PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Anderson the best RB receiving threat in Bison history?

Pages : [1] 2

THEsocalledfan
10-09-2018, 07:41 PM
After watching what Bruce has done the receiving game this year, I am wondering if he may be the best receiving threat at RB NDSU has ever had?

Discuss. I'd have nightmares as a DC if facing him.

Hammerhead
10-09-2018, 08:41 PM
Lamar Gordon had 30 receptions during his rookie season in the NFL. I can't remember how often he caught passes at NDSU.

http://www.nfl.com/player/lamargordon/2505079/careerstats

Professor Chaos
10-09-2018, 08:44 PM
DJ McNorton was a good one. He was lethal with screen passes.

Also, Ryan Smith started as an RB if that counts. ;)

Rock
10-09-2018, 09:55 PM
Bruce looks a lot like David Johnson to me skill and size wise.

Loved watching Roehl bowl.

Hard to argue against Bruce if he keeps this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
10-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Minus 2" and 10lbs and speed

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

thebootfitter
10-09-2018, 10:37 PM
I think Crockett was a pretty solid receiving back as well. I think that's what helped get him looks at then next level.

Herd
10-09-2018, 10:38 PM
I thought Seth Wilson was declared greatest receiving RB in history last year.

EC8CH
10-10-2018, 01:44 AM
Bruce has been crazy good last half of last year and so far this year, but I'd never mistake him for David Johnson, at least stature wise.

Rock
10-10-2018, 01:53 AM
Bruce has been crazy good last half of last year and so far this year, but I'd never mistake him for David Johnson, at least stature wise.

Stretching on the size, lean beef cut though.

The upright running when taking the passed ball in stride looks good when guys can do it at top speed and balance to avoid tripping on a missed/ankle tackle. Doesn’t hurt when ball placement is there by qb.

EC8CH
10-10-2018, 03:29 AM
Stretching on the size, lean beef cut though.

The upright running when taking the passed ball in stride looks good when guys can do it at top speed and balance to avoid tripping on a missed/ankle tackle. Doesn’t hurt when ball placement is there by qb.

Bruce has trimmed down this year, just doesn't quite have the length as Johnson.

Will be interesting to see if Bruce has a shot at the next level. He keeps up his pace it might happen.

Snowgoose
10-10-2018, 04:01 AM
Bruce has trimmed down this year, just doesn't quite have the length as Johnson.

Will be interesting to see if Bruce has a shot at the next level. He keeps up his pace it might happen.

Last year I thought Bruce was the third best RB on the team. His vision has improved this year and I think by losing five pounds has made him a much better back. I think he does get a shot at the next level because he is also a great special teams player. His versitility makes him atttactive.

natstar1
10-10-2018, 04:11 AM
https://i.imgur.com/vwPm6yU.gif

56BISON73
10-10-2018, 04:31 AM

Beautiful throw!!!!!

Mr Pep Band
10-10-2018, 03:21 PM
The BEST RB for NDSU ever? That would be a stretch i think. The best RB when compared to today's standard of a RB needing to catch as well as run the #$%@ ball, Bruce is definitely in the conversation. Even ten years ago, RB didn't seem to catch balls as much as they do now. So comparing a modern RB to anyone else in the distant past isn't a real fair comparison.

But as far as the title of the thread, yes, I think he is in the top 5 of receiving RB's we have had. Need to do research on RB stats to compare.

Herd12
10-10-2018, 04:53 PM
would have to think there's a long way to go before Anderson passes Morlock.

KNOW IT ALL
10-10-2018, 05:53 PM
At the very least I hope its a sign that coaching plans to get him or the other backs more down field on wheel routes and seam routes as well. A great way to make up for a weak Receiving corp, or at least a receiving corp that isnt producing to this teams standards.

IzzyFlexion
10-10-2018, 06:13 PM
2018 Team Completions (through 5 games):

Distribution:

Wide Receivers: 31.

Tight Ends: 9.

RB/FB: 14.

Bison Loaf
10-10-2018, 06:45 PM

Bruce obviously has a lot of speed, but I also found it visually interesting that Shepperd appeared to have no trouble putting on a burst to catch Bruce (or even overtake him if he needed to) during this clip.

Not a knock on Bruce, by any means. More of an impression on Shepperd's speed that we sometimes don't get to see, or maybe take for granted sometimes, or may have been limited due to injury in the past.

totoinfl
10-10-2018, 06:48 PM
Bruce obviously has a lot of speed, but I also found it visually interesting that Shepperd appeared to have no trouble putting on a burst to catch Bruce (or even overtake him if he needed to) during this clip.

Not a knock on Bruce, by any means. More of an impression on Shepperd's speed that we sometimes don't get to see, or maybe take for granted sometimes, or may have been limited due to injury in the past.

Shep is flat out fast and quick...we get to see the quickness a great deal, he breaks a lot of ankles, but you are right, he put the afterburners on in the clip.

IzzyFlexion
10-10-2018, 06:51 PM

Darrius ran 11.33 in the 100 meters as a high school senior.
18th best in Blue Springs T & F history.

Looks faster than that now.

GreenfieldBison
10-10-2018, 07:25 PM
Shep is flat out fast and quick...we get to see the quickness a great deal, he breaks a lot of ankles, but you are right, he put the afterburners on in the clip.

Also looks like he was drawing a bead on 31 there.

EC8CH
10-10-2018, 11:17 PM
Beautiful throw!!!!!

Ugly turf.

56BISON73
10-11-2018, 12:46 AM
Ugly turf.

:rolleyes:...........

CAS4127
10-11-2018, 01:30 AM

Bruce is also carrying the ball. I’s bet on a taper finish if they raced.

That said, I posted here a few years ago that Shep would make for a great RB. He would.

devin45k
10-11-2018, 02:50 PM
DJ McNorton was a good one. He was lethal with screen passes.

Also, Ryan Smith started as an RB if that counts. ;)

Mcnorton screen playcalls were called perfectly in a lot of situations.

Mr Meaty
10-11-2018, 04:20 PM

We need to run more screens... In the right situations they are huge plays.

ndsubison1
10-11-2018, 06:16 PM
McNorton better pass catcher. Bruce better route runner.

IzzyFlexion
10-11-2018, 06:24 PM

January 7th, 2012. NDSU vs. Sam Houston State

Start of the 3rd Quarter:

NORTH DAKOTA STATE drive start at 15:00.

DJ McNorton rush for 6 yards to the NDSU34 (Will Henry;Bookie Sneed).

Sam Ojuri rush for no gain to the NDSU34 (Kash David;Kenneth Jenkins).

Brock Jensen pass incomplete to Ryan Smith.

Matt Voigtlander rush for 27 yards to the SHSU39, 1ST DOWN NDSU (Brandon Closner).

Brock Jensen pass complete to DJ McNorton for 39 yards to the SHSU0, 1ST DOWN NDSU, TOUCHDOWN, clock 12:47. *

Greatest screen play in Bison history.

*from gobison.com

KNOW IT ALL
10-12-2018, 03:31 PM
Ryan Smith was absolutely lethal underneath. A play NDSU has abandoned since Klieman took over and not sure why (fake punt, onside kick??). Not sure why Shepard isnt getting that route 2-3 times a game. Low risk, very high reward play...If you can get a defense to drop its linebackers just a bit or get them to close in the gaps the short crossing route is unstoppable with a small speed guy.

Professor Chaos
10-12-2018, 03:34 PM
Ryan Smith was absolutely lethal underneath. A play NDSU has abandoned since Klieman took over and not sure why (fake punt, onside kick??). Not sure why Shepard isnt getting that route 2-3 times a game. Low risk, very high reward play...If you can get a defense to drop its linebackers just a bit or get them to close in the gaps the short crossing route is unstoppable with a small speed guy.
The LBs are already close enough to the LOS due to the threat of the run. I think it was in his press conference after the SDSU game but someone (I believe it was Ross Uglem) asked Klieman if they're trying to push the ball more downfield this year based on Easton's yards per attempt and completion and Klieman said it's more what has been available due to the fact that teams are packing in so tight against the run and Easton recognizing that.

