PDA

View Full Version : This week is over time to look forward to the next

swaghook
09-24-2005, 11:35 PM
I don't want to dwell on this week I would rather just look forward to next Saturdays game. As a fan I can't do anything about what happened this week I'll leave that to the coaches and team to review the tapes and fix mistakes. Bring on Nicholls!

kchats
09-24-2005, 11:37 PM
They do need to rotate more players on defense to keep them fresher. The Bison had 8 minutes or so of additional time of possession and they were still tired on defense.

iamabison
09-25-2005, 12:17 AM
I agree, I thought the one really noticeable thing about this game was zero pressure on the QB, particularly up the middle. Lulay scrambled and they got some coverage sacks, but I think this is what can happen when you are so thin on the D-line. That being said, you also learn that on the road, at this level, you can't throw away possesions with turnovers and 25 yard penalties. What a hard fought game though, and I think it's just great watching them go toe to toe with real competition instead of the creampuffs now filling DII.

sambini
09-25-2005, 01:17 AM
I agree with you MABISON. And when I POOP i send it to Grand FORKS.

Tatanka
09-25-2005, 03:28 PM
I agree, I thought the one really noticeable thing about this game was zero pressure on the QB, particularly up the middle. Lulay scrambled and they got some coverage sacks, but I think this is what can happen when you are so thin on the D-line. *That being said, you also learn that on the road, at this level, you can't throw away possesions with turnovers and 25 yard penalties. *What a hard fought game though, and I think it's just great watching them go toe to toe with real competition instead of the creampuffs now filling DII.
++

I wouldn't discount the effort by the MSU O-line though. Our D had a hell of a time penetrating to even get a whiff of their QB, and when they did they found that he doesn't fall down easy.

bisongold
09-25-2005, 09:19 PM
The crowd was a huge factor also...the interception early looked like a miscommunication on an audib le between Heckendorf and Walker...Heckendorf went long and Walker was expecting him to come back to the ball. Their crowd was extremely loud...very effective in helping their defense!

Tatanka
09-25-2005, 11:02 PM
The crowd was a huge factor also...the interception early looked like a miscommunication on an audib le between Heckendorf and Walker...Heckendorf went long and Walker was expecting him to come back to the ball. Their crowd was extremely loud...very effective in helping their defense!
Lesson for the "living dead" at the Fargodome???

sambini
09-25-2005, 11:26 PM
Lets crankerup in the dome on saturday. Make it so loud and rowdy the boys from down south can"t hear a thing.

SDbison
09-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Lets crankerup in the dome on saturday. Make it so loud and rowdy the boys from down south can"t hear a thing.
Sorry Sambini that probably won't happen. The living dead are the majority of the dome attendance and they usually wait to maybe put their hands together when the Bison score. As for those Bison fans that travel over 500 miles to go to a game I was extremely disappointed as less than half regularly got up to cheer at the MSU game. I stood up and yelled my lungs out as most of the Bison parents section below sat on their hands. Do NDSU fans need a class on how to cheer on their team? Maybe Bohl should teach a class on FAN SUPPORT instead of football fundamentals.

bisongold
09-26-2005, 12:37 PM
I was in a section where there were alot of parents along with teammakers and everyone was up and cheering most of the game.

Bison_Dan
09-26-2005, 01:26 PM
I agree, I thought the one really noticeable thing about this game was zero pressure on the QB, particularly up the middle. Lulay scrambled and they got some coverage sacks, but I think this is what can happen when you are so thin on the D-line. *That being said, you also learn that on the road, at this level, you can't throw away possesions with turnovers and 25 yard penalties. *What a hard fought game though, and I think it's just great watching them go toe to toe with real competition instead of the creampuffs now filling DII.

