right.

DM05
10-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Smallest starter in their front seven is 240 pounds...those are some big linebackers that will be trying to run with our RB's and TE's.

gumby013
10-17-2018, 06:34 PM
Smallest starter in their front seven is 240 pounds...those are some big linebackers that will be trying to run with our RB's and TE's.

Wheel routes all day you say?

Bison"FANatic"
10-17-2018, 06:51 PM
Lots of outside runs in the first half, make the big boys run side to side for awhile.

tony
10-17-2018, 06:54 PM
Pretty weird that NDSU and Illinois State only have one common opponent (Western Illinois) even though the regular season is over half done.

The box scores of NDSU v WIU and ISU-R v WIU were almost identical.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-17-2018, 06:59 PM
Pretty weird that NDSU and Illinois State only have one common opponent (Western Illinois) even though the regular season is over half done.

However ISUr was at home when playing Western Illinois, unlike us. That's gotta count for something as well.

EC8CH
10-17-2018, 07:35 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181017121309532672004&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

ZOMG! Bulletin Board Material!

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 07:37 PM
http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20181017121309532672004&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

Clickbait. He can't always pick NDSU. He's going to try to use the logic that we always drop one, usually at home. He forgets, however, that it's never to an opponent that we are up for. It's always some weird head scratcher that has some external thing going on.

SDbison
10-17-2018, 07:41 PM

Haley is a blowhard. NDSU needs to come out strong and woop somebody. What better team to do it to than ILL State.

THEsocalledfan
10-17-2018, 07:53 PM
Haley is a blowhard. NDSU needs to come out strong and woop somebody. What better team to do it to than ILL State.

I'm feeling a 2012 Youngstown state performance coming on. Hold on to your britches.

Honeybooboo
10-17-2018, 10:00 PM
Clickbait. He can't always pick NDSU. He's going to try to use the logic that we always drop one, usually at home. He forgets, however, that it's never to an opponent that we are up for. It's always some weird head scratcher that has some external thing going on.

Sdsu isn't exactly a weird head scratcher

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 10:02 PM
Sdsu isn't exactly a weird head scratcher

Sure. I guess Super Bowls also go into the outlier category?

Honeybooboo
10-17-2018, 10:19 PM
Sure. I guess Super Bowls also go into the outlier category?

We were legitimately beat, how can you downplay that? Same thing can happen Saturday, not every team sucks

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 10:21 PM
We were legitimately beat, how can you downplay that? Same thing can happen Saturday, not every team sucks

So the only way NDSU wins is if the other team sucks?

Honeybooboo
10-17-2018, 10:23 PM
So the only way NDSU wins is if the other team sucks?

yeah that's what I said....:facepalm2:

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 10:26 PM
yeah that's what I said....:facepalm2:

Oh wait, I'm the only one misrepresenting positions here?

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 10:31 PM
There's nothing uniquely inevitable about a Bison loss. It just happens. Almost every one you can say well, this happened or that happened but there's nothing that makes it mandatory.

EC8CH
10-18-2018, 12:08 AM
There's nothing uniquely inevitable about a Bison loss. It just happens. Almost every one you can say well, this happened or that happened but there's nothing that makes it mandatory.

When the other team scores more points.

Mr Meaty
10-18-2018, 12:33 AM
When the other team scores more points.

Or win run out of time!!! Oops that is the other team

GSUsTALON
10-18-2018, 12:42 AM
Illinois State's offense is putting up a lot of points per game.

I haven't looked at all their offensive stats, but it looks like a tough jaw breaking game.

GOOD TEST FOR THE BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CAS4127
10-18-2018, 12:50 AM
Illinois State's offense is putting up a lot of points per game.

I haven't looked at all their offensive stats, but it looks like a tough jaw breaking game.

GOOD TEST FOR THE BISON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed! And I like smash-mouth, hard-hitting games. Will be fun to see ISU’s RBs against our D!! Tighten the chin straps and play with reckless abandon!!

GSUsTALON
10-18-2018, 01:01 AM
Agreed! And I like smash-mouth, hard-hitting games. Will be fun to see ISU’s RBs against our D!! Tighten the chin straps and play with reckless abandon!!

I remember, back in the day, when 1aa GSU really had a lot of blow outs. It was fun, but I really loved a tight game were GSU took the lead in the 4th and held on.

