PDA

View Full Version : 07 Recruits

RedRiver
09-28-2005, 03:57 PM
It's a little early, but it'll be interesting to follow the progress of this local player.

Austin Richards, the offensive left tackle for Fargo South High, is receiving DI interest. He is a 6'4" - 315 pound junior! Started for the Bruins as a sophmore. He has received letters of interest from DI schools Minnesota & NDSU.

coloradobison
09-28-2005, 04:59 PM
It would be early to be talking about 06 recruits ;D but thanks for the heads up.

BisonMav
09-28-2005, 06:20 PM
I think there is a kid from Cavalier that is pretty good. He would be 06 of course.

BISON_IN_MN
09-28-2005, 06:33 PM
I think they had both a LB/RB (Anderson) and a OL/DL (Vistad) named to the all state squad as Juniors. They are beating up on the A schools pretty bad this year...

met1990
09-28-2005, 07:03 PM
Anderson is a stud. I saw him play against Dickinson Trinity in last year's semifinal game. He hurt his hip midway through the first quarter, but he was one of those players that looked like a man amongst boys. One of the guys in the press box said (now this is the definition of second or third hand info.) that he had heard the NDSU coaches saying Anderson was the best player in the state...last year. That includes Chapelle that went to UND.

Yellow
09-28-2005, 08:30 PM
Austin Richards is a good friend of my brothers. They both play for south. I dont think NDSU will get him because Minnesota is looking at him pretty hard, and he really likes the idea of being a gopher. Hopefully he will change his mind

tony
09-28-2005, 09:02 PM
This is a perfect time to point out that nobody who can be considered a Bison booster should try to get involved in recruiting kids. You really shouldn't be talking to them or their families about it - it's a tough decision, let them make it without a bunch of folks pestering them.

Besides, those are the rules.

sambini
09-30-2005, 03:28 AM
I think the kid from Cavalier is the best in ND. Don'T BE SURPRISED IF THE GOPHERS go after him.

MN_BISONS
09-30-2005, 04:32 AM
I think the kid from Cavalier is the best in ND. Don'T BE SURPRISED IF THE GOPHERS go after him.

From what I hear, they already are going after him. We'll have to get BisonInTexas to straighten him out. (not really Tony, we don't want the NCAA coming down on him.)

BisonFan
09-30-2005, 05:15 PM
I don't think Matt Anderson is looking at the U of M as a serious option. His brother believes NDSU and UND are his top two choices. I hope the Bison can snag him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up at UND.

bisonplayer_43
09-30-2005, 05:40 PM
Its never to early to talk about recruits. Dont you think the coaches are calling them and sending letters to them as we speak?

GFBisonFan
09-30-2005, 05:46 PM
From what I hear, they already are going after him. *We'll have to get BisonInTexas to straighten him out. *(not really Tony, we don't want the NCAA coming down on him.)

How about an NFLer from Cavalier-Mr. Hunt

MN_BISONS
09-30-2005, 09:06 PM
How about an NFLer from Cavalier-Mr. Hunt

BisonInTexas is from Cavalier as well or at least I think that is where he grew up. I have heard a couple of things that should be of concern to Bison fans. Anderson is really good friends with Brady Trenbeath and I hear coach O. from Cavalier was a little miffed NDSU did not recruit his kid. Who knows...........Isn't Steve Laqua on NDSU's coaching staff this year? Another Cavalier boy.....

spider
09-30-2005, 11:27 PM
You guys should be able to get every top-of-the-line recruit in the state of North Dakota in a couple of years. Who would want to play DII instead of I-AA, with the chance of playing against I-A teams every year?

"Listen son, who would you rather play Minnesota and Ball State, or West Chestervilletownsonburg and St. Cumulo-nimbus State? Fargo Dome or some tin shed?Besides they don't even have a team name or mascot!";D

Do you guys think your coaches need a recruiting coordinator? My schedule is free for the next couple of months.

sambini
10-01-2005, 05:17 AM
I saw ANDERSON on sports hilites and he is a man amongest boys.

BisonInTexas
10-01-2005, 06:53 PM
BisonInTexas is from Cavalier as well or at least I think that is where he grew up. *I have heard a couple of things that should be of concern to Bison fans. *Anderson is really good friends with Brady Trenbeath and I hear coach O. from Cavalier was a little miffed NDSU did not recruit his kid. *Who knows...........Isn't Steve Laqua on NDSU's coaching staff this year? *Another Cavalier boy.....

Last I heard he was leaning toward NDSU. *I spoke with his father (one of my favorite teachers) this summer at the all-school reunion and dropped a few hints that NDSU might be a better fit... *;D

I really don't think that Coach Oksendahl would try and influence him one way or another - he is not that kind of coach (besides, how do you think all those Cavalier kids drove past Grand Forks to go play at NDSU? ;D).

Steve Laqua is coaching for NDSU this year. *Really nice kid (I guess I should say young man) - spoke with him at the reunion as well and told him to say hi to Gus and Todd.

Craig