I was at the game and couldn't disagree more about the D-line play and MSU O-line. Look MSU couldn't run and Lulay couldn't take a 5 or 7 step drop. They ran all underneath stuff and quick hitters. I only saw 1 long pass down field. Without the stupid mental mistakes and some bad luck we win going away. But that's why we play the game. We need some more mental toughness.

dabearsrule
09-26-2005, 03:39 PM
Sorry Sambini that probably won't happen. *The living dead are the majority of the dome attendance and they usually wait to maybe put their hands together when the Bison score. *As for those Bison fans that travel over 500 miles to go to a game I was extremely disappointed as less than half regularly got up to cheer at the MSU game. *I stood up and yelled my lungs out as most of the Bison parents section below sat on their hands. *Do NDSU fans need a class on how to cheer on their team? *Maybe Bohl should teach a class on FAN SUPPORT *instead of football fundamentals. * *

Don't feel too bad SDbison, we have the same problem at Nottingham field here in Greeley. Our attendance has gotten better this season, but they are still too damn quiet. :(

swany_spectrum
09-26-2005, 04:00 PM
We dropped our linebackers into zone coverage quite a bit (from watching the game and tape, hey, us diehards record every game on tv). This may have accounted for the lack of pressure at times. The MSU line did a good job of giving Lulay time, but so did the MSU play calling. MSU went to a lot of short drops for Lulay, many of the 3 step drops rather than the longer 5-7 step drops. Translation, they were running quick slants, hitting the flats, and going with quick hitches for most of the game. They had many makable 3rd and 3s. I bet they converted darn near 70% of their third down attempts.

It looked like we tried to disguise our coverage at times but Lulay did a good job of recognizing it and staying patient. However, it is clear we did not bring our A game and still nearly came away with a victory. Come the time we are eligible for the post season you can bet we'll be ready to rock n' roll.

As for fan support in the dome, it is sad. The Greek system needs to get off their tails and into the stands in the large numbers. Many Greeks I know do not even go to the games, except for the SDSU type games. Student Government ought to do more to promote the games on campus (in conjuction with Bison Ambassadors, Campus Attractions and Blue Key).

Heck, the NDSU administration, ardent football fans, should do more to promote the game to students on campus.

One thing is for certain this weekend. A new, crazed, intense student group with t-shirts printed will be revealed this weekend. Look for Coach Bohl's Rock N' Roll Army in the tailgating lots and the stands, we'll be as loud as ever!

GO HERD OR GO HOME!

swany_spectrum
09-26-2005, 04:02 PM
Hey, finally enough posts were I no longer have the dismal one star and have the 2! What a way to start a Monday!

swany_spectrum
09-26-2005, 06:49 PM
one more thing...keep sending that POOP to Grand Forks sambini ;D ;D ;D

bisongold
09-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Can't wait to see a crazy student section! We definitely need to create more home field advantage!!

UND92
09-26-2005, 08:35 PM
Sorry Sambini that probably won't happen. The living dead are the majority of the dome attendance and they usually wait to maybe put their hands together when the Bison score. As for those Bison fans that travel over 500 miles to go to a game I was extremely disappointed as less than half regularly got up to cheer at the MSU game. I stood up and yelled my lungs out as most of the Bison parents section below sat on their hands. Do NDSU fans need a class on how to cheer on their team? Maybe Bohl should teach a class on FAN SUPPORT instead of football fundamentals.
Or you can just come to the ALERUS on a saturday and your fans can learn first hand how to participate at a game. We might not get the number of fans that you do for games, but the ones that are there are very loud and animated about UND. When are defense is on the field, 90% of the crowd are yelling and whistling on every play. It is very ELECTRIC in there. Ask Tony Stauss how the noise was in the ALERUS. And I know, we are DII, and your aa. So what, no difference.

Bison_Dan
09-26-2005, 08:42 PM
Or you can just come to the ALERUS on a saturday and your fans can learn first hand how to participate at a game. *We might not get the number of fans that you do for games, but the ones that are there are very loud and animated about UND. *When are defense is on the field, 90% of the crowd are yelling and whistling on every play. *It is very ELECTRIC in there. *Ask Tony Stauss how the noise was in the ALERUS. *And I know, we are DII, and your aa. *So what, no difference.

Glad your fans love to watch all that great competition coming to the shed. *Have fun in dii hell. * *

RedRiver
09-26-2005, 08:47 PM
Did und92 say there is no difference between DI and DII?