I got my moneys worth and my adrenalin high.

X-Factor
10-18-2018, 02:47 PM

ISUr was purposely running up the score with garbage points in the final minute. Game was basically 16-12

tjbison
10-18-2018, 04:03 PM
POSTED BY ONE OF OUR FINEST FANS ON THE REDBIRD BOARD:

Craig Haley is trying to look like the "smartest guy in the room" because NDSU usually drops 1 a year and its almost always at home..

My theory is, at home friday night, the players got all the hoochey mama's trying to hook up with them, texting them etc and their buddies texting them about a dope party or something..

NDSU hasn't put together a FULL game this year, especially on offense. I am awaiting that.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2018, 04:06 PM

well the first and last statements aren't wrong.

G_Funky
10-18-2018, 04:20 PM

Hoochie*

According to 2 Live Crew.

tjbison
10-18-2018, 04:22 PM
well the first and last statements aren't wrong.

its the middle statement that is just fucking stupid

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2018, 04:31 PM
its the middle statement that is just fucking stupid

You know what they say about two out of three.

WeAreThePride
10-18-2018, 07:11 PM

I really don’t get where this logic comes from. Our 6 losses under Kleiman are UNI, Montana, USD, SDSUx2, and JMU.

UNI: Main rival at the time, on the road.
Montana: Traditional FCS power, ESPN kickoff, on the road.
USD: Maybe the only one of these that qualifies as a let down. But in that game our NFL MVP caliber QB was playing with a broken hand.
SDSU ‘16: Main rival
JMU: Semifinals, against the eventual champions
SDSU ‘17: revenge game on the road against main rivals.

I would argue that going back through the 2013 season, we’ve only had one let down loss, and even that’s arguable.

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2018, 07:24 PM
I really don’t get where this logic comes from. Our 6 losses under Kleiman are UNI, Montana, USD, SDSUx2, and JMU.

USD: Maybe the only one of these that qualifies as a let down. But in that game our NFL MVP caliber QB was playing with a broken hand.

I would argue that going back through the 2013 season, we’ve only had one let down loss, and even that’s arguable.

The first 3 games Carson was playing through an injury he shouldn't have been.

SDSU 16 was only one on a last minute play that should have drawn a offensive PO penalty.

JMU we were missing major defensive pieces and playing a hobbled MLB.

SDSU was up huge for the 17 game and Easton had a super shitty game.

Call them excuses, I call them reasons.

Honeybooboo
10-18-2018, 07:39 PM

Don't bother....

Bison 4 Life
10-18-2018, 07:43 PM
You guys realize this game isn't going to turn on whether you can convince me we suck or not.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/K6VhXtbgCXqQU/giphy.gif

semobison
10-18-2018, 10:22 PM
3 of our 5 losses from 2011 to 2015 were to teams that didn't make the playoffs.
2011 Youngstown
2012 ISUb
2015 USD
I can see the logic but it's starting to get outdated.

bruinbison
10-19-2018, 11:56 AM
Tickets are still available on gobison.com
for Illinois State

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2018, 12:46 PM
Tickets are still available on gobison.com
for Illinois State

I'm sure they are returned student tickets. However, either way, one thing that I don't understand is how August 1st when a majority of people are trying to buy single game tickets and it 'sells out' in less than 5 mins; then fast forward to end of October and they are selling tickets the day before the game makes you a little frustrated.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2018, 12:53 PM
I'm sure they are returned student tickets. However, either way, one thing that I don't understand is how August 1st when a majority of people are trying to buy single game tickets and it 'sells out' in less than 5 mins; then fast forward to end of October and they are selling tickets the day before the game makes you a little frustrated.

Looks like another reassessment of student tickets needs to be undertaken.

tony
10-19-2018, 01:07 PM

NDSU (like every school) sets aside a certain number of tickets for visiting fans. NDSU releases those late in the week.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2018, 01:08 PM
NDSU (like every school) sets aside a certain number of tickets for visiting fans. NDSU releases those late in the week.

I understand this. So you're saying this batch of tickets is 100% visitor tickets?

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2018, 01:09 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/LpkBAUDg53FI8xLmg1/giphy.gif

Mr Meaty
10-19-2018, 01:10 PM
I understand this. So you're saying this batch of tickets is 100% visitor tickets?