KNOW IT ALL
10-12-2018, 03:50 PM
The LBs are already close enough to the LOS due to the threat of the run. I think it was in his press conference after the SDSU game but someone (I believe it was Ross Uglem) asked Klieman if they're trying to push the ball more downfield this year based on Easton's yards per attempt and completion and Klieman said it's more what has been available due to the fact that teams are packing in so tight against the run and Easton recognizing that.

Than ask Klieman if a short crossing route just behind the LB's and in front of the Safeties would be a wise call? Ryan Smith made a Bison career out of it. Make damn sure we dont throw the ball down the seams to a TE either! NDSU could run dive plays every down and beat 80% of the teams they face, lets add some plays back in that we may need later on post season. Sticks running ability has made this offense look a lot more balanced that it really is, I hope he doesnt get dinged.

tolnabison
10-12-2018, 08:30 PM
Than ask Klieman if a short crossing route just behind the LB's and in front of the Safeties would be a wise call? Ryan Smith made a Bison career out of it. Make damn sure we dont throw the ball down the seams to a TE either! NDSU could run dive plays every down and beat 80% of the teams they face, lets add some plays back in that we may need later on post season. Sticks running ability has made this offense look a lot more balanced that it really is, I hope he doesnt get dinged.

Have you watched the last two games? Shepherd has made a killing out of the slot (same position Smith played). He has been great getting behind the linebackers and in-between the safeties. Also the only game Stick has had a lot of designed runs was SDSU. He only had 4 carries against UNI. One carry was a sack, two were scramble plays, and only one designed run that went 31 yards for TD.

WeAreThePride
10-12-2018, 10:03 PM
Have you watched the last two games? Shepherd has made a killing out of the slot (same position Smith played). He has been great getting behind the linebackers and in-between the safeties. Also the only game Stick has had a lot of designed runs was SDSU. He only had 4 carries against UNI. One carry was a sack, two were scramble plays, and only one designed run that went 31 yards for TD.

What about the designed run that he bounced out for a 1 yd TD?

Vet70
10-12-2018, 10:14 PM
I don't get the concern about opening up the offensive playbook and tight ends at this point. The offense has averaged 36.2 points a game. I didn't count the two defensive TDs and the gimme against Delaware that would raise the average to 40.4. Add in 463.4 yards of offense a game and an average of 7.5 yards a play. There may come a time for different schemes, but why put them on tape now?

SDbison
10-12-2018, 11:13 PM
I don't get the concern about opening up the offensive playbook and tight ends at this point. The offense has averaged 36.2 points a game. I didn't count the two defensive TDs and the gimme against Delaware that would raise the average to 40.4. Add in 463.4 yards of offense a game and an average of 7.5 yards a play. There may come a time for different schemes, but why put them on tape now? The Bison shouldn't have to worry about opening the playbook. They have one of the best olines, best QBs, best stable of RBs and best defenses in all of FCS. Just put the hammer down!

BisonNeil
10-13-2018, 02:07 AM

Well, according to an interview of Shepherd on 1660 today on the Insiders Darius said the coaches have been playing him at different positions. He said that the reason he has found success in the past two games is that the coaches have put him on the “outside” rather than in the slot where he has normally played. Based on what I heard Shepherd say I can’t help but wonder if you’ve watched the last two games.

tolnabison
10-13-2018, 02:17 AM
Well, according to an interview of Shepherd on 1660 today on the Insiders Darius said the coaches have been playing him at different positions. He said that the reason he has found success in the past two games is that the coaches have put him on the “outside” rather than in the slot where he has normally played. Based on what I heard Shepherd say I can’t help but wonder if you’ve watched the last two games.

Watch the tape. You will see where he's done most his damage. One touchdown he started outside and motioned to the slot.

And I guess maybe I shouldn't of specified slot. But he does his work over he middle, very similar to Ryan Smith. And yes I watched the games. I attended.

tolnabison
10-13-2018, 02:20 AM
What about the designed run that he bounced out for a 1 yd TD?

Missed 1. I was just saying that he hasn't taken a lot of hits in the run game because we haven't had to set up designed running plays for him. A lot of his runs in the SDSU game were on scrambles.

Alsen
10-13-2018, 08:19 AM
NFL Draft Scout has Bruce ranked as the #19 RB in the country as of today.http://draftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1026389&draftyear=2019&genpos=RB

If our guy can just stay healthy and find some great combine training he might just get himself drafted in the mid rounds. His special teams segment of his resume is excellent.

Thirty RB's were invited to the combine last year so I expect he will be a shoe-in for an invite, especially if he gets a Shrine invite and has a good week there.

Health is the key. If he shines in the playoffs this year, he might just get himself further up in the rankings.

I expect Darren Sproles will retire next year, and a lot of rumors about Ajayi's knees have been around since his medicals at the combine. Ajayi will be an UFA. Smallwood seems to have ball security issues and Clement is painfully slow. There might just be a possibility of Bruce being reunited with Wentz. I wouldn't be surprised if the Eagles actually use two picks on RB's in next year's draft.

Alsen
10-13-2018, 08:24 AM
BTW: Eagles are looking good come draft day 2019: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/4/27/17290932/eagles-draft-picks-2019-nfl-philadephia-trades-howie-roseman-compensatory-ravens-broncos-future

If nothing else, Bruce Almighty with one of those 7ths?

Rock
10-13-2018, 03:21 PM
BTW: Eagles are looking good come draft day 2019: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2018/4/27/17290932/eagles-draft-picks-2019-nfl-philadephia-trades-howie-roseman-compensatory-ravens-broncos-future

If nothing else, Bruce Almighty with one of those 7ths?

Nice to have all of those picks if they want to clear cap space for a Wentz deal. Not sure if intentional but either way Howie is the best GM in the league.

MAKBison
10-14-2018, 03:49 PM
Coach K still being coy on BA injury......saying not enough info on injury to say anything yet

SafeTeeJ
10-14-2018, 03:57 PM
Hamstring injury me thinks.

MAKBison
10-14-2018, 04:23 PM
Hamstring injury me thinks.

Seems to be the consensus thought

Christopher Moen
10-14-2018, 04:36 PM
Seems to be the consensus thought

That’s what he grabbed on his walk back to the sideline.

Using my iPhone to Tapatalk-a-tap-dance on the F’Hawking graves of dead feelings from those who worship Nazi-sympathizers.

jcdcubs
10-14-2018, 04:39 PM
Cramps, He was bike trying to loosen it up. Will find out Monday.

MAKBison
10-14-2018, 04:50 PM
Cramps, He was bike trying to loosen it up. Will find out Monday.

I thought forum team in their post-game said they saw him getting treatment/ice or something on the hammy.

But, it was a cold day and they held shep out for cramps a few weeks back so its not out of the question.

Odd CK would say not enough info today tho. he was quick to say Sheps was just cramps a few weeks back.

Maybe now that we are into valley play he is being more hush hush on these types of things

tony
10-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Radio guys were saying hamstring. Don't think you go into the locker room on a cart and come back in street clothes for cramps.

MAKBison
10-14-2018, 05:43 PM
Radio guys were saying hamstring. Don't think you go into the locker room on a cart and come back in street clothes for cramps.

Shep came out in street close in a game early this season cuz of cramps plus it was cold so it's not out of the question. Cart could be because of the distance of the locker room form the field

HerdBot
10-14-2018, 05:56 PM

TV guys said calf cramp

MAKBison
10-14-2018, 10:58 PM
Bison report saying BA has a hamstring injury

BisonNeil
10-15-2018, 12:50 PM
Bison report saying BA has a hamstring injury

If true must be fairly minor. Kolpack reporting in Forum today that Grimsley and Anderson have not been ruled out for next game with ISUr and that Klieman is hoping they can return to practice Tuesday or Wednesday. Fairly good news!

Professor Chaos
10-15-2018, 01:50 PM
Soft tissue injuries like strained hamstrings are usually more problematic for RBs than at other positions. That's what's kept Leonard Fournette out the majority of this year for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Of course the severity can vary greatly from player to player and injury to injury but I wouldn't be shocked if it keeps him out this week and I'm sure Klieman will play coy about it at his presser today ("We'll work him out as the week progresses and see where he's at..."). If he can't go this week hopefully it's a game or two at most that he's out.

