PDA

View Full Version : NICHOLL'S STATE

coloradobison
09-26-2005, 08:05 PM
So what is the 411 on this Nicholls State team? They run a type of option offense do they not? How have they done this year? i'm too busy and lazy to look any of it up. ;D

tony
09-26-2005, 08:43 PM
Nicholls State runs the triple option on offense.

They've only been able to play 2 games but they rushed for over 400 yards against Indiana. 400+ yards against a Big 10 team! They dominated Indiana but managed to lose in the closing seconds.

bisonmike
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
personally I feel we match up better against an option team than a spread offense. Plus we are back in the dome. Artificial turf never looked so good. I really noticed how the natural grass neutralized our team speed at MT ST.

Tatanka
09-26-2005, 11:58 PM
We need to bring the noise this week--no way their QB should be able to communicate at the line of scrimmage.

bisongold
09-27-2005, 12:38 AM
Exactly! I never dreamed an outdoor stadium could pose such a home field advantage...think what we could accomplish indoors!!

swaghook
09-27-2005, 12:55 AM
I doubt that many teams run the option in IA. They weren't ready for it, the Bison have played against option teams before.

Gamehunter
09-27-2005, 01:06 AM
So, exactly how good is Nicholl's State? They played a 1A very tough, and beat up on a DII. They have missed 2 games due to hurricanes. What kind of team can we expect in Fargo this Saturday? They are definately behind the 8 ball in game time experience.

Tatanka
09-27-2005, 01:43 AM
They are definately behind the 8 ball in game time experience.
Another way to look at this is they will be more fresh in terms of injury.

sambini
09-27-2005, 02:28 AM
With all they had going on down there, do you think they have had much practice time.

roadwarrior
09-27-2005, 04:38 AM
I'm still trying to figure why Nicholls State wore blue uniforms last year when their school colors are red and gray ???

BisonMav
09-27-2005, 07:08 PM
This will be a tough home game for the Bison IMO.
The crowd comes to life and the Bison win 24-21.

swany_spectrum
09-28-2005, 04:34 PM
The Bison run defense has been fantastic during Coach Bohl's tenure. I'm hard pressed to think of a team that has dominated NDSU on the ground since he's been here.

Having only two games compared to NDSU's four is a definite advantage for the Bison. Nicholl's is rolling up a yards on the ground but I expect we put 7-8 men in the box and say dare you to pass. They won't be able to.

In addition, I think for Nicholls to have any shot they will have to dominate time of possession to the tune of nearly 36-40 minutes. The air in the dome is something else and is harder to breath for opponents come the latter stages of a game. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few new wrinkles in the Bison offense, i.e., lining Washington or Steffes up in the slot for a play or two.

The Bison offense comes to life, run d plays solid, Bison win 31-14.