Bisonguy
09-26-2005, 09:35 PM

Yup, just like RT. ::)

UND92
09-26-2005, 10:33 PM
No, I said aa, not DI. Big difference. Most teams that play aa football can admit it and say that they are aa. I don't understand why some of you have a tough time saying the word aa, including your coach. If you were truly DI in football then you can say it, but you are aa for a reason, it's O.K. to say it.

Bisonguy
09-26-2005, 10:38 PM
No, I said aa, not DI. *Big difference. *Most teams that play aa football can admit it and say that they are aa. *I don't understand why some of you have a tough time saying the word aa, including your coach. *If you were truly DI in football then you can say it, but you are aa for a reason, it's O.K. to say it. *

Please show me where the NCAA has the 'aa' rulebook. It's the same, higher standard of academics and rules for all members of Division I, including DI-A, DI-AA, and DI-AAA.

BisonBacker
09-26-2005, 10:44 PM
Again the ugly green head of undII and Envy they have over NDSU and DI, the guys got over 150 posts most of which are probably filled with envy. Not hard to figure though. I would much rather watch a DI team play DI comptetion rather then undII playing UM-Crookston or for that matter Augastana. Wow now there are two real DII powerhouses.

roadwarrior
09-26-2005, 11:30 PM
I have to agree with our visitor from the north that their fans make more noise than ours. Its always been that way.

swaghook
09-27-2005, 12:53 AM
*And I know, we are DII, and your aa. *So what, no difference.

The diffrence is large, just as large as it is Between IAA and IA in football.

spider
09-27-2005, 02:15 AM
I'm an MSU Bobcat fan, but I have been reading undII fans say that DII is every bit as good as I-AA, and that is just a joke. When you go to MOST IAA vs. DII games the quality of the athletes on the field is not even comparable. DII will have a handful of guys who are really good, but they just don't have the depth. UND is an exception, I think. They are one DII team that could compete in ONE game against a IAA team and probably even win a lot of them. But a whole season would really take its toll on their depth. It's the same as when IAA goes against IA.

Bison fans you just have to realize that right now UND is suffering from an inferiority complex. It's kind of like European countries not liking the United States, they feel less than adequate in comparison. People are always trying to cover up for their deficiencies.

Maybe I'm missing something, but it looks like UND simply cannot afford to make the move, while NDSU can and as a result UND officials and fans have had to come up with all sorts of reasons why they are happy in the "utopia" of DII.

Face it UND fans, if there was no difference between any of the divisions, what would be the point in putting a scholarship limit on any level? Are you telling me that you think that NAIA and DIII are as good as DII? At least NDSU and I-AA fans in general are realistic and can see there is a difference between IA and IAA. Besides, how can you be happy dominating every team you face. You guys would be very successful in IAA. Do It! Do It!

sambini
09-27-2005, 02:27 AM
++

sambini
09-27-2005, 02:32 AM
When things aren't going so good. Just flush a load to Grand Forks.

BisonMav
09-27-2005, 12:14 PM
Good post Spider !!!!

Bison_Dan
09-27-2005, 01:26 PM
The sue are just mad because they have nobody to play against to showcase their team. They have a good team this year but play such inferior competition that it can't be any fun for the fans. Too bad - but the curse of rt will live for a long time. ;D ;D

WYOBISONMAN
09-27-2005, 06:58 PM
There are a damn smart bunch of fans out there in Bozeman!!

swany_spectrum
09-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Very football savvy fans in Montana. UND fans are so bitter of the success NDSU is having. There petty jealousy is humorous. Does anyone in ND really care about DII football anymore? Except for alums and those in GF not really.

UND football is like your kid brother playing Jr. High football while you are in varsity. Nobody really pays any attention to them.

Let me put it this way to the UND fans. Do you pay much attention or care about the results of Crookston or Bemidji games? Probably not...except when you are playing them ;D

D-II is so watered down and sad now. No longer do you have the dominate teams of NDSU, UNC, UC-Davis, etc. The NCC is a damn joke.

sambini
09-29-2005, 03:50 AM
Swany ++