THEsocalledfan
10-15-2018, 03:08 PM
Soft tissue injuries like strained hamstrings are usually more problematic for RBs than at other positions. That's what's kept Leonard Fournette out the majority of this year for the Jacksonville Jaguars. Of course the severity can vary greatly from player to player and injury to injury but I wouldn't be shocked if it keeps him out this week and I'm sure Klieman will play coy about it at his presser today ("We'll work him out as the week progresses and see where he's at..."). If he can't go this week hopefully it's a game or two at most that he's out.

They'll need Brooks to go for extended action. How banged up is he at this point? Cofield has looked solid when he's had reps, and wonder if this could be a "1 game" of 4 for Seth Wilson.

Vet70
10-15-2018, 03:11 PM
They'll need Brooks to go for extended action. How banged up is he at this point? Cofield has looked solid when he's had reps, and wonder if this could be a "1 game" of 4 for Seth Wilson.

Maybe Clark.

Professor Chaos
10-15-2018, 03:16 PM
I don't think Brooks is too beat up. He was good enough to come back against WIU after sitting out the UNI game and didn't seem any worse for wear. I would guess between Dunn, Brooks, and Cofield they can handle the load and Klieman even mentioned on the coach's show yesterday that they're comfortable with Brock Robbins carrying the ball some as well. Maybe they'd dress Clark and Wilson in the case that there's another injury but there's still plenty of RBs to share the load I think.

KNOW IT ALL
10-17-2018, 08:06 PM
If the Bison would commit to 12 or more carries for Cofield Im betting on him going for BIG yards!!! He's got the IT factor when I see him run.

Bison 4 Life
10-17-2018, 08:11 PM
I don't think Brooks is too beat up. He was good enough to come back against WIU after sitting out the UNI game and didn't seem any worse for wear. I would guess between Dunn, Brooks, and Cofield they can handle the load and Klieman even mentioned on the coach's show yesterday that they're comfortable with Brock Robbins carrying the ball some as well. Maybe they'd dress Clark and Wilson in the case that there's another injury but there's still plenty of RBs to share the load I think.

I like this. They have the ability to get the LBs running a bit.

steelbison
10-17-2018, 08:16 PM
If the Bison would commit to 12 or more carries for Cofield Im betting on him going for BIG yards!!! He's got the IT factor when I see him run.

Couldn’t agree more. Kid is electric. Spin moves jump cuts. Good vision. No idea why he didn’t get more run last week with Bruce going down.

BisManBison
10-17-2018, 08:56 PM
Couldn’t agree more. Kid is electric. Spin moves jump cuts. Good vision. No idea why he didn’t get more run last week with Bruce going down.

Kleiman alluded to pass protection issues with Cofield. He still needs to be better in pass protection to get reps with the 1's with the game still in the balance.

KNOW IT ALL
10-19-2018, 01:38 PM
If BA has a bad Hammy I hope they keep him out. It never seems to go well when backs try and go with this type of injury. that 20% they lose makes them nothing more than an avg. back. As for Brooks, I love to watch him run but I'd be VERY suprised if he can handle 10-12 carries without injury, some guys are injury prone and he appears to be one of them. Cofield is my bet for a BIG game. Not to worried about his pass blocking as the Bison only have one WR to get the ball to anyway.

bri-dog
12-24-2018, 05:14 PM
Bruce to the Senior Bowl -- congrats, Bruce!

https://twitter.com/RossUglem/status/1077263137613729793

GOBISON123
12-24-2018, 05:58 PM
Proud of this boy, congratulations Bruce.

Mr Meaty
12-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Great honor and well deserved. Bruuuuuuuuuce!!!!

Bisonator98
12-24-2018, 07:26 PM
Tear it up Bruuuuuce!

SoCalBison
12-25-2018, 12:45 PM
Really great for Bruce to get this recognition. With the way NDSU rotates backs, for Bruce to go to the senior bowl is a double accomplishment.

ndsubison1
12-25-2018, 03:44 PM
His versatility should give him outside shot to get drafted late

Snowgoose
12-25-2018, 03:56 PM
I think another thing that gives him a great advantage to be drafted is the fact he was a great special teams player early in his career.

MinotBison
12-25-2018, 04:23 PM
:biggrin: Congratulations Bruce! :biggrin:

westnodak93bison
12-25-2018, 05:04 PM
Really great for Bruce to get this recognition. With the way NDSU rotates backs, for Bruce to go to the senior bowl is a double accomplishment.Well nfl teams know he as limited reps so he is not worn out so to speak.

sbark
12-25-2018, 06:24 PM
I think another thing that gives him a great advantage to be drafted is the fact he was a great special teams player early in his career.

special teams ability is very very underestimated in as far as gauging a players chance at a roster spot...….and once on a roster then a chance of lighting in a bottle.

MAKBison
12-25-2018, 07:24 PM
special teams ability is very very underestimated in as far as gauging a players chance at a roster spot...….and once on a roster then a chance of lighting in a bottle.

After his running....I think it his receiving skills out of the Backfield that gives him more of a chance then teams. But yes the more you can do.

Tony Almeida
12-25-2018, 08:21 PM
IMO, there's no doubt Bruce gets drafted, give Lance Dunn a chance as well and he will surprise some folks in the NFL.

Professor Chaos
12-26-2018, 02:47 PM
IMO, there's no doubt Bruce gets drafted, give Lance Dunn a chance as well and he will surprise some folks in the NFL.
This guy has a pretty good track record of projecting draft position for FCS guys: https://twitter.com/joshbdraft/status/1077300139348377601

He says Bruce has a 5th round grade as of right now.

Tony Almeida
12-26-2018, 10:33 PM
This guy has a pretty good track record of projecting draft position for FCS guys: https://twitter.com/joshbdraft/status/1077300139348377601

He says Bruce has a 5th round grade as of right now.Cool. Hopefully he gets a shot along with Dunn.

HerdistheWord
01-12-2019, 05:36 PM
Bruce accepted an invite to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. He'll be doing that and the Senior Bowl. I'm guessing he wants to make up for not playing in the championship.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=142120&line=95924&spln=1

Alsen
01-13-2019, 07:17 PM
I assume he is getting a combine invite? Anybody know when those become official?

Man I hope he stays healthy through this process. I know he is capable of running a 4.5. It is vitally important to his financial future to get that number as low as physically possible for him.

He has great film and he will ace the interview process, but that forty can be the difference between being a 4th round pick and going undrafted.

Love THE BRUCE!

Bisonator98
01-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Bruce accepted an invite to the NFLPA Collegiate Bowl. He'll be doing that and the Senior Bowl. I'm guessing he wants to make up for not playing in the championship.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=142120&line=95924&spln=1

Hope he can stay healthy for both and the combine. He's really struggled with muscle issues.

scbison91
01-17-2019, 03:29 PM
Hope he can stay healthy for both and the combine. He's really struggled with muscle issues. just saw that Plaxico Buress is one of the coaches for this gaem.

HerdistheWord
01-17-2019, 03:59 PM

I think this information is B.S. I can't find anything to corroborate it. Looks like rotoworld messed up. UND runningback is in the collegiate bowl.

BISON24
01-17-2019, 05:45 PM
https://twitter.com/NFLPABowl/status/1083846049553412096

Bisonator98
01-17-2019, 06:05 PM
The NFLPA Bowl will be on FS1 on Saturday 1/19 at 4pm.

HerdistheWord
01-17-2019, 10:54 PM
https://twitter.com/NFLPABowl/status/1083846049553412096

Thanks. I couldn't find anything on him and he wasn't listed on the roster that i saw.

IzzyFlexion
01-18-2019, 01:05 PM
Thanks. I couldn't find anything on him and he wasn't listed on the roster that i saw.

The roster announcement on their website is date stamped January 10th. Perhaps there was a scratch.

UND cornerback Deion Harris & running back John Santiago are on there.

noryan34
01-18-2019, 03:10 PM
Isnt the Collegiate bowl this weekend in California?

If so I doubt he plays in that. Ben Newman tweeted out he had dinner with Bruce and Stick in Tampa last night.

https://twitter.com/ContinuedFight/status/1086101224301182977

HerdistheWord
01-18-2019, 04:28 PM
So the plot thickens...