Depends on what section they are in. Section 23, Visitors section.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2018, 01:14 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/LpkBAUDg53FI8xLmg1/giphy.gif

Just stirring the pot but it does beg the question. In the flash sellout we have every year, how many extra requests do we have? Is it a couple hundred or thousands? How many people on the season ticket waiting list? If all they're selling is a couple hundred visitor tickets it may seem like more than it is.

Even 500 student tickets would seem like a lot. There isn't the effort put forth on a random Friday than they do for the beginning of the season sale.

roadwarrior
10-19-2018, 01:14 PM
Most likely they are unused student tickets and visitor tickets. A tweet went out earlier this week that said tickets would be available at 6am today.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2018, 01:16 PM
Depends on what section they are in. Section 23, Visitors section.

Tickets available on GoBison.com in sections 23, 29, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2018, 01:19 PM
Tickets available on GoBison.com in sections 23, 29, 6, 7, 11, 12, and 13.

23 is visitor 11-13 is student. The rest just holdbacks for the athletic department?

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2018, 01:39 PM
23 is visitor 11-13 is student. The rest just holdbacks for the athletic department?

http://ndsuspectrum.com/bison-football-fan-guide/

Formerly, students could sit in sections 10-16. This year, however, Section 16 has been taken over for season ticket holders. Thus, students will only have the three sideline sections closest to the end zone this year. Hopefully this will mean that more fans will stay longer in the stadium this year.

Student Section is 13-15 sounds like from the NDSU paper. Also, im 99% sure single game tickets have been sold in 11/12.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
10-19-2018, 02:44 PM

I think they should just try to advertise these open tickets more. I see on the ticket exchange on FB everybody is looking for tickets, for almost every game.

And no, I'm not in any way sticking up for the students anymore. Hate the way they typically just stay until halftime and leave, unless of course the SDSU game (I believe there were still students that left early that game). I remember my freshman and sophomore year ('13 & '14), if we weren't online to get our ticket in the first 5 minutes we were put on a wait list. Crazy how different it is 5 years later.

Bison 4 Life
10-19-2018, 03:00 PM
I think they should just try to advertise these open tickets more. I see on the ticket exchange on FB everybody is looking for tickets, for almost every game.

And no, I'm not in any way sticking up for the students anymore. Hate the way they typically just stay until halftime and leave, unless of course the SDSU game (I believe there were still students that left early that game). I remember my freshman and sophomore year ('13 & '14), if we weren't online to get our ticket in the first 5 minutes we were put on a wait list. Crazy how different it is 5 years later.

I remember getting in line and swiping the ID. It wasn't really ever full then except homecoming and the SDSU game. The ticket reservation system is pretty good. Lets people get those tickets after a deadline.

This is a marketing issue. Buying "rush" tickets isn't a new phenomenon, the possibility needs to be better advertised. .

EC8CH
10-19-2018, 05:13 PM
Difficult problem trying to get returned tickets sold the week of the game. Needs better marketing for sure, but some fans just aren't going to wait until the week of the game to make plans to attend.

Mr Meaty
10-19-2018, 06:08 PM
Difficult problem trying to get returned tickets sold the week of the game. Needs better marketing for sure, but some fans just aren't going to wait until the week of the game to make plans to attend.

Couple day notice is an issue as well. People have things planned out ahead of time. They sure could send out a mass email or robo phone call informing of tickets for sale. They do it with each playoff game.

BisonNation11
10-19-2018, 06:25 PM
Why can't NDSU have returned tickets done the Friday before a home game? Also, why can't student tickets be sold by Friday the week before a home game? Gives NDSU a weekend plus the week before a game to get tickets sold out. A place to sign up to receive an email/phone notification for tickets available should also be created. Could go out noon on Friday the week before a game and gives people time to make plans. In fact, why am I posting this here. I should just send an email to the proper authority.

EC8CH
10-19-2018, 06:59 PM
Why can't NDSU have returned tickets done the Friday before a home game? Also, why can't student tickets be sold by Friday the week before a home game? Gives NDSU a weekend plus the week before a game to get tickets sold out. A place to sign up to receive an email/phone notification for tickets available should also be created. Could go out noon on Friday the week before a game and gives people time to make plans. In fact, why am I posting this here. I should just send an email to the proper authority.