Stary2k11
01-18-2019, 08:05 PM
So the plot thickens...

I am sure the answer is less dramatic than everyone will want. Perhaps he needed the extra time to rehab and chose the better of the 2 options as the senior bowl is a week later and is the more prestigious.

Bison 4 Life
01-18-2019, 08:14 PM
I am sure the answer is less dramatic than everyone will want. Perhaps he needed the extra time to rehab and chose the better of the 2 options as the senior bowl is a week later and is the more prestigious.

or, perhaps, he just got on one of those new fangled airplanes and flew to CA.

Stary2k11
01-18-2019, 08:19 PM
or, perhaps, he just got on one of those new fangled airplanes and flew to CA.

But he's not even listed on the current roster for the NFLPA game. Doubt he's playing in that one then.

NDSUstudent
01-19-2019, 06:29 PM
I hope Bruce can get back to 100%, I think he has a chance to really impress if he does. Seems like he is picking up some steam as well..

https://twitter.com/nfldraftscout/status/1086401765484818433

https://twitter.com/MichaelKistNFL/status/1086076920578494464

Last tweet is from an Eagles writer, Bruce would pair so well with Wentz and what that offense does.

HerdistheWord
01-21-2019, 05:11 PM
Bruce picking up steam from the media.

https://dawindycity.com/2019/01/21/chicago-bears-draft-sleeper/3/

RedRiver
01-22-2019, 02:59 PM
https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/21/2019-senior-bowl-running-back-rankings-chicago-bears-nfl-draft/

1. Bruce Anderson | North Dakota State | 5-11, 210

bri-dog
01-22-2019, 04:50 PM
Senior Bowl practice coverage begins in 10 minutes on the NFL Network...

THEsocalledfan
01-22-2019, 06:05 PM
Senior Bowl practice coverage begins in 10 minutes on the NFL Network...

rube cred....

23Bison
01-22-2019, 06:34 PM
Bruce wearing number 4 from the looks of it.

23Bison
01-22-2019, 06:59 PM
Bruce’s numbers come in at 5’11” 209lbs.

tony
01-22-2019, 07:24 PM
Bruce is killing it out there today receiving.

For example, https://twitter.com/DraftNetworkLLC/status/1087805272012345345

HerdistheWord
01-22-2019, 07:26 PM
He met with the Cowboys. Would like to see him go somewhere else personally.

NDSUstudent
01-22-2019, 07:48 PM
Philly, KC, Washington, Tampa, Oakland, Atlanta, etc lots of teams could use a back like Bruce.

Bisonator98
01-22-2019, 07:52 PM
He met with the Cowboys. Would like to see him go somewhere else personally.

Doubt they are going to draft a RB. Agree that I'd rather he not land there.

SDbison
01-22-2019, 07:56 PM
Philly, KC, Washington, Tampa, Oakland, Atlanta, etc lots of teams could use a back like Bruce. Would be great to see Bruce in Philly!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-22-2019, 07:57 PM
Philly, KC, Washington, Tampa, Oakland, Atlanta, etc lots of teams could use a back like Bruce.

Bruce and Wentz paired up again... :biggrin:

Mr Meaty
01-22-2019, 07:58 PM
Bruce and Wentz paired up again... :biggrin:

Just not in Philly. lol

SDbison
01-22-2019, 08:16 PM
More of Bruce from today's practice: https://twitter.com/DraftNetworkLLC/status/1087805642658713600?s=20

sbark
01-22-2019, 11:02 PM
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/22/18192525/reeses-senior-bowl-call-your-shot-which-participant-will-the-cowboys-draft

Bruce a senior bowl interview

EC8CH
01-22-2019, 11:30 PM
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2019/1/22/18192525/reeses-senior-bowl-call-your-shot-which-participant-will-the-cowboys-draft

First question.... I feel like your receiving skills were under utilzed at North Dakota State :facepalm:

Ok this interviewer is clueless.

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2019, 11:41 PM
Bruce is killing it out there today receiving.

For example, https://twitter.com/DraftNetworkLLC/status/1087805272012345345
And some guy comments on the clip saying it was a "shitty cut".
Maybe he would like to cover him on that route if he thought it was that bad.....

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2019, 11:43 PM
First question.... I feel like your receiving skills were under utilzed at North Dakota State :facepalm:

Next question (in a pretend world)
"So Bruce, have you ever been to the Dallas area?"

OrygunBison
01-22-2019, 11:58 PM

Sweet Moses. This exemplifies precisely how many completely unqualified people are in this NFL Draft blogging "business". This kid is smaller, looks younger, and is less well-spoken than my 14 year old son. Certainly knows less about football than my son as well.

I get dumber every time I watch garbage like this.

I'll probably get slammed for this opinion but I really don't know how someone can be truly informed about the sport of football if you've never play the sport, which clearly this guy hasn't. Not flag football, not throwing the ball around, not that stoopid 7v7 crap. Real football. Until you've put your body on the line in real competition, it is hard to relate. Personally, I have a hard time questioning ANYONE that has played college or pro ball since I can't relate with that experience or what it takes to compete and fail/succeed. Major respect to those who have. I try to stay in my lane.

StL Bison Fan
01-23-2019, 02:18 AM
Sweet Moses. This exemplifies precisely how many completely unqualified people are in this NFL Draft blogging "business". This kid is smaller, looks younger, and is less well-spoken than my 14 year old son. Certainly knows less about football than my son as well.

I get dumber every time I watch garbage like this.

I'll probably get slammed for this opinion but I really don't know how someone can be truly informed about the sport of football if you've never play the sport, which clearly this guy hasn't. Not flag football, not throwing the ball around, not that stoopid 7v7 crap. Real football. Until you've put your body on the line in real competition, it is hard to relate. Personally, I have a hard time questioning ANYONE that has played college or pro ball since I can't relate with that experience or what it takes to compete and fail/succeed. Major respect to those who have. I try to stay in my lane.

Ross didn’t play football (manager Ross???) but absorbed more football than any of these rubes on tv.

ndsubison1
01-23-2019, 03:52 AM

The first 3 years they were

Herd
01-23-2019, 04:02 AM

No, that’s fair. The whole damn team was too busy running it down the throats of their opponents to throw the ball too much.

Bison 4 Life
01-23-2019, 01:25 PM
Ross didn’t play football (manager Ross???) but absorbed more football than any of these rubes on tv.

Yeah I don't necessarily buy that. Some of the winningest coaches never played.

OrygunBison
01-23-2019, 03:09 PM
Yeah I don't necessarily buy that. Some of the winningest coaches never played.

Clearly, there are exceptions...just like with anything that is difficult to do. This is why I used the phrase "I really don't know" how it can be. I certainly could never be a person that anyone would mistake as a draft expert. The thing is, even I know more about the game than many of these dipshits. Most of you do as well.

HerdistheWord
01-23-2019, 03:17 PM
Back on topic, have yet to hear a bad thing about Bruce. Sounds like he is rising from UDFA to a day 2 or day 3 pick. Hard to predict running backs though. To date, it has been confirmed that he met with the Colts and Cowboys.

Newest tweet about Bruce:

https://mobile.twitter.com/NFLDraftBible/status/1088107285551943685

What did we do before Twitter?

StL Bison Fan
01-23-2019, 03:20 PM
Back on topic, have yet to hear a bad thing about Bruce. Sounds like he is rising from UDFA to a day 2 or day 3 pick. Hard to predict running backs though. To date, it has been confirmed that he met with the Colts and Cowboys.

Football. A place where shiftiness is a good thing

23Bison
01-23-2019, 03:23 PM
Well he’s got a couple more days to impress the scouts more. Then the combine will be big for him. He may very well get into day two if he stays consistent.

oldmantutters
01-23-2019, 03:27 PM

I don't remember, coming up on my 10 year Twitter anniversary.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

El_Chapo
01-23-2019, 04:39 PM

I AGREE 1000% how in the HELL didn't our OC throw more to this guy out of the backfield in the flats or screens, PATHETIC! so glad Mess is gone.

thebootfitter
01-23-2019, 09:06 PM
rube cred....
I'm not sure that word means quite what you think it means...

Hardrocker
01-23-2019, 09:06 PM
Looks like Bruce pulled something in PP drills...looks like left leg.

SDbison
01-23-2019, 09:07 PM
Some comments about Bruce's receiving skills and how he might fit well with Cowboys. Apparently the Cowboys have met with Bruce already. https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/01/23/film-room-5-potential-cowboys-targets-improving-stock-senior-bowl

SDbison
01-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Hopefully nothing serious. But then even something small could keep him out of practice and prevent him from playing on Saturday. This sucks!

23Bison
01-23-2019, 09:44 PM
Why does this always happen? I hope it’s not serious.

ndsubison1
01-23-2019, 09:45 PM
The drills are more important than the actual game. At least they got to see something of him.

Bison"FANatic"
01-23-2019, 10:17 PM
Seriously I want the guy to succeed but if I am a NFL GM all the pulled muscles have to be a red flag

HerdistheWord
01-23-2019, 10:19 PM
Seriously I want the guy to succeed but if I am a NFL GM all the pulled muscles have to be a red flag

I agree to an extent. Seems like he has been having a lot of minor injuries. Though pulled hammy's seem like a prett common RB injury.

Bisonator98
01-23-2019, 10:40 PM

Sheesh what's the deal with all his muscle issues....:(

GOBISON123
01-24-2019, 01:04 AM
I agree to an extent. Seems like he has been having a lot of minor injuries. Though pulled hammy's seem like a prett common RB injury.

Hydration issues, nothing big. He will learn how to manage in different climate conditions. I am more upset Lance Dunn wasn't invited. Lance I feel is more faster and shifty compared to Bruce.

steelbison
01-24-2019, 01:06 AM
Hydration issues, nothing big. He will learn how to manage in different climate conditions. I am more upset Lance Dunn wasn't invited. Lance I feel is more faster and shifty compared to Bruce.

Lol. Seriously? You must be one blind SOB.

56BISON73
01-24-2019, 01:10 AM

If thats the case then hes had that issue for 5 years. Are you saying Kramer doesnt know how to keep his players hydrated?:facepalm:

reformedUNDfan
01-24-2019, 02:30 AM
Lol. Seriously? You must be one blind SOB.

I agree with him

NDSU
01-24-2019, 03:31 AM
Quad injury

56BISON73
01-24-2019, 03:45 AM
Quad injury

Can you cure that with hydration?

Vet70
01-24-2019, 03:48 AM
Can you cure that with hydration?

Yes, but it takes about six weeks.

56BISON73
01-24-2019, 03:54 AM
Yes, but it takes about six weeks.

Oh nicely done my friend, nicely done!!!!

ndsubison1
01-24-2019, 04:19 AM

Love Lance but Bruce is a more complete back

Rixen
01-24-2019, 04:23 AM
Really hope this doesn't have long term impact. The combine, if he is invited, is in 5 weeks. I think he generated some fun buzz this week but man I hope he is healthy enough to keep participating this week and also be full go for the combine. The unfortunate thing would be I imagine he would have to rehab and rest the injury which might impact his measurables/timings at the combine with a month off of specific skill training.

Fingers crossed for you, Bruce.

CalBison97
01-24-2019, 12:32 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190124/0c4d581d36e6232fa064994121149bd4.jpg

Bisonator98
01-24-2019, 12:47 PM

These aren't cramps he's dealing with....:facepalm:

HerdistheWord
01-24-2019, 01:04 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190124/0c4d581d36e6232fa064994121149bd4.jpg

That is a major blow. He had a chance to creep up to a late day two pick. If he isn't full go for the combine and his pro day, then he could drop to UDFA status pretty easily. It also sounds like he got blown up in pass pro a few times before leaving with the injury. Wonder if his poor performance was due to pushing through an injury. Tough blow...

23Bison
01-24-2019, 01:17 PM
CHRIST! :ranting:

Mr Meaty
01-24-2019, 01:19 PM
The combine is where Bruce will either improve his stock or drop. He needs to be healthy going in and ready to give it his all. "small" school guys always have a tougher road to travel and Bruce can do it.

Professor Chaos
01-24-2019, 01:50 PM
The combine is where Bruce will either improve his stock or drop. He needs to be healthy going in and ready to give it his all. "small" school guys always have a tougher road to travel and Bruce can do it.
Hopefully he can get healthy by then. I seem to remember it being in early to mid February back during the Wentz-athon in 2016 but this year it doesn't start until 2/26 and RBs don't work out until 3/1 so that gives him 4 weeks. In any case it's probably going to hurt his combine performance since he won't be able to train as he'd like to in preparation. His 40 time is going to be critical to his draft stock so it wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't run at the combine and instead holds out and runs on NDSU's pro day instead.

HerdistheWord
01-24-2019, 02:26 PM
According to his agent, Bruce met with over 20 teams while at the Senior Bowl. Pro day could have a nice amount of scouts this year if weather cooperates. May help guys like Shep, Grimsley, and Volson get UDFA and training camp looks.

Bison20
01-24-2019, 02:39 PM
Hopefully he did enough in the first 2 days to impress. Just hope hes healthy by combine.

2011BisonAlumni
01-24-2019, 04:05 PM
Hopefully he did enough in the first 2 days to impress. Just hope hes healthy by combine.

He does not have a combine invite at this point does he?

HerdistheWord
01-24-2019, 04:13 PM

I guess we don't know, but everyone at the senior bowl should probably get one IMO. Bruce has good tape too. He would be a rather moderate snub at this point if he didn't get invited.

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2019, 04:27 PM
I guess we don't know, but everyone at the senior bowl should probably get one IMO. Bruce has good tape too. He would be a rather moderate snub at this point if he didn't get invited.

This would be my impression.

mtoutfitter
01-24-2019, 04:50 PM
According to his agent, Bruce met with over 20 teams while at the Senior Bowl. Pro day could have a nice amount of scouts this year if weather cooperates. May help guys like Shep, Grimsley, and Volson get UDFA and training camp looks.

I could be wrong but was under the impression that Grimsley had no interest in the next level?

HerdistheWord
01-24-2019, 05:04 PM
I could be wrong but was under the impression that Grimsley had no interest in the next level?

You might be right. I just included him, because he was a stud for us.

Greta Van Herd
01-24-2019, 06:07 PM

Bruce currently does not have a combine invite.

GOBISON123
01-24-2019, 08:21 PM

He is training for a carrier in criminal justice system.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-24-2019, 08:26 PM
Bruce currently does not have a combine invite.

The Herd is indeed a Fleet. Bravo GVH

HerdistheWord
01-24-2019, 08:46 PM
The official combine list isn't even posted yet.

Greta Van Herd
01-24-2019, 10:01 PM
The Herd is indeed a Fleet. Bravo GVH

Thank-you. I also intend on saving Bisonville while I'm at it.

Vet70
01-24-2019, 10:22 PM

Good luck with that. :rofl:

Green1
01-25-2019, 01:06 AM

Good luck with that. :rofl:

After that, work on that whole cancer cure thing.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-25-2019, 01:11 AM
After that, work on that whole cancer cure thing.

Bisonville is just fine. The BB programs on the other hand .... but then this seems to be a ND issue

tjbison
01-26-2019, 09:11 PM
He play at all today in the Senior bowl?

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2019, 09:12 PM
He play at all today in the Senior bowl?

He was replaced on the roster on Thursday.

tjbison
01-26-2019, 09:15 PM
He was replaced on the roster on Thursday.

oh, didn't knw that, why?

Bison 4 Life
01-26-2019, 09:21 PM
oh, didn't knw that, why?

Injury. He was replaced by a kid from Pitt.

StL Bison Fan
01-26-2019, 09:28 PM
I did see this tweet from a person named Sarah, retweeted by Bisonation. So the Andersons are there.