How about posting this info as well as the proposed sign up during the rush to buy tickets at the beginning of the season?

Frustrated that you weren't able to purchase single game tickets today??? Sign up here to be notified the weekend before any home games this year for any tickets that may become available from unused visitor or student tickets!!!

I've never visited the Facebook ticket exchange? Does NDSU make a post there when returned tickets go on sale?

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2018, 07:19 PM
There is no easy solution to this problem. You can tell people on the Facebook page that tickets go on sale Friday and they can't bother. One problem is many want you to almost give the ticket to them.
There is only so many times you can tell people. Just like every other post asking what color to wear.

MrSnuffleupagus
10-19-2018, 07:25 PM
With the amount of "What color do we wear Saturday?!" posts that are made on those sites; we should really just make fake NDSU graphics showing that Saturday's game is a Code Nude game.

StL Bison Fan
10-19-2018, 07:41 PM
With the amount of "What color do we wear Saturday?!" posts that are made on those sites; we should really just make fake NDSU graphics showing that Saturday's game is a Code Nude game.

Not where I sit

gumby013
10-19-2018, 08:01 PM
It's late in the day...but it is flight stalking time!

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/SCX8624

EC8CH
10-20-2018, 01:52 AM
Izzo gonna pick Redbirds.

Rabbel Rabbel Rabbel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56BISON73
10-20-2018, 02:48 AM
There is no easy solution to this problem. You can tell people on the Facebook page that tickets go on sale Friday and they can't bother. One problem is many want you to almost give the ticket to them.
There is only so many times you can tell people. Just like every other post asking what color to wear.

Its not just on Facebook. Some just dont get it. Some just want to be spoon fed.

ndsubison1
10-20-2018, 03:47 AM
Not as worried as I was earlier in the week. Formidable opponent, but we show up when needed.

bisonfanette
10-20-2018, 04:57 AM

I have done this. Please go for it! I'm a broken record.... this is just damn stupid.
Once again, the students didn't have to request their tickets until Mon. the 15th.
They don't need 4 days to push the button to make their request. Give them 2 days to get the job done, & begin selling the unused student tickets the WEDNESDAY before the game, if not earlier.
I have asked a gal who works with the alumni assoc. if it is ONLY section 23 tickets that are available the Friday b/4 the game. (I'm not talking about the unused student tickets in 10-13)
She said the same thing.... there are also additional tickets in section 6 & 7.
P.S. Don't get me started about the ppl on fb who only want SIDELINE tickets and of course they want hand-outs.

tjbison
10-20-2018, 05:49 AM
gameday!!!!!

bruinbison
10-20-2018, 01:24 PM
Things I’ll be watching today include:

QB battle

Easton Stick - 60 of 107 atts - 10 TD - 1 INT
Brady Davis - 84 of 149 - 14 TD - 1 INT

Crazy TD/INT ratios for both QB’s!!!

So which D can control the other teams’ strong running game enough to be able to pressure the QB?
I sense an INT or 2, which could be the difference in the game.

http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/quarterback-brady-davis-earns-his-third-mvc-newcomer-of-the/article_8a0933ea-d01b-11e8-8500-735c15280948.html

Quarterback Brady Davis earns his third MVC Newcomer of the Week

I like how this transfer QB sounds for Illinois State:

https://twitter.com/BradyDavis10/status/1053284732946001920?s=20

GreenfieldBison
10-20-2018, 04:36 PM
Things I’ll be watching today include:

QB battle

Easton Stick - 60 of 107 atts - 10 TD - 1 INT
Brady Davis - 84 of 149 - 14 TD - 1 INT

Crazy TD/INT ratios for both QB’s!!!

So which D can control the other teams’ strong running game enough to be able to pressure the QB?
I sense an INT or 2, which could be the difference in the game.

http://www.videtteonline.com/sports/quarterback-brady-davis-earns-his-third-mvc-newcomer-of-the/article_8a0933ea-d01b-11e8-8500-735c15280948.html

I like how this transfer QB sounds for Illinois State:

https://twitter.com/BradyDavis10/status/1053284732946001920?s=20

Didn’t Kyle Lauletta say something similar to that prior to his visit to the Fargodome?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jeffs
10-20-2018, 08:23 PM
LT called that play to Freeman an end around. Has he forgotten the jet sweep?