Hanging out with the ndsu rb’s family. He got hurt in prac this week but theyre still here to support him. That’s love 

Deuce Dog Nitro
01-29-2019, 09:04 PM
Love Lance but Bruce is a more complete back

Love Both Backs but for argument sake let's do some comparisons

Player, Games Played, Career Rushing Yards, Career Receiving Yards, Career Rushes, Career Receptions, Rushing TD's, Receiving TD's, No. of Kick Returns, Return Yards, Return TD's

Bruce, 52, 2896, 448, 486, 32, 24, 7, 52, 1360, 2
Lance 48, 3028, 321, 514, 33, 33, 5, 5, 88, 0

Who is the more complete Running Back? With the exception of Kick returns, which is not strictly a running back position, very debatable.

thebigund
01-29-2019, 09:07 PM

Player Games Played Career Rushing Yards Career Receiving Yards Career Rushes Career Receptions Rushing TD's Receiving TD's No. of Kick Returns Return Yards Return TD's

Bruce 52 2896 448 486 32 24 7 52 1360 2
Lance 48 3028 321 514 33 33 5 5 88 0

Who is the more complete Running Back? With the exception of Kick returns, which is not strictly a running back position, very debatable.

Easy on the facts bud, this is Bisonville, someone will get triggered.

tony
01-29-2019, 09:17 PM

Player, Games Played, Career Rushing Yards, Career Receiving Yards, Career Rushes, Career Receptions, Rushing TD's, Receiving TD's, No. of Kick Returns, Return Yards, Return TD's

I kind of expect to see Lance in a team's camp.

NDSU certainly has been blessed with an excellent string of RBs. And both Lance and Bruce just got better and better.

HerdistheWord
01-29-2019, 09:28 PM

The only major difference is probably the kick returns, which may be a big consideration if they both go undrafted.

Vet70
01-29-2019, 09:51 PM
Easy on the facts bud, this is Bisonville, someone will get triggered.

Facts aren't exactly a staple on SS.

WhoRepsTheLurker
01-29-2019, 09:56 PM

That would be cool. NDSU Pro Day should be fun this year. I’ll be curious to see if any players from the smaller regional programs show up.

GOBISON123
01-29-2019, 10:46 PM
I am irritated that Lance Dunn wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He is a hands down risk free 100% money back guaranteed 3rd round pick.

westnodak93bison
01-29-2019, 11:06 PM
I am irritated that Lance Dunn wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He is a hands down risk free 100% money back guaranteed 3rd round pick.Lmao

Buffalo.Rider
01-29-2019, 11:10 PM

NDSU certainly has been blessed with an excellent string of RBs. And both Lance and Bruce just got better and better.

NDSU has been blessed with good QBs too !
Perhaps more so than RBs. Last two QBs made it to the pros, and Stick is (it looks like) heading there too.
How many college teams in the U.S. have done this? Three QBs in a row, in the pros somewhere.
(OK, this is a Bruce and a RB thread.)

HerdBot
01-29-2019, 11:42 PM
I am irritated that Lance Dunn wasn't invited to the Senior Bowl or NFL Combine. He is a hands down risk free 100% money back guaranteed 3rd round pick.

I think Lance is a hell of a running back. Less powerful than Bruce but a bit faster and makes people miss.

ndsubison1
01-30-2019, 12:42 AM

It actually isn't debateable. Bruce is a better pass catcher, route runner. Hence one of the reasons he was invited to Senior Bowl and getting draft looks. That being said, Im glad we had both!

Vet70
01-30-2019, 12:59 AM
It actually isn't debateable. Bruce is a better pass catcher, route runner. Hence one of the reasons he was invited to Senior Bowl and getting draft looks. That being said, Im glad we had both!

I agree we were lucky to have both. Having said that if I were drafting only one it would be Bruce because of his versatility. In addition to his pass catching ability he ranks #5 in the all-purpose yards, #2 in KR return yards, tied for first in KR TD's and #4 in average KR yards.

GOBISON123
01-30-2019, 01:42 PM
I think Lance is a hell of a running back. Less powerful than Bruce but a bit faster and makes people miss.

Less powerful ???, he single handedly pushed Desmond King a former Hawkeye CB , current NFL DB during that game and stored a TD.

Vet70
01-30-2019, 01:49 PM
Less powerful ???, he single handedly pushed Desmond King a former Hawkeye CB , current NFL DB during that game and stored a TD.

Any good running back should be able to shove a CB out of the way.

Jelo
01-30-2019, 01:54 PM
Ranking top 5 running backs

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/1/30/18203025/ranking-top-5-running-backs-2019-nfl-draft-philadelphia-eagles-josh-jacobs-prospects

mtoutfitter
01-30-2019, 02:18 PM

No he didn't. On a breakaway run, King pushed Dunn out of bounds and King chopped the ball free as well. Like Dunn myself....just have to point out that you're wrong again.

MankatoBison
01-30-2019, 02:35 PM
Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I always had the impression that Lance at 100% was marginally better than Bruce 100% in the backfield.

I also know that Bruce's SpTeams and Pass catching is better than Lance's. Not saying bruce is a chump, he deserves every bit of the accolades he is receiving, but I am surprised Lance is getting ZERO attention. Astonished, really.

Bisonator98
01-30-2019, 03:53 PM
IMO Lance was a better RB until his hip injury. He seemed to lose a step and some of his elusiveness. He still might get a shot in an NFL camp.

Bruce is just a great all around back and his special teams play will help him land a spot on an NFL team. His health is a concern though.

ndsubison1
01-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Ranking top 5 running backs

https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2019/1/30/18203025/ranking-top-5-running-backs-2019-nfl-draft-philadelphia-eagles-josh-jacobs-prospects

No Snell out of Kentucky is not a very good list.

ndsubison1
01-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Maybe I'm a weirdo, but I always had the impression that Lance at 100% was marginally better than Bruce 100% in the backfield.

I also know that Bruce's SpTeams and Pass catching is better than Lance's. Not saying bruce is a chump, he deserves every bit of the accolades he is receiving, but I am surprised Lance is getting ZERO attention. Astonished, really.

I too believe Dunn is a better between the tackles runner. Bruce improved this going into his senior year as well. Dunn improved his vision immensely from sophomore year to Jr/Sr.

Nothing wrong with pointing out players strengths/weaknesses/improvements.

steelbison
01-30-2019, 04:56 PM

Couldn't disagree more. Bruce's speed and burst improved greatly from his sophomore to his Junior year. His vision also greatly improved.

I think Bruce is much quicker and faster than Dunn, a much more powerful runner and has great hands. The last two years when Bruce hit a seam he was gone. No one caught him.

Nothing against Dunn as he is a great back in his own right, but I think Bruce is hands down the better back. That is the reason he was invited to the Senior Bowl.

We will see when they run 40's but my guess is Bruce will have the faster time.

Twincitybizon
01-30-2019, 04:58 PM
Everyone is talking on here about Bruce in the return game. I don't see him being explosive enough to be an NFL kick return guy. I think his play on kickoff and punt coverage is a better asset. Imo

Vet70
01-30-2019, 05:07 PM
Everyone is talking on here about Bruce in the return game. I don't see him being explosive enough to be an NFL kick return guy. I think his play on kickoff and punt coverage is a better asset. Imo

Not everyone was talking about Bruce in the return game but I was. You could very well be correct and time will obviously tell. At any rate IMO the more versatility you have the more attractive you can be to NFL teams.

Christopher Moen
01-30-2019, 05:38 PM
Comparing Bruce and Lance's total career yards:

Bruce

ALL PURPOSE
GP
RUSH
RCV
PR
KR
IR
TOTAL
AVG/G

Total

Lance

ALL PURPOSE
GP
RUSH
RCV
PR
KR
IR
TOTAL
AVG/G

Total

Judging by these numbers, Bruce's Kick Returning helps his case, but also something that hasn't been mentioned yet, is the timing of their respective major injuries. Bruce injured his ankle pretty bad his Sophomore season and recovered to have great Junior and Senior seasons. Meanwhile, Lance severely injured his hip midway through his Junior season after being a man on a mission (he was a major TD machine at the time). I'm not sure he has completely recovered from that injury. Had the hip injury never occurred, I'm not sure Bruce goes on to have a monster Junior season and a great Senior season as Lance up to that time seemed (and I could be wrong here) to be the 1A RB.

Therefore, Bruce's return game and the timing of their respective injuries might be the reason why Anderson is the NDSU RB that NFL scouts are looking at instead of Lance. If Lance doesn't hurt his hip, the sky might have been the limit for him. Both were great players for NDSU and I'm glad we got to witness their contributions.

Bison 4 Life
01-30-2019, 05:44 PM
Comparing Bruce and Lance's total career yards:

Bruce

ALL PURPOSE
GP
RUSH
RCV
PR
KR
IR
TOTAL
AVG/G

Total

Lance

ALL PURPOSE
GP
RUSH
RCV
PR
KR
IR
TOTAL
AVG/G

Total

Judging by these numbers, Bruce's Kick Returning helps his case, but also something that hasn't been mentioned yet, is the timing of their respective major injuries. Bruce injured his ankle pretty bad his Sophomore season and recovered to have great Junior and Senior seasons. Meanwhile, Lance severely injured his hip midway through his Junior season after being a man on a mission (he was a major TD machine at the time). I'm not sure he has completely recovered from that injury. Had the hip injury never occurred, I'm not sure Bruce goes on to have a monster Junior season and a great Senior season as Lance up to that time seemed (and I could be wrong here) to be the 1A RB.

Therefore, Bruce's return game and the timing of their respective injuries might be the reason why Anderson is the NDSU RB that NFL scouts are looking at instead of Lance. If Lance doesn't hurt his hip, the sky might have been the limit for him. Both were great players for NDSU and I'm glad we got to witness their contributions.

"Injured his ankle"

You sound like a bunny poster.

IzzyFlexion
01-30-2019, 06:06 PM
Couldn't disagree more. Bruce's speed and burst improved greatly from his sophomore to his Junior year. His vision also greatly improved.

I think Bruce is much quicker and faster than Dunn, a much more powerful runner and has great hands. The last two years when Bruce hit a seam he was gone. No one caught him.

Nothing against Dunn as he is a great back in his own right, but I think Bruce is hands down the better back. That is the reason he was invited to the Senior Bowl.

We will see when they run 40's but my guess is Bruce will have the faster time.

I'll be very interested to see 40 dash numbers this spring (combine....pro day....or both). I think that it is possible that Easton will have the best time out of the three of them. I believe that all 3 will be very similar.

Christopher Moen
01-30-2019, 06:13 PM
"Injured his ankle"

You sound like a bunny poster.

Not really. Bruce had injured his ankle prior to the SDSU game, but Rozeboom made sure it stayed that way for pretty much the rest of the season.

2016 SEASON (SOPHOMORE): Played in 9 of 14 games...Missed the Illinois State homecoming game with an ankle sprain and re-injured it in the home loss to South Dakota State...Returned to the field at South Dakota in the regular-season finale and played in all three playoff games...Averaged 6.7 yards per carry with 38 attempts for 253 yards and one score...Had a season-long 61-yard run for a touchdown in the second round win over San Diego...NDSU's primary kickoff returner when healthy...Averaged 20.2 yards on 18 kick returns.

Vet70
01-30-2019, 06:19 PM
Not really. I believe Bruce had injured his ankle prior to the SDSU game, but Rozethug made sure it stayed that way for pretty much the rest of the season.

Fixed it.....

Tony Almeida
01-30-2019, 09:06 PM

Therefore, Bruce's return game and the timing of their respective injuries might be the reason why Anderson is the NDSU RB that NFL scouts are looking at instead of Lance. If Lance doesn't hurt his hip, the sky might have been the limit for him. Both were great players for NDSU and I'm glad we got to witness their contributions.This was exactly my observation of these two guys. I couldn't agree more.

HerdistheWord
02-07-2019, 08:32 PM
Anderson did not receive a combine invite. In fact, no FCS RB received an invite and only 14/338 invited players are from the FCS. The good ol' boys network is in full effect this year. FBS bias is pretty high this year, apparently. That is a very disappointing number of FCS players.

HerdistheWord
02-07-2019, 08:36 PM
It is also worth noting that Jimmy Moreland and B.J. Blunt were huge FCS snubs as well.

Professor Chaos
02-07-2019, 08:43 PM
Man, that sucks for Bruce. He gets hurt in the Senior Bowl early in the week and then doesn't even get invited to the combine.

I had heard he was grading out as an early day 3 pick too before the Senior Bowl... I would've thought that would mean an automatic invite. I guess that grade was embellished.

Bison4x
02-13-2019, 09:28 PM
Great video and evaluation of Bruce.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2lM7jDb6x0

HerdistheWord
02-14-2019, 01:04 AM
Great video and evaluation of Bruce.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2lM7jDb6x0

I haven't found any online scouts who have watched Bruce Anderson and come away unimpressed. His tape is generally pretty impressive.

VirginiaBison
02-14-2019, 02:40 AM
Anderson did not receive a combine invite. In fact, no FCS RB received an invite and only 14/338 invited players are from the FCS. The good ol' boys network is in full effect this year. FBS bias is pretty high this year, apparently. That is a very disappointing number of FCS players.Maybe this is a business opportunity for someone to start a combine focused on FCS players.

scottietohottie
02-14-2019, 03:06 AM
I haven't found any online scouts who have watched Bruce Anderson and come away unimpressed. His tape is generally pretty impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmOYMx4scFM

HerdistheWord
02-14-2019, 11:55 AM
Maybe this is a business opportunity for someone to start a combine focused on FCS players.

Actually, that is a great idea.

NovaBison
02-14-2019, 04:11 PM
Maybe this is a business opportunity for someone to start a combine focused on FCS players.

NFL has already got that covered... Regional NFL Combines -- I think they covered it in that ESPN series called undrafted:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/getting-into-the-game/regional-combine-invitational/

Professor Chaos
02-14-2019, 04:18 PM
NFL has already got that covered... Regional NFL Combines -- I think they covered it in that ESPN series called undrafted:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-players/getting-into-the-game/regional-combine-invitational/
According to this site those aren't being held this year: https://www.nflregionalcombines.com/

Hammerhead
02-14-2019, 04:44 PM

It might be hard to get NFL owners to foot the bill for that. Maybe open tryouts is the way to get on a roster like Adam Thielen.

GreenfieldBison
03-18-2019, 02:29 PM
Not sure if this guy knows left from right but if this happened I might actually pay some attention to my hometown NFL team.

https://purpleptsd.com/vikings-draft-profile-bruce-anderson-rb-ndsu/

gotts
03-18-2019, 02:44 PM
Not sure if this guy knows left from right but if this happened I might actually pay some attention to my hometown NFL team.

https://purpleptsd.com/vikings-draft-profile-bruce-anderson-rb-ndsu/

Honest question here because I have no clue. How does NDSU strength and conditioning compare to the programs of the NFL?

EightyfourBison
03-18-2019, 03:14 PM
Better tell that guy its not going to happen, as the Vikings don't sign players from NDSU.

GreenfieldBison
03-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Honest question here because I have no clue. How does NDSU strength and conditioning compare to the programs of the NFL?

I really have no idea either. I assume that any given NFL team though has loads more dollars to put into a program. The local team here just finished a spectacular training facility (according to the local sports press) a year or two ago.

But does Bruce need to put on weight to play in the NFL? I would think most of the work would be technique focused if anything but my knowledge level is at or near the bottom as far as the pro business goes.

Rixen
03-18-2019, 03:31 PM
I imagine the biggest benefit is the amount of time and energy he could now devote to his body and training. No more school and football 24/7 seems like a pretty big help.

AKBison
03-18-2019, 04:32 PM
He would also have access to more DR's, treatment, and um "medicine."

yopaulie
03-18-2019, 04:41 PM
I don't see him as a power back at all. Also can't see as an equivalent replacement to Murray. I can see Bruce as a 3rd down back. Great pass catcher, good blocker, quick enough for some 3rd down carries.

Christopher Moen
03-18-2019, 05:19 PM
He would also have access to more DR's, treatment, and um "medicine."

The Russian refer this as knowing their chemistry.

NovaBison
03-26-2019, 10:36 PM
Interview with Bruce

https://www.lockedoneagles.com/eagles/interview-with-ndsu-rb-bruce-anderson/

HerdistheWord
03-27-2019, 12:07 AM
Bruce has a predraft visit with the Bucs. Would be nice to see him in the David Johnson role of a Bruce Arians offense.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gregauman/status/1110672892474331136

DIBISON
03-31-2019, 04:21 AM
Bruce included in this list.

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-draft-best-small-school-prospects/

ndsubison1
04-04-2019, 03:43 AM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-final-2019-running-back-rankings-and-key-takeaways

Christopher Moen
04-04-2019, 04:04 AM
https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/marino-s-final-2019-running-back-rankings-and-key-takeaways

Bryce Love's draft status took a major hit since last season based on that list.

WeAreThePride
04-04-2019, 11:29 AM
Bryce Love's draft status took a major hit since last season based on that list.

Wasn't he projected as a first round pick last year?

23Bison
04-04-2019, 12:02 PM
That’s what surprised me most about that list. He was for sure in the top 5. Wonder what happened there?

turkeybucket
04-04-2019, 12:23 PM
That's why you see kids leave the college early. Something must have been exposed this past year in college. Staying in school another year may have cost him millions.

Back to Bruce, this is exciting. I was really concerned that his late season and combine injuries would hurt his draft stock. I'm glad to see that I was probably wrong.

VirginiaBison
04-15-2019, 09:22 PM
25 Days of Draftmas: Bruce Anderson is a running back whose best traits may be as a wide receiver (https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/4/15/18310618/25-days-of-draftmas-bruce-anderson-is-a-running-back-whose-best-traits-may-be-as-a-wide-receiver?fbclid=IwAR30U1GCVuwiOLPoB44s9zlrEF_taYYk _dswDY8KT5OSaS3gxp116juXBaw)

FTA: "A very Merry Draftmas to you! It’s 25 Days of Draftmas on Arrowhead Pride, where we’ll be giving you a draft prospect every day in April leading up to the NFL Draft. You’ll get a daily prospect profile like this one right up until Draft Day."

Tony Almeida
04-16-2019, 02:37 AM
25 Days of Draftmas: Bruce Anderson is a running back whose best traits may be as a wide receiver (https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/4/15/18310618/25-days-of-draftmas-bruce-anderson-is-a-running-back-whose-best-traits-may-be-as-a-wide-receiver?fbclid=IwAR30U1GCVuwiOLPoB44s9zlrEF_taYYk _dswDY8KT5OSaS3gxp116juXBaw)

FTA: "A very Merry Draftmas to you! It’s 25 Days of Draftmas on Arrowhead Pride, where we’ll be giving you a draft prospect every day in April leading up to the NFL Draft. You’ll get a daily prospect profile like this one right up until Draft Day."Day 3? Somebody is going to get a steal.

CAS4127
04-16-2019, 02:56 AM
Day 3? Somebody is going to get a steal.

As much as I like BA, not really a steal. There are lots of comparable RBs out there.

Rixen
04-22-2019, 02:54 PM
I have to agree with CAS. Bruce is a great running back. VERY well rounded but he isn't necessarily elite in any category. This RB class in the draft is weak at top but incredibly flat throughout the entire draft imo. I expect a LOT of RBs to go in day 3 this year and I think Bruce absolutely has a chance at getting drafted in rounds 6 or 7. If not, for sure going to get an UDFA spot somewhere.

CalBison97
04-23-2019, 12:17 PM
Tampa Bay Times article on Bruce:

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/bucs/2019/04/22/could-bruce-anderson-be-tampa-bays-latest-draft-diamond-in-the-rough/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

ndsubison1
04-23-2019, 07:48 PM
Think he goes in Round 5 or 6.

OrygunBison
04-23-2019, 10:26 PM
I remember watching the draft in something like 2006 or so and wondering what round Drago was going to get picked. He never did but then Mays did in the 6th by the Eagles, which I wasn't expecting. I clearly have no idea how teams make their selections given that at the time, my information was mostly coming from this message board...

Tony Almeida
04-24-2019, 02:44 AM
If Bruce stays healthy, he is going to surprise some of you.

EC8CH
04-24-2019, 03:07 AM
, my information was mostly coming from this message board...

You poor poor thing.

Professor Chaos
04-27-2019, 10:39 PM
Sounds like Bruce will sign with his hometown Bucs.

https://twitter.com/DraftDiamonds/status/1122267919021375489

EC8CH
04-27-2019, 10:47 PM

Go get it Bruce!

HerdistheWord
04-27-2019, 10:49 PM

Good fit for him IMO.

HerdistheWord
05-01-2019, 02:57 PM
Bruce getting some love. I’m excited for him in an Arians offense.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/tampa-bay-buccaneers-find-great-value-in-eighth-round-of-draft/

ndsubison1
05-02-2019, 02:38 AM
Tampa has one of the worst backfields. Stay healthy and he should make active roster.

EC8CH
05-02-2019, 03:40 AM
Real think Bruce has a shot of making a roster. He's so versatile as a running back, receiver, and special teams player on both sides of the ball. I think that's what gives him the edge on sticking in the league.

Bisonator98
05-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Hopefully Bruce can stay healthy, when healthy he is a great player.

HerdistheWord
05-10-2019, 10:45 PM
Apparently, Bruce was taking every play to the house regardless of the whistle. High effort play.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-rookie-mini-camp-devin-white-sean-murphy-bunting-jamel-dean-bruce-arians

CAS4127
05-10-2019, 11:39 PM
Apparently, Bruce was raking every play to the house regardless of the whistle. High effort play.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/bucs-rookie-mini-camp-devin-white-sean-murphy-bunting-jamel-dean-bruce-arians

That’s fairly typical, or at least it used to be when I was in High school and at NDSU in the 80s. Maybe things have changed, or maybe things are (hopefully) coming around for the better in all things. Crazy to think.

VirginiaBison
05-11-2019, 12:36 AM
"Obviously a lot of nerves, a lot of anxiety. I think some of them were burned out before we got through individual. A couple of them I don’t think worked out in a month or two." ... "A couple offense lineman – first time they’d ever put their hand on the ground and they struggled mightily trying to pass block that way. So, it’s a big learning curve"

Okay, these guys are supposedly from "Big School FBS .... not small school FCS and they don't know Football?

yopaulie
05-12-2019, 05:17 PM
https://thepewterplank.com/2019/05/10/tampa-bay-buccaneers-3-udfas-best-shot-make-team/amp/2/

BisManBison
05-12-2019, 08:38 PM
https://thepewterplank.com/2019/05/10/tampa-bay-buccaneers-3-udfas-best-shot-make-team/amp/2/

“the Bisons” lol

Herd
05-13-2019, 09:25 PM

Bruce highlight package . . . Wow! Gonna miss that guy.

wagsabison
05-14-2019, 09:48 AM
Bruce highlight package . . . Wow! Gonna miss that guy.

SDSU stiff arm is my favorite

Herd
05-14-2019, 11:01 AM
SDSU stiff arm is my favorite

That would have been the highlight of the year, but the play was flagged and TD didn’t stand. It was followed a couple plays later by the Stick to Bruce TD pass which got more highlight reel time, as it stood as an actual TD.

Vet70
05-14-2019, 12:44 PM
That would have been the highlight of the year, but the play was flagged and TD didn’t stand. It was followed a couple plays later by the Stick to Bruce TD pass which got more highlight reel time, as it stood as an actual TD.

Flag or no flag it is still the best highlight for me.

tony
05-14-2019, 01:34 PM
Flag or no flag it is still the best highlight for me.

My favorite play too despite what I consider a weak penalty call. #2 got smeared and an SDSU defender got planted. Sure, it got called back, but that play sent a message on national TV.

The most impressive highlight, imo, is that catch against UNI - that play was at NFL speed.

MankatoBison
05-14-2019, 02:08 PM
Not trying to step into the hyperbole-zone here....but you add in the returns from his rookie season, and this is as impressive a highlight real for a RB available in the 2019 draft

wagsabison
05-14-2019, 03:57 PM

I forgot that got called back.

NEBison
05-14-2019, 04:09 PM
I forgot that got called back.

If i remember correctly, there were 2 TDs that got called back on that drive before the TD pass to Bruce

Herd
05-14-2019, 05:21 PM
My favorite play too despite what I consider a weak penalty call. #2 got smeared and an SDSU defender got planted. Sure, it got called back, but that play sent a message on national TV.

The most impressive highlight, imo, is that catch against UNI - that play was at NFL speed.

On the UNI catch, Bruce cruised to the end zone. As Bruce ran away from everyone, all the sudden Shep runs up to escort him to the end zone. Clearly Shep can run.